my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » New Jedi Order Status?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: New Jedi Order Status?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-14-2003 01:30 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What is going on in the books right now. I kinda took a break from it, and will continue that until like next year, lol.

So, whats up?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 06-14-2003 01:33 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All righty then here we go....
but first....which book did you stop at?

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-14-2003 01:39 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm...let me see. ::Goes to go get the book.::

I stopped at Force Heretic: Remnant.

I haven't got into it yet, I haven't even really read anything past the first 5 pages.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-14-2003 01:50 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok. Luke and a team consisting of Jacen Solo, Danni Quee and some other soldiers and scientists, have begun a mission to find Zonama Sekot in order to discover how it defeated the Vong so many years ago.

Leia and Han try to convince the Imperial Remanant to join the Republic. They refuse of course. But after Grand Admiral Palleon is saved from death after being fatally injured in a battle against the Vong, the empire decide to offer some support to the Republic.

Also, that famous Star Destroyer Chimera is destroyed, and the Yevethan race is driven to extinction by the Vong.

--------------------

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-14-2003 01:57 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The most recent book is Force Heretic 2: Refugee.

In it, Luke and team try to track down Zonama Sekot but end up on many other strange planets. So they seek the help of the Chiss, who "rule" the unknown regions. The rest of the Solo family go back to Bakura to enlist their help. However, the Vong have plans for Bakura which involve the Ssi Ruuk and the Prime minister of Bakura.

Nom Anor, now an outcast, has become a "Force Heratic" (hence the title) known only as The Prophet. He now leads the masses of shamed ones hiding in the underground of Yuuzhan'tar.

The book ends with Luke and team finding a planet which they are convinced is Zonama Sekot. Bakura erupts in war again as the Ssi Ruuk attack and the prime minister is discovered to be only a droid.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-14-2003 02:10 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info...

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-14-2003 02:15 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea well i have pre ordered the final conclusion to the New Jedi Order series. You can order "The Unifying Force" at Amazon.com at only about $18.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-16-2003 05:01 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Must be hard cover! I can pick up soft cover books at my local bookstore for about $9.00

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-16-2003 07:37 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You Mean "The Unifying Force" is already out? I thought it was due to be released this December?

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-16-2003 07:53 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, he means hardcover books are alot of money, and soft covers where he lives aren't that much.

Not that the book is out yet.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-16-2003 07:55 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Er actually the book i ordered IS paperback. Ok it costs $18 Singapore currency, which is almost US$9.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:24 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I got from what he said he wasn't saying anything 'bout the book in paticular but about the price.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05