The Holonet Boards   » Expanded Universe   » New Jedi Order Status?

LumbiaSith

posted 06-14-2003 01:30 AM    
What is going on in the books right now. I kinda took a break from it, and will continue that until like next year, lol.

So, whats up?

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-14-2003 01:33 AM    
All righty then here we go....
but first....which book did you stop at?

LumbiaSith

posted 06-14-2003 01:39 AM    
Hmm...let me see. ::Goes to go get the book.::

I stopped at Force Heretic: Remnant.

I haven't got into it yet, I haven't even really read anything past the first 5 pages.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-14-2003 01:50 AM    
Ok. Luke and a team consisting of Jacen Solo, Danni Quee and some other soldiers and scientists, have begun a mission to find Zonama Sekot in order to discover how it defeated the Vong so many years ago.

Leia and Han try to convince the Imperial Remanant to join the Republic. They refuse of course. But after Grand Admiral Palleon is saved from death after being fatally injured in a battle against the Vong, the empire decide to offer some support to the Republic.

Also, that famous Star Destroyer Chimera is destroyed, and the Yevethan race is driven to extinction by the Vong.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-14-2003 01:57 AM    
The most recent book is Force Heretic 2: Refugee.

In it, Luke and team try to track down Zonama Sekot but end up on many other strange planets. So they seek the help of the Chiss, who "rule" the unknown regions. The rest of the Solo family go back to Bakura to enlist their help. However, the Vong have plans for Bakura which involve the Ssi Ruuk and the Prime minister of Bakura.

Nom Anor, now an outcast, has become a "Force Heratic" (hence the title) known only as The Prophet. He now leads the masses of shamed ones hiding in the underground of Yuuzhan'tar.

The book ends with Luke and team finding a planet which they are convinced is Zonama Sekot. Bakura erupts in war again as the Ssi Ruuk attack and the prime minister is discovered to be only a droid.

LumbiaSith

posted 06-14-2003 02:10 AM    
Thanks for the info...

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-14-2003 02:15 AM    
Yea well i have pre ordered the final conclusion to the New Jedi Order series. You can order "The Unifying Force" at Amazon.com at only about $18.

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-16-2003 05:01 AM    
Must be hard cover! I can pick up soft cover books at my local bookstore for about $9.00

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-16-2003 07:37 PM    
You Mean "The Unifying Force" is already out? I thought it was due to be released this December?

LumbiaSith

posted 06-16-2003 07:53 PM    
No, he means hardcover books are alot of money, and soft covers where he lives aren't that much.

Not that the book is out yet.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-16-2003 07:55 PM    
Er actually the book i ordered IS paperback. Ok it costs $18 Singapore currency, which is almost US$9.

LumbiaSith

posted 06-17-2003 12:24 AM    
Well I got from what he said he wasn't saying anything 'bout the book in paticular but about the price.