my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » Vong Weakness? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Vong Weakness?
Ken Durron

Broken Back Button

Member # 260

posted 06-21-2002 06:52 PM     Profile for Ken Durron   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Durron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are the Bafforr Trees from the planet Ithor, the Vong's weakness? If so, what way do the trees affect the Vong?
Posts: 12 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 216.67.207.171
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-22-2002 01:21 AM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just stay away from the vong man, the are scary...to many wierd things that kill planets really fast

--------------------

"im just a loser jedi, in a vast univers of winners..."
Section 4, article three of Trels book of facts

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.107
Sid

Member # 228

posted 06-22-2002 01:24 AM     Profile for Sid   Author's Homepage   Email Sid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes very true, very true!

--------------------

"The girl didn't do anything...and the droid either. Let them leave...or you shall die!"-Sid

"Its not bragging if its true..."-Sid

Posts: 96 | From: Cali | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Ken Durron

Broken Back Button

Member # 260

posted 06-22-2002 03:03 PM     Profile for Ken Durron   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Durron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, I´m serious! I know what the Vong are! I´m just curious as to their weakness.

--------------------

Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must, I do what I want!

Posts: 12 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.185.236.40
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-22-2002 06:23 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i know there weakness, if you chop them in half it makes them unhappy...there....dont tell anyone, its a secret

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 209.179.222.113
Ken Durron

Broken Back Button

Member # 260

posted 06-22-2002 06:43 PM     Profile for Ken Durron   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Durron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought people in here were knew lots about star wars! I probably know more than all of you! *Is disturbed by the sarcasm*

--------------------

Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must, I do what I want!

Posts: 12 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.185.236.40
Ahmad

Member # 219

posted 06-22-2002 07:55 PM     Profile for Ahmad   Author's Homepage   Email Ahmad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The best idea, would to ask Graysith. She knows nearly everything about the books, and other structured outward from the movies.

--------------------

"If I wanted to..you'd be dead"-Ahmad

Posts: 90 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-23-2002 12:30 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya, graysith would know, im just a star wars fan, seen every movie so far, and understand them better then most, i have personaly only read 2 star wars books, but im gonna be reading a lot more as soon as i finish the fantasy series im ready, but thats besides the point... Umm... ya, the vong are basicly a really burly people, im not it mentions there weakness in the book i have read about them... but ah, i do know they created a desease that umm...screwed mara jade up... *nod nod nod* and they have the wierd suits that make them look human, and the things that let them breath underwater... there all good

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 209.178.189.236
Ahmad

Member # 219

posted 06-23-2002 02:23 AM     Profile for Ahmad   Author's Homepage   Email Ahmad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Entaris, I am in th esame seat. But truly, I believe tha tyou might be right on this situation. But if this is for role playing, you should truly ask Graysith, because I wouldn't completley know about the whole situation. Just my opinion.

--------------------

"If I wanted to..you'd be dead"-Ahmad

Posts: 90 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 07-30-2002 09:20 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL. Actually, if you wanna ask about the Vong, I'm the most up-to-date on the EU stuff, hence the reason I'm the moderator of this forum. Those trees did have some sort of negative effect on the Vong armor I believe, but I don't think it was significant enough to cause the defeat of the Vong or anything. And since the damn Vong destroyed Ithor, there's not much you can do with those trees anymore.

And the Vong are a humanoid species that came in the galaxy from another one, in Vector Prime. And the covering they wear is called an ooglith masquer.

And guys, not everyone here comes to role play. I think Ken just had a question.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I had some catching up in EU to do. But I'm almost there...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.159.131
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-30-2002 11:27 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All hail Mara1jade, the goddess of the vong! ok, im done.... the best thing about the vong though, that makes them hard to kill, his the invisible suit that keeps them warm, plus the thing that lets them breath under water, with that it is kinda like subtracting a weakness, because they end up just getting in water that is to cold to follow... *chuckle* i wish i had all that cool stuff...and the VILLIPS! YES! I WANNA VILLIP!
hehe, ok, now im really done...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.94
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-30-2002 12:03 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"As you wish, Goddess."

Kyp Durron, Rebel Dream.

And WHY does "I wanna villip!" just sound WRONG to me???

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.159.131
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-30-2002 12:25 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
beats me, sounds fine to me, is it so bad to want a little animal that acts as a cominucator?

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-30-2002 12:27 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
because "I wanna villip" is "I want to villip..."

And well, I don't know how you villip, but sounds sorta like...

...Jeez, I'm getting worse all the time...

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-30-2002 12:33 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FINE! ill say it all corectly-like,

"i want a villip"

HAPPY?! *chuckle*

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-30-2002 02:01 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, I want an ooglith masquer. Doesn't the idea of a covering that bores into every single pore when you put it on just make you wanna go run and buy one? Gotta love the idea of feeling each little piece of it rip out of every little pore when you take it off.

Ah, the thrill of pain...

LOL

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-30-2002 02:49 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ya, the destiptions are devenetly wonderfuly depictive, or when they put the breather thing on.

Feeling the thing reach down through your throat and plug itself into the liquids of your body...

man, that just sounds pleasant doesnt it?

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.207
jedimasterskul

Member # 315

posted 08-14-2002 12:43 AM     Profile for jedimasterskul   Author's Homepage   Email jedimasterskul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i cant believe they killed anakin solo
Posts: 18 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 209.142.130.72
jedimasterskul

Member # 315

posted 08-14-2002 12:45 AM     Profile for jedimasterskul   Author's Homepage   Email jedimasterskul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it will be the vongs beliefs that will end them
Posts: 18 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 209.142.130.72
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 03:11 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just think a Jedi will....like me

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 08-14-2002 09:30 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Jedi aren't proactive enough. Maybe a little more so recently...

Oh, and be careful with spoilers (I.E. Anakin). Not all of use have read every book yet. If you wanna talk about a book though,feel free to open a discussion and label it as having spoilers.

[ 08-14-2002 09:31 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
jedimasterskul

Member # 315

posted 08-14-2002 11:15 PM     Profile for jedimasterskul   Author's Homepage   Email jedimasterskul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so sorry!please forgive?
Posts: 18 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 209.206.157.102
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-19-2003 07:56 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually my hypothesis is that the Vong has something to do with that Novel by Greg Bear "Rogue Planet". They were defeated by a living planet, Zonama Sekot....like...almost 50 years before"Vector Prime". Their defeat will have something to do with Zonama Sekot's return......this is only a hypothesis

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-19-2003 08:13 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I feel their weakness has to deal with their messed up noises, hehe..

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-19-2003 08:22 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you are refering to their speech.....thats their language

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05