my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Leaving Orbit....   » What a Difference a Year Makes!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: What a Difference a Year Makes!
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-01-2004 08:30 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All right, folks, there's no way out of this. The sky at night this fall sucks.

No planets to be seen now: they all rise waaaay late or in the early hours of the morning. Ok, if you're in the center of the US and hang around until about 3:00 a.m. you'll get to see Venus. But Jupiter, Saturn... they don't show in our skies until around 7:00 a.m., CDT.

And as for Mars??? After the WONDERFUL show it gave us last year at this time...

It too is peeking out in the wee hours.

Boo.

*Sighs*

Oh well, back to Venus: it's in the dawn sky, and pretty bright. So if you get up before sunrise you can see her.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.198
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-05-2004 02:48 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're telling me, Graysith. The only thing I have round here to look at night is the moon...and some stars. Very few that i can see clearly.

Unless I'm up in the mountains camping, that is. I aboslutely love the view up there. You can just stand still and watch the sky till you freeze. (I'm speaking from personal experience here...)

But camping season's over. Bummer. Back to my boring old night sky. Even more boring, since I can't stay up to watch for Venus...

I miss Mars, too.

[ 09-05-2004 02:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.228.9.136
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-05-2004 02:51 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mars is war. If we can't see it, then why are we in Iraq?

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 216.160.191.93
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-05-2004 04:44 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't think you were one to believe that the planets control our fates and stuff like that, Ryk.

Or was that a joke?

I'm too tired to be sure...

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.228.150.60
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 09-07-2004 10:06 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I miss the camping sky too... or the 4 nights all summer we had where we could see anything that is... we had nothing but rain and T-storms for 7 very wet weeks this summer so I only got to give 1 astronomy lesson... Luckily it was to my Hogwarts Adventure kids so they didn't think I was lame for doing it the way some kids do... Kids these days I'm telling ya...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.136.218.101

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05