my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Leaving Orbit....   » Interested?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Interested?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-12-2003 12:03 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why are you interested in stars?

Myself, I'm just not an universal kinda guy. I really don't like looking beyond my own planet, other than on a date--which would be nice for romantic means. But it is interesting when you read about things.

But that's just me, and the topic is about everyone else...

So, what makes you interested in the stars above, the milkway and all those other great things beyond our planet?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-16-2003 06:42 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always kind of wonder if somehow, Every SCI-FI movie concept is really someones vision that they were shown by another race of beings. Maybe there really is a Star Wars universe! Or maybe a Star Trek one.

Who can say for sure. But there are certainly lots of different visions, if this is the case. But with such an infinate amount of space in the Universe, who's to say it isn't possible? I know I'm not qualified to make that type of decision!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-16-2003 06:50 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not the universe man, space. Universe limits us to our solar system, I think. If I'm wrong, correct me.

Galaxy limits us to the milkway and our solar system.

Pass that is something we haven't seen. Which can be considered space, as well as our galaxy.

If I'm wrong on any of these words, do correct me.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-16-2003 08:21 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Universe is the entirety of matter and energy that exists anywhere it is the biggest possible "area" to consider - much bigger than our galaxy, solar system etc. it incorporates every galaxy and every everything there ever was and ever will be.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-16-2003 08:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Universe creates itself, and space and time, as it expands. The Universe is all that is, and current theory indicates the very real possibility of parallel universes. Every bit of matter, every atom, was created in the first nanoseconds of what has come to be called the Big Bang, and wonder of wonders, now it is theorized that during those initial, incredible moments matter could indeed exceed the speed of light to which it is now confined.

It's mind-boggling to contemplate.

If there is a God, his Name is Universe, in my humble opinion.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 06-16-2003 11:58 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stargazing has always been one of my hobbies...sometimes when I need to relax I just pull up a lawn chair outside and stare off into space, while listening to Pink Floyd's Echoes...

Seriously, try it sometime. If you live in the city take a short trip out to where there are clearer skies and less lights, and bring a cd player with some relaxing music. Best stress relief you'll ever experience.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.206
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:17 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe this thread should be in the Doctor forum. Hehe

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05