The Holonet Boards   » Leaving Orbit....   » Interested?

LumbiaSith

posted 06-12-2003 12:03 AM    
Why are you interested in stars?

Myself, I'm just not an universal kinda guy. I really don't like looking beyond my own planet, other than on a date--which would be nice for romantic means. But it is interesting when you read about things.

But that's just me, and the topic is about everyone else...

So, what makes you interested in the stars above, the milkway and all those other great things beyond our planet?

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-16-2003 06:42 PM    
I always kind of wonder if somehow, Every SCI-FI movie concept is really someones vision that they were shown by another race of beings. Maybe there really is a Star Wars universe! Or maybe a Star Trek one.

Who can say for sure. But there are certainly lots of different visions, if this is the case. But with such an infinate amount of space in the Universe, who's to say it isn't possible? I know I'm not qualified to make that type of decision!

LumbiaSith

posted 06-16-2003 06:50 PM    
Not the universe man, space. Universe limits us to our solar system, I think. If I'm wrong, correct me.

Galaxy limits us to the milkway and our solar system.

Pass that is something we haven't seen. Which can be considered space, as well as our galaxy.

If I'm wrong on any of these words, do correct me.

Padme of Hidden Lake

posted 06-16-2003 08:21 PM    
Universe is the entirety of matter and energy that exists anywhere it is the biggest possible "area" to consider - much bigger than our galaxy, solar system etc. it incorporates every galaxy and every everything there ever was and ever will be.

Graysith

posted 06-16-2003 08:39 PM    
The Universe creates itself, and space and time, as it expands. The Universe is all that is, and current theory indicates the very real possibility of parallel universes. Every bit of matter, every atom, was created in the first nanoseconds of what has come to be called the Big Bang, and wonder of wonders, now it is theorized that during those initial, incredible moments matter could indeed exceed the speed of light to which it is now confined.

It's mind-boggling to contemplate.

If there is a God, his Name is Universe, in my humble opinion.

Taehun

posted 06-16-2003 11:58 PM    
Stargazing has always been one of my hobbies...sometimes when I need to relax I just pull up a lawn chair outside and stare off into space, while listening to Pink Floyd's Echoes...

Seriously, try it sometime. If you live in the city take a short trip out to where there are clearer skies and less lights, and bring a cd player with some relaxing music. Best stress relief you'll ever experience.

LumbiaSith

posted 06-17-2003 12:17 AM    
Maybe this thread should be in the Doctor forum. Hehe