my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » All the King's Horses (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: All the King's Horses
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-01-2004 03:02 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the Commander's orders where swiftly and accurately carried out on the main deck, one of the bridge officers came across an interesting comm message, one which was broadcast across a general frequency.

""Hello, Uh, I don't know if you remember me, but I am Jebbua Dahutt along with some companinans of mine. Speaking of which, I was wondering if you would know where Dash and the others are at? It is vitial That i know where they are and am willing to pay whatever to find out this info. Jebbua Out."

He frowned, then sent off a decisive reply. "This is the Super Star Destroyer Hornett replying to your communication. Who is the intended receipient of your comm?"

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 07-01-2004 04:08 AM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nefrai Kesh knew that he had come here for the right reason. He could feel the forces needed that would set his purpose in motion. This he knew as the party of shipsmen drew ever closer.

He would take them one at a time, as he usually did. It would be easy to cut them all down in the corridor, but that would be to easy.

No, he would wait, instill yet more fear in them as they wandered the halls on a search that would come to an inevitable ending. He chuckled to himself.

Yes, more would come, and he would feel their flesh rend and blood run over his claws, once again.

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 128.12.74.186
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 07-01-2004 04:36 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: From the thread in Complete Star Wars Universe called Return to Rhyloth: A Bittersweet Reunion comes Jamel Garth.))

Time and time again Jamel had ventured from world to world, seeking dependence, seeking a family. Over the years that had passed since his disappearance from the then Hutt governed Tatooine he had very vew connection, very few friends. However, through the tides of time and young turmoil he had found one that he felt he could care for. That man he had left and though through these moving times he had little time to reflect, or think he always thought about that man.

In this man, this Jedi, he had found something he could look up to. The feeling that he had gained when he thought about his mother or his Teras Kasi teacher. These people were idols, gods to him, beings that stood by themselves with the crowd around them. He wanted to be caring, giving and educated like this man.

This man was Shawn Petrolu and in this man he had saught a family.

However, he ran from this person. He didn't know how to react to care, compassion and understanding without disgrunt as he did. Even though on the calm terms that the two had parted ways, it was always haunting for Jamel to remind himself of. The fact that he delibertly took himself away from something so positive, so nurturing felt wrong to him.

Since, Jamel beated himself for it. Nitpicking at every mistake and reminding himself of the day that he had met Shawn and also the day he had left him. It was those times that he felt he needed to find Shawn and become something better and not make those mistakes. Even in his youth he knew the value of friendship, the value of a good relationship because he had the absence of it.

So as the dark times of the galaxy casted about and more mystical ideals produced from the resting, the young Jamel ventured. He adventured about the galaxy, learning of Shawn and trying to catch on his trail. He seemed always only a few steps behind on every step and it had in the end led him to EE, what seemed to have some high ranking employers that had friendship with Shawn.

It was from this hint, this tip from a random employer at a Drunkenwell cantina that he took to the Holonet in request for these people. The same Holonet that he knew could warrant the fearful, abusing glare of his father. The same Holonet that he had thought he would never have to resort to.

The message read...

"This is Jamel seeking a Shawn Petrolu. If anyone can lead me to the contacts of Eagle Enterprise highest officals, such as Terrin Danner, Aaron Barnes or Taylor Garrison. I have a decent amount of credits to offer and ships to deal."

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 24.10.39.177
Jebbua Dahutt

Really Nice Member

Member # 433

posted 07-01-2004 10:26 PM     Profile for Jebbua Dahutt   Author's Homepage   Email Jebbua Dahutt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was just about to give up hope when all of a sudden a message was sent to my comm.

"This is the Super Star Destroyer Hornett replying to your communication. Who is the intended receipient of your comm?"

I cleared my throat and sent back a reply.

"Captian Barnes of course, He the only person i beilve who actually knew where they went."

I thought about asking if i could come aboard, but i decided against, first i would wait to see what he would say.

--------------------

My characters- Jebbua Dahutt, Alexis Dahutt, and Jurrsk Balck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything that has an ending has a beginning.

Posts: 281 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 66.141.71.235
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 07-06-2004 03:33 AM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna smiled as the reply came in over the commlink with Hornett, then leaned forward and once more let her fingers dance upon the board in front of her. In no time an acknowledgement to the incoming message was winging its way toward the massive super star destroyer, even as her own little craft began to follow suit.

Not too much longer and a dark rectangle loomed against the darker mass of the great ship. The smile flickered about her lips then as she flipped off the automatic controls and set about manually docking in the profferred bay now only tens of meters in front of her.

Careful, Minna, she thought to herself as she guided "Forbiddance" a tad wee to the starboard. It sure wouldn't make the kind of impression you'd like to make if you slammed into this baby and hurt something now, would it?

Slowly the open docking bay doors grew in size until they took up the entirety of her forward viewscreen. Deep within the bowels ahead she could make out figures scurrying about behind the protective shield, men at various posts doing what they had to do to make certain their end of her docking went along clean as a whistle. She smiled again as the open space to her right was suddenly covered by an electronically encumbered bulkhead, its blinking lights letting her know that at last she was inside the docking bay.

Only then did she release control of her ship entirely to the tractor beams coming from the Hornett, and allow "Forbiddance" to come to a featherlight touchdown at the control of hands other than hers.

She rocked slightly as a slight bump told her she had finally landed; then reaching forward she quickly powered down, letting her little ship hiss and grumble to itself as cooling gases escaped from its vents.

You won't be grumbling so much after too long a time, baby....

Then she rose to her feet, brushed off any specks of dust from her person that might be there, and after running a neatening hand over the fur on top of her head, disembarked her ship and stepped out onto the deck of the docking bay.

A man was waiting there, patiently.

"I'm Minna Manth," she said in brusque introduction, taking another step forward before coming to a stop in front of him. She smiled for all she was worth, for he looked pleasant enough, if not just a bit worried.

"I think I have a service you are somewhat interested in...?"

--------------------

The spy who loves you....

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.198
Taylor Garrison

Member # 556

posted 07-06-2004 04:16 AM     Profile for Taylor Garrison   Author's Homepage   Email Taylor Garrison     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taylor tried to clear any traces of worry and concern from his brown eyes. "Yes," he then replied, extending a hand then in greeting. "I'm Commander Taylor Garrison. If you'll follow me, we'll find a more private place to talk."

Turning on his heel then, Taylor took the lead a mere step ahead of Minna Manth, leading her out of the docking area and into a pathway of corridors. Once they reached the appropriate turbolift Taylor paused, pressing the button to bring the lift back to their level. When it arrived they stepped inside and made their way to Red Level, and Taylor lead the Bothan through the corridors til at length they were at his personal office. Taylor unlocked the door and the metal door slid open with a whoosh, revealing a fairly plush office with a dark wood desk and a few chairs surrounding it. Again Taylor took the lead, entering and going behind his desk where he took a seat. He extended a hand over the desk then, indicating a chair for Manth to take right across from him, which she did.

Taylor leaned forward on his desk, "I'm going to be very straightforward with you, Miss Manth. My time to find this antidote is steadily slipping away with each moment we speak, and the victim has already had the toxin in his blood stream approximately two days. So, before we go any further in our dealings, I must know one simple thing. Can you both retrieve and deliver the antidote back to me before it is too late?"

[ 07-06-2004 04:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taylor Garrison ]

Posts: 57 | From: On the Hornett... | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 07-06-2004 04:23 AM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nefrai Kesh grinned inwardly. Another presance had come to join them aboard. More prey, he thought, as he speed down the corridors, Bipedally leaving scratchings in the floor. After all, one on one had never been very enjoyable.
I should bring them together for a little party.

He speed around another corner, and he found himself in what appeared to be a storage room, he guessed it was near the docking bays, it reeked of starfighter fuel.

He noticed a maitenence droid proceeding to load a hover truck with fuel barrels, and grinned.

A few moments later, the fuel lay on the floor, several of them leeking, the wreckage of the droid soaked in the liquid.

Above him, he coud sense the newest presence moving about. Three, no four, sentients stood above him. He could sense irregular vibrations in the air, and new it to be conversation.
Let me give them a thrill shall I?

He leapt to the ceiling of the room, and began shredding the metal beneath them. He could hear and feel their screams through the air, their feet leaping up to avoid his seeking claws.

But not fast enough.

He grabbed on of their legs (it appeared to be human) and dragged it through the metal, and began to shred it.

He waited for a few moments, then ceased. He let out a deep yowling roar similar to a Corellian Sand Panthers, and darted into the shadows among the corners, and awaited his hunters.

No, those he hunted.

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.2.36
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 07-06-2004 04:30 AM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna hadn't batted an eye as Taylor led her through this corridor and that, passageways filled with the bustle of crewmen hurrying about on one assignment or another, even though the immense size of Hornett filled her with awe.

40,000 credits is nothing to these people, she thought as she was ushered into a quietly opulent office of this obviously lesser ranked individual.

I wonder how their commander lives. Maybe a little of this can come Forbiddance's way when all is said and done....

Now she blinked, bringing her focus back in hand, letting Garrison's worried words fill her ears. She nodded to him, and leaned forward in her seat, unable to help sending a wayward glance toward a decanter of something blue setting nonchalantly on a shelf behind him.

"Yes," she finally said aloud, directing her gaze back to the man in front of her. "I am aware of the dangers of this Mandalorian Temblor toxin, and I believe I can return with the antidote within... hmmm...

"Eight days, give or take one. This is a guarantee. And now--"

She settled more comfortably in her seat, letting the fingers of one hand brush lightly against the soft upholstery.

"Before I depart to obtain this antidote, I must request something in the way of a downpayment. I am going to be needing certain... supplies."

She let her words trail off with that, and cocked her head to one side to observe what reaction Mr. Garrison might then have.

[ 07-06-2004 04:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.198
Taylor Garrison

Member # 556

posted 07-07-2004 03:02 AM     Profile for Taylor Garrison   Author's Homepage   Email Taylor Garrison     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Though Taylor was not very experienced in these sort of dealings, Minna's request didn't surprise him all that much. "Whatever you need to get the job done effeciently," he replied then. "If it's ship repairs or modifications you are needing, I can have that done immediately. If it's something else...

...fill me in, and I'll see what I can do to help."

He paused then, his brown eyes already noting the Bothan's occasional glance to the blue liquor behind him. He waved a hand back towards it as he then finished with, "Would you care for a drink while we make the arrangements for you to get the supplies which you require?"

Posts: 57 | From: On the Hornett... | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 07-08-2004 02:31 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nefrai Kesh suddenly sensed yet another presence comming to the ship. No, three presences.

This was most delightful. Aside from those two other non-injured workers, there had been no signs of witnessess.

Then, just as he thought of this, he heard yet another alert go off: "ALERT! Security level raised in docking sections, extreme caution advised! ALERT! Security level raised in all docking sections, extreme caution advised!

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-14-2004 03:21 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The crewman on comm-duty on the main deck of the Hornett pondered a message which he had received very carefully, considering just what to do with it:

"This is Jamel seeking a Shawn Petrolu. If anyone can lead me to the contacts of Eagle Enterprise highest officals, such as Terrin Danner, Aaron Barnes or Taylor Garrison. I have a decent amount of credits to offer and ships to deal."

At length, however, he made a decision and replied.
This is the Hornett receiving your transmission. If you will transmit more specific identification, we will be happy to at least try to assist you.

Once the message was then sent, The comm officer waited.

Havoc reigned now near the main hangar. Something, something fast as lightning, had torn through a storage area, leaving both injured crew workers and frightened ones. Once the injured were tended to, security made the necessary call to Taylor Garrison, who was just getting to the business of asking Minna Manth just what supplies she might need. As he was sitting in his office, his commlink beeped, the tone one which denoted an emergency.

"This is Commander Taylor Garrison," he said into his comm, looking apolegetically to Manth.

"Sir, this is Main Hangar Security. Security level in all docking areas has been raised. There has been another... incident."

Taylor frowned. "Comm Jedi Petrolu at frequency 111248. Give him all the details, and then you can fill me in shortly. Garrison out."

Closing off the comm frequency with that, Taylor turned back to Manth. "You'll have to pardon me, but we seem to be having a...ahhh... slight security problem. I don't mean to rush things, but I feel my attention is required regarding that problem. So, in order to get you on your way, I'll direct you to my best crew of ship repairmen, and we'll get you the supplies you need to be on your way...

...that is, unless there is something else you will require..."

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 07-14-2004 03:36 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I've never seen anything quite like this," Shawn admitted to the squad of gaurds which had accompanied him down to the engineering level. Even as he did, he reached out and ran a finger through a claw-mark on the mangled engineering door. Immediately he shivered, a chill running up and down his spine.

"This is the work of something very evil..." he whispered to himself.

But even as he did so, the commlink Taylor GArrison had given him chirped. "Jedi Petrolu here," he answered.

"Sir, Commander Garrison requested that we notify you there has been another incident concerning the creature, in the docking bay. Some have been wounded, and there is ship damage. We believe the creature may still be close by the main hangar area."

Shawn's look didn't shift from his usual calm one. If it was a creature at all, he couldn't help thinking to himself though.

"I'm on my way, but I have a feeling it will be gone before I get there. Still, I think I might be able to get a lock on its presence soon...

...and I also might have an idea as to how we might deal with this more successfully. On second thought, have some of your crewmen who witnessed the incident, along with some who did not, to the main dining area. I'll meet you there in five standard minutes."

"As you wish it, Master Jedi. Main Hangar Security out."

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 07-14-2004 03:03 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Plenty of non-entities had come by since his last attack, but none were very important, and he could sense the jedi already moving away. Disappointing jedi....

He stole through the bulk heads in pursuit of the presence. If he can't find me, then I'll change the score from hunted to hunter.

Nefrai Kesh made sure to leave signs of his passing.

--------------------

Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 07-17-2004 03:55 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jamel stood in wonder and puzzlement at the reply for a second. In many senses he was shocked, but he had learned from Petrolu that sometimes one should be hold a calm exterior for situations. So, he proceded, leaning back against the nearest wall and placing in a reply. Even while his fingers pressed against the comm. units activator, he could fill his brain rattle in confusion at what exactly he sould say.

"Hmm, this is Jamel Garth," he began, a frown shaping its way onto his lips. "I will send you my public and private Mos Eisley, Tatooinain identification."

Even as the words sled out into the frequency of the comm unit and to the man on the Eagle Enterprise, he began away at sending what information on his profile that he could. There was a certainy that they should be cautious, but it'd be foolish idea after they notice he was just a young teen.

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 24.10.39.177
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 07-22-2004 10:24 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn didn't have to be told to feel the presence which was now turning and heading his way as he stepped into the dining hall of the Hornett; in fact, he had been almost expecting it from the time he changed his course from the docking area to here.

He looked to the head gaurd in the squadron which still accompanied him. "Have the dining hall cleared, and notify the docking crew who have witnessed the havoc below not to come here as originally requested. Whatever is attacking on board this ship...

...it's on it's way here."

The guard simply nodded in response, and quickly executed the Jedi's request. In less than five minutes the dining hall was clear excepting the squad of guards and Shawn.

Shawn extended a hand, palm down. "Stay back," he then said calmly from the center of the room where he stood.

The head guard complied, almost looking thankful for the Shawn's suggestion.

Shawn didn't move, didn't flinch. He barely even blinked as he waited serenely in the same place. Stretching out with the Force then, he reached out to that presence still coming in his direction, gauging it. Something dark and sinister radiated from it...

...so he sent a simple message out.

Leave the others alone...

[ 07-22-2004 10:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 07-22-2004 10:49 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Leave the others alone... The message rang through in Nefrai Keshs mind. Fool, it believes I answer to common beings.

He halted above the hall, laying low in a crouch in the space between the floor above and the hall below.

He swiftly sped around the hall in no direct patern, creating loud clicking and pinging sounds. Suddenly he stopped, and for a few seconds, could still hear the passing echo's of his movement resounding in the chamber.

He burst through the durasteel plating, and found himself to be comming from above the main entrance to the room.

In midflight, he morphed his body into a bipedal shape, and tore into one guard, shredding him, then leapt to another, shredding him as well.

He leapt to the ceiling, and clung to it with his claws, and let out a beastial roar.

--------------------

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 67.174.250.242
Jebbua Dahutt

Really Nice Member

Member # 433

posted 07-23-2004 02:35 AM     Profile for Jebbua Dahutt   Author's Homepage   Email Jebbua Dahutt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was begining to wonder how long it would take for them to answer me, when all of a sudden, Pain. I felt pain.

Alexis, Noo! I fell to the floor with my hand on my head. Capt. Obvouis rushed to my aide.

"Turn... Ship....Around....Go....Sullest....Now...." was all i could get out before darkness took me, but as the darkness took me, I felt Capt. Obvuis head towards the cockpit.

(((OOC:Please follow Jebbua, Capt. Obvuis and Dink to Minds Like a Sieve in the CSWU Forum, Thank you.)))

[ 07-23-2004 02:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

--------------------

My characters- Jebbua Dahutt, Alexis Dahutt, and Jurrsk Balck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything that has an ending has a beginning.

Posts: 281 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 66.141.71.235
Dashawn E'bnnwing

Member # 548

posted 07-23-2004 02:27 PM     Profile for Dashawn E'bnnwing   Author's Homepage   Email Dashawn E'bnnwing     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dashawn had continously lept into the shadows behind this Shawn Petrolu, glamoured by the existance of the Jedi. It had been such a different and awkward lifestyle since he had come to this time. Even though in the days of his birth there was no such thing as Jedi, they had managed to ressurect, become something and as quick as he could accept they just being alive they whittered away by the hands of the New Empire.

The universe was much different, but some things, like the power, the strenght of the Empire would never change.

Even as Dashawn lept scurried into the hall within the group of security, this idea troubled him and he wondered exactly what he was doing. The political schemes of the galaxy were much different, but what would the Empire do if they ever found of him. It was certian that they had some sort of records on him, and the troubles that they would create for him would be numerous.

The whole idea of it was hard to comprehend, for anyone and much harder to accept. Yet, he had to, for as the words from Shawn were told to stand back, he realized that he was in a conflict of his own now. This one, however, he could not just contemplate about and it would be conclude. Even as he had observed the situation, remembering all the days as a stormtrooper so long ago, he could not understand what was happening.

Until the feeling of fear overwhelmed the room with the sounds of scurrying feet hitting the hall walls, bouncing on a radical path before many of the guards were down.

A frown carved on Dashawn's face then, his eyes drifting off to the ceiling and to the ground in search of something. It was then that he realized he held something on his waist that would conclude all these problems. He lifted his hand, stepping beside Shawn Petrolu, letting the metal object fly into his hand with the bid of the Force.

The object was a hilt, a hilt of a lightsaber. As the seconds transpired, the decorated flag of the Jedi sprung forth in an emitting ray of destruction. A sizzling pop circled the room as the green light illumanited Dashawn's face.

"Hey," he whispered to Shawn, a smirk making its way onto Dashawn's face.

--------------------

"Abo are sooo...ugly!"-Dashawn

Posts: 31 | From: Unknown | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 24.10.39.177
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 07-27-2004 05:26 AM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna cocked her head a bit to one side and studied Garrison with instantly hooded eyes.

An... incident?

For a moment she remained absolutely still, giving the chill now running up and down her spine leave to complete its tour of her body before it finally dissipated altogether. She was, after all, a spy, and a good one; it didn't take a rocket scientist to read the danger lurking in the depths of the pair of eyes which still perused her, albeit a bit more... pressingly than before.

Smiling, she rose to her feet.

"Thank you, Mr. Garrison," she said softly, as though she didn't want to further burden the man with so much as an uplifted voice.

"If you would be so kind as to place some of that--"

She pointed to the blue bottle behind him.

"--aboard my ship, and give her a Level Three diagnostic, as well as provide her with fuel and food, I'll take my leave of you and continue with our, umm... contract, did you say?"

Still smiling, she turned slightly sideways, letting her body language explain to Garrison that if he needed to hurry on his way, far be it from her to delay him.

[ 07-27-2004 05:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.253.7
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 07-29-2004 02:19 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn's every sense was on nothing other at the moment than the creature which clung to the ceiling with fearsome claws, roaring mightily. Still, he did notice the young man who had come to his side, one who surprisingly weilded a lightsaber. His senses still trained on the beast, Shawn called his own lightsaber to his hand, a blue blade joining the already ignited green one. Standing in place, ready for whatever the creature might do, Shawn stretched out to it once more.

Who are you, and what do you want...?

--------------------

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 08-02-2004 07:47 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nefrai Kesh laughed inwardly. He fell from the cieling to the center of the hall, and resumed his "normal" humanoid appearence.

"Speak openly foolish jedi, I need no telepathy to communicate!" He spun and with his claws, cut down a guard that had been approaching from behind with a vibro blade, and threw his corpse off to the side.

"I am Nefrai Kesh, if you paid close attention in your classes, you should know me! Aside from that, I am here to rip you all assunder, as is my calling!"

--------------------

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 66.122.73.229
Kassa Baute

Broken Back Button

Member # 540

posted 08-09-2004 02:01 AM     Profile for Kassa Baute   Author's Homepage   Email Kassa Baute     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Man, I'm such an idiot. Kassa thought. after he checked in on his video feeds that he had on his bounty's, Alexis, house. There was a big fight seqence with some other guy and some girl who looked like another bounty hunter. Know he had nothing.

Might as well go back to Sullest. there's bound to be other bounties on someone there.Kassa thought.

He set course for Sullest and watched as the stars turned to white lines.

(((OOC: Follow Kassa to Minds like a sieve in the CSWU Forum. Thanks.)))

[ 08-09-2004 02:01 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kassa Baute ]

Posts: 12 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 66.141.71.235
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-12-2004 06:01 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: The Story Continues.. where we last left off..))

Emptiness..

Cold embraces cloud his thoughts..

He awakes to the crisp quiet of a hospital ward.

Rising to a comfortable position, the bed restraints do not allow him to stretch his legs.

There are no restraints, he can not move anything below his waist. Loban is paralyzed, from the same poison that has kept him in and out of a comma for the better part of a year.

For all that matters, he imagines it's been much longer. For all that doesn't, he couldn't even tell you his name.

A spike runs down his spine, there is something wicked amongst the sterile background. A sudden sense, instinctively he feels the need to put as much distance between himself and the bed as possible.

A wheelchair 15 meters to his left gains his attention. Falling to the floor he blacks out.

He awakes, in what seems to be an escape pod forging through the vast emptiness of space, sitting in the wheel chair. Covered in someone else's, or many someone else's, blood.

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 199.174.54.17
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-15-2004 09:54 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Three days, four nights.

In an excape pod built for a few weeks survival, either it had not been supplied correctly or had recent use.

No food, no water. All the air and lifesupport to make a person comfortable for multiple weeks, originally designed for more than one occupant, it seemed.

That precious air was all Loban had in the cold blackness of space, less the wheelchair and dry blood stained clothes.

Logic, not logic but instinct to survive was at the forefront and backdoor of Loban's conscience mind.. what was left of it, running on will and empty on energy.

Though he could not remember what he ate for breakfast 4 days prior, he knew he was capable of devising and executing a plan to survive this improbable situation.

Ego was on his side, perhaps his largest flaw before his poison comma, it was now to determine his living or dying.

He knew he would not die alone, but surrounded by many.

The environmental controls..

Droping the core temperature should incase the inner windows with a sheet of ice when air is exhaled.. moisture turns to liquid when in contact with glass, which in turn is frozen..

Can a humanoid survive on condensation of carbon dioxide gasses into liquid form..

Loban was needing to figure that out the hard way.

No tools aboard the escape pod, many are needed to open the security panel to the automated environmental controls.

Staring at the panel, working his mind over and again to figure out how to dislodge the flat plate from the rest of the ship.. Loban blacks out.

Awaking to find himself shivering, nearly half a day gone by..

The windows a frosty white, an oasis among the stars.

[ 08-15-2004 09:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 199.174.54.61
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 08-17-2004 03:03 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There was nothing but sheer pandemonium as Loban Kenobi suddenly broke free from the medical wing in nothing short of a blind rage. As he did and finally managed to commandeer an escape pod, one of the crewmembers who had been trying to control Loban's rage lifted a commlink to his lips, blood streaming down his arm. "Security, this is RW441 reporting a stolen escape pod. Suspect is an occupant from the medical wing..."

He paused, hesitating, knowing just how insane his next words may sound to the recepient. "He ahhh...seems to have some paralysis but broke free using some extrasensory powers...something that looked very much like what a Dark Jedi might do."

Saying this, he sent the message. A long and nearly ominious moment ticked by, and then a head security office replied. "RW441, your report is received and being investigated immediately. Injury reports?"

"I have sustained minor injury," the man replied, eyeing his arm. "One possible fatality, and one seriously wounded."

"Do you need assistance?" cane the head security officer's query.

"Yes sir."

"?Ten-four. Assistance enroute. Head security out."

Sitting in head security, a dark haired and dark eyed man's eyes turned impossibly darker after receiving the panic call from one of the men on the Red Wing.

This was maddness. What was becoming of this ship? First there were reports of this creature...

...and now a crazed medical occupant breaking free, killing one and seriously injuring another?

He frowned, shaking his head even as he requested the medical wing staff to identify the missing patient. Finally, the report came in.

"Security, patient identified. One Loban Kenobi, last in the company of Galen Danner before he was brought to this ship after being poisoned by an unknown toxin."

The dark-eyed man reached out to the comm, punching the send button. "Thank you, medical wing."

Then he rubbed his chin, debating what to do.

Knowing already what his decision must be, he punched the familiar frequency of the Commander, then sending a transmission detailing the incident on the Red Wing. Once this was completed he sat back then, awaiting Commander Garrison's reply.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05