The Holonet Boards   » Empire and New Republic   » All the King's Horses

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-15-2003 07:57 PM    
(((OCC: Continues from It Can't Be Hopeless in this same forum.)))

Aaron hadn't said so much as a word once everyone had begun throwing out ideas concerning how to get into Coruscant and past the Reborn, and he certainly hadn't said anything when everything seemed to blow up into smoke after the young girl, who quite obviously was not in the here and now, went running off.

He cocked a rather skeptical brow at Jebbua, then his look darkened ever-the-slightest. "Well, first of all...

...there's no way we're gonna smuggle ourselves into Coruscant no matter who you know. And secondly," he continued, looking to Dash, "with the ysalamiri, it’d stand to reason that even a small force-bubble will attract attention, as your friend here as already pointed out."

He quieted for a moment then, his brows lowering just a bit. He didn’t want to admit it, but he was getting a little more than just irritated. Here they were trying to discuss ways to get to Galen’s baby daughter...

He turned to Jebbua. “Perhaps you should go and settle matters with your sister, if they were pressing enough to interrupt this conference...”

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-16-2003 09:15 AM    
I looked out the Captain.

"yes, perhaps your right. Then if you'll excuse me. And Dash I hope yopu'll fill me in later."

I left the room and went to my sister's room.
We had a lot to talk about.

[ 05-16-2003 09:15 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-16-2003 06:52 PM    
Jasyn lead Galen to a private dining area much like the one the others had gone to on Red Level. This one, however, was much more simplistic in its design, and was clearly intended to entertain about six small parties instead of one large one, as evidenced by the six small wood tables within. The buffets were already laden with food, and every so often a host would come to fill drink orders and plates. The room was designed large enough for the tables to be spaced well apart of each other, affording a good deal of privacy. Because of the hour, Jasyn and Galen found themselves the only diners, at least for the moment.

Jasyn lead Galen to one of the tables, admittedly relieved to get away from the big "meeting" himself. The host immediately approached the table as they sat, requesting drink orders.

Jasyn somehow managed to make himself order a very light ale instead of his costumary Whyrene's Reserve. Then the host turned to Galen as well, taking her request. Promising to be back in a moment he hurried off to fill the order, and Jasyn looked over towards Galen. "Been a while since I've been here," he observed quietly. Then, "But it's got some of the best food..."

...and alcohol, eh buddy? a shoulder-devil snorted.

"...I've had on this ship. You can order just about anything you can think of," he finished, then quieting and giving Galen some time to decide for herself what she wanted. In another minute or so, the host returned with the drinks, then turning first to Galen as he waited for her meal order.

[ 05-16-2003 06:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-16-2003 08:23 PM    
"Captain Barnes, you show greater wisdom than I do. You are certainly correct, even the smallest od Force reppelent bubbles will attract the attention of the Reborn. Unless..." I trailed off for a moment to think.

"Yes... Unless they think they are receiveing a shipment of Ysalmari. If we had a contact person on Coruscant who could 'order' a whole ship load of the little critters... Maybe we could get clearance to bring them in, and we could smuggle ourselves in with them."

I waited for someone to point out the flaws in my line of thinking.

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-16-2003 08:49 PM    
Aaron shook his head. "I highly doubt the Imperials would allow a large shipment of ysalamiri to any of their worlds, considering it would block the Reborns from performing their jobs efficiently. Not to mention the fact that ysalamiri of the common variety require continual sustenance on a particular tree only found on Mykyr, thus would require a nutrient frame. It's just too risky, too questionable, and aside from all that we lack any contacts on Coruscant."

He paused a moment, pursing his lips. "It's entirely too tight for us to smuggle our way in. Period. We're gonna have to be much more up-front."

Pausing again with that, Aaron placed his right elbow on the edge of the table, and placed his chin in his hand, his eyes defocusing a bit as he considered something. "Maybe we can request audience with Actar or Tarnus, claiming to have EE business we wish to discuss with them...

"...or just maybe we should simply request to speak with Tarnus about Galen's daughter, since technically he doesn't know we know he has Darra."

Aaron chewed his lip a bit. "But then there's the issue of getting the baby and getting back out should we succeed in getting in, and that may be where you'll be most needed.

Finally quieting at that, Aaron simply waited to see what the Jedi might comment or suggest.

[ 05-16-2003 08:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-16-2003 08:59 PM    
"Well, I'm not exactly sure what you want me to do. I've never really been the hero type. I've always sort of been the protaganist. But I'm willing to step up to the plate and give it my all. Even if it means giving up my life to save the mission. But I don't really think that is what you have in mind... Now is it?"

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-16-2003 09:14 PM    
I walked the halls untill I reached my sister's room. I knocked on the door and waited for her to answer.

"Alexis, its me Jebbua. We need to talk." I said.

"Go Away!" She replied.

I opened the door anyway and walked in.

"Listen. I'm sorry I didn't go right away and see why mother had died."

"Then why didn't you." She was still crying while she talked.

"I think you better tell me everything that happened." I said as I sat down on her bed.

[ 05-16-2003 09:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-16-2003 09:47 PM    
Aaron was about to reply to Dash's statements when something that had somehow been shifted to the back of his mind finally wormed its way through all the stuff to make its presence known. For even if they could get into Coruscant, there was no telling if they could get themselves back out. Unless...

Aaron's mind finally shifted back to Galen's suggestion back in his ready room. "Actually," Aaron commented at last, "It has finally come to my attention that there is another possibility which we discussed before your arrival in my ready room which might increase our success level in all areas."

He quieted a moment, trying to figure out exactly how he was going to work his way into what he was thinking.

Well, might as well just drop the ball and see how it lands.

"Tell me, what do you know of the Sith?" he queried suddenly. Then added for clarity, "And I'm not talking as in Palpatine, I'm talking about a race of beings..."

The room fell eeriely silent as Aaron just waited for whatever reaction Dash might have.

[ 05-16-2003 09:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-16-2003 10:05 PM    
I was quite puzzled by Aarons question.

"As far as I recall the Sith were a race of creatures who studies the Dark side of the force. They based thier lives on the Dark ways. As a young boy I was taken from my parents and placed in a training camp to learn the Dark side. But that is all just a painful memory now. That part of me is dead. I've seen the error of my ways and decided to walk the path of truth and Justice. To fight for the good of the universe and do all that I can for my friends. But as far as I can recall, the Sith have been extinct for at least two millenia. So I am quite puzzled as to why you would ask me about them?!?"

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-16-2003 10:29 PM    
From her perch on the cold, metallic ladder, Sullare was about at eye-level with the place where the resistor--now in her pocket--had once been. She closely examined the wires protruding from the wall, and, trying not to give in to mindless despair, forced herself to think.

Since she had eliminated the possibility of the resistor being implanted when the ship was made, then she could safely assume that the wiring must have been added with all the ship walls in place. This meant that whoever had done this must have had some way of leading the wire to wherever it was leading.

She leaned in more closely to inspect the wall. It was made up of metal panels, each about a meter square. These panels were bolted to what she imagined was probably some sort of frame. Now that she thought about it, it was possible for some sort of tunnel to be concealed behind one of these panels--there were similar tunnels throughout the ship, including the one she was currently occupying.

She found a multi-purpose tool on her toolbelt and used it to unscrew the bolts surrounding the panel that had contained the resistor. Once unbolted, it took a mere prying motion to remove the surprisingly light panel from the wall--revealing, as Sullare had expected, a tunnel.

Before examining the tunnel any further, however, she carried the panel the rest of the way down the ladder and set it down on the floor. Then she climbed the ladder once more and peered into the tunnel with her flashlight, noticing the wire that had originally been attatched to the resistor leading off into the distance.
Well, this is a start...

She climbed into the tunnel and began following it into the darkness.

Matt Stanza

posted 05-17-2003 06:53 PM    
Matt, who had been nothing yet except a quiet and keen observer of all that was being said finally had found a reason to break his silence with Dash's words.

"Ahh--" he started, drawing attention to himself as he did so, "It would appear you're going to need a lot of filling in."

Pausing for a moment then, Matt just studied Dash, his green eyes very intense. "First of all, the Sith--at least the Sith Aaron refers to--are a race of beings who existed 4 millenia ago. The Sith you speak of are darksiders who actually overran the Sith race and took the name "Sith" for themselves."

He pursed his lips a bit, quieting for a second before continuing further. "The Sith race are tall horned beings with red skin, multi-colored eyes, and claws; otherwise they are humanoid in appearance. And, to set the record straight, they do not study the darkside. Rather they have some sort of magickal powers. Some also have powers that seem to extend beyond the mere usage of the light or darkside of the Force; I'm not a Force adept, so that's as much as I can explain it."

Knowing this was going to be alot to take in, and knowing that there was something of much greater importance to speak of, Matt again quieted, allowing Dash a few minutes of silence to absorb everything. Meanwhile his intense green eyes defocused slightly as he considered exactly how to approach the next matters which would have to be addressed.

Bluntness was the only thing that seemed logical.

"The Sith--that is, the race--have alot of magickal technology that goes along with their magickal abilities, including a little fighter that is quite capable of penetrating the Coruscant blockade, thus the reason Aaron has mentioned it. Galen’s father was a archeologist who studied the race in depth; through their family journies from place to place Galen and her sister learned of them as well. Eventually Galen’s sister killed their father on one of their trips and proclaimed herself “Graysith,” becoming heavily involved in trying to bring the Sith into our time and gaining that power which extends beyond the Force herself in her “transformation.” Though Galen and her sister have been at odds--to say the least--since her father was killed, there have been times in the past when “Graysith” has helped us. Galen has posed the idea of going to the world where her sister resides and acquiring one of the aforementioned fighters, but this would require a carefully laid out plan, cause we can’t just go there and up and snatch one.”

He quieted one final time. Then, “We can’t because we aren’t entirely sure if Galen’s sister will be willing to help us again, and we can’t because the Sith world where we would find these fighters is now occupied...

...and it’s occupied by millions of those magickal Sith who were erradicated four-thousand years ago.”

[ 05-17-2003 07:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-18-2003 09:28 PM    
I crept slowly from the room, while Alexis slept. I headed back to the dining room to where Dash and the others were still discussing.

I thought back to what me and Alexis had talked about.

according to Alexis the kidnappers had tourted her or harassed her every day in their custody. And why she hadn't send messages to me as soon as she was captured made me think, but she told me she wanted to find out where they were going first. After that we discussed about our childhood and then when i came back from the bathroom I had found her asleep and decided to leave her so she could get some rest.

So I continued to head back to the dining room.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-19-2003 09:34 PM    
For some reason, the thought of millions of Sith, the race that is, sent shivers down my spine. I recollected my teenage years on that isolated planet where I learned the Dark ways of the Force, what I thought was the way of the SITH... Cruel and unmerciful practices were an everyday occurance. Needless slaughter, brutal punishment for disobediance, and those were the good days.

"I can't even imagine the havoc that could be released on the Empire if we pitted the SITH against the REBORN. Now All I need to do is come up with a plan that will accomplish this, without getting us involved. Because to be honest, I really don't want any more problems with either group."

I looked to the hall momentarily when I sensed Jebbua approaching.

"Do you think Galen could talk to this Graysith? See if she would be willing to help us out once again?" I said as I turned my attention back to Matt and Aaron.

[ 05-19-2003 10:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-19-2003 10:00 PM    
I walked through the doors and walked over to where Dash and the others were still talking.

"Well, me and my sister sorted out things and would it be ok if she stayed here while we help you?"

then looking at Dash I asked.

"So, what did I miss?"

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-19-2003 10:10 PM    
"Welcome back Master Jebbua. I'll just take a moment to fill you in if Aaron and Matt don't mind."

Captain Barnes simply nodded his head as if to say "Proceed". So I filled Jebbua in with all the details. From the distinction of the Dark Jedi and the Sith Race, to the Fact that Galen has a sister who is aphiliated with the Sith.

The food arrived, steaming hot, and smelling delicious!

"My compliments to the Chef. I've never smelled food this succulent before. But getting back on topic here... Matt, Aaron, Jebbua, what do you think about approaching this Graysith person?"

[ 05-19-2003 10:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-19-2003 10:26 PM    
"Well in my opinion, I don't really know her, so I wouldn't now what to do." I said as I sat down to eat.

"But I'm sure one of you two do and if you don't well then. We'll just have to think of a way." I said looking at Aaron and Matt. I took a bite of my food and then looked back at the two to see what they would say.

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-20-2003 06:38 AM    
Aaron pursed his lips thoughtfully, glancing over a moment to Matt, an unspoken question seeming to pass between them. Then, Aaron looked back in the direction of Dash and Jebbua. "Whether we approach Graysith or not is something that I think is up to Galen, and I think at that we've gone as far in this as we can til Galen and Jasyn are back with us.

"And by all means, Jebbua, your sister can stay on the Hornett during whatever we do. But again, I think we've reached that point where we've got some ideas, and it's up to Galen what she wants to do. So let's enjoy this meal, and then get some rest. We'll reconviene in the morning, if that will suit everyone. In the meantime, I must make a brief comm."

With that, Aaron got up and departed the room, taking his comm-link out and dialing a familiar frequency. "Hey Jasyn, just wanted to let you know what's up. Dash and Jebbua are up to date; we've discussed some ideas but we ended up pretty much where we were when Galen left. We're gonna reconviene in the morning after everyone gets some food and rest; let me know how things are on your end in the meantime."

He paused for a moment, then ended with, "And let me know if you found Galen and if she's allright. Let her know what's going on too.

"Have a nice evening, and give me a brief comm when you can.

"Barnes out."

[ 05-20-2003 06:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-20-2003 08:24 PM    
I nodded my head in agreement and finshed my meal in silence. When I was done I got up and turned to Dash.

"Well Dash I guess I see you in the morning." I said. i turned around and went out the door to head towards my room.

When I got to my room I fell ono the bed and instanlty fell into a deep sleep.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-20-2003 08:36 PM    
I savored every morsel of the feast that was laid before me. I was so taken with the food that I didn't speak a single word for the rest of the meal.

When I had finished I looked to Matt. "What time do you think we should resume this little get together?"

[ 05-20-2003 08:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-20-2003 10:23 PM    
Jasyn didn't know how long it'd been since he ate this good. He sat back a bit smiling in contentment after finishing the last bite of his nerfsteak...

...and caught the flash of his wristcomm.

"Might be Aaron," he said aloud, then pushing the accept button. And it was Aaron's voice across the frequency, filling him in on what was going on. After the message was over, Jasyn glanced to Galen, who was finishing up as well. "Well, I sounds like we're going to be ready to get down to the details of what we're planning on doing to get Darra back," he said, his brown eyes thoughtful even as he stood. Then, "Com'n," he continued, waving a hand, "I'll take you back to your quarters so you can get some rest.

And he did just that, taking Galen through the winding corridors of the Hornett and up the turbolift and through more winding passageways til at length they reached the quarters she had taken the last time she was aboard the Hornett.

"And should you need anything," Jasyn said as they approached, "Let me know. There should be a commlink in your quarters so you can get in contact with me or Aaron; one of us will give you a comm with more specifics on what time they plan to reconviene in the morning as soon as I get them.

"Get some sleep, if you can. And again, if you need anything...

...let me know. Goodnight."

Matt Stanza

posted 05-20-2003 10:28 PM    
Matt looked to Dash, pursing his lips thoughtfully. "That all depends probably on when Galen is ready, since the rest of this depends greatly on what she wants to do.

"Someone will go to your quarters and let you know, I'm just guessing but I'd assume sometiem mid-morning," he stated, standing.

"Now, go and get some rest...

...you're gonna need it..."

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-20-2003 10:34 PM    
"Thank you, and goodnight." I turned to exit the dining hall.

I was gettign really tired at this point, but there was still something I needed to take care of. I hurried on toward ALEXIS's room.

"Knock, knock" I said as I rapped lightly on the door. "Are you still awake? I'd like to talk to you if I could."

Alexis

posted 05-20-2003 10:41 PM    
Alexis slept softly and was woken by a knock on her door. She noticed her brother had left and had obivoulsy gone back to the dineing area to continue talking with the others. Alexis got out of bed and went to the door. She opened the door and there stood Dash.

"Oh, Hi Dash, how are you? Was there something you wanted to see me about?" She asked him. She stepped out of the way and offered him in to the quarters and offered him a seat. Sitting back on the Bed Alexis looked at Dash to see what he was going to say.

[ 05-20-2003 10:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Alexis ]

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-20-2003 11:02 PM    
What felt like half an hour later, Sullare was still in the tunnel, following the seemingly never-ending wire. Granted, she was crawling on hands and knees, but she had traveled a considerable distance since leaving the main engine room. How long can this tunnel be? she questioned silently, wondering where all the turns and curves in the lengthy tunnel had taken her.

Just as she was wondering if she would ever have to simply give up, she noticed it--the vague blackness ahead of her was begining to solidify into what appeared to be a metal panel just like the one she had entered at the other end, with the wire going through a hole in its center.

On closer inspection, however, the panel proved to be significantly different. On the left side, there were two hinges, meaning that the panel should swing inward. And, indeed, on the right side, there was a groove that could be used as a handle.

Sullare reached out and pulled the panel toward her, scooting backwards as she did so to get out of its way. As it opened, it revealed a small-ish, dimly-lit room lit only by an open door at one end.

The panel she had just opened was about a meter off the ground, so she jumped the distance and inspected the panel from the outside. It had an identical resistor concealed within it, and a small, very thin wire protruding from that resistor and snaking along the wall. It was cleverly disguised to be nearly invisible--there was no way Sullare would have ever noticed it had she not been looking for it.

With an effort, she traced the new wire along the intersection of ceiling and wall until it came down a half meter and discretely entered the gap between the door and frame of what appeared to be...

She looked more closely at the door. It didn't look like much more than a closet. She wiped away some dust off a metallic sign engraved: DROID STORAGE CLOSET

She blinked at it profusely, then stuck out a hand and tried the antiquated knob. It was firmly locked. She tried several of her tools, but all failed. She glanced at the wiring once again, reaffirming that it did indeed enter the closet.

She shrugged. Someone had to have the key... She should probably report to the captain and inform him of where the wire had taken her.

It was then that she looked around the room she was standing in. She walked over to the open door and looked out, feeling relieved by the bright lights shining in the corridor. She stepped outside and looked at the door to the room. It read:

DROID REPAIR

She looked inside the room again, looking for any traces of droid remains. There were none. The room was empty, save the closet at its far end. Must not be in use any more, she thought to herself. Wait... I know where this is... It must be the old mechanics wing that got merged with engineering. Droid repair is in the engineering wing, now... I think...

She followed the small corridor to a larger one, which she recognized as heading to engineering. Hmm... better go find Captain Barnes, she decided. He'll be able to find out what's in that closet.

With that thought in mind, she continued down the corridor in search of the captain.

[ 05-20-2003 11:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sularre Rynnll'tan ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-20-2003 11:03 PM    
The room was much like mine, small but roomy. I wouldn't want to reside in a room like this for very long, but it serves the purpose.

I sat down in the chair Alexis pointed too. This could get really awkward really quick. I don't wann seem like I'm brushing her off, but I know it is best for her to stay behind.

"I brought you some leftovers from dinner. I thought you might be hungry. You left in quite a hurry." I subconsiously fingered the Lightsaber that Alexis had lent to me. "Uhh, I hope you don't mind me borrowing this again."

Yet another awkward pause in the conversation. Why can't I ever just talk to her?!? "I'm just gonna come right out and say this...."

Alexis

posted 05-20-2003 11:09 PM    
"Thank you for the food. I am sorta hungry now." Alexis said.

Alexis went to the table and took a bite of the food. the turned back to Dash.

"What do you want to say?" She asked him.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-22-2003 07:42 AM    
I looked into Alexis's eyes, "I-I think that you should stay on the Hornett when we go to retreive Galen's daughter Darra. Things could get messy down on coruscant, and I wouldn't want you to get hurt. This Lightsaber you lent to me will give me the edge I need to be at my best, but I can't protect everyone all the time. I don't know how I would go on if I let anything happenm to you!"

I stood up and walked toward her. I took her hands into mine. I leaned in slowly closing my eyes...

Galen

posted 05-22-2003 03:23 PM    
I entered my quarters, letting a sigh escape from me even as the doors mimicked the sound in closing. For a moment I remained just inside, glancing in an admittedly half-interested manner to see what my quarters were like. My eyes widened a bit when I recognized the couch, the small doorway leading to the 'fresher, the neatly hung closet....

My lip trembled a bit as I headed to the bed and sat down upon the edge of it. It gave just the right amount, uttering the slightest of creaks beneath my weight. Somewhere deep inside myself I was actually surprised that so little noise was prompted; certainly the weight in my heart was enough to send the springs groaning in protest.

Grunting, I let myself flop backwards, and ran a hand through my hair.

Helmet hair... I always managed to get helmet hair, and how I hated it.... The image came wafting in from so long ago, so very, very far away. That unbidden thought was immediately followed by another, one of Terrin dressed incongruously in Sith robes, scowling in annoyance and embarrassment. And straightaway on the heels of that, the quiet image of the unconscious Loban, his electric blue eyes forever stilled.

I sat up abruptly and put my face in my hands. My teeth gritted so hard with the effort to keep those tears at bay that they squeaked; for a few moments I remained sitting on the edge of the bed, letting images of faces and places run willy-nilly through my head, shuddering to see that, with the exception of one sole individual, anyone I cared about seemed to end up in death... or worse.

Now I lifted my head and stared with unseeing eyes ahead of me, straight into those hideously laughing memories.

No more. This would not happen again; I would not risk the lives of others, not for me, not for me or even for Darra.

If I couldn't get her by myself, then... well, I'd cross that bridge when I came to it.

My mind was set. It seemed a great weight had lifted from my shoulders as I got to my feet, nodding to myself.

Three years ago I was on my own, searching for a certain One... well. Here we go again.

Then before I could let logic begin to lift its head in argument I donned my Sith flightsuit and belt, grabbed a couple blasters for backup, and without another backward look left Terrin's ... and mine! ...quarters and headed for the hangar bay. There wasn't really anyone of account in charge at this odd hour of the night; it didn't take me long to bully the young officer in charge into letting me enter Eagle and fire her up.

The hanger bay doors then opened, revealing the secretive stars without. With no further ado I headed out, determined to find my daughter on my own, or...

I shuddered again, letting that thought die a-borning, and arrowed off into hyperspace where I had always felt so free and able to think. I had a feeling I needed both characteristics in top-notch capability if I was going to succeed with what I was setting out to do.

That is, as soon as I figured out exactly what that was....

[ 05-22-2003 03:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Alexis

posted 05-22-2003 03:36 PM    
Alexis slowly placed her lips on to Dash's and held them there, feeling the passionate kiss going betwen them. Then she Jerked back fast.

"That was sudden." She said. "Maybe I shouldn't have done that."

Quilky rising from her chair she went to the bed and took a couple of deep breaths and thought.

What am I saying? He is so cute, but the question is do I really want to start a relationship right now, even though he is leaving? She thought.

Then quikly turning around she put her hands on Dash's face and pulled him to a deep kiss.

I guess so. She thought.

[ 05-22-2003 03:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Alexis ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-22-2003 07:25 PM    
Sparks flew, the second kiss was even better than the first.
What am I doing??? I'm probably leaving tomorrow, and I may never see her again...

I pulled back from the embrace and warm gentle kiss. "I'm sorry." I stammered. "I have to go." I turned abruptly and walked out the door. I didn't get very far though. I stopped a few feet down the hall.
You're blowing this Dash. Where are you going? You like her don't you? The questions kept running through my head.

Alexis

posted 05-22-2003 07:32 PM    
Alexis watched as he left the room and went to the door. he was probably thinking the same thing she was. She went over to Dash, who had stopped in the hallway.

"Dash, you're probably thinking the same thing I am, Will we ever see each other again? But trust your heart and your feelings and they will give you the answer." She said.

She kissed him on the lips and then slowly went back to her door and looked at him one more time before entering. She didn't shut the door though, she knew he would be back, so she just sat on the bed and waited.

[ 05-22-2003 07:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Alexis ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-22-2003 07:52 PM    
What are you waiting for you IDIOT?!? She came after you! You can't just walk away now! Get in there and let the chips fall where they may!

With a fresh resolve I strode back into Alexis's room. She started to speak, but was soon quieted as my lips touched hers once more. The door closed of it's own accord behind us.

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-22-2003 08:24 PM    
Aaron had no sooner finally dosed off into pleasant slumber when his commlink beeped in persistence, jarring him awake. Frowning a bit, he reached for the commlink in the dark, fumbling around a bit until he found it.

Just who was calling this time of night?!

"This is Captain Barnes," he spoke into the comm after finally finding it and turning the thing on. "I hope this is important..."

The voice of a disturbingly antsy young officer drifted across the comm. "Ummm, sir, this is Hanger Bay Security. It seems the Eagle has been taken..."

Aaron sat up, his eyes suddenly wide. "Say again?" he queried to the officer.

"The Eagle...

...it's been taken."

Aaron's frown became a touch darker. "Taken by who?"

"Well, the officer in the hanger bay at that time is relatively new, and didn't recognize her. But from the description of a short lady with red hair..."

"Damn," Aaron said quietly but with not just a bit of concern as he just knew who it had to be.

"Sir...?" the security officer queried.

"I'll take it from here," Aaron said, keeping calm so as not to worry the officer. "Thank you for letting me know about this, and keep an eye out should the Eagle return."

"Copy, sir. Hanger Bay Security out."

No sooner did that frequency snap to a close when Aaron dialed another. No answer...

Aaron gritted his teeth. "Dammit, Jasyn Lancaster, pick up..."

A few more tries, no answer. Aaron was about ready to go to his quarters and bang the door down when finally Jasyn picked up.

"This better be good," he growled over the line, his voice still clearly drowsy.

"Oh, I'm afraid it's anything but good," Aaron started, "Galen's taken the Eagle and gone..."

[ 05-22-2003 08:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-22-2003 08:46 PM    
Whatever remnants of sleep had been lingering instantly melted with Aaron's words. Before Jasyn knew it, he was on his feet, heading to get his jumpsuit back on. "Oh kriffing Hell," he replied across the comm. "You know where she's going..."

"Do we?" Aaron questioned hesitantly. "Maybe she's gotten an idea since we talked about the Sith fighter."

Jasyn pursed his lips a bit. "Maybe. But those sith-ships work like magic. If someone wanted to get through that Coruscant blockade alive...

"A sith fighter would undoubtedly be the way to do it."

Jasyn paused, thoughtful once more as something struck him. "Although...

"There may be a way to verify. Do we still have that tracking system?"

Aaron was quiet a moment. "Yes, we do," he replied. "But she's gotta establish orbit or land before we can find her. Unless she's in realspace..."

"...we have no signal," Jasyn said, completing Aaron's thoughts. "But we have ourselves a friendly host of Jedi..."

"They're on Red level, rooms R551, 553, and 555. Go see what they can do," Aaron stated. "And I'll see if we have any signal for the Eagle. Barnes out, for now."

Jasyn wasted no time as the frequency between he and Aaron fizzled. Quick on his feet, he was down the corridor and to the turbolift in a matter of a minute or so. In just another few minutes, he found himself on Red level, banging on a door to the room now occupied by Dash and Alexis.

"Come out, kriffing Jedi!" he growled under his breath when there wasn't an immediate answer. A few more seconds of no answer, and Jasyn had had enough.

He tried the door release, and it slid obligingly open, revealing Dash and Alexis in the middle of well...

...something. But Jasyn wasn't bashful in the least; at the moment, he really didn't care. He just locked eyes with a suprised Dash. "Well, Jedi, looks like the mission has been moved up. Galen's gone off on her own, and I hope like hell you can use those wonderful Force senses of yours to track her, cause we've gotta find her before she gets into trouble on her own..."

[ 05-22-2003 08:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-22-2003 09:01 PM    
IF my skin could change the colour of it's pigments I would be about as red as Tatooine's second sun. "AAAHHH!!! We aren't exactly descent here! I'll be out in a minute. Maybe you could get Master Jebbua while I get my gear on."

I looked to Alexis. "I have to go. You'll be safe here. And I'll come back! I promise." I kissed her one more time and got dressed.

I stumbled into the hallway glowing with delight. Grinning stupidly from ear to ear.

Alexis

posted 05-22-2003 09:12 PM    
AS soon as the door Alexis used the covers of her bed and coverd herself. She wacthed as Dash left and just as he left she shouted after him

"I love you."

She hoped she didn't regret saying those 3 little word now.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-22-2003 09:15 PM    
I poked my head into the doorway once more. "I know." were the only words I could muster up at the moment.

I was off down the hall in search of Jasyn and Jebbua.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-22-2003 09:30 PM    
Jasyn had nothing against two people being happy with one another, absolutely nothing. But the fact this Jedi person was so consumed with his own little love affair that he didn't seem to be the least be worried or in any hurry after the news he'd been given...

... that set Jasyn off. Scowling blackly even as Dash departed so nonchalantly to "get his gear," Jasyn whirled on his heel, headed down the corridor, stepping in front of the romance-stricken Dash. The sappy look on the guy's face was about all Jasyn could take. Before he was consciously aware what he was doing, he gave Dash a good right hook, sending him flailing into the bulkhead.

"Seeing as you don't seem to care too much about the fact that Galen is running off on her own to a Sith-inhabited world...

...I think I'll deal with this on my own. Like I need a damned Jedi to help me anyway."

Jasyn paused, his look never shifting. "If you want a shuttle, you'd best let the Captain know. I am outta here; I've got a friend who is heading for trouble, and I'm not waiting around while she gets into it."

With that, Jasyn whirled, not giving Dash so much as a second to reply before he was onto the turbolift and on his way to the hanger bay. As the turbolift descended, Jasyn opened a comm frequency. "Aaron, it's Jasyn. I don't think our Jedi friends are gonna be of any help; I need your permission to take the Raptor and do some searching on my own."

Aaron hesitated a moment, then. "Allright. But no way are you going on your own; Matt will be joining you in the hanger bay. I'd go myself, but you guys have the experience, and someone will need to hold down the fort here. Be careful, and keep in touch."

"Will do, and tell Matt to get a move on. Lancaster out."

[ 05-22-2003 09:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-22-2003 09:40 PM    
The punch sent me reeling back against the wall. The anger flared in my body. Hatred coursing through my veins. But I supressed those feelings. I was quick to recover my senses. Afer all, a friends life is more important than a punch in the face!!!

Using my Force enhanced speed, I pushed myself off of the wall and ran to the turbolift. Too late. The doors had already closed.Mr. Lancaster, I sent a mental message as I ran to Jebbua's room, hold on a second. Don't you dare leave me behind. I'll be in the hangar bay shortly. I have to collect Jebbua. if you can spare a few more seconds.

Let's go I yelled at Jebbua's door. We need to leave right now! Meet me in the main hangar. I gotta catch up with Jasyn."

I was off running to the main hangar. I just hope Jasyn waits for me!

[ 05-22-2003 09:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-22-2003 09:46 PM    
I woke up as I heard Dash yell and run by.

Whats going on? I thought.

I quikly dressed and ran out the door to the nearest Turbo lift and got in and wondered what was going on

Dash, Whats going on, What happened? I sent him a mental thought.

I have a bad feeling about this I thought to myself.

[ 05-22-2003 09:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-22-2003 09:57 PM    
Even as the turbolift stopped and Jasyn stepped from it into the corridor which lead to the hanger bay, he heard Dash's voice...

...in his head.

Don't you dare leave me behind...

Jasyn's scowl darkened, and he began skulking for the Raptor as a pair of hurried footsteps came from behind him. Jasyn glanced to the side for but a moment to see Matt join him, then turned his eyes forward again as he headed onward to the Raptor.

As he lowered the hatch and stepped inside, he muttered irritably to himself. "I have got to get my own ship..."

Then he headed for the cabin and quickly warmed the systems. Matt sat in the copilot's seat beside him. "You're piloting?" he queried, trying to lighten the situation, if only a little.

"Sure as kriffing hell I am..." he replied, satisfied then that the ship was warmed up enough to go to space. He requested clearance, got it fairly quickly, and blasted off to the skies. When he'd cleared the Hornett's gravity well, Jasyn punched in some coordinates into the navcomputer...

...coordinates that were beginning to become extremely familiar.

He turned just enough to eye Matt across the way. "Well," he said then, reaching for the hyperspace lever. "Here we go again..."

In moments, they had faded into the security of hyperspace...

[ 05-22-2003 09:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-22-2003 10:05 PM    
I arrived in the main hangar to see a ship departing.
You bastard! I'll catch up to you! And when I do..... I mentally sent to Jasyn.

I went over to the flight officer on duty. "I need a ship and clearance now. I have to catch up to Jasyn. And we are in a really big hurry. So comm your supervisor and have him comm Captain Barnes. Tell him that Dash and Jebbua need to borrow a ship. And hurry it up."

Just as I finished giving orders to the deck officer, Jebbua ran into the hangar.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-22-2003 10:10 PM    
"A ship? Dash's whats going on around here? Please fill me in, I would like to know. Why did they leave in the fisrt place? And why are we in such a hurry?" I looked at him hoping he had a good explaination.

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-22-2003 10:16 PM    
Sullare made her way back to continue her search for Captain Barnes--or anyone who would know where he was, for that matter.

After several minutes of lost confusion, she finally remembered her way back to his office. She stood in front of the door for a moment, wondering if it would be an appropriate time to knock.

Galen

posted 05-22-2003 10:27 PM    
((OOC: Follow me into Point of No Return in the "Sith Temple/Jedi Praxeum" forums, thank you.))

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-23-2003 06:39 AM    
As the Raptor made her final steps into hyperspace, Dash's final words managed to drift into Jasyn's brain. His look darkened impossibly even as the starlines of hyperspace began to make their presence known.

A threat, from a Jedi? Now, what was wrong with this picture...?

"You okay?" Matt asked across the way.

Jasyn shook his head. "No, we need to make a quick communication before we go any further. Something about our Jedi pal Dash doesn't seem entirely Jedi-like."

With that, Jasyn reached for the hyperspace lever, momentarily reverting. Then he dialed a secure frequency straight to Aaron's comm.

"Just a warning, Captain," he said. "I've received a ahhh...

...mental threat from our buddy Dash Kelderon. My leaving without him apparently set him off a little more than is appropriate for a typical Jedi; I'd suggest you get some security to the Hanger bay, where he is headed if not there already. Watch your back. Lancaster out."

Then, with nothing further, Jasyn reached for the hyperspace controls, pulled the lever, and they were off into hyperspace once more...

(((OCC: Follow Jasyn and Matt to Point of No Return in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple forum.)))

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-23-2003 04:28 PM    
Aaron frowned as his comm-link began to beep, indicating something incoming.

What now...?

Sighing a bit then, thoroughly worried and thoroughly apprehensive Aaron pushed the accept button, and Jasyn's message came wafting into his ears.

Aaron's frown darkened a touch more.

Well, isn't this just dandy? You call a guy an ally and a few hours later he becomes a foe...

Aaron turned to a communications officer. "I want two full squads of security in the main hangar bay, immediately."

"I'm on it, Captain," came the instantaneous response, as the comm officer went right to work.

"And have them report everything that happens," Aaron added.

The comm officer merely saluted, too focused on his work to reply verbally at the moment. After a few moments, he looked up. "Order sent and received, sir. They are enroute..."

Terrin's Crew

posted 05-23-2003 04:41 PM    
The deck officer...

...a very experienced deck officer at that...

...merely rose an eyebrow at Dash for the longest moment, assessing him as he did so. At length he finally spoke, his voice even and utterly unimpressed. "And you are...?"

And that was all the officer said. For he knew that all of the ships in the hangar bay were locked up, so this fella wasn't getting anywhere...

...especially not with threats.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-23-2003 05:33 PM    
"Dash, you threatened him? Are you insane? We could get kicked off the ship, Tell him you didn't mean it, or something before he calls for...Back up." My voice faded as I sensed something heading towrads us.

"Dash, if we get kicked of the ship it is all your fault. One of these days you'll learn to control your anger." I said as I readied myself for the people. I was just going to do anything they said, i wasn't in the mood for fighting, because I still wanted to help these people.

[ 05-23-2003 05:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Terrin's Crew

posted 05-23-2003 06:06 PM    
As security began arriving to surround the little party, the deck officer's brow rose impossibly further as he then turned to Jebbua. "Well, now that I know his name," the deck officer said, pointing to Dash, "Who exactly are you? Seems you boys have managed to gain someone's attention, and not for the better."

The deck officer turned then to Dash, almost looking bemused as security closed in a bit more. "Now tell me who is giving orders around here..."

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-24-2003 05:48 AM    
My head throbbed from the surprisingly strong sucker-punch that Jasyn had delivered to the side of my face. Until now I hadn't noticed that my left eye was swelling up and closing. I saw a tinge of red clouding my vision. I reached up to feel my face where the blow had landed. as I suspected it felt warm and wet. I pulled my hand away to look at it, sure enough, it was covered with blood.

"Yes, I can see how there might be some confusion surrounding my situation here."

I eyed the small corwd of people surrounding Jebbua and I. "You see, Jasyn barged into my quarters while I was in a... Well, lets just say a compromising position. I didn't say anything to him about that. But then he proceeded to punch me, totally unprovoked, in the face while we were in the hall. He spead off babbleing about how he felt that I didn't care what was going on with my so called friend Galen Danner."

I again surveyed the crew surrounding me. They seemed quite interested in what I was saying, but equal was thier resolve to subdue me, with force if necessary. I continued. "As he entered the Turbolift I sent him a mental message that I would be right behind him, and to please wait a few seconds for me. When I reached the hangar here my eyes were assaulted with a view of Jasyn leaving in the Raptor with me stranded here. I again sent him a mental message stating that I would catch up to him in another ship, and that when I did we would have words! But alas I feel that the range on my 'mental messaging' is not quite up to par as far as JEDI MASTERS are concerned and I fear that my last message was sent just as Jasyn was going out of range."

I sent Jebbua a mental message then. Look at my face. Are you gonan beleive Jasyn or me?

I stood as straight as I could and looked the deck officer in the eyes. "Now will please lend me a ship and give me clearance to leave. A friends life is in danger!"

[ 05-24-2003 08:10 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-24-2003 08:20 AM    
I slowly stepped away from Dash towards the crew.

"Part of me wants to believe you Dash, but you can't threaten a guy and except to get a ship, when he could call for back up at any time, which he did. Use your brain Dash." I said.

I turned to look at the deck offcier.

"If I could, I would like to speak with Captain Barnes as soon as possible." I said and looked back at Dash while waiting for a reply.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-24-2003 08:33 AM    
I was completely puzzled by Jebbua's words. "What threat? I never threatened anyone. I simply requested a ship and clearance from the deck officer here."

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-24-2003 09:52 AM    
It was then that I felt a tremor in the force. Something really bad was happening to Galen, Jasyn, and.... Matt? I had failed to sense Matt on the Raptor. But I knw now that they were all in deep trouble. More than I was at the moment.

I shuddered. "Jebbua, do you feel that? Galen and the others are in trouble. We need to leave right now!"

I looked again to the Deck officer. "Look, we can sort this whole misunderstanding out later, I need to get to my friends and help them. They are in grave danger! I only hope that we haven't been delayed too long already."

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-24-2003 04:12 PM    
Aaron, who had been extremely concerned with the things going on in the Hornett's main hangar bay, had departed the main deck some time ago to survey the situation himself. He'd been standing somewhere in the far corner of the hangar bay for some time, listening to and watching all that was occurring, not ready to step forward til this particular moment. Stepping out of the shadows of some of the ships, his look very smooth and unreadable, he walked into the crowd of security men, his eyes only for Dash Kelderon. "The delay has been caused by your own foolish actions, my friend," he stated succintly. "I believe you misunderstand Mr. Lancaster's actions; he is quite loyal to friends and highly reactive. I have no doubt he somehow felt that you weren't reactive enough about the possible danger your...

...ah, how did you put it...?

... so called friend Galen Danner might be heading for. And now you are going to tell me that they all are in danger, and imply that you must leave immediately to belay further harm to any of them? Well, my friend, if you had wished to belay danger you would have considered your...

...approach to the situation from the very beginning. You would think a Jedi would have been easily aware of Mr. Lancaster's obvious hesitation to Jedi, and therefore more careful in your approach to him; apparently, you weren't. I don't know what exactly set Jasyn off...

...but I do know he interpreted what you mentally said to him as a threat. With this in mind, I highly doubt you asked him to 'please wait a few moments for you.' So I ask you...

...who should I trust? The man I've had as a crewmember and friend for years...

...or you?"

Aaron paused then, his look finally shifting ever-so-slightly...

...and darkening. At length he spoke up one final time. "You are granted your leave of us; all of you. I have an old-model lambda class shuttle I have little use for; it is yours to take. So I'd suggest you be on your way, right now."

With that he approached the leader of the security squadron, handing him a datacard with the landing platform number of the little lamby he had mentioned. "Take Mr. Kelderon and Mr. Dahutt to the ship and allow them clearance. Send an escort to retrieve Miss Dahutt from her quarters to here as well."

Then he stepped back, eyeing Dash and Jebbua one final time. "Some allies, I would have liked. But allies I don't feel I can even trust fall in the category of not wanted."

With that Aaron stepped back, allowing security to begin leading Dash and Jebbua to their ship and the escorts to go retrieve Alexis as they had been ordered.

[ 05-24-2003 04:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-24-2003 05:07 PM    
Where had I seen this before? Being escorted off of a ship. At least I wasn't disarmed this time. I held my ground for a moment to have one last say in the matter.

"Captain Barnes, please beleive that if I intended any harm to Mr. Lancaster, he would be in the med center right now! I do not wish to leave this ship as an enemy, as I have done nothing to you or any of your crew to warrant that title. As you have stated, Jasyn is not overly fond of Jedi. And I certainly cannot help who and what I am. But put in your shoes, honorable Captain, I wouldn't beleive my side of the story over a long time friends either."

I looked at Captain Barnes with a new resolve. "I will prove my intentions honorable! I will rescue Galen, Matt, and even Jasyn, despite his unfair treatment of me. I may not be able to return to your ship, but I will deliver our friends back to you in one piece!"

With that I entered the ship that Captain Barnes so graciously provided for us. I waited a few moments for ALEXIS to be boarded. I mentally searched for the group. I sensed them on a distant planet. I punched in the approximate co-ordinates, and began to pilot out of the hangar and off of the Hornett. Hopefully not for the last time. I sent one last mental message to Captain Barnes before pulling the hyperspace lever. I again give you my word! I will return them to you!

(((OOC: Please follow Dash, Jebbua, and Alexis to Point of No Return in the JEDI PRAXEUM/SITH TEMPLE forums. Hopefully somewhere near Galen's crew. Thank You...)))

[ 05-24-2003 09:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Za'in Almar

posted 08-02-2003 03:55 PM    
Za'in had just got done with his last assignment on the Eagle Enterprise. He had gotten sick of working with astromech droids and people who were limited to this selling ship and had to head to the stars. His first objective when he left would have to be to find some leads to his father's past.

The last thing he got from his mother about the Jedi Praxuem during his fathers reign was that he had his last mission on Kamino, so that seemed to be the best place to start. Maybe he could draw some information from the citizens that may have encountered him and find out exactly why his father left the Praxuem.

Exiting the lounging quarters, giving one of the Twi'lek dancers a suggestive wink as he headed down the hall. Entering the docking bay, he searched for his ships lounge. Finally finding it, he put in the code to open the Eagle's door. When he entered into his old home, he quickly set off to the cockpit. Sitting down in the seat that gave him so much joy in the past. Rubbing his fuzzy chin as he used to do in tight situations, trying to reminisce his days amougnst the stars.

Satisified, he grabbed the nav. board com. unit and alerted the dock bay control center of his exit. Clicking the panel to activate the replusorlift engines, he readied himself for the opening of the energy bolted door that lead into space.

When they opened he jetted out like an old X-wing, heading into the far reaches of the stars. Heading toward the closest detected hyperspace lane, that would direct him to the closest planet to Kamino. Opening the gates of hyperspace, he set down the lane. He watched as the stars became runaways from his Eagle's speed. Like mice they cowared from it's existence, running in the opposite direction that the Eagle flew.

((OOC: Off to A Needle in a Haystack in the Complete SW Forum, where Za'in will begin his quest for his father's past and an understanding of his own existence.))

[ 08-02-2003 04:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Za'in Almar ]

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-11-2004 02:39 AM    
Aaron Barnes had been working busily at his desk, trying to drown himself in his work and forget the fact that several of his close commrades--

--his business partner, his assistant, and even an employee of his--

--had simply fallen into nonexistence. He tried to console himself with the thought that he at least knew what had happened to Terrin...

...but the last he'd heard from Matt and Jasyn, things were pretty strange with them. He wondered if they had ever actually succeeded in finding Galen...

A beep from his commlink jarred Aaron Barnes from such thoughts. Quickly he punched the "accept" button. "Captain," came a voice across the frequency. "Jedi Shawn Petrolu wishes to make contact with you from the Stargazer. Something about his sister selling Stargazer Coorporation to you."

Aaron frowned.

Ok, this was odd...

"Allright, patch him through to my holo frequency," Aaron responded. "Sounds like he is a little out of the loop these days..."

(((OCC: Look in Where the Clouds Open in the CSWU to see what Aaron and Shawn discuss...)))

Agent Korsair

posted 05-14-2004 11:59 PM    
(((OOC: Kirin enters from The Start of an Empire, though that was a while ago...)))

The door was shadowed by a figure in a dark trenchcoat, long dark hair flowing down their back.

Kirin knocked at the door, waiting for a reply, looking down towards her dark boots, made of rancor hide, as silent as death. She could hear what sounded like voices inside, Hopefully the target will be in there, otherwise, it will be another lead I will have to follow. But if I can find them there, my search will be over.

Indeed it had been difficult to infiltrate the Hornet, as she had needed to insert that power draining unit, and "retire" a new employee.

If dead people had started showing up, they would have checked the new arrivals and would have noticed someone was different through the Holocams.

Hence the installed energy draining unit.

But the plan had gone well, and soon this hunt will end.

Kirin was pleased at the thought, this one was a long search, one that had a large payday at the end of it.

Kirin looked into her cloak, looking at the customised pistol she had always carried since the day's back at ISB.

This pistol was different from all others, as it held eight shots of paralyzing toxins, the kind that left you feeling as though a star destroyer had landed on you, it also had the added benefit of removing any "force" connections while it was in effect.

The only downside was the fact that these costed five grand each, and even though she had all the money she needed, it was a hassle to hunt down those who may possess the toxin and relieve them of it.

The other problem was the fact that she needed to send 95% of the catch back home, My sisters need it more than me.

[ 05-16-2004 05:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Agent Korsair ]

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-16-2004 09:16 PM    
"Make sure that we are prepared for Shawn Petrolu's arrival," Aaron had been saying over the commlink when a knock came at his office door, "His ETA is about 12 hours and he will be in a small frieghter called the Nighthawk. Also prepare some guest quarters for him; I'm uncertain as to the length of his stay but I want to be certain we are ready for either instance."

Quieting at this, he waited for a response from the other end of the frequency. "Your orders will be executed in short order, Captain Barnes. We will let you know as soon as Petrolu arrives."

"Very good," Aaron replied. "Also alert the main deck I will be arriving shortly for inspection purposes. Barnes out."

Closing off the communit at that, Aaron couldn't help the barest of devilish grins. Nothing like a little suprise inspection to keep everyone on their toes...

Then with a jerk his attention was drawn back to the door even as another insistent knock was placed upon it.

Strange, Aaron couldn't help but think at that, I haven't called for anyone to report to me, nor has anyone requested an appointment...

He flicked another communit at this, one which would allow him to speak to whomever was outside the door. "Please identify yourself," he requested, falling silent then as he waited for a reply.

[ 05-16-2004 09:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Agent Korsair

posted 05-16-2004 11:31 PM    
"Engineer Stayus, requesting permission to speak with you sir." Kirin said, reaching into the folds of her cloak to retrieve an Electronic Lockbreaker.

She awaited his reply as she planted it onto the access pannel next to the door, also grasping her pistol with her other hand, hidden under the cloak, pointing it at the door.

She activated the lockbreaker and it began it's silent decoding process as she stood, waiting.

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-17-2004 02:17 AM    
It only took a matter of seconds for Aaron to verify there was such a person aboard the Hornett.

"Very well," Aaron replied through the communit once more, reaching for the switch on his desk that would open the door to his office with only a touch. "Enter."

Terrin's Crew

posted 05-17-2004 02:27 AM    
"I'm picking up some sort of unspecified security breech on Green Level," one of the monitoring crewmen in the Hornett's Security Control center said, looking up in the direction of his commanding officer.

The commanding officer frowned. "Unspecified?" he question rhetorically, arching an eyebrow as he did so. "Narrow down the location of the breech. Meanwhile I want to send a squad there. Could be nothing...

...but I don't want to take the risk. Green Level is where the Captain's office and ready room are located."

The crewman replied with "Yes sir, I'm on it."

The commanding officer nodded. Then he turned to yet another crewman on deck. "Daniels?"

The crewman turned to his station, punching a few keys in. In moments he nodded once, satisfied with the results of his work. He looked back to the commanding officer. "Squad is enroute, sir."

Agent Korsair

posted 05-17-2004 02:53 AM    
As the door slid open, Kirin raised the pistol.

"Hands in the air, move and you will regret it." Kirin said, "Close the door, and lock it."

As Kirin kept her weapon trained on Barnes, she pulled out a strip of putty-like substance.

"Detonite, highly unstable." She said, laying a strip of it on the frame above the doorway.

"Now, I only have one question for you, where is Alexis?"

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-17-2004 03:13 AM    
Aaron was no idiot. Moving as little as possible, he simply activated the control to lock the door and rose his hands in the air as requested. He knew it would only be a matter of time before he was missed on deck; his only concern was as to what his crewmen might do if they came after him and found his door locked and no signs of him given he was not given permission to reply. That detonite would cause quite an explosion...

...but the magic question was, who the hell was Alexis.

"Alexis?" he queried, his look clearly evidencing that he was trying to remember if he'd even come across anyone by that name lately, "Alexis who?"

Agent Korsair

posted 05-17-2004 03:21 AM    
"Let me jog your memory, I believe you know Jebbua Dahutt, that would be his sister. Now, she stayed on this ship a while back, where did she go?" Kirin said this as she planted the motion triggered detonator onto the detonite.

After she had finished, she moved towards Barnes, "My ammunition won't kill you, though it will feel like it is. Those shots are green. I don't feel like changing the shots to red, those will kill you."

"Now, you will tell me where she is, or I will be forced to use what I learned a long time ago to pursuade you to tell me. The ISB doesn't spare pain."

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-17-2004 03:32 AM    
Ahhhh yes. The Dehutt guy who was with that Dash Kelderon that Jasyn didn't like. Aaron couldn't be certain where they had all gone when he'd asked them to leave the Hornett, but considering they were all going after Galen who they thought might have been heading off after a Sith fighter herself, he had a good idea...

"She's no longer on this ship," Aaron answered honestly. "She left with her brother sometime ago on a lambda class shuttle; I do not know their next destination but I suspect it may have been a twin set of planets out in the unknown region."

Falling silent at this, Aaron waited to see what was going to happen next, praying that someone would figure out that something was going on...

...and something to do about it.

Terrin's Crew

posted 05-17-2004 03:36 AM    
"I've tracked the breech to the Captain's office," the monitoring crewman at last announced. "It has, however, resolved itself."

The commanding officer frowned once again. Something about this seemed entirely wrong, so he turned to Daniels. "Notify the squad on Green Level to approach the Captain's office, but keep a safe distance for now. Something's funny about all this; I think I'll check on the Captain myself."

Turning to his control board then, the commanding officer keyed in the frequency to Barnes's office. "Captain," he then said into the communit. "We are detecting a security breech near your office. Is everything allright?"

Agent Korsair

posted 05-17-2004 03:38 AM    
Kirin was about to reply when the tracking beacon bleeped in her ear.

"It seems your crew is quicker than I expected, alright, but as I am not the trusting sort..."

She fiddled with the weapon for a moment, then fired. A purple splatter shot into his chest, and began pumping it's contents into the man.

"That shot is purple, and with it in your viens, you will die in 14 days, give or take a few hours. I will give you the antidote if I have Alexis in my possession before that time. You should hope to whatever you believe in, that she is there."

I am leaving now, alert your crew not to shoot at me, or attempt to hinder my withdrawl, I do not have the antidote with me, and to kill me is to kill yourself. I bid you goodbye, and hope that I need to give you the antidote."

She quickly removed the detonite from the doorway, and slipped out into the hall, moving away from the pounding footsteps that drew ever closer.

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-18-2004 02:15 AM    
Stunned and suddenly feeling very woozy, Aaron stumbled back at first, seeing stars in his line of sight. With effort, he managed to pull himself up to his desk and hit the comm-reply button.

"Do not fire on the woman in the black trenchcoat who is leaving my office," he said, "Reapeat do not fire. Do not disrupt her progress and allow her exit from the Hornett..."

He trailed at this, his head throbbing, "And get a medical team to my office...

...I've been shot..."

...and with gods know what, came the silent and bleak finale to his words.

Agent Korsair

posted 05-18-2004 02:48 AM    
Excellent, they are coorporating. Kirin thought as she slipped down towards an airlock she had located earlier, to make her escape.

As she moved along, she grabbed her slave circut controller, summoning her pride and glory, the Shadow's Fang.

She finally arrived at the specified airlock. Ships outside, time for the transfer cacoon.

The transfer cacoon was an old technique used by the ISB back in the old day's for quick ship transfers. If the airlock and the transfer ships airlocks opened at the same time, the air being sucked out would create a momentary shell of survivable atmosphere.
3... 2... 1... GO!

Kirin was shot out of the airlock and into the void, being propelled towards the open entry bay of her Shadow's Fang.
Only a few more seconds...

She felt the cool touch of the void begin to close in on her, then...

YES! She was inside the safety of her ship, and she quickly sealed the bay, and sent the command for it to begin pumping air.

Kirin gasped for air as the bay closed and air filled it, her lungs burning as they expanded.

Now, to the location Alexis was last thought of to be seen...

Agent Korsair

posted 05-20-2004 02:59 AM    
(((OOC: Follow Kirin in her hunt to, Minds Like a Seive )))

[ 05-20-2004 02:59 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Agent Korsair ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 05-23-2004 09:30 PM    
(((OCC: Shawn enters from Where the Clouds Open in the CSWU.)))

Even as the Nighthawk reverted to realspace before the Superstar Destroyer Hornett, Shawn couldn't help but note a strange tendril of unease when he opened himself up to the Force. He hesitated the barest of moments...

...then reached out to the commlink, opening a general frequency. "This is Shawn Petrolu, requesting permission to dock."

The reply came almost instantaneously and perhaps a bit too crisply.

"The Captain has informed us of your arrival and we have prepared a landing area for you. Proceed into the main hangar and you will be directed from there."

Shawn frowned. The Captain? Aaron had said nothing about Terrin being here...in fact, from the way Barnes looked it seemed that things were rather the opposite...

"Ten-four," he replied to the probable deck officer. "I'm making my approach."

Once the Nighthawk was berthed and its engines were cooling, Shawn wasted no time in getting to the party which awaited him...

...a party which strangely consisted of nothing but EE crew, no captain in sight...

...not even Barnes. This strangeness was addressed immediately.

"Jedi Petrolu, I'm afraid Captain Barnes has fallen ill. A bounty hunter managed to stealth her way onto the Hornett and has shot the Captain with a slow-acting lethal toxin. We know there is an antidote, and we are searching for it now that we have analyzed the toxin in his blood. Still, the search is coming along slowly. We were hoping that perhaps you could help him."

Shawn nodded in response to all this, taking it all in before replying verbally. Captain Barnes? Bounty hunter?

Then, "Please, take me to him at once. I will do whatever I can to help..."

[ 05-23-2004 09:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 05-23-2004 10:41 PM    
Shawn turned from the sickbed where Aaron lay, fevered but resting, looking up into the eyes of the Taylor Garrison. The young man remained calm, but Shawn didn't miss the twinges of hope radiating from him.

"I think I can at least stabilize the toxin from spreading further," Shawn opened with, "But I don't know if I can reverse the effects it has already caused. My suggestion to you is that you find that antidote...

...however you can. Otherwise it may be quite some time before Captain Barnes is functional again, let alone completely recovered. I will remain with the Captain and continue whatever healing I can on him for the time being, and will notify you if there is any change. I know it isn't much...

...but unfortunately it's all I have to offer for right now."

Terrin's Crew

posted 05-23-2004 11:16 PM    
Garrison nodded. Then, "Thank you Jedi Petrolu. I'll see to it that the antidote is found, at whatever cost it takes. This company has already suffered enough loss."

Shawn didn't ask what Taylor meant, but simply nodded, something resembling concern radiating from his eyes.

"I will be in my office if you should need me," Garrison then continued, "I pray that you will not call without good news. Now...

...I believe I have an urgent proposition to compose. I'll be in contact, soon."

Nodding to the Jedi then, Taylor left him to his work, heading then for his office where he immediately began a formal notice which he would post on the Holonet, hoping that in due course an acceptable response would result. It read as follows:

Needed: Antidote to the Mandolorian Temblor toxin. Contact is willing to pay large 40,000 credits for fullfillment of request and may also be willing to negotiate. Response is needed immediately, contact Taylor Garrison at frequency 06071979.

[ 05-23-2004 11:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

Minna Manth

posted 05-23-2004 11:34 PM    
((OOC: Minna comes in from Shattered Green thread in the “CSWU” forums, thank you.))

Needed: Antidote to the Mandolorian Temblor toxin. Contact is willing to pay large 40,000 credits for fullfillment of request and may also be willing to negotiate. Response is needed immediately, contact Taylor Garrison at frequency 06071979….

Minna Manth gaped. She had been wandering the spacelanes for some time now, finding life on Tatooine too boring for her liking, yet finding the quiet of space far too frightening to endure alone.

For it was into that quiet that shadows of the past were able to creep… shadows bearing horns and skin of fire, and eyes the colors of the suns, and powers…

Oh, the powers….

Thus she had compromised, keeping her communication grid open to anything incoming from anywhere, if only to provide a soothing white noise to chase those shadows away. But into that background buzz of this transmission and that had suddenly come something surprising.

Something – substantial….

She leaned forward, perking up her ears, and flicked open a comm.-link, dialed it to the frequency listed in that unknown plea for help.

“This is Heaven’s Forbiddance, I receive you, and believe I may be of assistance.”

With that she fell silent as she waited for a reply, the image of all the wonderful upgrades she could put on Forbiddance with that kind of money dancing in front of her eyes.

[ 05-23-2004 11:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Terrin's Crew

posted 05-23-2004 11:55 PM    
Taylor nearly jumped as his commlink chirped, so absorbed had he been in getting his plea across the Holonet. Little did he know, until he pressed the accept button, just how fast news could travel...

"I read you Heaven's Forbiddance, this is Taylor Garrison of Eagle Enterprises. Please elaborate on what you may know or be able to find out concerning the toxin, and what your conditions may be as well..."

Minna Manth

posted 05-24-2004 12:13 AM    
Minna fidgeted, chewing on the inside of her cheek and wishing mightily she hadn’t finished off her supply of that wonderfully fiery blue drink she had procured during her brief tenure on Sullust.

I wonder what that stuff was?

She shook her head, then cocked it to one side.

Eagle Enterprises, this is Forbiddance; suffice it to say that I prefer to keep my sources… quiet. But, knowing something of the effects of the Mandalorian Temblor toxin, I do know that not many people are able to deal with it; not only that, but those who would even recognize it by name are few and far between as well.

“Suffice it to say that by recognizing this toxin by name, I know enough for your purposes. I also know you have at the most, oh-hh… I’d say about two weeks before the reason behind this plea is no longer among the living.

She paused again, chewed her lip. Then she leaned forward, speaking directly into her mike.

Give me coordinates where I can meet with you, or a place of safe harbor of your choosing, and we can speak further. But again, I must remind you, you do not have much time remaining.

“There comes a point in a being’s life when he or she cannot operate on known facts, but on trust alone. You must trust that I know of this toxin, and that I have… sources available to me where I might obtain its antidote.”

She trailed a moment longer, her mouth working in silence as if still considering something else to say. Then she shrugged and sent the message winging through the spacelanes on the tight little frequency that connected her to the unseen and unlocated flagship.

[ 05-24-2004 12:15 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

Terrin's Crew

posted 05-24-2004 12:30 AM    
Somehow, Taylor had known this was probably coming, and was fully prepared to do as he contact was requesting...

...however he made certain his frequency was secure before he replied any further.

I am currently aboard the Superstar Destroyer Hornett. Depending upon your location, it may be quicker that you meet me here; currently we are positioned on the outskirts of Endor. I will provide coordinates if this is an acceptable meeting place.

Minna Manth

posted 05-24-2004 12:44 AM    
Minna nodded to herself in satisfaction.

"Hornett, this is Forbiddance. Your current position provides an acceptable rendezvous; I can be in Endor space in forty-six standard hours."

She raised a hand as if the unseen person on the other end could actually see it.

"Trust me in that I will still have time to procure the antidote for you; I shall depart my position the moment you transmit your coordinates.

"This is Forbiddance, out."

[ 05-24-2004 12:46 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

Terrin's Crew

posted 05-24-2004 03:20 AM    
Trust was such a difficult thing when it came to trusting a stranger...

...but Taylor knew that he must. After all, what choices and options was he left with? And how could he truly judge this person's honesty unless he gave her an instance to show it?

"Our coordinates will follow this final message I send to you. The Hornett's crew will be informed of and awaiting your arrival; feel free to contact me if it becomes necessary that you do so before you arrive. Hornett out.

Before closing the comm connection, Taylor delivered the expected coordinates. Then he simply sat back a moment, praying to whatever gods that would listen that these dealings would indeed bear good fruit.

[ 05-24-2004 03:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-25-2004 12:05 AM    
(((OOC: From "Minds like of Seive" in the CSWU forum. Thank you.)))

I hate hyperspace. I always have and always will. Why? because its long and boring. Thankfully it was just a couple more mintues till we were there. Capt. Obviuos was back in the cabins sleeping and Dink was probably in the back working on new device. so I just sat in the cockpit thinking. I closed my eyes and reached out to two minds.
Alexis. Dash. I hope you're all right.

Of course Dash was probably to busy to answer but Alexis might, but before i could get a chance to speak with her alarms went off in the cockpit.

Well looks like we are here. I thought.

I pulled back the hyperspace lever and realspace converted back in front of me.
Wow. Amazing the cordinates were right, who would have thought i could remeber something like that. Of course Dash's ship had helped me some, but still. I slowed the ship and stayed out of Range and waited to see what would happen next.

Kassa Baute

posted 05-28-2004 05:46 PM    
(((OOC: From "Minds like a Sieve. in the CSWU Forum. Thank you.)))

Kassa put in the comm frequency, from which he got off the holonet and put it in his datapad and spoke into it.

"Hello, this is Kassa Baute. I saw on the holonet on how you need an anidote. seeing how you need an anditoe that the culprit usually has, you don't have the culprit. I can hunt down the culprit and bring him to you dead or alive with the anidote for 40,000 credits like you have said. so you would get the andiote plus the guy who did whatever he did for you to need this anidote so badly."

I sure hope they don't have the culprit or this could all be a waste. Kassa thought.

"If you're intested, i think it be better to meet in person and continue, never know who's listening in." and with that Kassa sat and waited for a reply.

[ 05-28-2004 05:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kassa Baute ]

Terrin's Crew

posted 06-01-2004 02:57 AM    
Taylor had just reentered his office after a restless break to find yet another reply to his Holonet advertisement. He pursed his lips thoughtfully as he read it, curious as to why this person seemed so eager to be of help.

Perhaps they were just running low on their luck, and on jobs, he mused.

Quickly, he typed in a reply.

Another prospect has made contact with me, he began. However, negotiations are still in progress. I will keep your frequency on file.

Sending off the reply at that, Taylor stood, about to head off to the sickbay when a comm directly from the main bridge registered. "Commander Garrison, there is an unidentified ship in the nearby area."

"Is it approaching?" Taylor queried.

"It has made no moves as of yet."

Taylor nodded at this, pursing his lips once more. It was too soon for his contact...

"Take no action for the moment, this could just be a random traveller who is passing our way," he observed, "Remain on standby however, and keep an eye on them should they hail us."

"We copy that, Commander," came the reply from the bridge, "Bridge out."

Once more, Taylor stood, waiting a moment as if to see if another comm would come his way. Then he left the office altogther, heading for the sickbay as he had originally planned to see if there had been any change with the Captain.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 06-12-2004 11:27 PM    
Hmm. Intesting, they haven't hailed us yet. I thought.

"Well, it looks like we'll have to make the first move." I said to myself. I pushed the comm button and spoke into it.

"Hello, Uh, I don't know if you remeber me, but I am Jebbua Dahutt along with some companinans of mine. Speaking of which, I was wondering if you would know where Dash and the others are at? It is vitial That i know where they are and am willing to pay whatever to find out this info. Jebbua Out." I released the comm and waited on a reply.

Maybe they won't remeber me, otherwise... I have bad feeling about this. I thought as i sat and waited.

Kassa Baute

posted 06-19-2004 03:41 AM    
Damn, I left Sullest for nothing. Kassa thought.

He reached for his comm and spole into again.

"I copy you, I'll be waiting for your call."

He shut off his comm. and shut down all systems except the emergency systems and headed back to his cabin to sleep, while his ship floated in space.

Dashawn E'bnnwing

posted 06-21-2004 03:41 AM    
The eyes of man, beast or alien were an awkward subject to say the least. When they stared upon something living it was as if a shining light had come from the sky right in the corner of one's eye. They could be felt, even if they came from behind a person. It was an interesting topic indeed. This idea, this topic, was brought to at the door of the intoxicated man, who lay on a bed with a man seemingly healing him.

These eyes of illuminating power came from a man dressed in the traditional Eagle Enterprise jumpsuit outfit for a human janitor. It was rare, however, to see one in this day and age, seeing as the droids had taken off the seemingly meaningless works, but there were a few and this man seemed, from his ruggid exterior, lucky to have found such a job on the Hornett.

"So," his words came, in a ruggid, roguish tone, brekaing the silence as his brown locks dangled on over his matching eyes. They stare at the blue robed back of the one which seemed, from observation, to be a Jedi.

"Am I goin' to have to clean in here too, or does the great Jedi have that under control too," the man inquired, a sarcarsm covering his voice, aswell as a playfulness.

In the hush after his question, he sat, leaning against the wal with a pack filled with technological cleaning objects that had normally been carried about by droids. A chuckle hung under his voice as he continued to look on, awaiting a response.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 06-24-2004 11:32 PM    
Nefrai Kesh stirred. He had slumbered in nothingness for centuries, for he knew that when his purpose was needed, it would call him. It called to him now......

Suddenly, the portal of which had always delivered him to his eternal hidaway opened, and he stepped through. He was standing on what appeared to be a maitenence walkway, over several large generators that hummed and glowed gently.

His predetorial insticts caused him to drop to the floor as a human walked by, whistling an offkey tune.

He passed the walkway and moved on, carring a box full of what appeared to be burned out energy cells. Nefrai Kesh stalked forward, unheard by the preoccupied human.

The human turned around, his sixth sense tingling, but nothing was there. He kept walking, a tad uneasy, as usual. After all, it was a dark little spot of the ship.

Nefrai Kesh stalked closer.

The human put down the box, reaching into a deep pocket for an access card to a door before him, still whistling, continuously sending glances over his shoulder.

Nefrai Kesh hung over the human, waiting for the opportune moment.

The human glanced over his shoulder again, and Nefrai Kesh dropped down before him, not even noticed.

The human turned, and openned his mouth to scream in fear at the horror before him. But it was to late.

Nefrai Kesh's hand shot forward, gripping the mans entire neck and throat in one hand. He squeezed, feeling blood vessels rupture and bone splinter beneath his clawed fist.

Blood ran over his hand, and he lavished in it's cooling embrase for a moment. However, he could hear movement nearby, and thought it best to continue his hunt elsewhere.

He dropped the corpse to the floor. The corpse smashed into the side of the box the man had been carrying, and knocked it over, spilling energy cells all over the floor, and creating a huge clatter.

Nefrai Kesh reached back, and with a mighty stroke, ripped the Durasteel door into a mangled piece of metal, and proceeded down the narrow and abandoned passage, only casually flicking his hand to the side, smashing the door into the wall to his left, as he disappeared into the shadows of the Hornett.

Terrin's Crew

posted 06-26-2004 03:45 AM    
Hearing the racket, another crewman of the Hornett rushed to the scene, one of his coworkers not far on his heels. It didn't take them long to find the body of their murdered commrade.

"Oh hell!" one of them exclaimed in horror. "Someone better notify the bigwigs...

...this doesn't look good, and I have a bad feeling about this."

"Yeah," the other man replied, his eyes darkening as he too beheld the ghuastly sight, "And is it just me, or has more things of this nature been happening since Captain Danner died? He ran a tighter ship..."

"Don't talk that way," came the biting reply, "At least we all still have a job. Now let's do ours and report this."

Saying that, he pulled a commlink to his lips, "Security, I have a serious incident to report..."

[ 06-26-2004 03:46 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 06-26-2004 03:56 AM    
Shawn pulled his attentions away from Aaron for the moment, his greeny-blue eyes locking on the janitor, that very look seeming to read into his soul. "The life of your captain still lies on the line," Shawn answered simply and quite evenly then, his greeny blues turning a bit distant then.

Your Captain. But the Hornett was Terrin's...

His his snapped back alert in an instant, however, and he was about to open his mouth to say something further when the unmistakable tendrils of a force jolt slammed into his senses. He couldn't stop the gasp, so sudden, strong, and unexpected was the sensation.

About this time Taylor Garrison entered the sickbay, and Shawn spoke up before the young Commander could so much as get a word out edgewise. "There's something very wrong here, on this ship," he stated, drawing a raised eyebrow from Garrison. "I sense something dark, sinister...

...something elusive..."

Even as these final words fell from his lips, Garrison's commlink began to beep.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 06-26-2004 04:06 AM    
Nefrai Kesh could sense strong beings aboard. He could tell that they were already alerted to his presence. Subtility up to the point of killing them had always been a high priority, however, disposing of the bodies had never been important.

But these thoughts were cast aside as he saw yet another human. This one appeared to be security, as he carried a weapon, no two, a blaster and a stun baton.

The cooridor they stood in had no doorways, no hiding places.

The human froze as he saw Nefrai Kesh. He reached for his blaster, and at that moment, Nefrai Kesh leapt forward, his claws raking at the metal behind where the humans head had been moments before, but the human had amazingly been able to dodge.

Nefrai Kesh felt two blaster bolts burn into his side, but blasters had hardly ever effected him. He turned, and let out a hideous grin behind his skull helm and mask.

The human now reached for a stun baton, and jabbed at Nefrai Kesh, yelling over and over for him to "get back".

Nefrai Kesh mentally snorted that this human believed him to be afraid of such a pathetic attempt to harm him.

He raked the mans face with his claws, and was about to procede to kill him, when he heard footsteps nearby.

He knew he should just kill them now, but decided to spare this one to tell the tale. After all, fear worked to his advantage quite well. He grabbed the human and bashed him against the bulkhead once, then dropped him, and fled in the opposite direction of the footsteps.

Taylor Garrison

posted 06-27-2004 02:44 AM    
Taylor pulled the commlink from his belt and answered. "This is Commander Garrison."

"Sir, we have a problem...a serious problem. There's been a major security alert, and we are raising security measures to code yellow..."

A pause. Taylor could almost hear the person on the other side of the communit shudder. "...make that code red. We now have to incidents."

Taylor frowned, not liking the vagueness of the man on the other side of the communit. "Who is this, and where are you? I want more information concerning this security alert than you are giving me..."

"Sir," came the reply, "You need to see this for yourself. Something is horribly wrong..."

The man trailed, and suddenly Taylor was feeling as though he just might be over his head...

...and he sorely wished that Aaron was around to help him out.

"We're in security wing Red 3," the man finally answered.

"Allright," Taylor replied, "I'm on my way."

Closing off the commlink then, Taylor couldn't help but turn to Shawn. "Jedi Petrolu, I know that Aaron needs your services still, but would it be possible if you could for the moment accompany me? I'm at a loss as to just what might be going on here..."

Shawn Petrolu

posted 06-27-2004 03:06 AM    
Shawn nodded. "Captain Barnes is stable for the time being. I'm afraid the only thing that will help him further is the antidote we are waiting for."

Taylor bit his lip, nodding once then as Shawn moved to stand and join him. Then with no further ado the young Commander turned and lead the way to a turbolift which in turn carried then to Red Level. In little time they were down they stepped out of the corridor and into the security wing. Immediately the were met by a security officer, who filled both of them in on what the janitors had discovered, including the dead body and the now-unconscious security personnel.

Shawn glanced to Garrison, who inquired as to the security personnel's location.

"Might also help to see the scene of the incident," Shawn then suggested.

The security officer promptly turned as white as a sheet. "I don't know if it's advisable for anyone to go down there just yet..."

Garrison gave the officer a look that caused him to pause mid-sentence. "What is going on...???" Shawn heard him query under his breath, almost rhetorically.

"If you want any clues regarding that, Sir," the security officer then responded, "I believe our unconscious security personnel might have some insight..."

Nefrai Kesh

posted 06-27-2004 03:18 AM    
Nefrai Kesh planned his next move. He now realised his fortune in allowing that man to live. His fear and the fact that he would now live to speak of this demon, Nefrai Kesh. But then, his planning and thought came to a halt as he sensed something he had not for a long time.
Jedi....

Long had it been since he has last seen or fought Jedi. The last time had been on that ship, with so many of them. If this jedi was actually strong, it would be much more interesting then that massacare. That must have been two, maybe three millenia ago.....

But time mattered not in Nefrai Kesh's world. All that mattered, was that he fulfilled his purpose in this place.

But to hunt the jedi again would be most fulfilling.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 06-27-2004 03:55 AM    
Making a quick return to sickbay, Shawn and Commander Garrison were escorted to the injured security officer's side. As they entered, the officer was just regaining consciousness, and there was a wild look in his eyes. Shawn rushed to his side then, placing a hand over his forehead,

"Try to relax," he said to the man.

"But I have seen the face of death," the man gasped, "And those claws...hideous claws so strong they even ripped durasteel..."

The man trailed even Shawn reached out into the Force and channeled some healing energies into him. Slowly, the man drifted into a restful hibernation trance. As he did, Shawn ran a his hand along one gash in the injured man's face. The obvious was inescapable.

"These are claw marks," he observed, turning then to Taylor. "Be it man or beast or something else entirely, I have to see the scene where all this happened. If we don't get to the bottom of this...

...I'm afraid it will simply happen again."

Taylor Garrison

posted 06-27-2004 04:03 AM    
"Very well, then," Taylor replied, nodding once. "But I refuse to send you without any back up."

He paused then, taking his commlink off his belt and tossing it to the Jedi. "Take this with you, for starters. And I'm going to have a security crew right behind you, at your beck and call."

Shawn opened his mouth at this, but Taylor simply continued, knowing what the Jedi was most likely going to say. "I insist. A small crew at least."

He waved to the waiting security officer, who had lead them to the sickbay from Red Level Security. "Go with Jedi Petrolu, and see to it that he is escorted with a crew of six security officers."

"Yes sir," the security officer replied, then turning to Shawn. "Jedi Petrolu?"

Shawn stood at this, nodding as a certain eerie sort of calmness iced in his greeny-blue eyes. Then he stepped next to the security officer, his hand on his hip where his lightsaber hilt rested.

"The Force be with you," Taylor couldn't help saying as the officer and Jedi began to depart. At this Petrolu paused momentarily and turned. "Indeed, the Force be with us all."

And with nothing further the two departed, leaving Taylor to simply wait for whatever news would come his way next.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 06-27-2004 04:21 AM    
Nefrai Kesh waited. He draws close, and I wait for him. I must hope he is powerful, and that they have become more powerful, or they will all fall. The common ones will prove no challenge, they will fall easily. But the jedi....

Nefrai Kesh could only contemplate.

Jedi blades couldn't kill him, nothing could, that he had descovered long ago. Yet unlike any other weapon, the sabres seemed to repel him. They sent him back to wence he came, though he could return soon, to seek revenge upon them.

He hoped, almost wished that he would be warded, that he would be a difficult prey. But so far, none ever have.

Dashawn E'bnnwing

posted 06-27-2004 09:23 AM    
The situation was clear, they were on alert. He had been caught into a frozen solid, a solid as strong as the durasteel that blocked the paths into lifts and into doors. He just sat there fore moments as the group of the Jedi and Commander passed him at the door and down the hall way, proceding to their bidding.

It took him moments, long, motionless moments before he could move, even breathe. A gasp escaped his mouth as if he had come to the surface of the endless waters of Spira. A glaze covered his eyes as he stared at the bed that the Captian lay, a blinking of them managing to turn the dreamy occasion to reality. It was then, as he accepted the realization of the moment, that he turned about foot, as he had done when he was once upon a time attired in stormtrooper uniform, and headed down the hall where he had seen the others head.

It wasn't long before he found himself bustling through a few crowds, dancing his way around them like a Twilek slave, heading to where his instincts brought him to believe the Jedi was. The man was intrigued by the Jedi, though in the past he had learned to hate and stare down in disgust at their existence, but he didn't now. He was free of those ideals and could think as though he wanted, and with this freedom he had choosed to go to the hangars.

There was no luck, and when the interest as his only push, he dashed down to the sickbay. Sliding to a stop, nearly dropping his equiptment pack on his back, he fell behind the small crew of men behind what he believed to be the Jedi.

"Luck, 'ey," he whispered to himself, as he fell back behind the small crew and headed with them to wherever they were going. He knew, deep down, this idea was stupid, ignorant, but he had no time to observe his interest as childish, he just acted, moved and did.

Even though what was before him was filled with a darkness, a strong darkness that even with his newfound sensitivty to the Force he didn't detect, or maybe he just didn't want to...

Minna Manth

posted 06-27-2004 09:36 PM    
Minna brought Heaven's Forbiddance sailing out of hyperspace with a sure hand, her eyes sparkling with satisfaction as they filled with the return of starlight, happy thoughts dancing in her head.

40,000 credits... that's a lot of upgrades, she couldn't keep a broad grin off her face as a proximity sensor began to bleep, warning her of the approach of something massive and large. Or rather, of the fact that she herself was approaching it.

She sighed a bit, then leaning forward flipped open a communications channel to the looming Hornett, opening up a link along the same frequency as before.

"This is Forbiddance, announcing arrival and requesting docking coordinates."

The tersely polite announcement squirted into the fabric of space and time, carried along the most primitive of waves. She wiggled a bit in her seat, and waited for a reply to her hail.

Taylor Garrison

posted 07-01-2004 02:55 AM    
Taylor almost jumped when his wristcomm, which was linked with his office communit, went off. He quickly recovered however, punching the accept button. Minna Manth's message immediately played. He sent off a quick reply then, just to make sure she knew the message was received and would be immediately acted upon.

"Forbiddance, this is Commander Taylor Garrison. You may proceed to the main hangar and will be directed to dock on a vacant landing platform. I will meet you there."

Once that message had been relayed, Taylor then punched in another frequency, letting those on the main deck know that the Forbiddance should be allowed docking priveleges, and that those in the main hangar should be notified of the incoming ship. Once he was certain that all this had been carried out, he quickly made his way to the main hangar, feeling it necessary to be present when the Forbiddance landed. As he hurried on Taylor could only pray that this contact could indeed provide the necessary antidote for Aaron's illness...

Terrin's Crew

posted 07-01-2004 03:02 AM    
As the Commander's orders where swiftly and accurately carried out on the main deck, one of the bridge officers came across an interesting comm message, one which was broadcast across a general frequency.

""Hello, Uh, I don't know if you remember me, but I am Jebbua Dahutt along with some companinans of mine. Speaking of which, I was wondering if you would know where Dash and the others are at? It is vitial That i know where they are and am willing to pay whatever to find out this info. Jebbua Out."

He frowned, then sent off a decisive reply. "This is the Super Star Destroyer Hornett replying to your communication. Who is the intended receipient of your comm?"

Nefrai Kesh

posted 07-01-2004 04:08 AM    
Nefrai Kesh knew that he had come here for the right reason. He could feel the forces needed that would set his purpose in motion. This he knew as the party of shipsmen drew ever closer.

He would take them one at a time, as he usually did. It would be easy to cut them all down in the corridor, but that would be to easy.

No, he would wait, instill yet more fear in them as they wandered the halls on a search that would come to an inevitable ending. He chuckled to himself.

Yes, more would come, and he would feel their flesh rend and blood run over his claws, once again.

Jamel Garth

posted 07-01-2004 04:36 AM    
((OOC: From the thread in Complete Star Wars Universe called Return to Rhyloth: A Bittersweet Reunion comes Jamel Garth.))

Time and time again Jamel had ventured from world to world, seeking dependence, seeking a family. Over the years that had passed since his disappearance from the then Hutt governed Tatooine he had very vew connection, very few friends. However, through the tides of time and young turmoil he had found one that he felt he could care for. That man he had left and though through these moving times he had little time to reflect, or think he always thought about that man.

In this man, this Jedi, he had found something he could look up to. The feeling that he had gained when he thought about his mother or his Teras Kasi teacher. These people were idols, gods to him, beings that stood by themselves with the crowd around them. He wanted to be caring, giving and educated like this man.

This man was Shawn Petrolu and in this man he had saught a family.

However, he ran from this person. He didn't know how to react to care, compassion and understanding without disgrunt as he did. Even though on the calm terms that the two had parted ways, it was always haunting for Jamel to remind himself of. The fact that he delibertly took himself away from something so positive, so nurturing felt wrong to him.

Since, Jamel beated himself for it. Nitpicking at every mistake and reminding himself of the day that he had met Shawn and also the day he had left him. It was those times that he felt he needed to find Shawn and become something better and not make those mistakes. Even in his youth he knew the value of friendship, the value of a good relationship because he had the absence of it.

So as the dark times of the galaxy casted about and more mystical ideals produced from the resting, the young Jamel ventured. He adventured about the galaxy, learning of Shawn and trying to catch on his trail. He seemed always only a few steps behind on every step and it had in the end led him to EE, what seemed to have some high ranking employers that had friendship with Shawn.

It was from this hint, this tip from a random employer at a Drunkenwell cantina that he took to the Holonet in request for these people. The same Holonet that he knew could warrant the fearful, abusing glare of his father. The same Holonet that he had thought he would never have to resort to.

The message read...

"This is Jamel seeking a Shawn Petrolu. If anyone can lead me to the contacts of Eagle Enterprise highest officals, such as Terrin Danner, Aaron Barnes or Taylor Garrison. I have a decent amount of credits to offer and ships to deal."

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 07-01-2004 10:26 PM    
I was just about to give up hope when all of a sudden a message was sent to my comm.

"This is the Super Star Destroyer Hornett replying to your communication. Who is the intended receipient of your comm?"

I cleared my throat and sent back a reply.

"Captian Barnes of course, He the only person i beilve who actually knew where they went."

I thought about asking if i could come aboard, but i decided against, first i would wait to see what he would say.

Minna Manth

posted 07-06-2004 03:33 AM    
Minna smiled as the reply came in over the commlink with Hornett, then leaned forward and once more let her fingers dance upon the board in front of her. In no time an acknowledgement to the incoming message was winging its way toward the massive super star destroyer, even as her own little craft began to follow suit.

Not too much longer and a dark rectangle loomed against the darker mass of the great ship. The smile flickered about her lips then as she flipped off the automatic controls and set about manually docking in the profferred bay now only tens of meters in front of her.

Careful, Minna, she thought to herself as she guided "Forbiddance" a tad wee to the starboard. It sure wouldn't make the kind of impression you'd like to make if you slammed into this baby and hurt something now, would it?

Slowly the open docking bay doors grew in size until they took up the entirety of her forward viewscreen. Deep within the bowels ahead she could make out figures scurrying about behind the protective shield, men at various posts doing what they had to do to make certain their end of her docking went along clean as a whistle. She smiled again as the open space to her right was suddenly covered by an electronically encumbered bulkhead, its blinking lights letting her know that at last she was inside the docking bay.

Only then did she release control of her ship entirely to the tractor beams coming from the Hornett, and allow "Forbiddance" to come to a featherlight touchdown at the control of hands other than hers.

She rocked slightly as a slight bump told her she had finally landed; then reaching forward she quickly powered down, letting her little ship hiss and grumble to itself as cooling gases escaped from its vents.

You won't be grumbling so much after too long a time, baby....

Then she rose to her feet, brushed off any specks of dust from her person that might be there, and after running a neatening hand over the fur on top of her head, disembarked her ship and stepped out onto the deck of the docking bay.

A man was waiting there, patiently.

"I'm Minna Manth," she said in brusque introduction, taking another step forward before coming to a stop in front of him. She smiled for all she was worth, for he looked pleasant enough, if not just a bit worried.

"I think I have a service you are somewhat interested in...?"

Taylor Garrison

posted 07-06-2004 04:16 AM    
Taylor tried to clear any traces of worry and concern from his brown eyes. "Yes," he then replied, extending a hand then in greeting. "I'm Commander Taylor Garrison. If you'll follow me, we'll find a more private place to talk."

Turning on his heel then, Taylor took the lead a mere step ahead of Minna Manth, leading her out of the docking area and into a pathway of corridors. Once they reached the appropriate turbolift Taylor paused, pressing the button to bring the lift back to their level. When it arrived they stepped inside and made their way to Red Level, and Taylor lead the Bothan through the corridors til at length they were at his personal office. Taylor unlocked the door and the metal door slid open with a whoosh, revealing a fairly plush office with a dark wood desk and a few chairs surrounding it. Again Taylor took the lead, entering and going behind his desk where he took a seat. He extended a hand over the desk then, indicating a chair for Manth to take right across from him, which she did.

Taylor leaned forward on his desk, "I'm going to be very straightforward with you, Miss Manth. My time to find this antidote is steadily slipping away with each moment we speak, and the victim has already had the toxin in his blood stream approximately two days. So, before we go any further in our dealings, I must know one simple thing. Can you both retrieve and deliver the antidote back to me before it is too late?"

[ 07-06-2004 04:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taylor Garrison ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 07-06-2004 04:23 AM    
Nefrai Kesh grinned inwardly. Another presance had come to join them aboard. More prey, he thought, as he speed down the corridors, Bipedally leaving scratchings in the floor. After all, one on one had never been very enjoyable.
I should bring them together for a little party.

He speed around another corner, and he found himself in what appeared to be a storage room, he guessed it was near the docking bays, it reeked of starfighter fuel.

He noticed a maitenence droid proceeding to load a hover truck with fuel barrels, and grinned.

A few moments later, the fuel lay on the floor, several of them leeking, the wreckage of the droid soaked in the liquid.

Above him, he coud sense the newest presence moving about. Three, no four, sentients stood above him. He could sense irregular vibrations in the air, and new it to be conversation.
Let me give them a thrill shall I?

He leapt to the ceiling of the room, and began shredding the metal beneath them. He could hear and feel their screams through the air, their feet leaping up to avoid his seeking claws.

But not fast enough.

He grabbed on of their legs (it appeared to be human) and dragged it through the metal, and began to shred it.

He waited for a few moments, then ceased. He let out a deep yowling roar similar to a Corellian Sand Panthers, and darted into the shadows among the corners, and awaited his hunters.

No, those he hunted.

Minna Manth

posted 07-06-2004 04:30 AM    
Minna hadn't batted an eye as Taylor led her through this corridor and that, passageways filled with the bustle of crewmen hurrying about on one assignment or another, even though the immense size of Hornett filled her with awe.

40,000 credits is nothing to these people, she thought as she was ushered into a quietly opulent office of this obviously lesser ranked individual.

I wonder how their commander lives. Maybe a little of this can come Forbiddance's way when all is said and done....

Now she blinked, bringing her focus back in hand, letting Garrison's worried words fill her ears. She nodded to him, and leaned forward in her seat, unable to help sending a wayward glance toward a decanter of something blue setting nonchalantly on a shelf behind him.

"Yes," she finally said aloud, directing her gaze back to the man in front of her. "I am aware of the dangers of this Mandalorian Temblor toxin, and I believe I can return with the antidote within... hmmm...

"Eight days, give or take one. This is a guarantee. And now--"

She settled more comfortably in her seat, letting the fingers of one hand brush lightly against the soft upholstery.

"Before I depart to obtain this antidote, I must request something in the way of a downpayment. I am going to be needing certain... supplies."

She let her words trail off with that, and cocked her head to one side to observe what reaction Mr. Garrison might then have.

[ 07-06-2004 04:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

Taylor Garrison

posted 07-07-2004 03:02 AM    
Though Taylor was not very experienced in these sort of dealings, Minna's request didn't surprise him all that much. "Whatever you need to get the job done effeciently," he replied then. "If it's ship repairs or modifications you are needing, I can have that done immediately. If it's something else...

...fill me in, and I'll see what I can do to help."

He paused then, his brown eyes already noting the Bothan's occasional glance to the blue liquor behind him. He waved a hand back towards it as he then finished with, "Would you care for a drink while we make the arrangements for you to get the supplies which you require?"

Nefrai Kesh

posted 07-08-2004 02:31 PM    
Nefrai Kesh suddenly sensed yet another presence comming to the ship. No, three presences.

This was most delightful. Aside from those two other non-injured workers, there had been no signs of witnessess.

Then, just as he thought of this, he heard yet another alert go off: "ALERT! Security level raised in docking sections, extreme caution advised! ALERT! Security level raised in all docking sections, extreme caution advised!

Terrin's Crew

posted 07-14-2004 03:21 AM    
The crewman on comm-duty on the main deck of the Hornett pondered a message which he had received very carefully, considering just what to do with it:

"This is Jamel seeking a Shawn Petrolu. If anyone can lead me to the contacts of Eagle Enterprise highest officals, such as Terrin Danner, Aaron Barnes or Taylor Garrison. I have a decent amount of credits to offer and ships to deal."

At length, however, he made a decision and replied.
This is the Hornett receiving your transmission. If you will transmit more specific identification, we will be happy to at least try to assist you.

Once the message was then sent, The comm officer waited.

Havoc reigned now near the main hangar. Something, something fast as lightning, had torn through a storage area, leaving both injured crew workers and frightened ones. Once the injured were tended to, security made the necessary call to Taylor Garrison, who was just getting to the business of asking Minna Manth just what supplies she might need. As he was sitting in his office, his commlink beeped, the tone one which denoted an emergency.

"This is Commander Taylor Garrison," he said into his comm, looking apolegetically to Manth.

"Sir, this is Main Hangar Security. Security level in all docking areas has been raised. There has been another... incident."

Taylor frowned. "Comm Jedi Petrolu at frequency 111248. Give him all the details, and then you can fill me in shortly. Garrison out."

Closing off the comm frequency with that, Taylor turned back to Manth. "You'll have to pardon me, but we seem to be having a...ahhh... slight security problem. I don't mean to rush things, but I feel my attention is required regarding that problem. So, in order to get you on your way, I'll direct you to my best crew of ship repairmen, and we'll get you the supplies you need to be on your way...

...that is, unless there is something else you will require..."

Shawn Petrolu

posted 07-14-2004 03:36 AM    
"I've never seen anything quite like this," Shawn admitted to the squad of gaurds which had accompanied him down to the engineering level. Even as he did, he reached out and ran a finger through a claw-mark on the mangled engineering door. Immediately he shivered, a chill running up and down his spine.

"This is the work of something very evil..." he whispered to himself.

But even as he did so, the commlink Taylor GArrison had given him chirped. "Jedi Petrolu here," he answered.

"Sir, Commander Garrison requested that we notify you there has been another incident concerning the creature, in the docking bay. Some have been wounded, and there is ship damage. We believe the creature may still be close by the main hangar area."

Shawn's look didn't shift from his usual calm one. If it was a creature at all, he couldn't help thinking to himself though.

"I'm on my way, but I have a feeling it will be gone before I get there. Still, I think I might be able to get a lock on its presence soon...

...and I also might have an idea as to how we might deal with this more successfully. On second thought, have some of your crewmen who witnessed the incident, along with some who did not, to the main dining area. I'll meet you there in five standard minutes."

"As you wish it, Master Jedi. Main Hangar Security out."

Nefrai Kesh

posted 07-14-2004 03:03 PM    
Plenty of non-entities had come by since his last attack, but none were very important, and he could sense the jedi already moving away. Disappointing jedi....

He stole through the bulk heads in pursuit of the presence. If he can't find me, then I'll change the score from hunted to hunter.

Nefrai Kesh made sure to leave signs of his passing.

Jamel Garth

posted 07-17-2004 03:55 AM    
Jamel stood in wonder and puzzlement at the reply for a second. In many senses he was shocked, but he had learned from Petrolu that sometimes one should be hold a calm exterior for situations. So, he proceded, leaning back against the nearest wall and placing in a reply. Even while his fingers pressed against the comm. units activator, he could fill his brain rattle in confusion at what exactly he sould say.

"Hmm, this is Jamel Garth," he began, a frown shaping its way onto his lips. "I will send you my public and private Mos Eisley, Tatooinain identification."

Even as the words sled out into the frequency of the comm unit and to the man on the Eagle Enterprise, he began away at sending what information on his profile that he could. There was a certainy that they should be cautious, but it'd be foolish idea after they notice he was just a young teen.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 07-22-2004 10:24 PM    
Shawn didn't have to be told to feel the presence which was now turning and heading his way as he stepped into the dining hall of the Hornett; in fact, he had been almost expecting it from the time he changed his course from the docking area to here.

He looked to the head gaurd in the squadron which still accompanied him. "Have the dining hall cleared, and notify the docking crew who have witnessed the havoc below not to come here as originally requested. Whatever is attacking on board this ship...

...it's on it's way here."

The guard simply nodded in response, and quickly executed the Jedi's request. In less than five minutes the dining hall was clear excepting the squad of guards and Shawn.

Shawn extended a hand, palm down. "Stay back," he then said calmly from the center of the room where he stood.

The head guard complied, almost looking thankful for the Shawn's suggestion.

Shawn didn't move, didn't flinch. He barely even blinked as he waited serenely in the same place. Stretching out with the Force then, he reached out to that presence still coming in his direction, gauging it. Something dark and sinister radiated from it...

...so he sent a simple message out.

Leave the others alone...

[ 07-22-2004 10:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 07-22-2004 10:49 PM    
Leave the others alone... The message rang through in Nefrai Keshs mind. Fool, it believes I answer to common beings.

He halted above the hall, laying low in a crouch in the space between the floor above and the hall below.

He swiftly sped around the hall in no direct patern, creating loud clicking and pinging sounds. Suddenly he stopped, and for a few seconds, could still hear the passing echo's of his movement resounding in the chamber.

He burst through the durasteel plating, and found himself to be comming from above the main entrance to the room.

In midflight, he morphed his body into a bipedal shape, and tore into one guard, shredding him, then leapt to another, shredding him as well.

He leapt to the ceiling, and clung to it with his claws, and let out a beastial roar.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 07-23-2004 02:35 AM    
I was begining to wonder how long it would take for them to answer me, when all of a sudden, Pain. I felt pain.

Alexis, Noo! I fell to the floor with my hand on my head. Capt. Obvouis rushed to my aide.

"Turn... Ship....Around....Go....Sullest....Now...." was all i could get out before darkness took me, but as the darkness took me, I felt Capt. Obvuis head towards the cockpit.

(((OOC:Please follow Jebbua, Capt. Obvuis and Dink to Minds Like a Sieve in the CSWU Forum, Thank you.)))

[ 07-23-2004 02:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Dashawn E'bnnwing

posted 07-23-2004 02:27 PM    
Dashawn had continously lept into the shadows behind this Shawn Petrolu, glamoured by the existance of the Jedi. It had been such a different and awkward lifestyle since he had come to this time. Even though in the days of his birth there was no such thing as Jedi, they had managed to ressurect, become something and as quick as he could accept they just being alive they whittered away by the hands of the New Empire.

The universe was much different, but some things, like the power, the strenght of the Empire would never change.

Even as Dashawn lept scurried into the hall within the group of security, this idea troubled him and he wondered exactly what he was doing. The political schemes of the galaxy were much different, but what would the Empire do if they ever found of him. It was certian that they had some sort of records on him, and the troubles that they would create for him would be numerous.

The whole idea of it was hard to comprehend, for anyone and much harder to accept. Yet, he had to, for as the words from Shawn were told to stand back, he realized that he was in a conflict of his own now. This one, however, he could not just contemplate about and it would be conclude. Even as he had observed the situation, remembering all the days as a stormtrooper so long ago, he could not understand what was happening.

Until the feeling of fear overwhelmed the room with the sounds of scurrying feet hitting the hall walls, bouncing on a radical path before many of the guards were down.

A frown carved on Dashawn's face then, his eyes drifting off to the ceiling and to the ground in search of something. It was then that he realized he held something on his waist that would conclude all these problems. He lifted his hand, stepping beside Shawn Petrolu, letting the metal object fly into his hand with the bid of the Force.

The object was a hilt, a hilt of a lightsaber. As the seconds transpired, the decorated flag of the Jedi sprung forth in an emitting ray of destruction. A sizzling pop circled the room as the green light illumanited Dashawn's face.

"Hey," he whispered to Shawn, a smirk making its way onto Dashawn's face.

Minna Manth

posted 07-27-2004 05:26 AM    
Minna cocked her head a bit to one side and studied Garrison with instantly hooded eyes.

An... incident?

For a moment she remained absolutely still, giving the chill now running up and down her spine leave to complete its tour of her body before it finally dissipated altogether. She was, after all, a spy, and a good one; it didn't take a rocket scientist to read the danger lurking in the depths of the pair of eyes which still perused her, albeit a bit more... pressingly than before.

Smiling, she rose to her feet.

"Thank you, Mr. Garrison," she said softly, as though she didn't want to further burden the man with so much as an uplifted voice.

"If you would be so kind as to place some of that--"

She pointed to the blue bottle behind him.

"--aboard my ship, and give her a Level Three diagnostic, as well as provide her with fuel and food, I'll take my leave of you and continue with our, umm... contract, did you say?"

Still smiling, she turned slightly sideways, letting her body language explain to Garrison that if he needed to hurry on his way, far be it from her to delay him.

[ 07-27-2004 05:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 07-29-2004 02:19 AM    
Shawn's every sense was on nothing other at the moment than the creature which clung to the ceiling with fearsome claws, roaring mightily. Still, he did notice the young man who had come to his side, one who surprisingly weilded a lightsaber. His senses still trained on the beast, Shawn called his own lightsaber to his hand, a blue blade joining the already ignited green one. Standing in place, ready for whatever the creature might do, Shawn stretched out to it once more.

Who are you, and what do you want...?

Nefrai Kesh

posted 08-02-2004 07:47 PM    
Nefrai Kesh laughed inwardly. He fell from the cieling to the center of the hall, and resumed his "normal" humanoid appearence.

"Speak openly foolish jedi, I need no telepathy to communicate!" He spun and with his claws, cut down a guard that had been approaching from behind with a vibro blade, and threw his corpse off to the side.

"I am Nefrai Kesh, if you paid close attention in your classes, you should know me! Aside from that, I am here to rip you all assunder, as is my calling!"

Kassa Baute

posted 08-09-2004 02:01 AM    
Man, I'm such an idiot. Kassa thought. after he checked in on his video feeds that he had on his bounty's, Alexis, house. There was a big fight seqence with some other guy and some girl who looked like another bounty hunter. Know he had nothing.

Might as well go back to Sullest. there's bound to be other bounties on someone there.Kassa thought.

He set course for Sullest and watched as the stars turned to white lines.

(((OOC: Follow Kassa to Minds like a sieve in the CSWU Forum. Thanks.)))

[ 08-09-2004 02:01 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kassa Baute ]

Loban

posted 08-12-2004 06:01 PM    
((OOC: The Story Continues.. where we last left off..))

Emptiness..

Cold embraces cloud his thoughts..

He awakes to the crisp quiet of a hospital ward.

Rising to a comfortable position, the bed restraints do not allow him to stretch his legs.

There are no restraints, he can not move anything below his waist. Loban is paralyzed, from the same poison that has kept him in and out of a comma for the better part of a year.

For all that matters, he imagines it's been much longer. For all that doesn't, he couldn't even tell you his name.

A spike runs down his spine, there is something wicked amongst the sterile background. A sudden sense, instinctively he feels the need to put as much distance between himself and the bed as possible.

A wheelchair 15 meters to his left gains his attention. Falling to the floor he blacks out.

He awakes, in what seems to be an escape pod forging through the vast emptiness of space, sitting in the wheel chair. Covered in someone else's, or many someone else's, blood.

Loban

posted 08-15-2004 09:54 PM    
Three days, four nights.

In an excape pod built for a few weeks survival, either it had not been supplied correctly or had recent use.

No food, no water. All the air and lifesupport to make a person comfortable for multiple weeks, originally designed for more than one occupant, it seemed.

That precious air was all Loban had in the cold blackness of space, less the wheelchair and dry blood stained clothes.

Logic, not logic but instinct to survive was at the forefront and backdoor of Loban's conscience mind.. what was left of it, running on will and empty on energy.

Though he could not remember what he ate for breakfast 4 days prior, he knew he was capable of devising and executing a plan to survive this improbable situation.

Ego was on his side, perhaps his largest flaw before his poison comma, it was now to determine his living or dying.

He knew he would not die alone, but surrounded by many.

The environmental controls..

Droping the core temperature should incase the inner windows with a sheet of ice when air is exhaled.. moisture turns to liquid when in contact with glass, which in turn is frozen..

Can a humanoid survive on condensation of carbon dioxide gasses into liquid form..

Loban was needing to figure that out the hard way.

No tools aboard the escape pod, many are needed to open the security panel to the automated environmental controls.

Staring at the panel, working his mind over and again to figure out how to dislodge the flat plate from the rest of the ship.. Loban blacks out.

Awaking to find himself shivering, nearly half a day gone by..

The windows a frosty white, an oasis among the stars.

[ 08-15-2004 09:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Terrin's Crew

posted 08-17-2004 03:03 AM    
There was nothing but sheer pandemonium as Loban Kenobi suddenly broke free from the medical wing in nothing short of a blind rage. As he did and finally managed to commandeer an escape pod, one of the crewmembers who had been trying to control Loban's rage lifted a commlink to his lips, blood streaming down his arm. "Security, this is RW441 reporting a stolen escape pod. Suspect is an occupant from the medical wing..."

He paused, hesitating, knowing just how insane his next words may sound to the recepient. "He ahhh...seems to have some paralysis but broke free using some extrasensory powers...something that looked very much like what a Dark Jedi might do."

Saying this, he sent the message. A long and nearly ominious moment ticked by, and then a head security office replied. "RW441, your report is received and being investigated immediately. Injury reports?"

"I have sustained minor injury," the man replied, eyeing his arm. "One possible fatality, and one seriously wounded."

"Do you need assistance?" cane the head security officer's query.

"Yes sir."

"?Ten-four. Assistance enroute. Head security out."

Sitting in head security, a dark haired and dark eyed man's eyes turned impossibly darker after receiving the panic call from one of the men on the Red Wing.

This was maddness. What was becoming of this ship? First there were reports of this creature...

...and now a crazed medical occupant breaking free, killing one and seriously injuring another?

He frowned, shaking his head even as he requested the medical wing staff to identify the missing patient. Finally, the report came in.

"Security, patient identified. One Loban Kenobi, last in the company of Galen Danner before he was brought to this ship after being poisoned by an unknown toxin."

The dark-eyed man reached out to the comm, punching the send button. "Thank you, medical wing."

Then he rubbed his chin, debating what to do.

Knowing already what his decision must be, he punched the familiar frequency of the Commander, then sending a transmission detailing the incident on the Red Wing. Once this was completed he sat back then, awaiting Commander Garrison's reply.

Taylor Garrison

posted 08-17-2004 03:12 AM    
Taylor nodded simply to Minna Manth, unable to completely erase the look of concern deep in his eyes. "I will see to it that you get all which you have requested."

And with nothing further than that, Taylor made the arrangements via comm for Manth's ship to receive the Level Three diagnostic she had requested along with fuel and food...

...and plenty of the blue liquor which she had so eagerly requested.

"While this is completed, you are more than welcome to visit our dining hall or request quarters where you may rest before you depart to continue your part of our...contract. What is your preference?" he queried, falling silent then even as the ominious tone of his commlink almost immediately followed his words once more.

For the moment, he ignored it. But inside his mind was doing anything but as he awaited Minna's reply.

Oh hell, he copuldn't help but think, This COULDN'T be good...

Minna Manth

posted 08-17-2004 05:22 PM    
Still paused beside the door, the Bothan turned slightly back toward Garrison Taylor, a general reply of thanks and committment upon her lips. The slight buzz of his commlink caught her ears, however, as did the quickly suppressed expression that flashed in his eyes.

She remained silent, quietly assessing the situation. She was, after all, a spy, and a good one; in her opinion it didn't take a rocket scientist to logically deduce that there was something seriously wrong aboard this massive ship.

Fleeting pity flickered in her eyes. Then she finally spoke.

"Thank you, Mr. Taylor," she said softly, nodding her head to the acting commander.

"I believe I shall go directly to my ship, and make certain the diagnostic progresses smoothly."

As well as according to my own specifications; I hope I can sneak a couple of them in....

"I will leave you to your business. I believe I can find my way to the docking bay...."

With that she nodded once more then departed, and soon found herself hurrying through the corridors she had so recently traversed. They were yet filled with crewmen, but crewmen whose very demeanor had somehow changed.

For the worse, she noted to herself as a particularly worried looking individual strode by.

Something has happened aboard this ship. Something definitely not good.

Minna ol girl, I believe this is your cue to leave.

Going quickly to where technicians were crawling over Heaven's Forbiddance, she cast her ownership's eye upon them. Things seemed to be progressing well; she went aboard, smiling a little to see that the tech in front of her was wheeling aboard a crate filled with blue bottles.

I have that at least....

Going then to the command area, she ran a few confirmatory diagnostics of her own devising. All seemed well; she was fully fueled, her hold filled with food items both perishable and non, and much to her surprise loaded a bit more for bear than she was when she first arrived.

Ion cannon, how nice.

Nodding in approval, she opened ship-wide communication and made her thank you's, thank you's liberally and quite skillfully interspersed with gentle suggestions that all was well and assistance was no longer necessary and could she please be on her way?

Thank you.

The hatch closed with a definite sound as the final tech departed. Its echoing clang was soon replaced with the familiar chirps and hums as Forbiddance awoke and brought herself up to launching speed.

Then all techs within the great bay scattered for shelter as the forcefield at the far end flicked off, and the paralyzing shimmer was quickly replaced with the steady and fearfully indomitable glow of the cold and distant stars.

Seconds later, she was among them.

[ 08-17-2004 05:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 08-18-2004 01:43 AM    
"To afraid to speak jedi? I had thought you all may have developed more backbone over the centuries! I had also hoped for a challenge from all of you, eternal life can be quite unsettling without the entertainment of flesh rending under one's claws."

He flicked the kryte dragon hide cloak he wore. "I am going to kill you all. Try and stop me!"

Loban

posted 08-18-2004 11:45 PM    
The system's nearest star was somewhere to the left of the front viewport. Loban could assume this for fact as visibility wasn't as fair through the left as it was the right. Seemingly incompassing more stars by the minute, but Loban could not be sure.

Believing in safety before anything, he determined the next best course of action would be to power up and thus reheat the small pod.. as Loban had ingested a fair share of the condesation that had obscured the windows.

Need was irrelavant, he thought to himself..

A beam passed through his vision, one that seemed very familiar.. something that resembled a shooting star in the deep of space streaked by right to left.

Something close..

Perhaps it was the ship this pod belonged to.. in any event it was gone now.

Perhaps, once Loban regains control of the pod, his journey can begin in that direction..

Perhaps was a window into the future, something that could be pushed back further and further if one wished.. time is a tiger which hunts us.. hunts the future..

And now time and future were running down on Loban Kenobi.

The escape pod was now adrift, powerless after shut down and cooled off for 14 hours.. condensation soaked and frozen through to the spine of the vessel.

An oversight, a death sentence.

[ 08-18-2004 11:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 08-22-2004 02:57 AM    
Shawn had been anything but too afraid to speak as he listened to Nefrai's words. In fact, his mind had been spinning...

...and remembering.

Nefrai Kesh...the Undaunted...

Shawn had heard of him. And he now knew what to do to deal with him.

Stretching out with his Force-senses, Shawn reached up a napkin holder near a cooking burner in the dining room's kitchen, all the while keeping his eyes trained on Kesh. Force-pulling a pile of napkins from the holder, Shawn simultaneously flipped the burner's switch, igniting the napkins which were now hovering above the burner.

The fire wasn't big, but if it continued to burn it would quickly become bigger. And Shawn hoped that perhaps it would be enough to accomplish his goals as he then moved the burning napkins with the Force to a table nearby Kesh. He let them drop and land on the booth, causing it to then begin to burn.

"I've never believed the stories that you kill and destroy just for entertainment. Why are you here, Kesh?"

Nefrai Kesh

posted 08-22-2004 04:27 AM    
Another sentimental fool. "I suppose you wanted me to spin a sad tale of woe as I told you of a tortured path and that all I ever wanted was to have friends and be accepted?"

"Fool, even I who have lived through the course of time recognize a blatant distraction! We're you hopping to believe in that myth of my weakness to fire?"

He grinned devilishly, then a thought occured. I've never given them an advantage, why not try? It's not like they can defeat or get rid of me.

"I disappeared on that occurence because I was called back to my home. I have no control over where or when I come, but I come with an unknown purpose. When it's time I appear, I arrive. When my time is past, I leave. And why do I kill and destroy? You could call it similar to the existance of the fabled vampires of old, not wanting to at first, but once tasting the blood of others, it becomes an obbession more than a need."

He reached under his cloak and retrieved his sword, made to resemble the maw of a kryte dragon. "Come jedi, let me renew my purpose!"

Minna Manth

posted 08-25-2004 05:39 PM    
Even though Minna was aware that her distination lay at least a good three day's travel from the coordinates marking the hiding place of the Hornett, she wasn't bored.

Not in the least. There was too much to ponder upon, and too much to prepare for in advance. For when she finally came into orbit around Onderon's "Demon Moon," Dxun, she knew that from that moment on her life would be placed in the gravest of danger.

Well... maybe not as far as the Grand Scheme of Things goes, but far from moseying along Easy Street, she thought to herself as she sipped a small glass of the blue liquor. The fiery liquid seared down her throat and into her stomach, where it rebounded up to the top of her head. From there it cascaded gently down through her body in a gentle waterfall of what couldn't be described as anything other than "warm fuzzies."

Except for her mind. That was somehow completely bypassed, and left totally unaffected. One of the reasons she was so smitten by the stuff. Her concentration upon the notes in her hand was scarcely touched as she took another sip.

Dxun... called the Demon Moon, and for good reason. Way back in the yesteryears, around 4,000 years ago, in fact, it was the hidey-hole of Mandalore himself.

It was where he and his warriors hid, and from whence they sprung out like oil-blots to rage and rampage and ruin and do whatever the hell else it was they so liked to do.

Assisted along the way with their infamous armor, and secret weaponry.

Of which the Temblor toxin was but a small part.

Now the little Bothan spy sighed a bit, and flipped a page. That didn't help; the information she was reading grew even more horrendous.

Most people avoided Dxun, for it was populated by wild and ferocious beasts. It was rumored to yet harbor the descendants of Mandalore and his warriors, although nothing had come from the moon since his death but rumors and whispers... at least up until about a hundred years prior to the Battle of Yavin, when they up and burst out from hiding long enough to totally exterminate the Ithullan race. Undefeatable they were, until a group of jedi killed off the last remnants of their tribe, just before the start of the Clone Wars....

Or at least everyone thought that was the end of it. Actually no one really quite knew....

And all Minna knew was that the toxin had been created by the Mandalorians, and they hid out on Dxun, filled with an overabundance of lethal life.

Toxins are made from plants... and antidotes are made by their creators, if they are wise.

Minna didn't doubt for a moment that the Mandalorians hadn't been wise. So she continued to devour every bit of information she could glean about the ancient Mandalorians, whether it came from her own data banks or from something as antiquated as the book she was holding.

Somewhere on Dxun is the key, the antidote. I know it. I'll find it.

I have to....

She let the book close quietly and merely sat, a vacant expression coming into her eyes, and stared off into the smears of stars that outlined her viewports, looking for all the world like horizontal bars to a cage. Her blue funk was abruptly interrupted as a long-range sensor bleeped for attention.

Quickly, she sat up, and let her fingers dance upon her control panel. The monitors promptly obliged her by showing her an incredible sight:

Behind her and fast disappearing among the starstreaks was... an escapepod?

She quickly slowed to sublight, and hailed the pod.

"Heaven's Forbiddance here; do you need assistance?"

Leaving the connection open for reply, she settled down for a short wait.

I'll help if they need it, but I sure can't hang around here forever, she thought to herself as the seconds began lengthening into minutes.

((OOC: Minna Manth continues her quest, in Tigers Walk by Night in the "Empire/New Republic" forums, thank you.))

[ 08-25-2004 05:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 08-28-2004 08:37 PM    
Shawn didn’t react to Nefrai Kesh’s challenge; in fact, he didn’t move so much as a muscle as the humanoid Kesh roared his seemingly meaningless challenges. For while Kesh was busy with such things, Shawn’s eye had caught the glimpse of an electrical spark from the ceiling where Kesh had burst into the room. That spark, before Kesh –or anyone else for that matter--could so much as react to it, suddenly blazed into the blue-white flames of an electrical fire which made immediate contact with Kesh. His appearance almost immediately turned into a strange gaseous-like substance.

Instinctively, Shawn yelled to the crewmen behind him as the fire continued to spread. ”Move out!”

Without any hesitation, the crewmen responded, and Shawn backed out of the now-blazing room after everyone else had cleared. As the dining hall doors slid to a close, Shawn reached for the commlink Garrision had given to him. He barely looked at it as he punched a button which would connect him directly with the Hornett’s maintanence staff.

“This is Shawn Petrolu. I need you to reverse the ship’s ventilation system and direct it into a single cargo hold which has its Force-field lifted, then send a request to engineering to plot a hyperspace jump out of here and then wait for Commander GArrison's mark to implement it; I will speak with him. This is imperative and must be done immediately since is it the key to getting rid of the menace which has been so wrecklessly harming the Hornett and those aboard. There is no time to explain further...but is this plausible?”

[ 08-28-2004 08:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Terrin's Crew

posted 08-28-2004 08:40 PM    
Pursing his lips, wondering just what the Jedi had in mind, the head of maintanence nodded. “It can be done, and I’m on it,” he stated.

Working quickly then, he sent the order to his crewmen, who immediately acted upon it. As a gust of wind swept through the Hornett, the head of maintenance held down any paperwork which had been laying atop his work console...

...and contacted engineering, requesting the hyperspace jump to be calculated for when the Jedi said the word go. Whatever the Jedi had in mind, it must involved sucking something out of that dining hall and into the vast vaccuum of space. And after all the devestation which had been so suddenly created on the Hornett, the head of security sure hoped it worked...

Shawn Petrolu

posted 08-28-2004 08:45 PM    
Even as the environment outside of the dining hall became extremely breezy, Shawn stood firm, and stretched his senses out into the room in front of him. Even as he did so, he could sense the now-gaseous Nefrai Kesh “moving out” and into the ventilation system. Knowing this would land Kesh into the cargo hold where the ventilation system was now directing all of its output, Shawn also was aware that this would in turn cause Kesh to be sucked into the vacuum of space, thus placing him in a frozen state. Shawn waited a few moments until he sensed that Kesh’s dark spirit was no longer aboard the Hornett...

...then reached for his commlink once more. “Commander Garrison, this is Jedi Petrolu. Engineering has prepared a hyperspace jump at my request. Please clear the mark immediately, we must get out of here if we are to get rid of our menance, and now. I will explain in due time, you have my word.”

Taylor Garrison

posted 08-28-2004 08:49 PM    
Taylor blinked in surprise as Shawn's request came across his commlink, but he knew from the tone of the Jedi's words that this was serious. He had wondered just what was going on with the ventilation system as the air kicked up all around him...

...but he dismissed it as the seeming urgency of the situation slammed home. He thumbed the frequency for engineering on his commlink.

"Engineering, this is Commander Garrison. Are hyperspace coordinates plotted?"

A pause. "Yes sir."

"Jump on my mark. 3, 2, 1, mark."

Almost immediately, the Hornett slid gracefully into hyperspace, leaving the gaseous Nefrai Kesh behind, frozen in the vaccum of space. Only then did Taylor punch in Shawn's comm frequency once more.

"Petrolu--what the Hell has been going on?"

[ 08-28-2004 09:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taylor Garrison ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 08-28-2004 09:06 PM    
An interesting ploy. So they have become more cunning than usual. But this time, I suppose, I shall not wait. He thought this as his gasteous being retook form.

But why was he not being drawn back into his home? What had occured and changed this.

Suddenly, he felt himself gripped by the cold of space, and immediately began to counter act. He reshaped slightly, and soon found himself comfortable again. But what is it that I do now? The ship is gone, and-

His thought was cut short by a strange heat. He turned, and was nearly horrified to notice that he was beginning to experience a burning sensation.

He turned, and saw two craft, one looked like an escape pod, the other was a craft. It's my only hope.

He reached out and grabbed onto the escapepod as it was pulled forwards. I can't risk confrontationt this time... He thought as it drew closer.

(((Nefrai Kesh latches onto, Tigers walk by Night....)))

[ 09-01-2004 09:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

Dashawn E'bnnwing

posted 09-03-2004 07:29 AM    
Dashawn had followed beside Shawn throughout the voyage against this weird fiend that he found to be quite confusing, as he did most things in this time. He was hoping that after this conversation on the comm. that he'd have some sort of conversation with the Jedi who had clearly done his part in saving the crewmen from certian fall to death.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 09-07-2004 06:20 PM    
Shawn pursed his lips at Garrison's query, keenly aware that the man with the lightsaber was still with him.

Who the heck was this guy anyway? And what was he doing on the Hornett?

"I'll meet you in your office and let you know all that's been going on," Shawn finally replied to Taylor, "But the long and the short of it is that the creature which has been plaguing the Hornett--Nefrai Kesh--is gone for at least the moment. Anyway, I'll be at your office in about five standard minutes, if this is acceptable."

"Yes it is," replied Taylor. "Garrison out."

Hearing this, Shawn replaced the commlink on his belt and turned to Dashawn, his greeny-blues meeting the other man's eyes directly.

"My meeting with the Commander will be a private one," he started out with, "But I would also like a word with you, as I sense you would also like to speak with me," he continued, immediately sensing the other's disappointment at the possibility of being left behind. "I'd very much like to know who you are, and where you came from. After all," Shawn observed, "There are a very small few aside from Jedi who have lightsabers...

...let alone are there those who can actually use one."

Quieting for a moment at that, Shawn let this statement hang in the air, allowing the weight of it to fall as well. Then, "I will be in the Green Level dining hall as soon as I finish speaking with the Commander...meet me there. But for now I must be on my way."

Nodding politely to the other man at that, Shawn then departed to meet with Taylor, all the while wondering just who in fact it was that he had left behind.

Dashawn E'bnnwing

posted 09-08-2004 07:52 AM    
A smile crept its way onto his normally calm features as the man walked off to his afairs. It was suprising to even him how he was excited about the new encounter and speaking. The expectations of meeting a real Jedi had been long due for him and now that it was becoming a figment of reality it was alot to bare in just one moment.

So, as he had come to develop as a habit, he sat down, crossing his legs and readied himself for meditation. He had learned this back during his training to become a Stormtrooper when he had run into one of Darth Vaders closest underlings. At the time Dashawn didn't understand the powers of the man, but the Force-wielder had held some understanding of the Jedi and their teachings from what Darth Vader had taught him so the man passed it on to Dashawn.

At the time, he wasn't clear why, but as the years passed he learned the truth about the person. It was clear that this man understand the Force in Dashawn, but also that he wanted to past the legacy of his understanding of it to another, for the man was sick. The thought of the man on his death bed was a sickening sight to see and it came back everytime he tried to meditate.

Yet, he came back for more when he wanted to calm his nerves, for that what was told to him by the man. Even through he tried to pierce through the exterior of the blocking thoughts of the Force-wielders death as he sat there, like many times before, he was still puzzled about what had escaped during the combat back there.

However, this all seemed to slither away into another realm like a snake under a rock as he washed himself of the troubles. He slowly, instead of piercing, let the painful thoughts of the once mentor's death go away and new encountering become just a fragment of the numerous memories he held in his somewhat short lifetime.

Nothingness stood within him and a calmness he had rarely arrived at appeared once again on his exterior, while his lightsaber floated ahead of him. It twirled and twisted as his mind strained to keep its focus on nothing. The whole idea of it was mind-boggling to even truly grasp, but he had managed through training to reach some height of it. However, it rarely last and like all the previous times, moments passed and it went away.

He waited there though, still in his meditative seating with his eyes closed and now focused on the Force and the times ahead.

Minna Manth

posted 09-09-2004 07:16 PM    
((OOC: Coming in from Tigers Walk by Night, this date, in the "Empire/New Republic" forums, thank you.))

"Hornett, this is Heaven's Forbiddance. I have encountered an escapepod, not far from your position; I have taken it with me to my first destination.

"It refuses to respond to hails, and there seems to be a weird coating on it. So if you respond to this, and come for it, please be careful.

"I don't know where the hell it came from to begin with-- but I am squirting coordinates to you.

"Heaven's Forbiddance, out."

Taylor Garrison

posted 09-11-2004 05:46 PM    
Taylor Garrison was just entering his office when he noticed a couple of buttons on his comm unit were blinking, indicating that new messages had been recieved. Crossing over behind his desk, Taylor took a seat and hit the button in order to listen to the messages.

As the first message played, Taylor received the report concerning Loban Kenobi and the stolen escape pod. Taylor made a note to himself to have his crewmen try and recover the escape pod as the second message decrypted. When it did, Minna Manth's comm played, Taylor could only sit back wondering if the coordinates she had just transferred belonged to the missing escape pod which Loban Kenobi had taken. Perhaps it was a coincidence, but...

Reaching for his comm unit, Taylor sent a brief reply to Manth.

Forbiddance this is Hornett. Your message has been recieved, and will be acted upon shortly. I will send a crew out to check on and retreive it, but your warning is also noted and will be taken into utmost consideration.

He paused at this, frowning. Wonder what the hell is wrong with the pod...

Then, to Minna once more. I am also sending you new coordinates for the Hornett. Circumstances have forced us to jump to hyperspace, however our new location should be well within your reach in the allotted time span which you have. This is Commander Garrison, Hornett out.

Knowing that the message was recorded and ready to be sent, Taylor pressed another comm switch. "Communications, when we revert to realspace within the hour, see to it that the message I am transferring to you is encrypted and sent to this comm frequency along with the coordinates to our current destination," he ordered, giving them the frequency for the Forbiddance.

"Yes sir," came a crisp reply over the comm frequency.

"Thank you...and Garrison out."

Transferring the message then, Taylor closed out the comm frequency and sat back, still waiting for Shawn Petrolu's arrival...

...and wondering just how he should have his crewmen approach the mysterious escape pod which Manth had found.

[ 09-11-2004 05:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taylor Garrison ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 09-15-2004 01:53 AM    
Shawn wasted no time getting to Taylor Garrison's office, nor did he waste any time on then filling him in on all of the events which had occurred with Nefrai Kesh...

...including the specific details as to how he was eventually removed from the Hornett. Taylor took this all in with the deepest interest...

...but Shawn wasn't through with just the information concerning Kesh.

"It has also come to my attention," he continued over a cup of Alderaanian hot tea, "That you seem to have a Force user within your janitorial staff. Were you aware of this?"

Taylor Garrison

posted 09-15-2004 02:00 AM    
Taylor's eyebrow shot up, and he lowered his own cup of tea. "No, I was not aware of such things. Perhaps the captain is but I can't imagine it...

...after all, why would a force user be lurking in our maintainence staff. I'm assuming you are going to follow-up on this person in the Captain's absence?"

The Jedi nodded.

"Very good," he said. Then, "And speaking of Force-users, a certain Loban Kenobi, who has been comatose in our medwing for around a year, has awoken and broken free of the medwing in a rage, injuring several security staff and stealing an escape pod. Only a little time after this particular incident, the bounty hunter who is out looking for our antidote for Captain Barnes recovered an escape pod not far from our position...

...but something appears to be wrong with the pod, and the hunter says there is some sort of strange coating on it. What do you make of this...?"

Shawn Petrolu

posted 09-15-2004 02:11 AM    
Shawn was troubled by the news of what had befallen Loban Kenobi since the time he had last seen him...

...but he was even more troubled with the news concerning the strange coating on the outside of the pod he was possibly in. He made no outward show of this concern, however...

...at least, not initially.

"A strange coating?" he repeated. "I'll tell you what it sounds like. Remember I told you of my theory that Kesh, once turned into a gas and pumped off the Hornett, would remain in a frozen gaseous state within the vacuum of space?"

The Commander nodded, seeming both intrigued and somewhat more concerned.

"If that pod was out there when he was dumped off this ship, perhaps he somehow adhered to it, hoping to save himself. I could be wrong about this, but I have to wonder about it, and even more, I have to admit I'm highly concerned about the welfare of Kenobi. After all, if Kesh is somehow on that pod of his, who knows what might happen. We're going to have to take a look at that pod for ourselves, and we best do it with the greatest of cautions. I know you probably intended to send only a team out for the pod, as would be costumary...

but Commander, I have to ask you this now. How willing are you to take my suggestion to change courses at the risk of dealing with the senseless destruction of Nefrai Kesh once again?"

Taylor Garrison

posted 09-15-2004 02:22 AM    
Taylor sat back, pursing his lips. Then, "Well, I suppose in all wisdom it is the best thing to do. After all, the Hornett stands a much greater chance of holding up against Kesh as opposed to any small team I could send for the pod. And aside from that, even if the coating is not related to this Kesh it could be several other major problems a smaller team might not be able to handle."

Taylor sighed then firmed. "I suppose this was inevitable from the time I listened to the hunter's message about the pod."

With that, he reached for his communit. "Engineering, I am now sending you coordinates which I want you to add ten degrees to in each direction then immediately plot as our new destination." Even as Taylor said the words he reached for the console on his desk, typing in the coordinates Manth had given him and sending them off to his engineering team.

"Yes sir," came engineering's reply, even as Taylor felt the Hornett drop into realspace once more. "Coordinates received into the navcomputer. Change in course upcoming in thirty seconds."

"Thank you, engineering. I will notify you if there is any further change. Garrison out."

Closing this connection, Taylor then keyed in another frequency, connecting with Minna Manth.

Forbiddance, this is Hornett. I have decided to bring my entire ship out to the site where you have left the escape pod, but we will be ten degrees out on both the x and y axis from the pod's actual location for our safety. Just wanted to keep you updated, and I will continue to do so if there is any further change. Hornett out.

Then he looked to Shawn once more. "So you trapped Kesh by making him turn to a gas then pumping him into the vacuum of space?" he queried, pondering. "This is risky, but I think I just might have something to keep him in his place..."

Even as these words came from Taylor's lips, he could feel the smooth glide of the Hornett from realspace to hyperspace once more...

[ 09-15-2004 02:31 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taylor Garrison ]

Taylor Garrison

posted 09-22-2004 03:18 AM    
(((OCC: Follow Taylor and the Hornett to Tigers Walk by Night in this same forum, thank you.)))