my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » Tomorrow Never Comes (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tomorrow Never Comes
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 05-18-2003 04:57 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The freighter made a short and graceful arc, seemingly heading up toward the blockade which wrapped the glittering Coruscant in it's energetic web... but instead of obtaining the escape velocity necessary it merely looped back toward its point of origin. It's engines rumbling and muttering, aching to be off into the void and away from such mundane things as gravity, the freighter came to a trembling planetfall once again, not far from where the Captain of the Reborn waited with Shawn and Paul and Lumbia.

Inside the confines of coach class travelers, a Reborn was in the process of lowering his arm, his comm-link fading from in-use to shut-off. He rose to his feet, nodding to his companion, then in a motion both swift and unstoppable grasped the Squib by his furry blue arm.

"Orders are orders... sir," he said evenly. "And they are to see that you depart Coruscant with those you arrived here with."

With no other word spoken but those the Reborn ushered the squeaking Squib from the freighter, pausing en route to gather up his two mechanical compatriots. They marched down the gangway and onto the duracrete of the space port; one of the Reborn lifted his hand in greeting to the others who waited in the distance.

Then with no further ado they joined the party of waiting Reborn and Jedi, the thunder of the freighter as it was finally allowed to blast off ringing hotly in their ears.

[ 05-18-2003 05:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-18-2003 06:32 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia sat tiredly on the luxurious couch, his head held down toward the open space between his legs. His eyes were closed, as his thoughts continued to jumble as he searched for a question. Something that could spark a conversation in the suddenly dull ship. Finally coming to a conclusion from all the ideas, he quickly stood, heading toward the cockpit where the elder Jedi sat, heading toward the blockade.

"Shawn--", Lumbia began, taking a seat between the two Jedi before he continued on. "Since he agreed to place the Jedi Praxuem on Tattoine, do you think he will create a blockade on Illum? Since that is a source for lightsaber construction."

Waiting for a response as he scanned over the controls, meanwhile Paul concentrated on getting through the blockade without crashing.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Romanus

Member # 439

posted 05-18-2003 06:36 PM     Profile for Romanus   Author's Homepage   Email Romanus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well, here goes nothing.

Romanus sat back as the stars morphed into a tunnel. The ship shook as it jumped into hyperspace...

The hunter closed his eyes and, finally, was able to get some sleep. As his conscious began to slip under, Romanus heard familiar voices from his past, signalling the beginning of a dream...or a nightmare...

"The Empire's cancelling Project Resurrection. Lord Desaan is moving funds to the Reborn project."

"They can't do that! We've worked on the clones for years now!"

"There's nothing we can do..."

"...Yes there is. Quickly, shut down the security system..."

((Follow Romanus to The Point of No Return in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple Forum))

[ 05-18-2003 06:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Romanus ]

--------------------

"I'm the Ghost of Christmas Past...why don't you dance with a man for a change?" -Russell Crowe, before he beats the crap out of someone, in LA Confidential

Posts: 73 | From: In a hotel room above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley... | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Paul Arrakeen

Member # 319

posted 05-18-2003 06:51 PM     Profile for Paul Arrakeen   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Arrakeen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Possibly." Paul finally spoke, still looking ahead and piloting the ship through the blockade. "I'm sure the General is aware of how important Illum is to the Jedi. He'll send ships to "protect" it from intruders..."

"But first things first. We need to make this announcement to every Jedi in the galaxy, and let them know there is hope for us on Tatooine." At that, Paul switched on the ship's comm.

He waited until the name ISSD Catalytic appeared on one of the monitors on the control board. "This is Paul Arrakeen, I'm carrying a group of passenger to Tatooine. I have orders from General Tarnus..."

--------------------

"I'm tired of talking, Fuchs. I just want to go up to my shack and get drunk." -The Thing

Posts: 60 | From: The Pit of Eternal Despair | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-18-2003 07:13 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia suddenly intruded, but in a whispering voice. Motioning to Paul's ear, he curiously questioned, while Lumbia's eyes were directed at the blockade before him.

"How are we going to report it to everyone in the galaxy? We'd need to be broadcast all over the galaxy to do that." He said, leaning back in his seat to ponder an answer to his own question.

It had become suddenly clear after minutes of contemplation. Their would have to be someone, if Paul and Shawn didn't broadcast it, to taken missions to sectors and do the job. If not that, the only other alternative was the help of the Empire, which wouldn't fit right. They were beginning to ask too many favors from the government, which would never be the way of the Jedi. Politics were poision to all walks of life in this galaxy and whether the Force was strong in a Jedi, they couldn't defend politics.

"Hmm, Shawn--I wouldn't mind you awnsering this question either. I have made up ways of getting around broadcasting, if we don't do that, but I'd like your wisdom."

[ 05-18-2003 07:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 05-18-2003 08:28 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn turned to Paul and Lumbia, his usually calm look entirely stern. "Well first of all no, I don't think Tarnus will blockade Ilium. He's good to his word and I don't sense the slightest deception from him whatsoever; there is no call for either of you to be suspicious of what is clearly not so."

Quieting for a moment, Shawn let his greeny-blue eyes go back and forth between Lumbia and Paul. "Secondly, I think before we talk about how to let all possible Jedi in the galaxy know of the rebuilding of the Praxeum, we'd better survey Tatooine, see what shape the planet is in, and evaluation what structures we might be able to use for a base, at least in the beginning. And I see absolutely no reason why we can't broadcast the Jedi Praxeum via the Holonet or even perhaps with the Empire's assistance...

...you act as though they didn't give us the permission themselves to restart it."

Shawn frowned a moment at that, then his look turned utterly calm once more, though somewhat vague as the images of his vision began wandering to the forefront of his mind once more. "You can mark my words on this, I fully believe the Empire is the least of our worries..."

[ 05-18-2003 08:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.19.233.77
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-18-2003 08:47 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbis lips curved into a frown, with his eyes holding a gaze of curiosity. Confusion seemed to flood his mind for a matter of minutes, not allowing him to even create a question to clear it. After those puzzled moments drifted away with a blow of questioning, he triggered those immeditately.

"Then who," He began, his voice projected in a bit of an agitated tone. "Who would it be that could actually care about little ol' us?"

It was something to ponder though, whether he believed their was an adversary out there or not. Lumbia knew from his own expirences that others were always out there, that hated you. Someone that actually cared mainly if you lived, but not in the loving way. He was once one of those people, who cared if everyone in the galaxy lived. It was the fact that he didn't want them to live that made him one with the dark side.

It took struggle to get away from the dark side and it seemed to only continue on within his emotions forever.

"Someone such as a Dark Jedi," He asked, his voiced contorted to be in a more casual tone, though his words seemed much more powerful then his tone let on.

[ 05-18-2003 08:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Paul Arrakeen

Member # 319

posted 05-21-2003 05:40 PM     Profile for Paul Arrakeen   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Arrakeen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul sighed, slightly agitated by the Jedi's response. It had been a long day, and he looked forward to meditating again soon.

"My apologies Master Petrolu. It has been a while since I trusted the Empire with anything..." he said, still looking ahead.

Though you are right...the Empire are the least of our worries. Perhaps I should talk to Lumbia about the Sith as well? Paul thought, directing it to Shawn.

--------------------

"I'm tired of talking, Fuchs. I just want to go up to my shack and get drunk." -The Thing

Posts: 60 | From: The Pit of Eternal Despair | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 05-23-2003 07:29 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: From Searching for Facts in the "CSWU" forums, thank you....))

The sole Imperial dreadnought, Todthund, hovered just beyond the edge of sensor range of the Obra-skai system. Instead, it's eyes and ears were maintained by a small and barely perceptible recon droid it had launched into a polar geo-synchronous orbit of that planet. The little droid, picking up the incoming ship, snipped off an obedient and highly compressed blip to it's Masters, informing them that one ship was entering the system. Then it quieted, tuning it's electronic senses toward the ship Ruhatt and Ken were in, and waited to see if any other newcomers would arrive.

And when the second ship came arrowing in on the heels of the first, it sent off that information to it's command center as well....

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 05-23-2003 07:39 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The incoming message chime stopped me in mid-step as I headed toward the door to my ready room. I had just finalized the quick appropriation of a Rhyloth-bound freighter, holding it in its docking bay until the Twi'lek was able board her. Thoughts of a nice, long bask in the 'fresher, followed with a drop of Walkn'Fall evaporated at the musical note; turning from the departing Twi'lek I frowned. Then I sighed behind my helmet, and finally lifted it to wipe a hand tiredly across my face.

It never rains but it pours, isn't that right, Hunter?

My hand came down on my desktop already fisted, initiating a return communication to Captain Jissel of the Todthund.

"Thank you, my friend," I said, now all icy cool and calm and collected once again. "Please move your ship into closer proximity and keep an eye on things, would you? While that system isn't really of the greatest importance, it should still be... monitored... in case something would occur that would demand our assistance.

"Lt. General Tarnus, out."

Then I headed out, looking forward to a small vacation....

[ 05-23-2003 09:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-23-2003 08:08 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
When the conversation between the clearance guard and Paul, the pilot of the freight ship, they exited through an opening in the blockade. Heading quickly out the atomsphere and into the void of stars, it rested for a second. The engines roaring through time and space, as it beckoned it's captian for speed.

It was soon after that it got it's wishes, with it going into hyperdrive. The stars become blurs of light, reaching back to grasp the back of the freight to hold on, but never managing to do so. It was a ride smooth and nice, with everyone having the chance to rest.

"So, Master Arrakeen, I have a weird feeling that you have something to tell me. What is it?"

((OOC: Head off to Jedi Praxuem/Sith Temple forum where you'll watch as the Jedi Praxuem is to be rebuilt on Tattoinie))

[ 05-23-2003 08:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 05-23-2003 09:05 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Excuse Lt. General Tarnus as he relieves himself from his duties until reappearing in a thread to be named later, thank you...

Lt. General Tarnus leaps back into action in Down The Rabbit Hole in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you!))

[ 09-10-2003 12:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05