my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » Tomorrow Never Comes (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tomorrow Never Comes
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-23-2003 10:24 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia was shocked by the very setence, though sort, it held remarkable power. The fight and struggle caused by the youngling seemed to be meangless and for a cause that would never help at all, but these words gave him hope. When darkness shined over the just the comment of a Jedi, and the mystical presence of one, it would only be repelled by the new idea of a Jedi Praxuem.

A smile came to hsi face, but his curiousty had only taken his snack when the lift came to a slow stop on the hangar level. The youth's eyes back to directing to the green-blue eyed Jedi.

"So, why did either of you choose to place the Jedi Praxuem on the planet of Tattonie?" The brown haired boy began, his voice as curious as ever.

"Was it that their has no rule, and it isn't going to be much population soon on it, or what?" The boy paused for a matter of seconds, his eyes drifting once more to find the question he had lost during his statement. "Also, how was Mr.Tarnus so persuaded to even give you a feel he'd think about it?"

[ 04-23-2003 10:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 04-23-2003 10:41 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"The low population and lack of a government plays a major part, yes," Shawn replied. "And as for Lt. General Tarnus, so long as I've known him he's been completely fair in his dealings with others. I trust that he will consider the request, and keep in mind both the pros and cons of it. We have to face facts; this is not the Empire as it once was, and its leaders are not like Palpatine and his lackies. We can't judge them just based on the fact that they call themselves "the Empire."

Shawn paused at that then, his greeny-blues watching Lumbia's reaction to his words with the greatest of interest. "Now tell me, what happened to you back in the Lt. General's office?"

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.154.225.141
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-23-2003 11:22 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia frowned, his eyes falling to the ground as the group exited the lift after it finally stopped. The three men headed down the long hall, it's wide and bright painted colors shining on them along wiht the beauitiful glassed windows on the side. It just showed how great the establishment of the Empire was.

The youngest of the group looked around, trying to brighten his mood that had been grown by the query of the Jedi. Shawn had asked a question that deserved an answer, but the problem was if he was prepared to give him his worthy reply.

His brown eyes drifted off into space even further as he pondered what he would do. The pros and cons of the two straightforward answers known as 'no' and 'yes'. Two things he had to choose from, and after much thought in a quick time he gained his answer.

"You mean the unconscious condition I was put in." Lumbia said as if the topic had yet to be brought up. It was a stalling beginning for a well-meditated answer.

"It was an inward conflict. I don't know really how it affected my consciousness, but it did stress me. The conflict between evil and good, something that brewed on inside of me since the day I choose the path of using the force." The young one reminisince, his eyes slowly becoming slits, letting darkness consume them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You must absorb that anger. Use it as a tool to push out." The words of his Dark Master ran through the barren terrian, while the youth stood motionless with his eyes closed.

It was the item before him that caused him to meditate, and be in the motionless state. He had been attempting to move it, and penetrate it with all he had. To use the force as a weapon that could be beckoned at any time. The force was his slave, and he'd use it as he pleased.

The tool known as the Force was used fluently and currectly, witht he box like item being pushed forward along the tough surface.

"Great, Great...again!" His master screamed, with the training session continuing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The young man shoke his head in despair, but he knew this negative lifestyle pushed him to do better. To grow as a man and help the universe through the work of protecting to peace, or at least trying to....

Standing in the middle of the hangar, the group watched as the speed-cab slowly came down before them. The back seat doors automatically opening for them to enter.

"Shall we?" Lumbia said, with a curtious toned smile on his attractive face. With the genorous gesture the group entered in the back seat of the topless speeder, and entered the traffic of the sky.

[ 04-24-2003 12:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 04-25-2003 10:42 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn merely nodded, all the while keenly listening to Lumbia's words as well as paying attention to the emotions flowing from him. There was something of a darkness there; something of a darkness that seemed to be causing an inward struggle...

Shawn frowned very briefly, then his manner returned to an aura of complete calm as he considered something.

A Force-user with inward conflict so obvious was not the sort to be left to his own devices, no matter how good his intentions might actually be...

"Have you considered what you shall do after this affair is over?" Shawn queried. "If the Praxeum is reestablished, you'd be more than welcome..."

Shawn quieted then, waiting to see just how Lumbia would respond...

...and wondering if Paul would add anything to the conversation.

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.154.225.141
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-25-2003 11:06 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia eyes closed as he tried to muster up a good descion if the Praxuem was reestablished and placed on he desert planet of Tattoine. It was clearly an attractive move, and it would help him tremendously inwardly. A master focusing mainly on him, to provide for him and end the evil vs light conflict taht had raged on for what seemed an eternity. The therapy and teachings of such a lifestyle would be fascinating, but their we're other descions that could be made instead of that one.

If he was to live alone, in the galaxy of enternal darkness and light he would learn from his own mistakes. It would be a learning expirence that would provide for his life, and he would also be in control of his own destiny. The life he would life would be hands-on control, without the supervision of a Jedi Master.

The void of silence after Shawn's statement grew longer, but was broken unexpectedly by the droid who had been driving them during this conversation.

"Excuse me, but would you like to tell me where you want me to stop."

The youngest of the group quickly blurted out, as if the long thought of the other subject seemed to be shifted at light speed to the topic of their stop.

"Yes I would like to tell you. Stop at the closest restuarant to where we are stationed as of now." The conflicted one ended, his eyes drifting back over to Shawn, with a curtious smile on his face. "I have a response to your comment." He said in such a way that another statement would come after, but their was none.

Not even an utter..

It was a weird silence that could have made the idea of seeing the air around them less akward. This silence though didn't last very long, for the youngling began once again, his tone firm but gentle.

"I know I would go the Jedi Praxuem if it was reconstructed and I was welcomed as you said." At the end of statement the speeder came to a gradual stop. When it did finally stop, the three were able to see the beautifully constructed three story high restuarant.

"The credits?" The droid said.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 04-25-2003 11:20 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn let a trace of a smile cross his lips before he then turned a serious look to the droid, who was asking for payment.

He supposed this was where the guest service of the Empire was going to end. This could be a problem...

Shawn directed a greeny-blue gaze to Lumbia once more. "Might you happen to have some credits to pay for the speed-car trip? I'm afraid that, as a Jedi, I haven't anything to offer as payment..."

Then he glanced to the resturaunt in front of them.

Haven't got anything to pay for THAT either...

Glancing back to Lumbia, the waiting droid, and the very quiet Paul Arrakeen, Shawn then fell silent, hoping someone could pay for their ride...

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-25-2003 11:49 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia shrugged his shoulder as a reply, his head shifting side to side, searching for something that could help them in this troublesome situation.

[ 04-26-2003 06:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Lanlif Berayen

Member # 454

posted 04-26-2003 06:01 PM     Profile for Lanlif Berayen   Author's Homepage   Email Lanlif Berayen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The blue furred creature watched with extreme curiosity. It's large doe eyes taken in every element of the finicial altercation. It had grown more clear that neither one of the robed group had any credits to swing a fist at and even less ideas to get it. Finally the creatures curiosity reached it's peak and he began a long march to the speedcar. Crossing its arms before the front of the car, the shadow from the 1.4 metered creature imposed fear on the Condutriod.

Heading along the left rim of the car, it came to the front seat where the droid sat frantically. Barely staring down on the droid, it began with his statement after he cleared it's throat.

"Excuse me, I have a bargain for you." It's masculine voice exposd him to be a male, and his features were that only homed by a Squib. During the blue furred Squib's pause he reached into his bag, taking out a few droid parts.

"Take this and the robed men your driving can go." He paused again, giving the men in the back a genorous wink. Placing his furry hands against the car, he began once again. "So, what will it be?"

The droid at first replied with startle look as if he had just seen a Rancor. It was probably the fear of the blaster that was seen on the Squib's belt, but none the less the droid grabbed the parts and opened the doors.

"Good, now scram." He ended, taking advantage of his intimidation. Laughing as he watched the speedcar race into traffic at full speed before he took a look over the robe men that had stepped out of the car.

"So, who are you guys?" He paused for a second, before he said humorously, "Jedi?"

[ 04-26-2003 06:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Lanlif Berayen ]

--------------------

"I hate how life changes all the time.." -Lanlif

Posts: 42 | From: In space... | Registered: Apr 2003  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Kiara

Member # 436

posted 04-26-2003 07:26 PM     Profile for Kiara   Author's Homepage   Email Kiara     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Is there somewhere you wish to go...?

The question rang throughout Kia'ra's brain as she wondered precisely that. Where was she going? In all honesty...

...she simply didn't know. Not yet. But as a guest of the Empire, she had some time to actually think about this...

"Actually," she said then, her indigo eyes not quite meeting those of the Reborn, "I'd like to go somewhere to get a little something to eat and drink. Somewhere...

...quiet...

...or at least, not in the center of Coruscant social life. Is there such a place?" she queried then, waiting to see just what the Reborn gaurd would reply to her.

--------------------

A kiss may be grand but it won't pay the rental...

Posts: 42 | From: wherever the credits fall | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.154.225.141
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 04-26-2003 08:15 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although they had already come to a halt, the Reborn seemed to somehow pause at K'iara's softly spoken query, their vision growing momentarily vague as their eyes turned inward. It was as if they had a list of appropriate behavioral responses implanted within them, and were "programmed" as such to respond with some degree of autonomy.

If, that is, the question in mind had been preconsidered, and orders given in reply.

After a bit they jerked their heads; the squad leader turned toward K'iara with a politely cold little smile planted on his face.

"This way, Miss," he said briefly, his one hand held out stiffly to jab in the desired direction in which they now needed to travel. The Twi'lek's deep indigo eyes seemed just a touch wider as she smiled back and stepped forth, once again ensconced within a "box" of retentive Reborn guards.

They seemed to march up one corridor and down another for an hour, taking byways and walkways and lifts and once a short-range shuttle; however at length the appointments about them seemed to change from the austerely militant to the frankly opulent, and they finally came to a halt before a pair of richly gold double doors. A small placard imbedded into the wall beside them quietly proclaimed, "Red Carpet Room."

The squad leader made a short bow, then palmed a hidden switch. The double doors promptly slid open to reveal a poshly furnished dining establishment, clearly one not intended for the hoi palloi. Several mutely garbed Imperials were scattered about with their significant others, partaking of exotic foods and drink. Yet the tables were so cleverly placed that the place seemed to be entirely empty.

The squad leader merely bowed again, and waved his one hand.

"Here is the finest cuisine we have to offer our guests, Miss," he profferred unexpectedly. "The food is exquisite, the decor sublime, and you will not find anyone coming to bother you here.

"Please, as our guest, enjoy."

With that he straightened up, his eyes suddenly growing dark and robotic as he whirled in tandem with another of his group, to take a position against one side of the double set of doors. On the other side the remaining two Reborn mirrored the act, as all quietly took up sentry until their charge finished with the business of her dining pleasure.

[ 04-26-2003 08:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 209.255.158.163
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 04-26-2003 09:56 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn simply regarded the Squib, his facial expression not shifting one iota. "Thank you for your... assistance," he finally said quietly, calmly. "And yes, we are Jedi."

Saying no more than that, Shawn kept his greeny-blue eyes pinned on the Squib for another moment before turning towards the resturaunt. "Unless the Empire is gonna pay for this," he commented lightly to his companions, "I think we're gonna be washing dishes after we eat..."

[ 04-26-2003 10:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Lanlif Berayen

Member # 454

posted 04-26-2003 10:11 PM     Profile for Lanlif Berayen   Author's Homepage   Email Lanlif Berayen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"No!" Lanlif frantically said, his muzzled noised pushed out further to emphasis the word. Backing up a bit, he cleared his voice, establishing a more mannerful way in saying his statement.

"I mean no you won't. I'll manage to help you out, since my friend is the owner of the restuarant." The blue furred creature said, with a smile coming to his face. "I'd do anything for you Jedi."

"You know, the Jedi Order protected the Squib's world during the Clone Wars. I'm forever indebt." The Squib said as he headed toward the door. Opening it, he gestured the force users to enter before them.

When they did, he rushed ahead of them, leading the group to the lift. Clicking the coordinates needed for their reservation number into the panel beside them, they slowly were pulled up to the second story.

During their wait in ascending lift, the curious short creature began with his curious query.

"So, why are you guys on Coruscant, and where are you heading after your visit here is over?" He questioned in a smooth, unrushed tone.

[ 04-26-2003 10:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Lanlif Berayen ]

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 10:48 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia laughed at the sterotypical, yet akward, rodent featured creature. The Squib was clearly curious one, like all the other's Lumbia had meet in his travel around the universe, but he wasn't much of an annoyance. The others Lumbia encountered were unknowingly rude and snoopy. It was a trademark that hand in hand with the Squib race like Obi-Wan and the Clone Wars. The only other thing that seemed to be a natural attribute to their race was their ability to haggle.

They intimidated any foe that came at them when it came to bargaining and everyone knew that. Even the conductroid that was driving them to the restuarant.

Placing his hands behind his back, he gripped tightly upon them, as his eyes closed in contemplation. He wondered how he would reply to the question that the Squib had thrown out, which seemed very outlandish and one that caused the Rogue Jedi to think in more futuristic terms.

They're seemed to be no where to go after this situation, even if the Jedi Praxuem was to be reestablished. It would probably take at least a month to establish any true basis and along with that would be students. He alone couldn't satisfy all the needs of planet or keep it under peace, let alone a whole galaxy.

"Squib, I really don't know. Ask me later.." Lumbia began, but quickly came to a pause with his eyes opening after. "So, could you tell us what your name is?"

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Lanlif Berayen

Member # 454

posted 04-26-2003 10:55 PM     Profile for Lanlif Berayen   Author's Homepage   Email Lanlif Berayen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lanlif was shocked at the idea of the question. It had reminded him that he hadn't even introduce himself, which was always a fundamental in any pilot or smuggling jobs. Even if you were going to lie to your customer, it was a first. The Squib frowned, realizing he was loosing the great touch of being a pilot by the hands of time. He had been drawing himself further and further away from the buisness and it was damaging his personality.

"Oh, sorry..I normally always introduce myself." He began, "My name is Lanlif. Lanlif Berayen."

The Squib began shaking their hands, as he gave every one of them respectful nods and smiles.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. From what planet are you from?" He asked as he backed up, only to hit the door as it slowly opened. Falling forward, he nearly stummbled over his own feet, but even without that he fell flat on his back.

Slowly gaining his feet, he laughed at the humorous mistake.

"So, I ask again--From what planet are you from?" He asked again as he lead them to the table that he had reserved from the beginning of their lifting.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 10:58 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia gave him a genorous smile, as he placed his hands behind his back, venturing toward the reserved table.

"I'm from the planet of Urika."

The Rogue Jedi quickly looked over to the others, with his very eyes beckoning them to reply as well to the curious question of the Squib.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 04-28-2003 09:16 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn smiled amiably at the Squib, yet his eyes were as calm and serene as ever. "I can't say I know all that much about my home-world..."

At that he trailed, the smile fading from his face, his eyes still calm but somehow a bit distant. For a moment he stood that way, then quietly spoke once more. "Enjoy your meal, my friends" he said, "I suddenly feel the need for some quiet meditation. So I bid you a good evening."

With that, Shawn nodded politely to the Squib,then to the others who were with him. Speaking not another word then, he turned on his heel and walked back towards the guest suites they had been given, focusing on the Force to begin ascertaining whatever it might be trying to tell him...

[ 04-28-2003 09:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Paul Arrakeen

Member # 319

posted 04-29-2003 05:29 PM     Profile for Paul Arrakeen   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Arrakeen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul watched Shawn go, figuring that he too should probably meditate as well. It's been weeks since the last time he had the chance...

He glanced at the Squib, only giving half a smile as he answered his question.

"Ah...I'm from Corellia. Before it was taken by the Empire."

There was bit of silence after he said that, then Paul suddenly found his appetite was gone. "Excuse me."

He got up and followed the same path as Shawn to the guest rooms.

I have to keep seeing...I'm running out of time...

--------------------

"I'm tired of talking, Fuchs. I just want to go up to my shack and get drunk." -The Thing

Posts: 60 | From: The Pit of Eternal Despair | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-29-2003 05:39 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia watched as the elders continued to leave, his frown growing every step they took. It was clear this whole outgoing was for all of them to participate in and the feeling of contridiction of that whole concept had been created by their sudden crave of isolation.

"Hmm...Squib, I'd like to ask you a favor, since I can tell what buisness your in." The young Rogue began, his voice clear and procise though his face was complicated by his emotions.

The Squib only nodded, but Lumbia did not see it with his own eyes, for his back was to him. The Rogue was exiting toward the lift, yet he still knew of the nod, implying it by finally speaking.

"Meet me later at the Empire's headquaters. May the force be with you." He ended with a simple waver of his hand and Lumbia vanished along with the descending lift.

Exiting the restuarant, he drifted into the horizion.

[ 04-29-2003 05:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 04-29-2003 05:53 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
To say I was furious didn't even come close to the roiling emotions I held at trembling bay behind my visor.

I'll give the Reborn colonel who passed the news on to me credit for his unflappable demeanor, however; it couldn't have been easy to inform the third in command of the vast Imperial domain that the trooper entrusted with his daughter's life was not only missing...

...but so was his daughter.

I bridled, letting my feelings show only with the clenching of one fist, and it was only with the greatest of efforts that I refrained from hitting something. Not only would that have proven nothing, it would have revealed me to the silent Reborn, and that was something I couldn't afford to do.

Not even if that exposure was due to the fact that my daughter seemed to have entirely disappeared from Coruscant altogether.

At long length I unclenched my fist, rose quietly from the chair in my ready room. The colonel stiffened to attention, and finally ventured, "If there is anything I can offer you, Sir. I will scour the very planet for her, and the traitor as well; should I come upon them--"

I raised my hand in seeming indifference, although my thoughts were filled with stormy ones indeed, all centered around the long demoted Private Edgar and what I had planned for him when he finally showed his face.

He'd be better off facing a herd of stampeding reeks, I mulled in low fury. Then I waved the Colonel into silence.

"Thank you for the information," I said briefly, motioning to the door. The Colonel bowed his head, turned smartly, and left, leaving me to my own thoughts.

Beneath my visor I bit my lip so hard it bled. The taste of my own blood a living entity in my mouth, I came to a conclusion. For while I knew with a certainty what I would do had I been free to follow my own devices, I could not afford myself that luxury. Thus it was I lifted my gauntlet, and quickly dialed in the connection to the hunter, Romanus.

You may have the means to earn those credits you blew after all, my friend....

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Romanus

Member # 439

posted 04-29-2003 07:52 PM     Profile for Romanus   Author's Homepage   Email Romanus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The lights of the apartment flickered on as the switch was pulled at Romanus's bidding. It was rather pointless, considering the switch was right next to the door.

But it was good to flex out his strength in the Force into something different, even if it was as small as turning on the lights. He had spent the past hour trying to block out the prodding of the Reborn squad trailing him, and it was hell to do so while trying to remember the cash he owed the speeder cab driver.

Nonetheless, he lost them, and was finally able to get some sleep. Romanus walked over to his bed and was a fraction of a second away to collapsing on it when his terminal began beeping. The monitor switched on automatically as it received a new transmission.

Better not be another spam holo...

Tired and a little agitated, Romanus yanked out a seat under the terminal and connected to the other end of the sender...

And was greeted by a Mandalorian helmet he was very familiar with.

General...

"Tarnus?!" Romanus shook his head and quickly removed the surprise on his face. "Got another job for me already...?"

--------------------

"I'm the Ghost of Christmas Past...why don't you dance with a man for a change?" -Russell Crowe, before he beats the crap out of someone, in LA Confidential

Posts: 73 | From: In a hotel room above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley... | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Lanlif Berayen

Member # 454

posted 04-29-2003 09:02 PM     Profile for Lanlif Berayen   Author's Homepage   Email Lanlif Berayen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lanlif landed safely with his speeder on the landing platform of the Empire's headquaters as he had been asked earlier that day. The night now held a radiance that could only be felt, but never held in the palm of man.

Or could it..

The closest thing that man had ever held close to the vibrations and the emotions of tranquility where the Jedi. Lanlif knew this so and he also knew that the Jedi had done great things for his people. Protecting it from the destruction that had been caused on so many other planets during the time of the Galatic Civil War.

He as a Squib was very indebt to the Jedi and this was one more favor he was doing not only for his new aquantince, but for his ancestors. The ones that lived on Skor II during the horrible times of the galaxy. When turmoil had reached it's peak in physical, emotional and spirtual for every being, even in the Outer Rim.

The galaxy had changed, but it would never clean every scar that had been created.

He hoped.

Lanlif walked along the shadows of night to the door, two guards staring down at him, puzzled mainly by his arrival. Reaching back into his memory, he tried to capture some information on the Jedi to help him describe his reason of arrival.

"Excuse me, could you escort a black haired fairly tall Jedi out to me or tell him of my arrival." Lanlif began, his hands being placed behind his back as he waited for a response.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-29-2003 09:15 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia sat alone in his quaters. His legs crossed as he set himself in a meditation. The morsel of the Force adept held tension. A unique atomsphere swirling around the room that could be taste if it wasn't for the smell of food that had been delivered to his room earlier. The Jedi felt at ease with himself finally, though war waged on within him. A conflict that had grown less violent every second, which was a day within him.

The warriors growing like all men did, but it wasn't that which made the physical altercation less destructive. It was that the light had conquered the darkness. Light had taken the role of regulator of the field, darkness had become just a trival rebel group rebelling against the government. The head of all it's leaders being chopped off everytime it took a snear.

It was a nice time...a pleasant time

Disturbance!

The Jedi became alert, his body being flung up by instinct. Lumbia searched the area with his force senses, prepared to barrier his body for the reason of this oncoming disturbance.

Then it came to him suddenly, being reminded by the visions of the Squib and the conversation they had earlier that day. It became clear to him that it was a disturbance of alertm not fighting.

"So he is here.."

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 04-29-2003 09:18 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I kept my helmet stone cold frozen, knowing how it looked to Romanus, yet oddly enough not really caring at the moment how he viewed me. What mattered was how I viewed him; he had not done exceptionally well in his last mission -- nothing could make me believe that there was not yet other data chips floating out there somewhere, and the fact that Romanus hadn't brought them to me in their entirety didn't do much toward endearing him to me.

But he had performed flawlessly in the other demands I had of him, and there was something that seemed to flow from him, something I seemed to connect with on a visceral level, something which said there was more to him than what he had shown me thus far. I was willing to give him another chance, knowing that this unseen yet instinctively recognized something would be what it took to bring in the bounty I was about to set him upon.

"My daughter is missing from Coruscant," I began without preamble. "She was last seen in the underworld of Imperial City in the care of Lieutenant Avid Edgar... who at the moment appears to have gone AWOL and is no longer an officer of the Empire."

I paused a moment, watching Romanus carefully, looking for the slightest change in body language which would tell me what he thought of the mission he had to know at this point I was going to demand of him. The man was good; other than the first flash of surprise at receiving my comm, he remained absolutely inscrutable.

I pressed on.

"Her safe arrival back to me is worth one hundred thousand credits, if you should like to take on this particular bounty," I finished, falling silent then in quiet expectation.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Romanus

Member # 439

posted 04-30-2003 07:53 PM     Profile for Romanus   Author's Homepage   Email Romanus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Romanus nodded without hesitation as soon as the last word was passed. His skills were more into killing people than saving them, but Romanus saw the advantage to this if he succeeded.

Rescuing his daughter could open new doors for me in the Empire...

He straightened himself in his seat, easing the weariness from his body. He knew he would have to work immediately. "I'll do it. But there's three things I have to know: One, the last location your Lt. Edgar was at before he disappeared. Two, if you want him dead or alive. And three, the name of your daughter."

"Oh, and if your officer had skipped Coruscant, I'll need a ship as well."

[ 04-30-2003 07:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Romanus ]

--------------------

"I'm the Ghost of Christmas Past...why don't you dance with a man for a change?" -Russell Crowe, before he beats the crap out of someone, in LA Confidential

Posts: 73 | From: In a hotel room above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley... | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 04-30-2003 10:18 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I nodded once, briefly.

"Private Edgar was last seen at a private condominium in the underworld sector of Imperial City, a residence called Blue Asteroid Estates. He was accompanied by a squad of Reborn, whose task was to assist him in keeping my daughter safe. They are still on the site; you may wish to begin by interrogating them."

I typed a rapid succession of coordinates into my gauntlet, and pressed enter, sending the street address of the condo directly to his hard drive. He tilted his own head as the information came in, then raised it to face me squarely once more.

"I have no idea if he has left Coruscant; logic would dictate that he has not, as no vessel bearing anyone with his or my daughter's descriptions have gone off-planet. But so far searches by my Reborn have turned up nothing; as they are extremely thorough in their methodologies, I am led to believe that he has somehow slipped off-planet.

"You are a tracker, Mr. Romanus. In your profession, you must be." I paused, sending a meaningful look his way which I am certain he felt, even through the masking capabilities my visor presented.

"I can give you names of people who may be in association with her. My daughter's name is JhinDarra JhinDarr... Danner," I went on, stumbling slightly over the final surname as I fought down growing ire. "She is my daughter by Galen JhinDarr, who married Terrin Danner of Eagle Enterprises. For all I know they have kidnapped her, and have killed Private Edgar in the process."

I paused a moment longer, waiting as he noted down the information. When he looked up again, I continued, albeit with some hesitation.

"Mr. Romanus, my daughter has an aunt, a-- Jharmeen JhinDarr. She--" I paused, reflecting for a moment upon just how much more this hunter needed to know. Then the thought that Darra could somehow have been taken under her aunt's tender auspices prompted me to continue, as unbelievable as what I had to say would now seem.

"This aunt lives on a remote planetary system, the Khar Delban system. There are two planets orbiting a red dwarf sun... the sister planet is known in ancient history as K'eel Doba." I paused. "In ancient Sith history.

"Mr. Romanus, should your investigations take you there, you must be more than wary. There are strange... powers this woman wields... as well as verification that the Sith population has been returned to life in the galaxy, after being annihilated nearly four thousand years ago. Even now I have fleets massing in the vicinity, waiting to see if there should be anything... underhanded afoot in that system. But so far it seems to have remained relatively quiet.

"Of course this information is top secret, and highly confidential."

I paused again, giving Romanus the time I'm sure he needed to assimilate this incredible news. Then I continued smoothly on, as though I had not just dropped the biggest bombshell of modern times into this man's ears.

"There is a highly modified, Class-A infiltrator, the Usurper, which will be waiting for you in IHQ's private spaceport. Here are your identification and clearance codes...."

I rattled off some more numbers, then went on. "I am placing a retaining fee in the amount of ten thousand credits in your account, to be used as you need in your hunt, Mr. Romanus. Whatever you have left of this upon completion is yours in addition to the hundred thousand actual bounty. And should this task be performed not only smoothly but quickly, well... you may find yourself the owner of that infiltrator.

"And as for Pvt. Edgar... well. Suffice it to say rank can be reinstated; he is theoretically innocent until proven guilty. Thus I desire him being returned alive and as hale and whole as possible. But--"

I paused a moment longer, my eyes darkening behind my visor.

"If he gives you any trouble when you find him, don't hesitate to kill him. The safe return of Darra is the priority here, and what you must accomplish to earn your money."

I clipped off that last statement, waited a moment longer, and closed the connection. Then I sat back in my seat, utterly still save for the one hand which remained on my desk, fisting and unfisting, over and over and over....

[ 04-30-2003 10:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05