my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » And The Days Grow Longer.... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: And The Days Grow Longer....
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-20-2002 09:32 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So much had changed since the day before Admiral Actar's cleansing of the New Republic Senate. Support for the Empire, which at one time seemed to be a hopeless dream, had actually grown since their take-over.

Unlike the former Empire, this one had no Emporer. To some, Admiral Actar was the unnamed emporer, to others it was Admiral Swatzi, and still others farther out in the galaxy, it was the Imperial Officers commanding the massive fleets in their sectors.

For the two Admirals, however, it was an unspoken agreement between two long friends, equal power.

Still, each had their own "thing". Admiral Swatzi still preferred to oversee the development of new technologies, and the deployment of such. Whereas Admiral Actar preferred overseeing the entire military force of the Empire. Together, political decisions were made. They met together every day, whether it be in the Central Command HQ deep inside Imperial City, or in one of the high suites, overlooking the giant city-planet.

It was in the middle of one such meeting that Admiral Actar's private comlink went off. He could sense who was contacting him, and felt the reason wasn't one he would enjoy. "Admiral Actar, this is Sorben Tarnus. Galen and I are headed to Coruscant with the baby. If you're good on your promise, we need protection for a while."

It wasn't as bad as he had thought it would be, but certainly wasn't keen on the idea of housing Galen again, not after what happened last time. "Of course I'm good on my promise," Actar stated, "you'll need clearance from the blockade."

Sorben was quick to interupt, "No clearance needed, Admiral, we're in a Sith Ship." That certainly made things a little more agreeable. Actar, and even Swatzi, who was seated across the room listening, had for some time wanted to get their hands on a Sith Ship. "Alright then, you remember where my personal landing pad is? Go there."

[ 10-20-2002 09:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Admiral Actar ]

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 10-21-2002 12:32 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Continues from Shadows of the Mind thread in "Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple" forum, thank you.))

Even a blind jizz wailer in full bore would be able to feel the trepidation screaming out from Galen as she reached out a deceivingly steady hand to close the connection we had made with Admiral Actar. What could I do? I wasn't stupid; in fact I could pretty well imagine what was going on in her head about now. This little gal might be a tough one -- one of the reasons I had fallen for her so quickly, and so strongly -- but even she had her limits. She and the Admiral had tangled on more than one occasion....

I reached out a gaunleted hand of my own and enclosed one of hers in it.

"It's going to be all right, Galen," I tried to assure her, squeezing that hand gently. "You'll see."

She only looked at me, then turned her head to glance at our daughter. Through all the rapidly unfolding brouhaha, JhinDarra had merely grown sleepier and sleepier until she had finally conked out altogether. She now lay snuggled in the comfort of one of the seats this small but deadly craft contained; I drew in a deep breath to see her there, knowing of the sacrifice Galen -- and indeed the others as well -- were making to do what they thought would assure their continued safety. It's not often one is handed a ship one has never even dreamed as existing to begin with, and on a silver platter no less.

I patted Galen's hand again.

"It's about eight hours to Coruscant, babes," I said quietly. "Maybe you ought to get some sleep too."

She just nodded. Then hunkering into her seat, she closed her eyes and proceeded to do precisely that.

I watched her a moment longer before reaching out myself to type in where she had shown me the coordinates to Admiral Actar's private landing pad. Then, still fully enclosed in my Mandalorian armor, I settled in for a little catnap as well.

Some time later....

An alien sort of bleeping wormed its way into a dream I was having, bringing me to alert attention once again. Galen too had awakened, although her eyes weren't quite as bright as I knew they could be.

Wide, yes. But bright and chipper....

I sighed, knowing how all this was weighing on her, then spoke up again. "It will be all right, Babes," I repeated my former assurance. "Trust me."

There was nothing we could do from that point but sit quietly as the enigmatic little ship deftly wove its way through the imposing and deadly blockade Actar had placed about this planet, cutting in and out like a gnat teasing a sleeping rancor. It didn't take long until we found ourselves arrowing through floating landing pads and skyscrapers kilometers tall, whizzed into traffic, and continued on our beeline course to Imperial City to a large and imposing building.

The little ship set itself down as lightly as the last leaf falling in autumn. Then it promptly shut off its systems, making not so much as one muttering growl or hiss as a normal ship would make in venting its excess energies or acclimatizing it's skin to its environment. Not this baby. It just sat down and seemed to go to sleep itself.

I rose and turned to Galen. Her eyes were huge, but she didn't say a word. She merely picked up JhinDarra, then nestled against my armored side, still clothed in her black Sith flightsuit. In this manner, we simply exited the ship to see who would be outside waiting for our arrival.

[ 10-21-2002 12:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-22-2002 11:31 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We crawled forth from the confines of the little Sith ship with me glued to Sorben's side like a granite slug and paused in the bright light of Coruscant's glittering day. I took a look around, my heart in my throat, somehow expecting to see fully armored guards with blasters aimed right at us, no matter what assurances Sorben had tried to give me. Instead we found absolutely nobody.

The tiny little hairs on the back of my neck prickled, and I hugged Darra more tightly against me. "Sorben," I whispered in a small voice. "There's something wrong here; this isn't right." I glanced up to see the thick traffic flying overhead, suddenly feeling very alone and vulnerable, and I shivered.

I couldn't tell if Sorben was frowning behind that T-shaped visor of his or not, but he seemed to tense just the slightest bit. Then he removed his arm from around me, and tapped a wristcomm. His voice came out in a low and barely discernable buzz as he began speaking into it, actually moving away from me a step or two as though seeking more privacy.

Those damned hairs on my neck stood up at absolute attention at that. My eyes widened; he was still talking.

What in Hell's Seven Circles was taking so long? Who was he talking to? One would think his big buddy the esteemed Admiral would have the courtesy to have us met....

This was the straw which broke the ronto's back. Every inner niggle or hunch I had ever had in my life was sitting up screaming at me, warning flags flying, alarms singing. I sidled a bit off toward the ship, took a glance down at Darra, so quiet in my arms. She merely returned that look with a blue-eyed wide one of her own, one which was full of nothing more than implicit trust that her mommy would take care of her.

That did it.

I didn't even stop to think. I just whirled and bolted back to that wonderful little ship sitting in greeny-golden splendor which was trying so hard to look at home here amidst the glitz and glamour of Coruscant and failing no matter how it tried. The fact that I managed to take Sorben completely off-guard--

Hey, you're getting pretty good at this, aren't you Galen ol' girl?

--came to me for the fact that I actually managed to count to three before I heard the squeak of armor behind me, rapidly followed by the sounds of his booted footsteps. But those three seconds were what, as they say, make one pod-racer the winner and the following only second best; I gained the ship, slapped the hatch, leapt inside, and bolted her up just in time to hear his pounding fists on the skin of the door. Or rather, felt the vibrations; this little marvel quite adequately muffled sounds from the outside.

A fact for which I raised my eyes to Khaandon in a hurried prayer of thanks.

Setting Darra in a nearby seat, I threw myself back into navigation and began playing a tune upon the controls. The little ship fired into life in an almost surprised manner, as if to say, "Back so soon?"

"Damn Skippy," I muttered between my teeth, still not really thinking but acting on pure adrenalin as I hit the enable sigil and sat back. Jester IV just shook its head in a mirthful sort of way, and simply leapt for the skies, dodging through traffic and soon thereafter through the blanketing blockade with the ease and grace with which she had come in for a landing. It was only when I had broken through into the clean purity of space and set those glittering stars into hyperdriven smears around us that I sat back with a sigh of relief to analyze my next move. Which was, quite simply--

At first I hadn't a clue. Then inspiration struck.

I knew now I could never go back to Sorben, all feelings aside. The man had given me a second chance, quite astounding in itself for a bounty hunter, actually; I had quite literally taken that and threw it into his face. And I didn't think I could ever go back to my husband after the hurt I knew I had caused him, either. I didn't feel comfortable going back to Phrinnchatka; something inside me quietly closed a particular book I had been reading for far too long regarding my sister. Let her stay there with her Sith and their dream of glory.

But I did know one thing, or at least sensed it with every fiber of my being:

Being under the auspices of Admiral Actar, power or no, was no place for me to be, and certainly no place for my little girl. And sure as there's treasure on Roon it was no place to leave this wonderful little ship laying about.

I drew in a breath, calming down now from that adrenalin burst, suddenly basking in the heady feel of once again being free amidst the stars, a shining ship at my own command. I reached out a steady hand and tapped a final directive into navigation, then sat back with a rueful little wisp of a smile on my lips.

Keep her nose to that particular star, navigator. Second from the left, and straight on til morning.

We howled on through hyperspace, Darra and I, our destination coming closer and closer with every passing second.

[ 10-22-2002 12:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-22-2002 12:55 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow me to The Sky Is Filled With Stars in "CSWU" forum, thank you.))

[ 10-24-2002 02:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-22-2002 04:01 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I knew it. I knew she'd run again. He thought to himself. He had slim hope of her actually staying, not after all of their interactions together. He was happy to offer them protection, but just knew she wouldn't stay.

This time, he wasn't very interested in Galen, or even her baby, as powerful as she was (if anything, he would kill the baby before he let it off Coruscant, to protect himself in the future). His attraction to giving protection this time was the ship. A Sith ship. He had never seen one, never ridden in one, and obviously never pilotted one. He had only heard of them, and their capabilities, and was certain that, given time, the researches and engineers on Ambria could replicate them.

He walked slowly out onto the platform, where Sorben stood, alone. A grin on his face that said, "I knew it."

"No matter how much time you've spent with her Sorben, from my limited interactions with her, I can tell she's better off on her own." He stopped and looked up, she was looooong gone by now. Looking back towards Sorben, "Mr. Tarnus, I have a question for you." He paused, "Have you ever wished that you could settle down on some remote world, with absolutely no worries, and no troubles whatsoever. A life where you could have anything you ever wanted, with absolutely no fears?" He stopped again, pointing his finger in the air, "Bring that ship to me, Sorben Tarnus, and that's the life I'll give you."

--------------------

Anakin

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 10-22-2002 04:26 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had never been so angry with another person in my entire life. In fact, it was all I could do to refrain from yanking off my helmet and throwing it, I was simply that furious with Galen.

She did it to me... AGAIN.

And as if to reiterate those steaming words, a quiet voice I well recognized repeated them silkily in my ears.

She's better off without me? Hell's Seven Circles, Hunter; when are you going to admit it? You're better off without HER.

I stood there literally shaking, trying to get myself calmed down, turning now to the Admiral. A final whistling exhalation of held breath, and his words became clearer, sharper. I tilted my head to him, considering his offer for a bit of time before I finally responded.

"Actually Admiral," I began coolly enough. "No. If the truth were told, I would quite frankly find myself completely bored shoved off onto some remote world like a Twi'lek to a rancor. I've never been the rural type."

I paused; quick flashback to that enigmatic Mandalorian-clad personage who had started me along the long road ending with me being Sorben Tarnus, bounty hunter extraordinaire. I shook off the brief distraction, raising a gauntleted hand to show the Admiral I meant no disrespect.

"I appreciate your offer, sir," I continued. "No disrespect intended, especially now that you appear to be truly laying your cards out on the table. As I said, I'm not one to disappear from the universe, it's not my style. But--"

I let my voice trail off a bit, cocking my head a bit and leveling my T-shaped visor directly into his piercing gaze. Now it was my turn to raise a finger, mimicking his very action.

"But as you know, sir, I'm a bounty hunter by trade. Every mark has its price. I've always enjoyed the good life, I won't lie about that. But I'm no county bumpkin.

"You let me stay here, with you and Admiral Swatzi, remaining topside with you two. I'll be your personal security chief, and liason to all things sith. I've come to find out just a couple things about them which you just might find interesting....

"You two can run the galaxy as you see fit. But take me into your confidence, make me the newest addition in your elite circle of two. You know my loyalties are already with you, Admiral, but you guarantee my position there...

"And you've bought yourself a ship..." The upraised finger now lowered to point directly at him. "...and maybe, just a little bit more."

I fell silent, staring into his face, waiting to hear if he'd go for this or not.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-22-2002 04:54 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That's not a bad offer, he thought to himself. But of course, Galen could get in the way again, unless, "You've fallen for that woman more than once, Sorben." He wasn't sure if this would work or not, but it was worth a shot, "To assure that it won't happen again...kill her. Kill the child as well, without her mother, she's a threat to the entire galaxy. Unless, of course, you wish to take her under your care, she is your daughter as well, and care for her can be arranged here on Coruscant."

The idea seemed like one Sorben, a bounty hunter, would jump at. But Actar sensed deep inside him that feelings still existed, and probably always would, which is why he doubted Sorben would actually kill Galen.

--------------------

Anakin

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 10-22-2002 05:27 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The counter-offer of Admiral Actar's hit me square in the gut. His cold words impacted there like a ball of solid ice, which rapidly exploded outward to literally freeze me into complete immobility.

Although a rather brief immobility; somehow those words didn't surprise me in the least. But even as I began to thaw, an attendant unspoken addendum came creeping insidiously into my brain, hooked more surely to his statement than a ysalamiri to its tree.

He had asked me to kill Galen. And if I refused... did that mean he would simply find another hunter to do the job for him? Or was this a test of my loyalty to him? Or merely something frivolous... although there was something about his demeanor which precluded the latter altogether.

I jolted myself back to find him patiently waiting to hear my reply. That something unspoken continued to pass back and forth between us, finally resolving itself into the simple fact that this was something he had asked of me, and I didn't think I could ever really walk away if I turned him down.

Somehow I didn't think he'd let me.

Not a lick of all this passed through my helmet, although I had a sneaking suspicion he could read my mind before I opened my mouth to answer.

"I hope the care you will provide my daughter here will be exceptional," I muttered through my teeth before falling into a silence that seemed to expand on and on, right along with that continually growing lump of ice in my gut which simply would not go away.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-22-2002 09:54 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Continued from Return to Ground Zero in the Complete Star Wars Universe.

Terrin had been going non-stop from the moment he and Jasyn had headed off the Hornett towards a destination determined by heart alone. This did not mean, however, that his brain wasn’t fully aware of the possible risks this could bring. And after all, Terrin was a sort of a guy who always had a plan; whether it worked out or not was something else entirely.

On the outskirts of the Coruscant blockade, Terrin brought the ZZ’Shzq into orbit and gave the controls over to Jasyn so he could man the comm unit. He dialed in a general comm frequency and prayed like Hell that he wouldn’t simply be shot down the moment his message was recieved.

“This is Captain Terrin Danner of Eagle Enterprises. I would like to speak with Admiral Actar directly concerning a business issue of sorts.”

Business issue?! a shoulder devil piped up. Cute. Real cute.

He quieted at that, somehow knowing the Admiral would reply but not too certain that the reply would be something he would entirely enjoy. Unconsciously he tweaked the shields of the little yacht to make sure they were at maximum efficiency and simply waited.

[ 10-22-2002 09:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.158
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-22-2002 10:47 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
With a large grin on his face, he simply said, "Absolutely, Mr. Tarnus, Absolutely."

"Step inside, I'll have someone show you to the main hanger. You can choose a ship that will suit your needs in finding her. As soon as you return, which I hope will be soon, we'll start our talks of the sith, since you seem to be itching to tell what's happening with them." He put his hand on the back of Sorben and continued walking, almost pushing him inside.

Later......

Now in the command center on Coruscant, Admiral Actar was being alerted to a message recieved from Terrin Danner. "This is Captain Terrin Danner of Eagle Enterprises. I would like to speak with Admiral Actar directly concerning a business issue of sorts."

"He's looking for Galen," He whispered to himself. Aloud, "Give him clearance. Have him land on landing pad A-47-Q. I'll be waiting."

[ 10-22-2002 10:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Admiral Actar ]

--------------------

Anakin

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-22-2002 11:21 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin gulped as the message came through giving him clearance to land on landing pad A-47-Q.

Kriffing hell. This guy wants to NEGOTIATE?! Red flags buddy, red flags.

Then again, he really couldn't expect to do any good if he was up here and Galen and Darra were down there. If they were down there...

Taking a deep breath, he guided his way through the blockade nervously, remembering just how much he really hated anything that had to do with the Empire. After landing in the city he stood, taking a vial of something from his pocket and grimacing at it. He eyed Jasyn, who had a vial of his own. "You are sure we are supposed to drink this stuff?"

Jasyn grinned. "Imagine it is Sith brandy. And remember that once you've downed it Actar won't be able to sense you in the Force for a good day. Isn't it nice that I raise ysalamiri as a hobby?"

Terrin rolled his eyes. "And to think you said they were ugly."

With that they both drank, and Terrin cringed. "Yeah...Just like Sith brandy..."

He gulped, hoping to wash away the flavor of the liquid for the moment it would take to begin working. Then he turned and lead the way off the now powered-down ZZ'Shzq to face an Admiral that was entirely too Imperial for his tastes...

[ 10-22-2002 11:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.158
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-22-2002 11:46 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He walked out onto the landing platform, followed by 6 Imperial Guards. His hand held his coat back, showing his lightsabre. It was obvious he didn't necessarily trust Terrin Danner. And the fact that he couldn't sense him, or his friend, didn't help one bit.

When standing in front of him, he spoke, "Mr. Danner," his eyes dashed to the other man, then back to Terrin, "you're looking for your wife. Come with me, and we'll talk." He turned and walked back in, followed by Terrin, the other man, and then the six guards.

Inside now, in a meeting room, Terrin and his friend sat at one end of a table, and Actar sat at the other. Standing back from the table on Actar's side was Admiral Swatzi, and on the other side of the Admiral, a guard. For most, it would be an intimidating sight.

"You're looking for Galen, Mr. Danner. Well, she's not here. She left only seconds after she arrived. I'll tell you what I told Mr. Tarnus. No matter how much time you've spent with Galen, from the limited interactions I've had with her, it's obvious that she is better off alone. Following her will only lead to more personal pain for you, because when you find her, she won't stay. When you find her, she'll run from you again. She's a paranoid, catious woman. And that is certainly to her benefit." Terrin seemed to be listening, but the expression on his face hadn't changed much. "Your interference, or even Mr. Tarnus's interference would only endanger the child. I think deep inside yourself, you know that."

Admiral Swatzi stood, staring at the man sitting next to Terrin. He did it purposely, to make him uncomfortable.

Actar continued, "I want to make you a very generous offer. A way to rid yourself of the old feelings, focus your energy on your work. I want you working for me, Mr. Danner. I know you arranged to earthquake on Coruscant, and I know you have many other technologies as well. We want you company working for us. The pay is extremely generous, you'll be protected from whatever enemies you may have. It's a very good deal, Mr. Danner."

--------------------

Anakin

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-23-2002 12:45 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through it all, Terrin's look remained completely inscrutable. He couldn't put his finger on it, but something didn't sit right with him about this, not at all. Especially not when considering the fact that here Admiral Actar was telling him what he should and shouldn't do regarding Galen and Darra. A little thought popped out of nowhere and raised its voice for attention, and Terrin took careful note of what it was telling him before he said so much as one word. Beside him, he could literally feel Jasyn cringing.

Terrin's look remained completely unreadable as he continued to simply play along, for the moment. "What's your catch, Admiral?" he asked quietly, although his mind was already pretty much made up.

[ 10-23-2002 07:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-23-2002 04:44 AM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Coruscant underworld...

The man got up from the bar stool he had been warming for nearly three hours...

He exited the bar, followed shortly by a being clad in armor...

The man wobbled his way down a dark alley, quickly followed step by step...

The bounty hunter came down on the man, nearly crushing his skull with the hilt of the blaster...

The hunter took a look at the surroundings...

"You, care to make a quick credit?" the hunter said toward near by men slumped up against a make shift fire...

The men converged on the unconscious man and the hunter...

"Now... why would I do that, pal... he's me buddy..."

The 4 men now came at the hunter, without warning... two taking each of the arms, and the other two going for the feet...

Before the men could realize what happened, the hunter managed to back flip kicking the two approaching men square in the jaw, while also escaping the hold the men had on the arms...

Coming into a crouch out of the back flip, the hunter slide-tripped the man on the left...

The hunter came out of the roll, on one knee, and had a blaster steadied between the eyes of the only man left standing...

"Hope you're strong..." The hunter said as the blaster motioned for the man to pick up the one that had been followed into the alley...
Sometime later...

The man was drenched in perspiration, as they finally made it to the hunter's ship...

"Just a bit further... I am parched..." the hunter said, as the ramp came down from the ship...

The hunter jumped up the ramp, as the man pulled the unconscious one up the last few meters...

"Anywhere is fine..." the hunter said, as she took off her helmet to take a drink of water, then dumping what was left...

"Oh, were you thirsty??" Carina said, as the man couldn't even speak, he just stayed there on his hands and knees...

Carina came to his side, and gave him a nudge with her boot...

He rolled down the ramp, and off of the ship...

"have a drink on me..." Carina said, as she tossed a credit down to the man, the ramp retracting...

The ship quickly blasted off, as it headed toward those who had purchased the contract on this pathetic being...

[ 10-23-2002 06:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cartina ]

--------------------

"He's no good to me dead."--Boba Fett

Posts: 95 | From: see Loban | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.179
Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-23-2002 05:58 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cartina came out of the office 10,000 credits richer...

Quickly in her shuttle, she set course for home...

A bleep came over her comm...

hmmm, a written message... good sign of another job...

She read the message, it was a job...

K'eel Doba?? a moon even...

She hadn't even heard of the planet, but the coordinates were right there in the message...

She let curiosity take over, she needed the credits as well...

Cartina shuttled past the blockade, and entered hyperspace...

[ 10-23-2002 06:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cartina ]

--------------------

Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-23-2002 06:09 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Please follow Cartina into 'A new direction taken' in the Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple forum, thank you...))

--------------------

Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-23-2002 07:50 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"The catch, Mr. Danner," His eyes moved to the other man, who seemed to be a strange individual, then back to Terrin, "is that all new technologies, and technologies not currently offered by Eagle Enterprises will be limited to Imperial use, until we 'declassify' them." He paused for a moment.

Admiral Swatzi was quick to interupt, "You see, Mr. Danner, the Empire is now the established government of this galaxy, to doubt it, or to assume it can be overtaken by some rebel force, would be ignorant of you. Why be our enemy, when you can work for us, develop for us. If you were to choose to leave your company, we wouldn't seek to hold control of it, but if you were to stay with it, which would be wise on your part, then we will control it. It would be allowed to operate as is, but nothing new goes in without our consent, for obvious reasons. Our Research and Development, while not void of talent without you, could always use another smart mind on it's team."

--------------------

Anakin

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-24-2002 11:07 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had walked a very similar road once in his life, and he keenly remembered where that road could have lead him had he not run into a particular person on what could have been nothing less than the day that changed his life forever. Still, he was considering carefully the offer presented before he chose to go one way or the other. For a long moment he sat quiet, his mind spinning through different possibilities along both pathways he could take. Then he looked to Actar. "This is a very generous offer, Sir," Terrin started, being completely honest. "But I am not the sole owner of Eagle Enterprises, and it would be unprofessional of me to make such a large decision for the company without my partner taking part in it.

Aside from that, I make the majority of my money by selling ships to everyday people; only every once in a while does a momentous offer of this nature come in our direction. I'm a guy who likes to keep tight control over his company, I don't think I'd be happy sacrificing that, good pay or not."

He paused then stood, followed by Jasyn. "I don't believe I can accept your offer at this time, Admiral."

[ 10-24-2002 11:09 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 10-24-2002 12:48 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wordless, and if the truth be known, still a bit numbed I had let the esteemed Admiral guide my entrance into a rather impressive hangar. He had then immediately left, leaving me there amidst the hustle and bustle to choose whichever of the large array and variety of ships that were spread out temptingly before me.

For a moment I had just stood there, my stomach still in that icy knot and climbing steadily higher and higher into my throat. It had taken every bit of will-power I had possessed to fight it back down where it belonged, for memories kept sloshing up out of some hidden floodgate which had promptly opened to their touch to let them come raging through.

She had left me... again. Actar was right; she was meant to be alone, was better off alone....

Now before my mind's eye those images grew in size and strength: again, a black-suited figure sweeping off an enigmatic helmet within an even more enigmatic ship; that beautiful face in a panoply of expressions, but nothing more expressive than those big brown eyes of hers...

Sorben, she walked out on you in Dalius City, and you had only just found out about your daughter! And now, she did it again....

...facing Wicked, facing her sister, facing Desolist and the pirates and Gravin Dark, facing those two hellions on Kamino; hell, facing Quee for that matter; her gumption and spunk shone through her occasional tendency to run first and ask questions later like a star outshining a campfire...

But when she cut and ran, it was from you, Hunter. FROM YOU. Get it through your thick skull.

I shook my head, shoving memories to a place backstage in my mind, and took a look around myself.

There; sitting all by it's lil ol specialness was a beautiful Marauder-class corvette. That should do nicely; I knew these things were something to deal with both in atmosphere and in clean space. I went to her and boarded her without any preamble, quickly checking out the myriad modifications she had undergone, undoubtedly at Actar's command. Her hyperdrive had been pepped up to 150%, and she was loaded for bear; there was even a Lambda aboard as an escape craft.

I nodded my still-helmeted head, and then stormed down her gangplank, bursting upon the workers who thronged this place like ants. I grabbed one unfortunate enough to be within reach of my gauntleted hand and yanked him a good foot off the ground.

"You call these modifications?!" I snarled, giving the majority of the anger I was feeling about Galen's imminent demise release in this poor guy's face. "Where the hell did you guys go to school, the Outer Rim?"

With that I dropped him to the floor of the hanger in a little puddle, and proceeded to outline exactly what I wanted done to the ship. When I was certain he had gotten the lesson, I turned and left for the nearest cantina before going to my own private quarters to clean up and try to find some momentary peace of mind.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 10-24-2002 01:42 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It didn't take these guys long, I'll give them credit for that.

They were good, of course; Actar wouldn't have anything but the best working for him.

But then atmospheric mufflers were fairly easy to install, after all.

I had taken just enough time to stop by my favorite cantina for a quick drink, pick up a few items I knew I would need and pack them into my ditty, and headed on back to Actar's personal headquarters and hangar. The engineers were just finishing up my private order; I paused before the sleek little corvette and stared dully at her new nom de plume:

Cutthroat.

Funny how something so simple as a name can give an entirely different aura to anything, even an inanimate object.

I shook that off then, and strode to my new ship. Workers scattered like mice ahead of me, and one came up hesitantly to wave his work order in my face that I would officially ok what they had done. I just stalked past him, a quick sideways thrust of my arm sending him stumbling backward, his tablet flying to the floor.

Then I boarded Cutthroat, fired her up, commed for a departure vector, and took off to do what it is that I do best.

Hunt.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-24-2002 03:53 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was wrong about him, he doesn't even understand the deal, he's not worth it at all, Actar thought. From where he sat, he looked to the door and locked it. "Well, Mr. Danner, it's certainly regretful." He looked to his left, at the guard standing, waiting. He knew what to do. Before you could blink his blaster was out, set to highest power stun and both Terrin and the other man lay knocked out, cold.

In seconds, the door was opened, and the two men were being carried on stretchers to a holding cell not far from the room they had been in.

In the holding cell the men's begain to come to. When they awoke, they would see 4 prison guards and Admiral Actar. "It was the earthquake Terrin, you're under arrest for the attack."

Turning to the four guards, "Strip search them. I want to personally see that they have no weapons on them." They were both stripped to the flesh, no weapons were found on them. Their clothes were searched also, no weapons, then discarded of. The men were given official Imperial prison garb to wear.

Later, they were taken deep inside Coruscant to the to their cell, where, by request of Admiral Actar, the door was welded shut. A small opening in the door was left for food to be slipped in. A vent for air was in the ceiling, 7 feet above them, all solid concrete, 24 inches thick. The vent had no cover to it, but was only 4x6 inches. There was no way out.

The next day, the ship the two men had arrived in was ordered to be dismantled. There was something different about the ship, and the only way inside was the emergency hatch. Once inside, the controls and any self-destruct or tracking devices were disabled, and the men began taking the ship apart. When they were done, the ship was in hundreds of peices, and those peices were later destroyed.

And time passed.....For Terrin and Jasyn, it was probably extremely slow...

[ 10-24-2002 03:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Admiral Actar ]

--------------------

Anakin

Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-24-2002 10:39 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Admiral Actar was walking back to where he left Swatzi when he paused to reflect. He now had one of the partners of Eagle Enterprises prisoner. Although the probability of success was pretty slim there was the chance that someone would come nosing around trying to rescue his two new prisoners, who had been booked with new identities. He didn't have the time to waste with such stupidity, running the galaxy took enough of his time and energy as it was.

He raised his wrist comm to his lips and spoke a rapid-fire order to his blockade.

"Secondary level defense: I want all tractor beams on, every one of them. Lock onto each other and interlace. I don't want so much as a speck of space debris slipping through. Primary defense, stay sharp."

Knowing now the outer primary level surrounding Coruscant was on double high alert, and that the secondary inner one was protecting the planet with their laced tractor beams, Actar continued on his way to Swatzi. There was still much to plan.

--------------------

Anakin

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-25-2002 01:37 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow Sorben Tarnus into The Sky Is Filled With Stars in the CSWU forums, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 10-25-2002 09:07 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The beeping proximity sensor which brought Cutthroat out of hyperspace had no sooner turned off when my forward screen came alive. I was hailed and given clearance simply upon my arrival in Coruscant space, a perk of hob-nobbing with the Admiral I would suppose.

I just let out a little grunt of acknowledgement and guided the corvette down into the atmosphere of the glittering planet-city, soon entering traffic lanes and soon thereafter coming up on Actar's private headquarters.

I brought the ship to a graceful landing in the same hanger I had departed from, slapped her into submissive sleep, and popped the hatch. The air was filled with the hisses and fogs of her outgassing; I strode through them like a thundercloud, wanting nothing more than to find the man who had ordered me to change my life.

I made it to his opulent office, and there didn't have long to wait before he strode inside, a sleek little grin plastered on his face. I just stared at him through my visor.

"I couldn't find the ship," I finally said in an icy monotone. "She hid it. But I know where there's another; I just came here to bring you this."

With that my gauntleted hand flashed out, and something shining and golden flew through the air. Actar's gloved hand flashed out like black lightning and caught it in mid-air. For a moment he stared into my eyes, then down at the locket in his hands. He opened it slowly, now looking at its contents. Captain Terrin Danner smiled devilishly from one side, Galen and her daughter from the other.

I had marked a big black "x" across the features of the latter two.

Actar lifted his eyes to my visor again, and I simply nodded. Then I turned on my booted heel, and left.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-26-2002 10:22 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's head was again spinning with thoughts and musings as one's mind usually would do when there isn't anything else to do. He sat on the floor, staring at the wall in front of him, his companion to the side of him doing pretty much the same thing. Terrin just knew one thing for damn sure; he had to get out of here. Not for himself--that really didn't matter. He pursed his lips, considering. Then, at the next available opportunity, which didn't occur until the bantha fodder they called food was dropped off, Terrin spoke through the one little hole which they slid the meal trays through.

"Tell the Admiral..." he started, pausing only for a moment, "That I wish to negotiate."

Then he stepped back, waiting to see what would happen...

...if anything at all.

[ 10-26-2002 10:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05