my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » And The Days Grow Longer.... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: And The Days Grow Longer....
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-27-2002 08:09 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He had no desire to negotiate with Terrin Danner, he'd much rather let him rot. But out of interest in what he thought he had to offer, and something Actar felt impelled to give Terrin, he made his way to the prison block his prisoners resided in.

The thin slit in the door of the cell was opened, and the Admiral spoke, "You want to negotiate? Go ahead."

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-27-2002 08:31 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin didn't hesitate. "I'm willing to hand over control of my Research and Development base on Dantooine...

...in exchange for nothing more than the sole freedom of my employee and I from this planet. My only request is that you take the department into the Empire and seperate it entirely from Eagle Enterprises so that I may continue to buy and sell ships as I always have; I'm a salesperson, nothing more and nothing less. Aside from that, I think it's only fair that my employees know they are now priveleged to be working for you."

The words were very sincere. Terrin waited to see what the Admiral might reply.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-27-2002 08:39 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Actar grinned, a grin unseen by the men behind the steel door. "And what assurances would I have that you would not launch a series of attacks on the Empire? You've done it before, there're no reason to believe that you wouldn't do it again."

--------------------

Anakin

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-27-2002 08:49 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin quieted for one moment, then proceeded with, "I'm willing to sell you the four Star Destroyers and one Interdictor cruiser that the company currently 'owns' as property to be sold at a very reasonable price."

Again he quieted, waiting.

[ 10-27-2002 08:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-27-2002 08:57 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A young officer standing alongside the Admiral was listening to every word that went between the man in the cell and his boss. He was edgy ever since Terrin first spoke, and finally whispered, "Admiral," he got the Admiral's attention and mouthed something to him. His reply was a nod, and he quickly left the prison block.

"Mr. Danner, would you be willing to throw in your flag ship? The Hornett?" Actar said, grinning. Thus far, the deal didn't seem quite up to par.

--------------------

Anakin

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-27-2002 09:05 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin withheld the groan that was trying to escape with the Admiral's next question. He answered after a bit of hesitation. "Yes sir, I would."

Jasyn, meanwhile, shot a totally incredulous look in Terrin's direction as he spoke. But Terrin knew he had to do this if they were ever going to get out of here in one piece.

--------------------

~~Galen

Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 10-27-2002 09:13 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Mr. Danner, I'm afraid that if you want your freedom, you'll have to come up with a much more generous offer than what you've offered."

The next thing the men in the cell saw was the small slit in the door rise, and a food tray slide in. There was no food on it though, just the locket Actar had recieved from Sorben.

--------------------

Anakin

Admiral Swatzi

Member # 117

posted 10-27-2002 09:35 PM     Profile for Admiral Swatzi   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Swatzi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In the central command center, Admiral Swatzi was being informed about the situation on Kashyyyk (Shattered Green, CSWU). He replied to the officer reporting to him, "Watch for developments, if the fleet so much as apppears to be readying themselves to leave that planet, send a warning that what they're doing is illegal, and inform the nearest Magnum Fleet that they could have a fight on their hands."

The officer quickly left the Admiral, and issued the orders prescribed.

--------------------

- Anakin

Posts: 15 | From: | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-27-2002 10:03 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's blue eyes focused on the tray now being slid into his and Jasyn's cell. And on it...

He gulped, blinking as if to clear the object from his line of sight, hoping like hell that it wasn't what he thought it was. He reached a suddenly shakey hand out to grasp the locket, still clearly recognizing it and suddenly simply not wanting to admit that it in fact was what it was. For a long moment he simply held the the locket in his hand, knowing that there had to be some purpose for its sudden appearance in the cell.

Galen's locket. Why did Actar have Galen's locket...?

The room was dead silent...not that it would be anything other than that in the barracks of a prison ward, but the silence was deafening. Suddenly wanting more than anything to look upon the two faces of those two people that he loved so very much, Terrin struggled with an unsteady hand to open the locket.

Something in him literally snapped when his eyes fell on the image inside...

... of those two people he'd been so longing to see, now covered with a black X.

This WAS Galen’s locket. That WAS their picture inside...

The Universe was suddenly spinning totally out of control, and all he wanted to do was crawl into a hole somewhere and die.

No, no, no. It couldn’t be. He’d know if this had happened, wouldn’t he...?

Try to deny it as he might, the probable reality was beginning to become more and more painful with each passing moment. To the side, Jasyn was looking rather concerned, but seemed to be struggling to determine the best response to the obvious implication as his own eyes dropped to the image. Terrin didn’t struggle to respond for any length of time, however. He closed his eyes, fighting an onslaught of tears as unrelenting despair began to well up inside of him, needing some sort of release.

”Noooooo...” he moaned, leaning into the prison wall for support as his legs suddenly went limp beneath him. He slid to the floor, holding that locket tightly in one hand, tears of grief and agony beginning to fall from his eyes. ”Noooo...”

[ 10-27-2002 10:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-27-2002 11:17 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minutes may have passed, or hours. Time had become a blur. Suddenly Terrin didn't want to do anything, didn't want to face any sort of reality. He just wanted everything to go away. Including this prison cell and his prisonmate, for that matter. He'd been tired of the death and destruction for so long...

...but why had it come to this?

He kept his eyes closed, not ready to face the look Jasyn might be directing his way at the moment. He swallowed then forced out the words that were coming to his head. "Tell the prison ward to inform Admiral Actar that he can have Eagle Enterprises...

...all of it."

All Terrin wanted, for the moment, was for life to simply go away...

--------------------

~~Galen

Rathal

Member # 220

posted 10-29-2002 11:17 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(OOC: Well away from Coruscant)

Rathal leaned back in his seat as the frieghter that had been commisioned to he and Finn cruised through hyperspace. His gaze was fixated on the stretched lines of light that they shot passed, Rathal never grew weary of this sight no matter how many times he saw it, still this was not the time to loose himself in pretty vistas, now was the time for planning.

"Alright, Finn," he said, turning to his co-pilot, "Once we hit Coruscant how would you suggest we got through the blockade. There is no way we can just announce that we work for Eagle Enterprises and would like to know the whereabouts of Terrin Danner. We don't know what kind of trouble he is in and for all we know he could be on Actar's most wanted list. We could get locked up for just mentioning his name... or we could not, either way its best not to take risks. But we will definatly need some kind of cover story if we are gonna get through to the planet. Any ideas?"
Jonovar awaited his compatriot's response.

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-30-2002 01:33 AM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The organic "wheels" in Caglion's brain seemed to whirr as he hatched a feasible story that might please an Imp Admiral. With a smile, he turned to the bounty hunter pilot, "Got it. We tell them we've been sent to deliver a private message from an Admiral Brinkk Dal'mah to Admiral Actar."

Anticipating Rathal's request to explain who Dal'mah was, Finn expounded. "Dal'mah was a Bothan Admiral who disappeared a few years back into the Unknown Regions. He's rumored to posess a map and information regarding the systems in the UR. No one knows if he's alive or dead or if he still has this map. Truth is he's dead, and his spy failed to actually acquire the map and info for him from those who colonized the area as separatists and refugees, but the Imps don't know that. Hearing his name again should generate enough interest to hear us out."

Proud of himself for being able to come up with a good cover story, Finn sat back in his seat and hoped Rathal would find it suitable. He better... it's based on more fact than he realizes.

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.32
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 10-30-2002 03:07 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rathal considered the plan, it certainly had quite a bit of merit but it would not provide for the level of descretion Rathal wished for, plus if what his former imployer had said was true then there was no way they were going to be able to lie to Actar,

"It is a very good idea pal, unfortunately lieing to Actar is not a good idea he has... abilities that would allow him to catch us, however if there is any legitimate information we could broker then that is certainly worth a shot."

--------------------

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-30-2002 03:26 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Who knew how long Terrin'd be waiting to see what Admiral Actar's reply would be to his latest offer, if in fact Actar planned on replying at all. Truth was, had it not been for the fact Jasyn was stuck here with him, Terrin didn't know if, at least for the moment, he really even cared where he was. He stared blankly at the concrete prison wall in his line of sight, his eyes not seeing anything around him truly but rather seeing something out of another day and time.

The images were so very real, as if they were happening even now. All he could see was Galen in that Kandolorian dress of midnight blue, her big brown eyes meeting his, her hand gently touching his face.

"I-- I think that I love you, Terrin."

Over that image was that of his adoptive daughter...no, of his daughter, her big blue eyes radiating with life and innocence, the light red hair atop her head glistening as her mother played with her in a Sith park. Of the day when he'd first laid eyes on her, laying atop her mother aboard the Sith warship.

Image over image played itself out, and Terrin simply let it. He wasn't ready to face reality; didn't think he could handle the thought of them both being dead. It hurt too much...

So instead, the images and memories just simply played on.

[ 10-30-2002 03:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-30-2002 06:23 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Legitimate information... you have no idea...

"OK, you've trumped me," Finn replied. He never thought it would come to this. His one thing of value... the ONLY thing, and he was giving it up to a bounty hunter and an Imp Admiral... for what? To attempt (stress attempt) to rescue a guy he didn't even know, who was in trouble over some personal issue...

Taking the chance and trusting people on the fly was all too common for Finn in the past, why should he stop now? Haven't I learned anything over the past ten years?, he pondered for a brief instant. Guess not, or else I'm just a sucker for a mission impossible.

Looking Rathal straight in the eyes, eyes that were true blue again, he spilled it.

"I'm not going to lie to Actar. That is, there WAS a spy sent to get that map of the UR and it DOES exist. And I know where it is. Hell, I helped modify the damn thing, based on three years spent out there with a clan of runaway Jedi hiding from Peace Brigade. You think that's something we can bargain with?"

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 137.230.1.12
Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-30-2002 11:10 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: From 'Meeting on Ord Mantell' in this forum))

Cartina went straight for the cockpit, being as quite as possible in doing so...

The course did not need changing, but Aaron needed to be left to his thoughts...

A few hours later...

The Otana's Rival came back into real space, on the outskirt of the Coruscant system...

Perhaps there might still be a price on Aaron's head, looks like that might be my only way back in... Cartina thought to herself, as she noticed the heightened security of the blockade...

She sent out a general message:

"I'm here concerning the bounty once on Aaron Barnes' head, co-owner of Eagle Enterprises... I have him in my possession... waiting for clearance to land..."

--------------------

"He's no good to me dead."--Boba Fett

Posts: 95 | From: see Loban | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.162.35
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 10-30-2002 11:24 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Reply:
The bounty for Aaron Barnes was rescended some time ago. The Empire has no interest in Mr. Barnes and suggests you set him free immediately, or leave this system.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-30-2002 11:29 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ok... how about trying the truth...

"I have been informed Terrin Danner was last known to be on planet... do you happen to know his whereabouts? I have a few... questions for him... concerning a current bounty... call it professional courtesy..."

She quieted, and waited for a response...

--------------------

Posts: 95 | From: see Loban | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.162.35
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 10-31-2002 08:21 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Reply: Terrin Danner left here on a YT-2200 freighter days ago. He was looking for his wife. That's all the information I can give you.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-31-2002 10:23 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I thank you for the information... now... you must know which direction he was headed, I would be most grateful... I am willing to pay for this information..."

She quieted at that, waiting for any lead to follow...

[ 10-31-2002 10:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cartina ]

--------------------

Posts: 95 | From: see Loban | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.7
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 11-01-2002 01:47 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron didn't know how long he'd been laying there, completely motionless, but it was beginning to get more than just a little bit annoying. He was however relieved to find that he was slowly beginning to get some feeling back in his lower extremities. He still couldn't move an inch, however. So he laid in the floor of the back of the ship, trying his damnedest to listen to the conversation that he vaguely heard coming through. He wasn't doing a very good job of this, however. To his benefit, however, the comm was coming through louder than the voice of his captor.

Terrin Danner... left on YT-2200?!

That was all Aaron could make out, but he sure knew one thing and that was that something was fishy here.

"Terrin doesn't OWN a 2200," Aaron yelled from his awkward position on the floor. It was a good thing his hearing was more acute than his ability to move at the moment...

[ 11-01-2002 01:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.122
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 11-01-2002 03:22 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Reply to Cartina:

As I said before, I can't tell you much else. His ship apparently broke down and he was traded this one. We don't know his destination.

--------------------

Anakin

Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 11-01-2002 04:24 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It doesn't take a bounty hunter to realize they were being lied to...

And, it doesn't take a bounty hunter to realize they should have known the direction he was headed...

Cartina tried once more,"Yes, I apologize... but, you must know which direction he was headed?"

She stopped at that, this would be the last question she asked concerning Mr. Terrin Danner...

--------------------

Posts: 95 | From: see Loban | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.59
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 11-01-2002 07:41 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Slowly the craft emerged from hyperspace on the fringes of the starsystem in which Coruscant lay. Jonovar smiled at fin, "Thats definatly worth a try. Here," he said, pointing to the com, you talk."

--------------------

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 11-01-2002 10:28 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Moving to the comm, Finn glanced at Rathal and said, "Here goes..."

Then he spoke into the comm, trying to sound official, "This is the crew of the Castaway requesting audience with his excellency, Admiral Actar. We bring news from the Unknown Regions that should interest him. Request permission to land on Coruscant."

Awaiting a response, Finn turned back to Rathal. "I sure hope you have a plan to look for Mr. Danner if they do let us land. Valuable info or not, I have a bad feeling about this..."

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.9

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05