my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » Ambria - Headquarters (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Ambria - Headquarters
Admiral Swatzi

Member # 117

posted 05-24-2001 09:06 PM     Profile for Admiral Swatzi   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Swatzi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ambria, the secret headquarters of the Empire. It consists of large underground buildings, built by the Empire. On the surface, desert. The buildings were actually built by the Empire before it's defeat to the Rebellion, but in the past few years many additions have been added on.

Me, I am Admiral Swatzi. My orders are to make sure everything runs smoothly and undetected. Ambria is in the Yappyh Sector, a far sector in the outer-rim. In fact, we far enough out, we don't have to really worry about the New Republic. Our main objective for the time being is to build up our Military Power. I oversee everything that happens here, what ships are built, what troops are trained. Eventually, we hope to restore order to the Galaxy, or at least that's what I hope....

edit: Ambria is part of the Empire, with a Moff and such....

edit: There are cities on the surface, including one over top of the underground city that the Imperials do their thing in.

[ 06-02-2001: Message edited by: Admiral Swatzi ]

Posts: 15 | From: | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.105.13
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 05-31-2001 12:41 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OOC: I wanted to do this in first person, but it would seem out of place, so imagine the the part in Italics through the boys eyes.
-----------------------------------------
"Aijdin (EYE-din), Aijdin, wake up Aijdin!"
He opened his eyes to see the girl kneeling in front of him trying to wake him up. "Stop shaking me already, Jaime, I wasn't even asleep."

Jaime put her finger on over Aijdin's mouth and whispered into his ear, "We're sneaking to the swimming hole, wanna come?"

He smiled, and shook his head yes. They stood up, carefull to stay quiet, and took off running. While running Aijdin looked back towards the Praxeum, checking to see if anyone had seen them.

They ran up to a group of boys and girls around Aijdin and Jaime's age----

His eyes opened. He was sweating all over. "A Dream?", he said out loud. "What the hell was that?"
---------------------------------------
Post more later, lost my train of thought....

[ 06-02-2001: Message edited by: Anakin ]

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.196
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-02-2001 01:25 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Next Day

Shakin up by the dream he had had the day before, Admiral Actar sat in his private quarters for hours meditating, trying to understand what it meant. But, of course, he couldn't find it. Who was Aijdin? Why did it take place back at the Jedi Praxeum? Oh well, more important things were happening, they had arived at Ambria.

--- The Bridge

"General, inform the surface that we'll be landing. And, have the prisoner put on my shuttle, in a force cage."

"Yes, Admiral." and he went right to it.

-----------------------------
OOC: You have no idea how many interruptions I'm getting while writing this simple post. Sorry

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.113.115
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-10-2001 11:39 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
-- On the shuttle
The fleet is above Ambria, Actar is going to land.....He is sitting in the pilot's seat. The force cage, which holds Galen, is sitting in the cockpit, only about 5 feet behind Actar.
He faced forward, with an expressionaless face, slipping the various switches on control panel. He flipped on Auto-Pilot. He sighed and turned in his chair, leaned forward, and flipped a switch on the force cage to open it, staring into her eyes the whole time.
--------------
OOC: I wish I could keep going but it's just too boring......

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.132.58.73
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-11-2001 12:04 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Continuing.....
Galen looked at him oddly when he let her out of the cage, probably wondering "Why?" He just turned and faced forward again, after a few seconds of silence, he said, "Sit." and she did.

More silence...

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.132.58.73
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-11-2001 01:51 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stared straight into the greeny-brown eyes of this black-garbed man, wondering why in Hell's Seven Circles he had released me. I could easily have walked away... well, maybe not too far... but I just sat where I was. I shivered a little, but refused to so much as cross my arms. I didn't want him to have the pleasure of seeing how utterly discombobulated I was.

Sheesh, what is the story with this guy? First he acts like he's out to help me, then he snags me and pitches me into a Force Cage... then he hauls me off in a shuttle to Kaandon-knows-where, and now he lets down the shielding to the Cage?

I pursed my lips in a grim line, all the while screaming inwardly at myself to do something, anything--I don't know what. Attack him maybe, try to get control of this shuttle, take off, go somewhere...
anywhere....

I sighed a little louder, realizing that after what I had pulled with him before there was sure as there's Treasure on Roon no way he was gonna let me get the drop on him again. He didn't look the stupid type.

So Galen, ol girl... whatcha gonna do now?

I did the only thing I could do. I kept looking him straight in the eye, and finally, winding up my courage, blurted out:

"Where are we going? And why did you kidnap me?"

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.153
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-11-2001 02:05 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He smiled a little and said, "I didn't kidnap you, I rescued you. If you had stayed at the Praxeum you're sister would have come, and I doubt the Jedi could put up much of a fight. And, we're going there," looking out the window, "Ambria."

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.151.82.235
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-11-2001 02:32 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I could feel my hackles raising in response to the words he spoke so calmly. Yet in all honesty, I didn't know if they were raising out of terror... or anger.

I stared out the viewport at the rapidly approaching planet. It looked like a beautiful red marble, streaked with sooty oranges and dusty mauves. However, though the sight it presented went a long way toward soothing my eye, it came nowhere near touching my mind. Or my heart.

It took every bit of willpower I possessed not to actually shake. As it was, I couldn't keep the tremor out of my voice when at last I found my tongue to speak.

"Rescued me?" I blurted, whirling from the viewport to face this strangely quiet man. "Rescued me?!"

All of a sudden I couldn't see for the red swimming before my eyes. All the pain and heartache of voluntarily leaving Sorben, all the terror in response to my evil sister, all the trepidation and uncertainty regarding my future... and that of my baby's; all this that I had repressed suddenly combined into one huge overwhelming rush until I couldn't feel anything but the mindless anger of a rancor who had gone too long without his lunch. In blind rage, tears now swimming in my eyes, I took a step toward this man, then another.

Before I knew what I was doing, I found myself directly before him, beating on his broad chest with both fists. All the words I tried to speak, to explain, to demand, to beg and plead...

...all were lost before the one overpowering thought that kept my fists hammering away at him, over and over and over.

"Dad, oh... Dad! Why did this happen? Why did she kill you? Why couldn't I stop her!

"Why--?"

My hands found no answer, only the mute satisfaction of pummelling against his unyielding chest, over and over and over....

[ 06-15-2001 11:45 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.153
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 06-14-2001 11:40 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin sat in his temporary living quaters, pouting. After he'd hurried over to Yavin to seek out Shayla and found a fleet of ships gaurding Yavin IV, he'd returned to the Moff to get reinforcements.

Little did he know the Moff would join him and bring him here to this Hellhole to get a fleet.

The Moff will probably be denied any ships after the whole assasination attempt, Terrin thought grumpily.

Thanks to Shayla my whole career is falling apart. This was supposed to be a one-time deal, and I was supposed to be paid very handsomely for it. Instead I'm stuck her with a self-righteous Moff under the terrain of a desert...just...waiting.

Soon enough the truth would come out, and soon enough the Moff would have to admit that they would either have to take his small fleet of ships and Terrin's or that they would just have to give in.

And Shayla would win.

No, that wasn't an option. Terrin didn't care if he had to hitchhike his way back to where Shayla was, he'd find her, and he'd get her back for all the things she had done to him...

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.104
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-14-2001 07:19 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Slowly, slowly, the red mists of anger and despair and despondency and pain I had been holding in for so long began to loosen their grip on me. Ever so slowly, the even redder mist of blind rage dissipated into something less than smoke; gradually, my surroundings resolved back into those of the little shuttle and the smaller rear viewport it bore, which was strangely blocked by something....

With a startled little jerk of awareness, I realized the large object blocking my view was the body of the black-garbed man who had taken me. I started even more noticeably when I realized what I had been doing to him... what I was still doing to him....

I gulped, and quickly dropped my hands to my sides. There, my fingers clenched into fists, grasping the material of my sleeping garb-- oh Great Khaandon's Ghost, was I still in the nightwear I had on when I had been snatched from my bed by my sister, seemingly aeons ago?! --and twisting it with the effort of stilling my outburst.

Through it all, the man spoke no word. He didn't even lift so much as a finger to stop me. He merely stood there like some sort of damn rock, letting me pummel away at him, flooding him with tears and pain and terror. Even now that I was slowly gaining some semblance of control over myself, he still remained silent. I thought I caught the glint of some kind of sad smile on his face, however.

That amazing discovery encouraged me to attempt filling the looming silence we were both suddenly falling into. I sniffed, swiping furtively at my face with one fist.

"I- I, um..." I faltered, not quite knowing what to say. But suddenly I realized I felt pounds lighter. It was as if I had been carrying some kind of burden around, all unbeknownst to me, and somehow that burden had been completely removed from my shoulders.

I stared into his strange greeny-brown eyes. "Th-thank you," I whispered. Then, realizing how inconguous that statement sounded at the time, I fell silent.

I wish I knew what was going on in his head....

[ 06-14-2001 07:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.39
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-14-2001 11:29 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He stared into her eyes for a few seconds. Finally he got what he wanted out of her. She finally got over the fear she had of him, at least somewhat. Still not saying a word, he turned back to the control and the shuttle entered Ambria's atmosphere.

Part of the reason he chose this planet to establish the secret headquarter's was it's beautiful orangish-pink atmosphere. In the distance they could see the city of Bim Renna. The Secret Imperial Construction yards were under the city, along with the training facilities.

That's where they were headed.....
--------------------
I'll finish in a little bit, I'm arguing with something right now

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.174.135.203
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-15-2001 01:07 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
....That's where they were headed, the city of Bim Renna. He knew Admiral Swatzi would be waiting to greet him, they were good friends.

He knew Graysith was following them, but he honestly had no idea what would happen when she decided to come for Galen. He would try for an alliance with her, which would in turn make the Empire even stronger, but the Sith are pure evil, and she may have other plans.

They arrived in what looked like a mini Coruscant. The building weren't as tall, and it was just a city, not the whole planet, but it had the floating landing platforms and everything. They landed on a landing platform and were greeted by Admiral Swatzi, and other officials.

Admiral Actar walked off the ship, followed by Galen close behind, and greeted everyone with the usual greeting's. No one asked who the woman behind him was, no one except Admiral Swatzi. He told him he would explain it later, and they walked inside.

Inside the building it was what you would expect of a secret operation. This building was somewhat more open about it, but it would be common in any system run by the empire, which this one was, so they didn't worry much. As they were walking to a debreifing room, Actar stopped to introduce Galen to Admiral Swatzi, who, in turn, introduced himself, and asked, "What's your story?" but before she could answer Actar had his hand on Swatzi's shoulder turning him forward telling him he'll find out later. Before they entered the briefing room, Actar turned to Galen and said, "Incase you were wondering, this is the Empire", he then turned and walked into the room.

The briefing went as usually. He was told how many of what was built and trained. Also told what had happened in the New Repulic Senate while he was away, nothing of interest except that they were planning to implement governors in different systems, which wouldn't mean anything, except, it would eventually make the job of the Empire taking power again one day easier.

After the breifing he set off on taking Galen to quarter's that were prepared for her. She got one of the best suites they had. It even had fresh sets of clothing ( ) for her to change into. Of course, Actar made sure the doors would be guarded at all times, and when she chose to leave the room she would be followed by a plain clothed officer.

He showed her around her quarters, which even had a balcony. The only way should would make it off this planet is with permission, or to jump, and that doesn't seem like something she would do.....

--------------------

Anakin

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-15-2001 01:50 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So this is the Empire...

Ever since I was a little girl I had heard horror stories of the Empire of Old, of the evil Sith Lord Palpatine and his series of henchmen who had helped him in his rise to infamy. Of the dark days of the galaxy, and all the torture and killing and general ruin. Of the now famous battles at Yavin 4, and Endor, and the shaky rise afterward of the New Republic. I had heard that after the demise of Palpatine and the taking back of the Empire by New Republicans, that pockets of the old still existed somewhere, still in enough force to perhaps one day pose another real threat once again.

But somehow, as I looked about, realizing that this was that somewhere, and taking in as much as I could in the wake of...Admiral Actar?! Sheesh... So that was his name....-- somehow, I didn't feel... well... threatened here.

And I knew very well that I ought to be.

I kept my eyes open and my mouth closed. Luckily, no one bothered to come up inquiring about me other than one military type, who my high-ranking captor smoothly turned aside. I wondered briefly why his inquiry was cut so short... and indeed, why he had inquired in the first place. Surely someone as unassuming as lil ol me didn't warrant the curiosity of another ranked officer?

I filed this little bit of data away, and followed the admiral, feeling somewhat like a nerf calf being hauled off to find its mother. Before I could see too much...I'm sure he took me by some circuitous route so as not to risk my viewing anything of any military value.... we were inside a rather snazzy-looking building, and whisking up a gravity shaft to an upper level.

I stepped out onto carpet so thick my feet thought they had died and gone to heaven. But they were in for a bigger treat...

I followed along behind the broad back of Actar, still looking furtively about, when I quite suddenly smacked into him. We had come to a stop before a greel-wood door. My heartbeat quickened involuntarily at the sight of that door; the last time I had been confronted by such, it had opened to reveal a Mr. Gravin Dark, who had slapped me into a Force Cage and had taken be off to be presented to a Sith Darth... and my sister. I tensed, especially since the admiral had made no remark to my walking into him.

But no, the door opened to a luxurious suite of rooms. Now my feet were literally buried in the pile of the carpet they trod, well... through. I walked in, gawping like a schoolgirl at the sight of the precious pieces of art, the expensive satins and woodworks and bowls of dainties and lady's clothes I saw spread before me like a feast.

I shut my mouth, and swallowed. This was all very, very tempting... but the Empire?!

I blinked, and forced myself to remain at rigid attention. Admiral Actar went forward into the room and stopped at a balconied doorway, as though in mute reminder that we were up way too high for me to jump. He then turned around and just looked at me without saying a word.

I wanted to freshen in the worst way. I wanted food, and about six month's sleep. I wanted safety and security and friendship and...

...and I knew if I continued along those lines I'd not only never get anywhere, I'd go mad. I straightened up a little bit, then drew in a deep breath and looked Actar straight in those compelling eyes he had.

"Are you going to tell me the truth of why you really took me, tell me how much of a prisoner I am here, and tell me now? Or are you going to let me freshen up a little...?"

I ended by spreading out my somewhat worse-for-wear nightclothes. I let the sight of them finish my sentence for me.

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.182
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-15-2001 02:18 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He let out a laugh. He knew what she wanted. To get cleaned up, who knows when she last changed clothes?

"I'll go. You freshen up, I'll come back later tonight, unless you're asleep. I'll send up some food as soon as possible. You're welcome to leave your quarter's, but remember, there are some pretty powerfull people looking for you, stay alert." He looked at the mess she was right then. He really hadn't noticed before, he shook his head and laughed and walked out of the room.

He made his way back to Admiral Swatzi, who said right away with a smile, "So, who is she?"
He smiled and replied, "Just a girl, I rescued."
"Just a girl?"
"Well, she's not, exactly, just a girl. Apparently she's a pretty....hot commodity. Wanted by pretty powerfull people, too."
"And are these people planning on coming after her?"
"Well, I know one is, but.....just watch for any approaching ships that are coming towards the city. And have men out there looking, technology may not pick it up."
"Alright, I'll put the men on high alert, tell them to watch out for anything suspicious, and not let anything in or out without clearance...but how long will this have to last? We can't keep her here, if this threat wil be here like this."
"I know we can't....hopefully we'll kill whoever's after her," he said with a smile, "Well, I think I'll take a nap, wake me if anything important happens." And off he went to his quarters, to sleep.

[ 06-15-2001 02:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Admiral Actar ]

--------------------

Anakin

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-15-2001 02:47 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Damn his skin, he did it to me again...

That man was almost insufferable, the way he kept me offguard. The last thing I expected was for him to laugh, suggest I refresh myself, promise to return in the evening...

...and then just up and leave?!

I stood there, swaying a bit, blinking as the door to my suites closed upon his departure. For a moment my mind went completely blank, and I sank bonelessly to the floor.

The carpet reached up to me like the caress of a lover. I lay back, trying to concentrate, trying to figure out if there was any way in Hell's Seven Circles that I could keep my baby out of the clutches of this guy or whoever else might be out there, clawed hands outstretched like some evil bird of prey. For I wasn't stupid enough to really believe that this guy was interested in helping me out of sheer altruism.

I pondered the thought, letting my mind wander along that pathway with growing drowsiness. Nope, it was the baby; it had to be for that reason that he took me. But there was something about him that, strangely enough, didn't provoke fear in me any longer. Not quite... trust, but at least a lack of trepidation. Something about this guy... I knew I should fear him with all my being, that part of him was somehow a complete antithesis to me... yet I did not. Something I couldn't put my finger on....

I jerked upright, realizing I had almost fallen asleep where I lay. I didn't want to present that image should the admiral return to my suites; with a small groan I climbed upright once again and headed to the 'fresher.

I kept it short, although every cell in my body cried out fervently for me to stay there at least an hour, luxuriating in the unexpected delight of hot, running water! No sonics or mists here; what a surprise!

Emerging from the fresher feeling somewhat human again, I rummaged around in the intricately carved closet nearby, uncovering a Kaladorian spider-silk nightgown of the softest rosey gold. It went well with my coloring; not that anyone was here to take in that particular sight.

But for once... just once in what I suspected might be a very long escapade to come, I wanted to feel...

...feminine.

I smiled, and climbed into the ornate and heavily accoutred bed. Within moments, I was deep into a dreamless and for once, peaceful slumber.

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.205.59
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 06-15-2001 01:21 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Who the hell did this Admiral Swatzi think he was? The nerve of him saying that there were more important things to do right now than to send ships to Yavin IV!

And Terrin was even more annoyed that Moff Krenoff had sent him to ask for the ships, and didn't have the nerve to do it himself. Somehow Terrin suspected that he knew they'd be turned down all along, and that he just didn't have the guts to face the music.

What was even worse was that despite the rejection notice that he had left with the Moff's secretary, the Moff still had requested that Terrin meet him in his chambers.

Irritated, Terrin stomped in, closed the door, and sat down in a chair across from the Moff in what appeared to be living quarters.

"Danner, you are getting a little too childish for my taste," Moff Krenoff said from the other side of the room. "I wonder if you still want your pay."

With the mention of money, Terrin perked up a little. Maybe finally this would all be coming to an end...

"Good," the Moff said smiling wickedly, "Now I have your attention. I have some news that might be of interest to you, and I have a job for you."

Great, another job. Here we go again in the never-ending loophole. Terrin wished he'd never gotten involved in this mess.

"Listen up," the Moff scolded, as though knowing what was going through Terrin's head. "One of our operatives has reported that a group of three Jedi and a little girl about the age of six were seen on the Blue Asteroid. They are apparently searching for a Praxeum student who was captured from Yavin IV. One of the Jedi, Cella Polaini, highered a pilot to help her track a ship she believes the student is being held prisoner aboard."

"So?" Terrin said, thinking that this was a waste of his time.

"And Shayla Stargazer hasn't been heard from by her coorporation in several days..."

Terrin hated it when the Moff strung him along like this. "Are you suggesting the captive is Shayla?" Terrin said, rolling his eyes. "You don't know her the way I do, Krenoff. She wouldn't let herself be captured like that. She's too smart for it."

"Okay, Mr. Danner, if you are so sure of that, tell me why the Jedi think that Shayla's R2 droid Izzy is important to locating the captive student. And tell me why Izzy was seen with the group and that Shayla WASN'T."

Terrin frowned a little, now intrigued. Shayla NEVER left Izzy with anyone. The little droid, obnoxious though she could be, was as loyal as any person and never left Shayla's side unless she was forced to. Maybe the Moff had a point after all.

"Allright, I'll buy that it's suspicious," Terrin finally agreed. "But what do you want me to do about it?"

"The ship the Polaini woman is following appears to be one that, although it has fallen from our tracking devices recently, was last seen pursuit of another shuttle that has been to Yavin IV and has now landed here, on Ambria."

At that point the Moff paused to see if he still had Terrin's attention. Satisfied that he did, he continued. "The shuttle that landed here on Ambria is owned by an Admiral Actar. I want you to find this Actar, and find out why he has been to Yavin IV. Ask him if he knows he is being followed, and if he knows what student might be missing from the Praxeum. If he knows anything about the whereabouts of Shayla Stargazer Petrolu, I want you to make an ally with him and suck him for all the information he is worth."

Oh, is that all, Terrin thought to himself. "And if he knows nothing or will say nothing?" Terrin asked instead.

"Then you do what it is you information smugglers do," Krenoff said sarcastically. "You find a way to get that information, or else. Got it?"

"Yeah, got it. This just better be worth the pay you are giving me."

[ 06-15-2001 01:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.189
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-15-2001 04:47 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I awoke with purposeful sloth, very aware of the levels of consciousness I was drifting up through, luxuriating in the wonderfully hedonistic sensation of not having to leap up and run, not having to react to an immediate danger, not having to do anything but simply stretch, yawn, blink and sit up.

Which I did, finally.

The soft light of quickening dusk filtered the room, making everything appear, if possible, even richer and more well-appointed than it actually was. The greel-wood shone as with an inner flame, the satiny bed-clothing glimmered as though dusted with starlight. I stretched again, and swung my feet over the side of the bed.

I glanced to a large and wonderfully handcarved chrono unobtrusively standing in a shadowed corner. Hmmm... if Admiral Actar was a man of his word-- and something told me he was --he would soon be arriving. Assuming, of course, that the dinner hour on Ambria was the same as it was on any inhabited and civilized planet.

I got to my feet, and attacked the 'fresher with renewed vigor, keeping the promise I had earlier made to it. I didn't come out for a solid hour.

Relaxed, refreshed, and very very clean, I went to the closet and poked in it's spacious depths. Egads, judging from the feel of the material in here, just one of these various and sundry gowns and outfits would take a year of Dad's salary...

And they were there for me? Well... ok, Galen ol' girl, let's be realistic. They were probably here for whatever series of ladies marched through this suite on one occasion or another, for whatever purpose. But let's not look a gift ronto in the mouth...

I finally withdrew with a simple but wonderfully elegant gown spun of that same spider-silk Kaladore is so famous for. It was a deep, midnight blue, and sprinkled liberally with tiny iridescent silver-blue Krayt dragon seed-pearls. It fit in all the right places, too.

Going back to the closet, I poked some more, and emerged with a pair of soft nerf-calf leather sandals. They were wonderful; it was like going barefoot in the softest of grassy fields.

I gave myself a look-over in the full-length mirror hanging on the wall. Not bad, not bad. At least I wouldn't embarrass the Admiral if he had a need to parade me around in public or anything. No telling what was going to happen, but something told me to do my utmost to stay on this guy's good side.

I ran a quick comb through my hair, then finally finished my ministratios with the addition of crushed Krayt-dragon pearl glitter to the outside of my eyes, and my throat. A dab of color to my lips, and I was ready.

I walked over to the balcony, and just stood there, waiting to see how long it would take for this Admiral to return.

If he was really gonna return at all, that is.

[ 06-15-2001 04:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.179
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-17-2001 02:25 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He awoke only a few short hours after he had layed down to rest. He could have slept for days. This was his....home, and he loved it here, especially in his own bed. But, of course, he had to get up, he told Galen he would come back up to see her later that night, and he wasn't about to ruin what little trust she may have in him, if any.
Once fully awake, he made his way to Galen's suite. He hoped she hadn't eaten yet, and could maybe talk with her over dinner.

He knocked on her door, and stepped in.....

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.194.137
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-17-2001 02:43 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a moment, I remained where I was, looking out over the brightening lights of Bim Renna, keenly aware of the sound of the door to my suite opening in the wake of a small but purposeful knock.

I took a deep breath, and turned to face him.

The breath released itself in an involuntary puff. I scarcely recognized the admiral. For the first time that I had ever seen him, he was not in his black trenchcoat. Instead he wore full military dress regalia... complete with so many ribbons and decorations that he glittered like Coruscant on High Eve.

I swallowed, blinking at the finery which more than subtly reminded me of the authority, and probably power, that this man held. I took a small step forward, my mouth working.

It suddenly dawned on me that anything I could say would sound artificial, and shallow. I merely stood there, letting the quickening twilight silhouette me, and waited to hear what he would offer or say.

I sure hoped it was an invitation to dinner. I'm starved....

[ 06-17-2001 12:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.197
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-18-2001 01:02 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He stood there, waiting for her to say something. Nothing....

"Are you hungry?", he said quietly. She nodded. "Food is on it's way." He said, hoping for a reply from her.

He thought to himself about the current situation. How long would this last? Her sister had to be planning something....but what?

He turned his eyes from her and looked out the window to the balcony, and the beautiful veiw of the city. He turend to face her again and said, "How do you like your suite?"

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.138
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-18-2001 01:24 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Somewhere in the course of the last few minutes, my mouth had fallen open a bit. This was all really very odd; I close my mouth, and licked my lips which had suddenly become very dry.

What was the deal here? I wondered to myself. Was I a prisoner... or something else? I really wished I could figure this guy out, or what it was he wanted... which I still was positive was the baby, but why in Hell's Seven Circles was I not only given this luxurious suite, but now was being asked if it met to my liking?

I unconsciously took hold of the material of my spider-silk dress, fiddled with it a little. "Uh-- thank you for these rooms," I stammered awkwardly. "It's really more than I expected to be given here."

The look that crossed his face was faintly... disappointed somehow. I swallowed, and continued. "I mean, I've been here and there around the spacelanes, but I've never had such a nice place to stay."

I winced at how contrived that statement sounded, how forced... all the while fighting back vivid images of much worse accommodations I had found myself in. For the next few moments nothing filled the gaping silence growing in leaps and bounds between us but greater silence; it was as though he was waiting for me to say something in particular. What that was, I couldn't begin to guess.

When another knock came on my door I about jumped out of my skin. I slid my eyes nervously in that direction, my heartbeat accelerating when I saw he wasn't even turning around. I tensed...

...but no, no Storm Troopers came bursting in to burst the strange little bubble I was in. No one came in with blasters blazing; no evil sentient was there to take me away yet again.

Instead a meek-looking servant-type entered the room, wheeling a heavily ladened table. He set it up over to one side, lit a candelabra in the middle of all the serving dishes, gave the admiral a stiff bow, and left.

I looked to the Admiral, my eyes wide and my mouth agape again. He seemed to be smiling at my discomfiture, whether at me or with the purpose of making me feel more at ease, I couldn't say....

[ 06-18-2001 02:22 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.37
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-19-2001 02:59 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We both stood there in silence, staring at each other. That is, I was staring at him... the look he gave me was somehow staring through, and not at me.

I swallowed, trying to figure how to break this strange impasse we were in. This situation is getting beyond odd, I thought to myself. He almost acts as if he wants me to speak first... but what about I couldn't say....

Then I thought of something. I cleared my throat a little. "Earlier, when you...rescued me," I began, "you mentioned that my sister was coming, and that the Jedi wouldn't be able to protect me from her."

I stopped for a moment, searching his eyes. They were like moss-covered stones, absolutely unreadable. Well Galen ol girl, in for a credit....

"How in Hell's Seven Circles do you know about my sister, and who do you think you are that you can protect me from her? I don't think you realize what she is; if you really did, you'd probably...."

I cut off my little outburst, uncomfortably aware of his gaze which still pinned mine to his. Careful, Galen, don't bite the hand that is feeding you....

That thought provoked another; in an attempt to divert his attention from the direction my words had been travelling, I gestured toward the heavily laden table.

"Look, I'd really love to sit and chat with you about... well, things; but can we at least do it over dinner?"

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.21
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-21-2001 01:46 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Of Course," he said, "how about on the balcony?" he added. She looked out to the table and two chairs on the balcony and gave an aproving nod. He walked to one set of glass double doors leading out to the balcony and opened them, taking a deep breath of fresh air. He turned around to see Galen standing there, waiting for....something.

He looked her in the eyes, hoping to easily see an answer. Nothing, she waited there, perhaps for the table to be moved outside? He took the table by it's handles and wheeled it out onto the balcony, Galen followed him. He wished she wouldn't be so...intimidated by him. He understood why she would be, of course, but he can be nice sometimes, a lot of the time, actually.

"Take what you want," he said to her, "there's plenty here." They both filled their plates with food and went to sit. They sat across from each other and soon enough, that eerie silence that has plagued their short relationship, was back again. But, it wouldn't stay long this time, there was too much to say.

"So....what exactly would you like to know?"

[ 06-21-2001 01:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Admiral Actar ]

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.43
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-21-2001 02:52 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Great Khaandon's ghost!!!

The plate in my hand just about dropped with my jaw as the admiral's "innocent" statement reached my ears. What do I want to know?!

I want to know what you know about my sister...

I want to know exactly why you came to the Praxeum world, oh such a coincidence that I was there then as well...

I want to know why you took me the two times you did...

...why I am now a prisoner, now not, now treated with less respect than one would give a beast, then like a veritable queen....

I finally settled on the latter. Carefully setting my platter down, I stood up and walked over to the balcony. There I stood with my back to Actar, gazing out over the twinkling lights spread like stars that had fallen to earth.

I whirled suddenly, and eyed him intently.

"I want to know if I am free to leave here, wherever this is, if I wish to do so."

I looked him straight in the eye, waiting... then, much to my own surprise I raised my hand. "Wait."

I swallowed thickly, staring at my hand like it wasn't my own. "Wait," I repeated in a lower tone of voice. "Don't answer that, please, not now. I- I don't want to hear you say it."

Besides, I think I already know the answer to that. The fact that I had been allowed to attend the debriefing upon our arrival here suddenly flashed to the forefront of my mind. Sure as there's Treasure on Roon, I was still prisoner; why else would I have been allowed to be at that debriefing if not for the fact that I obviously could not leave this place? And to hear Actars response to my question outright, whether truth or lie, would only start rebuilding that weird wall between us once again.

I glanced down at the floor a moment, then slowly returned to the table where the Admiral still remained seated. Forcing a little smile on my face, I seated myself across from him, leaned over the table, and once again looked deeply into his greeny-brown eyes.

I reached out, and delicately plucked a t'plyyk fruit from a bowl, took a bite of it, and chewed thoughtfully. Wiping my mouth, I pursed my lips, wishing circumstances were far different than they were.

This is reality, Galen. Deal with it.

I looked down at the pearl-encrusted dress I wore, seeing nothing but bitter mockery in it's folds. I carefully straightened a small wrinkle, then looked up to Actar again. I shivered slightly with the sudden realization that every subtle movement I might make, every little nuance, did not go unnoticed by those piercing eyes. I wondered again what was going on in his head, if I'd ever know the answer to that. If indeed I really wanted to know.

I shuddered again. Time to head off in another, safer, direction....

"How do you know about my sister?" I asked.

[ 06-21-2001 03:47 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.200.49
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 06-22-2001 12:30 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He thought to himself, How do I know about her sister? Doesn't she know I can simply sense her presence? "Well," he said, pausing for a few seconds, "we met breifly on Khar Delba, never properly introduced, of course, but", he paused to take a drink of his wine, he looked up at Galen, "you shouldn't worry about your sister right now, she's not coming here, not...yet anyways, and we'll know if she does."

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.213.137

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05