my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » Ambria - Headquarters (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Ambria - Headquarters
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 09-22-2001 04:03 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It didn't matter that negotiation wasn't an option anymore. He didn't plan to negotiate in the first place. He'd be damned before he gave up the one thing in the universe that meant more than anything else ever possibly could.

And all she needed was to say the word, to give him a clue about what to do, and it would be done.

"Matt, are our hyperspace coordinates set and locked in?"

"Yes sir!" the other said, obviously eager to get out of the area.

"Good. Set the silent counter at five seconds so that all ships can know our intent yet we can keep our ships together. We're getting out of here, now," he said, fire shooting through his eyes.

In only a moment, maybe not even half a second, Matt nodded. "It's set. It's now or never."

Five, four...

Terrin held his breath, and prayed that at least for this moment they could evade the enemy and be safe...

Three, two, one...

Unconciously, he closed his eyes, and found that he was holding onto Galen for dear life, as though to keep her with him regardless of the outcome. He'd seen her emotion, her distress, he knew that she was afraid. He wanted to deny that he was too and be the solid one, but he didn't know how much longer that would last.

The Hornett didn't even lurch, but smoothly glided into a higher speed.

Hyperspace. Without even having his eyes open, Terrin knew what it felt like.

He opened his eyes and sighed with relief, finding that Galen had assumed much the same demeanor as he had.

And everyone on deck was watching, probably wondering what the heck had gotten into him...how he had become so emotional and so blatantly obvious about it. In the midst of the horror of the situation, he smiled, not caring one whit about what they thought or wondered.

"Matt, are all ships accounted for?" he finally asked.

After a minute or two of checking, the other nodded. "Yes, everyone made it out in time. And we are all on course."

"Good." Then it occurred to him. On course to where? "And where might we be going?"

Matt grinned, the first sign of amusement on his face that Terrin had seen since he reached deck. "Oh, just the other side of the known galaxy from here. We'll be in hyperspace for quite some time, but everyone was ready for this, so it'll be fine."

"Nice work. Now, as much as I'd like to get some sleep, I think we have some discussing to do first. We can't be caught off gaurd like that a second time. We won't be that lucky twice."

[ 09-22-2001 04:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.168
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 09-22-2001 04:23 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Follow Terrin and company to "To the Other Side of the Universe" in the "Complete Star Wars Universe." THIS THREAD IS TOO LONG!!!

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.168
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-22-2001 06:42 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Blackness.

Ruby-shot, molten blackness; all-encompassing, it flooded from Her psyche, stretched forth cloying tendrils, sought to rend and tear and slash and destroy.

It succeeded. Deeper within, a minute kernal of a trembling warmth, struggling to maintain cohesion, was blanketed. Covered in entirety. Wantonly smothered; more so. Squelched into an embryonic pre-state of being, forced into the non-ness from which the very Elseness of All That Is arises.

Somewhere deep within, a tiny speck of remaining mercy bowed before this enraged onslaught, and disappeared....

The Chosen Daughter leaped to her feet as the Universe around her exploded into shards of black destruction. All she saw was Death. All she felt was a heated outrage almost beyond the capability of being borne. The only light to stream forth through the encroaching dark was that which now blazed forth from the Glyph on her forehead. It shone steadily, refusing to be cowed, with a cold radiance somehow more frightening than the blackened rage.

Through all this came the howling ululation of her Beast. He too shared in her fury and sense of betrayal. The inner Beast yowled in masterful duet.

Damn that vixen; she has more lives than a sandcat! Again she slips through my fingers!

As the words came into her brain, they acted like a sort of catalyst, triggering logic to the forefront. It marched steadily forward, waving its banner, beating down the animalistic emotions which so easily threatened to overtake and consume her completely.

Graysith took a deep and shuddery breath, and glared at the now-empty viewscreen. Terrin Danner's sizeable fleet... gone. Her prey taken with it.

She clenched her hands into fists as the inner Beast sought to stretch forth and yowl again, fighting against it. Gradually loosened the grip with yet another exhaled breath. Felt the unthinking rage flow out with it, being replaced more and more with growing determination and coherence...

...and Something Else. Uttering a small moan, the Daughter of the Sith fell to her knees as a darker, deeper and far, far stronger Tendril crept into her mind. It bore upon the interstices of its structure the Image of One whose mein was that of charnel-house slaughter, whose eyes were fiery beyond the coronal plasmas of suns themselves. The sense of disappointment her Love and Sire slammed home into her being was strong enough to send her hands flying before her eyes, her head bowing in homage and submission.

HE did not materialize. For a long moment time stopped, as He let her feel his reproof from afar. Let her decide what to do with it, what she in fact SHOULD be doing with it. Reminded her once again of her purpose, her destiny, the achievements they ultimately sought together.

A mere three words whispered like frozen blood along the link he maintained with her. "Priorities, my Love..."

Graysith all but fell over as Aelvedaar's presence was abruptly withdrawn. Shaken, she climbed to her feet, one hand reaching out to her navboard to steady herself. Gripping it firmly, she seated herself once again in her command chair, and dared to look out upon the star-sprinkled universe which so calmly surrounded her.

She pursed her lips with new purpose, her violet eyes slitting.

Very well, my dear. In a final burst against an earlier vow, she reached out her blackness, sought her blood-sister, reached into her brain and allowed the words to be seeded there. You elude me yet again. So be it... for now.

But know this: you cannot run far enough. You cannot hide from me forever. I will have the Child... and you, my sweet, sweet sister...

The final horrific words sussurating like the hiss of a snake, she withdrew from the mind she had so easily entered. Somewhere in hyperspace, Galen shivered, as her fear grew unthinkably deeper.

Satisfied, Graysith played about the navboard, setting in a course. Beyond her viewscreen, the stars lurched into the white glory of hyperdrive, which sent a soft glow upon her. She heeded it not, but turned her back altogether and headed away as her ship leapt along its new course.

Graysith followed her own course to Shayla Stargazer Petrolu.

[ 09-23-2001 10:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.178
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-22-2001 06:47 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Indeed, this thread is LOOOOONG. SO: follow Graysith to The Great Temple at Khar Delba in the "Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple" forum. This one is being closed.

But wasn't it a good one?))

[ 08-04-2002 09:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.178

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05