my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » A Creep of Shadow (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: A Creep of Shadow
RhoHalla

Member # 934

posted 10-29-2007 05:41 PM     Profile for RhoHalla   Author's Homepage   Email RhoHalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: The thread Tears of the Rancor in the "Jedi/Sith" forums continues here, thank you.))

RhoHalla blinked furiously as she hurried down the dimly lit corridors in the underbelly of the Great Temple of the Warriors, struggling to keep angry tears from erupting and coursing down her face. So intent was she on trying to keep this aspect of her psyche under control that she wasn't aware of her hastening pace; before she knew it she was practically running, her footfalls echoing hollowly against the uncaring stone.

That had been altogether too close! she fumed to herself. And where was Freedon? Hadn't he vowed to remain with her, to watch over her, to take her with him?

She reached out vainly.

Freedon, are you there?

Nothing. Only the stir of her own memories came in reply.

Without knowing where her budding mentor had gotten himself off to -- for all she knew this sudden absence of communication could very well mean he was dead! -- and not knowing how to follow in his footsteps, all she could do was go back to her mundane little position at the bottom of the totem pole.

She didn't like it one bit.

I'll do this myself, then, she vowed to herself, slowing now so as to think more logically.

Somehow, someway, I'll find those people he was referring to. I'll join them, somehow.

But for the moment, all she could do was try to figure out how that event was going to occur, exactly. It was enough to slow her pell-mell pace; with a sigh, she lowered her head and continued on at a mere walk, now allowing hot tears to finally escape from the imprisonment she had imposed upon them.

[ 10-29-2007 05:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by RhoHalla ]

Posts: 55 | From: Phrinnchatka | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
The All

Member # 144

posted 11-16-2007 02:33 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
All throughout the great city of Phrinnchatka, whatever device or machination there was which ran on the power of Sith magick, all suddenly ground to an inexplicable halt.

The Great Library went quite dead.

The people made a great outcry, one which grew louder and louder as bit by bit the realization that whatever magicks this warrior world yet utilized, all appeared to have simply disappeared. Many went to the temple of S'slan, there to offer up ancient sacrifices and homage, appealing to his great spirit, beseeching him to bestow upon them that which they had lost, had grown used to over time, had indeed grown entirely too dependent upon.

But the equally ancient entity remained mute... and the outcry turned roundabout, now reaching out in another direction, still seeking explanation, any answer at all:

And that was toward the nobility, the Dark Lady, and by that, in her absence, to the only person now in line who might be able to assist them.

The daugher of the Dark Lady of the Sith, the Lady ShaRhylla...

((OOC: To see what happened, go to page 7, this date, in Out of the Unknown in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 11-16-2007 03:01 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla came out onto her balcony, and from its lofty height stared down at the growing, crying populace who was filling the square at the base of the temple with more and more bodies. Her heart swelled, and she gloated to herself as their cries of, "Lady ShaRhylla, save us!" came like sweet, sweet music to her ears.

Nevermind that it was only by pure happenstance that she, and she alone, was the sole person said populace could turn to... at least for the moment.

When her ego had filled to where it could hold nothing more, she raised her arms dramatically to the sky, the sleeves of her robes falling down to expose her pale and slender arms.

"For you!" she cried out, knowing full and well her powers would come to her at her merest whim, and by said whim would restore whatever in S'slan's Name they were down there moaning and complaining about. As for herself, she hadn't the slightest clue, nor, if anyone would ask, did she really care.

She made a gesture... and nothing happened. The mysterious devices running the great city remained silent; a fast running messenger departed, only to return with the shocking knowledge that the Great Library was yet dark and unresponsive.

The halfling frowned, forcing down a rising chill, and tried again, this time harder. Nothing. She blinked, waved a hand to create a portal into the Library...

Yet nothing.

The cries of the people took on an ominous overtone then, as with no further ado she ran back into her suites, locking herself in before further attempting anything with her innate talents.

She couldn't so much as create a sugarplum for her dessert.

Wafting out over the rising cries of the populace of Phrinnchatka, there now came a ululating howl, one born from the depths of anger and frustration...

And not laced without more than a little fear.

[ 11-16-2007 03:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 12-20-2007 12:58 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Having returned months ago from his adventure to Phrinnchatka, certain he had lost RhoHalla to whatever excitement had taken place in the Great Temple after he had been so unceremoniously kicked out of the city. The experience had humbled the sorcerer, and he had returned to the United Sith, taken care of the day to day affairs of the fledgling political movement. For all their bluster and bravado, he realized, most just wanted a place to live in peace and freedom. Naad, ever ambitious, found that he too delighted in the peaceful routine of life in the slowly growing village. Though he wasn't sure village was the right word any more. The little town had expanded a great deal. though the village's orignal footprint remained the most densely populated, the gradually growing population had forced some to settle further and further out until the village begun to stretch out over the empty plains that surrounded it. Indeed, just managing the affairs of the United Sith had become quite a task in itself. Naad had also re-dedicated himself to his study of sorcery, recalling the passion for the arcane mysteries of the craft that had initially drawn him to the Sorcerers. Between his political duties and his studies he had little time for thoughts of revolution. Indeed, aside from the occasional seditious remark during a speech, one would hardly recognize this humble steward of the people as the conniving and manipulative old sorcerer Freedon Naad. Indeed, it was fully possible that he might have lived out the rest of his days in this way. But Destiny is cruel, and people are seldom as reformed as they appear. So it was with Freedon Naad.

Naad had sensed something was wrong with the workings of magick days before the first panick stricken Sith artificer had informed him of the problem, and almost a whole week before a handful refugees from the hysteria that had enveloped Phrinchackta had arrived at the gates to his city and begged for sanctuary with its walls. Relatively new and primitive, the city of the United Sith was founded more on mundane technology than magick, and so its sudden failure, though disturbing to those long used to manipulating its power, was not catastrophic. Naad had not taken the news well. Cloistering himself in his office for days, the sorcerer had struggled to make even the least magick function. He failed on all accounts, and when he finally gave up he fell into such a foul mood that none of his advisers dared try to rouse him from his torpor. Instead they tried to compensate for his absence by assuming his responsibilities for a time. While the city looked eagerly to its absent leader for guidance in this time of trial, Naad brooded in the shadows of his private chambers, appearing only when absolutely necessary to deliver half-hearted speeches of comfort. In the darkness of his despair, the demon of ambition once again began to whisper in his ear.
Perhaps all is not lost it told him, After all, if you can't use magick, neither can they. Perhaps this is a sign from S'slan himself. Pull yourself together, its time to lead your people out of this plodding mundanity and onward to glory.

At first he ignored these notions, remembering the humiliation he had suffered in his past attempt at political overthrow. But his ambition whispered tales of glory and grandeur and offered him political power to fill the void that the loss of his magick had left inside him. Naad could not resist for long. As it is said, "A tiger cannot change his stripes." When Naad finally emerged from seclusion he was once again the fiery and charismatic leader his people needed. He was also filled with a terrible ambition and now, as far as he could tell, he was competing on an even playing field. There was much planning to be done. But Naad suspected that even this catastrophe could be made to serve his ends.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 157.252.146.142
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-19-2008 12:20 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((*** Panthar and Matt enter from Another Shade of All in this forum.***)))

Panthar shrugged and stood, almost, in the small cockpit. A short crawl brought him to the passenger area of the converted bomber. The seats were empty, yet kept clean by the minimal maintenance offered by the Sith.

Panthar scratched his head and walked to the back panel across from him. Touching a button, he caused the panel to slide open, revealing a stack of three sleek black boxes sitting atop a larger flat box.

Intrigued, he removed the top box and opened it. Inside was white blaster, set in a cushioned niche that seemed to be made just for it. Below the barrel, also set in its own niche, was a com-link. Panthar smiled and checked the next box. Finding rations in this box, he removed the other identical box and set both aside.

Truly curious now, he took out the larger box and peeked inside. His face lit with delight and he whirled to return to the cockpit.

“You will never guess what I found!” he exclaimed as he sat. Matt returned a curious look to Panthar’s beaming face. Unable to control his excitement further, Panthar lifted the top off of the large box.

“Holo-chess!” he shouted.

Four standard hours later, Panthar finished a last game of solitaire chess and placed the lid on the box. Matt had been dozing for some time, and Panthar cleared his throat loudly to wake Matt.

“We’ll be entering normal space pretty soon, I think,” he said as Matt stirred. “Do you want another game before we do?”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Matt Stanza

Eagle Enterprises Second in Command

Member # 415

posted 07-19-2008 12:43 AM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt slowly came to and stretched a bit to get the kinks out, turning then to look at Panthar.

"Ahhhh, I think I'll pass," he commented lightly. "After years of playing sabaac with Jasyn, I've become a bit competitive myself. And at the moment I'm short the credits to bid. Besides, I wanna give systems a good look over and make sure we're all set for reversion."

Saying nothing further, Matt did precisely that, looking over everything on the navboard with a fine-tooth comb. As he was finishing up, the hyperspace counter began winding its way down to zero, a red light blinking rhythmically on the navboard. And although Matt wasn't as good of a pilot as some others, he still managed to bring the modified TIE from hyperspace into realspace with a touch of grace.

He established orbit and then ran a planetary scan, frowning a bit as he did so.

"Ahhh, Panthar?" he queried,shooting a look over to the man in a Sith's body, "We might have a problem here. Although I've been here several times, I've never been the one piloting...

...and I don't know the coordinates for the spaceport or the capital city. Still, this ship was on Khar Delba, so the coordinates might be here..."

He trailed, pulling up the navigational logs as he did so. "But if not...

...we are going to have to find the port. And all things considered, we just might not want to sit down right in the port anyway...

...just to keep a low profile, you know."

And to keep a means of getting out of here if we need to, he thought to himself.

[ 07-19-2008 12:46 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

--------------------

You bow to no one. Not anymore. Not ever again.~~~Matt Stanza

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-19-2008 01:03 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Low profile?” asked Panthar, looking at Matt curiously. “But why would we keep a low profile? We’re here to find the Dark Lord and Lady, and to see if we can offer assistance if they are not here. What is so scary about that?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 07-19-2008 01:12 AM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt just shook his head. "Look, our intentions are noble, yes. But we're talking about heading into a warrior world that is probably very shaken after the loss of powers. Granted, they don't rely on powers so much...

...but their leaders do. And ShaRhylla, as I have been trying to point out, is not necessarily the most predictable. I say low profile just in case we get in over our heads, good intentions or not."

--------------------

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-19-2008 01:51 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar sat back in his seat and let his head sink back.

“Point taken,” he said. “Hopefully she won’t somehow blame us for this.”

Panthar paused, his eyes flicking to Matt.

“You, um… you don’t think she would do that, do you?”

A beeping sound interrupted Matt’s reply, and both men looked down at the navboard. I small light blinked next to a readout, and Panthar leaned in to read it.

“It looks like we better figure out where the spaceport is pretty soon,” he said. “This is saying that the fuel is low. I’ll check the log to see if we have any coordinate…”

Panthar reached for the navboard buttons, then stopped as another readout scurried across the screen.

“Wow,” he said, reading. “I think this ship has been here before. It is reading out a report of an abandoned spaceport on the surface. I think that’s probably our place… ya think?”

--------------------

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 07-19-2008 11:37 AM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt chewed his lower lip a bit, taking a look at the readouts himself. "Well, there might be more than one spaceport on planet, it's not uncommon. Still, we have a fuel situation and don't really have the time to discuss the finer points of identifying the spaceport in committee."

He paused, keying something in on the navboard. "It'll have to do."

With nothing other than, Matt brought the modified fighter out of orbit and honed her in on the coordinates the log gave them, heading for atmosphere. As he did so, he kept his eyes peeled on both the navboard and the view screen...

...and became increasingly aware that the spaceport the logs were telling them was there wasn't there at all. Instead they were coming in on dense jungle...

...with no immediate signs of any good clearing to land the ship. Unfortunately, it was too late in the landing cycle to return to atmosphere and doing so would burn far too much fuel. Matt didn't have any other choice but to crash-land.

"Hang on!" he yelled, not even sparing a moment to look at Panthar. "We don't have the fuel to go back to atmosphere!"

Slowing the ship as much as he could, Matt continued to descend, finding the closest approximation to a clearing as he could, thankful that the ship they were in was at least fairly small. As they proceeded downward and the ship continued to slow, various and sundry unidentifiable scratches, bumps, gratings, and thumps could be heard as they half-landed, half-crashed, to the surface. The final few moments of landing consisted of nearly rolling to a standstill.

Only then did Matt take his eyes from the navboard to assess any personal injuries. Aside from a minor scratch or pain here or there, he was mostly unscathed. As he looked over to Panthar, Matt was thankful to find that the other man seemed fairly hale and whole, circumstances considered.

"Nice spaceport..." he muttered then, waiting for Panthar to recover and wondering just where on the planet they truly were.

[ 07-19-2008 11:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-19-2008 12:41 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Shayla enters from As I Lay Me Down to Sleep in the CSWU.)))

The Preon exited hyperspace and smoothly glided to realspace as Shayla established orbit around the planet of K'eel Doba. In short order she then programmed in coordinates to Ch'arlingua into the navcomputer, letting her ship do the work of determining the appropriate time window to begin its descent. For a few moments, her greeny-blue eyes defocused then as she centered on something newly-developing within her psyche, something borne not unnatrally but instead of a growing understanding. Meditating upon that for some time, Shayla was only jarred from these thoughts as the Preon's navboard began to chirp insistently at her, indicating that it was leaving orbit and heading for atmosphere to begin the landing cycle.

Refocusing her attentions on the ship then, Shayla monitored the navboard as she headed into the bustling spaceport, still managing to land with an air of grace that no one other than a true pilot could manage. As the ship settled itself on the tarmac, Shayla cooled the engines and put them to sleep, fully expecting to be met upon exiting as she then got to her feet and brushed off her violet and silver flightsught. Surveying the controls of the Preon a final time, she left the cabin of the yacht and moved purposefully to the hatch of the ship. Keying in a series of numbers on the nearby control, she extended the hatch, pausing only a moment to remove a violet cloak from a wardrobe closet and wrap it about herself.

Departing the Preon entirely, she closed and secured the hatch even as she was approached by a pair of Sith warriors. She lowered her head respectfully, remaining motionless for a moment before looking up once more.

"I am Shayla Stargazer, Chosen Sister of Lady Graysith," she said simply, "I wish to speak with her or Lady ShaRhylla, with news of the utmost importance," she explained briefly, lowering her face once more in deference and waiting to see what the two warriors would do.

[ 07-19-2008 12:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-19-2008 09:21 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Well,” said Panthar, wiping a bead of sweat from his brow. He rose from his seat and looked around the cockpit, finally stopping on Matt.

“Are you all right? Dang, what happened? I was hoping that the spaceport on the screen was the main one in the city, since this ship belonged to Darth What-his-name and he was probably using this ship before the Sith returned. But I didn’t expect jungle.”

Panthar rose and crawled back into the cargo area. He located the boxes in various places and gathered them up. He threw one of the rations boxes to Matt and tucked the other inside his shirt, then opened the blaster case and took out both the weapon and the communicator.

“All right, at least we have some food, water, and weapons. Now let’s see if we can find this old spaceport and figure out where we are.”

He touched the controls for the doorway, and even though a light blipped the door remained shut. He tried again, and again there was no response. Growling, he brought down his massive fist hard against the bulkhead next to the controls. The panel blipped, then lit up, and the door groaned open.

“You sure you’re all right?” he asked again. Matt nodded, and Panthar lingered for a moment and then stepped out into the jungle air. His head popped back, eyes and forehead set in a quizzical look.

“Hey, they don’t have tuk’ata here, do they?”

--------------------

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 07-19-2008 09:42 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt's hand strayed down to his blaster hilt at the mere mention of tuk'ata. "Let's hope not. I know there are wild ones on Kori'san and domesticated ones on Khar Delba. So I think it's reasonable to be wary that one or both reside here."

He paused with that, scanning the area with his alert green eyes. "At least there looks like there is a clearing back that way," he indicated then, nodding in a particular direction. "Maybe that's our spaceport. Although wouldn't want to assume as much. This whole planet was completely different before the Sith's return. It's logical to assume the logs coordinates might not be so accurate now."

He shrugged then, beginning to walk as they headed towards the previously indicated clearing. In the clearing, nestled within a mountainous region, was a small, one story heavy-stone edifice. On its doors were multiple runes and symbols.

Matt frowned, never having seen this before. "I have no idea where we are," he indicated, pursing his lips. "I'd say we should pull up the ship's logs again, but they've already been proven faulty so I don't know were that would get us. Now might be a good time to see if one of our comm links can raise somebody to steer us in the right direction, since our ship is for the moment stuck were it is and low on fuel."

Matt sighed. "Unless, of course, you have a better idea."

[ 07-19-2008 09:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-19-2008 10:23 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar glanced up at the stone and saw the engraved symbols upon it and the doors it held in place.

“Hang on,” he said. “I can read Sith, maybe I can make this out.”

He walked closed to the stone and gazed upon the symbols. He was confused, expecting to see a recognizable pattern, instead was greeted with a series of strange images he could not immediately recognize.

“Whoa, this is really unusual. This is not Sith writing, per se… not letters… wait, wait a minute… These are symbols, and I’ve seen things like this before. On a planet, where I discovered the crystal that held Phalo-- wait a minute, this place seems really familiar. I think maybe I’ve been here before.”

Panthar looked around, trying to remember why these surroundings seemed familiar. He ran his hand along the stone and then onto the ancient door, tracing the images engraved upon it. He placed his finger into the groove that outlined a particular symbol, one he recognized but at the moment had trouble naming. It was a combination of sharp angles and smooth curves, bringing together the ferocity of conflict and the harmony of order…

“S’slan…”

Panthar’s eyes opened wide and shot to Matt.

“This is the Temple of S’slan!” he exclaimed.

[ 07-19-2008 10:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 07-19-2008 10:31 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt arched a brow. "I'm hoping you know where it is in relation to our correct destination," he commented then, surveying the area. "You think anyone might be inside, and if not perhaps there might be something we can use in there?" he asked then, nodding towards the temple.

Pausing then, he took a few steps about to take a further look at the area surrounding them. "There's jungle back that way," he said, pointing back towards the ship, "And mountains back that way," he said in the other direction.

"When you were at this temple, do you remember from where you came, and if you took either path to get here?"

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-19-2008 10:42 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar’s eyes opened wide again.

“Go in?” he half shouted. “We’re not going in there! The last time we barely made it out, and I don’t want to even think about going in there again. It does things to you… really bad…. things.”

Panthar stared at the door, his finger still pressed against the smooth track of the symbol of S’slan.

“Graysith said that the warriors used this place to prepare for battle. I don’t even remember why we were here, I think to just get away from everyone for a while. I think we almost died, but that memory is buried. I could feel it in my mind, wanting me to think like it does, to go out and do harm to all…”

Panthar moved his hand along the door and felt the ancient cold of the metal handle that held the door shut. It too was lined with symbols, and he ran a finger along their unknown meanings. His finger then paused, coaxing its brothers to join it as it wrapped around the handle.

Panthar gasped as he realized what he was doing. He forced himself to step back, then shook his head and turned to Matt.

“Graysith opened a portal to bring us here, I don’t know the way to the city. But… but there are mountains near the city, right? Not jungle so much, but mountains.”

As he spoke, his head turned slowly back to the door. A deeply rooted desire to pull it open and enter the temple crept its way into his heart, and he saw his hand reaching outward for the handle once again.

A bead of sweat trickled its way down his forehead and dripped into his eye.

“Stop me…” he whispered.

--------------------

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 07-19-2008 11:07 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt looked at Panthar, a look of total confusion falling on his face. "Buddy, I think you're overreacting a bit. Unless I'm mistaken or something has changed, our buddy the Eyes turned off all the powers and magick, remember?"

He trailed a walking over to the large sith and turning him away from the door, physically unable to wrap an arm about his shoulder in comraderie. Only after he'd gotten Panthar to step away a few paces did he motion towards the mountains, his words clesrly intended to draw his companion's attention away from the Temple.

"We've got hiking the mountains to look forward to, and I wouldn't want ya getting all worn out worrying," he commented lightly, turning a bit more serious then. "I say we get going."

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-19-2008 11:16 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar, now away from the door, forced his eyes to the mountains in the distance.

“Yeah,” he said. “Walking. That’s good, clear the head a bit. But Matt,” he said, turning his face to his companion. “I felt the pull of that place. It’s not an over-reaction, and I don’t think it’s just something in my head. I can still feel it, and if somehow that place still has the power to do that… then maybe Googly didn’t turn off everything. Do you remember what he told you, exactly?”

--------------------

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 07-19-2008 11:37 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt continued to work his way into the mountains, shaking his head a bit. "Not much, actually," he admitted. "Just something about no point being given, but that one could be earned. I think we've all assumed that That Which Is wants us to use abilities and such for more than just individual needs, but for a greater purpose."

He paused a moment, shrugging. "We need to focus ourselves to the task at hand and not worry about it," he then repeated. "I still say you're sensing something that you fear, and not necessarily something that is really there. I mean, thusfar no sith Magicks or any powers have worked. I don't know why this Temple would be a sudden exception to the rule."

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-20-2008 12:04 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Maybe because it’s not Sith magick that runs this thing?” Panthar stood for a moment, pondering. “Ah, I don’t know. It’s a lot to think about, but maybe it needs some thought. I doubt there is any ‘sudden’ exceptions to the rules, anyway. If we even know what these rules are, for certain.”

Panthar looked back towards the mountains, his frown deepening.

“Looks like a long way to the mountains,” he said. “Might take a couple of days. So yeah, I’m with ya, let’s get started.”

And with that, the two men began their long walk.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-21-2008 09:03 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla followed the warrior as she indicated she do so with a slight nod of his head in the direction of the Sith transport system. In a few brief moments they were aboard, heading towards the Temple. All the while she allowed her mind to wander to her budding plans, all of which were overlayed with one single, haunting image.

One which most certainly confirmed to her that Graysith had been right all along, about a great many things.

The only thing that drew her from her thoughts was the transport slowing to a graceful stop. Again the warrior motioned her to follow, and again she complied, knowing where they were going but allowing him to take the lead out of nothing other than sheer respect. At length they finally came to the Temple and she was escorted inside into the Grand Foyer, where the warrior indicated that she stop. He then proceeded to have a conversation in High Sith with another, who nodded and turned, heading out of the Foyer and back towards an area Shayla knew held the living suites.

She merely waited, hoping that Graysith was at the Temple, more than willing to take whatever steps might be necessary to find her if she was not.

[ 07-21-2008 09:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 07-21-2008 09:21 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After something of a hiatus a tall, celery-eyed major-domo type approached the quietly waiting Shayla, trailing his elegant robes behind him. Floating to a graceful halt before her, he performed a short bow, his hand clasped together within his loose sleeves.

"A thousand pardons, Lady, but the Dark Lady is currently not within the Temple walls," he announced smoothly, his eyes pinned on a point approximately seventeen centimeters above her left shoulder.

"The Lady ShaRhylla is in, but has been... indisposed for some time now.."

He trailed uncomfortably, torn between duty and the wisdom inherent in leaving the young firebrand utterly alone. He had no wish to face her wrath, which had been considerable as of late, the only assurety one could count on now that all magicks had fled into the very void of the unknown.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-21-2008 09:39 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Two hours passed by as the two walked through the rocky terrain. Panthar, at home in the outdoors, enjoyed the quiet and strolled alongside Matt without even realizing how much time had passed without so much as a word between them. He glanced sideward to Matt, a little embarrassed, and allowed his mouth to move.

“So,” he broke into the silence. “How do you think the others are faring? You think Shayla has come back yet? I can’t imagine what Eric and her are going through. Oh, man, and I know I must have seemed cold back there… Everything is just so strange now.”

Panthar’s thoughts drifted, as did his eyes, into the woods that thickened slightly in this area.

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-21-2008 09:40 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's eyes grew wide and expressive.

"The Dark Lady's life is in danger," Shayla said in a voice low and full of portent. "Finding her is of the greatest importance, and I need Lady ShaRhylla's help."

Shayla paused then, considering. "I know of the loss of powers and magicks...

... as well as how it happened and what we must do to possibly regain them."

She fell silent a moment, letting those words speak for themselves. "I am willing to deal with Lady ShaRhylla's wrath myself, for the sake of Graysith's the Dark Lady, if you can tell me where I might find her."

[ 07-21-2008 09:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 07-21-2008 09:56 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Major Domo hesitated. Well he knew the fate of those who crossed the young halfling; loss of magicks or no, she was still the Heir Apparent to the Warrior Clan, and as such had much control over the affairs of the temple. With the Dark Lady gone, she was in effect fully Dark Lady Pro Temp; he had no wish to discover the delicate cruelties it was rumored she portioned out to those who angered her.

But if what this young human was saying now was indeed true...

Surely the Lady will forgive me bringing her into her presence, and if angered just might take it out on her instead of me.

He closed his eyes, and bowed fractionally.

"If you will follow me then," he said without missing a beat before turning and leading Shayla from their current position and into the warren of corridors which lead into the very heart of the great temple. After several turns, and after going down a particularly noisome set of moss-ridden stairs, they came upon an immense, blackened door. A dim reddish light showed at the base of it.

The Major Domo stopped and bowed.

"These are the rooms the Lady has taken to of late," he said, the closest apology Shayla would receive for being led so far away from the inhabited part of the magnificent temple.

"You will find her within those doors."

He nodded toward the sinister door, nodded his head differentially, and with no more ado turned and fled back the way he had come.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05