my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » A Creep of Shadow (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: A Creep of Shadow
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-21-2008 11:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla approached the door the Major Domo had indicated, pausing for a moment to consider the blackened door, her mind going to another time and place. Knowing there was no time for such things, however, Shayla reached out with assurety and opened the door, stepping inside and letting it close behind her.

"ShaRylla?" she called, not daring to enter further for the moment out of a remaining respect for the younger woman's privacy despite her audacity to actually enter therein. "It's Shayla. The Sith need you, powers or not. Your mother's life is in danger...

...we both know that, we both saw it. And right now she is with him."

Shayla paused a moment, pursing her lips. "There may be a way we can get back the powers that have been lost."

[ 07-21-2008 11:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 07-22-2008 02:41 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For days now, ever since her public failure, the halfling had remained sequestered here, in this dark and foreboding room. It was not a room where certain warriors came to meditate, neither was it one long associated with the Dark Lord, as was Lord Aelvedaar's Sanctum Sanctorum in the Great Temple of the Sorcerers on Khar Delba.

No, this was a place of bloodshed, of madness and murder. It was an adjunct to the temple to S'slan, the Sith god of war. And it was to him that ShaRhylla had alternately prayed and railed, praised and reviled, all in the hopes of regaining that which had once been as natural to her as blinking an eye.

To no avail. Her god remained aloof, no matter how many servants' appendages she truncated, no matter how many throats she slit, no matter how many bodies she sent via tongueless slaves to quietly disappear into the even deeper bowels of the temple.

From the shadows then she came, her interest piqued, her arm lowering from its prepatory throwing position, her jeweled dagger hotly clenched.

"It is good I remember you," the words hissed out from between her fangs. "Or you would not now be standing."

She came fully into the open, perhaps bereft of the All but not of the fighting abilities taught to her by Dark Lord Roan... or at least that which at the time she had believed to be her then-beloved father. Her slim body was barely covered by a short fighting tunic, cut both low and high, and bearing no sleeves to entangle her. Golden armlets encrusted with jewels of scarlet and turquoise and impossible black, such as those worn by Darth Wicked, encircled her upper arms and ankles; her bared toes gripped the floor as would those of a hunting rancor. She crossed completely out of the shadows then and came up to Shayla, and as if the sudden appearance of the Chosen Sister was the most everyday occurence in her world came to a halt before her.

"You may speak," she said haughtily, well recalling how the last time they were with each other Shayla had seemed to be taking a bit of the upper hand. This she would simply not tolerate, though this woman was special to her mother. She was, after all, merely chosen by her; wasn't she, ShaRhylla, blood of her blood and thus kin of her line?

Not that she had anything personal against Shayla; at least not anything more than she would against anyone else. A dark flicker in the greenish-blue eyes before her helped remind her of this. But she was In Line, and by blood destined to rule, halfling though she was.

And if her powers returned, she would be certain of it; thus she condescended to listen to what Shayla had to say.

"Speak," she repeated, making the word come out in a tone just shy of a command, and waited to hear just exactly what it was that Shayla knew.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-22-2008 01:31 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"All powers and abilities have been blocked by a being known as That Which Is, which I believe is the representation of the All itself."

She paused, pursing her lips thoughtfully. "This happened, as I have come to understand, because we have been using our powers for minor, insignificant things rather than for the Greater Good. People have been using talents to protect the ones they love..."

Trailing, her eyes defocused a bit. "...and to achieve personal goals, on a widespread scale." Her eyes snapped alert then, and she refocused on ShaRhylla's eerie, bicolored eyes. "Beings known as the Yuuzhan Vong, who originate from another galaxy, are coming to conquer this galaxy. They have been here before, but were defeated. Now they return with another one, one who is powerful, one whom both your mother and I have encountered..."

She hesitated then, recalling what had happened to her when she had been taken by the Darkness, her greeny-blue eyes darkening impossibly. "I believe that one is in league with Powers within the Darker Realms," she then explained, relating how she had found and spoken to the him via the Vong villip she had found within the Temple of the Armorers. "The Master has been in league with the Darkness, and would exchange his son for its power...

...although I believe he is not aware of the Link between the Realms and the Vong. If he gives his Son, as he has been planning, what you and I saw in the Revealer regarding your mother's death will come to pass, I am certain of it. She is with him now, and things are already taking place which may bring the Revealer's image to reality."

Again she paused, her eyes growing impossibly darker. "Power, not love. Recall our discussion of the Female Triad, of three ladies strong in power to rule rather than the current Triumvirate? As it stands the Sith triad, led by the Lords, is riddled with those who are held powerless in Love, and with one who is being used as a Grand Pawn by the Master."

"We must regain your mother, and seek the Power the Female Triad will bring, one not manipulated by matters of the heart, in order to save the Galaxy. In striving for this I believe the Power which has been blocked from us all will be restored...

...at least to those who would use said power only for the Greater Good of All. That Which Is has implied this...

...and regardless, I feel true power comes from within, and not merely via Force and LAll abilities."

Shayla cocked her head slightly. "Consider yourself. You are the daughter of the Dark Lady, and by blood the Heiress. Your natural-borne All abilities are but part of the reason you are Powerful. I see it within you even now."

[ 07-22-2008 01:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 07-22-2008 09:05 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Greater Good of All...

Personally, ShaRhylla didn't give a womprat's hind end for the good of anybody but herself... but something Shayla mentioned rang true.

Power. The power she had within her, loss of her abilities or no.

She fought back her rising bloodlust and immaturity a moment -- quite a dangerous combination, that -- and allowed herself to think. Really think.

Power... yes, that she most assuredly possessed. For, even without having any abilities left to her, not a drop, wasn't she yet viewed with trembling eye and even more trembling heart by those within this temple's walls? Didn't she already show this, by the recent sacrifices she had made to S'slan, sacrifices which came to her, fearful to die but even more fearful to stand up to her?

Yes. Power she did have. Strength, just like her Father.

But her mother...

"You say Mother is yet with... him," she opened smoothly, curling her fingers to study her pearly claws. Her bi-colored eyes flicked to Shayla.

"Is this of her own will, or his? How can Mother be one of the Triad, if she is yet committing herself to-- to--"

She could scarcely bring herself to say the word, for she couldn't really think of any reason the Dark Lady would otherwise remain with him. S'slan alone knew how she had worked and worked to remove herself from this terrible temptation since her abandonment by Rykounagin.

"To love!" she finally spat, clenching her fist now and raising it up before herself. She shot dagger eyes at Shayla then, before continuing.

"And what of you in this regard?" she whispered blackly, the hiss inherent to that simple question sending shadows to skirling back and away in terror of their portent.

[ 07-22-2008 09:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-22-2008 09:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's greeny blue eyes darkened. "I have been allowing him to hold me back," she said, shaking her head. "Not anymore. As for your Mother, she knows of the trappings love can bring, she is the one who taught me."

Shayla met ShaRhylla's firey eyes with her darkening greeny-blues. "I have only recently come to understand her teaching, truly. She has simply forgotten and does not know what Lord Phalomir will do to her, whether he will intentionally or as a mere pawn...

...she needs to know." Shayla paused, pursing her lips.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 07-22-2008 09:44 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's eyes narrowed, but surprisingly, not her vision. She gave Shayla a long, appraising look, and then--

"I agree," she said succinctly, her entire aspect suddenly changing from an ambushing dianoga to that of a hungry rancor. Hiding the darkness that flashed up in her soul, she let forth an artificial yawn, and went to the back of the dangerous room.

There stood a violet-besmeared altar to an even more dangerous god. She reached out a finger, wiped it in the coagulating Sith blood, and held it up for contemplation.

"The Warriors already have pulled away from the Triumvirate," she said, suddenly shrewd. "This I know from what Mother had told me. I do not think they wish to return to that either, they do not need them. It is an old way, an ancient way, a way leading to nothing but stagnant tradition."

She whirled, twining the bloody finger through her hair now.

"How to convince them that in the case of One, Three would lead. Surely they are growing used to the guidance of One Lady, don't you think?"

Her brows lowered, covering her flashing eyes like thunderheads.

"How can we trust Mother now, she who has remained with-- Him for so lengthy a time?"

She stared at Shayla, not really seeing her, seeing only a blustering Dark Lord who once treated her like a disobedient child. That was something she never could tolerate, hadn't at the time, and certainly didn't come close to doing now. Push come to shove, she simply didn't like Phalomir, and trusted no one who associated with him.

Even if that person was her own flesh and blood mother.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-22-2008 10:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Because she has made the same error in judgement that you and I have made once ourselves...

...and then turned from it to become stronger."

Shayla paused. "She will do the same. Aside from that, That Which Is allowed me to be a vessel rejoin her spirit to her body...

...and then deigned that I still live as well. There is a reason for this, one which has not yet been revealed. Aside from that, your Mother has more knowledge of the Sith, amongst other things, than either of us do."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 07-22-2008 10:22 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's focus snapped back to Shayla, and she leaned in more closely.

"Are you certain of this?" she breathed darkly. Then she pulled back, donning her cloak of aloof hauteur once more.

"How do you propose we save Mother?" she asked, the tone of her voice implying that she didn't care if they did or not.

"Where is she, and what are is it you wish for me to do?"

That alone was a rare enough thing, that ShaRhylla would suffer herself to be willing subject of someone else's desire.

At least anyone else but Entaris.

--------------------

Matt Stanza

Eagle Enterprises Second in Command

Member # 415

posted 07-22-2008 10:22 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt cocked a brow Panthar's way. "I don't know if being any more sympathetic would have helped. I mean, we helped Kartan look for Shayla, so there wasn't much more that could be done."

He paused, continuing to walk. "As for whetehr or not Stargazer has returned, I can't say. You forget--or perhaps simply aren't aware--that back when Terrin and Galen first met and we got involved in all of this, Shayla and Graysith were the "bad guys." We were looking for some weapon called the Nar Khelba and trying to protect Galen and her baby, the Jedi were trying to find Shayla who had been kidnapped from the Praxeum...

..and Kartan was looking for her along with the Jedi. It took her some time before she let him in to her defenses, based on what I observed. She seemed quite at home being with Graysith, and keeping him mostly at bay."

Matt paused a moment, shrugging. "It wouldn't surprise me if it happened again. History does tend ot repeat itself."

--------------------

You bow to no one. Not anymore. Not ever again.~~~Matt Stanza

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-22-2008 10:49 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes, I am," Shayla said, her own eyes darkening a bit, not backing down in the matter despite ShaRhylla's hauteur. "The others believe her to be on Endor; this was shown via the Octahedron before all power was lost."

Quieting for a moment, Shayla pursed her lips slightly, then continued. "Lord Phalomir is on Endor as well, and they intend to try and make a truce with the Empire. Is this what you think is best for your people?" Shayla queried, cocking a brow.

"You have a chance to stop them, now, before this happens."

Shayla's greeny-blues met Rhylla's bicolored eyes. "Besides, as it stands you are in the Blood Line to lead the Warriors. Yet there are other clans as well."

Shayla quirked a brow. "Unless a change is brought about those clans will continue to be lead by weaker vessels...

...and Lord Phalomir yet bears the marks of all three. You the only one who stands in a rightful Blood Line to deal with this."

Shayla paused. "The Bloodline of your Mother, who became Dark Lady in a rightful challenge."

[ 07-22-2008 10:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 07-23-2008 12:48 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla sniffed.

"How he has come to carry the marks of all three clans is beyond me; certainly not by blood!" she spat, then gave another sniff. For the Sith honored bloodline above all else; well was she aware of her position in the heirarchy of political structure.

Even though my father wasn't the true Dark Lord Roan, she gulped to herself, but firmed quickly. No matter; a stronger father one could never find. Truly I am the perfect one for the warrior clan!

She cocked her head, considering all Shayla had said.

"To make a true change is to erase the clanships, and unite the Sith as one people," she said, surprising herself for her objectivity.

"People who will once again lead the galaxy."

And I will lead them, and be Queen; no, Empress...

The word had a nice ring to it, bringing a snarly little smile to her lips. The smile deepened at the further thought of her Mother approaching the Imperials.

Perhaps she will then be destroyed for what she did to them, she thought to herself. If I am lucky, both shall. And I will be left... with that doddering old spell-weaver Aelvedaar.

No matter. He too must have lost his abilities; he will be as easy to squash as a gleeberfly...

Her eyes narrowed with cunning, and she pierced Shayla with them.

"What would you do?" she asked, and fell silent.

[ 07-23-2008 12:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-23-2008 09:42 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Really?” said Panthar, not quite sure of what else to say. “I mean, yeah, I have wondered about Shayla here and there, the things she did now and then… but they were the bad guys?”

Panthar walked a few steps, contemplating.

“But it’s always a matter of perspective, right?” he mused. “I suppose some people might think other people, like Phal or Erik, are bad guys somehow. Heck, for all I know, someone thinks I’m a bad guy. Like maybe the people who have my briefcase.”

Panthar trailed off at that, but shook his and continued. “It’s a little strange, you know? Seems like everything we do these days involves more than just saving the galaxy. I mean, that’s like a bug huge thing that we’ll probably mess up anyway, so in a way it doesn’t count. But everything else we do is about running around trying to help out a friend. Like the effort of saving Shawn and Erik, and trying to help Gray when she was zapped out of her body by the Master, or trying to find Shayla… I dunno, it’s just hard to think that after all we’ve been through together, some of us would just turn like that. I wonder if Shayla still feels the Darkness in her?”

Like I do sometimes. It’s never going to go away.

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-23-2008 10:21 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla didn't falter in the slightest, didn't look away as ShaRhylla pinned her with nothing more than her eyes.

"I would do whatever needs to be done so that the Greater Good is served," she said evenly. "The Sith should have the powers that are innate to them restored, and I am willing to do what has been requested to achieve this. The clans should be abolished, and brought under a singular rule, one that in turn should be brought to rule the entire galaxy. Only then does this galaxy stand a chance against the return of the Yuuzhan Vong."

Shayla trailed then, her eyes growing a bit dark. "What will you do when the Vong arrive, with their Dark Ally? They will give you the Power...

...but then they will use you to place themselves in control. I know this, for the Darkness used your Mother as well as I for purposes of its own...

...and then left us both when it was done. If you want to be in power, truly, and not be a pawn to the Vong and the Darker Realms, you will need your humanness too, ShaRhylla."

[ 07-23-2008 10:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 07-23-2008 10:39 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt merely arched an eyebrow, continuing to walk. "She just lost her only child. I would be feeling darkness myself in that circumstance."

He trailed a moment, moving a stray branch out of his way as they began to walk through forest. "But that's not really what your asking, I suppose. If whatever possessed her is still there, then what are we really going to do about it? I mean, she has managed to seem at least fairly "normal" for quite some time. Where is the line between possession and the choice to allow the darkness to creep in?"

He shrugged. "So what are we going to do if ShaRhylla doesn't want our help? And, aside from that, what are we going to offer her in the way of help anyway?"

--------------------

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-23-2008 11:51 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“The darkness creeps in, and you allow it without even thinking about it. That’s the way it works, the way it takes you over. You do things you wouldn’t do, and you think it was your idea. It’s horrible, it’s like… it’s like sleepwalking through Hell.”

Panthar shook his head again, clearing his mind from the hideous memories.

“As for ShaRhylla,” he said. “I really do want to help her, but I know she’ll probably not accept it. We’re also here to find out if Gray, Phal, Tarnus, Thoran.. or even that Rykounagin guy, are here. Offering to help will hopefully buy us time, or a little freedom, and who knows, maybe she will be glad that someone is concerned.”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-02-2008 01:10 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar waited for Matt to reply, but the man simply nodded and continued to walk. After some time, Panthar found the silence welcome himself and began to watch the surroundings change as they moved away from the rocky lands and descended into a sparsely wooded valley. It was evident that the valley arched its way through the low mountains, serving as a pass. This was welcome news to Panthar, who had not relished the thought of climbing his way to civilization.

An hour later the woods gave way further to more open areas, and finally opened up onto a wide road. Panthar looked apprehensively at Matt, who returned the exact same expression, then shrugged and stepped out onto the road. Panthar looked towards the city, or at least where they hoped the city lay, and saw nothing but open road. He then glanced the other direction, doing a double take.

Approaching them was a long line of Sith. Judging from the garments they wore, Panthar guessed them to be farmers and tradesmen from the outlying villages. The first in line was quite near, and Panthar could see that he carried a small pack on his back. As he passed by it was clear that the pack contained loaves of bread, a water skin, and was bulging at the bottom with something heavy.

The Sith looked long at Panthar as he walked past, a mix of sorrow and vain hope in his eyes. He was followed by a younger Sith male, dressed in the same simple clothing and carrying a pack as well. Curious and brazen, Panthar stepped forward.

“Greetings!” he said as he walked alongside the younger Sith. His hand waved towards Matt, urging him to follow. “What brings you… and these other forty or fifty folks out?”

The younger Sith turned wearily to Panthar, his face expressionless.

“Offerings to S’slaan,” he said simply, turning to face forward once more. “To atone.”

Panthar slowed, then stepped aside and watched the line move past him. He looked to Matt, an eyebrow raised.

“Well,” he said. “At least we can travel with some company now.”

--------------------

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 08-02-2008 01:27 AM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"The company doesn't seem too interested in conversation," Matt responded, watching them as they continued along. "They must think they are being punished by S'slan with the loss of magicks and powers," he then observed. "At any rate, this city must still rely quite a bit on magicks, even if they aren't quite as adept at it as the Sorcerors."

He shrugged. "On the bright side, at least we know we are headed in the right direction," he commented, quirking a brow then as he began to walk. "You think they came from the temple back there?"

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 08-07-2008 12:00 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was a good thing for Shayla that the halfling's powers had been deleted, for S'slan alone knew where or when or in what form the Chosen Sister to Graysith would now find herself. ShaRhylla leaned in close to her, her eerie eyes thunder-dark, with hints of lightning flashing in their backs.

"I am Sith!" she hissed, bristling, as with one look and the innate threat that her body stance carried she silently suggested to Shayla that she had best watch her step. For a long moment nothing was exchanged between the two of them save for the sounds of their heartbeats; then the Heir Apparent let her breath escape from her and straightened. On gliding feet she went to a far corner, and simply stared into the shadows inhabiting it. Shadows that roiled like noxious oil, carrying with them a hint of red-sparked eyes, which stared out at her with insolent mockery upon them.

"It seems to me that we have no fear of the Dark Ones," she finally retorted, whirling about to face Shayla. "For they cannot come here now into our realm..."

This she knew down to the heart of every cell in her body. Being once not merely a creature of the Dark but with it as well, she knew how quick the denizens of that realm would be to take any advantage that they could of the lighter planes, an advantage they would have of a certainty since powers seemed to have vanished from every place. At least ShaRhylla assumed this to be so; her eyes narrowed and she studied Shayla a bit longer.

"What powers have you at the moment, and if none, what exactly did you have?" she suddenly asked, putting to the back of her mind any question she had been about to ask about the "Greater Good."

"And how are you so certain that our magicks are to be restored?"

By which, of course, she really referred to her own abilities, abilites rather unique among the Sith...

[ 08-07-2008 12:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-07-2008 04:34 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar glanced back down the road, then up to the place the two of them had walked here from.

“No,” he said, “I don’t think they came from the temple. I think they came from the nearby towns and villages. I wonder if some of the basic devices in the city – lights, trains, that sort of thing – are powered somehow through the Sith magick. They get their power from somewhere, and I don’t recall seeing much room to put battery packs in some of that stuff. But it would seem odd that people out in the country would be affected by that.”

Panthar thought for a moment, then a light smile crossed his lips. It was a smile that often appeared when he was heading deeply into his archeological mind.

“The people of this world are pretty much all warriors, when it comes down to it. But not everyone is going to make a living being a soldier, right? To have a functioning society, you need tradesmen, farmers, skilled laborers, and all. The triad was made up of warriors, armorers, and sorcerers, right? The armorers made all of the cool tools and devices, using the knowledge of the sorcerers. Of course, all three clans would share the same technology. Now, the Warriors drew away from the triad, so I’ve been told, but I wonder if that was really more political than practical, and the people in the country are not quite as separated as those in the capital city.”

Panthar glanced at Matt, who was staring back.

“What I’m getting at is if the basic tools stopped working out in the country, then some of that was probably powered by Sith magick somehow. If that’s the case, then surely there are similar problems in the city, but maybe on a larger scale. In fact, I’m willing to bet that--”

Panthar walked closer to one of the Sith travelers, sidling up to a younger looking adult.

“So, going to offer your possessions to S’slaan in hopes that he gives back the magick?”

[ 08-07-2008 09:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 08-07-2008 10:14 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The encumbered Sith slowed his pace until he was dragging a bit behind the others, who seemed to ignore him as they continued along the roadway. He shifted his burden, and turned his head a bit to the side, his eyes darting up and down Panthar's frame until they stopped at his face. They narrowed in a cross between curiosity and suspicion.

"This is a strange question you ask," he finally said, blinking now to alleviate the sudden, if subtle, tension that was mounting.

"What other is there to do? Something has offended the Dark One; we go to seek his forgiveness and beg the restoration of all that was."

He turned away to hurry along and catch up with his fellows, but paused. Again, something akin to tension floated in the bright sunlight as he turned once more to Panthar, this time openly eyeing the apparent Sith's strange travelling companion.

"Do you take this as blood sacrifice?" he asked. His gaze darted to Matt once more, but this time the look he raked him with was a bit more appraising.

"Surely the Great Dark One will restore all that is lost when the blood of this one is shed for him. Ho!"

Now he raised his arm, and began waving it enthusiastically. The bag he carried dropped unnoticed to the ground, opening from the impact to allow the escape of a small, furry farm animal. It lost no time making itself scarce even as the other Sith came back and encircled the two, turning hollowed, hungry eyes from one to the other before settling back upon the one who had hailed them back. That fine worthy wasted no time, but pointed toward the human.

"Here is blood worthy enough for the honor of being sacrificed!" he announced jubilantly, albeit in a tone of voice that was tinged somewhat with hysteria. For to tell the truth, there wasn't a Sith in this group who could begin to fathom any other reason than the anger of their god as being why they had been left bereft of their former strengths. And a warrior without total strength, ability and power did not consider himself Sith, let alone worthy of walking the soil of K'eel Doba.

Tightening their clawed hands as if about the shafts of invisible weapons, they closed ranks about Panthar and Matt, and one by one began dropping the bags and bundles they had been carrying as offerings to their god.

[ 08-07-2008 10:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-07-2008 10:33 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar gulped.

“Well,” he started, under his breath. “Not exactly what I had in mind…”

The group of warriors was growing more and more frenzied, and Panthar decided he had better act before Matt became a kabob.

“Better than that!” he shouted over the Sith. “This one is not a lowly sacrifice, this one is special! He has witnessed the taking of what was lost, and brings a message to the Dark Lady!”

Panthar stepped closely to the closest warrior and tilted his head to speak softly.

“I don’t want to say this too loudly, but I cannot help but wonder at the marvelous wisdom of the... the Great Dark One. Sending a human to deliver his message? Is it because the Dark Lady is in human form? Praise to the wonders of his wisdom!”

Panthar stepped back and raised his voice once more.

“I was at first wary of this human, to be sure, but I have come to believe he speaks the truth. I am escorting him to the Dark Lady, for surely only one with a true message would have the courage to do what he is now doing. Will you aid me in this quest, my brothers? For surely the rewards would be many for those on a righteous journey.”

Panthar lowered his voice again, addressing the closest Sith warrior.

“And if the Dark Lady says he’s lying, we can still sacrifice him, right?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 216.51.227.10
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 08-07-2008 10:47 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith who had been stopped by Panthar waffled. He stared at his now-emptied hands, cut a sidelongs glance toward the flattened bags which were strewn about being trampled upon, their contents having by now run, hopped or by other means removed themselves from the immediate premises. A low rumble of questioning voices, though, prompted him into action.

"My friends!" he cried, turning to the vaguely hostile little throng. "Praise be to S'slan, who in his wisdom is letting us know that it was not by His hand that troubles have descended upon us, but by that of Another! Praise be to S'slan, who in his glory has sent unto us a benefactor, one who will restore our powers to us!

"But you heard this one--" He pointed quickly at Panthar before taking the grandstand once again. "This human must be delivered unto the Dark Lady! Let us lend them every assistance, for I too wish to hear the words of S'slan which are destined to come from this one's mouth!"

All thought of sacrifice now being tossed to the wind, they transformed their threatening ring into a protective one, and to a warrior whirled and proceeded down the dusty road, enveloping Panthar and Matt in a circle of unyielding, red flesh which hastened along at a such a pace as to force the two of them to trot.

[ 08-07-2008 10:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-10-2008 09:32 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla didn't even flinch at ShaRhylla's anger, or at her question. "At the moment I have none of my innate Force powers. I have been telekentic as well as a healer since I can remember."

She paused, falling silent for the barest of moments. "I have just begun to learn of the All, and my powers in that are minimal."

Again she fell silent, pursing her lips in thought, for the first time perhaps considering what she could, in light of the loss of powers, do to aid the Greater Good solely on what she had. "I am however an excellent pilot...

...and I have links to an information smuggling agency which may be of use. If the Sith are going to come to lead the galaxy as I believe they should, and stand to fight and win against the incoming Yuuzhan Vong...

...information may be a key component, especially since the Great Library is out of service."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 08-11-2008 04:12 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's eyes flashed more darkly as she studied a point in space seemingly behind Shayla. That point appeared to waver a bit, bringing memory into almost sentient life as the words the young blonde was speaking muted down to a cottony soft muffle. The halfling blinked, then squinted, ignoring the majority of Shayla's little speech as she now focused on that strange little point.

It isn't really there, she thought to herself. It-- it cannot be. There is no way for anyone there to now break through to here; powers are gone, there is not another means of making a portal, and my dearest Dark One, one who could easily flow from one realm unto the other is gone...

She stopped in her tracks, her eyes widening as a forgotten improbability suddenly turned possible.

Could it be--?

The strange little point immediately vanished, making ShaRhylla wonder if she had simply imagined the thing being there at all. Perhaps it hadn't; perhaps it simply was a manifestation of her own musings, her own memories, her own frustrated desires and yearnings momentarily brought to life.

But whatever it was, real or not, it was enough to remind her once again of her own rather unique background. Not to mention how far above the mundane she truly considered herself. She drew herself up haughtily with a little sniff.

"I have no need of such... things," she spat, twirling a lock of hair between her fingers.

"Information; pah! Of what use is this to a warrior? What do I care for this? Not a bit; your powers are useless, as is what you have to offer. I do not fear the Darker Realms, or anyone therein, even if they could pop into our place at this very moment! Further, I have no proof of what you say; you are wasting my time! Begone!

"Or else give me reason to believe you about this invasion, as well as your claim of lost powers being restored."

Narrowing her eyes, she fell into a foreboding silence, flaming lock still a-twirl.

[ 08-11-2008 04:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-19-2008 09:13 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla bristled inwardly at how she was being addressed, but outwardly remained utterly calm, a skill she had come by in training with the Jedi as well as with Graysith, powers or not.

"I have nothing further to offer you in regards to the return of powers other than what That Which Is has said," she indicated, pausing for a brief moment then.

"As to proof of a coming Vong invasion, there is a villip on Kori'san which connects the chrome-eyed one on board their ship which is enroute to our galaxy. I wonder if Kori'san, which was once shielded in Elseness, is thus any longer?" she then mused in seeming non sequiter.

"At any rate, I know of this ship, for both your mother and I spent time captive aboard it...

...as you did as well, as an infant."

Shayla quieted a moment, cocking her head slightly. "Do you remember?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05