my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Saving of a Soul (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Saving of a Soul
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2006 11:33 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now Graysith allowed her look to darken appreciably.

"I believe that if refreshments are in order, they shall be procured by my own desire," she said, raising one hand gracefully as if in casual gesture. The raised arm was the one bearing her Tattoo of Entitlement; as her hand raised the sleeve draped back, clearly exposing its glowing splendor upon her wrist.

She did not bother to look down, instead letting her glance flick meaningfully toward Rykounagin's own sleeve-enshrouded wrist.

"What rites that need to be followed shall be," she then said, now moving forward once again toward the dias. Coming up to where Rykounagin stood paused about two-thirds of the way down, she stopped, with Shayla moving smoothly to flank his other side. Turning abruptly, well within the perimeter of Rykounagin's personal space, she sent a steely look directly into his eyes.

"You speak of my daughter as though she is nothing more than a possession," she hissed, every word dripping with venom, her tone laced with ebon nuance.

"Take a care, Rykounagin; if wife she is indeed to you--"

Again she let her eyes drop toward his hidden wrist, seeking confirmation to his words.

"--she may indeed prove far more than you can handle. As was, apparently, the position of Dark Lord, however brief a term that it was."

A pregnant pause ensued in which she pinned Rykounagin with a dangerous stare, one which clearly let him know her awareness of the fact that while ShaRhylla was missing--

--something apparently a surprise to the Sith as judged by the servant's earlier reaction to her return--

--he seemed only to have brooded upon the Throne, alone, apparently unwilling to act as a proper Dark Lord should regarding the matter. And then there was the cancellation of the Blood Hunt...

By whose authority? she wondered quickly, knowing the probable answer as soon as the question formed in her head.

And yet there was no counter-action, no order to reinstate the Hunt.

She didn't move, she said no more. She merely stood intimately close to Rykounagin, pinning his eyes with hers, her jaw working slightly as she clenched her teeth in barely restrained anger. Then before she could give in and do something rash she forced herself away, moved up the dias, and took her rightful seat upon the Throne of the Dark Lady of the Warriors.

[ 07-31-2006 12:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 07-31-2006 11:40 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I did not speak, moving to the doors, only pausing there to turn, speaking briefly. "Remember, lady Graysith. You are very high up in the world. But that means nothing, save that there is a very long way to fall. Do remember that when that day comes, when you do fall. No one, will be there, or alive, to catch you."

With that, he whirled out of the doors to the chambers beyond, stalking from the temple, with every intent of finding his erstwhile heart, and bringing her back to finish this nasty business.

And when this is all done, I'll be sure to be the one to kick her headless body down the steps.

Now that would be a sublime pleasure.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.213.231
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2006 12:03 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith watched him go in silence. From Shayla there came sputtering effrontery; now she allowed a semblance of a smile to flicker upon her lips.

"Brave words, spoken rashly, don't you think so my Sister?" she said as bit by bit her anger began to settle. She did not allow it to disappear entirely though, for she was well aware of the fact that she had indeed placed Rykounagin in a position where he could not react but otherwise.

In that regard, his anger is indeed justified, she thought, the smile fading just a little.

"But words we must not dismiss lightly, for I fear that one is like an adder, striking from the shadows when one is least aware of its presence. It would do us good to be alert, Shayla."

With that she turned to other matters, summoning the Second by tugging upon a cleverly hidden bell-pull. Somewhat to her consternation, it was not the faithful Salandaar who approached, but another Sith. He entered the Throne Room, not quite able to totally conceal his surprise at the oddness of the hour in which he had been called. Not to mention who it was to call him forth.

"Yes, my- Milady?" he said courteously, bowing at the base of the dias.

"Assemble the Captains, and the clan Heads," Graysith said, her tone neither imperious nor giving.

"I have been-- away from my duties for far too lengthy a time, and it would appear there is much needing to be put aright."

"As you wish," the Second replied smoothly, bowing once before departing the Throne Room. Graysith watched him go, then turned to Shayla.

"When matters of state have been settled, I believe I have found a task for you, my dear," she said, settling into the throne as one hand caressed the richly carved arm of it.

"I would have you follow Rykounagin, and keep an eye on what it is that he does. For we need to keep ourselves apprised as to his affairs; it is something of an awkward thing to use the Octahedron for this use, although there are ways this can yet be done."

She paused a moment, searching Shayla's face, determining if the young woman was indeed up to the task looming ahead of her.

"Strength comes to those who seek it in the correct manner, Shayla.

"Remember that."

It was at this moment that the doors into the Throne Room opened, spilling forth a group of about twenty Sith. All were highly muscled, upright, secure in their strengths and abilities. All paused a bare moment en masse, apparently shaken from their iron-bound aplomb by the sight of who it was sitting upon the Throne. Saying nothing more, they approached the dias and came to a halt. All heads dropped briefly toward the floor as one stepped forth, his eyes climbing to hers in apparent respect.

It was Kelvendar.

Graysith raised a hand, nipping off the words he would have spoken before he could voice them.

"I have been away, and my position temporarily taken by the Lady ShaRhylla and her--" A brief pause. "--husband.

"I now return to find my daughter has gone missing.

"Find her."

[ 07-31-2006 12:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Kalvendar

Member # 570

posted 07-31-2006 12:55 PM     Profile for Kalvendar   Author's Homepage   Email Kalvendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kalvendar was surprised, amazed, and more than a bit nervous. He watched as the other captains immediately turned and departed from the throneroom, seeking to pursue the completion of her order with all haste, though he could hear mutterings from beyond the doorway as soon as they had departed.

He remained however, a data-slate that had been intended for ShaRhylla still grasped in his hands. Tenatively he spoke. "I have a message for the Dark Lady... regarding the craft in orbit..." he held it out, his head bowed, mind racing to comprehend how this changed things.

Even as the thoughts collided, he came to a conclusion. They didn't change things. He was sworn to the Dark Lady, and that was all that mattered.

--------------------

"I have smelt the fortid breath that issues from the mouth of hell itself. I have heard the silent voices that make your spine tingle with dread." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 63 | From: | Registered: Nov 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.213.231
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2006 01:07 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith regarded Kelvendar coolly. Allowing herself to relax the slightest bit, she raised one hand to lay her fingers along her chin.

"And that message is what, Captain?" she prompted.

"You may speak freely before my-- my new Second."

Her hand removed from her chin long enough to wave gracefully toward the yet-silent Shayla. Then she laid it back atop the arm of the throne, and waited to hear what information the Sith might have.

--------------------

Kalvendar

Member # 570

posted 07-31-2006 01:09 PM     Profile for Kalvendar   Author's Homepage   Email Kalvendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kalvendar swollowed, and turned the slate back to his gaze. "Our fighters report the ships have returned to one of the larger ships, assumed flagship, in orbit. There has been no activity since."

He closed the data-slate, and bowed his head in respect to the lady, turning to leave the throneroom.

--------------------

"I have smelt the fortid breath that issues from the mouth of hell itself. I have heard the silent voices that make your spine tingle with dread." ~The Inquisition

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2006 01:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith nodded, more than aware of the massive number of ships which blockaded the twin planets' system. What surprised her, however, was the fact that there had been activity of any kind at all.

What does he plan? she wondered to herself, thinking nothing but dark thoughts about her sister's once love.

Pulling herself out of momentary reverie, she addressed the patiently waiting Kelvendar.

"Thank you, good Captain," she said. "Please notify the other captains of this information, with my direction that it stays within their knowledge only. Once this is accomplished, I wish for you to take a fighter and go into large solar equatorial orbit about our system, but make certain you stay well below the confines of the-- unknown ships. From this vantage point you may observe proceedings, and keep me informed should there be any change in activity."

She paused a moment, taking in the wide-eyed look he could not help but conceal.

"Our fighters are no match for these ships, Captain, and we must have surveillance over them. Hmmm--"

A brief pause for quick consideration.

"Instead, I suggest an orbit within the solar corona; this will appear as if you are monitoring our red dwarf sun rather than these...

"Strangers."

[ 07-31-2006 01:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Kalvendar

Member # 570

posted 07-31-2006 01:40 PM     Profile for Kalvendar   Author's Homepage   Email Kalvendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes, Lady." He said, departing, inwardly fuming that he had been assigned such a menial task as observation. But, it was that she had assigned the task to him, and he would not complain.

He shoved the data slate into one of the other captains hands, and merely said. "Read it, and share the information. Keep it amongst the captains."

With that, he began to head for the exit; the startport his eventual destination.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-05-2006 09:42 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla had been listening intently, particularly observant of Rykounagin's behavior's and force essence. As Kelavendar departed the Throne area, Shayla pursed her lips then leaned to speak softly to Graysith. "I wonder what has happened to trigger Imperial activity above." Pausing at this, Shayla frowned. "Tarnus is too smart to attack unless he geniunely feels there is reason to do so, as well as a means."

Trailing another moment, Shayla then turned to Graysith's request of her. "I should go and quickly prepare myself for departure in order to follow this...
...Rykounagin, while his signature is still firmly in my mind. While he seemed willing enough to simply give up his title as Dark Lord...

...his last little threat speaks for itself." Something dark flashed in Shayla's eyes with these words. "It would be my pleasure to watch his every move, and to cut any action he and his darker ally would take against you off at the wrist."

[ 08-05-2006 09:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-06-2006 01:35 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I moved out of the temple with a haste, not wishing that her wrath may have been incured in my last threat. I quickly made myself as "one" with the masses as I could, though not being a sith, stood out quite well. Once I had included myself in the masses, I began to ask about casually, as though I was merely a leader wanting to know his people.

I gave no direct reference that my "wife" was missing, merely occasionally giving a nudge of conversation along the lines of "have you seen the Dark Lady today?" continuing to probe, with no success yet; my inward frustration growing.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-07-2006 02:11 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith reached up with one hand, tracing Shayla's chin almost languidly with one uplifted finger as she smiled genuinely at her.

"A good idea," she said simply, shifting in her seat a little before that smile segued into something a bit darker. That darkness was mirrored in her eyes; now a corner of one lip curled upward, giving her features a somewhat feral appearance.

"Be my eyes and my ears, Shayla; remember, we shall remain in constant contact with each other through the Link I maintain with you. If Rykounagin should attempt any evil upon you that you cannot handle alone, I shall be with you in an instant."

The hand which so lightly caressed Shayla's face now removed itself, reached outward toward the entrance to the Throne Room.

"But rest assured, I shall give you the time you need to deal with him of your own device, should the opp-- that is, should the circumstance arise."

Once again darkness roiled in her eyes as she made a gesture toward the doors.

"Go now, and amuse yourself..."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-07-2006 07:26 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla smiled a dark little smile Graysith's way and nodded. "Indeed, my dear Sister. I will keep you informed, and look forward to whatever..."

She trailed, something darker flashing in her eyes, "... opportunities may arise. I shall miss you in my absence, however."

Nodding one final time, a warmth now crossing her features, Shayla then turned and departed the Throne Room altogether, gracefully walking the halls til she at length returned to Dark Lady's chambers. She was met there by an expected entourage of Sith guards...

...who, after only minimal hesitation, recognized her as one departing from the chambers with the Dark Lady as well her robes of state. As they parted to let Shayla pass, she stepped through the doorway, looking down at the beautiful robes she'd been given. She ran both hands down the sides to smooth them out, admiring it just a moment longer.

Then, knowing the time for such novelties was fleeting, Shayla went to the wardrobe, emerging with a black, form-fitting outfit with long sleeves. Changing from the robes and returning them to the wardrobe carefully, Shayla then slipped back into her nerf-skin black boots. Shayla then returned to the wardrobe, carefully sifting through its contents til at length she found hooded, dark black cloak. Wrapping it about her shoulders and not choosing to wear the hood, she departed the chambers, walked through a maze of corridors, and departed the temple altogether. Stretching out to sense Rykounagin's essence, Shayla easily found it after taking careful note of it in the throne room. As she carefully approached, she could hear Rykounagin asking various Sith if they had seen the "Dark Lady."

Shayla actually rolled her eyes, and closed them. Oh, bother. Is that the best he could do...?

She stepped forward. "Is this all you all you intend to do to look for...your wife?"

Idly wondering just how deeply and sincerely Rykounagin wanted to find Rhylla, Shayla said nothing further but stood firm and silent...

...all the while communicating Rykounagin's actions towards finding ShaRhylla...

...as meager as they were...

...back through the link she shared with Graysith.

[ 08-07-2006 07:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-07-2006 07:41 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith lolled back upon the Throne of the Dark Lady, one brow arching in something not far from amusement.

"Indeed," she sent back along the link she maintained with Shayla, the drollness of her mental voice unmistakable.

"Perhaps I have misjudged the lad after all. He certainly doesn't appear as formidable an opponent as I would expect a Sith assassin to be... but then, my dear Sister, do not take him at face value. He may be acting thus to hide his true abilities from us and from the Sith he encounters.

"Be wary."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-07-2006 07:56 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turned, eyes burning as they fell upon the snake who had crept up from the grass, a lip curling. "Is all you intend to do follow me and mock me? Go on your way, before I lead you to my home in hell, and you burn like the witch you and your mistress both are." I began to stalk through the crowd, again losing myself in the streets, hoping that she would have lost me in the crush.

But seldom, did such things happen to our pleasure.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-07-2006 08:23 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was not so easily foiled, and she found herself even more eager to keep an eye on this one. She followed not far behind Rykounagin, on him like a wolf to its prey, stealthing til at length he perhaps even thought he had lost her...

...to only pop up once more before him. "Your need to shoo me away like a kranfly is amusing," she said simply, evenly. "You know full well that Graysith has the methods and the means to find her daughter before you do, and she offered you such assistance that you denied. So, all considered, I wonder what it is that you truly intend to do now?"

Once more communicating these words and events to Graysith, Shayla waited, on her gaurd, truly curious as to Rykounagin's possible reply.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-07-2006 09:23 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Your motives for my wife are quite obvious. I assume you wish to punish her for taking your mistress' place? Whatever your goal for finding her, I hardly wish to ally myself with such scum as yourself. Besides..." he picked up a small handful of dirt from the stones beneath his feet.

"There are always other ways..." He held the dirt to his lips, barely brushing the small grainules, whispering into the. My ShaRhylla, I shall come for you. Be wary of your mother and her hound, for they have returned.

He hissed a magical word, and flung the dust into the air, which soared away, enchanted by the magics of which he knew. "Now, to go find her." He began to follow the invisible trail that he could see in his minds eye, his thoughts able to trace the path of the enchanted messanger, of the kind he had sent to her a year ago when he had been her foe.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-08-2006 09:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla stood still, her look bland excepting that she slit her eyes, miniscuely, for just a moment.

"Amazing you recall that there are other ways after such a length of time," she observed. "And regarding motives..."

She trailed, looking him dead in the eye. "You believe his motives are better? You assume too much...

...or perhaps you simply know much more than you are willing to admit."

Quieting at that, Shayla took a small step back, but not too far, waiting to see what, if anything, Rykounagin might reply.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-08-2006 09:59 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I chuckled now, aware that the trail was getting closer to her with every moment that passed. I smiled, and leaned forward and spoke in a whisper. "You make the mistake, of believing that I am a good person. I was born to be a murderer. I am a murderer. And I do enjoy the company of other such individuals. What I do not enjoy, are those who think that pretty words, will change me."

I stepped back. "What you are, is nothing but an obstacle. You are blind to the greater picture. Someday perhaps you will join me in the service of the greater good. Or perhaps one day, you shall have no more place in it. We shall see." I turned and began to stalk down the street.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-08-2006 10:12 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla merely arched an eyebrow, seemingly unruffled. "And what is this greater good and greater picture you speak of?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-09-2006 10:05 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Only those who follow the path, could begin to understand that which it leads to." I called back, moving around through another sidestreet, my new destination confirmed as the starport.

I had no wish to walk the dozens of miles to whatever location she had decided to secret herself to.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-09-2006 09:44 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Now who is it who speaks with the pretty words you were just referring to."

Shayla fell silent, still trailing Rykounagin, seemingly acting as a calm busybody, a mere nuisance...

...but knowing full well that he truly posed a threat to the particular Greater Good she had in mind...

...as did others. After all, it would take those with strong grounding and ability to help the Sith--and the entire galaxy as a whole for that matter--face the trials which lay ahead for them. "ShaRhylla will eventually see through you, you know...

...if she hasn't done so already."

Having stated that, Shayla communicated back to Graysith with a simple query. He intends to get to Rhylla back no matter what, I believe...

...and although I am certain he is no match for her, he may act as a deterent to our own goals. I will continue to keep after him...

[ 08-09-2006 09:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-10-2006 11:00 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I began to pick up speed as I approached the entrance to the tram that would take me to the starport, and darted through the entrance, decending the small flight of stairs. Aware that I had about fifteen seconds on her, I began to scrawl something hastily in the filth upon the steps, ancient dust and worse.

The mark resembled one of my tattoos, specifically one based around left temple, beneath my hair, which no one had seen since I was two years of age. As soon as I was done, I felt a breath of magic pass through me, the incendiary ward set, powerful enough to vaporize most of the filth on the steps upon its triggering, let alone set anyone who triggered it alight.

"Good." I said, smirking, getting up and moving towards the tram which waited calmly for its next passengers.

[ 08-11-2006 12:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

Kalvendar

Member # 570

posted 08-10-2006 11:06 AM     Profile for Kalvendar   Author's Homepage   Email Kalvendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kalvendar trotted down the streets from the temple, having picked up a few pieces of equipment in preparation for his trip to "observe" the encroaching fools from above. He had loaded a satchel with some food, two bottles of brandy, and of course, carried his signature weapon of choice, his ebony spear.

He approached the steps to the tram that would take him to the starport, and upon observation, saw the woman who had been in the Dark Lady's company. Curious as to why she was at the starport, moving towards it with a pointed haste.

"Hail, Friend of the Dark Lady. Have you been sent to observe the foes as well?" He asked, pausing at the top of the steps to speak with her as they came level.

[ 08-11-2006 01:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kalvendar ]

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 08-11-2006 01:25 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The burly Sith captain clutched his spear in one hand, loose but yet at the ready, as he hastened through the streets of Phrinnchatka. He couldn't help but smile a bit to himself as he strode purposefully along; the command had been given to find the Lady ShaRhylla, and he was bound and determined to be the one to do so. For by finding her himself, he figured he would then stand in greater favor with the Dark Lady, and be held in higher esteem in the eyes of his fellow warriors. All which more than likely would lead to a promotion to a higher rank within their honor-enlaced system.

That the Dark Lady's daughter might not necessarily wish to come with him, and what she might do to prevent this crossed his mind, but only superficially. He flexed his throwing arm as he continued, cutting a quick glance to the powerful muscles of his biceps and triceps.

She will come with me, he asserted to himself, confident in is own machismo.

So he strode the streets of the city in complete confidence of his own abilities and the assured success of his endeavor, a success, he was certain, which would be met only in one way:

By flying overhead, in order to look down upon the city, and therefore spot the flaming hair of the Lady more easily. It didn't cross his mind that the lady could be inside hiding somewhere; the Lady ShaRhylla's temper and general attitudes were well known among the warrior ranks, and to his way of thinking she would not be one to hide.

She's out there, somewhere, he continued to muse as he approached the entrance to the transport system which led to the spaceport of Ch'arlingua. Poised at the head of the steps was the newly-appointed Captain Kelvendar, who appeared to be speaking with the young blonde human female who had been with the Dark Lady. He nodded politely to them, curious as to the new female but not wishing to stop.

Kelvendar is thinking the same as I am, he thought as he brushed around them, a courteous "excuse me" dropping from his lips as he passed.

I will not let him gain a lead on me of any kind!

Still smiling, he shifted his grip on his spear, hurried down the steps to a small platform about twenty-five steps below, from which the steps then turned to descend to the boarding platform at a ninety degree angle from those initially coming down from street level. He gained the platform, turned to his left, hurried down the steps for he could hear the approach of the transport...

The transport never made it completely to the station. There was a sudden, immense whoomp!! as a fireball of gargantuan proportions blossomed out from the approximate position of the hurrying Sith captain's left foot. It roiled down the final stairs, striking the platform, charring the front of the approaching transport and scorching the heavy Sith steel tracks upon which it ran. Confined by the stone walls which in turn were strengthened by solid earth behind them, the blast could only radiate upward and outward along the stairway, the majority of its power channeling downward into the system, cracking the walls, but a good portion of its strength punching upward and out into the street, hammering anything there with a brutally hot blast of energy and flame.

It enveloped Kelvendar and Shayla as easily as a mother hawk envelopes her chicks with its wings.

The streets of Phrinnchatka within a square block radius shivered, rose briefly upward, then settled back to their original position, Sith falling like timber, storefronts and windows cracking and snapping and crumbling. The city lights, oil that they were, tumbled to the ground, spilling their fluids which ignited, sending fires spreading into the increasing panic and chaos.

Within the blast zone, what was inflammable in Phrinnchatka burned, people screamed...

...while at the entrance to the transport system two figures moved feebly.

[ 08-11-2006 03:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-11-2006 01:44 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I sighed, laying against the wall in a sitting position, coated in the ashes the ward had created, some of which from the late fool who had triggered it. Goodbye witch.

I chuckled quietly, but then found my gaze falling to the left side of my vision, many strands of hair falling past my face. I reached up, and felt my scalp, the entirety of the hair that had previously covered the tattoo coinciding with the ward gone.

"Well feth..." I murmured, rising slowly, a small pool of white strands at my feet. "A worthy sacrifice for the death of such an individual, not to mention for the ward that kept me from becomming the same." I brushed the ruins from my clothing, and began to walk towards the tram, finding that the front had been melted to slag.

"Seems I may have overpowered it..." I murmured. It seemed walking was the only available route. I hopped down into the tram tracks, and began to walk down them, knowing no one would arrive in time to discover the cause. No one would think of the white hairs left behind, save for one particular woman. The one I hoped this would strike the most.

A few flames still licked at the metal, and I couldn't help but chuckle. "The bastard lord who walks in flames..."

[ 08-11-2006 01:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05