my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Saving of a Soul (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Saving of a Soul
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 07-03-2006 11:31 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"And now gentlemen, you know precisely what I know," I said, setting my drink back down on the conference table and settling into my seat once more with another little crikk of armor. To all appearances I was relaxed and loose, but every muscle was taut, on edge.

For I knew what else had to be told, and I couldn't help but tense for the onslaught I knew would be coming when I finished--

"Except--"

I paused a bit, swallowed. Then I leaned forward, folding my hands together and laying them on the table.

"Except that some of these, er-- Sith possess a power inconceivable to us. It is a power which surpasses the Force our intrepid Jedi use so handily, a power I suspect would put any ancient Darth to shame."

Eyes shot in my direction, wide with varying stages of surprise and disbelief. Mouths opened; I raised a finger, stilling all in their collective seats.

"You must believe me, gentlemen; you already have seen what those ships can do."

That little reminder gave each and every member of my staff pause; silence continued to stretch about the conference room while I debated to myself which would be the best course to follow at this point. However--

"There is one more item; my daughter, as some of you may already know, was suspected to be upon one of these worlds; now Major Cyprios has verified this."

I drew in a shuddery breath, trembling momentarily in anger.

Damn the Jedi anyway--!

"From the Major's somewhat remarkable report, I can only conclude that not only is she present upon the world these people call K'eel Doba, but she apparently has some-- connection with those in power there. At least that is what I have come to believe after listening to his preliminary report."

Mouths dropped open, I merely shook my head quickly, succinctly--

How much do they need to know at this point? Is it truly necessary to divulge the depth of that connection, held not only by my daughter but by my ex-wife as well, and more importantly, her dear and deadly sister?

Again I shook my head, this time at myself.

"Gentlemen, as outrageous as this might all seem to be, there is more. I have reason to believe the Yuuzhan Vong are planning another foray into our galaxy."

Another tacit pause, filled as each and every officer present seemed to shudder, grunt, as if sucker punched. But now, softened by what they had seen with their own eyes of the little Sith fighters, augmented by Major Cyprios's report, they believed.

I drew in a deep breath.

"Any suggestions as where to go from here, gentlemen?" I turned to look at the rigid form of Cyprios.

"Major? Please feel free to add your thoughts as well..."

[ 07-03-2006 11:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 07-03-2006 11:47 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat's face takes a strangely uncomfortable cast beneath the helmet for a split second at the mention of the unknown Sith power, as well as this other potential threat.

"I'm afraid that you have me at a bit of a disadvantage, General. Due to my... unique circumstances... many of the matters you mention are outside my realm of knowledge. Other than mentioning the obvious and recommending that we obtain more information by any means necessary that doesn't endanger the fleet or the Empire, I can provide no substantive counsel without acquainting myself more thoroughly with the matter at hand."

After a thoughtful pause to weigh a completely different matter, Dat continues, "In the absence of my unit, as well as my... Commander... I formally offer my services to this..." His voice nearly catches as he forces himself to complete the sentence, "...new incarnation of the Empire."

--------------------

...Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes. Witches can be right, Giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good... --S. Sondheim, Into the Woods

Posts: 66 | From: Coruscant, but not the one you know... | Registered: Apr 2005  |  Logged: 66.61.98.154
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 07-04-2006 12:08 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A low murmur washes from the officers ringing the table; it begins to increase in timbre before a movement of one finger causes it to immediately begin to ebb. When all have quieted, I nod to Cyprios.

"Your offer is much appreciated, and accepted, Major," I stated, rising halfway to my feet before sinking back into my chair again.

"Do not belittle yourself or the knowledge you carry, Major," I then continued.

"Though this is a time far in your future, you carry abilities that none of my officers could ever achieve. And that would be the knowledge of how to deal with... dark powers."

I pause, directing an enigmatic look his way. Another low murmur erupts, for although not having the experience per se, each officer present knows precisely what it is I am talking about.

As for Major Cyprios--

He lived it.

"I am sure that your experience in this area will be more than beneficial to you, and the troops I send with you."

I pause a moment, feeling his eyes pin to me, knowing he already knows what I wish of him.

"Major, I would like you to take a recon team to the surface of K'eel Doba, there to find my daughter and bring her back. During your stay onplanet your mission is to further make... positive contact with the Sith government."

I stopped a moment, giving others a chance to enter in their two cent's worth. No one spoke; sighing inwardly, I continued.

"There is fast coming a time when this entire galaxy, by necessity, will have to unite; already there are many, many systems who do not balk at the reforms Actar has put into motion. It would behoove us greatly -- and I cannot place enough emphasis on the last -- to have these worlds and the power they carry not necessarily under our wing but standing with us."

For even with the collected armies of the systems alluded to, and knowing what I know of both the Vong and the Sith--

--not to mention a certain red-haired female of my acquaintance--

I stopped my thoughts before they went any further than that, refusing to come close to thinking of the barest hint of the possibility of defeat.

"See what you can do, Major."

[ 07-04-2006 12:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 07-23-2006 11:22 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Rykounagin comes in from The Siege of a Soul in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

I smiled faintly, a slightly wicked glint in my eye. "We'll see how it goes, wont we?" I turned and stepped through the portal...

...calling back through it. "When this is all done, I'm sure whoever thinks for you will be pleased!"

I darted from the cave beyond the reach of my father's very short temper, and began my scale down the cliff, muttering to myself as I did so.

"As if I wouldn't notice...."

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 07-24-2006 11:03 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Seventy-two hours, give or take, after being dismissed from Tarnus' command conference, Dat keys open a private channel to the General's adjutant.

"The squad stands ready for the General's pre-mission inspection and final briefing, Colonel."

Dat waits for a response, then reviews the small assemblage of stormtroopers in the hangar once more. Three rows of four troopers stand in the middle of the mostly-deserted room, the squad's senior noncom taking his place just off to the side of the first rank. A pilot stands by each of the three craft in the bay, one fighter flanking each side of a larger shuttle.

After acquainting himself with as much information as he could find on the alien threats at hand, Dat had chosen a small group of stormtroopers comprised of personnel from multiple disciplines. Competent combat veterans all, they had spent the last days training almost nonstop, learning to work as a cohesive unit. They had done well so far, but the biggest test was yet to come, down on the foreboding planet below.

Dat hears the door to the corridor begin to open behind him and executes a perfect about face, calling his small unit to attention. The troopers respond in perfect unison as General Tarnus arrives.

[ 07-24-2006 11:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dat Cyprios ]

--------------------

...Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes. Witches can be right, Giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good... --S. Sondheim, Into the Woods

Posts: 66 | From: Coruscant, but not the one you know... | Registered: Apr 2005  |  Logged: 66.61.98.154
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 07-24-2006 11:50 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My armor freshly shined, my visor black as the farthest depths of space, I strode into the hangar where Major Cyprios waited with his carefully chosen squadron. All came to a crisply executed attention as I approached; I nodded, lifted a hand in a desultory salute, and scarcely had the troops responded when I went on with their final briefing.

"You are about to descend into the unknown, gentlemen," I began without preamble, coming to a halt before them, my personal guards on either side and slightly to my back.

"Below is a world from beyond the mists of legend: it is a world called K'eel Doba and is inhabited by a race of beings called the Sith."

I paused a moment to let the unspoken gasps of astonishment settle, then went on.

"These are indeed a real species, men; they existed here in the outreaches up until four thousand years ago... and have recently returned to life."

Not a murmur at that; all eyes cut quickly to Major Cyprios, then returned forward. I proceeded as if nothing had happened.

"From what little intelligence our sources have retrieved, I can report this race is a tall people, muscularly built, bipedal, horned, fanged, and red of skin. Their government has compartmentalized into three areas: warriors, armorers, and..."

I paused a blink.

"Sorcerers."

Now a murmur rippled through the hanger; I pushed it down by raising one gauntleted hand.

"Yes, sorcerers; these are a magickal people. They have powers unknown to us, ships with remarkable ability, strength beyond that of a human, and use something beyond the Force that even a jedi cannot fully understand. But--

"They are mortal. So far, at least to my knowledge, they do not appear to be overly aggressive toward others in the Galaxy, preferring to remain hidden here in the Unknown Fringes."

So far; I couldn't help but think darkly to myself. Clearing my throat to get back on track, I continued.

"Gentlemen, I have a daughter who is on this world. She is fair of skin, red-haired, blue-eyed, approximately 5'4" and in her 20's. After years of hunting, I have come to find her reported as being in the capital city of Phrinnchatka. Your first priority is to find her and bring her safely here to me. Your second priority is to recon with the Sith peoples that we might set up a liason between the two of us. With the powers they have been reported to possess, they will prove to be an asset in the far more dangerous days to come.

"Finally, I want as detailed a report as possible as to their weapons capability: ground weaponry, if any; ships, armament, if and how they might prove a threat to the Empire rather than an asset."

Not necessary to inform the men of the incoming Vong... at least, not at this time.

I shifted a little, let my glance sweep across the troops arrayed before me. They stood tall and proud and eager to go.

I nodded, lifted a hand.

"Let it be so."

--------------------

I am not a droid

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 07-25-2006 12:16 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I sat upon the throne in the audience chamber to the sith people, brooding darkly. My robes today were of the darkest silks, finally having had a tailor to make robes that were not several feet to wide. My hands were currently hidden away amongst the robes, fingers tightly wrapped in dark leather, still aching from the frost and hard rock I had climbed days previous slightly sore.

I currently had one foot lounged out over the small set of steps ascending to the throne, the other drawn up to my chest. I had not given up the guise of dark lord presently, for doing so would only cause a ruccas amongst the people. As the dark lady had seen fit to disappear, the blood hunt had been postponed, as she had suggested, though this was to my own distate, and the mutterings of the sith warriors, who had been eager to partake in such a tradition.

Where the blazes had she gone to? My thoughts of the last two days, had been first, how to deal with the postponement and the growing discontent of the warriors. The second part being of how to deal with my disappeared counterpart. And what to do when she had finally returned.

I grimanced as I squeezed the end of one of the hard armrests of the throne, fingertips gently sliding back to clench into a fist on the edge, knuckles resting against the wood. How long would the wait be?

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.146.41
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 07-25-2006 12:57 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She had no idea as to the passage of time. Indeed, here in the dangerous darkness of the hidden Temple of S'slan, Time had no meaning. For it was here that the warriors, stout fighters all, came to raise their blood to fighting frenzy, here that they drank the spilled blood of their enemies in homage to their God of War.

It was here that the halfling had fled in her anger against Rykounagin... and then later, as she thought more of it, anger against her own father as well. The former lent her a cold and solidly growing strength; the latter...

Simply froze her heart in her breast.

How dare they... how dare they both! she fumed into the bloody silence for the umpteenth time.

Used... I have only been used... I have ALWAYS been used...!

Something seemed to glitter at her from beyond her peripheral vision; she ignored it, letting her fury grow even more dark, more icy, into greater heights of passion.

Love--pah. A silly, useless thing. Such is not meant for a warrior, a warrioress, a true leader--

A true Sith!

Something inside her sat up quickly as that thought rambled through her mind for the thousandth time since she had come to this place. What she sought, what she expected to find, even she did not know.

She only knew she had to flee them, that she had to find strength, to firm herself even more, to achieve such a degree of iciness that not even the entire planetary heat of Sullust could ever warm her again. She had been told of this place, of the sly darkness hiding within its brooding walls, and so had come here...

...to rant and ramble and cry and rage. And endlessly stalk the timeless halls.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-26-2006 03:19 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Graysith FINALLY returns home from Within the Web of Life in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

The opulantly attired suites of the Dark Lord and Lady of the Warriors stood in silent coolness, shadows the only occupants, memories laying soft and loose in the corners. Amidst the silent furniture and trappings there suddenly reverberated a strange ripping sound, as a tear seemed to rip itself into being out of the very atmosphere.

Graysith stepped quietly into her suites, took a casual glance about. All seemed exactly as she had left it; even the bed was still rumpled from her last night here with Phalomir.

She frowned, waved a hand. The bed obligingly made iself.

Nodding with satisfaction she stood quietly, and waited for Shayla to appear. She didn't want to leave the Portal open too long, for she didn't know who might be hot on the trail of the mysterious Sith who had approached them on Dagobah.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-26-2006 03:28 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Shayla enters from Within the Web of Life in the CSWU.)))

As Shayla followed Graysith through the portal and into the Dark Lady's quarters, the fire in her look had died down significantly.

After all, a little voice whispered in her head, What does it matter if he thinks you needed him or not? In the end, all that matters is that the task was accomplished. That which had happened...

...simply had happened, and things were what they were. All else was inconsequential. Still, something did need to be cleared up...

Stepping completely through the portal, Shayla's greeny-blues met Graysith's violet eyes. She was keenly aware that Graysith hadn't a clue who they had just left behind...

...and she intended to let her know. "That was Thoran," she said simply, her voice now utterly smooth and unruffled.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-26-2006 03:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A small smile rippled darkly across Graysith's features as she let the Portal close.

"I was not certain, although his mannerism seemed similar to how I recall Thoran's as being," she commented lightly, turning away to approach the thick, velvet draperies against one wall. One finger raised; they opened, revealing a great stone balcony beyond, one decorated with tastefully scattered plants and vases, and culminating with an immense marble balustrade. She went to the balustrade, placed her hands upon it and leaned out. It was evening; the sun was lowering in the west, and a cooling breeze wafted up from the darkening city below, setting the tendrils of her hair to coiling about her face as if they were living vines.

"We did what was necessary, Shayla," she went on in seeming non sequiteur. "Both Erik and Thoran had seen us physically; by dealing with them in the manner that we did we leave the remainder of the party with nothing but suspicions of our presence on Dagobah. Not a certainty, and certainly not a certainty that we have then left. All will still suspect we remain there, somewhere; this gives us time to begin setting strategies into motion.

"There is much to do, my Sister," she finished in a soft voice, as after sweeping a final gaze over the city below she turned round to look back into her suites, now leaning with her back against the balustrade.

"First of all I have a daughter who has been... unruly. Is there anything you might know that would help me decide how I in turn should be dealing with her?"

[ 07-26-2006 04:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-26-2006 05:53 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla furrowed her brow now in thought. After all, she had interacted with ShaRhylla before Graysith's soul had been taken...

...and she had interacted with... him.

"I did encounter your daughter here before we left for the Darker Realms to retrieve your spirit," she observed. "She had been acting as the Dark Lady of the Warriors, as we had suspected before...

...and after your soul was taken others were able to confirm her tatoo of Entitlement was golden. Now that your spirit and body are one again..."

She trailed, glancing at Graysith's Tattoo of Entitlement, which was shimmering in splended gold. "Hers would be affected, would it not?" She paused at this frowning in deep concentration, trying to remember all that occurred. "She wanted to be the Dark Lady, at least by all appearances, and may have some clue as to the altercation of her declared destiny. There was another with her the last I saw her..."

A pause, a thought. "You will recall him, an assassin by the name of Rykounagin."

Quieting again, a momentary flash of black crossed her features. Then it faded. "ShaRylla seemed to be working together, as one before we departed K'eel Doba. And we most certainly have enough infomation to know that Rykounagin is entangled in the plans of Dark Lord Roan."

She pursed her lips, considering. "I wonder if ShaRhylla is aware of this and the possiblity that she is being used in a plan not of her own making?"

[ 07-26-2006 10:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-28-2006 11:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's brow lowered.

"Indeed, my daughter has been more than unruly!" she said in a low whisper before falling silent, thinking. As she thought, her eye fell to her own Tattoo of Entitlement, glowing in wondrous golden splendor on her wrist.

"She is probably more entangled than you believe, my Adept," she then went on as she moved away fromt he balustrade and came back into the suites. Once there she approached the fireplace that loomed against one wall; with the lifting of a finger she set a fire to blazing merrily within it, warming the room and truncating the progress of the steadily encroaching shadows.

"And knowing my daughter, in all probability she is most unhappy about it. That, combined with the fact that she undoubtedly knows I have returned, more than likely makes has set her to balancing on a thin razor's edge. We know she wants power, for did she not falsely proclaim my death earlier, to take the Dark Ladyship upon herself?

"Perhaps she might be lenient to joining us after all, especially if she feels her father and the young Rykounagin have been using her to their own ends."

Turning away from the fire, she studied Shayla for a moment longer.

"Is there anything else you can divulge which would be helpful to us both, my dear?"

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-29-2006 12:00 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's greeny-blue eyes defocused a bit as she considered. Then, a frown once more momentarily falling upon her features, she looked back Graysith's way. "The boy, Rykounagin...

...those in our party at the time mentioned that he too had a golden tatoo after your soul was taken."

Pausing at that, Shayla stretched out into her mind, recalling details of her past connection with Graysith when she had gone to K'eel Doba to speak with Rykounagin, who had been calling for the Empire to come meet him on the planet.

When he had then told Graysith about his adoption by one he'd thought was Lord Aelvedaar at the time.

"His tatoo was not golden when you spoke with him and he identified the dopleganger of Aelvedaar as his adoptive father, was it? How could your death bring upon the change in his tatoo if he would be in the line of the Dark Lords? How would Rhylla achieving Dark Ladyship in turn cause his tatoo to blaze golden as well?"

[ 07-29-2006 12:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-29-2006 12:21 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Fire flashed in Graysith's eyes, but fire laced not without a little bit of pain.

"Her tattoo would revert to the Entitled gold upon my death, as she would be next in line to act as Dark Lady, there being no Dark Lord available with the death of Roan.

"If Rykounagin's tattoo was also golden, then the only way it could be thus would be via marriage... and more than likely through the marriage to ShaRhylla."

She paused as the implications of what she had just said sunk in.

"Why would she marry Rykounagin?" she wondered, one hand going to her mouth, the fingers playing about her lips.

"To what purpose? I know this lad a little bit; his mannerisms alone would be enough to distance ShaRhylla, as a steed refuses its feed when ill."

She turned wide eyes Shayla's way.

"Indeed, it would seem the my dear ex love Lord Roan is still dabbling in the affairs of the Sith, would it not?"

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-29-2006 11:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes, it would," Shayla replied, nodding in agreement. "Perhaps ShaRhylla had reasons for wedding Rykounagin, reasons of her own violition?" Shayla proposed.

Pursing her lips then, Shayla's greeny-blue eyes turned a bit vague yet deep and thoughtful. "How shall we proceed now, my Sister? And what of Dark Lord Roan and his own plans?"

Trailing, Shayla considered her own words. "You know," she then continued, her words at first seeming random, "When the Master took your soul and we found him in the Darker Realms with it he claimed to be protecting you from the Dark Lord. However, we did at one time believe the Master was working with Lord Roan. The Master said the Dark Lord had done something to the Tower within the Darker Realms, and had destroyed it..."

She quieted for another moment, her frown growing even more dark. "I don't know if you can recall this, you were in spirit form still at the time," Shayla noted. "But the Master told us that Dark Lord Roan had destroyed the tower with the Finger of R'lous...

...and that he used something to enhance the Finger, something which also destroyed the very spirit of the Tower."

Shayla frowned. "What games are afoot, my Sister?"

[ 07-29-2006 11:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-30-2006 06:23 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith immediately flashed back to another day, another time. Absently, she stroked her restored finger, restored by That Which Is when he/she/it took from her the Claw of S'slan, that item in turn once taken in a manner most gruesome by her blood sister and her husband, who stole from it--

"The Nar Kelba--" she breathed scarcely above a whisper. Blinking then, she forced herself back from reverie, let her hands drop loose against her sides once more.

"The Nar Kelba; well you know of this, my Adept, for it was you who took me for aid when Galen and Terrin first took the Claw from me. When I later retrieved the Claw, it was without the Nar Kelba; do you think it now could somehow be in the hands of Roan?"

She paused a moment to stare into the dancing flames of the fire in the hearth.

"If that is so, then he will prove to be a most dangerous adversary indeed..."

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-30-2006 10:39 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes," Shayla replied. Then, biting her lower lip a bit, she considered if there was anything further she needed to reveal. Unable to think of anything, something very deep within her groaned in anticipation. "We have the night to consider how to proceed, my Sister...

...but should we perhaps take the nekk by the reigns and act now? For what is yours has been taken, and should be reclaimed. The Warriors are most likely being lead by ShaRhylla and this Rykounagin...

...but Dark Lord Roan is pulling some strings in the background." Shayla paused, cocking her head. "Should we approach your daughter now, or wait? For certainly she is here now, leading the Warriors and taking hold of that which she so very strongly desires."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-30-2006 10:58 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith nodded, turning away from the fire.

"What you say has merit," she agreed as she then moved off toward one corner of the spacious chamber, where there hung a rich velvet bell-pull. With no further ado, she gave it a sharp yank.

It seemed mere seconds had passed before there came a discreet knock upon her door. Graysith moved to open it, revealing a sharp-horned servant standing without.

"You rang, my lady Sha-" he began before dragging himself to an utterly shocked halt in mid-word. His deep, storm-gray eyes flicked quickly down, a lightning glance encompassed Jharmeen's wrist. He then closed his eyes, tilting his head down respectfully.

"Welcome home, Milady," he said, the very embodiment of Sith propriety.

Graysith didn't give him any time to dwell on any unspoken questions he might have.

"Fetch the Lady ShaRhylla, and bid her come to my suites," she commanded, the order demanding, her voice soft but steely.

The servant bowed his head.

"As you wish, Milady," he replied, bowed, then backed away and set off down the corridor.

Time passed. Graysith spent much of it pacing the confines of her chambers, every now and then going out to gaze over the city which spread out in glowing splendor below.

How many times have I stood here, she thought to herself.

How I love this sight... as much as I do these people. Indeed, I could not return to my old life even if given the opportunity to do so--

The sun had entirely set when her reveries were broken by a quiet knock on her door. Graysith nodded to Shayla, letting her answer the call this time.

"Yes?" the Dark Lady of the Warriors said when the opened door revealed the same servant standing in the corridor once again. This time all trace of surprise and possible insouciance was entirely erased from his bearing. In fact, he looked as if he was ready to throw himself at her feet and beg for mercy.

"The- the Lady ShaRhylla seems to have gone missing," he finally blurted, refraining from wringing his hands only by great dint of effort.

"No one seems to know where she has gotten herself off to, Milady."

Not knowing what else to say, he fell silent, standing in the corridor, his head bowed, his arms crossed upon his chest, his hands fisted. Every so often a ripple seemed to course through his body--

He expects me to retaliate by striking out at him! Graysith thought, now letting her own brow wrinkle in combined dismay and anger.

How has my daughter fared in her brief foray into Dark Ladyship? From the bearing of this servant, one would think she was not the most beloved of royalty.

She sighed a little, then lifted her hand in dismissal.

"Thank you, you may go now," she said quietly, then nodded to Shayla. The young Adept followed the unspoken order and closed the door, following Graysith back into her chambers where the Dark Lady had taken a seat upon a soft setee.

"Ideas you would share with me, my friend?" she asked softly, her eyes dark and deep and utterly unfathomable.

[ 07-30-2006 11:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-30-2006 11:11 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla turned to Graysith, again biting her lip in thought. "Perhaps you could track ShaRhylla with the All?" Shayla queried. "Or--"

She paused, rubbing her chin thoughtfully, pondering the likelyhood of the ideas forming in her mind. "You said that you did not believe this Rykounagin had traits Rhylla would endear to herself," Shayla observed. "While they were working with one another when last we were here, married even...

...what if something went arwy between them? I wonder if the boy is still here, somewhere, or if he has departed as well...

...or if something else has happened entirely, and he has departed with her."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-30-2006 11:27 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes darkened further.

"Whether they have had a spat or not is irrelevant!" she snapped, not knowing for a certainty of course but somehow suspecting that Rykounagin's presence in her daughter's life had indeed more than likely some sort of bearing on her disappearance.

"What matters is that the people believe she is yet their Lady, perhaps that he is their Lord!"

Her voice rose in shaking anger, nipping each word off with precise clarity.

"If she cannot be found, perhaps he can; this sort of command is not one a Lady gives forth from her bedchambers. Come, Shayla; it is time we visit the Throne Room, to let the Temple know I have arrived, and to put out a serious search for my misbehaving child.

"As well as for the lad, Rykounagin!"

Saying nothing further, she swept to her wardrobe, and from there withdrew her most royal robe of state. Deep royal blue it was, rich like the most expensive of velvets, each shimmering fiber tipped with ultraviolet so that it seemed to glow of its own accord. Delicate yet ornate embroideries of pearl and silver chased the robes, woven skillfully into shining strips of silvery fabric and Krayt dragon pearls. A platinum, pearl and diamond tiara acted as crown; turning away, she eyed Shayla one moment before reaching back inside.

This time the robes were deep maroon, spun with gold and encrusted with citrine and topaz. A small golded circlet, adorned with golden and russet leaves, lay in Graysith's hand, waitng to be placed upon Shayla's head.

"If my Adept you are, with a place within this great society, then you must dress the part, my dear," she said, her voice deceptively soft, her eyes blazing like sparkling amethysts in her head.

"The Throne Room awaits us; shall we hasten there, no matter what the hour?"

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-31-2006 07:02 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nodding once in affirmation, Shayla took the maroon robes from Graysith, quickly putting them on. The citrine and topaz woven into the rich fabric made her eyes sparkle, the depth in them unmistakable. Letting her dark blonde hair fall freely on her shoulders, Shayla put the golden circlet upon her head.

She was ready.

"I am ready, my Sister," Shayla stated then, taking Graysith's side. Departing the Dark Lady's chambers altogether then, the two women gracefully walked through the corridors of the Temple, occassionally drawing carefully veiled looks of surprise from a Sith here or there, most managing to hold their surprise at bay. At length, however, they did arrive in the Throne room, whereupon they were met with the sight of a young man dressed in robes of silk, the look in his eyes dark and brooding. Shayla arched one eyebrow, glancing to Graysith.

And this is how one would claim leadership of the Sith, by sitting and brooding while his Lady is missing? Shayla couldn't help but think darkly.

She said no such thing aloud, however, but instead waited for Graysith's lead.

She was, after all, the true Dark Lady and leader of the Warriors.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 07-31-2006 10:37 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I gazed upon the two women who had entered the throneroom, and inwardly gave a quiet sigh. I had supposed she would show up in time to give me the rather literal, royal boot. I straightened, and rose from the throne, knowing conflict was not the way to take this sort of a meeting.

Afterall, here I had very little power. "I suppose my time here is up." I said softly, descending the small steps from the throne. "I did think you'd come for your chair eventually... now that you're here, I can leave the sith for a time, assured that no woe will beget them..."

I ceased my steps, turning my head slightly, still watching them. "Will you be needing an update of the times? Or may I go look for my wife?" I did not even hesitate to use the same title I had two days previously used, for it was my intent to reclaim that same title very soon.

"But where are my manners? Welcome back to the living, Lady Graysith." I inclined my head respectfully, loathing the motion as I did so.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.213.231
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2006 10:54 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stood ramrod stiff, her eyes as dark as Rykounagin's own, inwardly seething. For if there had been any question concerning this lad's possible connection to the Darker Realms, his final welcoming commented had laid it neatly to rest.

How would he know of my death, to welcome me to the living? she thought to herself, her brows now beginning to lower just a touch. For the majority of the warriors knew not of this when I passed on--

And he does so with such casual aplomb, as if rising from the death is so commonplace an affair!

She said nothing, merely cut her eyes to Shayla. Her Adept, sensing eyes upon her, glanced quickly back, dark anger floating deeply within her own pair. A silent communication flickered between the two women, then Graysith returned a steady gaze to the lad.

"Your wife?" she said, taking one regal step forward.

"Perhaps we might... help. I do have command of a planet full of warriors, and they are most excellent hunters."

She forced herself to keep her own manner mild, well aware that Rykounagin had a link with a powerful enemy, remembering his volatile nature, and not wanting by any rash actions of her own to force events to suddenly turn...

Unpleasant.

At least not for the moment.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 07-31-2006 11:04 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I held up a hand, forcing a smile. "No... I think this is best kept a personal matter, though your interest and offer are appriciated. I think it is best however, if I find her myself. I do not think she will take kindly to being pulled along by a sith hunting party."

I lowered my gaze for a moment, again wondering where she would have gone, before looking up. "Before I go, I should tell you now that there is an event of importance that had been postponed, and would be a good thing for your own popularity to have brought forth. The blood hunt is upon us, and it's delay has brought many frowns to the faces of the sith. I would recommend going ahead with it."

Though I longed to, I did not make a step towards the exit, for they still stood close to it, and I did not want to seem rushed. "Shall I send for refreshments for you and your... guest? I'm sure you are most weary and would enjoy something cool?"

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.213.231

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05