my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » All That We See (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: All That We See
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-19-2005 01:27 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Lady turned back to the Onidorei, her manner softened a touch, her eyes aching with restrained worry.

"Thank you; the suggestions you offer prove merit, although I do not believe even the best warriors of K'eel Doba could last long against the demonic army we are going to face in the Darker Realms.

"But the Finger of R'lous, yes. If only--"

Her words were snipped off in mid-sentence and her eyes widened a bit, brightening as she suddenly froze. For a brief moment she stood as if enthralled, then brought her focus outward once again.

"The Blade-- it is Ragorian," she informed the others. "He speaks, and states he believes he may know where the Finger of R'lous is..."

Turning her attention inward, she strengthened the link she had with the sorcerer by deliberately grasping the hilt of the sword, which she had place in the belt upon her thrimm.

"Tell me, Ragorian," she spoke back to him.

"Where is the Finger of R'lous? I will endure the gravest of perils if it means I have a chance of reuniting with Phalomir again."

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-19-2005 10:13 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now back on her feet, Shayla pursed her lips, frowning a bit as everyone began discussing again.

"Look, I don't like the idea of going to Aelvedaar with all of this...

...but I also know that, against the Master there probably is no one else who can match powers. We don't even have a prayer unless we've got an All user who is very adept in sorcerery as well...who is a master of sorcery.

And, there is only one of those. And did we not recently discuss that there are two sides to every coin? We don't like Aelvedaar's actions...

...but we don't know in the grand scheme of things just why he chose to act as he did. And, that aside...

...I return to my original point. We need a master of sorcery to defeat the Master himself. And, considering Aelvedaar had the Master locked away in that ship...

...I'd surmise that he doesn't want the guy doing whatever it is he's up to. So speaking with Aelvedaar may be our only chance. I do, however, agree that we may need to consider an escape route, should one become necessary...

...and I believe we do need to find the Finger. But first things first...

...we need to get out of here and be on our way."

Shayla paused, cocking her head a bit. "Shall we proceed to Char'lingua?"

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-19-2005 10:42 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Hey,” said Panthar, “that reminds me of something I was trying to think of earlier, when we were walking into that—that—temple. All the time we were dealing with the Master – and Thoran, come to think of it – they kept talking about how Aelvedaar betrayed them and backed out on a deal of some kind. What if they made that up? I mean, what if they did that to try to steer us clear of Aelvy? Now, I admit, he has done some pretty crappy things to us, most of all Jharmeen. But like you guys always say, there’s a bigger picture that we could be missing.”

Panthar sat on the drying ground.

“I mean, look, it was awfully convenient that the Master shows up on the ship that we stole from Korris’ian, and how easy – although painful – it was to inadvertently break him out. And don’t forget those vials of whatever we found in that storage room… or was that just me and Phal? Anyway…”

Panthar raised his palms flat, blood dripping from the open wound on his right hand.

“On one hand, we can’t fight the Master in the Darker Realms with what we have right now. On the other hand, we don’t know if we can ask Aelvy for help without getting fried. One the other hand, that Finger pretty well wiped out a whole demon army when Gray used it. One the other hand, we don’t know where it is and it almost fried Phal when that happened. On the other hand, if the blade knows where it is and we get it, he can help Gray use it. All right, I’m out of hands.”

Panthar looked up.

“Allright, now that I’ve repeated things so someone simple like me can understand them, I vote we find out if the blade knows where the Finger is, get it, and go kick some Darker Realms butt. Even if the blade is trying to trap us for some stupid reason, it’s better than doing nothing. Hey, would it be prudent to maybe send one or two of us to see Aelvy?”

Panthar stopped and cocked his head to Shayla.

“Wait, what’s in Char’linqua?”

[ 08-19-2005 10:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-19-2005 10:48 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla looked to Panthar. "Char'lingua is the space port on this planet. We can get a ship from there. And as far as only one or two of us going to speak with Aelvedaar...

...I'm not sure if that is a good idea. United, we stand strong...

...divided, we may be weaker. Splitting the group may protect members, but then it may do nothing more than delay whatever might go wrong happening to all of us. Although, perhaps only a couple of us should go directly to Aelvedaar, while the others of us wait behind...

...but this can be decided onboard a ship bound for Khar Delba..."

She trailed a moment, then made an addendum, "...unless, of course, the Blade knows where the Finger is and can lead us there. Still, we can always change our course as necessary once onboard."

[ 08-19-2005 10:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-19-2005 11:12 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A slight frown wrinkled Graysith's forehead.

"Please," she said, holding up a hand.

"I am waiting for Ragorian to reply to me, can you speak more softly so I can concentrate without distraction?"

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-19-2005 11:27 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar looked to Gray sheepishly, then turned back to Shayla.

“But why do we need a ship?” he asked quietly. “I mean, we have two All people here who can open a portal. OK, one is really tired and the other is a little nutso from too much time in the temple, but at least one of those problems is curable. How long will it take us to hike down the mountain and get to the spaceport? Compare that to giving Gray some time to rest, not to mention the danger involved in hiking.”

Panthar exhaled slowly.

“By the way,” he said quietly. “Does anyone know just where we are and how far a hike it is?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-20-2005 01:14 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Reaching back through his memories, Ragorian quickly pieced together a quick summary of what had happened to the Finger, as far as he knew.

I remember that the Axis prompted that Sith warrior into taking the Finger from where Graysith left it, to search for my blade, he recounted to himself.

The warrior was in turn felled by ShaRhylla and I, and ShaRhylla took up possession of the Finger for a time.

Then, as I was sent with Kelvandar to possess Salandaar, ShaRhylla was placed under a sleep enchantment by Rykounagin, who, we believe, stole the Finger.

So, it can be assumed that Rykounagin possesses the Finger.

But wait, a part of him spoke up, directing him toward a different set of memories. Did not Rykounagin say that he was in the service of Lord Aelvedaar?

Yes, something about being his Chosen Son. As such, it can be surmised that he stole the Finger to give to Aelvedaar...

Satisfied with his recounting, he spoke to Graysith.

"If my memory serves me, milady, the Finger was stolen from the Temple by that boy Rykounagin."

"However, there is something you should know about the young lad."

"I believe that Rykounagin has entered into the service of Lord Aelvedaar. The boy himself called himself Aelvedaar's "Chosen Son," if that means anything to you? He certainly seemed very loyal to the Dark Lord the last time I saw him."

"So, I can say it would be safe to assume, milady, that Rykounagin stole the Finger for Lord Aelvedaar, and that the object now resides with the Dark Lord of Sorcerers."

Ragorian fell silent a moment to allow Graysith to appreciate this information then spoke again.
"As to how we would accomplish taking the Finger from Aelvedaar, I do not know. I have had several ideas, all of which I would assume to be quite unfeasable or near impossible."

"I would assume you and some of our companions know the Dark Lord far better than I, so I will let you speak to them now. I shall be listening, so if you desire my imput or have any sort of question for me, do not hesitate to ask. I wish to help you in whatever way possible, my Lady Graysith."

As he fell silent, Ragorian was startled to find that he had injected much sincerity into that last statement...

...And more startled to find that he meant it.

Something about Graysith's plight, and her pure, uncomplicated love for Phalomir, had stirred the deep-seated seeds of compassion in him.

For once he felt a desire to help without a need to gain anything for himself.

A very strange feeling, he remarke to himself. But an altogehter pleasant one nonetheless...

Chuckling at his own compassion, Ragorian turned his attention back ot Graysith and their companions...

...Ready to give whatever aid he could to their quest.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-20-2005 12:06 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned a bit, then replied softly to Panthar. "The All is not to be used lightly," she began. "Its usage can severely drain a person, and that aside...

...it may draw attention to us. At least, that is my opinion...

...and there are others here who may agree or not. As to just where we are...

...we have the coordinates Galen gave us. We also have the coordinates to Prinn'chatka, so if we map it out we should easily be able to calculate just where the spaceport is, or we should be able to get close to it at least."

Pausing at that, Shayla did some quiet mental calculations, using her piloting abilities to help her find the way. Her keen greeny-blue eyes looked skyward for several minutes, her eyes vague.

Then, to finish her calculations off, she stretched out with the Force to sense for sentient life-forms in the direction where she believed Prinn'chatka and the spaceport to be. After the course of several quiet minutes, she spoke up once more, extending an arm, a hand, and a pointer finger in one particular direction.

"My Force senses and the coordinates we have tell me that the spaceport is that way," she explained. "Actually, it is not too far from us...

...but perhaps it is about half a day's walk, the terrain considered. Sooo--"

She trailed a moment, "We'd best be on our way, if this is the method of travel we are going to stick with."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-20-2005 12:14 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We looked to Shayla and spoke, a slightly curious edge to our voice. "We would not pretend to be very knowledgeable about this planet, but judging by the snowy conditions, does that not signify that perhaps we would be at a higher elevation, and hence require some more vertically based movement? We know not exactly how far the starport is, but we do know that the snow would greatly impede us."

We paused, considering our next voicing. "If there was to be any climbing done, we doubt we could complete such actions, or on that note, walk and snow combined, make this journey upon foot. We do not know the Onidorei's capacity for travel in any conditions."

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-20-2005 10:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla turned to the Onidorei, her expression totally unreadable. "I'm certain we can remedy your difficulties crossing the snowy terrain, should this be the mode of travel we all agree upon."

Saying nothing futher, Shayla then turned to Jharmeen, wondering if Ragorian had responded, cocking her head as if asking an unspoken, "Anything yet?", her body and her mind all the while ready to get on the move.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-21-2005 01:35 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith turned somewhat distractedly towards Shayla, for the majority of her attention was yet planted upon the Sith sorcerer with whom she was in contact. The news that Lord Aelvedaar was more than likely in possession of the Finger of R'lous was disconcerting enough--

--but what truly startled her was the brief shimmer of body language Ragorian had sent her way. Just for a moment there, she thought he had... softened somehow, become more...

Human.

But before she could pin a finger on it, that flicker of whatever it was had disappeared. She cleared her throat, turned back to the others, but tightened her grip on the sword which carried Ragorian's spirit.

"Ragorian surmises that Rykounagin has once again taken the Finger of R'lous, and has more than likely turned it over to Lord Aelvedaar, with whom he has... allied himself."

She drew in a breath, then filled in the others with all Ragorian had divulged to her, both fact and theory. She paused a moment after sharing the information, then straightened up.

"The fact that we are still alive leads me to believe that we may yet entertain hope regarding Lord Aelvedaar. For if he truly is the traitor you state, and has possession of the Finger of R'lous, there would be no reason to keep him from destroying us. In fact, in order for him to continue upon the dark path we believe he has chosen to take, he would have to kill us, and the quicker the better.

"Yet we live."

She spread her arms a little from her sides and looked meaningfully at the party. Then she turned to Shayla.

"This Temple lies far from our capitol city," she went on. "I believe what you are sensing is a secondary, more rural spaceport. But there is sure to be ships or at least some kind of transportation there, with which we can easily return to Ch'arlingua to take a ship, and then--"

She trailed into silence with that, pinning the others with a sharp gaze, one heavy with meaning. Then, the alpine winds whipping her hair about her face, she tightened her cloak about herself and began floundering through the snow, heading downslope from the rock around which they were grouped. For no matter what course they all chose, they still needed to get back to lower elevations before the dim little dwarf sun had set.

[ 08-21-2005 01:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-21-2005 02:17 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“And then?” Panthar repeated the question back to Jharmeen as he stood.

“And then, I think we have little choice. It seems that the two paths before us have now crossed into one. In order to obtain the Finger, we need to visit Aelvedaar. In a way, I am almost beginning to think that maybe there actually is something bigger going on with him. Jharmeen is right, why are we still alive? With the Finger, he could have skewered us easily by now. Heck, maybe even without it. Could it be that there is something bigger and nastier than him that he is getting ready to fight?”

Panthar grimaced.

“Well, I can see him manipulating that kid to get the Finger, but why would have sent an assassin after Phal and Jharmeen? And why would do some of the other things he did?”

Panthar stopped and brushed the dirt from his robes. He turned back to the others who were stirring about.

“Well, folks, we all better start hiking. That is, unless someone either has a ship in their pocket, or a com link to call for one.”

Panthar got a thoughtful look.

“Or, a link with Aelvedaar. To save us the trip, why not bring him here?”

--------------------

Aeylmaar

Heir Apparent to Dark Lord, Sorcerer Clan of the Sith

Member # 416

posted 08-21-2005 02:33 PM     Profile for Aeylmaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aeylmaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Up until this point the young Sith had been content to simply remain quiet, not only because this was the best way to gain information, but also because he really did not know what he might do to assist in their situation. Truly, it seemed to be becoming more convoluted and complex with every passing moment; in his experience, this was something dealt with by the warriors, not the sorcerers.

But the first steps he took into the cold, powdery snow were enough to prompt him into speech.

"I have my doubts about surprising Lord Aelvedaar with an unexpected visit here, but I-- I have a ship," he said softly, his nostrils curling in distaste as he lifted his robes in an almost dainty manner to step off away from the rock and into the surrounding snow. He took another hesitant step and nearly fell flat on his face. His foot had come down into a slight depression hidden by the smoothing blanket of snow; reflexively he let go of his robes and waved his arms for balance. He only partially succeeded in keeping himself from going completely horizontal, finally ending tilted somewhat to one side, one hand buried in the snow for support.

His nostrils curled even further as he slowly and carefully regained his feet.

"But it is a fighter, and small; we cannot all fit into it. Perhaps some of us may fly to where a larger vessel is docked; by the way, where is the one in which you came to K'eel Doba?"

--------------------

No greater honor can any Sith ask, than to serve his Clan and his Lord.

Posts: 143 | From: Khar Delba | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-21-2005 03:39 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Beginning to hike down the snowy mountain with his wife, Erik paused upon Aeylmaar's near-tumble into the snow as well as with his query.

"Ahhh..." he started out, remembering the vessel they arrived in all-too-well. "We arrived here onboard an ancient sith vessel we took from Kori'san. Considering how the warriors received us from that ship...

...I wouldn't recommend trying to go back to it."

Quieting a moment, Erik frowned, then continued with, "Hey, what about that Sith warship we've flown in the past? Might we be able to get back into one of those? After all, several of us know how to fly one, which could give us an advantage later on."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-21-2005 04:19 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“You have a ship?” asked Panthar. “Here? Like, as is ‘right here’? Then, heck yeah, I say you and someone else fly somewhere and get a bigger ship."

Panthar turned to Erik.

"Lessee, we have that warship of Gray's, yeah… except isn’t that in the elseness right now? Then there is the ancient ship thing, but like you said, it’s probably under heavy guard. I’m sure there is something big enough for us all somewhere nearby, though, like in that nearby port."

Panthar looked at Jharmeen, who was looking very tired, then turned back to the Sith.

“Why don’t you take Shayla and Galen with you, they both know how to pilot and cam help kick any butt you might need to kick along the way. In the meantime, we can set up a make-shift camp here. Jharmeen needs to rest, and I've got robes to spare here to make a bed. There are lots of trees around, let’s us gather some wood and Aeylmaar can use some of his magick to make us a fire before you guys go.”

[ 08-21-2005 04:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-21-2005 04:49 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That inexplicable and overwhelming surge of hatred and fury I had been so recently inundated with seemed to recede farther and faster with each passing moment that I sat there in the snow. In the wake of its passing there arose something more akin to my normal mental state of being--

Oh, ok, Emotional as well.

--something which just kept me silent as those around me began to discuss matters again. So there I sat in the snow, a stunned little lump, trying to switch gears and come up with something worthwhile.

That is, until the stocky form of the Sith Panthar's essence was inhabiting turned and looked me straight in the eye.

Dammit, those eyes were blue.

Like Darra's....

A fresh wave of grief and pain and anger began to war somewhere inside, coming head to head with what common sense and logic it could find and striving to stomp it into oblivion. That heated rush nearly succeeded, but not before the final little red flag began waving for all it was worth, this time in my own direction, which gave me the strength I needed to stop and think.

Albeit coldly.

Too many people here, the evil rush began to whisper, the inherent suggestion carried within a living thing that squirmed and wriggled in my chest.

But maybe later--

I gasped, clambered to my feet and began to dust the cold white stuff from my body.

"Uhh-- yeah."

I gave Panthar a somewhat nervous look, wondering if he had seen my momentary lapse. If he had I sure as Roon's Treasure couldn't tell; he still had that goofy ol earnest look planted on his puss.

Shaking my head, I went on, going to where Terrin had gained his own feet before beginning to move off after my sister.

"He has a good idea; I think Shayla and I should go get a larger ship while you guys make camp here.

"And you stay put here to keep an eye on things, my love." I whispered the last, standing on my tiptoes and pressing my lips to his ear that no one else would hear it.

I let myself back down after giving my husband a little kiss, and turned to the blonde jedi. Suddenly I wanted nothing more than to get as far as I could from Jharmeen, to get myself under wraps and figure out just what the hell was going on with my head.

Not to mention my heart.

"You game?" I asked her, and put my hands on my hips, my stance wide and strong while I waited for the general concensus to what Big Red had offered as a possible solution to our immediate predicament.

[ 08-21-2005 10:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-21-2005 06:11 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's greeny-blue eyes met Galen's, the look in them extremely steady and utterly serene. "Sounds like a good plan to me," she stated then, shifting her eyes to regard Jharmeen. "We'll be back as soon as possible; you get some rest," she said simply before turning to Aeylmaar. "I'm ready," she told him then, shifting so as to give him the lead to their new destination: the Sith fighter he had brought to K'eel Doba.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-21-2005 06:29 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I certainly will, Terrin thought blackly, keenly aware of what must be going on in Galen's head.

Or at least, of who she must be thinking of.

As anger threatened to rise again, Terrin turned from those thoughts, and shot Galen a look that read You can count on it, sweetheart.

Then he looked to the others in the group. "I don't think there's much we can do to set up camp, seeing as we have no supplies," he observed, hearing Jasyn distinctively mutter "I HATE the cold!" somewhere behind him as he then fell silent.

All the while he couldn't stop one final errant thought. Get back here soon, Galen, cause the sooner we get going with all this...

...the sooner we can get done and get back to Darra.

[ 08-21-2005 06:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-21-2005 10:33 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“All right,” said Panthar, smiling. “Now we’re cooking! Good point, Terrin. Hey, Aeylmaar, do you have any survival gear on the fighter? If so, um, how about Jasyn and Matt go with them to the fighter and bring some things back. Hopefully there will be some blankets and water and such. Erik, would you mind gathering up some wood so Aeylmaar can start a fire for us? I’m going try to pick out a good spot to set up our little homestead.”

Panthar walked back to the temple and scouted the area. The ground was cold and hard, but there was a small grove of pine trees to the left of the temple where a blanket of soft pine needles cushioned his steps. The temple itself blocked most of the cold wind, and there were no immediate threats of rocks falling from overhead.

“Hey, let’s build the fire over here,” he called out, clearing a patch of needles with his foot. He then began to arrange loose stones into a circle, trying to use only his good hand. He then gathered a few small sticks together within the circle and waited for Erik to bring larger pieces.

--------------------

Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-21-2005 10:44 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This Rykounagin stole such things AGAIN?
This was a curiosity to us... strange as it was, we could not help but begin to wonder more and more at the strange blade the lady Graysith carried. It seemed to have great knowledge. Something perhaps we shared in common?

"Lady Graysith. We wish not to sound manipulative in the slightest, but if you are to rest, would it not be more beneficial to lay the blade of Ragorian within the hands of another while you are to recover? We would volunteer for this duty if so, as we are sure our multiple minds would prove too difficult for even he to command. It would also giev him the benefit of being able to use "our lips" per se."

We paused yet again however. "We leave this too you, Lady Graysith."

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-21-2005 11:10 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the Onidorei made its proposal to Graysith, Ragorian began to give it consideration

An interesting proposal, and one with several benefits, he mused to himself. This Onidorei creature has interested me for soem time. I would not pass up the chance to learn more of it.

His decision made, Ragorian reached out to Graysith and spoke.

"Perhaps the Onidorei's proposal would be for the best, my Lady. I know that continuous connnection with me can be...taxing. And you are obviously weary."

"And as the being stated, you would not have to worry about him falling under my control. Eighty minds is beyond my capacity to control."

"And I have no real desire..."

Ragorian suddenly paused, considering what he had been about to say. His mind was on the verge of releasing the words "To control, or betray, you or any of our companions."

Considering these for a moment, Ragorian found that they were true.

Again, that flicker of compassion shows itself, he commented amusedly to himself. It is growing stronger. if you do not watch yourself, Ragorian, you'll find that you become one of the "Good Guys."

His chuckle rising in volume throughout his own mind, Ragorian released those curious words, words of honesty, born from compassion, both of which he had not felt or used in some time.

"...to control, or betray, you or any of our companions."

"And I would not mind being able to speak on my own. It must grow tiresome repeating most of what I say to the rest of the group."

"Of course, if you need the aid of me or my powers, I will eagerly return to your hand. But for now, I believe this to be a fine solution."

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-22-2005 12:59 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar kicked pine needles into a long pile, then spread his outer robes on top of it.

“Jharmeen,” he called over. “Come over here and lie down. Now.”

He walked over to her and took her gently by the arm.

“Please,” he said. “You need your rest. If we’re going to go after Phal, you need to be at one-hundred percent. There’s nothing more we can do until they come back with a bigger ship, anyway. It’s not the best bed in the world, but it should enough to keep you comfortable for a while, and once the fire is going then you should be plenty warm.”

He nodded at the blade.

“I know you don’t want anyone touching that, maybe we can wrap it up next to you?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-22-2005 03:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I do not find that a viable consideration, my friend, even though I feel you offer this both truthfully and earnestly."

And yes, it does grow wearisome, constantly repeating Ragorian's words to the others. Something must be done about that; there is always the sharing of bodies, but for that we need to travel to Koris'ian....

Shaking her head at these reveries, she finally decided that she would put her mind to the problem when she was rested and fully alert. Then motioning to Panthar, the Dark Lady allowed him to lead her to the bed he had created for her. For a moment she just stood there, looking down upon it. Then she sank into its relative softness with a sigh.

"Yes," she finally answered Panthar, balancing there on her knees.

"I shall remove this blade and lay it down beside me, for I was serious about what I said before. No other hands shall touch this handle; I have seen and felt what it can do, and it is simply far too dangerous for any other to risk touching it."

"Even with your assurances, my friend; for how well can you truly control yourself and your actions?"

So saying, she removed the blade from her belt and laid it on the robes.

"I trust you will watch over me, that none who might be curious about Ragorian attempts such folly."

With those final words to Panthar she let herself slide down upon his silken robes, curling on her side where she immediately fell into a deep and healing slumber.

[ 08-22-2005 03:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 08-22-2005 09:19 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn scowled blackly, not liking being told what to do all that much. "Hey," he started, "I take orders from just one..."

And at that, he trailed, catching the look in Terrin's eye. Although Jasyn didn't read it as being reprimanding, he sure did read it as saying Just shut the hell up and do it.

So, with effort, Jasyn unfolded his arms and turned to Matt, his shoulder devil popping up simultaneously to say: Hey, none of these Sith peeps are to be trusted. Best to keep an eye on all of them, eh???

Jasyn shook his head marginally to clear this particular thought, then turned to Aeylmaar. "Allright, fine, I guess we're gonna hike to your ship with you. But then, this all presupposes you actually have some supplies onboard..."

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-22-2005 09:24 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik scratched his head a bit. "Shouldn't be any trouble to find some wood for a fire," he responded, "But I'm a Corellian Jedi short his lightsaber since..."

He trailed, frowned a moment, then continued with, "Well, since I don't remember when. Cutting wood is going to prove a daunting task...

...so all I can promise are some tree limbs and broken stuff. I guess, unless someone comes up with any other suggestions, this will have to do."

Saying nothing further than that, assuming that if anyone had any suggestions to offer they would speak up quickly, Erik turned and began to head for some trees standing not far from their location.

Hopefully some of the limbs on a few of them have snapped against the cold and will make this job a little easier to deal with...

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05