my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » All That We See (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: All That We See
Aeylmaar

Heir Apparent to Dark Lord, Sorcerer Clan of the Sith

Member # 416

posted 08-16-2005 01:12 AM     Profile for Aeylmaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aeylmaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He seemed to be watching the drama unfolding beneath his very nose, but the truth of the matter was that the young Sith apprentice was likewise lost in a vice-like grip of overwhelming sorrow.

His dear, beloved Lord Aelvedaar. He to whom he had apprenticed himself, four thousand years in their past. He for whom he had died, willingly letting the Dark Jedi rend his flesh asunder with their strange swords of light, trusing in the old Sorcerer Lord that he would be reborn, that he would live again...

Those words had proven to be true. He was indeed alive... but far from well.

"My dear, dear Father," he mourned to himself, over and over.

"He is gone, something has taken him, he is no more, there is a doppleganger, how can I continue in his stead, how can I shake the usurper from the throne? What can I do; it is of no use, no use, no use...."

With a small shudder he too sank to his knees, his amber eyes wet with tears, the bright light within them blanking out as he covered them with his hands.

In the shadows, something seemed to snicker in growing satisfaction.

--------------------

No greater honor can any Sith ask, than to serve his Clan and his Lord.

Posts: 143 | From: Khar Delba | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-16-2005 01:35 AM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We watched fearfully as the signs became more and more critical, as no one seemed to care or to come to her aid. "She is going into shock, we must remove her and take her to a place of medical attention. There is no time to waste upon other things unless one of you is hiding a Bacta tank in their pockets."

We tried pulling her up but found the limbs to be unable to do so. Next we had that single mind focus upon lifting her, but to no avail as she rose a few inches only to tumble back down.

We looked to the "Sith" and the male humans, and tried as best we could to convey the urgency in what we said: "I cannot lift her, carry her back to the other place so she can get treatment!" We commanded, rising, the Vocalizer able just barely to convey a sense of urgency within us.

"If we do not soon she may find the damage irreversable! Quickly!"

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-16-2005 08:44 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Strangely enough, with every step into the Temple, Terrin got angrier...

...exponentially so. It was as if you could see the lightning bolts in his eyes, he was so angry...

...furious. He was keenly aware of what was going on, knew that Graysith had fallen and was unresponsive, in a strange sort of unending despair...

...and he didn't give a damn.

Let her stew. Let her know how the betrayal feels...

...she's done it enough to her sister. Let her stew and rot in it...

As these dark thoughts clouded his mind and his logic, Terrin vaguely heard the words of the Onidorei...

...and the look in his eyes blackened even further.

"Shut the kriffing hell up!!!" Terrin seethed, actually inching up on the Onidorei, a hand shooting out to grab what would, on a human's anatomy anyway, be its neck. Before the device...

...or the beings inside it realized what was happening, he grabbed the translator, and shoved it, letting go shortly after he'd taken hold to send it sprawling towards the floor, not far from Graysith.

Somewhere nearby, Jasyn laughed an almost manical laugh...

[ 08-16-2005 08:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-16-2005 08:53 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar looked around, seeing Jharmeen on the floor in a pool of sorrow, Aeylmaar hanging his head in a fit of total depression, and everyone else going a little bit on the nutso side. He suddenly felt very nervous, very insecure. He backed up to the wall and placed both hands behind him flat against the surface.

“H-hey, guys,” he stammered. “Um, the machine thing is probably right, you know? We should, um, go?”

He looked around, seeing the people with whom he had spent many long travels. But now he felt a strange sense of urgency, and he no longer had faith in their abilities. Galen looked like she was ready to explode, Terrin had a distinct look of angry mistrust, and everyone else seemed like helpless kittens. Especially Graysith! The great and terrible Graysith, master of the All, the ability to bring down Dark Lords with a single kiss…

Dark Lords?

Oh hells bells, Phalomir! He was stuck in the Darker Realms, with only this group of imbeciles to save him. Oh, what a great set of odds he had!

And what about the Master?

“Oh, no, this just isn’t right,” Panthar shivered. “It can’t be right, can it? No no no no no no no no no no NO NO NO!”

He turned wide, bloodshot eyes to Aeylmaar. Suddenly so very unsure of himself, he questioned the Sith.

“If it’s not Aelvedaar, then what the heck has the Master been talking about? Dammit, he said Aelvedaar set him up, locked him in that ship… where we could find him? That doesn’t sound right, does it? I mean, the two of them are supposedly in some sort of conflict with each other, why would Aelvy put him there…? And with all those vials of whatever that was? I don’t know, dammit! I just wanted my name in a book, now I’m stuck inside a Sith body on a planet that doesn’t exist in a lunatic temple!”

Panthar dug his nails into the wall, ripping the bandage from his wounded hand. The pain was suddenly intense, bringing him from shivering lunacy to a sudden, if brief, clearness. Everyone was losing it, everyone. Why? What had Gray said about this place?

He felt the tremble of panic spread in once again, and needed physical contact. Now. He rolled to the floor and scooped up Jharmeen in his arms holding her close.

“Get us out of here, dammit dammit DAMMIT!”

[ 08-16-2005 08:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-16-2005 09:08 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"She is the only one to open the portal..." We murmured, before looking about, specifically to the sith who now seemed so self absorbed, trying to ignore the human who had wrested us from our attempted aid of the woman.

"You-!" We directed towards the sith. "You came here of your own foot and no other method, tell us how to escape from this place with haste!"

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-16-2005 09:11 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something deep inside of Shayla, something that she perhaps was not entirely aware of, began to rush forth as Aeylmaar's words concerning Aelvedaar and his assasination attempt on Jharmeen came to her ears.

Or perhaps she had been aware of its existence all along.

Dark to defeat the Dark...

... true potential...

Her growing feelings were not those of the despair Jharmeen Jhin'Dar Qu'taro felt. They were, instead, something selfsustaining, fueled by anger and hatred.

He would do such a thing to his own Chosen Daughter? To her friend? Her own chosen sister?!?

Even as these dark thoughts sprang in Shayla's mind, she stretched out, reaching to her chosen sister through the Force and connecting with her...

...Shayla's dark thoughts spilling in to mix with Jharmeen's despair, strangely enough bringing another entirely dark emotion to that which was causing Jharmeen so much grief.

"They would seek to destroy us and all we have fought for, Shayla thought, not knowing if her words were heard but knowing the feelings would be felt just the same. Do not let either of them succeed, they do not deserve the satisfaction. Instead, they deserve nothing short of death.

We shall avenge these wrongs, my Sister...

We shall...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-16-2005 10:05 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Seeing the strangeness about him, it took Erik a long time to put things all together...

...until he recalled what Galen had said about this place back when they were on Kori'san.

Oh damn. This was not good.

Erik grabbed Shayla, who was deeply intuned upon Jharmeen, and shook her by the shoulders.

"Shayla...Shayla!!!" We have got to get out of here!!!"

His wife frowned, not seeming to comprehend, almost totally enthralled. She didn't move an inch.

Erik frowned back at her, and muttered a "Sorry sweetheart, but we're taking off."

Then he turned to the others, who were mostly out of sorts...

...and caught Matt Stanza's alert green eyes. Likewise, he looked at the Onidorei...

...and then spoke up. "Look, this place is amplifying everyone's dark emotions," Erik spoke up for all to hear, "We've got to get out of here, fast...

...and I'm willing to help drag everyone out the door if that is what it takes..."

He paused, whirling to face Aeylmaar, who was still on his knees, but now looking up. "...but it would help if I knew where the door was," Erik finished, looking Aeylmaar sternly in the eye. "Think of what is happening here, of all this despair and strange action, please. Think of how you've seen us all before...

...and of the state of mind you were in when you arrived here yourself. We need you to get out of here faster, and I know you somewhere down deep know the powers of this temple and believe not all is lost, or else you would not have come here to begin with. So please, if you can't get us out of here yourself, point me in the direction of the door..."

[ 08-16-2005 10:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Aeylmaar

Heir Apparent to Dark Lord, Sorcerer Clan of the Sith

Member # 416

posted 08-16-2005 10:20 PM     Profile for Aeylmaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aeylmaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"D-door?"

The young Heir Apparent looked up at Erik, tears standing in his eyes. He sniffled, rubbed a clawed finger beneath his nose, then released a fresh flow of tears down the planes of his face as he blinked.

It seemed as if a pair of hands gripped him then, tightly, as if awash with some sort of urgency. He shook his horned head against the feeling, blinking again, striving to bring meaning to the strange monosyllabe that had just been thrust into his ears.

"Door?" he repeated, a look of almost wonder coming into his eyes.

A weird sensation came over him then. It was as if those incorporeal hands were shaking him, trying to bring him to his senses. Not quite succeeding, they did what best they could then do: they drew him upward to stand, albeit somewhat shakily, on his feet.

Glowing volcanic eyes perused him sternly. Something shook him again... harder.

"Door," he said a third time, but this time the tone of his voice was less mournful, more assured. He cast a quick look about himself, trying to get his bearings.

"I-- I have been here long... it is this way, I believe..."

He quieted then and simply pointed down a particularly dismal corridor.

[ 08-16-2005 10:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aeylmaar ]

--------------------

No greater honor can any Sith ask, than to serve his Clan and his Lord.

Posts: 143 | From: Khar Delba | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-16-2005 10:28 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar pressed Jharmeen close to him, struggling for comfort. She was all that Phalomir cherished, and now he clung to her for support. He desperately wanted to leave this place, to stand, to move, but he could not. What if he fell? What if something was waiting for him to move? So far nothing had grabbed him, but maybe only because he was on the ground!

Wait, door? Someone said there is a door? Where? Where? WHERE?

Door, yes, there, someone said it again. BUT WHERE?!

Panthar glanced upwards, again hearing the magical word. This time a hand pointed in a direction, and the combination of that and the wonderful word that hinted at safety brought him to his feet before his mind had a chance to react.

With Jharmeen in his arms, he sprang forward and padded down the dark hallway. His Sith vision aided his sight, but it did not matter. The hallway was short, and ended in an old wooden door. He turned backwards and crashed into it, sending splinters into his back. He moved forward and plunged backards again, this time bursting the latch that held the door shut. He tumbled backwards, outside the temple and into a large snow bank. He sank three feet into the snow, on his back, with Jharmeen lying on top.

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-16-2005 11:00 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We watched as the almost oafishly desperate Sith pounded his way through the door and out into the snow, and managed to rise, a hand up to ward off further blows by the enraged human.

"Perhaps it would be better if we continued this out of this dreary place? And you sith-" We gestured faintly to the sith. "You seem most thoughtful, it was once studied that the cold kept a mind sharper and more able to process thought. Perhaps it would be to your benefit if you were to accompany the rest of us out?"

With that we did our best to beat a hasty retreat, though found that as we willed our legs to run they merely walked.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-16-2005 11:01 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ooof!"

Graysith spluttered against the force of impact, the fall exacerbated by shards of icy snow which flew into her face and up her nose. She sneezed, then glared, instantly alert.

"Mr. Dantares!" she burst out with, utterly shocked, not yet fully aware of where they were or what had just happened to them. All she knew was that she was laying on top of him, his face entirely too close to hers.

It was suddenly much closer as she put out a hand to rise up, only to have it slide out from under her, sending her crashing flat against Panthar's supine form.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-17-2005 07:36 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar cringed as the pain from his hand went singing up his arm, only to have the breath knocked out of him as Jharmeen’s elbows crashed into his chest. She was suddenly sprawled on top of him, her warmth permeating to his skin to fight off the cold below him.

Cold?

Jharmeen on top of him?

“What the--” he started, trying to rise but instead sinking further into the snow. He wiggled and dug his heels into the snow, searching for purchase.

“Snow!” he exclaimed. He held onto Jharmeen the best he could and rose to a sitting position. The temple stood before them, rising sinisterly from the rocks. They were sitting in a snow drift caused by the winds that whistled through the mountains by which they were surrounded. Peaks rose around them, and the temple itself seemed to be situated in a valley of sorts, albeit one sitting at extremely high elevation and formed by a convergence of rising peaks.

Panthar breathed hard, his lungs not quite filling with enough air.

“Gray-- Jharmeen. What happened? Where is everyone? Are you all right?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 65.168.244.23
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-17-2005 08:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I could ask much the same of you, Mr. Dantares!" Graysith retorted as she floundered to her feet, one hand flailing for balance as she tried to maintain an upright posture in the deep, powdery snow, the other instinctively grasping Panthar's robes until she at last gained enough purchase to stand still.

She stared up at him, frowning.

"I can't think clearly, for some reason; we were looking for-- Aeylmaar, and we went into the Temple of the War God--"

A horrified expression shot over her face, chasing away every last vestige of puzzlement and confusion.

"The Temple of S'slan is the temple where warriors pay homage to their god of war; it is a dark place, and one into which only the most highly trained of the warriors dare to enter. Oh, how could I have forgotten--"

She trailed a moment, seething at herself for the glaring oversight. However, considering the pair of them were standing in snow nearly knee deep -- well, knee deep to her, mid-calf on Panthar -- high in the alpine wilderness, wasting what little breath there was to be gained in self-reproval was one of the farthest things from their best interests.

She let out a sigh, then spoke up again.

"The Temple is a very dangerous place; we must get the others out of there, now.

"Quickly, Mr. Dantares; have you the strength to withstand the terrors within if I allow you direct entry to their position, there to help the others leave?"

Without waiting for any sort of reply she simply shot her hand off to one side, the fingers once more peculiarly positioned, and tweaked the fabric of space and time. A Portal ripped into the spaces between molecules, opening a door between themselves and the last place they had visited.

Holding her hand thus, she turned back to Panthar and nodded.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.168.244.23
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-17-2005 08:50 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I don’t think we have much choice,” Panthar said, swallowing hard and bracing himself. He thought about rolling meadows filled with white and yellow flowers, and a small furry animal frolicking about. He stepped into the portal and the furry animal turned to him with long sharp teeth dripping blood…

He shook his head and cleared his thoughts, completing the entrance into the hallway. He found the group in disarray, each member seeming to be lost in their own thoughts. Well, almost everyone.

“Hey, grab people and get them through the portal, now!” he called over to Erik, who seemed to be coherent. He then grabbed for the nearest person, who happened to be Aeylmaar, and shoved hard until he tumbled through the portal and into the same snow bank. Panthar then turned back to grab the next person.

Actually two, for Galen and Terrin were both fairly small compared to the Sith body Panthar occupied. He grabbed one in each arm and dragged them through, each flailing about and connecting with some serious punches into his midsection.

Panthar briefly wondered what a bruise would look like on a Sith, then dropped both Galen and Terrin into the snow, not gently.

“I need to wait a minute before going back in,” he announced to nobody in particular.

[ 08-17-2005 08:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 65.168.244.23
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-17-2005 08:55 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was lost somewhere in the darkness, only slightly aware that Erik had picked her up and was carrying her...

...well, somewhere. She frowned, her eyes not entirely focused, and began to struggle the slightest...

...when the blinding sun and a chill in the air made her freeze in his arms. She wasn't quite sure where they were and how they had come to be there...

...and her head was feeling fuzzy. She frowned deeper, shaking her head, blinking as if to lift the fog from her vision. Slowly, her husband's concerned face swam into focus. Still befuddled, Shayla stretched out with her Force senses, and was impacted with the feeling of several familar Force-essences...

...and overwhelming darkness. The fog immediately lifted, and she reached up to rub her eyes as if waking from a bad dream.

"What has happened?" she queried, first to her husband then moving her head to include both Jharmeen and Panthar into her question, "And where is everyone else?"

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-17-2005 09:00 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ooooh, now that was just about enough! Who the hell did that blasted goon think he was, to just and grab and drag and--

I shuddered as overwhelming fury suddenly sat back meek as a kitten, giving way to a fresh rush of confusion. Casting a bleary eye about, what should I behold but--

"Snow?" I asked, sounding like the universe's biggest idiot. I shook my head, feeling clarity finally come washing over me, just in time to hear Shayla calling out from somewhere nearby.

"I--" Another quick glance around. "That is, Terrin and I are over here, I don't know about anyone else--

"Would someone care to enlighten me as to what in Hell's Seven Circles is going on around here?"

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.168.244.23
Matt Stanza

Eagle Enterprises Second in Command

Member # 415

posted 08-17-2005 09:05 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt merely shook his head as he was left to apparently deal with Jasyn.

Same novel, different chapter, he thought, eyeing his buddy, who was singing something to himself.

Oh, this was going to be rich...

"Com'n, Jasyn," Matt started, taking the other man by the arm.

Jasyn swung back at him, scowling. "No kriffing way!" he growled. "I'm in for adventure!"

Matt frowned, knowing that, despite Jasyn's attitude, the threat was serious...

...and knowing that this was going to take some creative manuevering. "Hey, look, everyone else has already headed that way," he stated, pointing towards the portal. "Your adventure is going to be cut short if we just stand around here."

His look black, Jasyn folded his arms. "More of the stinkin' Sifffth?"

Then it dawned on Matt. "Well, we already are in a Sith temple..."

If this didn't work, he was going to have to start dragging Jasyn, which he didn't look forward to...

"Awww hell!" Jasyn spat. "They're trying to bewitch us even now!!!" And without any further ado than that, Jasyn began to move...

...and stomped right out of the portal and fell, very ungracefully and off balance, into the snow.

Matt followed him out, keeping a steady eye on him...yet remaining upright as he stepped into the snow himself.

--------------------

You bow to no one. Not anymore. Not ever again.~~~Matt Stanza

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-17-2005 09:19 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
One minute, the fire in Terrin's mind and heart could have burned a hole through durracrete...

...and the next a chill cold enough to freeze Tatooine ran all over him. He frowned, confused, and blinked to clear what he was now comprehending as a strange white fog over his eyes...

...and then realized that there was something cold and white surrounding him.

He got to his feet as best as he could, glad that he was tall as he finally registered that they were all standing in snow.

Allright, when the hell did this happen?!? And as for this damn Sith burial robe it was...

...not...

...designed...

...for...

...COLD!

Terrin shivered...and looked about in time to see Jasyn fall into the snow...

...as well as enough to find Galen's red hair contrasting against it. He reached out to lend her a hand and get her to her feet...

...which were buried in snow, along with a good deal of the rest of her.

"Allright," he then said aloud. "I reiterate what Galen just said...

...what the kriffing hell is going on here?"

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-17-2005 09:25 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stood in shivering silence in the snow, watching like a broody hen as, one after the other, her companions made their way in one manner or another from the drear and dangerous Temple of S'slan.

Last to come toddling out the door was the jerkily moving Oni, who was shouting out something before a servo appeared to freeze up on him, sending him tumbling into cold, white snow.

Graysith frowned.

"This shall not do," she said as she cast a quick look about. Then she found what she was looking for: nearby was a strange mound of snow. Pointing a finger at it she let a small blast of All strength energize the molecules of air surrounding that mound, until it heated enough to melt the snow, revealing a large boulder that had been hidden beneath it. Smiling now, she strengthened the blast, now energizing the molecules of the stone itself, until it began to glow a soft burgundy and started reradiating heat away from itself.

"There," she said as she floundered through the snow, each step becoming easier bit by bit the closer she got, the snow thinning beneath her feet, until by the time she was a couple meters from the boulder she was standing on solid, if rocky, ground. She waited until the others grouped around, then spoke up.

"This place is safe enough from prying eyes and ears, so I think it is here we should make our final plans.

"I have brought us to Aeylmaar, my friends. What shall we do next, and how best should we proceed?"

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.168.244.23
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-18-2005 12:25 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We looked upon the others, seeming to have returned to their normal state and answered the simple question many had queried forth.

"We believe the temple radiated some form of field that enraged or otherwise promoted greater negative and dark feelings, hence your assault upon myself, the depression of the lady Graysith and the likes." Little did we know the full extent of what had happened, the power of those dark magics, but we did state what we could believe and thus left it there.

"As for a course of action? We leave this to you."

[ 08-18-2005 12:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Onidorei ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-18-2005 01:17 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith blinked, somewhat taken aback by the words of the Onidorei.

"Apparently I was mistaken in the reasoning you presented earlier to us," she said, giving him a bit of a cold look.

"Your analysis of our experience inside the Temple of S'slan is not only logical, but correct. Your opinions and suggestions concerning future matters would be much appreciated; indeed, this is why I decided to go with the group decision and release you. The greater number of minds available to address a problem, the better, and you house those of eighty highly intelligent beings.

"I am somewhat disappointed in the comment you just made."

With that she turned her back on the device, ignoring it now while she waited for the others to speak. More and more her thoughts regarding this strange machine were turning to simple expediency--

What does one do with unnecessary baggage, after all?

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-18-2005 02:15 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Perhaps we had misjudged in who had the greater reasoning skills, we thought as she unreasonably seemed to believe we would know EVERYTHING reguarding the current circumstances.

"Pardon us for not being as helpful as we could be. We are still not as knowledgeable as we would like to be, but we are sure we will learn in time. If you wish to know what we think of as a course of action, we would recommend pushing on with your origonal goal and task, it is the only way such a quest as we know it can be delt with."

[ 08-18-2005 11:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-19-2005 12:08 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith whirled at that, her eyes flashing even as did the sigil on her brow.

"There is much danger ahead of us; the adversaries we have are of a dimension beyond this, with powers greater than those of our group combined!

"We need -- I need every available asset and can brook no flotsam."

She strode over to the gawky machine and stopped before it.

"There are many minds in your housing, highly intelligent and analytical ones. Minds of scientists, of those who dare to think outside the box, to reach for the new, and to find ways of making it work.

"I expect those minds to assist and offer not merely affirmation to an idea but to possibly naysay it, and offer another line of reasoning.

"I need assistance, not the mere parroting of what I say; if you cannot help us in this manner, then you are free to go about your business.

"This is not a field trip; I cannot afford to waste time at this point with mere tag-alongs, as cruel as that sounds to say it. Everyone in this party must pull his or her weight, and none can stand alone.

"We don't dare."

She quieted then, the Glyph lessening its eerie fires as the image of Phalomir floated up before her. She shivered, aching that even this little bit of time was being wasted in so foolish a manner, when every second counted in getting to him.

[ 08-19-2005 12:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-19-2005 12:24 AM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"We do believe we were under the impression we were released for aiding you in what we had seen." We said as coldly as the Onidorei could muster.

"There is little we can offer until our minds are more composed to our present setting. However, if you wished for specifics-" We began running through what we had been told and hence knew.

"The most obvious course of action is to get away from this location, as it aids us not in physical conditions of those who are not made of living steel." We of course refered to the biological members of the party, hence everyone else. "We would surmise that this "Aelvedaar" figure has in the past somehow attempted to destroy you. For further interaction, a bargaining chip may be what you need to assure that betrayal in the future will not be enacted."

We paused, then continued. "Aside from, the aquisition of this "Finger" is obviously also of import. Following it from it's last known location along a trail would be the most beneficial. If you have any ideas upon who might possess it now, placing those in a grouped application to put forth further hypothesis would be most useful."

Yet again we considered, and spoke forth our last time. "We do recall you said that you were the lady, empress, or the like of a society of "warriors". If it is the destruction of other beings you wish, perhaps it would be plausible to use those resources given to aid you in the inevitable battle. We do recall though, that "politicts" of these beings were not your concern as you were presently considered dead. We are not sure, but if these warriors have a religious base to their society, your "rising from the dead" could be the sign of some form of "Crusade" to destroy this "Master" you frequently speak of, and hence rescue Phalomir."

We were almost quite sure that though we were doing our best to put forth suggestions, those who knew the individuals at question better and who knew more of this world we had been freed into, were sure to laugh at what we said. But it was the best we could do.

"But perhaps others of our party have thoughts as to what we should do?"

[ 08-19-2005 12:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Onidorei ]

--------------------

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-19-2005 12:23 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Graysith and her companions had all begun to fall to pieces, Ragorian had also felt his frustration at their despair and anger mounting with each passing moment. But soon another part of him, the part still inside the sleeping ShaRhylla, had noted that his frustration was rising quite out of proportion for this situation.

He quickly realized that there was some sort of dark magick at work in this temple, one that was fast tearing this group to pieces.

He had been able to calm his frustration back down to acceptable levels, and, not being able to reach the Lady Graysith, he was left with little to do but watch as Panthar struggled outside with Graysith, and they quickly retrieved the others.

After a time, as Graysith and the Onidorei creature argued somewhat, Ragorian also felt a need to speak, and reached out to Graysith.

"If I may, milady, inject a few thoughts into this discussion?"

"It seems that we may not be able to trust Lord Aelvedaar now, from what I have heard. As such, continuing on to visit him may not be a very good idea unless we either know we can escape if he turns on us and have something very great to gain from visiting him."

"Now, as you said, we require a great amount of power to combat this Master and rescue Phalomir. At first, your plan was to convince Lord Aelvedaar to fight alongside us, correct? It seems that may no longer be an option."

"As such, it would seem, as the Onidorei said, that our focus should be on recovering the Finger of R'lous. With it in your grasp, I assume we would have enough might to take on the Master."

Ragorian paused, searched his memory, then continued.
"I believe I know who stole the Finger, milady, and I also believe I know where it is, though I cannot be certain..."

Ragorian fell silent, again searching into his memory, deeper this time, searching to affirm his theory. after a time, he spoke again.
"However, milady, if I am right, then the Finger may well be beyond our grasp. Even if it is not, recovering it could be a very dangerous proposition..."

Falling silent, Ragorian awaited Lady Graysith's reply, and also began working on planning some sort of course they could take. As Graysith had said, every member of this group needed to pull their weight, and Ragorian planned to pull his own and then some.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05