my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Into The Out Of (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Into The Out Of
The Master

Member # 529

posted 04-19-2005 09:23 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: The Master and Graysith enter from Of Masters and the Mastered in this forum, thank you!))

The Master stood at the doorway to the Dark Hall. The huge, daunting black doors were shut tightly against all intruders, and the Hall itself bore down like the culmination of every nightmare ever dreamed. The Master grinned at its majestic malevolence. His eyes followed the doors down to the ground, where a being in bright white armor stood guard over the doorway.

The Master looked down to the figure of Graysith, asleep in his arms. She lay curled next to him, a dark reflection of the loving way she was held by Phalomir only moments before. The smile broadened, and the Master stepped forward.

He was stopped short by the creaking of ancient metal, and the brightly armored figure brought down an enormous pike to bear upon the Master’s head. A gravelly voice creaked out a question, the Master growled a response, and the figure raised its pike and stepped aside. The doors opened, and the Master stepped inside.

“You are very privileged, my dear,” said the Master tenderly. “It is not often we receive foreign dignitaries. I am sure you shall be well received.”

A shadow moved in the darkness, and the Master froze it with a flick of his hand.

“Fetch the former Dark Lord,” the Master quipped. “Tonight he is to dine with his true masters.”

The shadow slithered along the wall, then flew through the doors, already closing.

[ 04-19-2005 09:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 05-09-2005 09:28 PM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post
(((Enter "Skarwael" here.)))
Sssssssafe is the master, that he is, and he brings a guest, that he does... Skarwael hissed to himself, clinging to the wall a few meters up, currled into a small nitch upon the dark stoned ceiling. He had come some weeks before, voicing his answer to the guardian demon flawlessly, as so few others had done in the past.

"A dignitary?" He whispered, his voice slightly high as he looked down towards the master. "Such curious behaviour from the master there is!" His s' hissed and were extended as he spoke them, staring down to the sith below, cradingly the seemingly fragile body of the female in his arms.

--------------------

"Only a demon can slay other demons."

Posts: 34 | From: In your nightmares! | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 168.103.197.5
The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-11-2005 12:11 AM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master looked up into the darkened ceiling, a smirk standing proudly upon his face.

“Ah,” he said to the shadows. “Skarwael. Awaiting my return, or hoping upon all odds against it?”

The smirk turned into a more genuine smile.

“It matters not, for this day not even your insolence can wear thin. I have returned, and, once again, I have succeeded where Roan has failed. I bring to the Black Tower the Lady, the ‘chosen one’. He wants only vengeance, but I shall offer him something of much greater importance.”

The Master walked further into the hallway, the dark shape on the ceiling following. He could hear the sharp claws digging into the flesh of the stone, and the slither of the tail as it brushed along the surface. The Master came to a room, the door opening for him as he paused before it.

He stepped inside and lay Jharmeen down upon a soft, black bed. It resembled thick tar, but supported her and formed around her back side. The Master knelt beside her, brushed the hair from her face with his clawed hand, and bent to kiss her forehead. When he pulled back, a dark smoldering stain covered the silent glyph, evaporating into the air. He stroked his fingers over the glyph and tilted his head slightly.

“My son has an affinity with this one,” he said apparently to no-one. “She will not be harmed until I command it.” The walls and floor shook slightly, as if in acquiescence.

“Skarwael,” he said, still looking at the Dark Lady. “You see before you the Dark Lady of the Warriors, of the Sith. Do you know why I brought her here?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 67.41.106.40
Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 05-11-2005 12:15 AM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post
"Because royal blood tastes better than common mortal blood?" Skarwael hissed humourously, skitting to the side to that he was latched to a wall oposite the master.

"Hmmmm, perhaps a gift to the lord, or bait for other mortals yes?" He inspected the dark lady, and as for most demons, was tempted to leap forwards and feast upon her easily hearable heart, but he resisted. "It matters not to Skarwael, he doens't care, the masters business and plans are his. Skarwael is just here to helps him."

--------------------

Posts: 34 | From: In your nightmares! | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 168.103.69.105
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 05-11-2005 12:28 AM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The demon hastened along the spongy rocks with a swiftness found in no other realm. It dashed through valleys, bounded along the shadows, and stopped only when it came to a tall cliffside overlooking a vast stretch of plains. The demon was small, much smaller than the hordes which covered the ground below, and this it feared. It crept along the top of the cliff, unseen, and made its way slowly down into the valley.

It paused at the bottom, hiding behind a black boulder. Demons marched by in neat rows, no small feat for such wild, salivating beasts. But these were the new demons, guided since their creation by the Dark Lord. His wane in powers was more than recompensed by his ability to train soldiers, and soldiers these were.

The small demon waited for a clear moment, then darted across the plain in a mad dash for the huge Sith-like figure at the center of the hordes. The movement caught the attention of one of the soldiers, and it instinctively lunged for the target. The messenger leaped to avoid the snapping teeth, only to be caught in mid-air by the massive hand of Roan.

“Masssster…” croaked the demon, wind barely escaping its mouth. “returnsssss… tonight… you dine…..”

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 67.41.106.40
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 05-14-2005 01:52 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Roan sneered, tightening his grip upon the miserable little demon's throat. His lips curled in a snarl as he brought the hapless creature up to his face, a scarce few millimeters being all to separate the writhing thing from his nose.

He squeezed, not as a reminder that it would take but a touch to kill the demon, for indeed ths beast was practically immortal. But he could make the thing very uncomfortable indeed.

"Am I a galley wench to come running at His beck and call?" Roan growled, pressing his fingers into the non-flesh of the demon's throat. The little thing gargled as it hung there, front claws raking Roan's arm, its tail lashing from side to side sending a spray of its poisons flying in a wide arc about it.

Roan ignored it. After a moment longer he snarled in disgust, and flung the demon from him.

"Your Master would do well to remember just who it was that granted his miserable existence a reprieve from death!" he growled, wiping ichor from his claws.

Then, the movement lightning fast, he pointed at the demon, using his abilities to raise it about two and a half meters from the non-ground of this terrible place.

"Tell your Master that he is not mine; I deny his offer!"

With that he rent open a Portal, and flung the demon through it to land at the feet of the one who had sent him.

Roan howled his outrage, letting the Master know quite clearly his feelings in the matter before he twisted his wrist in a peculiar manner and snapped closed the Portal he had opened.

[ 05-14-2005 02:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.8
The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-14-2005 06:17 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The demon lay trembling at the Master’s feet. The Master raised an eyebrow and regarded the pitiful creature. He then turned to Skarwael.

“I am surprised,” he mused. “I expected no less than three pieces be sent back, not a whole. Perhaps I should have sent you instead?”

The Master stroked Jharmeen’s forehead once again.

“No matter,” he said. “It is only jealousy, bitterness that the Dark Lord of Buffoonery is forbidden entry into this tower without my leave. I would almost think he would jump at the chance to enter, but no, he of course would decline out of pride. He must be called here, but on his own terms. Allow him to believe he has not been granted permission, that is what we must do, my dearest.”

The Master turned to the little demon, and ripped his own portal open in the air between the two. In an instant, the Dark Lord was in view.

“Roan!” he called out. “I have returned home, and I brought something-- a small memento from my travels. I would dearly love to show it to you, perhaps even share.”

He picked up Jharmeen easily in his arms and turned to face the portal once more. He stroked her hair with his clawed hand, and stared into the portal as an unearthly grin spread across his face.

“What a pity it is that you cannot join us,” he smirked.

With a wave of his finger, the portal closed.

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 67.41.106.40
Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 05-14-2005 06:25 PM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post
Skarwael cackles, a hissing of sorts, and smiled. "Cruels the master is." he laughed. "Stills, Skarlwael wishes the other demons had come back deads, we could have eats him!" He let out another cackle and skittered down from the wall to sit upon the floor, snickering at what had just occured.

--------------------

Posts: 34 | From: In your nightmares! | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 168.103.69.105
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 05-18-2005 01:43 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A dark, cruel smile spread along Roan's features when the Portal flashed into being right under his nose, displaying who the so-called "Master" was holding in his grasp. Then that smile escalated as the Dark Lord threw back his head and howled his amusement to the ears of the slavering and gibbering imps who groveled at his feet.

"The old fool," he muttered in a raspy growl as his dark merriment was brought under control.

"And he purports to be so powerful!"

Shaking his head at the blindness of the other, he turned from the spot where the Portal had hovered, and went on to further oversee the military training of his demonic hordes.

[ 05-18-2005 01:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.8
The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-23-2005 11:29 AM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master gently lay Jharmeen back down upon the black bed. Sitting beside her, he stroked the hair from her eyes, and ran a clawed finger around the outline of the glyph on her forehead. He smiled in a half-sneer and stood. He held his hands up to shoulder height, pointing his palms at the bed. His palms glowed bright red, then a shimmering translucent film spread over the bed, encircling the whole area in a large bubble.

“She will be remain here,” he said, turning to the two demons that occupied the room with him. “The powers of the tower shall prevent her from leaving, or being… taken.”

“Watch her,” he spoke to the smaller demon. “But speak not with her should she wake. She is of living flesh from the Realms of Light, and as such will fill your head with lies and deceit. Remain here until called for.”

He then turned his attention to the demon he called Skarwael.

“And as for you,” he smiled, the last word stretching out into a purr. “I shall soon have a task that involves a journey into that Realm. Are you fit? Are you prepared?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 05-23-2005 03:51 PM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post
Skarwael almost wanted to scream in delight, but merely satisfied himself by smiling wickedly and running his claws together. "Oh yes of course Skarwael is ready, always ready! Where does you take Skarwael?!"

He was cackling madly, in pure ecstasy of the moment.

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-23-2005 10:38 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master’s smile evaporated like water on a reactor core. His hand flew out, glowing brightly, and the demon went sailing across the room as if struck by an unseen hand.

“Save you cackles for the babbling hordes,” the Master hissed. “I pulled you out of those ranks because you showed intelligence, if you wish to roil with the mindless masses then I shall gladly send you back. Lord Roan would surely find a use for you in the army.”

The Master’s demeanor changed swiftly once more. His face became a sea of devious delight as he flicked his hand upward, and the demon rose into the air. With a twitch of his finger, the Master brought Skarwael floating closer. He left the demon hovering and walked a slow circle around it.

“But if you indeed possess the intelligence you purport,” he cooed, “then calm yourself and mark well my instructions. My son, Lord Phalomir of the Sith, rightful heir to the Three Clans--”

A small orb of fire burst into being to the right of the Master. It cleared, showing the face of Phalomir.

“Remember him well,” he continued. “Revere him for the sacrifice he shall make, for the life he shall give to our empire, and to its master. The Realm of Light has failed us, and it is time to take the hand of our own destinies. Bring him to me, Skarwael, that is your task.”

He released the demon and it fell gently to the ground. The image of Phalomir continued to float.

“He can only come of his own will,” the Master said. “My patience, my tolerance, of the fools which he makes his comrades is at an end. I need to focus my energies here, on the rebirth, so I send you to do this simple task. Tell him of his lovely Lady, offer an exchange, in truth I care not what you do. But he may in no way be forced, and he must enter the Tower through the doors. Have you questions?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 67.41.105.45
Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 05-23-2005 10:47 PM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post
"Appologies master, but Skarwael has always longed to go to the light again." He nodded. "The methods of retrieval?" he studdied the face, considering what would bring the mortal back to his home plane.

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-23-2005 11:02 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master let out a genuine laugh.

“The method is completely up to you, my friend. Once you travel to the Light, by means of a portal, then do what you can to coax Phalomir here, to the Tower. You, as a being of this Realm, may open your own portal back to the doorway. Of course, having no experience in this, I expect your portal to open somewhere in the Caves of Chaos instead of the Tower doors, but control will come with practice.”

Seeing the eagerness once again rising in the demon, the Master threatened a backhand. Still holding his hand poised, he merely continued.

“In the Realm of Light, simply tear a hole into the fabric of space. You have claws, use them.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 67.41.105.45
Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 05-24-2005 04:14 PM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post
Skarwael smiled. "Very wells, sends Skarwael to your son so that Skarwael might retrieves him."

He looked at the master intently, his insideous mind already thinking of ways to lure the foolhearted boy into returning to his masters home, and his.

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-26-2005 04:02 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Very well,” said the Master. He moved his hand quickly, rending an opening in mid-air just large enough for the demon to pass through. The view on the other side was a darkened room, illuminated only by candles that had been lined along a pathway of flowers. The pathway led off from view, but the sounds of sobbing could be heard nearby.

The Master grinned, then swatted the demon with his boot to send him through the portal. Watching Skarwael disappear into the shadows along the wall, the Master closed the portal.

“I wonder how many Sith warriors it takes to slay a demon?” he mused. “That is last I shall see of that one.”

He turned to the smaller demon, who was fidgeting in the corner.

“As for you, should anyone approach our prize, be it even Lord Roan, come to me immediately. The Tower shall protect her, but I wish to know who would deign to view our Lady. I shall be in the Resurrection Chamber.”

The Master swirled on his heel and vanished through a dark doorway that was not there moments before. After he passed, the walls seemed to sag together again, displaying no sign of an opening ever existing.

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 05-26-2005 04:08 PM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: With a hop, a skip, and a mad cackle, Skarwael gleefully leaps into "The Crossroads of Shadows" in this forum, thankyou!)))

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-07-2005 12:28 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Universe was mad, reduced to a soft black nothing held in the pupils of two immense Eyes, transformed into the non-ness that was something, existing everywhere and yet nowhere, such as it had before it had leapt into being at the energy-wrinkle of another dimension. She lay within it, a paradox, a living, breathing something in a place where all matter was no matter, where energy cried to be given life, and watched with growing curiosity the antics of the Eyes' owner as It seemed to ponder, deciding what to do. A toy was within its grasp, and there was a Game to be played; many games in fact.

The growing question was which one would be the most entertaining.

"Oh no, not that one," she informed It with graceful nonchalance.

"That one is entirely too simple; it shall be over too soon. What about this?"

She pointed a slender digit, pausing momentarily to marvel at the pale virginity of it. For some reason it didn't seem right, something was missing... she shrugged, and focused instead on the dilemma being presented to her strange Companion.

Although not in the possession of a head, it seemed to nod toward... something. Invisible brows rose in question; It turned a look upon her.

"Perhaps," she answered the silent query.

"But I think this one is far better...."

The Eyes turned inward, contemplating. A resolution of some sort seemed to have been reached. A dark smile seemed to fill those frightening orbs then as all about in the non-space in which she floated there came a universal ripple, followed immediately by a blinding flash of improbable light.

She gasped, instinctively screwing her eyes shut tight-tight-tight against that awful Light, and when she opened them...

...it was to the blessed, cool relief of red-tinged darkness. She smiled into that darkness, laying for the moment just enjoying the feel of it, until from nowhere memories came barreling down upon her all in a rush.

Her eyes widened; she sat quickly up, looking around her into the unfamiliar darkness.

This must be... a medical bay on the Sith ship? she thought to herself as she slipped from the bed. She tottered slowly about the room, gaining her equilibrium, just being as other memories came flooding along with her growing strength, her growing confidence.

A hand flew unconsciously to the Glyph on her forehead; with a little grunt she realized it was there as normal, lighting her hand in a soft violet glow, reflecting about her in a tiny pool of light. She stretched out with it a bit, letting the light from it extend further to brighten the dimness...

...and gasped to find she was surrounded by something that looked like cold stone but which in her very soul she knew was not.

A small rectangle against the dimness beckoned; she went to it, finding it to be a tiny slit of a window high on the wall of the mysterious chamber. Her powers responded to her by now naturally occuring and unthinking call; quickly she rose from the floor until she was level with that tiny window and able to see out of it.

She gasped at what she found on the other side....

"Phalomir! Shayla!" she couldn't help but cry as she descended far too quickly to the stone floor once again. Then logic overtook her; grimacing, she then reached out with her powers along the Links she had created with them, seeking to reassure them in their undoubted prisons that she was conscious, aware of their situation, and coming to their assistance...

Only the call stopped cold, slamming into a block placed between them.

Angered, feeling strength born of fear for the safety of the others rushing through her, she decided upon a more direct action. There were other ways of contacting her comrades; a hand stretched out, twisted just so, ripping a Portal in the fabric of otherness that existed, even in this horrible place. A look of determination darkening her features, she marched toward the Portal...

...only to rebound from it as if she and it were the same polar ends of a huge and invisible magnet. She shook her head, and tried again.

Again she rebounded from the opening she had created, quite unable to pass through.

It was only then that cold, uncaring logic descended upon her, informing her that (one) opening a Portal as she just had was really, really fruitless since she obviously had no idea what lay on the opposite side now, did she? - and (two)...

Her powers were strangely truncated, leaving her less than half-defenseless against the horrors of the Darker Realms.

But not totally defenseless.

Determination flooded her, chasing away momentary despair. She would find a means of escape, of that she was certain. Ideas were already coming to her; mixed with them was her fervent hope that Phalomir and the others wouldn't discover where she had been taken and try to come after her.

Unless, of course, they were already here, imprisoned as she was.

She returned to the black bed, sat down upon it, quietly reserving what strength she had as she lent every brain cell to the task of reuniting herself with her loved ones.

[ 06-07-2005 12:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.202
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-14-2005 10:58 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The little demon watched the lady’s movements from his hiding place on the ceiling. When she had first stirred, he immediately climbed to his current spot, hidden among the shadows which grew even darker with the glow from the glyph. He saw her open a portal and try to move through it, but the power of the tower held her prisoner. The imp feared the powers of the tower, but was a slave to them himself. This bothered him little, for the alternative was to march in Roan’s army, and an existence of servitude to the tower was far better.

But here was the lady, now resting again on the bed. His job was to watch her, to alert the Master if anyone should approach her. This was easily done, but his curiosity was growing every moment, as was his boldness. After a short while he scampered slowly down the wall and landed on the soft ground.

“Is-- Is the lady comfortable?” he croaked out the best he could. His voice seemed almost demur, hesitant. “Does it wish for something warmer?”

[ 06-14-2005 11:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 71.34.176.129
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-15-2005 12:04 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith could not help letting out a slight gasp at the unexpected words of the little demon. Indeed, while perusing her prison she had been aware of its presence above her, hanging there above her head like a shadow amidst shadows darker, and knew that it had undoubtedly been sent there to act as a watchdog over her.

She hadn't expected it would actually speak to her, however. Not to mention the surprisingly civil words that it had uttered.

She blinked her violet eyes, slowly, and forced herself to remain as calm as possible.

"Yes, I desire a particular warmth," she finally said.

"But it is something you cannot offer me."

With that she folded her hands in her lap, and fell silent.

[ 06-15-2005 12:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-15-2005 12:11 AM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The imp cocked its head, as if in thought.

“You seeks not warmth of heat, but warmth of other?” it asked. “Master has telled me of such things, but understanding I am not. Warm to me is nothing, but to warm my outside when chills creep. Master tells of heart feelings, things that play on strings.”

The demon stared at Jharmeen a moment, it’s dark eyes pondering.

“Is it Phallymeer?” the little imp asked. “He will warm you? Master has sent for Phallymeer, will your heart strings play when he comes?”

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 71.34.176.129
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-15-2005 12:21 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A flash of alarm lit in the depths of Graysith's eyes, quickly masked. She drew in a breath, let out a sigh.

"No," she replied slowly. "It is not that. The warmth I seek is of the sun; it has been too long since I have felt it against my face."

She blinked, mildly surprised with herself to find the truth in the words she had just uttered. Then she closed her eyes, raising her head up as a sunflower would, seeking to follow a blazing star that simply wasn't there.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-15-2005 12:27 AM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Yes,” said the imp, happily. “Yes, the son! It IS Phallymeer! Master says when the son comes to the tower, then all will be new. The son will help bring HIM, and we will be free. Be happy, sad lady, all will be rightness soon.”

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-04-2005 03:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Again the Chosen Daughter found herself pushing against rising alarm, rising concern, rising fear; with every talent she possessed she at last succeeded in masking the inflooding emotions completely before they could be reflected in her face or demeanor.

Keeping her breathing soft and easy, she spoke softly to the little imp.

"The Master has sent for Phalomir?" she asked him, radiating innocence with every aspect of her being.

"Who is this Master, and why is he so weak as to seek out a mere Dark Lord of the Sith, when there is greater power to be had--"

Or battled against....

"And who is this other, this... Him of which you speak?" she finished with before falling into silence, letting her gaze dwell upon the scorpion-tailed little being, but now letting a flash of darkness creep into her own visage.

Indeed, although being constrained by what she assumed to be the magickal arts of the future Sith, she knew from the lessons she had received from Aelvedaar that every spell had its counterpart.

She now devoted herself to more serious contemplation of her predicament, lending every ounce of brain-power to the task of finding a way out of it, all the while keeping up a simple facade of helplessness and innocence in the hopes that the little creature before her would continue to be deceived.

After all, others of its kind were dealt with easily enough; she had no doubts that this one would follow suit.

[ 07-04-2005 03:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 07-04-2005 09:29 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The imp flickered its teeth in the dark light, a sly smile crossing its lips.

“Him is the one! He was, then was not, but will be again, he will! And to be the one that is who was and will be again will make HIM the one who is and will be! Simple, it is! Master knows, Master knew. When Master found the secret of time, he makes a deal, he did. Time-tripping son, blown around like fly in the wind, back and forth, forth and back, always landing and not knowing why. Not knowing who he is sometimes. But the son is not stupid, just lucky. But now Master knows the secret, knows why they make the deal, and knows it is time to bring time-tripping son home to finish deal.”

The imp dropped his back slightly and stepped in a bit, and lowered his voice.

“Master was mortal, his secret big-big and only me knows it,” he whispered. “Me knows more, me does. More abouts you lady, but me not telling. Yet.”

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 67.41.105.144

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05