my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Into The Out Of (Page 10)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Into The Out Of
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 04-19-2006 04:37 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The demon eyed Rykounigan as it approached cautiously. The man was sprawled on the soft ground, spared serious injury from the strange sponge-like quality of the stone, moaning softly as he regained consciousness. He bled from several wounds, and this excited the imp.

It bent down on all fours, its stinger tail poising to strike. Now only two meters from its victim, the imp let out a snarl and pounced.

Then halted, backpeddling quickly as it stared wide-eyed at the writing on the man’s skin. It retreated back a few steps, then crouched, awaiting the man to fully gain awareness. Soon three more imps appeared, followed by several others, and all crouched uncertainly behind the first., gibbering softly to each other.

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-19-2006 10:01 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My breathing was choppy and cut by my shock from what had happened, my head glancing about at the demons who seemed to wish to strike, but were oddly reluctant.

I scrambled up, Evictus again in my hand as I looked at the tower. I looked for a seemingly endless moment, at the place that scorned me and mocked me with its very existance.

Then, from some deep and unearthly pit of hate I found voice, letting out a scream that could have rent the mundane and shook the foundations of a world.

"YOU WONT HAVE YOUR WAY!" Came my voice as the scream itself retreated, causing my torso to heave in the pain and exertion it had already recieved.

I then looked to the demons who stood, staring as they did. "What in the hells do you want?!"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.143.78
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 04-20-2006 03:02 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Red. Red and black, great roiling, coiling tendrils, knotting and writhing together, entwining and bursting apart, tossing upon their heaving backs drear images of pain and anger, strength and victory, hatred...

...and love.

Slowly, oh so slowly, ShaRhylla's eyes opened. For a bit those eerie and uniquely bicolored orbs cast blindly about, seeking, looking, blinking and tearing until vision finally returned to them.

The tears dried.

The halfling sat abruptly up.

She turned those eyes now upon the noisome, red-eyed creature hovering near her. Upon its disgusting face, there sliced a semblance of a smile. A pseudopod of material reached briefly toward her, the gesture somehow familial.

She blinked, then turned her focus inward, seeking further knowledge there. Knowledge now easily discovered, for at long last she simply had the ability to do so. For in her short past, an innate madness had always held her captive: the part of her psyche answering to the call of her father's blood had been unleashed, to raven unchecked over her other, warmer, human half. The half which would have gathered information, assimilating and assessing before considering how to react. Trampled into near obscurity by the militaristic howling of her Sith blood, it had merely retreated away, hiding, trembling, not finding so much as a remote moment in time to poke out an inquisitive nose.

Until Rykounagin had not only been placed into her life, but once there had begun to unexpectedly creep into her heart.

Now released from naive shackles, allowed egress as mania and insanity were in turn pushed away, that human portion of her blood responded to what the Master was saying to her. Intrigued, she was able to at last face the awful image of her time with Entaris, to see not merely what they had done to each other, but what they were in each other's eyes.

One innate aspect of her very being bristled. She did not like being considered chattel.

That portion turned to the tiny remaining speck of warmth yet pulsating in her core. There she found an image even tinier: pale skin melding to red, white hair to black, eyes chromatically flashing.

Her reaction to that image was anything but merely knee-jerk reactivism.

The Master's words burned in her ears like fire. She blinked again, focused on his noxious form.

"You are mistaken," proclaimed her newly-winged human half.

"While claimed, as you say, by these Realms, it was not entirely of my own choosing."

She sat up, surprised with herself for her absolute lack of fear. She stared at the Master, feeling instead a strangely pitying connection with him, and through him, to every denizen of this dark and terrible place.

"So very, very sad," she proclaimed, getting smoothly to her feet and brushing odd bits of unknowable stuff from her gown, even as with her mind she begain instinctively reaching out, seeking a connection, no matter how small, with the missing Rykounagin.

"To face reality, or however you define this place, with such a narrow point of view."

And... yes. You as well, my yet beloved but oh so narrow-minded father.

"I find no fear here, nor reason to fear any longer."

Somewhat surprised with herself for the very words she was speaking, she turned inward once again, reaching down deeply into her very core, seeking the reason for this sudden turn-around in attitude, her lack of fear, her sudden acceptance of things larger than what they at first appear to be.

There within, a knotty door. It opened at a thought, to reveal sitting quietly within--

A single, unmoving white spider.

[ 04-20-2006 04:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
The Darker Realms

Broken Back Button

Member # 728

posted 04-20-2006 11:50 PM     Profile for The Darker Realms   Author's Homepage   Email The Darker Realms     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The first imp approached a step closer, bobbing up and down as it moved.

“It comes from the tower,” it said, hissing and clicking as it forced the words from it’s throat. “Nothings leavings tower but big lords, big lords General Roan and big lords Master of All. We am not seeing no-ones leaving tower for long times, and now you are flying from tower with flesh on your bones. Flesh in our lands, but not of our lands.”

The imp glanced back to the nearest of its brethren, then around at the gathering crowd. It looked back, almost nervously, to Rykounagin.

“And you am wearing runes,” it forced. It cocked its head to the side and looked hard at the boy.

“What am you?”

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Apr 2006  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-22-2006 10:30 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I ignored the creature for now, staring up at the tower in silence, wishing so dearly that I could touch my love's hand, her heart, her mind, anything. ShaRhylla... I'll come. I'll come don't worry...

I gave out a soft sigh, and then turned slightly to regard the demons.

"What am I? I am a dark lord. The dark lord of the warriors. But that doesn't matter, because what I am right now..."

I smirked, and looked at the tower again.

"...is something the master will wish he'd never seen before."

With that, I began to stride up towards the tower, Evictus' curved edge still in hand, as with each step, I came closer to my goal.

(((OOC: Follow those in this thread to "The Siege of a Soul" in this forum. Thankyou.)))

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.143.78

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05