my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Of Masters and the Mastered (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Of Masters and the Mastered
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 04-14-2005 10:54 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
FREEDOM! Our minds screamed, suddenly finding ourselves inside an sealed atmosphere, the ability to walk again just at our fingertips, listening to the woman speak we spoke as loudly as we could, a great level of decibles as it was.

We turned to the red headed woman as we spoke. "We mean you no harm, but provoke us and we are sure that we will do our best to destroy at least one of you, we have very limited capabilities, but we are sure we could do enough damage, now calm and speak, we have waited many millenia in solitude and we WILL NOT be turned away at the paranoia and whim of one simple being!"

Our voices screamed the message out with a great fury, not a single one of us would accept "denial" again. We were quiet for a moment, and spoke again, much more calmly. "We do appologise for the outburst, but we have had no contact for so long that we have lost the ability to socially be "acceptable" under such stress. We do not wish any of you harm, we only wish for acceptance, however mild or great it may be."

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-14-2005 10:58 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I absolutely froze at the first outburst from the Thing, and no amount of after-the-fact reassuring on its part could assuage the level of trepidation which was flooding though my being.

My eyes cut to the still coughing Master, glared at him, slid then to Phalomir who was standing in stony silence.

I told you so! I screamed with every bit of body language I possessed.

Then I began inching backward, bit by bit, seeking to put as much space between myself and the three in this room who I suddenly found myself deeming as enemies to me and mine on an equal scale.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 04-14-2005 11:27 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir came out of his shock and acted swiftly. He called forth his magick and, unconsciously yearning for the power of the Finger of R’Lous, threw up a shimmering shield of energy that divided the room; the Master and the pod on one side, the rest of the group on the other. He looked to Galen as walked between the pod and Jharmeen.

“Galen,” he said, “I do not know why he did this, but the Master ceased to be my father long ago. Please, Galen, I know your desire to find your daughter is immediate, but we must deal with this situation.”

He lowered his voice and crouched, still holding his hand up to channel magick to the shield.

“This entity’s first words were far from what I experienced earlier. Believe me, I too mistrust it. I can shield us from harm, but we must do something else soon. I know you have the ability, can you draw the strength to put this pod back from where it came?”

He looked directly into Galen’s eyes, not quite sure what he was seeing but calling to her nonetheless.

“Galen,” he said calmly. “We are so close to finding her, please help me here. I swear to you, on my life, on my love for your sister, I will do everything I can to help you find your daughter.”

Through the shield came the raspy cackle of the Master.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 04-15-2005 03:49 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Please..." Our voice was mournful, quiet, comming from our tank. "Reconsider, we mean you no harm. Our previous outburst was triggered by the welcome. If you did not notice, we can not actually do you harm while in the containment of this pod, first for the fact that it is shielded beyond our ability, and second that we can no physically move."

We did not move, and our expression was collectively as "mournful" as it could be, though this did little. "Leave us in our containment until your curiosity is sated and your fears removed, but do not place us back into our eternal solitude. We do beg you.

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 04-15-2005 04:24 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's hackles had raised so much in the past few seconds that it would be nothing short of a miracle for anything to get past them. He met Galen, who had been backing away from the Thing and Phalomir, half-way and took her by the hand, immeciately shifting into protective mode.

"There has to be another way," Terrin growled. "I don't want Galen, or any of the rest of us for that matter, near that pod."

Falling silent for a moment at that, Terrin just leveled a questioning gaze at Phalomir, and waited.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 04-18-2005 07:58 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Well,” said Phalomir, a hint of a growl in his own voice, “unless you can find a trap door to drop that thing through--” Phalomir stopped himself, his skin growing a darker red as his eyes seemed to flash.

“Jharmeen cannot assist us, if anyone is to open a portal to shove this pod through then it must be Galen. If we cannot dispose of it, we shall either have to contain it or— or communicate with it further. Now unless you know how to activate a containment field of some type then please tell me what is this ‘another way’ you speak of?”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
The Master

Member # 529

posted 04-18-2005 08:32 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I will show you,” came a deep, crackling voice from near the pod. When Phalomir looked in that direction, the soft red glow of the Master’s skin now revealed a pair of brightly glowing green eyes, long fangs jutting down several inches, and a look of pure malice. The Master had stood, his blood staining the front of his robes but no longer flowing from his mouth.

“I thank you all for releasing me,” he continued. “And ask you one more favor -- deliver a message for me to Aelvedaar. His dream is folly, and the treaty with our realm is over.”

The Master stepped forward and touched the shield Phalomir had thrown. The Master’s eyes flashed and the shield imploded, almost as if it were being sucked into his palm. Phalomir’s eyes grew wide, then he was propelled backwards as if an invisible rancor had swept him aside. He hit the wall with a sickening thud, his eyes remaining wide open as he fell slowly to the floor.

With the shield gone, the Master strolled to where the sleeping Jharmeen lay. He snapped his head to look squarely in the eyes of Jasyn, who had dared to step forward.

“I still own you,” he said, most sinister. He brought his hand up in a flash, making Jasyn flinch, and paused. Cackling loudly, he then spun about and brought his claws down, and in one fluid lightning motion he seemed to rip a hole into the very threads of existence along the floor. He grabbed Jharmeen’s leg in his other hand and jumped into the hole he made, dragging her with him.

“And tell them both, we are waiting in the Dark Hall!”

The Master’s voice trailed as the portal closed, leaving behind a hint of sulfur.

A warning beep sounded on the console, signaling the ship was ready to depart from hyperspace.

((OOC: The Master and Graysith fall into Into The Out Of in this forum, thank you!))

[ 04-19-2005 09:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-18-2005 09:19 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Shayla screamed, reaching out towards the quickly-closing portal in a vain attempt to stop the Master. Erik took her hand, and stopped her from toppling into it as it finally snapped closed with a damning whisp of doom. "Nooo..." she moaned again, her heart growing heavier by the moment...

...and, in the blink of an eye, snaping into sudden action as she whirled on her heel and went to the injured Phalomir. She reached out a healing hand to him, the thoughts she extended to him mirroring the words she now spoke. "We've got to get down and find Aeylmaar. Giving up is not an option."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 04-18-2005 10:12 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"What has happened?" We wondered, watching the frantic drama that had suddenly unfolded before us. This Aelymaar was suddenly a new player in what we knew of.

"Excuse us, but we are unfamiliar with the beings and other events that surround you. We realize we are most likely the cause of what has happened, and we appologise and take full responsibility for what has occured."

[ 04-18-2005 10:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Onidorei ]

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-19-2005 11:55 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shot a look over to Shayla, who was laboring over the fallen Sith, then extended that look to encompass the others. Jasyn, Eric, Matt; all looked totally frazzled by this unexpected move, and even Terrin looked a touch on the shell-shocked side.

I'm sure my own features mirrored those of the others, and to tell the truth I didn't really know what was the actual basis for that:

The fact that my sister, no matter how I spat and fought with her remained my sister, after all... the fact that she had been ripped from us with the ease with which one crushes a gleeberfly...

...or the fact that Phalomir's father didn't appear to be quite....

Sith.

I looked back up into Terrin's eyes, gave him a squeeze and left his side. Hurrying over to Shayla, I knelt beside her.

"Just a minute," I murmured in a low tone, and heaved a quick sigh of relief when she turned momentarily from her task to look at me.

"That-- that thing that just took Jharmeen was purportedly his father, and he sure as Khaandon made lil green worrts looked more like something along the lines of some demonic imps of my acquaintence."

I paused a shuddery moment, that thought bringing with it a flood of memories from that horrible time when I was in the Darker Realms, meeting Phalomir for the first time. My first inclination, that of distrusting Phalomir along with his disappearing daddy, suddenly spun a one-eighty in my head, and in my heart.

I reached out and laid a delaying hand on her shoulder.

"You know, there was something Phalomir told me, when we were in this awful dark other-dimension," I went on.

"He told me that his father was scared spitless of something, a threat to the Sith, I think the Vong were involved somehow.

"Anyway, he said that his father made a deal with some kind of dark forces behind some black river or other, that they would protect the Sith when the time came. But something happened: I guess his father tried to turn him over to these dark forces."

I paused for breath, chewing a little nervously on my cheek as I eyed the downed Sith lord.

"He said he'd meet both Aelvedaar and Phalomir in the Dark Hall--

"You don't suppose that this is another ploy to get Phalomir, do you-- or to kill them both in order to take over the Sith?"

My eyes widened as another thought struck me. I shuddered again, removing my hand from Shayla's shoulder move it to my stomach.

"H-He's there, Roan, in the Dark Place, that other dimension... where the Dark Hall is...."

Then my eyes widened further.

"And I know how to get there..." I breathed, shocked with myself to discover the truth in that last, surprising statement. On the heels of that came crashing defeat.

I slumped to the deck with a scowl.

"We can't; Korriban isn't here anymore," I growled, then sighed again and looked around at the others.

"I think Shayla is right; we have to find Aeylmaar. Pronto."

[ 04-20-2005 12:10 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 04-20-2005 12:27 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar stood on the beach, a long glass of something green in his hand. A warm breeze blew on his face, and the salty spray of the sea left its kiss on his cheek. He ran his fingers through his hair, then noticed the nice tan he was getting on his arm. This had been the greatest vacation ever, and he was so happy that the entire business with the red people had been a strange, elaborate dream.

He raised his drink to the sky, made a toast to someone named Phalomeed—or was it Alfafameer? It didn’t matter now, he was back home, and he was happy.

He noticed that his tan had started to burn, and thought now was the time to head back into the bungalow. As he turned away from the sun he saw just how red his arms had become, and thoughts of seeking out the med droid for some burn ointment crept into his mind. He reached up to scratch the sudden itch on his temple and was shocked to find –

“Horns!” yelped Panthar, his eyes fluttering open as he regained consciousness. He sat up, bewildered, trying to find himself in a world somewhere between the beach and the ship. His head slowly stopped spinning, and the pain in his hand brought reality down upon him.

“Ohhhh,” he moaned, “it wasn’t a dream…”

His leaned back against the wall, and in an absent minded observation he noted, “Hey, we’re out of hyperspace.”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-21-2005 02:30 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Not leaving Phalomir's side, Shayla turned to regard Panthar, suddenly feeling very tired. It was then she realized she had been healing one person or another over the most of the course of their hyperspace journey...

...and she was starting to feel the effects. "Welcome back," she said briefly yet not unkindly. Then she looked to Galen. "Aeylmaar is supposed to be waiting for us here..."

She paused, her look darkening, "...unless something has happened to him. Time for landing procedures, and then we can decide just what we are going to do, and how..."

Quite suddenly, Shayla's words dropped off, and realization dawned. Her hand shot out, and she took Galen by the arm, her eyes widening. "We can get to the Darker Realms still. Remember, the Temple of S'slan..."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 04-21-2005 05:18 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Computer, raise decible levels on vocalizer." We commanded it, waiting for a subconcious bleep to confirm the task done.

"Excuse us for interupting the proceedings, but your banter means nothing to us presently, for we have no past experience in your dealings. We request that you are finished with one course of business before you ignore it and step to another. We refer to your stated wishes to ask us questions." We watched their reactions to our statement and request, as we commanded the vocabulator to lower it's volume again.

"Proceed with your questioning, then we will make no further interjections to your other business unless it is required or within reason to do so."

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 04-21-2005 07:12 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar looked over at the strange pod lying on the floor where there had previously been no strange pod. He raised his good hand, scratched his head, and pointed to the thing.

“What the heck are you?” he asked.

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 04-21-2005 08:18 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's brain finally began processing information again as the Pod--and whatever the hell was inside it--started blaring demanding statements.

That did it.

"Wait a minute," Terrin growled, "Number one priority right now is getting to the surface of Kee'l Doba in one piece so we can find Aeylmaar or figure out a way to get to the Darker Realms--or both. And along with that, finding Darra is a top priority."

Here he paused, turning and addressing the thing. "I don't know if we can trust you, and until you've somehow earned that trust, I don't see reasons for us to start explaining what we are talking about to you. After all, we don't know what you are, or who you are...

...and we don't know who left you out here in this region of space, and why..."

[ 04-21-2005 08:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 04-21-2005 08:31 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We were no longer amused. "Let me explain who we are then." We hissed, the sound quite eery.

"We inhabit the body of Onidorei, a bio-mechanical creature designed to store information and be "interchangable" in functions through bio-manipulation. The majority of what we are in concious body are the scientists who had found the Onidorei and were researching. Others of us were workers and pilots and security upon that station. We had no wish to inhabit this being, but there was an anomally in space and we were pulled into this body from our own, and there we have remained for millenia."

We paused, giving them time to take the information in as slowly as mortals did.

"Now, we cannot gain your trust further than words, something we know from long ago that can not be gained so easily. We are imprisoned in this shell, for this shell was the Onidorei's containment while we researched it. It is bound by several cables that restrain it by it's crainium and allowed us to input and take out information. These are the tethers that bond us now."

[ 04-21-2005 08:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Onidorei ]

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 04-21-2005 08:48 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
During the exchange between Terrin and the strange pod, Panthar looked at the bottle of green liquid next to him, and wondered if that was why his head felt strange. He shrugged, picked it up, and drank heavily. He put the bottle back down and looked around, letting his tongue feel around his mouth to make sure his teeth were still in it.

He notices Phalomir lying on the floor, leaning against the wall. His eyes were wide open, his chest raised and lowered slightly, but he was otherwise still. Shayla was crouched beside him. Jharmeen was… well, hmm, where was Jharmeen? Did her and Phal have another tiff? She she run off and Phal took up with Shayla? Whoa, heavy.

Galen and Terrin were over by the controls, and Matt, Erik, and Jasyn were standing around looking bewildered. Good, he wasn’t the only one who was confused. He shook his head to try to clear it, struggled again for consciousness, then began the long road to standing. He spoke as he did so.

“Allright… so you’re a bunsch of people trapped inshide a— a thing. Whadya want with ush?”

He managed to stand, then stagger, then right himself. He smiled weakly at the pod and took another drink. His head flopped to the side to regard Terrin.

“And, um, whosh gonna land the ship?” he asked. “And where’sh the Stupor Shtar Destruy—Destrey-- where’sh the blockade?

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 04-21-2005 10:01 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Oh kriffing hell, the blockade!" Terrin spat, turning to look at their personal view of space...

...and no ships.

He frowned. "Did we come out of hyperspace before we reached the system?" he queried, "Or have we managed to somehow get past them? Galen, you're the expert...

...and by the way, if we already covered it, I missed it...

...but is the Sith belt on? Unless, of course, we are going with Plan A. He turned and regarded Onidorei. "Were you created by the Empire?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 04-21-2005 10:06 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"The Empire? I'm afraid we are unawares if we were created by the empire or not. We found the Onidorei on a planet within a few lightyears of where the station was, burried in a ruin." We spoke plainly.

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 04-21-2005 10:12 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“You found it?” asked Panthar, returning his gaze to the pod. “Near here? And it shucked you all into it? Well, sheesh, what’s to shtop you from shucking all of ush in there, too?”

He turned back to Terrin, took a few steps in his direction, and spoke in a loud whisper.

“Don’t tell him, but I don’t like thish.”

[ 04-21-2005 10:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 04-21-2005 10:15 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"If you did not notice, we are quite capable of hearing you while aided by this pod. It's part of it's safty measures." We murmured at the slur-speeched horned being.

"The thing that keeps you from being "sucked in" is the fact that we are not connected to you electronically in any way, nor is there an anomaly occuring, the nature of which we doubt will ever occur again. It was a sort of ripple in reality as we know it."

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-22-2005 01:13 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had heard enough.

"Fine!" I snapped irritably as I stomped over to the space the weird pod was occupying. It lay there in quiet mockery of the good a bacta tank is supposed to portray.

I crossed my arms.

"Seems to me that we are relatively safe from any approach you might make against us then," I commented, not really caring at the moment if this... thing knew I was aware of that little fact or not.

I glared at it, despising it for what it was.

To think, being locked up with other minds in a biomechanical construct for uncounted years....

I replaced a rising shudder with rising anger.

"Look, friends; I'm sorry for you guys and your brush with anomalies and all, but really, it's not high on our list of priorities at the moment."

I shot a look to Terrin, who only flashed me a quick smile before returning to his former, determined front.

"What concerns me is the loss of my sister, the fact that the father of one of our members is really the goony that I thought, and the fact that we've gotten to our destination and now need to make planet--"

I turned abruptly to Terrin, heading back to the controls and taking my seat there even as I spoke to him.

"I have no idea why we have managed to give the blockade an apparent slip; I do know that the field generated by this belt was barely large enough to take in a little Sith fighter. I really doubt it could cloak us effectively; maybe they're not stopping in-coming traffic?"

I touched a sigil-board in a peculiar manner, letting my fingers dance a fugue there. The forward screens flipped to aft, the port and starboard, and finally up and down.

Yup-- there they were, way off in the distance, lurking like the vultures they were...

...and behind us:

Myriad ships, all linked with tractor beams.

Now I couldn't repress the shudder that raised in response to the realization that we had indeed come out of hyperspace between the blockade and our target planet of K'eel Doba.

Now that wasn't something that happened everyday!

So why weren't we being hailed by the blockade? That's what I wanted to know...

"Maybe they're busy with something else," I muttered, not really believing it, but not wanting to hang around until they woke up. The fugue segued into a tarantella as I input a series of commands into the ship's computer. Lights blinked, relays clattered and clicked, and the view on the screen was promptly replaced with one of the planet.

It grew noticeably larger even as I watched.

"We're coming in, guys; better strap in."

The ship seemed to hear me, gave a little bump as it hit a small thermocline within the pausal layer we were passing through, then began to descend in earnest. Control was yanked from me like a rancor yanks it's prey; the ground approached with astounding speed, and I could swear I could hear the howl of the wind against our hull.

Suddenly, below us then, there hove into view the wonderful image of Ch'arlingua.

Sheesh, I never thought I'd be so happy to come back here....

"Brace yourselves, we're coming in hot and heavy!"

But the wonderful technology of the Sith proved to be at levels far beyond other sentients, even more than four millennia in the past. The ship fell to earth like a propelled rock...

...where, inertia and gravity be damned, it settled abruptly with the touch of a feather kissing the earth.

I sat there a moment, a little surprised at this.

"Wow," I murmured, then unhooked myself and powered down the ship. I was about to blithely open the hatch when unseen speakers popped into life.

"State your name and your planet of origin," came the command in Sith.

I frowned, then turned to the others and repeated what had been said.

"Anyone for a reply?" I quipped, pursing my lips then as yet another lizard-monkey wrench appeared to be tossed into our works.

[ 04-22-2005 01:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 04-22-2005 01:36 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Tell ‘em we’re an envoy from the Dark Lord of the Armorers, or somethin’,” quipped Panthar. “Which I guess is true…. Even though he’s out like a light. Maybe we need some medical attenshion, too. Either way, we need to find Elmer.”

Panthar stood again, grinning. “Hey, you want me talk to ‘em?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-22-2005 02:01 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I frowned, not only with distaste at Panthar's rapidly advancing state of intoxication, but at the inherent impossibility of his suggestion.

"I don't think that would work," I began, cutting my look to Matt. He snapped to, moved quickly to Panthar and removed the green bottle from his possession.

Panthar's sap-happy grin turned into a grimace of annoyance; he was about to say something, undoubtedly as ridiculous as before, when I looked at his statement from another angle.

"They don't seem to recognize this ship as being Sith," I opened with, chewing on my cheek as I pondered further.

"We do need a Sith to reply if we are going to attempt anything along the lines of Panthar's suggestion, and at the moment he's the only Sith we've got..."

I trailed, then cut a frown toward the shell-shocked Phalomir. That big wuss still stood unmoving, oblivious to us or the predicament we were in.

What a time to lose the Big Guy--

Then I brightened.

"Hey, maybe we can lip-synch something? Or Panthar, do you think you can manage to scrounge up the slighest modicum of seriousness, if it indeed does exist within you?

"I don't think our Sith warrior friends are going to go for a comedy routine."

Unless it turns out to be more along the lines of a comedy of errors, something which I'm sure they would be only too happy to exploit.

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 04-22-2005 02:10 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Serious…” Panthar said. “Sure, I can do serious… what planet did we come from? Oh, right, Korrishian.”

Panthar worked his jaw up and down several times, then licked his lips.

“Korris’ian,” he said, concentrating. “Yeah, I think I can do it. How’s this?”

He spoke slowly and clearly. “We are a special envoy with the new Dark Lord of Armorers, visiting K’eel Doba at special request of the Dark Lady of Warriors.”

He looked to Galen for approval.

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05