my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Not Lost, Yet Not Found (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Not Lost, Yet Not Found
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-31-2004 01:10 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Coming in from and continuing on K'eel Doba, the following splinters from the Catch as Catch Can thread in the "Sith/Jedi" forums, thank you.))

Silently the blade lay, on the stone floor of one of the caves of K'eel Doba, not far from the planet's capital city. It was a beautiul blade, of an ancient and far superior craftsmanship. The sword seemed to shine with an alluring aura, seemed to invite, indeed, to plea to be held. Though voiceless, the blade seemed to whisper promises of power and glory to whomever next grasped its hilt.

The allure of this blade was perhaps the focal point of the first stages of the plan that was forming in the mind of Ragorian, the ancient sorcerer who's spirit dwealt within the sword.

Too long have I remained idle, too long have I watched in the shadows, he thought determinedly to himself. Too long have I been absent from my people. It is time, well past time, for me to rejoin them. To rejoin the Sith!

With these words, Ragorian focused his mind, shutting out the sensations of the cave around him, shut off his link to the young Rykounagin, shut everything else off, and focused on this, the crucial first step of his plan.

Concentrating on the magickal powers that he had been honing for centuries, the ancient sorcerer began broadcasting these powers in invisible waves from the vessel that contained his spirit. The waves streteched across the stretch of land, across K'eel Doba, sweeping over the capital city several times before fading.

The purpose of these waves was simply to intrigue the beings of the city, to let them feel the magick and know there was some sort of power residing out in the wilds of K'eel Doba. Ragorian figured that whomever was in charge of the city in Graysith's absense (if indeed she was gone, as the information he had garnered from Rykounagin stated), would send some sort of Sith patrol to investigate the waves. Ragorian knew, or hoped that he would be able to hoodwink at least one of the Sith into grasping the blade, and therefore becoming his new host, the essential beginning of his new plan. But the enitire plot hinged on the Sith feeling these waves, feeling their power, and being puzzles enough to investigate. Ragorian continued broadcasting for many many minutes, before his powers waned for a time and, tiring, he settled back to wait.

Come, he thought desperately, his thought echoing in the own silent chambers of his mind.

Come to me.

[ 08-31-2004 05:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.164.93.47
Axis

Member # 526

posted 08-31-2004 04:56 PM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
T’elion de R’Lous, the spirit inhabiting the device known as the Finger of R’Lous, mused patiently as the device itself hovered in mid-air under the power of the Dark Lady.

“She will return to me,” the spirit thought. “Already I feel her growing closer, and she, the One, will have already once again felt drawn to me. Yes, dear lady, I await you. I need you as you need me.”

A wave of strange power wafted through the atmosphere, almost as a beckoning of some sort. T’elion tried to follow it, but it disappeared too quickly.

“There is something here,” he thought. “Something strange, old, and… not quite sane. What was it?”

His thoughts were interrupted by another wave of energy, followed by another, and another. Wave after wave now pulsed through the air, and T’elion grew more and more wary with each burst. A strange sense of familiarity came with those bursts, and T’elion thought back through the ages of his inhabiting this device. All of those with which he tried to bond, all of those who had died in failure.

But, no, this memory was of a different sort. This was not the lost echo of a failed host, this was the beckoning call of another spirit. A spirit thought lost, defeated… Yes, T’elion now recalled. A time when he was wielded by a captain of the Sith Warrior Clan, strong though he was the captain had no magick and was of little use. But he stayed, as if compelled by the gods. Then during a raid upon a sect of Sorcerers, he felt a power so strong he felt initially compelled to bond with it. But the power was not right, not in line with his purpose. T’elion’s dilemma was quickly ended, however, as the warriors stormed the cave and put and end to the sect forever.

But this was the power. Yes, this was it…

The spirit’s attention turned to the guard near the door of the great hall. The guard’s fidgets gave clue that he, too, had felt this energy. T’elion concentrated on the guard’s thoughts, his desires, and sent waves of need towards him.

“Feel me… want me… the Dark Lady needs me, and you are the only means to save her… take me to this energy, she must be protected…. Take me…. ”

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 165.206.168.36
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 08-31-2004 05:36 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He had been standing with his fellow, guarding entry into the Grand Dining Hall for quite some time now. All was dim and quiet, the servants and courtisans having long ago departed for the night, leaving the huge chamber quite empty save for flickering shadows and echoes out of time. The rank to which this particular warrior had ascended was fully displayed by the fact that during the entirety of the Dark Lady's brief audience, and her increasingly lengthy absence, he hadn't moved so much as a muscle but had stood at alert attention. Those unflinching muscles gleamed in the light of nearby wall sconces as well as from the fire in the huge fireplace, giving mute testimony to the time he had spent working and practicing with sword and spear and other means by which warriors do what they do. That he had been chosen by his captain to hold the post that he did was an honor, one bestowed not only upon him but his family as well, and he would die before he let down those who had placed their trust and faith in his loyalties and physical capability.

But now... something strange seemed to be happening.

It wasn't anything he could place a finger upon. In fact, if truth were to be known, it wasn't anything that he really was consciously aware of. But from somewhere, somewhere very far away, something old and evil and very, very patient seemed to be trying to slide insidiously into his being.

He broke his rigid posture by the doorway, swaying the tiniest fraction. Beads of sweat sprang upon his brow, increasing until they could no longer withstand gravity's force and began trickling slowly down his face. His hands tightened of their own accord upon his pike, and quite suddenly it seemed that he couldn't breathe.

He slid his eyes to his companion. That worthy seemed to be having some sort of difficulty of his own, judging by the wetness gleaming on his face.

He wasn't too surprised to see eyes staring sideways right back into his own.

But he was surprised when his fellow guard suddenly whirled upon him, his own pike held threateningly, and charged.

No matter. His own pike lowered instinctively as the other rushed him; without uttering a sound he waited until the very last moment then stepped a bit back and to the left, thrusting low and ripping high as he did so.

He smiled darkly, not understanding truly why this horrendous action was so deeply satisfying, and pushed the pike more deeply into the dying flesh of his fellow. As the ripped and bleeding body struck the floor he released the pike, uncaring to the fact that its presence would telegraph who had killed the warrior.

It was the why that would be unknown, and the thought of approaching intrigue made him smile.

He looked at the body at his feet, then, uncaring, turned away. His footsteps were sure and steady as he went straight to the fireplace. There his brilliant sky blue eyes focused on the floating image of the Finger of R'lous, which hovered where the Dark Lady had left it.

His hand didn't even tremble as he reached out and grasped the hilt. It felt warm and powerful and very, very good as he literally plucked it from thin air and pulled it to him....

[ 08-31-2004 05:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.253.7
Axis

Member # 526

posted 09-01-2004 03:01 AM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Need, hunger, quest for power; that is what I give them. Interesting that this race consistently turns to violence to achieve this. Perhaps this is the difference, this is why I am drawn to the One, the Lady. Yet, there is something… satisfying…

“Yes,” T’elion sent to the warrior. “The Dark Lady will be proud indeed. You are honored, brave one, to carry the Finger of R’Lous. You now bear her glory, her honor, and with it shall make your own name. You shall see much, achieve greatness, and be heralded above all others in the eyes of the Dark Lords. Tell me, great one, what name shall be celebrated to the heavens and hailed to the far corners of the universe? Who carries T’elion e R’Lous?”

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 65.103.180.182
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 09-01-2004 03:18 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The guard straightened pridefully as the words oiled into his being. It didn't strike him as incongruous at all that this was happening; in fact, it seemed the most logical thing in the world to be standing over his slain fellow, the words of another coming into him at just above unconscious level.

"I am Xax'andaar," he thought back, not quite aware that he was actually in conversation with... something.

Smiling, he held the finger up and gazed upon the jewels it bore, which were gleaming and glistening like drops of blood upon its hilt.

[ 09-01-2004 03:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 65.103.180.182
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-02-2004 02:16 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After waiting for a time in the cave, resting himself and gathering his strength, Ragorian decided to attempt his efforts once more. While not one Sith had yet come, Ragorian knew they would have at least felt the waves, and he assumed they would be naturally curious. If they weren't intrigued yet, it was time to give them notice once more.

As he allowed the waves of magic to flow out of him and cross the city, Ragorian this time allowed them to carry a bit of extra magick, a kind of "power sonar" he had created that would send a new wave resonating back towards him if it incountered another powerful being in the city, or on the planet, for that matter. Or at least Ragorian hoped.

After a surprisingly short wait, a wave did come back to him. As he absorbed it, it imparted to him a "feeling" of sorts of the power it had found. Ragorian soon observed that the power did not come from the Lady Graysith.

So she is gone from the planet, he mused to himself. Very interesting...

But although that had answered one of his questions, another one arose.

If that was not the Lady Graysith...then who was it? it was unmistakably powerful...and also, unmistakably Sith.

After a moment of pondering, Ragorian released another wave, this one specifically targeted towards this powerful entity. He meant to entice it, bring it to him, and, hopefully, ensnare it. Or at least one of its subordinates. A power like that, mixed with his own, would do him good. Perhaps it would even be enough to revive him...

Putting his hopeful thoughts aside, Ragorian waited, albeit impatiently, for his chance ot arrive.

[ 09-02-2004 02:18 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.164.93.241
Axis

Member # 526

posted 09-02-2004 03:02 AM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Come,” sent the Spirit, “let us begin the legend of Xax'andaar, first amongst the Warriors. Take me to—“

The Spirit, T’elion, was cut short by the feel of another wave. This one was different, charged with some sort of energy…

Sith magick, T’elion mused. He allowed the direct magick to flow into him, siphoning it into the Finger of R’Lous and allowing the device to capture that magick. The rest of the wave passed harmlessly around. The odd magick, that reflective bit of curiosity, would not be returned to the sender. Whatever energy the sender would feel returned would not be that of T'elion or the Finger, but of some other being.

Ah, it is good to be wanted, dear Sorcerer, but mine is not the energy you will feel returned. There is another here, one whom you would be wise to not touch without invitation. I will let it pass, but SHE will not.

He returned his attention to the warrior.

“-- take me to the source of these waves. Use this bit of magick to guide you. But do well to keep others from knowing your intentions, do not allow their jealousy to delay us. Quickly, to the west!”

[ 09-02-2004 03:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Axis ]

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 65.103.180.182
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 09-02-2004 04:58 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: ShaRhylla emerges from the shadows after far too lengthy a time, coming in from Point of No Return in the Jedi/Sith forums, thank you.))

Much time had passed since the night when ShaRhylla felt the passing of Entaris' being from her body, time in which she had gradually come to terms with who she really was, not who someone else would have had her be.

It took months for the nightmares to lessen, which they did in quantity, never degree. The nights in which she would jerk frantically from slumber, pearly claws grasping and rending sheets wet with sweat, grew farther and farther apart. Yet each one of those nights was just as vivid in her memories, just as horrendous.

And, although it was deeply repressed within the very core of her being, just as welcomed and longed for as ever it had been during her time with Entaris in the Darker Realms.

The majority of her nights, though, were the same as any other, quiet and filled with refreshing sleep, and her days were filled with lessons of being Sith and heiress to entitlement. Of learning how to read the language, how to fight in hand-to-hand combat, how to wield sword and knife and staff. How to command servants, how to treat the courtisans.

How to be the Dark Lady of Warriors, which as the daughter of Lord Roan and Lady Graysith, she indeed would be one day.

Upon occasion her sister Darra would join her, but never stayed long. She was fully human, something ShaRhylla found instinctively repulsive for some reason. Mother must have adopted her, she would often tell herself, and Darra too for that matter; never once did she really bother to address the fact that Mother was indeed human herself.

Mother was, after all.... Mother.

And so time passed. Those within the great temple did their best to teach the fiery young adolescent what she needed to learn, and she in turn tried her best to do what was expected of her.

Even though deep in her heart she longed for something... more.

It is said that all things come at length to those who wait, and she was no exception. It really was no surprise to her heart of hearts when one evening as she lay lounging in her chambers, hunting voracious creatures in the dancing flames of the fireplace, that something with the heart of said creatures but a far surpassing intelligence whinged softly into her being, a great and gentle and overwhelming flow of pure magicks.

She leapt to her feet, every cell instantly alert. Innate magicks of her own took hold; from her father she had inherited the magick of the Sith, and from her mother the power of the All. She didn't even have to think, but immediately grasped hold of the flowing wave, holding it closely to her being for inner scrutiny.

It seemed to roil and writhe and flower and bloom and beckon in a manner more seductive than she had ever known, even more seductive than had been her dear Dark Heart.

Her lip curled, exposing a delicate and razor sharp fang. Holding the wave to her heart she threw back her head and simply basked in the moment of it.

Then she let fly with a great returning burst of her own.

"I know you...."

The recognition, of course, was not a conscious one at all, but on a level buried deep within her psyche. Moving gracefully to her balcony then, she laid her hands against the balustrade and leaned out into the coolness of the night.

I know you....

[ 09-02-2004 05:04 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.103.180.182
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-04-2004 06:23 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It came quite unexpectedly, flowing over and into ragorian's mind, nay, his very spirit. A wave of returned magicks...and something more. Quickly embracing and encompassing the wave, Ragorian felt the essence of the entity who had sent it.

There was the familiar glow of Sith magicks that he knew so well, but mixed in with it was a different power, something alien to him. Something he had felt once before...in the presence, he now remembered, of the Lady Graysith. But this magick aura was definitely not hers.

Suddenly, a voice echoed in the chambers of Ragorian's spirit. A voice he had never before heard spoke to him, whispering its message that had been carried along with the wave.

"I know you...", it said

For Ragorian, the whispered message brought only confusion. He had never heard this voice before in his life. How could he know this...person? But then, as the wave enveloped him completely, he too felt the subconcious recognicion, familiarity with a spirit not unlike his own. Savoring the feeling, he paused a moment in silent repose.

Soon enough, he allowed the moment to pass, quickly gethering another wave, one hinting at powers unmatched, a wave seductive and calling, composed using all his whiles and the persuasive magicks of the blade. Within moments the wave was released, focused solely on the being who had called to him before. To that one the wave went, to that one it would deliver its silent, beckoning message as it washed over and enveloped whoever had called to him this night.

"Come to me," the message said, and the desire ran itself through and around the corridors of Ragorian's mind even after the wave had departed and began searching for its appointed target.

Come...come to me...come...

[ 09-04-2004 06:25 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.228.12.97
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 09-10-2004 07:48 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Salandaar stood rigid with anger, the light from the dying flames in the hearth casting deep shadows across his face. At his feet, the body of the Sith guard lay in an even darker shadow of his own pooling blood.

The blatant absence of his fellow spoke the obvious.

What had possessed him? He was one to be trusted, always had been as long as he had known him; now circumstantial evidence pointed to the probability that the loyal Xax'andaar had turned traitor, killed his fellow, taken the Finger, and run.

But the ominous question running in dark undercurrent was... why?

Salandaar turned in disgust, putting aside for the moment all thought of what the Dark Lady might do if she returned to discover the Finger still missing. Withholding the fact that it had been absconded with to begin with was something her Second simply would not not consider; however, the shame he felt that this had indeed happened while he was in charge would be cleanly washed away if he could catch the perpetrator and return the item to its proper owner.

He strode to a nearby gong, struck it a mighty blow. The sharply musical note bounded forth into the echoing corridors of the Temple, leaping from wall to floor to ceiling to wall again as it traversed in ever increasing timbre.

Moments later, he was confronted by two of his Captains. A quick glance was all they needed to understand the dilemma at hand.

Salandaar said little. He moved not.

"Find it, and he who took it."

The others bowed and whirled, barking orders to alert their own squadrons, crying out into those corridors that something was amiss, that the warriors were to assemble with their tuk'ata.

Throughout the Temple the cry went out, warriors grabbed weaponry and armor, while the rudely awakened servants and other minions could only shrink into themselves, shuddering, in reply.

[ 09-10-2004 07:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.100.200
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 09-10-2004 08:02 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She paused by the tiny, hidden stone door, one hand holding it open the merest slice. All had been deathly still as she had run on tiptoed feet through the back corridors and quiet passageways of this temple, oftentimes following a route that might very well have not been used for years.

Thousands of them, in fact.

Veiled within the depths of a silken and flowing cloak, one enveloping her in the color of the forest's canopy at sunset, she had gone unnoticed, not quite following, perhaps in some manner actually hunting, but in either case responding to a call so deep and subliminal she really wasn't quite aware of it lurking in her soul.

And so it was she had run through the entirety of the temple and had at last come upon this tiny back door, where she stood in sudden alertness. For although she couldn't actually hear anything other than the beating of her own heart, somehow she knew there was something amiss within the cold stone walls of the Temple of the Warriors.

Cocking her head, she listened with every cell of her being... and then smiled.

Good. No one knows I am no longer in my chambers.

Not even bothering to wonder why, she pushed the little door open, slid through it, and gradually found her way down to street level. All was quiet, although now she could definitely hear the faintly ringing cries as behind her the warriors awoke to unexpected duty.

No matter.

Holding her cloak more tightly about herself, she melted into the night, flitting through street and side street, until finally coming to the edge of the great city of Phrinn'chatka.

The starfield glittered in her eyes as she set out across the surrounding countryside, heading away from greenery and field and meadow, and going gradually upslope to where all slowly transformed into rock and scree.

Coming to a talus slope, she began scrabbling uphill, knowing instinctively that the thing calling so subliminally to her lay somewhere beyond its apex.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.200
Axis

Member # 526

posted 09-10-2004 09:02 PM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
T’elion, the Spirit within the Finger, traveled hidden within the garments of the warrior, who deftly made his way through the halls of the Temple and into the dark streets. The warrior had not noticed if any of his fellows had noticed his departure, nor did he care. Fed by the magick the Finger had channeled, the warrior was able to feel the echoes of the strange power and began to follow it to its source.

Xax'andaar padded through the market and past the Grand Library, now reopened, though lightless in the night hours. He paid no mind to the bows and respectful nods from the nocturnal citizens who paused as he strode past, and he intently pursued the trail of power left in the wind like a tuk’ata locked on the scent of prey.

As cobblestone gave way to brick tiles, which in turn gave way to dirt, T’elion could begin to sense the spirit at the source of the power. The warrior moved into a wooded area at the base of a vast slope, away from prying eyes, and removed the Finger from its hiding place. The jewels glowed a brilliant red.

“Ah,” sent T’elion. “Fresh air indeed. What we seek lies beyond the hills, into the caves. You have done well, great Xax'andaar. Songs will be written of this night. Now go, and meet your destiny. Follow the trail!”

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 165.206.168.32
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-10-2004 11:39 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Laying anxiously in wait, Ragorian extended his senses, much as they were, out to the limits of their reach, sruggling to find and detect any sort of response to his call.

Some time later, unexpectedly, his efforts were rewarded. One of Ragorian's honed abilites was his one to "smell," as it were, powerful spirits, souls ripe with magick or power of some sort. To his amazement, Ragorian felt one of these coming his way. As he strove outwards with his abilities, he also felt, in addition to this powerful spirit, the soul, unmistakably, of a Sith coming closer as well.

An attendant to this first one, perhaps? he mused.

It seemed the logical explanation. Something, however, made him think not. It was nothing he could put his finger on, but something was...different...about this Sith's aura. Something else was with the Sith.

Euphoric at these results, Ragorian sent another wave out of the cave, then another, then another. Not sure who he directed them at, perhaps both in particular, the waves carried his desire to be found towards the entities who approached him.

Yes! they seemed to shout, their desire almost palpable.

Yes! Come! Quickly! Come and find me!

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.228.150.168
Axis

Member # 526

posted 09-16-2004 02:37 AM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
At the top of the hill, the warrior paused at the entrance to a cave. T’elion could feel the energy wave outward from the cave, and smiled inwardly at the brashness of this wizard.

“This one wants to be found,” the spirit sent to the warrior. “So we shall allow it. You shall be protected as long as you are true to me, great warrior, for if he finds you then this wizard will try desperately to woo you with his lies. But you are beyond his influence, trust in my guidance and soon you shall be rewarded with the greatness you so deserve. Another approaches, it is she who shall decide the fate of this wizard, and if she chooses correctly then my quest is one step closer to fulfillment.”

The spirit could now sense the power from the daughter of the Dark One.

“She approaches, conceal yourself.”

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 10-19-2004 03:28 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Frustration and anxiety mounted after each passing moment that Ragorian waited. He could sense one of the responders to his call, the Sith with the strange...aura, right outside his cave. Why did he not come in? Was he waiting for the other, perhaps, the one that had called to Ragorian earlier?

Not able to bear silence any longer, Ragorian focused his mind, reaching out, attempting to speak with one, with either of the ones who were so close to him.

I am here! he called out, lacing his words with everty ounce of his seductive, compelling, beckoning aura. You have found me. Please, come and free me. Please...

[ 10-19-2004 03:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.102.177
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-19-2004 11:37 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Xax'andaar nodded in reply and gripped the Finger of R'lous more tightly. It seemed to warm in his hand, sending cascading waves of energy up his arm.

Tucking it under his hunting cloak then, he melted backward into the embrace of a vertical fault, and waited in silence to see who was coming.

All the while the entreaty coming from the cave beat loudly and seductively in his ears, difficult to keep at bay.

He gripped the Finger more tightly yet, and struggled to keep from leaping out from hiding and entering the cave directly.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 65.101.171.87
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-19-2004 11:46 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The words slammed into her being with the force of a tsunami, appearing nowhere but quite solidly turning something subliminal into something almost palpably tangible. She stopped in mid-climb, her pearly claws digging reflexively into the soft sedimentary layer over which she had been making her careful way, and jerked her face to the sky.

Ahead was only darkness... and from that darkness that voice seemed to beg for her to hurry.

She swayed a bit, something deeply buried and even more deeply dark rising to meet this challenge, while that newer portion of her being, that reflecting the humanity she had inherited from her mother augmented by what she had learned since coming back to K'eel Doba, shied away like a nervous colt.

Who is this? Why does he call out to me... or indeed, why have I received this call?

Was it meant for me, or--?

That particular line of query was nipped in the bud as her other half, that dictated by the Sith blood running in her veins, blood she had gotten from her father, rose to squelch it.

I fear nothing and no one! I am ShaRhylla, the Heir Apparent to the Warriors, and daughter of Dark Lord Roan! I answer to no one; all, rather, answer to me!

Her eyes narrowed to slits then and she smiled, continuing upward with the agility and grace of a cat. At length she stood at the entrance to the cave; a moment's hesitation and she tossed her head imperiously and strode inside about fifteen feet.

"I am here," she announced in a light whisper, and fell silent.

[ 10-19-2004 11:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.101.171.87
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 10-26-2004 03:27 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Allowing his senses to envelop the being who had recently entered his cave, Ragorian was overwhelmed with delight...and puzzlement.

Although it seemed to him that he had been brought a powerful ally indeed by...her, for it was a her, scent, something about that scent was different. As far as Ragorian could make out, the female was Sith...mostly Sith. Curiously, Ragorian also seemed to feel the scent of a human mingled among the Sith. An odd combination indeed. But certainly more interesting than that was the scent of her power. Sith magick he could sense, that was certain, but she also seemed to possess something more. A power that he had not sensed since being in the presence of the Lady Graysith. Most interesting indeed.

Sending forth a desperate, snaking tendril of his own spirit and magick, Ragorian called to her mind softly, beckoningly, but wordlessly, for he could not actually speak with one who did not grasp the hilt of the sword, save for a few choice words that rapidly sapped his mind's energy.

At the same time Ragorian directed a slight amount of his magickal energies into his vessel, the sword, making the beautiful, wonderously-crafted blade glow faintly, edged with a deep red light that cut through the darkness of the cave and cast shadows on the newcomers face. He also took a moment to activate and strengthen the alluring spell of the sword, that which made it seem to call out to any nearby, to beg to be weilded, and promise immeasurable power and glory to that who did weild it so.

Now he could only hope his coaxing becokoning would entice the newcomer to take up, or at least touch, the sword...

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.54.77
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-26-2004 04:57 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was all the Sith warrior could do to remain hidden where he was. The whisper of whatever it was coming forth from the cave was so seductive, so compelling, so strangely enticing that he couldn't help himself.

The scrape of his foot against rock sounded loudly in his ears as he took an involuntary step forward, gripping the Finger of R'lous and holding it to himself like a shield. He stopped at the sound his own foot made, and waited, holding his breath, cursing himself for moving as he had in disobedience to that which had instructed him to stay.

[ 10-26-2004 04:58 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-26-2004 05:07 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She remained standing where she was, letting her eyesight adapt to what feeble light the cave managed to hold within itself. And when her eyes finally dilated to their fullest extent...

She gasped at the wondrous sight in front of her. There limned in red, was a sword, a sword of great beauty, of wondrous temper, a sword so obviously strong that it could only be fit for a ruler, for a king...

Or for a queen.

That human portion of her unique duality let out a frightened little cry when that realization arose, and shrank back.

No no no! What blade speaks? It is bewitched; turn now, depart from this place, go back to the Temple and find Salandaar...!

Her Sith blood only scoffed, and pushed that small attempt at reason and sanity into the furthest recesses of her mind.

"Fit for a queen..." she breathed, cocking her head to the side, her nostrils flaring and her eyes widening even more in the dimness of the cave.

Then she strode forward and simply took up the blade. It fit in her small hand as if it had been made to her personal specifications.

It was then that she heard the noise; gripping the blade, she whirled, sensing out with the innate All she had been born with, reaching out with what Sith magicks she had learned, seeking to find with every sense and talent available to her just who was lurking behind her in the night.

For indeed, someone was.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.101.171.87
Axis

Member # 526

posted 10-26-2004 05:15 AM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“NOW!” screamed T’elion inside the warrior’s mind. “Rend her flesh, take what is yours! This is your moment of glory, TAKE IT!”

Blinding fury, rage, and desire were fed like a sudden eruption into the warrior. T’elion pushed harder and harder, for in the mind of the warrior there could only be one outcome, and after the glorious taste of bloodshed he alone would stand holding both the Finger of R’lous and the mighty blade! The courage of the warrior grew intensely, spurred on by the waves of confidence T’elion gave the warrior…

But that was all T’elion gave the warrior.

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 65.101.171.87
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-26-2004 07:38 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A searing curtain the color of blood dripped down to fill Xax'andaar's vision, clouding before him any image other than the one of the young female who had just entered the cave. It mattered not that he recognized her as the daughter of his Dark Lady; all that was of importance was the fact that she was indeed inside the cave...

What was one so young and fair doing lurking about in such a place at this time of night? Up to no good, probably meeting with some other dark one to plot and scheme against my Lady; well not while I have arm to raise and weapon to bring to bear!

The honor of my Lady and that of the Sith and my family and myself shall be protected at all costs!

He let forth a great howling cry, that of the warrior leaping to the call, and drawing his sword leapt likewise into the cave.

"Traitor!" he hissed between his fangs as ShaRhylla whirled to meet him, her head cocked a bit to one side as if she was seeking something of her own, a gleaming blade of her own held in her small hand.

Then he sprang upon her.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.113.141
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-26-2004 07:49 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Oh, really--?"

ShaRhylla's lips curled in a derisive smile as the howling warrior appeared from seeming nowhere to leap upon her, murder in his heart, glistening blade in his hand.

But she was not the daughter of Lord Roan for nothing; far from losing her composure in the face of this unexpected attack, she met it head on.

She had only the time to tense, ready to spring in either direction, judging the warriors trajectory with a careful eye, before he was centimeters from impact.

Only then did she neatly sidestep from him, the blade in her hand singing its wondrous song, filling her ears and the cave with those musical notes, filling her heart with a promise of power.

Power now used as easily as that of plucking a flower from a grassy meadow.

She came in low and fast. The momentum she put into the blow turned her in a complete circle, but when she finally halted, once again facing the direction from whence the raging warrior had sprung, it was to face only thin air.

He was laying on the rocky, stone-strewn floor of the cave in two pieces, the light fading from his eyes as his blood poured from what was left of his body. In his loosened hand, something gleamed a beckoning red.

ShaRhylla approached to wipe the offending blood from her blade. Her eye caught the glow; she bent over a bit, curious, and nudged that something with the tip of her blade.

"Now, what strangeness is this?" she asked of no one in particular, and fell silent.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.113.141
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-26-2004 10:32 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ho fellows, here!"

The Sith Lieutenant made a quick movement with the hand by which he held his straining tuk'ata, looping the thick leather leash yet another time about his hand. His other held his pike aloft, pointing toward the top of a rocky incline perhaps fifty meters ahead of him.

"Up there, the trail leads there!" he called, waiting a moment afterward to be certain his cry had been heard by the others. At length warriors and their beasts began coming to him out of the night, responding immediately to his call, relieved that their own fruitless side-quests were over.

Now the trail left by the traitor was a certainty.

The tuk'ata yowled and raged, pulling and tugging against their masters, their great rending claws ripping huge rents into the thin soil at their feet, not having to penetrate far until they met with solid rock. Their garbled cries grew even more heated, more urgent, more blood-thirsty.

The Lieutenant smiled.

"Release them, and follow," he ordered, then standing aside to let the ensuing rush of beasts go by. That smile never faltered but grew even more grim, more certain of itself as, raising his pike aloft, he uttered another cry and began leading the warriors up the incline that their tuk'ata were now traversing in ever-increasing leaps.

He squinted as he marched along: there, near the apex, was a dark little blotch.

A cave.

More than likely it is where the traitor has taken shelter, a pitiful enough attempt at evasion indeed.

Keeping his pace steady, envisioning what that traitor would look like once the tuk'ata were through with him, he continued leading his men upward in the beasts' wake.

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 10-27-2004 02:51 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So quickly it was, the moment she grasped the hilt, that Ragorian had no time to respond. And suddenly, wonderously, she had picked him up, and his silence was ended. Slight tendrils reached out to caress her mind oh-so softly, to learn the identity of this one, his new weilder.

What he learned surprised him.

The daughter of the Lady Graysith was she, hers and...a Sith. Dark Lord Roan was the name given to him by her mind. He had called to him the Dark Lady's own daughter! Before he could speak to her, however, suddenly she was moving, as was he. Looking through her eyes as well as feeling the motion of the sword, Ragorian felt the perfect harmony, witnessed the moment of shared euphoria when she...he...they cut down the unexpected opponent, Sit hwarrior though he may be. Never had he been so weilded! Excitement kindled the dormant fires of Ragorian's spirit as he felt the power coursing through her, coursing through them.

Yes! he sang out in her mind. Well done indeed!

Calming his tone, he continued. Well done, and well met, ShaRhylla, Daughter of Graysith.

And pausing, he waited for her reply.

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.97.1

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05