my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Not Lost, Yet Not Found (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Not Lost, Yet Not Found
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 01-23-2005 11:43 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So unexpected her movement, her words, and the resulting product that appeared, a portal to the dreaded Elsness, that Ragorian, still finishing his reply to Rykounagin, had absolutely no time to react. Before he could do anything, say anything, tap into any of his powers or resources, it was too late. He sensed ShaRhylla's arm move, his sword leaving her hand, and he knew where it led. Directly into that portal, that hated dimension.

Emotions flared in him, and time seemed to slow to a crawl as the blade soared toward the portal. Fear, surprise, sadness al lrose up in him, accompanied by an emotion that he had not felt in a long time: rage. The long-forgotten purest form of anger filled him at this sudden fate, this unjust imprisionment, no, simple discardation of the very entirety of his being as though it were a simple tool or possession, a toy that one quarreling child wanted anothern not to have. And, as the blade, an him with it, crossed over the portal to that hated Elseness, the closest thing to Hell that he had ever known, this rage lept out of him in a sudden burst.

In the minds of all those present, whether ShaRhylla, Rykounagin, or any Sith throughout the entire temple, it sounded as though a voice in their mind was loosing some sort of primal scream of fury. This was accompanied by a flash like an explosion in thieir mind, akin to the explosion of a thermal detonater in their thoughts, as Ragorian's rage instinctively released a large amount of powerful magick in primal retaliation, and many Sith upon hearing it were sticken to unconciousness at this sudden assault, ShaRhylla, the Axis, and Rykounagin at its heart

But even as the faded, the portal closed, the blade gone into the other realm, Ragorian's voice still echoed, in ShaRhylla's mind, one word only, that repeated along their corridors before fading into the darkness of her own thoughts.

"Why?"

[ 01-23-2005 11:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.54.149
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-24-2005 05:43 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin's heart felt cold, and all the power he had prepared to combat her, deflated from him in one silent breath. "You are right."

He said, turning from her furious stance before him, turning too the door that still stood sealed.

"You may keep him. He is no longer an ally upon which I can rely. But have I really ever had any?" He asked, his self questioning thoughts escaping in the last sentance.

"I will leave you and your city, for I can see whereever I go, I am not welcome. I am a traitor to my clan, to my mentor. I am already failing in my father's eyes. Is there anyone who can see me, or accept me for who I am and what I have done?"

He looked back at ShaRhylla. "You have marked me the Betrayer, but once I am gone, maybe you will realize I am the betrayed. Just a human who lives in a society of sith, where none will ever trust him. Maybe some day, you will find pity in your heart for me. But then again, we all love weakness. It is weakness that we love, and that is what makes it beautiful."

He paused, a hand against the door. "But in that way, you will never see yourself beautiful will you?"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-25-2005 07:07 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A short bark of laughter burst from ShaRhylla's lips.

"Beauty is irrelevant!" she finally retorted, lowering her hands a bit but keeping them ready should her talents be necessary. She lifted her chin and stared down her nose at Rykounagin, who yet stood paused in mid-step.

"What is relevant is the fact that weakness does indeed exist, and is apparently before me now."

A self-satisfied grin curled her lips.

"I have no use for weakness; only the strong survive!"

Yet even as she spoke the words, she couldn't help but flick her eyes off to one side, quickly, just once. Though the tone of her voice was firm and unyielding, there seemed to be just the slightest touch of uncertainty in her bearing.

A little shiver cascaded through her, one she didn't feel, wasn't aware of, and for another brief moment her eyes turned inward, seeming to seek something, something buried deeply within her, something that was entwined about her very being more tightly than a lover's arms.

Something that didn't bear understanding.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-25-2005 08:58 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin, as he pushed the doors forwards to open them spoke. "But I am still alive...." His voice was sad, the first time it had been since the time his parents had died, since he had been left memory-less in the wastes of this ancient planet.

He walked from the doorway, between long ranks of sith who watched him, their faces showing scorn for him, and even more for his branding.

They only see me as I am branded. As I am branded. Is that what I am, cattle too the massess, a slave and coward in their eyes to walk away?

He sighed inwardly, his thoughts sad upon the past and what his future could hold as he exited the cities center and walked through the various levels of the city towards the outskirts.

I will have failed twice. My mentality and being are not capable of completing this mission for my father. I will tell him of my failure, of the breaking of my vow. Perhaps I mgith redeem myself for I do believe I have found his true meaning.

But will that be enough? He wondered. If it is not, what would he think of me. Incapable of completing a task set by him, taking longer than seemingly possible to understand his words. Would he cast me out as a failure as all the others have?

No, I'm not a failure. The other's fail to see the truth of my words, my every action. They are the failures.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-25-2005 09:06 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The soft sound of doors closing brought the young halfling to the sudden realization that she was alone. She blinked, staring at the spot where Rykounagin had stood, and for just the tiniest of moments allowed herself to wonder if perhaps, just perhaps, her actions had been a touch on the hasty side.

Then she snorted, drawing herself erect.

Nonsense! she thought to herself as she went back to the sideboard. She came upon it, found a jewel encrusted silver platter, heaped a veritable mountain of foodstuffs upon it and returned to the table. There she seated herself regally, only halfway listening to the echoing scrape as she drew her chair up close.

The echo died away, along with her appetite.

All she could do was just sit there and stare into her plate, not even aware when M'wonBo'o, sensing her inner distress, clicked quietly up to her to twine his face tendrils tenderly about her waist.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-25-2005 09:17 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin slowly exited the city, walking up into the hills outside of the city towards his ship. As he came to the last hill before the city would disappear, he turned too look at it. Have I left without formality? A closing?

He stood for a long moment, then reached into the folds of his clothing, drawing a fine powder. He whispered a few words too it, his runes glowing, then began to speak a message too it.

"ShaRylla, with all respect, I leave your city in no way hostile. Though I sense your mistreatment may have been a hasty judgement, I will let it by. Take my words in no way as a threat or command, but I seek peace. A peace I hope to find in the near future. I would ask, that if you are to find the stih who I came here seeking, that you would deliver him alive too my father. As a note, I leave Ragorian too your judgement and keeping, as for the Finger, beware of it's tricks, for it has lured me too a near permanant fate. I am leaving your world now back to my father, and hope that the next time I return, will be under the right conditions. With all due respect of the nobility of the Warriors, Rykounagin, son of sorcerers."

He flicked his hand forwards, and the powder floated into the wind, swiftly lost from sight on it's way to her. "Should I be gone before the day, or await a possible response. I must think of what to tell my father, for he should be most displeased with my failure."

He continued walking, and went to his ship, laying down upon a small cot in the back of the ship. "Rest, for otherwise, the weary will take action and words he will regret. The ninteenth code." He recited, before sealing the ship, to doesed into a light sleep.

[ 01-25-2005 10:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

Axis

Member # 526

posted 01-25-2005 09:26 PM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wandering child, came a soft voice in her mind. All have left you, thrown to the winds or cast away in weakness. All who remain are the loyal and the strong. I have waited, dear lady, to speak with you.

The calming glow from the jewels around the channeller cast a soft light around ShaRhylla’s waist. M'wonBo'o stopped as the glow caught his attention.

I am T’elion de R’lous, Spirit of the Sith

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 65.103.180.175
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-25-2005 09:38 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla jumped a little, taken unaware so lost in her inner self had she so unknowingly been. At first she thought it was her own mind playing tricks on her; clearing her throat, she began to straighten in her seat, fighting embarrassment. But M'wonBo'o's questioning rumble proved to her that the words were not of her own making; blinking, she followed the tuk'ata's gaze to the ornate device yet hanging on her belt.

The rich red jewels upon were softly yet brilliantly aglow with inner fire, pulsing as though to the rhythm of an unheard heartbeat.

She blinked again before pushing away from the table, and then quietly gained her feet and stood unmoving, just staring down at the Finger of R'lous.

"Who?" she whispered, cocking her head then as the old familiarity of rampant self-confidence rushed over her again, chasing away whatever trepidation or distress she might have been harboring.

"I know you not-- Rykounagin! Is this you, playing yet more tricks upon the Daughter of Lord Roan?!"

Now she shot an annoyed glance about, let it carry her from the spot where she had been standing and over to the double doors. Reaching out with both arms, she flung them imperiously open.

Without: two Captains of the Guards; beyond them, a squad of the elite, all positioned to guard her.

"Is something wrong, Mistress ShaRhylla?" one Captain deigned to ask, but only after falling to one knee in front of her.

She merely snorted, and slammed the doors closed. Then she whirled and leaned back against them, now reaching out to gingerly remove the Finger from her belt. She held it up in front of her eyes, studying it carefully.

"Who are you?" she whispered softly, so that none outside the Dining Hall could overhear.

[ 01-25-2005 09:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-25-2005 09:56 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dreams. The most peculiar things. Chaos and order in perfect alignment, where dreams and horrors come in a single moment.

Rykounagin was no friend to his dreams, for unlike the common dream, his dreams had always been nightmares. Torturous horrors of his past had always visited him, recently nightmares about Elseness and betrayal attacking his mind more than any other kind.

But now, he found himself alone. "No, not alone." A voice came. "You are never alone brother." The voice said.

"Brother? Sa'kal!" His rage grew as he spoke. "No, take comfort in our presence. We are always with you, always know that. We are no traitors to you, we are your greatst friends. Know that well, and we will always be there to help you."

Rykounagin felt himself smile, but then frown. "But you'll just betray me as all the others have. How long will it take the remainder, my father will see me as a failure, then I will be alone." He said to the voices.

"No, we are always here." They said. They? Was there one voice, or two? More than that possibly? Rykounagin could not tell as the dream deepend, and for once, as the voices slipped away, his dreams were clear.

--------------------

Axis

Member # 526

posted 01-25-2005 10:04 PM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I am T’elion, eternal Spirit of the Strength of the Sith. Master, yet servant of one who would master. I am no parlor trick from a mere sorcerer trapped within a blade, dear lady. You hold before you the strength of your race.

The jewels pulsated softly, a welcome, warming glow.

I was held in the hands of the greatest of Warriors, searching through the ages for the one strong enough. With my aid, the great ones accomplished even greater things. But over time, dear lady, the Sith have forgotten me. It is time to renew our acquaintanceship, and only through the strongest may this be done. It was I who sought you, Daughter of Roan. You show a promise of great strength.

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 65.103.180.175
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-25-2005 10:26 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla couldn't help but smile at this. Her lids fell, slitting; like a flame-coated cat she looked at the device through her lashes, fairly purring.

"An intelligent one, this I can see," she offered; then:

"So you have sought me, that together we might achieve great ends? How very interesting...."

Even as she finished the statement she couldn't help but compare this unseen spirit to the white-headed youth who had so recently produced such ill-will within her.

It is a shame he could not stand up to me, she thought self-indulgently; then she broke off that train of thought completely and waited to hear what the Spirit within her hands would say to her next.

[ 01-25-2005 10:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Axis

Member # 526

posted 01-25-2005 10:42 PM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I am no plaything to wield with abandon. The ends you achieve are only as great as your own strength, dear lady, and there is more, much more, than the strength of body. I am not interested in power, or making my place in the annals of the Dark Lords, or other such folly of the mortal. If that is what you truly wish, dear lady, then your life shall fulfill itself accordingly. You have that strength. But what I seek from you goes further.

The pulsing lights slowed, dimming slightly.

I have hopes for you, but there is much to overcome within you before your true strength can be harnessed. I have experienced countless disappointments, dear lady, I do not call out lightly. I have high hopes you prove to be as strong as your potential.

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-25-2005 10:56 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
One word shone out within the flattering soliloquy, one word which ShaRhylla now pounced upon.

"Harnessed?" she retorted, gripping the Finger more tightly, her hand trembling with mounting effrontery.

"No one harnesses me; I am no draught animal, to be lackey to any other than myself!"

As she flung the words out, her rising rage was softened just the slightest as from nowhere in particular a soft tickling whickered at her ear. It was the lightest touch, like the down of a feather, or the powdery caress of silken dust.

As if from a great distance, Rykounagin's near-apology wafted into her being.

She blinked in surprise, then snorted again, turning her focus back to the device in her hands.

[ 01-25-2005 10:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-25-2005 11:02 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin suddenly awoke, his void seeming to burst into the colors of the ship. He sighed, then looked too the window of the ship, seeing the plains.

"I can't go back. I haven't completed my task. I have to finish it, or do something equal to it's level of power. I will wage a private war, and in this, prove that I am no weakling."

He got up, and went to a storage locker in the ship, and began preparing himself for an assault on the city. I cannot fail in this task alone, I will succeed, or I will die in the attempt. I will go to ShaRhylla, and by Myrinas-Cobridos, she will see the light.

He exited his ship minutes later, fully equiped as an assassin of his calling. "For the death or glory, I shall prevail. This is a private war, then once this is complete, I will find this sith I was sent to bring, or burn me, I will die trying in that as well."

--------------------

Axis

Member # 526

posted 01-25-2005 11:30 PM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A lackey to yourself? That is one of the many weaknesses you shall conquer. I do not harness, I channel and amplify the strength of the one who wields this device. Do not cast me as a mere manipulator, a coward who cannot fend for himself, a user of others. You are the one who shall harness, you shall find your own strengths and, through me, channel and hone them. You are unique, dear lady. You have the heart, the power, the ambition of both your father and your mother. Yet you also possess their brash vanity, their quick temper. As I said, there are many more powers to command than the strength of body, and through me, you shall master them all.

I do not require a commitment, dear lady, let us merely become acquainted. I have all the time in the universe.

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-25-2005 11:39 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Very well," ShaRhylla grudgingly conceded, letting her ruffled feathers smooth. Altering her grip upon the Finger from one of possession to one of support, she carried it over to her abandoned meal. She stopped there beside her chair, scrutinizing the channeler, holding it one way and another, allowing herself to delight for the moment in the simple beauty of it as the reflected light from the nearby fireplace danced along its length.

Then she set it down upon the table, surprisingly carefully, and regained her seat. For a moment thoughts of this strange revelation paled beneath the suddenly vivid colors of the foods, the exquisite aromas wafting from her plate, the deep and rich velvety depths of her brandy.

She fell on the food like a starving beast, wolfing it down without thought of decorum or delicacy; finishing what she had before her she returned to the sideboard, refilled her plate and goblet, and ravished that as well.

At length she fell back in her seat, replete. Taking a more genteel sip of the Sith brandy, she finally spoke to T'elion.

"So, my dear Spirit, tell me of yourself. And ask what you will of me; this is of accordance, is it not, if we are to become, as you said, acquaintances?"

[ 01-26-2005 04:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-26-2005 03:55 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin moved from the ship at a quick pace, accellerating as he approached the city again, hiding himself with a silent flickering of his magicks as he came to the outer walls. Such obsticals I shall find, are many in number, but small in challenge.

He reached out to touch the walls, faint runes in his fingertips flashing quietly as he felt his fingers attach to the wall.

He began a quick accent of the wall, almost to the top, then stopped, pausing to listen above him. Footsteps, few but heavy. Obviously sith, perhaps.... seven?

He wondered, then came up to peek over the edge of the wall and glimpse. Eight on this section, I haven't done this in a while. He crawled over the wall's side, then crouched, pressing himself against the side of the wall.

He waited for one of the many guards to pass, then moved too the otherside of the narrow walkway to drop down onto the other side of the wall, making a small cloud in the dirt below.

He removed his hidding magicks, then moved along to the boulevard that lead up to the palace. Enter once as a friend, again as a prisoner, then return with the furies of the swordwind.

He began trotting up the boulevard, his Black Lotus held in his hand as he proceeded upwards along it towards the palaces outer walls.

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-26-2005 04:23 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Captain of the Outer Ranks paced restlessly along the ramparts where he and his squad stood in guard of this section of the Temple of the Warriors of the Sith. Although there was nothing to be seen, other than the recent disgraceful slinking off of Rykounagin--

Dog of an Assassin! the Captain snorted to himself a third time, for he well knew the meaning of the markings tattooed upon Rykounagin's flesh.

--there was something in the air that he just could not put his finger upon. Perhaps it was merely the fact that a Cult Assassin had indeed been brought to the Temple... only to be freely let go, albeit branded, by the young ShaRhylla.

Now, there is folly, he couldn't help thinking to himself.

One so young, and inexperienced, to be left in charge; it is a blessing from the gods that Salaandar watches over affairs from the shadows, else--

His musings were cut short by a slight movement caught in his peripheral vision. His eyes cut to the spot of their own accord, then narrowed in something approaching self-satisfaction. For while there was no one to be seen below, a tell-tale puff of dirt bespoke the hidden truth:

From the manner in which that puff ringed upward from the ground in the shape of a donut, the Captain could easily deduce that it had originated from a central spot, one just about the correct size for a pair of feet to inhabit.

He squinted his eyes further, just to make certain. Yes, that was it; he hadn't risen to the rank he held simply because he knew how to wield a sword or spear. The youngest warrior in their lot could easily do that; a supervisory position was awarded to those with cunning, who could read subtle signals and signs. And it was cunnning borne of years of experience that he now brought into play.

He knew of the Cult Assassins; he knew of their abilities.

He also knew one had recently been degraded and flung from the temple like a dog flings aside an old and worried bone.

A wave of a hand, and a messenger lad materialized by his side.

“Quick, lad; to the Mistress! Inform her that the dog who has been sent out of Phrinnchatka sneaks back, no doubt in an attempt to assassinate her. Run now, lad, run!”

He watched as the lad nodded, bowed, then took off and soon disappeared into the temple. Secure in the knowledge that his message would reach the young Daughter of the Dark Lady, he turned to his men.

“Pass word, guard every doorway well, every window, every rampart and bulwark. This one is not to be taken lightly!”

Word spread like wildfire, and the warrior guards doubled and redoubled their ranks and efforts,. Soon the temple bristled with their poised weapons, even as the messenger was bursting hurriedly into the Dining Hall…

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-26-2005 04:36 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla had just taken another sip of her brandy, and had set it down in preparation of asking yet another idle question of T'elion when the doors to the Dining Hall burst open. A young Sith lad was spit out through them, to come to an immediate halt on his knees just inside the door, his head bowed, his arms crossed over his chest.

"A thousand pardons, Mistress!" he groveled, trembling with the effort to keep his voice steady through his panting exhalations.

"But danger in the form of treachery approaches!"

Heartened by the fact that he had yet to be stricken down, he raised his head and dared a quick glance at the halfling. She merely sat where she was, a mingled look of surprise and growing annoyance marring her perfect features. Quickly then, he told her what his Captain had ordered him tell, as well as what the warriors were doing to ward off the impending attack.

ShaRhylla continued staring at him when he finished and resumed his posture before her. She cut a glance to the Finger of R'lous which lay on the table near her plate, then returned that look to the Sith lad.

"Your message is duly noted; you may inform the Captain that he has done well, and to be wary."

A single wave of her hand and the messenger was dismissed. ShaRhylla waited until the doors were securely closed, then picked up the channeler once again.

It felt warm and welcoming in her hands.

"You have understood this, have you not, T'elion?" she questioned aloud, albeit in a voice as quiet as the whisper of a dove. She then drew the device closer, laying it against her cheek.

"The Betrayer returns in stealth; tell me of this power not of the body of which you speak...."

--------------------

Axis

Member # 526

posted 01-26-2005 04:39 PM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There are many, dear lady, but let us speak of one in particular. Magick may be collected, and channeled back against the user by one who does not possess such ability. Let him try his attempts against you, when he is near I shall pluck his magick from him and give you the pleasure of dealing it back to him. If you so desire, you may feed to me a bit of your own powers, and see the results. This is but a taste of what our acquaintanceship may bring.

[ 01-26-2005 04:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Axis ]

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-26-2005 04:48 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin proceeded up the boulevard. That should have alerted them to my presense enough. He thought, taking a few more steps before he suddenly darted off of it into the bowls of the city, making his away at an awkward angle towards the palace.

He could hear distant calls of the guards, and smiled. A trial by fire it shall be then. I won't take a stealthy approach, I'll go directly. But no warrior shall cry for alerts.

He shadowed himself again as he came to the Palace and looked up at the monolithic structure. "I'll find you Sha'Rhylla." He murmured. "We'll find you."

He looked down, focusing again, not realizing he had spoke a second time as he moved towards the palace, knowing they wouldn't realize he was there until he made himself noticable. The walls I'll avoid. The inner chambers, I will accomplish with honor.

He scaled the wall, but this time held. There were many more guards then before, and he knew they were expecting him. He smirked, and began to employ another magick, then peeked over the wall to look at a sith standing directly before him.

He looked the sith in the eyes, and knew the sith could see him. Quickly he pressed the magick forwards too keep the sith from calling out, then, waiting a moment before asuring himself the sith was in his thralls, he reached out, and gently pushed the sith backwards off the wall.

He quickly pulled back and moved along the outside of the wall as footsteps and cries of warning came, moving towards the fallen sith. An excellent distraction. A voice whispered in his mind as he pulled himself over the wall where some of the guard had gone to investigate the fallen sith.

He shrugged away his cloaking, then dropped into the inner courtyards of the palace, and began a sprint towards the main doors, smiling at the recognition the sith gave him as he approached, bringing a lesser, more mundane blade to his second hand.

Meet the swordwind proud sith, and die with it's breath.

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-26-2005 04:56 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Distant cries of alarm broke into the sultry silence being shared between the halfling and the Spirit of the Sith; something coming from a place deep within her soul, someplace dark and wicked and rife with repressed memories of who she so recently had been and what she had so recently done, rose up in red-eyed expectation of what was yet to come.

She caressed the Finger of R'lous like a lover, holding it up to her cheek before her head turned and she bestowed a long kiss upon it.

"Gladly, dear companion," she whispered; then without thinking much of it she willingly channeled some of her own All strengths into the device.

Her smile grew even darker, more sultry, and she fairly purred with anticipation.

"He shall pay hundredfold for every Sith he has murdered in making his way here, that much we can promise, can we not my friend?"

[ 01-26-2005 04:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Axis

Member # 526

posted 01-26-2005 05:02 PM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Indeed, my dear lady.

T’elion relished in the gift of the All, and held the power within the device in anticipation. While not able to channel the All itself, the device had the ability to combine it with Sith magick and deliver a powerful energy to the wielder.

All that remained was for the appearance of a sorcerer. One that T’elion could feel aproaching…

Indeed.

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-26-2005 05:05 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin realized as soon as he engaged the sith, that he might have overestimated his hand. He immediately was pushed back a few feet as the sith's attacks hit hard against his own small blades, causing him to reshift his tactics.

He knew he couldn't fight forever, the wall guards would come for him shortly. He smiled at the protection of his magicks and armor as a sith spear lifted him into the air to toss him a short distance.

"Tougher than I thought, most definately a challenge." He groaned, picking himself up. "I might as well end this fast." He grunted, raising a hand to wash one of the forerunning sith in a light flame, then to quickly dodge aside and begin his defense again.

Occassionally he'd calculate the odds of his being struck, and would dark in to stab one of them in some non-lethal point, designed to disable them as he did so. He finally realized as a loud storming sound began to approach, he had run out of time to fight these sith, and turned towards the palace, to charge to the doors, burning them in his charge too weaken the structure, then dug his feet into the base of the wood he had burned, and began to scale the wall quickly towards one of the many hundreds of windows above him.

I wont be turned away.

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-26-2005 06:53 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As she waited for Rykounagin's arrival, another thought crossed ShaRhylla's mind. Still holding the Finger of R'lous up to her face, she laid her lips against the cool jewels of it and whispered.

"What of this Ragorian, he who occupies the sword I have put away for momentary safe-keeping? What of that? This would-be assassin is certainly enthralled with the blade; what think you, dear T'elion?

"Shall I retrieve it from hiding, to wield against the dog, or shall I keep it in hiding there, or--"

She paused a moment longer, her eyes darkening with dark glee.

"Shall I just go destroy it altogether?"

A smile curled her lips, which then pursed into a pout.

"Even though it would be a shame to destroy such a beautiful weapon...."

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05