my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Catch as Catch Can (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Catch as Catch Can
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-13-2004 04:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Graysith, Phalomir, RyKounagin, the spirits of Terrin Danner, Thoran, and Axis, as well as our intrepid scientist Rhua Ki, all enter here from Behind the Black River in the "Jedi/Sith forums, thank you.))

Lost within the other-dimension of the Darker Realms, the Chosen Daughter of the Sith regarded a shimmering band of...

something other.

It was a rift, a portal leading from that horrid place of non-existence and back to the real universe. It shimmered before her, promising warmth and light and life to anyone who would only step through...

But not to this place, she thought to herself, eyeing hints of objects and people denoting exactly where it was that portal led.

She smiled as she faced it, then made an unconscious movement with her hand. The rift darkened, rippled, froze… and then resumed its earlier shimmering aspect. She cast a glance into it, smiling to see the familiar outlines of the bridge of the trapped Sith warship.

“First we shall have a little talk,” she said, then with no further ado waved a commanding hand toward the rift. She did not speak again but stood in that formal pose until all of the party had stepped through. Then she quickly followed, closing the Portal into the Darker Realms with a snap as she stepped out onto the bridge.

“And now, my fine young man, you shall tell me who you are and how you have come to us, and why,” she commanded, turning to the young lad and gesturing that all follow her as she proceeded to lead the party from the bridge to a ready room where they could speak.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.198
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-13-2004 10:19 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin's early amusement had melted away to a cool deathly calm as he stepped through the portal, now taking in his surroundings swiftly. Noting everything around him. She presumes to much, but as I cannot remember, perhaps it is.... No, I will leave that for another time. Rykounagin thought, as he began to reply.

"As you already know, I am named Rykounagin, I have come to you through the bidding of, other sources." Said Rykounagin, ceasing in his visual scan of the bridge and now looking straight at Graysith.

"I have come to you for some of my own reasons, those of which I would like to keep to myself for the time, but as a friend and allie. Though you state that I carry the spirit of this person, I cannot be sure you are correct. However, if you are, then I would willingly aid you in communicating with this person. However, in the meantime, I offer you this hand of alliance and friendship." Rykounagin said, extending a dark gloved hand, lined with peculiar runes....

[ 06-12-2004 10:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.203.119
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-13-2004 10:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith extended a cool and graceful hand in turn, offering it in calm silence to the black-gloved one before her...

...but paused as a flash of insistent warmth erupted at her thigh. For an awkward moment she remained as she was, then smoothly withdrew her hand and folded it into the sleeve of her robe, never once coming into actual physical contact with this enigmatic young man.

"The words you speak are not answer to my question, other than that they give a name to an otherwise stranger. I say, greetings to you, Rykounagin, bearer of Danner."

She paused again, cocking her head a bit to one side as she peered directly into the young man's turquoise eyes. A ripple ran up and down her spine--

How similar is this one to my Dark Heart!

--that she quickly squelched. What was, was. What had happened, had done so. That Darth Wicked was slowly degrading into the chaotic realm of madness, that he had betrayed her and flung her away like a discarded bone... was history.

Fairly recent history, to her current knowledge. Painful. But history.

And if there was one thing she had learned from Wicked, it was how to stand strong. How to let the past roll off one's back, and in doing thus keep a clear head for whatever the future might promise.

She cast a glance to Phalomir, then back to Rykounagin.

"Danner is indeed within you, for we-- for I have placed it within. He is... necessary to us in our... quest."

She paused again, wondering to herself why she had spoken thus, then shrugged mentally. It was of no concern to this one as to why they had taken Terrin's spirit with them as they had Thoran's; all he needed to understand was the fact that it did indeed inhabit his body.

As well as the fact that she could speak with it whenever she wished.

She mentioned this last fact to Rykounagin, almost offhandedly, and just before she let a mental link slip out from her, probe into his mind, and make a firm and permanent link with the shade who was once the owner of Eagle Enterprises. Something... black seemed to slide away into another part of the young man's mind, something she couldn't quite catch...

Something somehow dark and purring and...

Oily.

Repressing an involuntary shudder she withdrew from his mind, taking care to keep that link with Terrin firmly implanted, but could not keep under control the protests of the Glyph upon her forehead.

It was blazing there like a tiny sun against the strangeness she had almost touched inside Rykounigan's mind, as if by its sheer presence it could send that blackness reeling back and away, forever.

[ 05-13-2004 10:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.198
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-13-2004 11:05 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Rykounagin felt the probe slip through him, he grasped his forehead and and winced.

"I know see that it is true that you have placed this Danner within me, and I find that is alright if it aids you in your quest, however, Danner may not find it very hospitable against my will. My mind and spirit are not pretty things, as something else already has, a reserved space."

"I know that I have not answered your questions to the fullest as I could, but I cannot tell you now most of it. But I will tell you a few things more. I do not have a homeplanet of which I know of, nor do I truely know of whom I am or my past. However, I do know that I had come to that desolate place upon the bidding of another, one of whom I obey, yet command. I also am not sure quite how I have come here, though I do come bearing gifts for my new friends." Rykounagin said, smiling at them.

Rykounagin reached into a small fold in his tight mesh, bringing out a small, plain black bag.

"I have here for you Rhua Ki, one gram of anti -matter, dont open it, or shake it, if it touches the air or anything, we're all dead. As for phalomir, I didn't know you would be here so I didn't bring anything for you at the moment, I appologise purfusely. For you, my dear lady Graysith, I have this."

He reached into the bag and withdrew a small tablet, etched with runes that looked familiar, similar to those she had seen somewhere, but just escaping her grasp.

"Do not ask me how I came appon this or what it is supposed to mean, for I have no idea, I was merely asked to give it to you. I have no idea how to read it or what it would mean or do in any case, though I do believe it was the sith sorceries that brought me, never mind."

Rykounagin broke off, replacing the bag within the folds, continuing to watch graysith, now with a bland face, revealing nothing of what he might be thinking, only misting over for a moment, seeming to speak inwardly once again.

[ 05-13-2004 11:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.203.119
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-13-2004 11:16 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Beware a gift ronto....

Graysith smiled graciously and blinked her eyes, nodding once as she bowed perfunctorily toward Rykounagin. When she raised up it was with the rune-encrypted tablet in her hand. For a moment she frowned, eyeing it's near-familiarity; then she set it gently upon a nearby table and turned back to the youth.

"I thank you and your... Master for this gift, although what it is and what it means I do not know. That is something, however, I trust will be forthcoming, and in the near future."

Her eyes flashed a quick darkness, then lightened a bit.

"Who is this one who commands and is commanded by you? Why have you been sent to me?"

She quieted then, waiting expectantly while the Claw-bearing hand raised unconsciously to gently caress the glowing end of the Channeler that was blinking like a strobelight on her thrimm.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-13-2004 11:27 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I had been told you would respond this way, however I have been instructed to not tell you. But perhaps, I could tell you or hint..."

Rykounagin's face slipped into momentary thought, his brow furrowed in concentration, then, "He is a most powerful being by the name of, ARGH!"

Rykounagin clasped his face, screaming in agony as though someone had just burned his face beyond recognition. He continued to yell for a few more moments, then his screams of agony melted away into a pained expression.

"He compells me not to tell you, it pains me. I also cannot, but perhaps if I give it no thought, I may be able to... No, I cannot, I will not betray my master until he instructs, however-"

He suddenly crossed from thought into silence, then his eyes yet again misted over in silent communication. He stood there for a few more moments, then his eyes refocused and once again became home to identical Turqoise orbs.

"I am to serve you as a student, disiple, or whatever you wish to call it faithfully until I am instructed to do otherwise. You may ask anything of me as long as it places myself in no mortal danger or reveals my master's identity, and I will answer it truthfully, but until he deems it, I cannot speak any more of that."

Rykounagin now kneeled before Graysith, "I, Rykounagin, pledge my service under honor and loyalty, until I may die, or am bidden to release myself of your service."

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-13-2004 11:47 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes hooded as she communed inwardly with the spirit inhabiting the Finger of R'lous. Then, smiling, she removed the Claw-bearing hand and placed it atop Rykounagin's head. It lay there placidly enough, like a slight bird coming to shivering rest upon a branch...

...save for the Claw itself, which pressed down through hair and flesh and tissue until it struck bone, sending a small rivulet of blood welling up to pour down the back of Rykounagin's neck.

"By the blood which is your life, swear you fealty to me, and me alone? For in doing so you win my protection, and if not..."

Something silver flashed deeply in her eyes, rising up in those depths like a phoenix bursting through flames unholy, finding new life in death and relishing deeply its enjoyment thereof.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-13-2004 11:53 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I have been instructed to follow you and only you, for my master has been weakened by our commune and my transportation to that plane of darkness. He is only my master in name, he truely holds no sway over me, he only holds enough to do what you have just seen, for it is his greatest wish to remain unknown. As I do not know how long it will take him to recover, or if he will be able to communicate with me with this new presence within me, I feel that he will no longer be able to hold dominance over myself again. Though I may answer his call, it would only be after yours, and only yours. So in finality, I pledge myself only to your service, but it is to your will to judge wether this loyalty truely exists. As it does in my own eyes, and heart.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-14-2004 12:14 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Indeed..."

Graysith pressed the Claw a bit more deeply, giving emphasis to that word, underscoring his. Then she withdrew it, raising it up before glittering eyes to regard it solemnly even as with a slight motion of her other hand she summoned the All. It came in quick reply to that call, taking hold of the very platelets and binding agents in Rykounagin's living blood, forcing them into contact with each other and calling upon others for reinforcement.

The edges of the piercing wound came close together, closer yet, and finally touched as accelerated healing progressed. Soon the only thing to show that such an oath of fealty had ever been sworn was the slowly coagulating blood now massed in his hair, and that which yet glistened at the very point of the Claw.

"As do the Sith--" Graysith murmured, not really knowing where the words had come from, not knowing how she knew of this, yet knowing deep in her heart that this was so. With those words she lifted the Claw to her lips and delicately lapped it clean, before suddenly plunging it into her own arm and drawing blood of her own.

She held it in front of Rykounagin, waiting.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-14-2004 12:21 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin had winced, yet had felt pleased that for once in what he remembered, he was free to serve willingly. He removed a glove from his right hand, showing pale skin, with the same symbols as on the gloves lightly traced into his palms.

He stained his hand with the blood from the claw and allowed it to drain over his head, entering the cuts from the claw and run down his face. "I hereby bind myself to you, and those you would deem allies, but mostly to your beck and call."

He lifted his head towards graysith, "I am yours to command."

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-14-2004 12:31 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A fragile moment paused... then passed as something heavy seemed to lift and depart, snarling.

Graysith smiled, and placed her fingers beneath the young man's chin.

"Then rise, and serve not under me... but with us."

Her hand moved away and back, including Phalomir into their midst. Hovering in the background, Rhua Ki tried to become inconspicuous yet still a part of things.

Graysith nodded.

"And now we-- you shall see wonders," she said as with the silent urging of de' R'lous she opened yet another Portal into the Darker Realms, so that they might escape from the chronotic shield Lord Aelvedaar had placed about their ship.

"We may face dangers as we cross through, but if we keep steady and do not tarry we shall reach our goal...

"The Great Temple of the Warriors in the city of Phrinnchatka, on the Sith planet of K'eel Doba, and where it is said that--"

She paused, a shadow flicking across her face.

"Where I live as their Dark Lady."

Gently pulling the young man to his feet, she brushed his blood-matted hair away from his face. Then she turned and entered the portal she had created, stepping out once again into the Darker Realms, not looking behind her but secure in the knowledge that the others were following.

Even the cringing Rhua Ki....

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-14-2004 12:36 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin stood, smiling. "Yes, we shall seek the dangers and wonders together."

"Shall we pass through the gateway of destiny that has brought me to you?"

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-14-2004 01:02 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
True to Graysith's word, they did not tarry in the Darker Realms. No matter that every living -- or non-living -- demon seemed to have been destroyed by that single, overwhelming blast produced by the combination of Sith magicks and the All, stepping into the strange dimensionless of this place of pure evil sent chills crawling up and down Graysith's spine.

She shivered, going into a defensive stance while she waited those few unbearable seconds for the others to enter as well; then with a quick wave of one hand she closed the Portal that none of the strangeness from this realm leak out into her warship. She cocked her head and held her breath, listening...

But no bellow sounded in the distance, no rush of non-air heralded the approach of the once Dark Lord of the Warriors. Apparently this portal had opened into another part of the Darker Realms, one just as noisome and dreary and evil as any other, but one at least not holding the vengeful shadow of Roan.

"Quickly now," she said in a low mutter, aware of how far sound traveled in this place, and opened another portal. Through its shimmering silver she once more gazed, again to see an ornately decorated chamber through which wonderfully clothed, horned and red-skinned beings moved.

"The Sith--" she breathed in awe, before shaking herself to her senses and indicating the portal to the others.

"After you," she said, hanging back in case Roan should appear from nowhere to threaten them, Clawed hand raised in unconscious yet ready defense of all.

[ 05-14-2004 01:05 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-14-2004 01:16 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin shivered at the feel of the dark planes as he entered, quickly making for the more welcoming portal to Graysith's home. He stepped through into the warmth and was immediately releived to feel the warmth of a lighter plane of existance.

He quickly scanned the room to look at what it beheld as the others stepped through.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-14-2004 03:31 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Glyph on Graysith's forehead flared out as she stepped into the Great Temple of the Warriors, its radiance giving physical revelation to the wonder and awe that rushed through her at the sights she beheld. Beneath their feet colored tiles, intricately laid, told the story of Sith history over the 4,000 years they held galactic dominance; the primary story was appended by side passages told in the wondrously woven tapestries hanging upon the walls of the huge chamber they had come in upon. In two directions rose fluted pillar after fluted pillar, each doing its share in bearing the immense weight of this giant edifice; above their heads the ceiling soared away in unguessable heights, lost in shadow and time.

Swiftly pounding footfalls came to a sudden halt; with a start, the Chosen Daughter got hold of herself and turned to see the approach of an aquamarine eyed Sith. He came up to her, joy radiating from his face, and clapping one fist across his chest dropped to one knee, bowing deeply.

"My Lady, it is good to see you have safely returned," he said, not daring to meet her eyes.

Graysith's brows shot to the top of her forehead; with some effort she shoved the surprise from her features and got herself under control once again.

These are the Sith. They have returned. My destiny has been fulfilled; by me? I do not know, I do not remember...

She did, however, remember that she was the Dark Lady to these people. Drawing upon memories of Darth Wicked, she drew herself up to her full height.

"Don't grovel so, it is unbecoming," she snorted, tapping a foot while she waited for the Sith to arise. When he was upright, she beckoned him to attend to the others.

"We would sup and rest; lead us to where we might do so," she ordered. Whether the Sith was surprised at her seeming unfamiliarity, he did not say. He merely bowed, and led them to the Grand Dining Hall. There he quickly ushered them to a private room in the back, scarcely giving her the time to take in the ornate carvings and huge fire place and other grandeur this room was filled with.

Not knowing what else to say, but following something close to a hunch, she ordered a round of brandy for them all. Then she turned to RyKounagin.

"Tell me now, my young apprentice, why it is I of all those within this galaxy that you have been sent to serve."

She held her glass up to him, and took a careful sip of it.

[ 05-14-2004 04:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 05-14-2004 04:11 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After having his soul place within the mind of this strange newcomer rather than in that of Rhua Ki, Terrin found it difficult to at first break free enough to express himself. He hadn't any clue why this was, but at length the link Graysith provided him seemed to bring him to his senses...

...or was that to his host's senses??? Terrin really didn't know. All he knew for the moment was that he was most certainly not where he thought he was going to be...

...so as the brandy was handed out, he utterly ignored them, finally managing to worm his way through and take over his host.

"Kriffing hell!" he blurted, not particularly paying attention to the topic which was at hand before he interrupted, "This person's mind is a mess like he says..."

He trailed then for a moment, frowning a bit to himself. Then he looked to Graysith. "So why am I here instead of in Rhua's mind?" he queried, falling silent then and waiting for Graysith's reply.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.192.57
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-14-2004 04:22 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith blinked, the Glyph flashing, and reared back in response to the unexpected outburst coming from the young man's lips. Then, recognizing who it was who was speaking through those lips, she relaxed and raised her brandy to her own.

"Mr. Danner, I'm afraid you are where you are at the behest of one other than myself."

She set the brandy on the table and leaned back, one hand slipping down to caress the handle of the Finger of R'lous still hanging on her thrimm, casting a quick sidelong glance at the decidedly relieved looking scientist as she did so.

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 05-14-2004 04:29 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Oh," Terrin then muttered, somewhat darkly, "Goodie."

Quieting for a moment at that, he found himself almost at an utter loss as to what to say next, if anything at all, "And why precisely is it your wish that I am inhabiting this body, especially considering he would care little...if at all...for the one and only reason I would dare venture from the grave in this way...

...that being Galen."

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.192.57
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-14-2004 04:34 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"That, Mr. Danner, is something unbeknownst to me as well. But should the one who integrated you with this fine young apprentice decide to enlighten me, then I would do likewise for you."

She picked up her goblet and took a deep draught, letting the rim of heavy silver hide her features that Terrin would not see the expression now dancing upon her face.

Galen....

"Galen," she repeated aloud, pulling the goblet from her lips as she finally regained iron control over herself once more.

"So you were married to her, and you and I held a blood oath...

"Refresh my memory on these things, please."

Her eyes flashed as she took another sip of brandy.

[ 05-14-2004 04:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Axis

Member # 526

posted 05-14-2004 04:49 AM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The chaneler responded to Graysith’s touch in ways reminiscent of a loving pet, almost purring.

“Dear lady,” the voice came to Graysith, “though I do not fully trust this new servant, he has passed the first test: the spirit of Danner dwells still within his body and has not been crushed by the dark presence inside. As so many times in the past, your judgement is sound in the usage of my powers. It was wise to test this one in this manner.”

Another soft wave of warmth moved upward through her arm.

“We shall rebuild your memories, dear lady,” came the soft, soothing voice. “And we shall be closer than ever before.”

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.160.100
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-14-2004 10:30 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes Danner, I can see you are disgruntled by your presence in my mind, however, if you would let me answer her question? I would rather not have you blurting out while I try to explain.? Rykounagin said, regaining his composure from Danner's sudden and unexpected outburst. "Told you it was messed up." Rykounagin thought before returning to the present conversation.

"As best I can guess, for my old master never did tell me, He seems to know you of long ago. I suppose he is returning a favor you may have once done for him, or is merely sending me as an unwitting messanger boy."

Rykounagin was answering to the fullest, but was slightly occupied by an intrigue that had crept into him.
Well it seems Danner can use my voice as well, but this is something I had not known of, not that I know much of these magics. I do wonder. But how is it that Graysith could have acquired so much? I also do wonder what the rest of them are thinking about me? It would be so nice if I could just peer into their minds. But he doubted even Graysith could do that.

[ 05-14-2004 10:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 05-18-2004 12:13 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Fully aware of how easily the presence inside of him could take control without constant blocking, Phalomir finally tucked Thoran neatly away in a guarded area of Phalomir’s mind. He blinked several times and stepped to a spot behind Graysith. He gently laid a hand on her shoulder, and placed his other on her waist.

“It is good to be with you again, my lady,” he said quietly, speaking softly into her ear. “My love is with you always. But I am concerned, there has been a strange turn of events coinciding with our accidental sojourn into the Darkness of the Black River. You seem to lack recognition of some things, which is even more disconcerting with your use of the Finger of R’lous. Not to mention your acceptance of this stranger and his master Argh, so closely on the heels of our encounters with the Master himself. Perhaps we could retire to a more private location to catch each other up on our own personal ordeals?”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-18-2004 12:22 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's hold on her goblet tightened at the familiarity with which this Phalomir was deporting himself. It was indeed all she could do to keep from whirling in her seat and slapping him as hard as she could.

Instead she gritted her teeth a moment before setting the goblet down with a deliberate hand.

"You will kindly remove your hand from my person," she said in a low voice, not wanting the others to hear. At her side the channeler sent forth another blast of warmth; she let her scowl lighten a bit and turned her thoughts inward.

"Yes... it would appear that my memories do need to be rebuilt," she thought to de' R'lous.

"But in the rebuilding thereof, let us make certain those memories are indeed factual ones. Of course, there is a means by which I can make certain of this, you know."

She fell silent again and now turned a smile upon the Kaminoan. That worthy was sitting stone still in his seat, as though by moving but a fraction the antimatter in his possession would ignite, reducing them all into less than the atoms from which they were made. Her smile broadened, then she turned her luminous eyes back to Rykounagin.

"I'm waiting for a reply, Mr. Danner," she said quietly, then reached for her goblet once again.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-18-2004 12:38 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ah before I allow Mr. Danner to answer, I was wondering if I might ask where I am staying? I must say I am tired from today's activities and would like to retire for the moment, if you don't mind. Though Mr.Danner may of course answer you before I go."

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.208.193
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 05-18-2004 01:57 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What the kriffing hell is going on? Why doesn't she remember these things??? I don't like this...

Even as Terrin thought these things, he once more struggled forward in his host's mind until at length he had control.

"The deal was that in return for Galen's safe-keeping from Ankrist Roan, I would assist you in finding your daughter."

Falling silent at that, Terrin simply waited, somehow already knowing that there was another question forthcoming.

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.207.80

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05