my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Catch as Catch Can (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Catch as Catch Can
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 05-24-2004 04:00 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Rykounagin crossed the boundaries of the temple, Ragorian puzzled as to how the Lady had not come upon them yet. Did she not share a bond with this Axis? Could she not sense its presence on this planet? That seemed to be the case, from what Ragorian could feel of the Axis, and he had become very adept at sensing mental bonds between others, having made so very many himself. So why had Graysith not intercepted them. By all means she should have. Unless...the Axis was suppressing the bond, that is.

Once again, Ragorian's interest was piqued by the motives of this spirit inside the Finger of R'lous. It shared a large bond with Graysith that it seemed to want to use, yet when it was stolen away from her, it did not constantly alert her to their presence and location. Was the Axis merely playing a game, or did it truly wish to leave the Diamond of the Sith, and Graysith. Ragorian opted for the latter, although he could not guess if the Axis would even lend him its power if it did allow them to excape Graysith's wrath.

Sensing along his link with the Axis, Ragorian again felt Graysith calling to it. Wether or not it would answer was entirely beyond him. But Ragorian knew Rykounagin's ship was near enough. Soon they would reach it. Now comes the test. Ragorian thought to himself. The Axis' true desires, whatever they may be, will be apparent in a matter of seconds. Both Rykounagin's immediate and my eventual fate hang on its decision.

Ragorian knew Rykounagin could feel his agitation, and did not think he was mistaken in noting a small increase in his apprentice's speed.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.110.132
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-24-2004 04:15 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The approach of quiet footsteps broke Graysith's concentration. Her eyes flew open, and she whirled on the spot, only to find Salandaar now standing respectfully some two meters away.

"My Lady, fifteen squads with hunting tuk'ata are searching the temple and the grounds," he informed her with a bow.

She regarded him, somewhat coldly, before finally answering.

"Increase that number, and go forth into the city itself if you must. That boy must be found; I will return that which is Sith, to the Sith."

Piercing Salandaar with another look, she then closed her eyes and resumed reaching out for the non-responsive spirit. But a part of her she did not wish to examine too closely frowned at her actions, at her choice of words.

I do not know who gave me that-- that thing, came sliding silkily unbidden to her ears.

I do not know fully why I seek it so strongly. It must be due to my dear Sire; all this must be of his device.

He would not let me down....

With a shiver she quieted, forcing down rising trepidation and self-doubt, and continued calling futilely to that which not too long ago had consistently filled her with such a welcomed feeling of warmth and...

Acceptance.

[ 05-24-2004 04:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 05-24-2004 04:25 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had been taken aback by the sudden arrival of a new and strong presence within his host's body, one so strong that he in fact could no longer take control even as much as he struggled to do so...

...not at the present time, anyway. He was vaguely aware of the fact that his host was now running like mad, away from Graysith. Gods knew why he was doing so, and Terrin couldn't say he was altogether thrilled with the way Graysith was sounding at the moment himself...

...but he did not want to be dragged off in this body when the only way to ensure that Galen was safe probably rested behind him. And it was then that Terrin recalled the link she had created with him, one which would allow him to communicate with her at any time.

He prayed it would work now.

What is going on? he thought then, hoping it was registering across the link, Graysith, can you hear me? This guy is possessed by something or someone very strong...

...and I no longer can seem to take control. Please help before this guy runs off with me...

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.192.120
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-24-2004 04:32 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith smiled.

Not even bothering to open her eyes, she called out to the departing Salandaar.

"They are that way," she said, one slender arm rising to point the way.

Acknowledging his returning bow with a slight one of her own, she focused on the sense of rising panic she felt beginning to niggle at the end of the unexpected link that had suddenly revived.

"Patience, Mr. Danner," she purred back along that wavering mental connection.

"We are coming to your aid...."

Her smile broadened, darkened as she folded her hands into the sleeves of her cloak, then she finally opened her eyes to stare off into the direction in which she now was certain her unseen quarry had fled.

[ 05-24-2004 04:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 05-24-2004 04:37 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian had been so preocupied with waiting for a reply from the Axis, that he almost did not notice when yet another voice spoke from within Rykounagin's mind. It was the spirit of Terrin Danner, calling out...to Graysith! Ragorian cursed himself silently, knowing that he had made another mistake, one that could cost him and Rykounagin so very dearly. Immediatly, he blocked Danner's link to Graysith as best he could, but silently knowing it was not enough to stop him. At the same time, he poured as much of his power as he could into Rykounagin's Sith magick cloak, and also into his pumping legs, hurdling the boy like lightning toward his ship.

Now begins the final chase, he thought grimly to himself. Turning to his still-open link with the Axis, Ragorian once again spoke to it.

It would now be an excellent time to aid us if you wish to leave this place, for Graysith knows of us and our position, I would dare to think. I do not think we will escape without your assistance.

[ 05-24-2004 04:38 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.110.132
Axis

Member # 526

posted 05-24-2004 04:40 AM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What was this?

A power, held within this boy. A familiar power, something close… something Sith.

“You have Sith magick within you, boy,” Axis called out softly. “You intrigue me. Stay alive, and we shall meet again on better terms. But do not attempt to force me to your bidding. But how shall you stay alive? Perhaps we may strike a bargain? You shall be captured, but do one small thing for me and you may live. When asked, you say it was Aelvedaar who possessed you.”

Without waiting for a response, Axis re-opened the link fully with Graysith.

“Dear lady,” he called out. “I am here! Quickly!”

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
M'wonBo'o

Defender of Graysith

Member # 52

posted 05-24-2004 04:47 AM     Profile for M'wonBo'o   Author's Homepage   Email M'wonBo'o     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In the night of dark am running, in the scent of life am seeking, while the light in life is failing...

Run I, run I.

He would stop this night of running, he would cease my cries of howling, in my nostrils blood is heating.

Yowl I, yowl I.

There, oh there is one in running, not in seeing he is crying, in the fear of claws is shaking.

Sense I, sense I.

Now I leap on thing in hiding, scent in nostrils blood is letting, now so joyous seek I blooding.

Leap I, leap I.

Nay! Oh nay, my throat is ripping, in my veins the blood is calling, in my heart Her voice is calling....

Stop I, stop I.

There in grass a no-thing flailing, heat of blood so red is calling, now I claw extend in eager...

Reach I...

Reach I.

[ 05-24-2004 04:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by M'wonBo'o ]

--------------------

//Defender of Graysith, against all adversaries//

Posts: 33 | From: Wherever Graysith goeth, I followeth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 05-24-2004 04:51 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian felt a small twinge of fear and regret as he heard the Axis' call to Graysith and its words to Rykounagin. Stretching out to link with it again, Ragorian endeavored to speak with it again.

Well met, Axis. When you sensed Sith magick within Rykounagin, it was me you felt. I am Sith, though not physically, but mentally. I would seek your assistance and power in a task I have been waiting for eons to complete. I see now that I will be required to wait longer for this to be accomplished. But I do hope we can work out a deal eventually.

I do have one question, as you know the Lady better than I. I have met her before, and I believe she would know the mark of my possesion to not be of this Aelvedaar. Do you know of a way that I could disguise or mask my own aura to her, and stop her from noticing it, so that we may meet again and talk. if so, please tell me, before our time runs out.

[ 05-24-2004 04:54 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 05-24-2004 04:54 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It took every ounce of the Captain's quite formidable strength to contain the tuk'ata yowling on the end of its hunting leash. That he had been provided with the very one belonging to the Dark Lady was honor too great to imagine; nothing was going to harm this awesomely beautiful beast if he had anything to say in the matter.

Thus when the animal suddenly lunged forth, reaching out to rend and tear, wild yowls issuing from its throat, he quite literally set his heels into the dirt and hauled back.

M'wonBo'o came to a struggling halt mere inches from...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

The Captain frowned momentarily... then turned his head and raised the alarm.

"Here, my warriors! There is something here!"

I think, he finished to himself as he set himself to the task of further containing the wildly flailing tuk'ata, all the while sweeping the area in front of him with a steady gaze, searching futilely for whatever it was that had set the animal off.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-24-2004 09:59 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin grimmaced. He was already tired from his run, even with the powers of his master propelling him onward. He kneeled towards the ground and froze as the tuk'ata stoped directly before him.

He was sorely tempted to activate the twin golden lightsabres that were shadowed under his bracers. But mayhaps he should listen to the Axis' commands.

After all, they did seek alliance with it, and did need it's powers for his master's needs.Yes, I will listen to your commands, as we do not seek to use you, only to benefit from each other mutually. I will follow your plan, though I hope it is a good one, for otherwise I may find myself at a fate that you will regret placing upon me.

He stood up before the sith and their vile beasts.

"All right, you have me, not by catching me, I'm just tired. Shall you take me back to the temple now? But don't be fooled for a moment, don't delude yourselves that you actually can hold me at this time." He said, raising his arms to his sides at shoulder height.

[ 05-24-2004 11:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.208.193
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 05-25-2004 02:24 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Captain grunted in surprise as words of surrender came to his ears literally out of thin air. Then his widened eyes narrowed, and he tightened his hold on M'wonBo'o's leash, for the great tuk'ata was nearly beside himself trying to slash his way to the warm blood he smelled coursing mere centimeters from him.

"Warriors, heed!" the Captain called as he gave the leash a yank. M'wonBo'o allowed himself to fall back a bit, planting his great paws into the dirt and growling, while his eerie pupilless eyes sought to find that which his nose told him was directly beneath it. He whined anxiously, twitching his face tendrils about as he sought to touch the prey he had helped to corner.

Moments later, the remaining warriors thronged to where the Captain's cry had led them, ringing about him five and six deep, the Captains in that throng straining mightily to hold back their own struggling tuk'ata. The Captain holding M'wonBo'o grinned darkly, nodding in satisfaction.

"There is sorcerery here, fellows," he spoke the obvious. No one bothered to reply aloud but merely nodded in agreement.

The Captain then cried out an order.

"Seek the Dark Lady, and tell her we have... something cornered," he said, now jerking his chin off in the direction from whence they had all come. The young warrior who had been assigned this task nodded once, clapped his hand to his chest in a salute, then dashed off to carry out his orders.

Behind him the ring held firm, and the cries of the tuk'ata resounded in the night.

[ 05-25-2004 02:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-25-2004 09:45 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin frowned inwardly, requesting to his master that he release the cloak of sorcery that inveloped him.

"Do not pride yourselves upon a successful hunt, for it is not for you to congradulate yourselves. You should be thankful that I have given myself to you, for even in my weakened state, none of you would have been any challenge to me. Not to hurt your sith pride." He said.

So tempting it was to activate his golden weapons, so once again see them as they cut through sizzling and cauterizing flesh.
But, in my memory I've never attacked or killed anyone. Could it be from the forgotten past?

He could only wonder as he waited for graysith's inevitable arrival; or would she send the great Phalomir to retrieve him?

[ 05-25-2004 09:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.208.193
Marshall Medan

Member # 536

posted 05-26-2004 12:03 AM     Profile for Marshall Medan   Author's Homepage   Email Marshall Medan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Medan continues from Pirates on the Hunt in the CSWF, thank you.))

The Marshall was in a good mood. His Mystlynx was up, ready, and repaired, he had just rested for a full ten hours, and he was a bit tipsy off of the captains mini-bar. Only one thing tagged on the back of his mind.
What did that guy mean about the feds going after Miss Grace? Is she allright? Does she know had to stay out of sight?
Quit worrying you putz! She's a capable woman!
But what if she isn't?

Medan thought hard for a couple more minutes, and came up with a conclusion. He had to find out about Grace, so he would go down to whatever this planet was that the Captain has taken us to. Scince his MystLynx didn't have the comm-system capable for handling that kind of distance, and he was sure the Captain's cruiser couldn't take it either, it was his only choice.

Walking down the bridge he spotted the Captain. "Captain, I must go down to the planet to, umm.., solve some puzzles that have been naging on me."

"I shouldn't be gone for too long."

[ 05-26-2004 01:31 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Marshall Medan ]

--------------------

`Curiouser and curiouser!'
Alice in Wonderland

Posts: 30 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.40.47.129
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-26-2004 01:55 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Do not pride yourself so, traitorous whelp, when you have no honor within you to base such pride upon."

The words preceded the form of the Chosen Daughter as, quite suddenly, a rent in the fabric of spacetime developed directly between the blustering lad and the faithful Sith warriors and their tuk'ata who ringed him. M'wonBo'o gave a satisfied grumble to see his Mistress appear as with a final lurch he broke free from the Captain holding him and came to her side.

She approached the young Rykounagin, her eyes ablaze.

"What you did was not wise, fool," she spat; then her lip curled in derision as she beheld the object the young man had tried to take from her.

"I do not believe that belongs to you," she said smoothly as with a graceful wave of one hand she let forth a modicum of her talents. The atoms in the air immediately surrounding the Finger gathered up that released energy, becoming hotter and hotter by the nanosecond until at length the device was blazing with incandescent heat.

The lad could no longer hold it; it dropped from his involuntarily loosened fingers.

Graysith, however, was no fool. Her ego still stung from how Rykounagin had nearly escaped with this device; that memory lending others wings, she fell back on every bit of self-preservation taught to her during those long training days she had with Darth Wicked.

She did not touch the Finger, but instead just used her energies to move it up in the air above their heads. There she held it, and turned to her warriors.

"Search him, and thoroughly; then bring him as captive back to the Temple," she commanded, then turned on one foot. Flanked by the protective form of the growling M'wonBo'o, she returned to the Temple to await the arrival of her prisoner, bringing the Finger of R'lous along with her as she went.

--------------------

Marshall Medan

Member # 536

posted 05-26-2004 01:58 AM     Profile for Marshall Medan   Author's Homepage   Email Marshall Medan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Medan hopped into his MystLynx, did a routine system check and waved off the Captain. His now repaired and improved mech handled a bit better than before, and Medan was pleasantly suprised to see that his favorite manuever, the Crazy Ivan, responded without complaint from his jump jets. Plotting a course for the planet, Medan couldn't help but notice the blockade that enshrouded it.

"Everything always has to be difficult with you people, doesn't it?" he sighed and brought down his combat HUD.

The dreadnought's and star destroyer's loomed ahead of him, giving the impression of an impregnable defense. Inputing coordinates on his HUD, Medan thought carefully about his next actions.In all my times I've been wandering the galaxy, I've never been able to legally or without violence get onto a planet that is blockaded by, yes, yours truly, the empire. To put it bluntly I'll need to, like, um... take some things out. A diversion would be nice to. And some explosions.

Getting ahold of himself, Medan drew up some schematics andactivated weapons and shields. Ahead of him was gonna be one heck of a fight.

[ 05-26-2004 01:59 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Marshall Medan ]

--------------------

`Curiouser and curiouser!'
Alice in Wonderland

Posts: 30 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.40.47.129
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 05-26-2004 02:26 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir, stepping from the portal behind the Dark Lady, watched as the Finger grew white hot and was then lifted into the air by the powers of Graysith. He stared at the device, intent upon the dimming metal as it floated above the heads of everyone. Almost everyone, for if he so desired he could walk it, reach out and take it.

But he did not so desire.

But it was strange how Jharmeen had developed such a keen interest in this device, almost a need. Yes, it was he who gave it to her, but that meant nothing to her now. It seemed to have some type of connection with her…

Think, Phalomir, think. He questioned himself. Why did you give it to her? What did the Eye of R’lous show you that prompted that decision?

He thought back to the day in the Temple of the Armorers, the day he faced the spirit of Lord Rean and somehow freed that Lord from his curse, only to take it upon himself. He was given the Finger at that time, but the Eye showed him images of things to come, terrible things brought about by being obsessed with power, self-absorbed in his conquest of the galaxy, focusing on domination and throwing away the ones about whom he most cared…It is the Finger… It is as the Eye warned, she bound herself to the Finger when she used it behind the Black River. Now it is taking its hold upon her.

He walked quickly, joining the Dark Lady on the side opposite her tuk’ata. He now envied the beast, for though Phalomir was just as loyal, just as devoted, just as loving, the Lady had no memory of Phalomir. This thought echoed in his mind and bounced against the strange ball of insanity he now repressed, taken from the mind of the Dark Lady.

“My Lady,” he said quietly. “I have reservations of your use of this device. We do not yet know much of it, except of certain warnings I received at the time I gave it to you. If you recall…” He shut his eyes at the error, but decided to continue anyway. “The Eye warned that I should never use this device, and it was only safe in your hands, but was to be used only in the most dire of times. In light of recent events, perhaps we should ‘put it away’ now? For safekeeping?”

[ 05-26-2004 02:34 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 05-26-2004 02:30 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Captain-in-Command turned to Rykounagin with a dark smile. For a moment he merely raked the young man's form up and down with a derisive glare; then he clapped his hands.

"You heard our Lady!" he cried out in a deep voice. "Search him!"

Howls of jostled tuk'ata rang through the night as four muscular Sith stepped forward. Two took Rykounagin by either arm, one stood directly in front of him, holding back -- just barely -- a snarling tuk'ata, while the fourth began patting down the young man's body. In the process, he removed all the lad's outer clothing, as well as the bracers adorning his wrists.

He stepped back, his arms full of Rykounagin's clothing.

"Very well then, go to your destiny!" The Captain-in-Command let forth a great bark of laughter as he came forward and pushed Rykounagin in the chest, sending him reeling in the arms of the two Sith warriors. They released their hold at precisely the right moment, and joined in the laughter as the momentum of that blow sent the lad sprawling on the ground.

A look from the Captain-in-Command, and they bent down to jerk him to his feet.

Then they proceeded to "escort" their "charge" back to the great Temple of the Warriors, to meet his inevitable, and unenviable, fate.

Axis

Member # 526

posted 05-26-2004 02:32 AM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Oh, the Ghost would like that, wouldn’t he?” came the voice into the Dark Lady’s head. “Has he no gratitude? Who was it who saved his red hide in the Darker Realms? What good was his feeble power there? None! It was you, dear lady, YOU who were able to give me the power to channel back, and only YOU who could use the power to its fullest extent. Why would he want me locked away?

“Why indeed? Is it jealousy? Does he feel left out, now that you are remembering more of your life with me? Yes, the Eye showed him warnings, dear lady, but that is because his kind are hungry for power and are easily corrupted into abusing it. I have been in Sith hands for eons, and in each I was misused. Only with you am I at peace, only with you do I fulfill my purpose. I feel no reservations in granting my power to you, dear lady, for I know you will use it wisely.

“Phalomir is a jealous fool, and though he is a Dark Lord, it is of a lower clan. Pay him no heed, please.”

Posts: 60 | From: The seat of power | Registered: Feb 2004  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-26-2004 02:45 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith came to a halt, seething.

"Perhaps neither of you have clear understanding of what I have said more than once, so pay heed.

"I remember neither of you! I know nothing of you, warrior--"

This to the silent Phalomir.

"--nor much of you, Telion, save your assurances of how we have supposedly spent so much time together."

She paused, her eyes blazing, as she drove a piercing gaze back and forth between the two.

"All I remember is that I have an obligation to my dear Sire, that I had a destiny, apparently fulfilled, that there are tasks undone yet to finish--

"And that both of you task me tremendously with your hints and innuendoes of what we supposedly were to each other! Yet, you--"

She whirled to Phalomir.

"You lag behind, all namby pamby, striving to revive memories you claim we share but by nothing more substantial than words, while you--"

She sent another energy blast up to the hovering Finger of R'lous.

"You, for all your connection to me allowed yourself to be taken from my hand with such ease...

"Considering the power you hold within you!"

She ground to a halt then, too angered to continue for a moment, then finally found voice to finish.

"There is one way that I know of to reveal the truth to me, a path I fully intend to travel upon in the very near future. But first, I have a particular little matter to attend to."

She let some of her anger fuel a rising smile, which crept forth to cover her features in darkness. Then she proceeded onward to the Temple, to await the coming of the prisoner, Rykounagin.

[ 05-26-2004 02:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 05-26-2004 03:13 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin fought for control, feeling suddenly forgotten, knowing somehow that his host was being dragged away to somewhere he would not like to go, especially not while there was still a very important task burning in his heart.

The look in Rykounagin's eyes flashed and shifted to something of pleading; although the young lad continued to struggle the air in his manner changed from one of haughtiness to determination mingled with despair.

"Wait, wait!" Terrin pled. "This is Captain Terrin Danner, the one who has been placed inside this one's mind by Graysith. I beg that you not make my fate the same as this one's...

...please..."

He struggled on even as he waited for whomever would reply...

...and however they might.

[ 05-26-2004 03:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.192.120
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-26-2004 03:19 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin quickly quelled Danner as he spoke, not bothering to convey his message mentally.

"Be silent worm! Do not force me to make your stay more unpleasant that it will be normally if you displease me."

"Your stay within me is only measured by my patience, if you continue to attempt to use my voice, I will do my best to make sure you feel whatever pain that may be betowed upon me just as much as myself!" He said, now focusing upon keeping Danner down.

Also keeping an eye upon his bracers, and making a note to get those back, wether by the possessors willingness, or by force.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-26-2004 03:32 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was not long before Graysith found herself once more striding through the opulent halls of the great Temple of the Warriors. All she passed stopped and bowed briefly to her, paying homage to their Lady; it was all she could do to maintain a properly haughty demeanor and not let show her rising trepidation as to who these people actually were.

I know them not, yet they know me...

A small shudder rippled through her, and she finally found her voice.

"It seems that I am somewhat lacking in memories regarding your people," she said offhandedly to Phalomir. "When I am finished with my current duty, perhaps you will--"

She paused as words came sailing feebly into her mind.

Mr. Danner....

"Have no fear, Mr. Danner," she sent along the dwindling link she held with him.

"You shall not suffer as you do for very long."

With those words she found and entered into the only room she knew of: the Grand Dining Hall. Not knowing where else to go within it, she headed to the gigantic stone fireplace that took up one end. There she placed one hand upon the mantle and waited, staring into the flames dancing there as if seeking advice from their heated energies.

She did not have to wait long.

A growl from M'wonBo'o, the sound of approaching footsteps, the distinctive clap of fists over chests, and she knew that Rykounagin was there. Moments later, a nudge at her side prompted her to look; clawed hands respectfully held forth Rykounagin's clothing toward her.

She stared at the items, letting her gaze dwell on the bracers... then reached out and took a deceptively gentle hold of them. They were strong and cool and sturdy in her hands... and from them there ejected quite suddenly something she found to be...

Interesting.

"Lightsabers," she breathed, holding the pair aloft and scrutinizing them carefully.

"How very, very quaint."

She then ordered the warrior to take them and lock them securely away. He bowed and left, taking the items with him.

As for the Finger... it continued to hover in the air, seeming to stare down at her as she now turned to face the defiant lad.

"Tell me why I should not kill you on the spot," she said, sending a piercing look directly into his eyes. "For He who has taught me, has taught me well:

"Do not suffer a traitor to live."

While she waited for the stammering explanation and excuses she was certain were to follow, she sent a single thought upward to the spirit in the Finger of R'lous.

"You claim a closeness with me, that I somehow have meaning to you, and you to me. Please, I beg you now, prove this by removing the spirit of Mr. Danner from this... pestilence that is before me, and place it..."

She stopped for a moment, considering.

"In him."

She did not point, but sent the image of the still-silent Phalomir floating into the essence of the spirit of Telion de' R'lous.

[ 05-26-2004 04:10 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Axis

Member # 526

posted 05-26-2004 04:26 AM     Profile for Axis   Author's Homepage   Email Axis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Axis mused inwardly.

“As you wish, dear lady. But I shall claim no more roles in your past, you shall learn the truth in due time, and on your own. Simply use me as you require, and I shall count myself blessed.

“But as for Mr. Danner, it was not I who placed him in this body, and it is not I who can move him. I can only channel the power of Sith magick and feed into it the power of the All. But I must have a source, and only you may use this power I channel. So feed me, and then concentrate on moving Mr. Danner’s spirit.”

The device sparked into life as it drew power from Phalomir, who was already growing pale.

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-26-2004 06:35 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith grunted in reply as Telion's words brought back the memory of recent events in the Darker Realm. Indeed, the implacement of both Thoran and Terrin into their respective hosts had been of her own instigation, though at the time she thought it was prompted by the Finger of R'lous alone.

"Yes," she said, somewhat vaguely; then all the while keeping a cautious eye pinned on the device she lowered it from where it hovered in the air until it came to rest in her hands. Her fingers closed possessively about it's haft; it felt good in her grasp, coolly warm and full of not just life but that which forms the very foundation of all that is.

She smiled, her eyes darkening, and within her breast the Beast set up a steady, eager whine. This she ignored, and slowly pointed the Finger directly at Rykounagin.

Then she closed her eyes, and concentrated....

The universe exploded into a fantasmagoric kaleidoscope of every color imaginable. Songs burst out from the superstrings of existence, hurting her eyes for their brilliancy; rainbows danced loudly in her ears. The hairs on her skin stood up, electrified by the sheer purity of essence that now encompassed the very atoms of the air about her; she drew in a great breath of it, and cried out for the joyous pain it brought to her.

And when she finally opened her eyes....

Phalomir was on his knees, his ruddy skin paled by several hues to a sickly grayish mauve, his great clawed hands clasped over his temples, one horn piercing his own skin, unnoticed. Blood dripped from the wound and onto the floor; Graysith cocked her head a bit to one side, fascinated by the sight, and merely watched as the universe once more shrank back into normal proportions and the Glyph died down into merely ultraviolet beauty.

Now letting her fingers caress the haft of the Finger of R'lous, she turned her attention back to Rykounagin. To his credit he was still on his feet, still staring directly at her, unafraid. But the look he wore seemed somehow...

Uneasy.

She smiled, curling her lip.

"As I was saying, my fine young apprentice," she continued, spitting the final word as though it was an anathema to her.

"Why indeed now most of all should I allow you to live? Speak your words, and quickly, or suffer the consequences your own actions have placed before you."

[ 05-26-2004 06:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.198
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-26-2004 02:59 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I am only partially responsible for my actions this evening, as another force was at work. A force, a familiar force, by the name of Aelvedaar." He finished in almost a whisper, drawing upon himself to create as much dramatic effect as possible.

"He is the one who is responsible for this evenings events, and I must say, you may not have met the standards he was expecting."

He left it at that, hoping that the Axis' plan would work, for otherwise he may not live through the night.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 209.120.161.18

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05