my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Through the Past Darkly (Page 8)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Through the Past Darkly
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-28-2003 11:08 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The growl issuing from the lips of the Beast promptly segued into a whimper, and it sat upon its haunches. Graysith blinked, startled from her musings, and amused by the certain serendipity in which Fate so often moves.

She smiled.

“No need for apology, nor embarrassment, Phal—my Lord,” she said softly, a twinkle gleaming in her eyes. Still holding Shayla around her shoulders with one hand, she extended the other.

“We were just on our way for a midnight snack before retiring; would you care to join us?”

She smiled as the polite invitation left her lips, knowing what his reply would be before he even said it. Her eyes cut smoothly to Shayla’s, and without letting so much as a whisper of this out she spoke to her along the link the two of them held between themselves.

”This is how a Lord behaves. He does not call for his Lady, but he comes to her.”

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 11-28-2003 11:14 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir bit his lip to stop the laughter from escaping, set his face and looked down at the two ladies.

“I admit I am weary, though sleep seems to elude me this night,” he said. His gaze shifted to Jharmeen, a slight grin managing its way to the surface. “But now that you bring up the idea, I suddenly find myself burning with hunger.”

He took the hand offered to him.

“I thank you for the invitation, my lady.”

[ 11-28-2003 11:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-28-2003 11:27 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla didn't bother to hide the smile at Phalomir's response to Graysith's words. Something was beginning to spark here perhaps...

...and there was no way she wanted to get in the way of that. Still arm and arm with Graysith, she spoke up softly.

"You'll have to excuse me, but I'm starting to feel rather fatigued; it has been quite some time since I've last slept..."

She paused, glancing then to Graysith, some sort of unspoken understanding passing along the link they shared. "...so I believe I will retire for the evening now. I hope you will pardon my departure from your company?" she finished.

Then, along her shared link with Graysith: Should you need me, let me know...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.17.245.245
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-28-2003 11:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Burning with hunger… such an interesting choice of words….

Graysith tilted her head toward Phalomir, then turned to Shayla.

“It saddens me that you choose to leave us, but I understand, Shayla,” she said smoothly. “Your input is always welcomed; perhaps we will be able to speak again later in the privacy of my chambers.

"You shall be the first I will contact, should I require any assistance," she closed with, sending the latter along the link into Shayla’s heart. Her gaze softened then as the young woman nodded her head in turn and quickly departed, heading back along the way from which they had come.

Graysith couldn’t help a departing mental shout.

”I am glad you are again with me, Shayla.”

Then she turned back to Phalomir, suddenly a little embarrassed at the warmth in the grip with which he held her hand.

“Sh-shall we?” she stammered, staring toward the floor, and not moving one step anywhere.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 11-28-2003 11:38 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir looked sideways to Shayla, a strange feeling of – panic? – seeping in.

“Oh, um, yes,” he managed. “By all means, um… yes.”

He tightened his hold on the hand in his and proceeded to be led to the pantry.

The two walked for some time and said nothing, merely looking ahead. Finally Phalomir took a deep breath and looked down at the Dark Lady.

“I was hoping to meet with you before we departed for the temple of the Armorers,” he blurted. He blinked and breathed again. “Forgive me for saying this, I do not wish to seem out of line, especially in our… situation. But you give me strength, my lady, and I find myself needing that strength more and more. Thoran, Aelvedaar, the strange ‘master’… This must all be connected somehow, and their powers are great. I only hope I may be of use to you.”

[ 11-28-2003 11:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-29-2003 12:07 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla once more smiled as Graysith's final words made their way into her heart, warming it.

As am I, came her final reply as she found her way back to the Graysith's bedchambers. There she paused a moment, considering something before beginning to walk once more, her steps sure and certain as she knew precisely where she was headed. In a short span of time she found herself in front of a very familiar set of wooden doors where a wealth of memories scrolled across her minds eye.

It had been here, after all, that she had finally been able to let go of herself enough to admit how very much she loved her husband. The images of that day were still so very vivid...

...images of Erik keeping a respectful distance despite his feelings...

...and images of the look upon his face when she at last said the words he had been so longing to hear...

Without any further hesitation then, Shayla opened the door and stepped inside the bedchambers. She pulled back the velvet and satin covers of various shades of violet, then fell into the bed and closed her eyes as memories continued to scroll across her mind and warm her heart even further. She began to drift...

...and it was then her mind finally became clear enough...

...and attuned enough...

...for her to notice a slight niggle from a cherished Force-link. Though it was distant and she couldn't quite make out the exact thought, she could sense the concern her husband was trying to make known.

I am quite well, she thoght back then, knowing he would sense her feelings more than her words and also knowing that would be enough. Sit tight where you are, and I will be with you again shortly...

With this last thought, Shayla stretched out and sent a lifeline of reassurance through that link...

...and at last she fell into a peaceful sleep.

[ 11-29-2003 12:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.17.245.245
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-29-2003 12:16 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Please follow all as this thread continues in That Which Survives in the "Sith/Jedi" forums, thank you.))

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05