my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Through the Past Darkly (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Through the Past Darkly
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-12-2003 09:43 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis turned to regard Phalomir for a moment, smiling to himself.
"speak not to me of not understanding. I understand all to well.
"You... Have no right to speak to me in such condecending a tone. You have no knowledge of me. you think i simply left? I was bade by dark lord of sorcerers to leave, to protect my child... I dont pretend to understand his motivations... I left, yes... I walked away from the woman that gave to me life. furthermore, i took away my son from his mother. I am a monster, i have no right to walk in this universe... But i swear, you have no right to accuse me of anything.

You say i know not what it feels like to be 'flung accross time as a pawn in some insane perverted game, to lose everything in a heartbeat' I was sent here from the past, these people, i know them not. They are not the sith i knew. I am from a time much further back then even Roan, Aelvedaar and Rean. I am from a time where the sith were much stronger... The dark jedi overcame these people... I tell you i know why...Never before have i spoken this... But the dark jedi have been the enemy of the sith long before this time... We fought... They dispised us. Wanted our magic... Wars broke out constantly... Finaly they were scared off... But they returned apparantly... I left in a time where peace was uncertain... I wanted nothing more as a child, then to be allowed to fight to protect my people... That was denied to me... For i was the son of a great warrior... A dark lord... I was to be stripped of everything...My people, my time, my very memories... left only with a mission and a name... Sent forward to protect a Woman who suposedly would be a key part of the sith people, people who i was to have no connection with.. For they were not the people of my time... I know that feeling...

"What more, i fell in love... This being who i was suposed to protect... she opened my heart, burned away my pain... Saved me from certain death... Saved me even from myself...

I loved her with all my heart, i still do dispite what any here may think. Yes, i left, i caused her pain.. But i bore that pain as well... I felt the emptyness inside of me grow, disiring constantly to call out to her... And i did once... I asked her wait for me... She swore to me she would wait... I believed in her... I still do.

Everyday i was gone, I felt the hole inside of me scream for me to return to her... But aelvedaar had said it was important that jharu be taken away... I trusted him. You speak of the pain of losing a wife and child... Pain is nothing... Try living in fear... Fear of the unknown... Fear that your child might come to harm if he remained in the place you so desperatly wanted him to.

Now on top of that fear... Add in the fear that your one true love will come to harm while you will away... add in the pain of not darring to reach out to her again, for fear that you be found, and your son come to harm...

Now... I tell you, to add in the pain, of knowing that you have taken your son from his mother... Taken your son from the one being he wants nothing more than to be with... And know that no matter what you do... You can not win.

Ah yes, i know pain... Know this pain now, Know that you return, seeing the women you love, without the love you left her... See that she was unable to wait for you... See that it is your fault that it happened...i returned from my excile the first time, unprepared for what i would find...

When i returned i confronted roan... Then i realized i would be destroyed... Whether she can love me or not, it is unimportant. I will love her forever, and whether she needs it or not, i shall forever protect her... From afare, from near. my heart is hers, even if she can not give me hers again..."
Recinis took a shuddering breath to steady himself, reaching up to wipe away the tears that had formed about his eyes, recomposing himself.
"I do not force my fate on her... I place it in her hands to do with as she pleases. If she does not desire it, she may cast me away as thought a stone into an endless hole..."

He then turned to jharmeen, eyes glowing with a soft radiant green glow, his next words were soft, coated in a gentleness that was not believable from a warrior. "Jharmeen... I love you... My heart will always beat in synch with yours...i have spent every night of excile feeling that beat... it is the one thing that has kept me sane... I can not make you love me i do not want to... I would never force anything upon you..."

then he reached out to her quietly, using his own mental strength to speak to her directly.
My soul is ever opened to your gaze jharmeen... Even without the all at your command- the words flowed to her as he looked up at her cold forhead. Even without that great power... My soul is open to you... my mind is yours to examin... I will force nothing on you... But please... except this gift.

As he sent those words to her on a link maintained only by his devotion he offered a package of warmth to her soul, an overflowing basket of the love in his soul, accompenied with memories and feelings, forged into the pages of the universe...

One such memory a treasured day, a day where he had been in pain... And awakened to her soft gaze looking overhim, worry in her face.
The night our love was struck, will forever be remembered by me... I can sense within you that you do not feel that love... Im sorry i have allowed it to grow cold... And even if you never even have the desire for that love to be again... dont forget this memory... For it is as much a part of your soul, as it is of mine....

Finaly he stepped forward, speaking to her quietly so non other would hear, and if they could, he did not care.
"jharmeen... On the day i left, you said you would wait for me, for as long as it must take... And Whether you realize it or not, I believe you have fulfilled your vow... All that is left is for you to realize it. My love is her for you jharmeen... To draw on for strength indefenetly untill the end of time... 'even should are bodies be afare, together our hearts shall be as long as we set them free... Together for all of life, to live forever in the life of love...' these words were written by a wise man... I believe them... You may not be able to rise the love in yourself for me again... But at least take mine and use it as your strength."

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.237.225.203
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 11-12-2003 10:44 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The dimness of my Inner Sanctum flares with the volcanic fires of my eyes. Before me, swirling in and out of the mystic and verdant depths of the Crystal Octahedron are two Sith and... Her. Along with the one She had chosen as Adept, as I once had chosen her unto myself.

That offering had not been acceptable, unfortunately. Not as the eager young human maiden had taken Her offering; even after all this time, even after all I tried to do, first to persuade, then dissuade, and whether that be to Her or myself is unknown; but after every attempt the pain and anger still rankles stark and sere in my essence.

There are those Dark Ones who would say we Sith are passionless, and in that are easily overcome. How wrong a reason for an otherwise inherent flaw....

Be that as it may, time in its steady march has led us to this point. I can claim small victory in that my plans for bringing the Sith back to life have seen fruition. I see yet greater victories looming around the corner, for all the intrigue now in effect on my planet's sister.

The very thought of this brings a smile to my face.

But now is not the time to praise my own laurels. Now a plan long put into action needs yet another course of action to be initiated, a course of action so simplistically easy to undertake now that He has returned.

He never should have.

My smile does not leave my lips as, with an offhand wave of one hand, I open a portal in the All and step through....

The sleeping boy scarcely had a chance to see what hit him. The Dark Lord of the Sorcerers did not gain his place of leadership without being the strongest of the sorcer's clan. It was a matter of moments to overtake the young Jharu who, stricken with a sudden unease bolted upright in his bed just as Lord Aelvedaar descended upon him. His budding All talents hadn't a chance against the magma-eyed Master; moments later, and a spell of sleep had been emplaced in his being.

Jharu made a slight weight in the Sith Lord's arms as he plucked him from his bed, whirled, and returned to his Temple on Khar Delba, closing the portal behind him with a deafeningly resounding silence....

[ 11-13-2003 01:47 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-12-2003 10:49 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis paused suddenly, eyes downturning... Something... A momentary pressence....

"Jharmeen... Do you sense that? something... Something is wrong..."

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.206
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-12-2003 10:54 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu's mind deadened instantly, the boy's conciousness falling away like a fly swatted by the tail of a horse.

The Violet eyes of the shadowing pressence burst into flaming brillience in defense of the boy, but it was already to late, jharu's mind was restricting upon itself, falling into a deeper sleep.

"What is this?!" The being screamed, as his own conciousness began to fade rappidly.

It stumbled about, hanging on as strongly as it could... enterign and closing a small doorway of jharu's mind before collapsing into its own mysticly emblaced sleep."jharu..." his words echoed off into the silence.

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.206
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-12-2003 10:58 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis mind continued to search franticly for what was missplaced...suddenly his eyes went wide.
"He's gone... I cant sense him anywhere... My son is gone..."
He looked up at jharmeen his eyes covered in sadness. "i should not have returned... We should have stayed in hidding..."

--------------------

---BMG

Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 11-12-2003 11:01 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir clenched his fist at Recinis’ words to Jharmeen, his claws digging into his flesh. Blood trickled down his wrist and dripped to the floor. He put the words together to answer and—

The spell he placed within Jharu triggered, sending a powerful shock through Phalomir.

“Jharu—“ he said, almost in time with Recinis.

His eyes locked with the other Sith, all of the anger melting from Phalomir as he shared the growing concern. Phalomir felt a wave of sleep try to overtake him.

Thoran had returned for the boy—but no, the shock he felt, it was not from the All. No, this was the sense of something more familiar, closer to Phalomir. Magick… Sith magick… and the imprint upon this particular thread was something he had felt before… recently…

“Aelvedaar…” he said, full of dread. He stumbled backwards, eyes growing heavy. He sank to one knee and struggled to maintain consciousness. “Sleep…”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-12-2003 11:07 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Aelvedaar? but why would-" his words came to a stop as events flew past him...
Of course... It makes to much sense... Tell you to leave for the boy's safty... Drive a wedge into your existence... Only to violate the trust placed in him.... Aelvedaar...

"sometimes the greatest enemy is the one barring the face of a friend... He will pay... If Jharu is harmed... He will pay"

The words came from him darkly before he thehe looked to phalomir his tone turning from dark hate to a begging plee. "Im not blind... I see clearly that you do not like me... But please... I ask you now... Help me face this enemy... If not for me... That for Jharmeen... I will not lose Jharu..."

--------------------

---BMG

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-12-2003 11:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stood stricken into immobility, frozen as a gandyrak caught in the headlights of a sand speeder. For an eternal second she remained thus, her heart and soul and very essence seeming to be made of ice…

And then from nowhere and everywhere a great thawing began to heat her. The warmth descended throughout her entire being, first evoking memories of past emotions, of those yet to come perhaps, then baptizing them in that heat until they burst out into a kaleidoscope of life, all centered on a trembling little mote her Beast yet held in claws which trembled even more.

That mote… was herself. The evil her, the wicked her, the murderess her, that which she simply could not face…

…that which was yet a part and parcel of her being, which Recinis yet sought to reassure with his words of unending love, which Phalomir sought to gain with words of love yet to come, which had somehow come…

…which her son simply loved with the innocence and honest determination of youth.

She shuddered as that heat backwashed throughout her, one hand flying up to finger the Glyph in an unconscious and protective move. It yet remained coolly dark, but somehow seemed to… flinch a bit.

Her eyes flew open.

She stared at Recinis… logic waving frantically now.

Do you not remember, Jharmeen? You did not stop loving him… you took that love to protect your child by him.

Why won’t he see this? Why don’t you tell him?

Why should you tell him; should he not sense this in you?

Taking a first step… and then a look cast sideways to the staggering Phalomir, who struggled so mightily to remain awake. The spell he placed of protection around the link between she and her son, the unseverable link which somehow, impossibly, had silenced.

Now only his link remained. And the warmth he had placed within her… now roiling around in counterpoint to that given to her by her husband.

Her husband. Had she a choice? Now was not the time for this.

Jharu!

She allowed a final shudder to race through her frame before forcing herself to straighten. Whirling, she turned to retrace their steps only to stumble directly into the one she was seeking.

“Shayla!” she cried, sudden tears springing into her eyes, her arms flinging around the startled young woman as yet another blast of heat thawed out another frozen fragment of that trembling little mote.

“Help him to remain awake; you are jedi, you have healing abilities! I—I—“

A quick pause, gulping.

“I can no longer help in this sort of thing. But…”

She pulled back then, turning round, an arm about Shayla’s shoulder as she led her to Phalomir to complete the request just given to her.

“I am Dark Lady of the Warriors. Recinis—“

She straightened even further, now letting her eyes fall into the verdant pools which were his. Memories flooded her, a slight warmth tried to rise….

“I believe you. You are yet Dark Lord of the Warriors; I need your strength to lead our men against Lord Aelvedaar to regain our son.”

She paused a moment, a stab piercing into her heart. From where and for what was something she did not wish to examine too closely at the moment; after a moment she raised her head again.

“Nothing matters more to me than his safe return to his home.”

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 11-12-2003 11:48 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir raised a heavy head to Jharmeen and Recinis.

“I have sworn to protect you and yours, Jharmeen,” he said wearily. “Recinis, I do not hate you, only what you have done. But hear me now, I was Lord of Sorcerers in my time, as I am now Lord of the Armorers. I am maintaining the link to the bastard, though it is difficult, for he is powerful. But I feel he is the link to many answers… for all of us.”

He closed his eyes and shuddered. He slowly opened them again.

“Jharmeen… I need the Finger of R’lous…”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-13-2003 12:01 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She jerked as Phalomir’s words intruded upon her lock with Recinis. Blinking, she turned her head to the side to face him, even as Shayla was reaching out helping hands to assist him in remaining awake.

“The Finger of R’lous?” she whispered, now a note of incredulity creeping into her voice. “Was this not that which you directed that I never let you lay hand upon?

“Is not the Eye of R’lous, which you yet bear, enough to thwart Lord Aelvedaar’s magicks against us? Are not your own sorceries, Dark Lord that you claim to be, enough to combat his? Will not Lord Recinis, at the head of his warriors, be enough then to take Aelvedaar and remove him from his position, and return our son to us?

”Shayla!” she interrupted herself, seeing Phalomir’s eyes beginning to droop. “Keep him awake! He must tell me why the vow I swore to him I must now break!”

She could not help but let her eyes slip back to Recinis as those final words left her lips.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 11-13-2003 02:05 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I smile as I watch him in the slumber I have forced upon him. My smile widens with the knowledge that by now they are alerted, that they are seeking a means of coming after this boy, that dim bulbs within their brains are feebly brightening with the realization of who it is that they face… if not why.

But that is not all.

My Chosen Son hovers in the shadows, his scowl a palpable entity glowering there. He does not approve that I have taken this young lad here; although I have assured him that his own place in my heart will not be shaken, I fear he does not believe me. After all, this is the spawn of the one female I have ever…

Strongly wished to possess.

I blink and shake myself away from such trivialities as love. Now is not the time for such, for such things only soften one, cause one to drop one’s guard, lose one’s wariness, and in that present a crevice of vulnerability which a cunning enemy may take advantage of. Love has no place in my being… not now.

”At least not for another….”

The whispered statement sidles into my consciousness like a dianoga rippling the waters of a Dagoban swamp. The smile on my face quirks, and I turn away from the Octahedron, move away from it, toward the shadows, nodding to the still sulking Ayelmaar as I pass him.

“Fear not, my Chosen Son,” I state calmly, reaching out in passing to squeeze his arm in reassurance. “All shall come to pass as I have foreseen. Our ally—“

A brief pause while I peer into the shadows of the farthest depths of my Inner Sanctum.

“—our ally will make certain of that. Won’t you?”

I finish, finally finding his eyes and pinning them with my own. A glimmer sparks the shadows, a reflection of light from a fang exposed in a dark smile. A smile as dark as his soul, the soul of the one some would call Master.

And as dark, perhaps, as my own.

[ 11-13-2003 02:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 11-13-2003 09:54 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir raised his head again, his eyes half opened.

“My lady,” he said sluggishly. “I have a link with… Jharu. Can grab… perhaps… but must channel magick and power of… Eye…”

He opened his eyes more and looked directly into hers, as if a new thought suddenly sprung but was trapped inside a mind half asleep.

“No… you do it. Your love for… son… you channel all of your love… into Finger… I will provide all else… you hold the Finger, point it at me… we will free him…”

He lingered, gazing into her eyes. He focused his energies to remain awake, letting the memories of his past flow around him like dreams staved by the clarity of thought. This was not his time, not his place. He had no past with this Jharmeen, and had no right to make a future with her. He had taken his place somehow as Dark Lord of the Armorers, and perhaps that had to be enough. The wife and son he knew were now gone, and this flood of memories was all he had left. He was correct to seal these visions from himself.

But he wanted to remain with her, this he felt from the bottom of his soul.

He gathered his strength, the internal clarity he now felt allowing him to concentrate everything within him. He felt the magick surge, mingling freely with the love he felt for her, with the strange powers granted to him by the Eye, with the dark energies fed from the curse of the Armorers, and he prepared himself for what he had little doubt would be his last battle.

“Quickly…”

[ 11-13-2003 09:56 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.29
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 11-13-2003 02:08 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
”They come, you fool, you know this…!”

The voice came out of the shadows dripping with superciliousness and hatred. I merely smiled more broadly, turned away from those maddened eyes belonging to the owner of that voice.

“Indeed,” I state calmly enough, and go back to my post at the sleeping boy’s side. I wave one hand, beckoning to my Chosen Son. He heaves a clearly audible sigh, uncrosses his arms and approaches, coming at length to a halt by my side.

A snort, equally as audible, bursts from the shadows.

“Now, now,” I admonish; to whom does not really matter, for my mind is already at work. I reach within myself then, finding those inherent Sith magicks I have been endowed with by birth, finding the strengths and abilities to use them that I have learned throughout my life and position as Dark Lord of the Sorcerers, reach deeper yet and find that link to the greater power yet, that of the All…

…and with one hand reach out to my Son, where yet another Eye resides.

“You will pardon me, but I need your assistance, my boy,” I say; then utilizing everything available to me in one fell swoop I enter into the sleeping body of the spawn of Jharmeen, dig deeply into every cell of his being, and from them wrench out that innate ability he was, perhaps not so luckily for him now, born with.

That being the inborn use of the All, which the children of Jharmeen and her sister will bear.

And, for a certainty, this simply cannot be….

I smile; it is a difficult magick to perform, but did I not once take that selfsame essence and emplace it within the body of the Chosen Daughter of the Sith? Any magick truly understood has a counter; anything given, may be taken away. From and toward who, in what order or sequence, is inconsequential.

It simply can be done.

I smile then as, rearing back, I see a quietly glimmering greeny-gold ball hovering mere centimeters above my cupped hands. It is the essence of the All, inborn to the boy. Every lick of it; I have made certain of it; the strange, violet eyed Thing within him had no power against me, or against this. I turn back to Ayelmaar, hold it out….

It flashes from me, enters my Chosen Son’s eyes, and ears and nostrils; seeps along his entire body, seeking out every pore… until entering him, stiffening him in more than electric fires it finally coalesces into a shining knot and bursts into being on his forehead.

A brilliant Glyph pulses there, amber in color, like his eyes.

I smile, and turn back to the Sith lad.

“His use for us is quite over,” I state calmly… then with a wave of one hand open a Portal in the All and send him tumbling into it. To where… or rather, to when, makes no difference to me. And… just for fun, as his sleeping body enters into that passage leading into who knows where, I reach out a final time and pluck the links his young talents have created. They burst like strings pulled too taut; this, too, does not matter to me, that he now has no connection with his parents or with anyone else on K’eel Doba.

All that matters is that I have the All as does now my Chosen Son; it is blocked from the Daughter, and I too possess an Eye of R’lous.

More than that… I have a powerful ally, who sees eye to eye with me in certain matters. And now, we shall see where we will go from here….

[ 11-13-2003 02:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 11-13-2003 02:44 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir remained focused on the link with Jharu, and his eyes remained steady on the Dark Lady. Even though the boy was the son of another, he felt a strange kinship with Jharu. He shared the mother of Phalomir’s own son… in a way. Perhaps this was enough for him here, to remember his own by knowing another—

A strange sensation passed through Phalomir, as if the link he held was somehow being strained. He could see in her eyes that Jharmeen felt something as well. He directed more energy into the link, trying to follow it with his own spirit. The power was still there, the connection through the All was still there, but the link was now somehow changed… as if it was now shared with someone… new. He latched on tighter to the link, shielding it from Jharmeen, and tried to establish contact with this new entity.

A violent rip tore through the link, sending Phalomir reeling backwards. His head crashed violently against the stone wall behind him, and he slid down a few inches until his backside rested on the floor. A smeared trail of blood held fast to the wall above him. He looked up slowly, the world spinning. All signs of fatigue left him but were replaced by a blank look.

“The link is gone…”

You mean "he is gone"... as is everything you touch

[ 11-13-2003 02:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.0.105.127
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-13-2003 05:43 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood stuned looking at Phalomir, unable to deal with what had just been said.
"Gone? he's.... Gone...."

Recinis looked down, tears uncontrollably flooding down his cheeks.

He's gone.... That is the only thing that can explain it... my son is gone...

"h...He'll pay... I... I will destroy him for this..."

His eyes turned then from the ground upward to gaze upon Jharmeen, who was frozen as though in stone...

Jharmeen.... He will pay for what he has done to her as well... Jharu was the one love that still burned within her... The one love that had not abbandoned her... And now that is gone.

he then swept his gaze to phalomir, taking in the distraught appearances held in that ones features... His first instinct was to pounce upon him, shred him for failing to save his son... But he knew that would do nothing... he knew it was simply his pain forcing his emotions on paths of there own....
Finaly he managed a quiet, "Your attempt is appriciated...."

Again he turned to jharmeen, offerign his quiet support. "Jharmeen.... We will find him... if it takes my last breath... We will find him... Our son is strong...We will find him..."

He then fell quiet again, a darkness that had never before found its way into the warriors eyes loomed within the emerald orbs, forcing recinis to focus ever piece of self control he had in order to hold it within rather then letting it burst out and further darknen the scene.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.237.225.162
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-13-2003 05:43 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shaken to the core of her being, she could only stare at Recinis, an admixture of shock and horror and fear flooding her being. But when that momentary pause gave way to the following and equally strong impulse to move, she could not help but rush to the fallen Phalomir, kneeling quickly at his side and reaching out to cradle his head from where it lay against the cold stones of the wall. She winced at the warm wetness her hands encountered there; ignoring that, then, she pulled his head to her and held it tightly, reaching out an imploring gaze to Shayla to come do something.

"Wh-what do you mean, the link is gone?" she whispered then, returning her gaze to Phalomir. A sudden chill coursed through her then, filling her with an icy fear against which all she could do in ineffective retaliation was to cradle the stunned sorcerer's head all the more tightly.

[ 11-13-2003 05:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 11-13-2003 06:02 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir turned glassy eyes upward to the Dark Lady.

“The link was changed, as if the very power that created it was moved. I sensed another presence, I can not explain it better. It is if the inherent power within Jharu was moved to another… but that makes no sense.”

The image of the Dark Lady split before him, his vision doubling. His hand reached for hers and he softly held it. The Tattoo of Entitlement upon his forehead dimmed to a soft hue.

“We will find him,” he said. “One way or another, we will find him. All I do is for you—“

His eyes glossed as the Tattoo’s glow faded, and the hand that held hers slipped quietly to the floor. The only sound was the very faint, raspy drawing of breath.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-13-2003 07:33 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was beside Phalomir and Graysith in a matter of a second, adrenaline coursing through her body. There had been many thoughts coursing through her mind, but at the moment they mattered not, for she could clearly see Phalomir struggling. In a move that was completely natural and inborn to her, Shayla laid an open palm against both sides of Phalomir's face. Opening up a link directly into Phalomir's very essence then, she reached into the Force and began channeling healing energies into him. And there she would remain for as long as was necessary...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.218.202.96
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 11-14-2003 11:57 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

Phalomir drifted on a vibrant green ocean, a deep blue sky cloudless surrounding him. He sat cross-legged in the bottom of a small wooden boat and stared calmly about. A gentle breeze blew from behind, propelling the boat slowly across the smooth water. A small fog bank followed boat.

A splash to the port caught his attention. He caught the tail fin of a large fish just as it disappeared. He leaned over the edge of the boat to gaze into the water, and a shape appeared below the boat. It drew closer, and finally broke the surface revealing a beautiful mermaid with long flame-red hair and bright violet eyes.

“Phalomir, where are you going?” asked the mermaid.

“My lady,” he replied, “I go to rest.”

“Why, Phalomir? Are you weary?”

He thought upon this question, glancing to the fog that drifted behind the boat.

“Yes, my lady. I am weary. I am weary of knowing what I no longer have. I am weary of unknown enemies. So much loss, so much heartbreak.” He held his hand to her cheek. “I am weary of being without you.”

“But you are not without me, my silly Phalomir. You know I live here within you, and now you see me every day in the flesh.”

Phalomir sighed. “In this time, you belong to another. I feel the conflict within you, as clearly as I feel the pain within me, but facts remain. We both have our own ghosts to face, our own realities to bear.”

“So,” she said sternly, “you wish to now drift away and be done with all of it? Because if that is the case, then truly you have changed. The Phalomir I love is not indecisive, he is not wishy-washy. He is not a sentimental fool who dwells on the past and fears the future. I am in your heart, and I am before your eyes. If you indeed love me, then drop the poetic injustice routine and fight for me. Time will tell, my love, if you were right.”

The mermaid flipped backwards and submerged. Phalomir turned back to face the front and was surprised to see Jharu sitting before him. They stared at each other for several minutes before Jharu spoke.

“You are not my father,” he said.

“I know. But I had a son much like you once. He was strong-willed and powerful in both Sith magick and the All. He was to be the one to unite our people.” He sighed. “But that was another time.”

“You can’t go back, you know. They’ve moved on without you, and you need to move on yourself. My mother needs you, but she needs you to be a leader. Can you?”

Phalomir nodded. “Yes, I can.”

“Then quit dying, you idiot!”

Phalomir smiled slightly and looked to his right. When he looked back he was alone. He closed his eyes and grabbed the sides of the boat. He shifted his weight and the boat veered, changing course against the breeze. Phalomir opened his eyes and directed the bow into the fog.

Phalomir opened his eyes and gently touched the hand of Shayla, then put his other hand back into Jharmeen’s. His eyes shone brightly and the gold on his forehead gleamed. He smiled warmly at both women, then met Jharmeen’s eyes.

“I will not leave you,” he said.

He closed his eyes and let the smile relax. When he reopened them, his face shone with a soft red glow.

“We have much to discuss and little time in which to do it. Where is Recinis? We must hold a conference.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.23
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-14-2003 05:15 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the group huddled about eachother, lookign worried, looking ready for action. A tall thin sith approuched them. He had striking yellow eyes and great horns which curved from his forhead to the back of his head and extended behind him some 3 feet, wearing odd cloths and speaking with a heavy accent, he bowed.
"Pardon my intrusions..." he looked at Jharmeen and then recinis and phalomir "My lady, my lords." he then turned to shayla, "miss Shayla"

then remembering why he had come he straightend. "Excuse me, But my master wishes your pressence.... He say's that i am to tell you that all will be known soon, and light will be spread upon your darkness... He bids me to tell you to have faith, and that soon all will have more meaning then it has for some time..."

He then bowed once more and turned, "Will you please follow me?"

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 65.237.225.239
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 11-15-2003 03:33 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared at the newcomer in disbelief. He then in one fluid motion stood to his full height, towering over the others in the dining hall.

“Your master?” he sneered. “The last creature who referred to his master attempted to kill us. The only master in the house of the Warriors is the Dark Lady. You tell Thoran that if he wishes to communicate then he can show himself to us in person. I have much to say to him, believe me!”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-15-2003 10:05 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The yellow eyes of the messenger regarded Phalomir in a confused manor.
"thoran? I am sorry, i do not know that name..."

Then his eyes brightened a bit and he nodded in remembrence. "My Master told me that if you did not trust in me... I should tell the dark lady this..."

His gaze swept to Jharmeen, "he bid me tell you that 'while the gardens of Korris'ian were beautiful, and the stars were brillient... As a child the gems most cherished were those illuminated by Violet and emerald...' im not sure to what he refers, for i have never been to Korris'ian... But this is his message my Lady..."

His gaze then returned to phalomir, "i dont know the thoran you speak of... But i must assure you, My master has no intentions of hurting you. He to kind for such underhanded tactics..."

"oh yes... And i am to tell you that while your son has been sent affar, my master knows his exact location..."

[ 11-15-2003 10:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jharu ]

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 65.237.226.19
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-15-2003 12:57 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She was on her feet in a flash. Her eyes darkened as she pinned them on the strange Sith's features, raking him with the most regally haughty look she could command.

"I find your timing in coming to us here more than coincidental," she sneered, her nostrils flaring. She tossed her head, shaking tendrils of flame from her face then as, utterly ignoring any other she took a step forward until she was clearly within the personal boundaries of the yellow-eyed messenger. He towered over her, but this didn't intimidate her in the least.

"I am the Dark Lady of the Warriors," she breathed menacingly. "My son indeed has just been taken from us; how... convenient it is that you now appear with suggestions as to his whereabouts!"

She pulled back, trembling in anger and pain and disbelief. Phalomir and Shayla stood to one side, their own strong feelings in this matter clearly evident to her. And Recinis--

Remained silent.

She shook her head again, and clapped her hands.

"Guards!" her voice rang out. "Here is one who has muddied himself with the kidnapping of my son! Take him, now!"

She then took a small step backward as several Sith warriors then rushed into the room, surrounding the stranger and taking him into custody. Now she could not keep her hands from grasping herself as she shivered, letting her eyes cut to the form of her husband, who yet remained in so ominous a silence.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-15-2003 01:10 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at the messenger, as the guards came to take him his eyes suddenly went wide. "halt.... Jharmeen... I know this one..."

Recinis stepped forward almost in aw as regonision swept over him.
"he.... He was there... He served.... The very same sorcerer who sent me here..."

He turned his gaze inward then as he searched over his memories... Clouded, fog... Everything regarding the sorcerer himself remained as it had, shrouded in mystery... But this one... He was sure of it.

"I think we can trust this one..."

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.237.225.13
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-15-2003 01:25 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now she whirled upon Recinis, her eyes widening further in disbelief, her jaw dropping.

"You think we can... trust this one? This is someone you so suddenly...

"Remember?"

She drew back again, hugging herself even more tightly, tears springing into her eyes.

"This so calmly spoken after too many disappearances of your own, Recinis," she said at last, struggling to retain a modicum of composure. Then she stepped back, and cast a glance around the group as a whole.

"Lord Phalomir is correct. We do have much to discuss. I will not let our original focus of deciding what to do about Lord Aelvedaar and the disappearance of my son be broken by such oddly circumstantial events. We must indeed talk, and as for this one..."

She broke off, turned to the waiting warriors.

"Take him away," she ordered, waving the hand with the Tattoo-emblazoned wrist to remind them of who, in the long and the short of it, it was they should obey.

[ 11-15-2003 01:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05