my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Ides of Mind (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Ides of Mind
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 10-28-2003 09:27 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir let the words fall upon him, let the images he saw sink into his own mind. There were so many things he did not know, so many mysteries in his life. The implications of all of his short experiences were astounding, and the thoughts whirled through him like a sandstorm. He tried to focus, bringing to bear his own magick as an aid to sort his thoughts, to separate what was relevant and important. Without considering what he was doing, he intertwined his own thoughts with the Lady’s, his own images now appearing around the two spirits.

“Of course I do not wish her to go mad,” he said softly. “But this seems so… wrong. All of my focus, all of my being centers upon her – upon ruling with her. Why? Why would I feel this so strongly if it were not meant to be? Can’t you understand, she is my purpose!”

He flashed to when he first became aware of his surroundings, occupying the body of Panthar Dantares. He was in a cave, surrounded by skeletons and small stones carved with runes. He shared the body with the spirit of Thoran as well – memories of a false childhood with him so vivid.

He thought of his conversations with the Eye, and with the Revealer. One son to rule them all… Prophetic words formed by the Revealer during his strange time within it… To the Dark we were led by Mir, Through the doors of time we escaped, To the Dark again by progeny. A strange encounter with Roan, the last of the line of Mir, power blasting forth from Phalomir to send Roan into oblivion. Phalomir carrying off Jharmeen as a dark voice whispered to him in time she will understand her legacy, protect her, my son.

That voice…

“It was you,” said Phalomir, wide-eyed. “The voice of the Eye… it is you…but not you… no, not you…” Phalomir heard a snarling from deep within his own spirit, claws raking at him as he attempted to push aside his own beast – that which guarded his memories from him. At last, images trickled forth, winding their way into the mind the pair of sorcerers now used as their own viewscreen.

A young boy, Phalomir, learning the art of channeling his inherent magick. Voices… He is stronger than I, he has his great-grandfather’s spirit… an older, wavering voice… He shall need it, pray he does not have his grandfather’s lack of wisdom

Phalomir looked to the sorcerer in front of him, taking in the features of his face, his eyes. His hand, now empty of a weapon, went to his own face.

“Who am I?” he asked.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.27
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-28-2003 11:00 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stare into the face of this One, my gaze heavy with meaning. Beneath my booted toe, the mote of light flickers yet again, as if seeking attention of sorts. For a moment it captures my full attention, draws it away from this defiant One, this One who has come from--

I ponder the light.

Humans are so frail, so frail, I cannot help but muse as I look down upon it. Should I have taken my foot from that light, I know what I would have seen. I have seen it; She has seen it, once, away back in the darkness and the dread that pestilence Roan had dragged her into, when he took upon himself that which I never could. It flared out there at his bidding, to do his will; I was not there to tuck it safely away into repression, to keep it safely hidden from her mind.

Not until later.

My thoughts return now to the gnarltree grove on Dagobah. I would have warned her there as well. Roan, in his evil manner, tried.

She reacted just as I thought; she cannot find this within her, that which would save her from--

I raise my eyes to Phalomir, who is standing in silence, patiently -- if a bit nervously -- waiting.

"You know who you are," I finally admit as I move my boot over the light, hiding it in its entirety from him, from the Beast.

From Her.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-28-2003 12:18 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Do I?” said Phalomir.

He winced and again tried to access his hidden memories. The beast roared its defiance, but Phalomir pushed harder. Savage claws raked at his spirit, but the strength of his quest for knowledge was too great. The beast toppled backwards, revealing a door. Phalomir reached inward and pushed the door open, the beast whimpering and whining. The door opened onto a vast hall, dark and empty – save for two sets of eyes glowing in the darkness: one turquoise and one yellow.

The images of the eyes now peered from either side of the sorcerers, displayed as if on a giant holo-board. The glow from the eyes cast an eerie hue upon them, the bright turquoise and yellow reflecting strangely off of Aelvedaar, whose expression betrayed the slightest hint of curiosity. Phalomir looked at his hands, one now glowing a soft light blue and the other a bright yellow. He brought his hands together, the colors combining into a bright emerald color.

Phalomir’s eyes snapped back to Aelvedaar.

“Yes, I do,” he said.

He let his hands fall to his side.

“I am a paradox. Tell me, who brought me here?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.27
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 10-28-2003 12:30 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I smile.

Paradox indeed.

Carefully I adjust the positioning of my boot, making certain that the mote of struggling light remains securely pinned, its placement just so for what is soon to follow. I look down upon that as if it represents all the necessities of the world, of the universe, all the desires and wants and needs....

All wrapped up in that one mote of light, a mote which can never be released, I fear, lest the fabric unravel completely.

My lip quirks.

"Why, you did, my boy. And I do laud you for your persistence in it."

Crocodile tears flood my eyes as I once again hold out my arms. Molecules whirl and combine; I can feel myself spreading out as if upon a great and unseen solar wind. Toward the end I look down; the mote is safely speared upon a slash of darkness....

The Beast reared back upon its hind feet, raising up to its full height, forelegs reaching out and raking, eyes glaring, claws extended and sweeping.

And roared.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-28-2003 12:54 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir calmly watched the sorcerer transform into the beast. His thoughts wandered into the realm of possibilities as the weapon and shield instinctively reappeared in his hands. The eyes still glared from the walls of the Dark Lady’s mind, as if anticipating. Phalomir’s own emerald eyes slowly rose to meet the beast’s, but were caught by a third set, bright violet, as if pleading from the space behind the beast.

A realization came to Phalomir through the emptiness he felt.

“You don’t know,” he said slowly. “For the first time in your life, you don’t know the answer.”

The violet eyes widened. A discernable focus entered him, lifting his spirit.

“She is the one who called me… all along, it was her…”

The blade and shield rose, and as if watching himself from afar, Phalomir approached the beast.

“And now she is through with you.”

--------------------

The Empire

Member # 386

posted 10-28-2003 12:57 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Imperial pilot stared at his receiver as if it had bitten him. If he could have, his jaw would have dropped; as it was, he managed to purse his lips while he shook his head at what had just crackled across the connection from the planet below.

*PSSHK-kktk*

"EE, this is Alpha-trey zero. Ahh-- I read myriad lifesigns all over that blasted range; I would say this planet is rich in wildlife. But no signs of unnaturally formed complexes or humanoid lifeforms, if that is what you meant.

"I would suggest you watch your step; hope you're armed, buddy."

He snickered again, and jerked the TIE into a barrel-roll, just for fun.

"This is Alpha-trey zero, out."

*PSSHK-kktk*

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-28-2003 01:10 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was with the greatest of efforts that she had managed this. To break through, to find something in the way of what some would call insight, to peer actively within for the first time in nearly three years, and within her own psyche to find....

More than she literally expected.

Her body jerked as a spasm burst through it; then her head fell back, flaming hair waterfalling to the floor as she went utterly limp in Phalomir's grasp. Slowly she began to ooze to the floor, overwhelmed by what her inner focus was revealing to her.

The Beast, too, shuddered once, spasming, its great head jerking, its flat visioned eyes darting suddenly about, not to seek refuge but to seek the intruder, the sudden danger, that which threatened its wonderful, beautiful pewter world. Its forepaws reached out in reflex, raking across Phalomir's face without realization, sending that Sith stumbling backward by the force of the unintentional blow.

Two sets of those eyes upon the walls of Jharmeen's mind narrowed.

The violet pair filled with tears.

The Beast regained its footing, its focus; rearing up to a height unnaturally out of proportion, it roared again and descended upon Phalomir, every aspect of its being dripping with menace.

Tears flooded the floor, making it slick.

The Beast bore through it all, intent on one thing, and one thing only.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-28-2003 02:34 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir’s gazed steadied on the pair of violet eyes, weeping in the distance like a waterfall beckoning to him. The beast bore down upon him, filling the space between him and the eyes that remained his focus. Phalomir’s expression did not change as he fell backwards, and he did not feel the sting of the beast’s claws upon his spirit flesh.

The pooling of tears soaked through his clothing, and a strange electrical sensation swept over him. He felt the powerful magick within him flow hotly, and the sensation from the tears seemed to trickle through his skin and mingle with the power inside of him.

He let the power within him coalesce into a tight ball of energy. He brought the shield up to his face and thrust the blade forward with all of his might, screaming the name of the Dark Lady.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-28-2003 02:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Beast within roared as that shining blade sliced into its essence, falling back, the mote it held flying loose as well. It soared throught the corridors of Jharmeen's essence, lighting its own path in the process, until it reached the apex of its trajectory, arced down, impacted upon the image of the stone floor upon which Phalomir lay, half supine.

Against which the Beast lay as well, stunned.

The mote exploded....

Images unscrolled before her, dreamlike. Indeed, some would wonder which is dream, and which is reality. Perhaps one's reality was in fact defined by one's dreams...

Every atom within her body forced her to keep her gaze steady as the image in her direct line of sight shifted its focus.

The image of herself, seen as if in third person, kneeling over the fallen but yet alive body of a white-haired human male, one who didn't even try to defend himself so shocked had he been by her attack upon him. He just lay there, stunned by the fact, stunned by the blow which placed him there, too stunned to prevent those following ones which rained down upon him in a flurry of death....

To:

A face she dearly loved. One she missed as dearly, if not more so. Blue-grey eyes wide, more in wonder than in shock; the roadmap on his cheeks offering her a pathway to a time and place she suddenly dared not remember; a blur coming from one side, a shadow of descending death, and the bloodied rock slams into his forehead, the hand gripping it hers. The rock swoops up and away, out of the field of view; the eyes in front of her close in pain; now the rock appears again... and again... and yet again....

A whimper....

... as the image shrinks, moves away and down, as if the eyes beholding it are rising up above that image. A quick blurring passage of rock and sand and shimmering heat-echoes rising from a desert landscape, marred by the sharp definition of shadows and the movement as small bits of stone skirl across the hot ground. The image swings back, as sharply defined by the blood and the death which reveal it to her, slamming it home, deep into her being, slicing as assuredly as the raking talons of the Beast within, which having fallen backward now scrabbles to its feet, filling her psyche with quite another type of roar, it's eyes flashing about itself as desperation grasps an inexorable hold upon it.

A sigh breezes through it all, mimicking sounds voiced by human lips, a sigh which at length did indeed gain voice, one loud enough to bring Jharmeen back out of herself to the realization that she was laying in Phalomir's arms on the cold stone floors of that hidden corridor of the Temple, the body upon the wall silent, as silent as the mosses which enshrouded it....

...as dead and utterly silent as the remnants of the Glyph upon her brow.

It strikes her then. How could it not? After three years of its steadying presence, how could she not immediately but notice its chilling absence there?

She raised a pale and trembling hand to her forehead. Stared up into Phalomir's opening eyes. Her whisper chilled the damp air of the corridor, borne there by the pain and shame and self-hatred now flooding her being, a collage of despair offerring her but a razor's edge hold upon suddenly tottering sanity, an edge rapidly dwindling, shrinking, even as she cried out in a whisper more chilling for the emotional state projecting it...

"What have you done?"

[ 10-28-2003 03:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.43
The All

Member # 144

posted 10-28-2003 03:11 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
From everywhere which is, and from All that there is, I come in reply to the cry.

Balance must be maintained; the keys are yet here, but the lock has been destroyed.

Until the lock is recovered, I retreat to All that is.

In the taking, something is given.

Somewhere, a rock is ice-chiseled from the sheer wall of a chasm; elsewhere, one forced upward by heaving tectonics.

Balance is always maintained.

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.96.43
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-28-2003 04:06 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir opened weary eyes and gazed at the Lady. Her eyes were wild, her visage pale and pleading. He met her eyes with his, a tear welling up in an emerald pool. He grasped her head with both hands and kissed her.

During that brief touching of lips, he sent his spirit into her mind once more. Instead of a dark, stone hallway he now found himself in a circular cavern, a rainbow of lights streaming in maddening circles about him. He traced the source of the streams to a spot on the floor, and bent down to it. Grimacing, he opened his spirit to the streams and let them flow into him, coiling with his own being, until the entire mass was within him. Struggling then to maintain himself, he focused on his love for the Dark Lady. It grew within him, forcing the mass of madness into a tight ball, then sprang forth from him and flowed into the hole left by the rainbow streams.

He stood, gripping the ball of madness tightly within him, and let a strand of energy remain connected between him and the bright ball now replacing the rainbow. He retreated from her mind and released his grip upon Jharmeen. He could feel the madness now within him already trying to free itself, but he remained in control.

Still weak, he leaned back against the wall and watched the lady with tired, concerned eyes.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-28-2003 04:21 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gradually the wildness in her eyes diminished. Slowly, ever so slowly, that too-bright stare softened as the encroaching madness was jerked from her being to be replaced by tentative coils of returning sanity. They reached within her, seeking haven, seeking surcease from that which they inherently knew yet lay within.

Yet strength was there to face that particular horror.

She turned her eyes to the grimacing Phalomir. Watched as he forced something of a smile to his face, then slid down against the wall propping him up until he hit the floor. Their eyes held them together then, and she scrabbled over to him on her hands and knees, all propriety forgotten.

The Glyph on her forehead was as cold and as barren as was the fear suddenly rising within her.

Trembling, she reached out her hands to Phalomir, cradled his head against her, rocked back upon her knees and held him.

All the while wondering just what in the universe she would now be able to do.

[ 10-28-2003 04:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-28-2003 04:39 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir opened his mouth to speak, but choked on the madness trying to well within him. He fought it back, allowing his inherent magick to build a tenuous wall around the ball of insanity. He quickly wrapped it with the thread he still held with the Dark Lady, and breathed an uneasy sigh. The ball writhed within its unsteady barricade.

He realized he was being held in her arms. A flood of warmth entered him, and he let his body rest in her grip. He felt so tired. His eyes lifted wearily to meet hers once more for a moment, then fell, resting upon the Finger of R’lous – which pulsated a quiet, steady red.

--------------------

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 10-28-2003 10:05 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran opened an eye, and through the tangled mess of plant growth surrounding him he saw Phalomir and the Dark Lady – together? This was not what the master had wanted, why were they alive? In fact, where was he? Where were any of them? What was happening here?

The master… he was gone? No, he was here, but very weak. But there was something else there… a link of some kind… to… a woman? Shayla?

Yes, it was Shayla. But how… why? For now it did not matter, the master was weak now and he needed to escape this predicament. He followed this link to Shayla, and felt healing energies flowing upon it. He grabbed hard and sucked all he could from her, feeding it into the master. Soon he could feel the master gaining strength, and suddenly the plant growth seemed to shift its very molecules and he was free. A portal opened before him, and casting a last look at Phalomir and the Dark Lady, he stepped through.

--

Thoran stepped from the portal, and ran hard into Panthar, taking the Sith by surprise and knocking him backwards. Before Panthar could react, he grabbed Shayla’s limp form and stepped back through the portal, snickering at the deafening roar from the tuk’ata.

--

In the elseness, Thoran waited for Shayla to regain consciousness.

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.105.223
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-28-2003 10:44 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ever-so-slowly Shayla floated closer to consciousness. Her head was heavy and her body ached; it was almost as if someone had quite nearly sucked the very life out of her. All she wanted to do at that moment was simply rest...

...but a sense deep within her warned her that now was most certainly not the time for that. She groaned, her eyes fluttering til at length Shayla managed to force them to remain open.

Directly in her line of sight was Panthar Dantares; or rather, Thoran. With a start, Shayla sat upright, her greeny blue eyes suddenly wide and very alert. They were surrounded by utter darkness, and Shayla instinctively stretched out with the Force to inspect the surroundings she could not see.

She came up with a vaguely familiar void, one only interrupted by the being who stood in front of her. Everything else was simply gone, gone from existence. Just like when...

...realize your true potential Shayla. You still have yet to discover it, haven't you...?

Shaking her head to clear the memories bouncing therein for the moment, she focused steady greeny-blue eyes upon Thoran, standing as she did so.

"Why have you brought me here? What is it that you want from me?"

[ 10-28-2003 10:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.231.73
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-28-2003 10:57 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gradually, as the shock of what had happened began to wane, the staccato beat of her heart began to slow, her breathing steadied, and blood raced outward to warm her extremities once again. One pale hand reached upward to brush the Glyph, which remained obstinately silent upon her brow. She trembled against the onrushing threat of ice that touch provoked within her…

…then quieted as it was met by a rushing warmth of equal intensity, coming from within as if to protect her.

Blinking, she tightened her grip about Phalomir and took a deep breath. She reached within then, actively seeking that with which she had become so familiar with over the years, only to find it unwilling to respond. A strange emptiness seemed to reside within her instead, the middle of which reflected a scene as if it was the shining surface of a pond.

The scene, repeated over and over like a visual mantra to hell, of the rise and fall of the rock which killed her father, a rock guided by her own hand.

Immediate knowledge flooded into her then; she bit her lip hard enough to bring blood, but managed not to voice that which then fought within her: the stormy approach of anger and fear, directed toward the man she yet held in her arms.

How could she give voice to the sharp whiplash of that heated emotion? For so clearly did she feel the responding warmth he had placed within her essence, a warmth that protected, offered her haven against the madness she knew she would otherwise have descended into. Indeed, she had been nearly engulfed; she shuddered as fresh memories of that hideous experience replaced the killing scene in the pool of her memories.

She trembled again, knowing what had occurred and why. Tears came to her eyes with the twin realizations of what Phalomir had done, first unwittingly toward her, then determinedly for her. She opened her mouth to cry out, but stopped.

Another warmth captured her attention. It lay upon her thigh, filling the air about it with the color of blood.

Knowing she could not use that mystical device she had so recently accepted she bowed her head, and at long last let loose the tears which had managed to be held at bay throughout it all.

And deep within her psyche, even the Beast remained still, finally muted.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 67.1.98.14
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 10-29-2003 07:37 AM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn gritted his teeth in irritation even as he clearly saw the Imperial TIE barrel-rolling above him. Unconsciously he reached for the butt of the blaster he had chosen as his first weapon of choice, patting it somewhat nervously as yet another black thought or two popped into his head.

Dammit, with the sky-show how could Za'in kriffing miss his location?

At that, he raised his comm to his lips for yet another time, this time returning to Za'in's frequency. "Look, kid, whatever you are doing, I'm on the move. If you can't find a bunch of showy Imperial TIEs for yourself...

...well then, that's your problem I suppose. As much as I'd like a lift, I haven't the time to continue to wait on you."

With that, Jasyn snapped the comm-frequency to a close, unholstered his blaster, and gave the mountain range ahead one final appraising look.

Didn't look so bad, he tried to tell himself, warring with the other black thought that had been floating in his mind since the Impy had reported the lifesigns in the range. What if one of those damned creatures that Aaron had said killed Terrin was up in that range...?

Jasyn bit his lip at the thought, then his look hardened into one of determination. Then so be it. If anyone was going to get to Dash and Matt...

...and Galen for that matter, he had the best shot at the moment. And he damned well was gonna take every advantage he could get.

Firming at that, Jasyn gripped his blaster in front of himself and began towards his destination, this time setting for himself a steady and determined pace. He was already beginning to feel a chill in the air as he began to work his way into the mountain range. But, allies, angels and demons be damned, he was going to get to the other side and spring his buddies so that they could get to the business of finding Galen, no matter what it took...

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.157.231.73
Za'in Almar

Member # 490

posted 10-29-2003 10:18 AM     Profile for Za'in Almar   Author's Homepage   Email Za'in Almar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The world shook through the eyes of the smuggler as his ship rocketed it's way through the sky. The location given during the last conversation with Jasyn had given all the information that was needed to create a waypoint on his holograph of the planet.

A smile grew on his face as he laid back, the seat's fabric comforting him as he heard the disturbing sound of restlessness from the comm. unit on the navboard. Obviously it was Jasyn, it wouldn't be plausable for it to be anyone else, but the reason behind the message was impatience. Their could be no other explaination, atleast not one that could Za'in could think of, which made it all the more annoying.

"Brown-eyed impatient bantha fodder." The young smuggler mused angrinly. "Lucky I'm being patient with you..."

The once EE employee continued on, the body of his ship dodging a few obstacles in his path as the distance between the waypoint became less and less from the visuals given by the holomap. It hadn't uploaded much information of the land, but it did have the capability to still find a specific waypoint on the forgein world.

When finally arriving, his eyes greeted the new figures of darkness lying motionless in the sky. The skyline was filled with TIEs, ready to proceed with anything that Jasyn requested.

Or so I assume... Za'in thought, the words ringing in his head with a worried tone.

Bringing the best combination of hardened material and interior smuggler designing to the ground, the Eagle cried out it's last cry before it came to the skyline once more. Bringing the repulsorlift to highest level, the ship floated motionless above the ground as he prepared the landing gear. Clicking a few things inside the cockpit, he brought the swoop helm from his head and brought the ship down with his open hand.

Feeling the shattering sensation drill through him as he hit the surface, the sound of a thud rung through his ears, bringing a frown to his face. It wasn't a mechanical injuring landing, the ship was far too strong for that, but it was earth injuring. Their possibly could be a crater welcoming him as he brought his head outside of the cockpit to scan the landscape for Jasyn.

When finally bringing the courage from within to his head, he popped the cockpit door at the ceiling open, bringing his head out. Satisified with the flat land below, he continued on with eyes hitting every grain of sand in the vacinity until he found a silhouette of a humanoid standing ahead.

"Jaysn!" He called.

[ 10-29-2003 10:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Za'in Almar ]

--------------------

"I'm the finest, you know that."-Za'in.

Posts: 62 | From: ://Error 101... | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-29-2003 12:11 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir raised his head.

“My lady, I –“ he started, then stopped, sighing. He struggled for words, and for the strength to say them.

“This is a tremendous loss, and a terrible realization you face. But please listen... You are freed from those who have used you, and would continue to use you. The All is not gone from you, I can sense it within you. Only the ability to wield it has left your grasp.”

He gently stroked her forehead.

“Perhaps you will hate me for what I have caused. But I swear I shall devote my life to you – to protect you, to serve you… to love you if you allow it… and I shall find the means to return command of this power to you.”

He glanced down at the Finger of R’lous.

“The Finger calls to you… we are bound through Sith magick, the two of us. Through me perhaps you may draw upon power to channel. It is yours, if you wish it.”

He closed his eyes and held her trembling head.

“My lady… I did not know…”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.25
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 10-29-2003 01:11 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
From afar I yet watch, scrutinizing the image the pair presents to me there in the swirling mists of the Octahedron. I watch as the Sith stiffens, straightens, falls back against the stone wall; I watch as she awakes, scrabbles to him, takes him and holds him.

He reaches his arms in return to her, holds her face, embraces her.

I cannot hear the words they speak, but I am as sure of what is spoken -- what is thought -- between them as I would be if I yet remained within her essence in guardianship.

"Thank you, my Chosen One," I muse then, smiling to see the tears standing in both their eyes. I see too the bare outline of the Glyph I placed upon her those years ago, see the obvious struggle as she tries to ignite it.

Watch and smile more broadly as I see the failure she confronts.

Ahh, but time is such a wonderful thing, and can present such wonderful paradoxes, paradoxes which can be used most efficiently if one has the ability and the control over them. It was I, after all, who reached out across the aeons to find Her, to place that nugget within her, secure in the knowledge that even as I would die, I would live again, as would my people. This the Octahedron assured me.

I come from a line of Dark Lords of my clan. I am not stupid. The clan leadership must continue, even when brought forth; the clans themselves must as well. Oh, there were those who cried for this thing called "unity;" well do I know how that can never be achieved. The Sith have always been ruled by a Triad.

And they always shall be. This I will do everything in my power to assure. Even to the manipulation of visions amidst the cold and the mist and the swamp. Easy enough it is for a Dark Lord of the Sorcerers....

Easy as well for a Master of Time to see into the past, to the secretive little places where they would meet, scheming and plotting. Easier yet comb the future, to find another whose heart would bind to Hers as swiftly as did hers to the Darth which I foresaw as well.

One to open the ability.

One to shut it down.

I smile at his last words to our conjoined Beast, cut a quick glance inward to where mine now lays in waiting, complete again at last.

"She called to me," he had accused.

How very, very wrong he was....

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.43
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 10-29-2003 05:08 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu had been blasted by a fierce burst of emotion blasted along his psychy into the deepest regions of his mind, worry spread through his mind as he felt a sudden silence in that burst of emotion.

They were trapped in space, unable to pass through the blockade, jharu winced suddenly.

Please take me to my mother!

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 65.237.225.172
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 10-29-2003 09:46 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Ensign reared back from his console, surprise evident upon his features.

"Sir!" he cried out, now reaching out to dance his fingers along his board, homing in on the blip which showed so steadily, and which gave off such a strange signature.

Er, lack of one would be a better way of putting it, he thought as he turned in his seat.

"There is another one of those weird ships out there, Sir. Shall I raise a hail?"

The Officer on Deck came over to him, pursing his lips at this latest event. Not deigning to bend over the younger man's shoulder, he instead came to a halt behind him and looked down his nose at the boards. He studied the blip for a long moment; then....

"Yes, Ensign, that would be the appropriate thing to do at this point in time," he ordered. He silenced then and laced his fingers behind his back, and watched while the ensign put that order into effect.

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 10-29-2003 09:57 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hearing his name, Jasyn whirled, gripping his blaster and aiming it in front of him suspiciously. About that time the distinct sounds of a well-tuned ship finally came into his ears as well, and he could see Almar's ship landed about 100 meters ahead of him, its cockpit extended. Jasyn hesitated for the barest of moments at this, then began towards the ship as quickly as possible, his mind quite made up to take advantage of whatever he could. In only a little bit of time Jasyn reached the hatch of Almar's ship, and he stepped inside.

"Matt and Kelderon have been captured by the Sith," Jasyn said simply. "The Impys have given me the coordinates to the probable destination their captors are taking them, and it's over that mountain range," he continued, giving Almar the coordinates. "And by the way--" he then added, "--the Impys mentioned some areas on planet which their sensors could not read, so you better fly carefully. Who knows what may be out there..."

Jasyn trailed, his eyes turning a bit vague for a moment. Then he continued with, "If you could just get us over the mountain range, we can land and then walk the rest of the way; I don't want to attract attention while we are undetected."

Jasyn paused then, pursing his lips thoughtfully before he added one last thing. "And if you could get us a good sensor reading of the planet while we are in transit...

...that would be most helpful if we ever get to the business of examining those Force-bubbles Kelderon talked about..."

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.157.231.73
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-29-2003 10:18 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She did not know what to do.

She did not know what to say.

She did not know what to feel... other than a trembling admixture of shock and fear, something akin to desperation brought on by a sudden sense of being cut off from the universe.

It was as if she was once at the top of a mighty peak... and had abruptly fallen from it. No; with the knowledge of the true intent of he whom she called her Sire, it was more as if she had been pushed. Yet, strangely enough, she did not feel as if she had struck bottom; something within still struggled, still remained defiant, fighting to remain aloft, to fly....

She opened her mouth. No words came out.

She could only stare into Phalomir's eyes, which grew sharper and clearer as the tears standing in hers finally began to dry. Then she closed them altogether, and reached inside once more--

At least this sort of self-inspection yet remained to her.

--to find the Beast, now somehow gentler, less vicious, although no less alert, crouched within. Its shining pewter eyes were affixed to a flickering mote, which lay shimmering at its feet. Every so often it would raise its lips in a silent snarl, but it made no effort to pinion that mote with its claws. Instead it flexed its claws as would a contented cat, in and out, in and out, and upon occasion would let forth that silent growl.

One interspersed with a whine, equally as silent.

Focus returned to Jharmeen Jhin'Dar Q'utaro as, opening her eyes once more, she found Phalomir's eyes very close to hers. Suddenly she became aware of his hands on her face; she flushed, but didn't move.

She didn't know what to do.

But within, a feeling began to stir. Which one it was, exactly, yet remained to be seen. At the moment she was in no condition to examine it too closely. But its eruption into hesitant life brought with it sudden words, words in seeming non sequiteur but words nevertheless terribly, terribly important.

"I-- I feel so empty... so alone...."

[ 10-29-2003 10:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-29-2003 10:32 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir felt his heart sinking. This sudden sensation, brought forth by the Dark Lady’s words, caught him by total surprise. The only words that formed in his mind – the only words that could form at that moment -- came out of his mouth in a soft whisper.

“You are not alone, my lady. I am here, and I will not leave you...”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05