my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Ides of Mind (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Ides of Mind
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-26-2003 11:54 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She was slammed into from out of nowhere, the impact sending her sprawling to the cold stones of the hidden corridor in which she had been kneeling. A gasp escaped her as she struck the floor, the Claw sparking and scrabbling as her head hit a projecting edge of flagstone. Jagged streaks of lightning filled her universe then and she lay there for an eternal moment, wondering at its powerful beauty.

Then reality returned in the form of grunts and heavy breathing. She groaned but managed to turn her head to the sound; gradually the blur filling her vision sharpened and vague shadows took form.

Her head spinning, she could only lay there in an inelegant heap, and watch as Phalomir and what appeared to be Panthar rolled about together mere meters from where she was, the only parts of her body capable of movement for the moment being her eyes, which widened further with every passing second.

And upon the stony and unfeeling walls the mosses seemed to writhe, as if in homage to something or someone yet unseen.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.43
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 10-26-2003 12:08 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*PSSHK-kktk*

"EE, this is Alpha-trey zero. Complex appears to be large, we are reading lifesigns in the thousands. Be apprised there are, er... places our sensors cannot penetrate, so this reading is in estimation only.

"Actual topographical coordinates of complex are being sent to you. EE, be advised as well that there is a range of low mountains with accompanying foothills in the direct path between your location and that of the complex. We read some peaks topping 3,000 meters, with the majority being forested areas at average elevation of 1300-2200 meters. Our sensors pick up small glaciers at higher elevations; perhaps some passable cols exist in this range.

"If you want to get to that complex, EE, you've got a walk ahead of you."

*Unmistakable sound of a suppressed snicker.*

"This is Imperial scoutship, Alpha-trey zero, returning to flanking duty.

"Out."

*PSSHK-kktk*

[ 10-26-2003 12:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.43
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-26-2003 02:21 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Jharmeen...."

The tendril entered into her being on the merest wisps of memory, as if the sound it carried was that of the tread of the mist upon a quiet pond, and entirely too loud to bear.

She blinked... shook her head, tried to focus on the pair yet rolling and scuffling on the stone floor in front of her.

"...I know not if our thoughts are still bound... But if My mind reaches you now... I need to speak with you... Come to me when you have time..."

Now a gasp dripped from her lips, as that unexpected voice strengthened within her, bringing with it the certainty of who it was who had sent it.

Their Link. In the time since her husband had left in the night, on the eve of his battle with Dark Lord Roan, she had forgotten it; repressed it, pushed it down and deeply away, thinking it unnecessary as each visit to that gnarltree grove on Dagobah had seemed to assure her....

Blinking again, she tossed her hair from her eyes and propped herself up on her elbows. On her forehead the Glyph began to raven; part of her tensed with the conviction that its radiance would be immediately followed by another red blast from Phalomir; or would it yet be directed at her from the body of the other one? She raised herself up a bit higher, freeing a hand to grasp the rounded end of the odd device Phalomir had given her, somehow startled that it very much did hang upon her thrimm where she had thought she had placed it.

A final niggle....

"I shall wait as long as need be... But please Jharmeen... Come to me one last time..."

A growl rent the air of the corridor, joining with the noises made by the grappling pair, coming from somewhere deep within her throat. Within, the Beast's eyes glinted, a massive paw rushed down to squelch a tiny spark which dared try to flicker into life before it.

A spark representing what... something. A feeling. Emotion?

Which?

And for who?

Light from the dismal sconces marring the walls gleamed from her suddenly bared teeth, and she found herself on her feet and rising. Then she remained still, her face ranging like a hunting animal, seeking, sensing, half ignoring the fighting pair, yet all the while keeping a wary eye upon them.

The Beast, sensing victory of a sort, threw back its head and yowled again, for the barest of moments losing command of its eternal, internal realm. From without its razored toes there came the barest flicker of light; it flew along the Link like a moth following a flame.

And far away and to somewhere else came a single, albeit coolly issued word.

"Recinis."

[ 10-26-2003 02:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.43
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 10-26-2003 02:37 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir tumbled to the floor and rolled to his feet. The human had regained consciousness, and was also rising to his feet. Phalomir blinked, realizing that the person standing before him was Panthar Dantares – or the body of Panthar anyway. The last time he had seen this body was back at the complex in the mountains of Khar Delba, in what he had thought was the hidden lab of his father, Trelanicus. But he had since learned that Trelanicus was not his father, and all of the memories of his childhood were false.

And the sentience inside the human before him had something to do with it.

Phalomir growled deeply and glared at the human, inhabited by his “friend” Thoran.

“Phalomir,” said the man. “We meet again so soon.”

The voice was different, somehow reminding Phalomir of someone other than Thoran. He thought hard – the stranger in the temple!

“You are not Thoran,” he said. “Who ARE you? Where is Thoran?”

The man frowned. “Thoran is sleeping. He -- underestimated -- the powers of the force user. That shall not happen again. But as for you, my old friend, I know your abilities well, and I shall delight in taking my revenge upon you.”

The man glanced behind Phalomir and smiled widely. “And I shall take it now.”

In an instant the man twisted his body sideways and jumped to the wall of the mossy hallway at an incredible. He seemed to walk up the wall, bringing a hand up and blasting Phalomir with a blast of bright white energy. Phalomir yelped as he was hit full force by the blast and was sent flying backwards several feet, sprawling backwards on the damp ground. He shook his head and jumped to his feet, sending a blast of his own back at the man as he lighted to the ground. The energy caught the human in the chest, but the blast seemed to simply enter the man and disappear. The brief moment of confusion was enough to keep Phalomir from noticing the air next to his head whirl as a small portal opened. The blast of energy emerged from the portal and smacked into Phalomir’s chest, knocking him to the wall.

Phalomir tried to stand, but the force from the last blast was too great. He stumbled back and leaned against the moss covered wall. The man smiled again.

“You cannot defeat me, I know you too well. And now, my old friend, you shall watch her die.”

Phalomir glanced to the area the man’s eyes were staring. His face went a pale red as he saw the Dark Lady struggling to her feet. She was suddenly everything to him, all of his thoughts focusing on her… all… he could not defeat this man alone, and he was sure she could not as well, but together… with the Finger, which she held in her hand.

“My lady!” he cried, forcing his legs to move. He picked up speed, and reached her just as another blast of energy slammed into him. He focused on the Dark Lady and reached her, grabbing her arm. Her eyes seemed distant, her teeth were bared.

“We can only defeat this being together. I send you my magick, channel it with your All Force…”

Without another word he wrapped his hand around hers over the grip of the Finger and sent all of his remaining energy into her. He fell to his knees, still gripping her hand, and struggled to keep awake.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.96.164
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-26-2003 02:55 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Again there came a dimly uttered noise, a small sound, one as though issued from a great distance. It bore into her ears, into her mind, seeking somewhere deep within her with an urgency she felt very well but at the moment could only observe with a certain cold objectivity.

Her focus was on the Link, to another place, taken for the moment by another being.

Yet cold and distant as well.

It was the Beast who saved... well, perhaps not her, not Recinis, not anyone at all. Not intentionally, at least. It threw back it's massive head and let out a great, ripping snarl, sending its talons rending through Graysith's torso in a strange form of incorporeal reality, reaching outward in one final instinctive thrust to save...

Itself.

Directly ahead, a human fell back before the onrush of sweeping claws, claws unseen and weirdly enough, unfelt, though not undeadly...

...while far away and elsewhere, another Sith fell back as hot air blasted across his face, and something strong and unyielding formed from thin air to send him flying from his perch to land, face down, amidst the leaf-strewn dirt all about him.

Redness gradually faded from her eyes. Her breathing returned to something approaching normal. She cast her eyes down to her hand with a calmness entirely out of proportion to the situation, and gave short speculation to the red-skinned fingers now grasping her there.

Hands of a Sith.

Now she let her eyes rise up to meet his, eyes somewhat unfocused as their owner struggled to gain his feet, to reacquaint himself with alertness. They paused but once in that rising to take in the quiet form laying as if glued to the mosses of the corridor. Even as she watched more green, fuzzy tentacles of it reached out, laying root in the pores of pale and vein-traced skin of one arm.

She watched that cold progress with a coldness of her own, before allowing her gaze to continue along its former course, finally ending in a sea of vibrant green.

She had seen green eyes such as this before, indeed.

She used to drown in them.

So in silence, she merely waited again, just to see what the tide would carry in upon it.

[ 10-26-2003 02:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-26-2003 03:16 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir’s head swam, but he remained focused on the Dark Lady before him. He felt drained. Yet by losing himself in her eyes he felt the strength try to return to him slowly. A set of realizations came to him and suddenly the events of the day, even the situation around him, seemed to matter nothing. Without thinking, his hand went gently to her face.

“My lady… I… Are you injured?” he asked softly.

His vision swam once more, but he staggered only slightly.

“I need you,” he whispered. “I can no longer deny my feelings, and I no longer care of my past and unknown future. My only concerns are my feelings for you.”

Not able to focus on the Dark Lady’s reaction, he threw caution to the wind and continued.

“My lady,” he said quietly. “I pray to all that is sacred that there is some small spark of love left within you -- a small seed. I wish dearly to find that seed and nurture it, my lady. I want to grow it, to see it sprout within you and ease your pain and loneliness. You need someone to understand you, to serve you, to love you – and be loved by you. I wish above all that I could be that person.”

His vision grew dark and he felt his legs grow weak.

“My lady, the burdens placed upon you are great, and you should not bear them alone. Please, allow me into your life…”

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-26-2003 03:34 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Her head whirled with thoughts, memories of this thing every sentient being the universe over sought so dearly, this thing so few every truly found....

Cool eyes of turquoise enveloping her as hands enveloped her face, an essence filling her every niche as something strong and dark and compelling rushed in to take her....

Cooler eyes of gentle green, eyes bearing this thing as a gift, yet eyes belonging to one who took that gift with him as he left, which in turn made the rending from her being of that remaining thing something having not needing much in the way of consideration....

The cooling body of a tiny sprite, a living thing formed of herself and Recinis, formed in the light of this thing, and left to the dark defended by it only....

Eyes anything but cool for the ardor within them, the vehemence through which they spoke, offering her yet again this thing so many had offered, and she had so many times taken.

Only to lose it.

Again and again and again.

She shuddered.

Once.

The Beast let out a deafening blast, one blinding her to the truth in Phalomir's words, letting her only see the past pathways along which such words had travelled.

And to what ends.

She stared at him, fighting.

Her lips trembled.

Then, taking her cloak about herself in the only defense she really knew, she turned to depart back to the only love she ever felt she would ever really hold.

That for the Sith, and the life to which they had been restored.

The final caterwaul of her inner being deafening her as well to the tentative "Jharmeen?" which echoed along the link she yet maintained, only to fade into silence.

Unanswered.

[ 10-26-2003 03:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-26-2003 03:46 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir watched her turn, his vision cloudy. She was backing away, running from him. Again. Always the same... Yet he sensed… no, he KNEW there was something there, something unrelenting within her…

He staggered forward and grabbed her, gently turning her to face him.

“Do not run from me, my lady,” he said. “I cannot bear it again. Don’t you see? I am incomplete without you. As you are without me… Sith magick is the one hand. The All is the other hand. Together, hand in hand, we are complete. The Sith need you, my lady – but The Sith need me as well – and I need you.”

From deep inside her he felt the claws of some unseen beast rake at him – the beast which he had encountered before at the door to her mind? Was this what was blocking him? Keeping her in the pain she bore? He felt strength return to him, and grim determination enveloped him.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-26-2003 04:54 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stood in his grasp, staring into his eyes, not seeing them there, nor really feeling his hold upon her. Lost, she was; lost and bit by bit sinking down into a great and vast whirlpool which in the moving somehow compressed down to a mere pinhole in size.

A pinhole which flickered and brightened, striving to burst into flame.

Nothing.

Another set of eyes suddenly swam into her vision, a pair the color of freshly extruded lava, heated and fiery and the most powerful she had ever seen.

They seemed to be watching her from somewhere. They seemed to be...

Smiling.

She shuddered again as strength flowed in from an unseen source, and straightened in Phalomir's hands. Whatever spark there was yet within her, whatever that spark might possibly represent, was squelched into obscurity by the swooping of a massive paw, the deep rumble of vicious satisfaction.

With a strange kind of objectivity, as if she suddenly was removed from herself and could view the proceedings from the dim eyes of the one still adhered to the mossy wall, she stared up at the Sith, meeting his heat with steady coolness, like the splash of water which ultimately would douse any flame.

Objectively, too, was how she suddenly found herself viewing past incidents, past memories, past loves and pains.

It was as if they didn't even matter to her any longer.

Nothing mattered to her any longer, other than the destiny for which she had been chosen. And the one which she had then chosen for herself.

Unspeaking, she stood there, strangely cold and aloof and silent, and simply....

Waited.

[ 10-26-2003 04:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-26-2003 05:38 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Very well, my lady," he said cooly. "Nothing matters to me save a life with you, and if that is not within my reach... yet I sense it is. If only you were allowed to see beyond your beast..."

Phalomir straightened a little, staring into her eyes. "The beast..."

He felt his power rising, and for the first time since his initial visit to K'eel Doba he let his spirit come forth and wander. He allowed it to follow the link he still shared with the Dark Lady and sent it into her being. His body stiffened, while his spirit glided along with but one goal -- to seek out the beast within her.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.108.217
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-26-2003 06:52 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's eyes were wide with wonder...

...and something else entirely as Phalomir disappeared with Thoran in the body of Panthar Dantares. She wasn't particularly worried about the towering Sith...

...oh no. For here they had risked their very lives to go after him, only for him to then blow them off.

And why was it that it was necessary to follow after Thoran at this point in time? Why had he left them behind to whatever fate awaited them here, and with no explanation whatsoever?

Shayla's eyes darkened, and something flickered deeply in their depths as she whirled quickly on her heel to face Panthar. Her eyes slitted even as she spoke her next words. "We are being used my friend; used as pawns in a game which your buddy Phalomir is determined to win."

Shayla fell silent, her eyes growing impossibly darker. "I'd be surprised if he so much as thinks about us again, especially if he gains what he seeks to from Thoran."

She paused at that then, her eyes defocusing and turning vague at the mention of Thoran's name.

Somehow, even though he was gone, she could still feel him deeply within herself...

She shuddered at the thought, knowing that along the remainders of that link she had was the ice of something horribly evil.

But was that evil of Thoran or of something else? Or was it of someone else?

"You know..." she started then suddenly but extremely quietly. "I'm not so sure we should continue upon this quest any longer...

...not unless we are all ready to face something or someone entirely evil and deadly..."

[ 10-26-2003 06:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.231.73
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 10-26-2003 08:34 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn scowled blackly at his wristcomm as the Impys final few statements slammed home.

Quite a walk indeed...

...mountains, foothills, glaciers...

...oh how he hated the cold.

His scowl became impossibly blacker, and he couldn't help but raise the wristcomm to his lips to make a returning statement. "Well, I fully intend to get to that complex, and unless someone happens to give me a lift, walking is the only option I have left..."

...isn't it? came the final mental addendum.

Saying nothing more then Jasyn began walking towards the remainders of the Vindicator, his thoughts set upon getting some equipment and rations out of the wreckage before he headed onward. Only a few minutes later he began heading off, a pack on his back, towards the coordinates the Imperials had given him. And about that time one final little black thought prompted Jasyn to lift his wristcomm once more. This time he dialed in the frequency for Za'in Almar and uttered one highly irritated statement.

"Where the kriffing hell are you Almar? I could really use a lift about now..."

[ 10-26-2003 08:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.157.231.73
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-27-2003 04:17 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stiffened as Phalomir's spirit entered into her being along the link she had created between them. A part of her instinctively tried to withdraw as that gentle yet urgent intrusion slowly but determinedly filled the passageways of her essence, even as another part, hunkered deeply and far away, reached out arms to welcome its presence there.

She felt a strange anticipation... and an even stranger dread. Her eyes widened, stared unseeing past Phalomir's shoulder; her jaw dropped and softly whispered words issued from her lips as if uttered by a voice entirely alien to her, words suddenly and strangely non sequiteur, issued belatedly as if having been prevented from being spoken at an earlier, more appropriate time:

"What do you need in me, Phalomir?"

That small voice silenced then as another and far more overpowering one roared out from even greater depths within her psyche, that roar a challenge and defiant proclamation and dire promise all rolled up into one great and fetid blast.

From that hidden place, the Beast hunkered in a predatory crouch, its paw curled tightly about something, and stared flat-eyed upon its pewter world, a world into which a shining echo of green now presented itself.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-27-2003 09:34 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir’s spirit walked within the chambers of the Dark Lady’s mind, feeling her essence and wishing never to depart. A defiant growl rising from the depths of her being suddenly made him wonder if he indeed ever would, but he also knew that such thoughts must be pushed aside.

He found himself in a dimly lit hall, strangely colored eyes peering at him from the darkness.

“I need her,” he called out. “The Sith need her. Us.”

There was no response.

“I am typically not a patient man, but for this – for her – I will stay here forever. Speak with me, know me. Please…”

There was a slight movement in the darkness before him.

“Parts of my past are still a mystery, but I feel this more strongly than anything I remember. I have the power of the sorcerers, of the armorers, and of the warriors, and I have Sith magick flowing through me. Yet I feel so incomplete – she is the only solace I take. She has accepted the channeler, and through it my powers and hers may combine and rule the Sith through the storm which I somehow feel is approaching.”

He paused.

“She is the Chosen Daughter, yet has hinted to me of lost love and feelings of betrayal. Know this, I give my life freely to her – to you, if necessary – that if ever I betrayed her then my life be forfeit, for surely to do her harm would mean my life be over. Every fiber of my being, my soul, cries out for her.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.31
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 10-27-2003 11:27 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar turned to Shayla to speak, but as he opened his mouth he lost track of anything that was going to come out. Panthar was at a total loss of what to say. He scratched his head and turned around, coming face to face with the tuk’ata – which looked almost… sad? Face tendrils gently rose to play at Panthar’s temple and cheeks.

“Yeah,” he Panthar. “This is one messed up cluster nugget of a stink hole. Where the hell do we go from here?”

As if in response, the tuk’ata dropped its tendrils and turned towards the temple opening. It entered, then turned again to stick its head out, looking directly at Panthar and then to Shayla. It whined and turned again, disappearing into the temple.

Panthar looked at Shayla.

“Um… Do we follow it? I don’t really want to become monster chow, but I think maybe it would have done that already. What do you think?”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.31
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-27-2003 11:40 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Enter you shall...

The words echoed in Shayla's mind even as the tuk'ata continued to look from her to Panthar and back. An involuntary little shiver then swept over her as she recalled the images the tuk'ata's thoughts had inspired in her. She folded her arms then against herself as if trying to push away the cold. Her greeny-blue eyes remained distant.

"I..."

"...I don't think we have a choice. Enter we must..."

She trailed.

...but at what price...?

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.231.73
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-27-2003 11:45 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It came from the shadowy recesses, large and hulking, its very aura glimmering and shining, claws scraping and drool hanging from fangs which gnashed and gnawed upon the air -- if indeed there was air here at all -- a guardian of mythical proportions, abilities anything but a myth. It stalked up to where Phalomir stood and came to a halt, cocking its massive head to one side and pinning him with a glowering look... which was odd in that its eyes were lidded and closed.

Upon one raking claw was likewise pinned a small and feebly flickering ember.

It just stood there then, pointing those closed eyes and panting heavily. Suddenly it threw back its head and released a deafening roar. The sound rolled off the corridors of Graysith's mind like a tsunami, reverberating and crashing, the energies combining with itself in magnification until it seemed to Phalomir that he was being buffeted by winds of nearly hurricane strength.

The Beast opened its eyes to see the results.

They were a vivid and magmatic fire in the otherwise dark shadow of his face.

"Prr-rroof..." it snarled, then fell silent, its bearing expressing a steadily growing kind of satisfied anticipation.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-27-2003 12:17 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir closed his eyes against the winds, but stood his ground. He remained focused on his feelings, his purpose. His body was weak outside, but his spirit was as strong as it had ever been, and he dug in with all his might.

Soon the winds – and the roar – subsided. The beast looked down at Phalomir, seemingly expecting him to withdraw or cower. Instead, Phalomir met the beast’s glare with a defiant stare of his own.

Phalomir noticed the small ember glowing under the beast's paws and narrowed his eyes.

"What do you hide from me? What do you fear from me? I had hoped you were here to protect, to serve the Dark Lady,” Phalomir said slowly and deliberately. “I had hoped to convince you of my intentions and make peace with you. I believe my hopes were in vain, yet I cling to them. But know this, beast, that I have little left to live for, knowing that my life must be intertwined with hers.”

Phalomir felt energy flowing though his spirit. A large blade appeared in his right hand, and a shield in his left. A red glow softly covered his body.

“And I will do what I must.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.31
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 10-27-2003 12:30 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar shrugged.

“Yeah, well. I guess as an archeologist I should be excited about entering this temple. The problem is, as a living being I am really less than thrilled.”

He sighed and turned to the ship. He waved to Erik, as if waving goodbye.

“Maybe he should stay there, you think?”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.31
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-27-2003 12:32 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I have watched this one long enough.

From the secret haven of my Inner Sanctum, through the insidious eye of the Crystal Octahedron, have I watched this One, unbeknownst to him, unbeknownst to my Chosen Son, to my kith and my kin.

Unbeknownst to Her.

For years have I watched them as they come, finally entering herein with their gifts and their promises. There was only one other I could not watch... and He was that which enabled, in the long run, for me to watch again.

But now the time to watch is over.

A particular seed has been planted in Her being, one nurtured into growth by that one other, one sought after by yet others, and one which none other may pluck.

Ever.

The molecules of her essence swirl and coalesce, narrowing the fearsome image I have used for so very long, compressing and shrinking it until at length I stand before him in the representation of my true form, quietly clasping my hands in the imagery about me, imagery half of Her own design, half of mine.

Before too lengthy a time has passed, designs of my own shall indeed come into being. This I have foreseen.

I smile at his surprise, his shock. Now would be the time to attack, but I do not act in this manner. There is, after all, something of honor within me.

"You cannot win in this," I say to him, my manner offhand, my toe wiggling aside to reveal something helpless beneath it. It lets out a stray shard of light even as I increase pressure upon it.

My eyes glow with volcanic fire. Images of years flow around us, images of her and all that has happened which has led up to this one exquisite point.

I smile broadly, and wait, spreading my arms out to either side of me.

[ 10-27-2003 12:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.43
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-27-2003 01:01 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir recovered from his surprise.

“I do not know you personally, Lord Aelvedaar, but know that I respect your title, and you.”

Phalomir’s eyes narrowed once more.

“But I also bear the mark of the Sorcerers. And more. You have brought the Sith from the depths of destruction to where they are today, and you are honored. But I claim the right to lead them into the future. I do not challenge your title, only your hold upon Jharmeen; your denial of her freedom. She thinks she has chosen her course freely, but she has not, has she? Free her, let her decide.”

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-27-2003 01:11 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla turned and gazed towards the hovering Sith transport, a chill still settling in upon her. Almost immediately, she heard him, the tone in his one word much more than simply worried.

Shayla...?

She hesitated, then replied, drawing all the strength within herself as she did so. I need you at my back, I need you as my strength. Somehow I know I must face whatever lies ahead...

He never responded to this...

...not verbally anyway. Instead he reached out with the Force, his aura somehow enveloping within her own. She closed her eyes but for a moment.

Thank you. I love you.

And with nothing more than that, Shayla opened her eyes once more, all worry and dread carefully hidden away far within her psyche as she looked one final time to Panthar.

"He will keep watch for us," she said simply, and with no furthur ado she followed the tuk'ata inside the grand Temple through widing passageways, unheeding to whether Panthar was following her. At length they came to a grand stairway which spiraled downward and downward til it stopped at a grand entrance decorated with Sith runes and writing. Shayla glanced back a moment in hesitation, then looked once more to the large wooden doors.

Something...something was pulling her inside there...

And with that she simply reached a long-fingered hand out, pushing one of the great doors open and entering quietly therein. The room which she found herself was a circular one ringed with glowing candles, much like a couple of other rooms she recalled in her past. But Shayla didn't recall ever being in this one room before...

...or did she...?

Almost on instinct, Shayla stepped into the center of the room, closing her eyes and sensing outward with the Force, wondering just what may have brought her to this place. And it was in that moment it happened...

...and a link quieted only moments before seemed to spark into strange life. In her mental mind's eye, Shayla saw nothing but black...

...and in the center of that black nothingness she saw a red-skinned Sith, his hand beckoning to her as it had once in a memory she still could not place. The pull on her soul became increasingly greater...

...and the image of the Sith shifted to that of a man, of Panthar Dantares.

Thoran...? Shayla whispered in surprise, though whether she did so aloud or simply in her mind she was uncertain...

...not that it mattered. For in that moment the pull through that link became even greater til at length Shayla could barely contain it. Eyes still closed, she reached both hands to her temples and shut her lids tighter, fighting against the sudden grip something had upon her mind. She reached for the Force to pour healing energies into herself, and the weight subsequently began to subside, bringing her a moments release in which she relaxed her stance a bit.

But then something reached out once more and grabbed her, the image of Panthar aka Thoran returning to her mind's eye. And in that agonizing moment the lights in the circular room flickered and Shayla screamed, her body then turning to jelly as she fell to the floor completely unconscious.

[ 10-27-2003 01:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-27-2003 01:24 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I smile at his blatant naivete.

"Oh, but I am afraid she does indeed not have any choice in the matter at all, my dear young sorcerer."

My smile broadens. The shard of light flickers as if in protest, but not very hard. It recognizes the essence within her, if only on a deeply subconscious level.

It has done so all along, after all.

My smile broadens. One hand makes a movement, bringing the sorcery I bear into play. This One may be strong, may hold the claims to the clans, but he is not the one who has implemented the return of our people. He is not the one with the strength to reach through the ages, to find the One central to our return.

I am.

"One Son shall rule, my dear boy," I whisper, pulling back a bit as an image of my dear Ayelmaar forms from the neurons in her brain, taking form and substance even here, filling her mind and her essence, shrouding down around this Sith to whom, I admit, I must give grudging admiration.

Not just anyone would have gotten this far. But the question now arises: having gotten this far, has he the ability, the strength, to not only return to reality, to backtrack...

...but to act upon his rash words, to continue trying to lay his claim, to finalize that which would give it to him?

I smile yet more broadly.

I think not.

"Others claimed Her, others tried to hold Her heart... and still she allows one to remain within Her, throughout it all."

My hand waves to one side; the image of Ayelmaar slowly fades.

"The Beast is not merely I... it is a joining of sorts, my dear young man. But of course, you have already guessed this. If not, your having this knowledge is of no threat to me.

"The Beast... Her Beast... our Beast... protects more than you would know. And these humans are so frail in their emotions, quite often not really being able to discern one from another.

Here, let me show you."

I step back fractionally, even while a slight flick of one finger opens something within her mind. An image reveals itself:

A flame-haired vision, her face tight with determination, her slender, pale hand holding the rock which rises and falls, rises and falls, up and down again and again and again until the white-haired skull beneath it lies lifeless in a pool of slowly coagulating blood.

I smile, let the vision fade.

"She is aware of this, but only on a superficial level. The true emotional impact of this has been suppressed, held here, safely tucked away."

I wiggle my booted foot once again for emphasis.

"Would you have her go mad?"

The smile fades from my lips. I straighten, clasp my hands afront myself, let them lay quietly against the richness of my robes of estate, even while my eyes seem to flicker from magma to pewter, iron to fire, back and forth, back and forth....

[ 10-27-2003 01:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.43
Za'in Almar

Member # 490

posted 10-27-2003 11:20 PM     Profile for Za'in Almar   Author's Homepage   Email Za'in Almar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Laying motionless in his seat, he stared forward, hearing the roar of the ships repulsorlift hum him to a drone state. His compusre had changed severly since the beginning of the lift to the heavens, slowly becoming more tired and sleepy. He hadn't managed to hold any sense of tranquility out the time though, not enough to fall asleep atleast, ever irritated by the shadows casted by the land.

It wasn't a place he was interested overall in terrian either, though their was a possibility that resources for smuggling would be useful. It wasn't a planet on the mapping so anything could be down there...

Replaying all the thoughts of his first shipment as a smuggler over again in his mind he felt them suddenly blast into oblivion as the alerting beep came from his nav. board. Pulling his hand up from the side of his seat, he pushed at the button activating the message.

Listening as Jasyn irritively spoke, a grin grew on his face. It seemed the frequency also triggered a location to the ol' brown-eyed man. Staring down at the screen as it uploaded the area on the surface Jasyn was in, he pulled his head activating the comm. unit on the nav. board. Entering the frequency with his free hand, he began with his message.

"I'll be there as fast as I can rich-boy." The dark skinned smuggler chuckled. "Just hold onto those credits of your's youngling."

Leaning back in his seat, he deactivated the communication device and began with the movement toward the location that was given by his auto-slicing response. Heading forward, he moved through all the obstacles, coming closer and closer to the waypoint.

--------------------

"I'm the finest, you know that."-Za'in.

Posts: 62 | From: ://Error 101... | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 10-28-2003 07:35 AM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn glared at his wrist-comm as he heard Za'in's reply.

Rich boy??? Who did this kid think he was? Granted, he was a fairly well-off employee of Eagle Enterprises, but he was no millionare, was no Aaron Barnes. Certainly was no Terrin Danner...

That little thought prompted a different sort of dark look deep in Jasyn's eyes.

Maybe he didn't want a lift from this Za'in fellow after all...

Looking up from his wristcomm then, Jasyn lifted a hand to his eyes to block the sun, gazing at the terrain ahead of him. He hadn't been on the move for long, but even then he was beginning to see snow-capped mountains far in the distance, prompting him to shiver a bit just at the thought of just how cold and inhospitable that particular area probably was.

Kriffing hell, if he wanted to hide someone in the last place anyone would ever think of or dare go, somewhere like that mountain range would be the it. A place almost entirely inhospitable...

...and extremely difficult to even pass through in one piece. Someone could get themselves killed trying to pass through there...

Pursing his lips at this thought, Jasyn paused his walking to raise his wristcomm to his lips, once more flipping the frequency back to the Imperials. It was probably highly unlikely, but then that was the very reason he had to ask. "Any signs of life in that mountain region ahead of me?" he queried, falling silent then as his mind continued to spin with thoughts and ideas.

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.157.231.73

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05