my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Home, sweet home. (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Home, sweet home.
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 09-19-2002 02:46 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn listened to the influx of information now coming into his psyche, his look turning vague to mask the frown that would otherwise come spreading across his features.

I think Captain Danner would want to know about this, he replied. As he would mostly certainly want to assist.

With that Shawn stood, excusing himself from the others, not really explaining where he was going or what he was doing.

He was no strategist. He hadn't a clue how they'd deal with other than they'd most likely need a solid All-user to face off Roan if that was necessary...

[ 09-19-2002 02:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 09-19-2002 03:01 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin was still completely dead to the world when someone rudely interrupted him from his sleep. It was a good thing he was holding the baby; if not he might have punched Shawn square in the nose.

Of course those Jedi reflexes of his might have spared him...

Terrin grinned at that thought, directing his blue eyes into Shawn's greeny-blues, his daughter all the while beginning to stir in his arms.

Terrin froze as he recognized the depth of seriousness in Shawn's look.

"What's wrong, Petrolu?"

At that, Shawn filled him in on all of the information regarding Galen, as well as of what she was now intending to do, and of the presence of Roan on Kamino.

Terrin's senses snapped to alert. "There's no time to waste. Roan will sense her presence immediately, I know he will.

"And there are only about a couple of people out there that I know of that have it in them to face Roan, and only one person who has the ultimate power to defeat him. I'm ready and willing to leave this very moment to assist but I also know..."

He paused a moment, the very idea of Roan getting his claws on Galen making him shudder. Then he continued.

"...Galen ultimately needs the help of her sister, Graysith. She holds the Claw of S'slan, and can defeat Roan. Perhaps your own sister would be of assistance as well. There isn't a moment to lose."

At that Terrin quieted, knowing that Shawn would deliver this message along the link he shared with Lord Aelvedaar, beyond worried about this sudden and very real threat to Galen's life.

[ 09-19-2002 03:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 09-19-2002 03:04 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn nodded, sending this information back along the link he held with Aelvedaar.

Indeed Graysith and Shayla will be needed. And perhaps Lord Recinis as well. I am also willing to assist, as is Captain Danner. But he adamantly states that Graysith will probably be the only one with the ultimate ability to face Roan, with the Claw of S'slan....

...and I know without the shadow of a doubt that he is right...

[ 09-19-2002 03:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-19-2002 11:44 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It came from somewhere very, very far away, somehow as a meteor streaking into their world, heading dead-on course for an impact but one which was in this case quiet and polite but very real nevertheless....

Graysith blinked, opening her eyes. For a moment all was blurred in front of them; she blinked again, bringing the image of Recinis's closed pair into detailed focus in front of her, wondering what had managed to reach into the unparalleled state of being she had been sharing with him to thus seduce her from this union...

...and Aelvedaar's quite bass voice came into her being. His words were brief, and to the point. And through her permanent link with her husband and Lord, flowed into his essence as well.

She allowed herself the luxury of sighing at the interruption, then focused on Recinis again. His eyes were still closed, yet somehow she could sense a deep... disappointment coming from his soul.

Then she sat up, his arms still about her, all thought of herself put aside before the impact of the meteor which had just divided their world. She shivered a bit, not wanting just yet to get to her feet, to dress and depart... yet knowing time was of the essence.

So she just took a couple seconds more, to sigh gently, and to snuggle against the strength now flowing into her from her Lord. Strength she knew she needed, depended on. For odds spoke of the assurety that she would once more face Roan... and that was a prospect she was not in the least bit happy about.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-20-2002 12:02 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis opened his eyes slowly, not wanting to face the reality that had suddenly interupted their quite union. He smiled, almost sadly at her, before turning that smile into one of joy, for he knew not even this could truly sever their union. slowly he stood, taking her up with him he held her closly for a moment, kissing her softly he nodded...

For he was A dark lord, and she the chosen daughter, not to mention the Lady of the warrior clan... They had other duties to fulfil, besides the union which each so wanted to continue uninterupted...but such things had to be placed in priority, he knew that this was of great importance.

Dressing quickly soon they were off, arm in arm, both caring a regal aura about them, both indeed carying themselves in that special manor which simbolized the importance of their duties...

And so they went, ready to fulfil thier duties, ready to face what lay ahead, together... Always together...

Soon they arrived in the pressence of Lord aelvedaar.
Recinis diped his head slightly "greetings lord aelvedaar-" pausing a moment to think he added in two more words "-my brother..."

as they stood there recinis mind went to work, thinking on possible scenarios...working out possible plans of action towards this new potential threat...indeed, Roan was one to be dealt with, and Galan was in need of help, whether she realized it or not.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.64
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-20-2002 12:12 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin stood, still holding his daughter, and paced back and forth a bit, the wheels in his brain working almost on auto-pilot as he thought of possibilities.

Well, lessee...

Just because Roan is on Kamino doesn't mean he knows Galen is there yet. If you go in, you can't just go in blasting. There will have to be some stealth. No need to clue Roan in to Galen's presence, or any of your own party for that matter, if it can be avoided. And then there's the matter of what to do if Roan does find out Galen is there before you get there...

Terrin frowned. For that you have Graysith and the Claw. So that's covered.

Or is it?

Terrin froze, suddenly dropping his blue gaze into that of his daughters'. Oh no. No way. No KRIFFING way! Galen has been told that Darra is SAFE, no WAY are you gonna use her for this, she is just a baby, and bringing her to Kamino would be like handing her right over to Roan...

Terrin considered further. After all, you thought yourself that Galen had something to defend herself against him...

...but then, what if you are wrong? And what if, even if Galen has some strength to deal with this, Darra's input would help her even further?

Terrin had to just stop all thought processes for a moment. Too many things were flying around in his brain for him to make a clear cut decision. All the while he simply looked into those big blue eyes peering up at him.

Blue eyes which all but read "What's the matter, Dad?"

At that moment Terrin decided that, unless Graysith seemed to think it was absolutely necessary, there was just no way he could place Darra into this sort of danger. Gods only knew what Roan was doing off at that cloner's world; Terrin didn't want to bring Darra along so that Roan could even possibly get his claws on her.

Only if it was an absolute must.

And a silent little voice seemed to point out that, Yes indeedy, Graysith has the Claw of S'slan.

Turning to Shawn, Terrin related his thoughts to him. Then, motioning Shawn to take the lead, Terrin followed him from the suites to the where Shawn sensed Aelvedaar, all the while knowing time was short...

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-20-2002 12:20 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was snuggled into the warmth of Erik's embrace when a niggle from somewhere suddenly burst their bubble of togetherness, intruding upon their time. She frowned, knowing exactly what this meant.

There was trouble, and she was needed.

She turned to Erik, related as much to him, then proceeded to get up and get dressed, finishing off her black jumpsuit with her usual purple cloak. Then, extending a hand out to Erik, she began to walk to corridors of the Temple with him, heading for that place where she sensed some others gathering.

"You should stay here, you know," she pointed out. "Sith stuff again. And you might be needed with your flying abilities."

Erik nodded in understanding, but Shayla sensed he was a little glum. She turned and wrapped her arms about his neck. "We wed when I return, K?"

He smiled a bit and kissed her, then she once again took one hand and began heading forward once more. She didn't let an ounce of her concern show on her face.

She had a feeling something dark was about to occur...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 09-20-2002 01:01 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I send my molten gaze around the small group now assembled before me, each one restraining something of themselves in light of the destiny growing stronger before them, as does a pod-racer whose engine is racing before ignition is applied and it shoots off from the starting line. Each one, giving up something of themselves to come to the call. Not the slightest bit of hesitation in the entire lot, with one sole exception:

I now turn my eyes into the somewhat cautious ones of Captain Danner. "Still your fears, the child is not to be sent to the aid of her mother," I say succinctly. "For if battle should indeed be brought to the fore, her place is here where she may remain safe from harm."

Now the thought of what might lie ahead crosses my mind, and I make a brief indication that all make themselves comfortable. Hesitation now erupts in all; so eager are they to meet and destroy the foe! But wars are not won by the soldiers alone... it is the strategies and plans laid by the generals which, in the end, make the difference between winning or losing.

When all have taken a seat about the Dining Hall, for again it is here I have chosen to meet them, I speak. My words are brief but to the point.

"Galen Danner has met with Sorben Tarnus, presumably to somehow coerce him into bringing her to where Roan would have taken her daughter, had he actually laid his hands upon her. Now knowing that her child is safe, she has for some reason taken it upon herself to rescue the child of her sister."

For a moment I glance over to where Graysith sits with the new Dark Lord; an empathetic smile flits across my face as I clearly feel the pain these words have caused to erupt in her. Shaking that off, I turn back to the group as a whole.

"Sorben has taken her to Kamino; and I have indeed felt the presence of Roan there... as well as the darkness of another unknown. I fear to think what is being plotted on that world... but I need to caution that fears are not the best of foundations from which to lay battle plans. Speculation and supposition can lead one down the wrong path, and lead to a victorious foe.

"We must determine what it is Roan is up to on that planet, and somehow assist Galen in reaching her goal. For as of this moment, I cannot use the All to bring her here; she wishes too strongly to bring her niece out of Roan's grasp.

"We cannot rush into this blindly, for when we arrive it will be with great difficulty. I can take you all to wherever Galen should be at the time... but remember she may herself be in hiding, and we would not want to draw untoward attention to either her or ourselves.

"Indeed, we must think of all angles before rushing off to save the wife of Captain Danner... as well as think carefully as to how we might bring back Graysith's child. Remember the failure at the Valley of Lords.

"Suggestions, anyone?"

I pause, and then slowly take a seat. Though I hope we can get to the heart of the matter quickly, something tells me we may be in for a very long discussion indeed....

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-20-2002 01:21 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What precisely was that slimy Sith doing on the world of Kamino?

Hell, what did anyone go to that place for? It wasn't the sort of place you could just look up on a map and head for.

"Hi, my name is So-and-so, I'd like a clone army, do you mind cooking up a batch?"

Something in Terrin cringed at that thought, knowing full well that a clone army had once been made on the world of Kamino, supposedly for the Old Republic. The idea wasn't very comforting.

And the newly developing idea in his brain regarding what Roan would want on the cloner's world left little to be desired.

"He's out to create a Sith Empire of his own. Could he be intending to build himself a clone army of...All-inherent children?" he asked, shuddering at the thought, rather unconsciously cradling Darra just a bit more closely to himself.

The idea was more than just a little bit disturbing...

[ 09-20-2002 01:24 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-20-2002 01:34 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"What is to be with the one called Freedon Naad?"

Lo-Ban asked, and awaited a reply...

[ 09-20-2002 01:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.189
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-20-2002 01:46 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My eyes narrowed, and I shot this youngster a somewhat severe look.

"Irrelevant at this time," I said succinctly, immediately turning back to hear what other ideas might now be put forth by any and all before I make any attempt whatsoever in bringing them together into even a semblance of a battle tactic....

[ 09-20-2002 01:47 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-20-2002 02:01 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Irrelevant...

Something he would expect the sith to say... but, Naad was one as well...

He would give the sith the benifit of the doubt...

Lo-Ban sat back, and awaited others to speak their minds...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.189
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-20-2002 02:16 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It is all I can do to refrain the rush of anger which Loban's so-transparent thoughts are provoking in me. Indeed does this young one need to learn of our ways, to learn of the importance of viewing the greater whole in all aspects of living, and not just dwell on the immediate present.

It is as if piloting a craft. A skilled pilot will look far ahead of himself, while those young to flight are almost afraid to peep beyond the nose of their vessel. Thus, in following the nose instead of leading the way, the ship will often be led astray from the path, albeit perhaps unbeknownst to the pilot.

I settle instead for a snort, keenly aware of the dark glare my chosen one is shooting at Loban, and of the raised brows of Lord Recinis. Once more I turn my gaze to this young man, who so adamantly wants to make a difference...

So be it.

"I feel you are overly concerned in regards to our lost comrade," I begin lightly enough. Then the timbre of my voice deepens as I shoot him a penetrating look.

"Indeed, as your mind is involved in this matter and not that of the far more pressing one at hand, perhaps you should assuage it in the attempt to rescue Freedon Naad.

"Now you may see what you can do, in making the difference you so heartily wish to do."

With no other thought than that, I raise my hand. Before Loban can even blink, I momentarily drop the protective shield blanketing Phrinnchatka, just long enough to whisk him to the surface of K'eel Doba. Girded with a basic Jedi lightsaber and food for a month, I feel he has what he needs to prove to us what capabilities he really has within himself.

If not to prove them to himself.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-20-2002 02:22 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Loban has been sent to Evil Among Us in the "Complete SW Universe" forum, thank you.))

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-20-2002 01:39 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla glared a bit at the place where the now-departed Loban had been.

Something he would expect a Sith to say?! Why the impertinent little...

As if sensing her rising irritation, Erik patted her on the knee. She turned to him, trying to look completely innocent and failing miserably. Then, facing forward again, she directed her thoughts to what Terrin had just said.

"No, he can't just up and create an army of All-inherent children. You just simply can't count on the fact that, because you've cloned the genes of a person that you'll clone their abilities. Take Jorus Caboath's clone. The original Caboath was a Jedi Master, while his clone was a Dark Jedi and was also very unstable both mentally and Force-wise. Although this might also have been related to the type of cloning techniques used, Roan simply cannot be garanteed to get clones with the abilities he wants.

"So we might be facing something that is outside of cloning, but somehow related. I mean, there's not much else you can do on Kamino aside from cloning."

She paused, frowning. "But what else is there?"

[ 09-20-2002 01:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-20-2002 06:24 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What else was there indeed?

This had to have something to do with the kids; that much was obvious from what Aelvedaar was saying regarding Sorben Tarnus taking Galen to where Roan would have taken Darra if he had her.

So what else was there that you could do with All-sensitive kids on a cloning world in order to further your agenda in making a Sith Empire of your own?

Not a clue on that one. And after all, Terrin wasn't the expert when it came to cloning anyway...he wasn't even really sure exactly what processes were involved.

But what he did know of were tactics. And as his mind spun thoughts and plans, he realized more and more how challenging this might be. First and foremost, they'd have to coordinate their plans with whatever plans Galen and Tarnus had, which meant somehow deducing the most logical action on their part. This of course might come more easily when Roan's intentions were understood.

So wouldn't it be best, by this reasoning, to lay back and see what Galen and Sorben did first without hindering that, then move in as appropriate?

And what were they gonna do with Graysith's daughter, who had "chosen to stay with her Father"? Certainly Galen didn't know this; perhaps that would be when they would have to assist she and Sorben in their efforts.

But first things first.

Kids on a cloning facility, not to be cloned, but for...something...

How indeed could the Kaminoians help Roan accomplish the goal he had in mind, if this goal wasn't to clone himself an Empire?

Terrin paused, the glimmerings of an idea starting to surface. "Could Roan be planning to somehow use his child's genetics to his advantage here?"

[ 09-20-2002 06:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-20-2002 06:42 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis was sitting quietly, letting the others work through things aloud, while he worked through his own thoughts inwardly... he considered all things that had been laid out before him...

Roan was no idiot, and in no way slow witted...but he was ignorant, as he had proven in the're last incounter... So, he most likely was not outwardly looking for intruders, Galan was safe right now.

He was not aware of exactly what all this "cloning" business was about, obviously it was before his time... He did know what cloning was though, a process which in crude manors had been developed by the weapons clan, a way of copieng the greatness of steal, the purity of water, dublicating something... This was most likely a huminized version of that...

So...what could Roan do with a child in a cloning facility, if, as had been stated, he was not assured desired resaults...would roan risk it? simple have them create such a number that he would be assured at least a small army of children... but what good were children? whether inherent with the All or not, the fact still remained that they were CHILDREN, they could not yet walk, no fully developed reasoning capabilities, and with a number of children which would be considered an "army" roan could not expect to rely on the childrens "love" for their father... Such numbers, they would probably tear eachother to pieces in jealosy, and tear roan appart as well...
Turning his attention back to the whole recinis spoke slowly "i can not see any possibilities, perhaps if this was done in a few more years, perhaps around the age of 9 or 10... then a cloned child would make sense... But now, what good is an army of children? roan has a plan...perhaps he means to use technology which the people of Kimeno hold, in order to strengthen ShaRhylla's genetics? perhaps make her yet stronger in the abilities of the all? so when she does grow her strength will be that of an army?"

Recinis sighed and turned his thoughts inwardly once more...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.24
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-20-2002 06:54 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I raise my hand with a little shake of my head, wishing to stop the direction in which this line of thought is travelling. While any and all ideas are good to have, we must not risk narrowing our ideas, nor getting away from the topic at hand.

Which is, after all, the actual mechanics of what we need to do.

"Let me reiterate the necessity of knowing what Roan is up to on Kamino," I begin when all eyes have turned my way. "Yet until we actually arrive and determine the reality of the situation, we can speculate to our heart's content and never know the true reason.

"It is my understanding of information I have studied since I have come into this timeframe, that the Kaminoans are quite simply cloners par excellence. Definite points have been made in that literature to the effect that the Dark One who commissioned them to create his army during the Clone Wars of old, went to them specifically due to not only their remote location, but for this wondrous ability they have in producing mentally stable clones. One can only logically extrapolate that they have since honed their skills. And--"

I pause again, turning my gaze from all to let it rest in the violet eyes of the Chosen Daughter. My hand lifts slowly to point directly at her.

"This one by my sorceries has had the power of the All implanted into her very being. It is due to her augmented genetic make-up that her daughter has the All inherent in her, as does the Danner child, to a lesser extent. This, in their unique cases, is an inherited trait... to be passed along in their offspring... and not as with the case of the Sith as a race, who though augmented thus in the ways of magic, must learn to that proper balance and worldview in order to use the All properly. Indeed, this ability can be learned by most sentients, although finding the balance necessary proves too daunting a task in the case of most; may I present Ms. Petrolu as witness to that fact."

Once again I pause to let the words sink into their train of thought. I settle back, still frowning, waiting to hear what further strategies they might now be coming up with.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-20-2002 07:08 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis nodded slowly. what would thier plan of action be?

"I believe we must make contact with Galan, and attempt to retrieve her, that is of the greatest importance, her life can not be indangered any more then it already is, unless she so chooses when fully aware of the situation."

pausing for a moment to consider something he continued on.

"I believe we should go to her, it is best that things are explained in person, and by someone she trusts" as he said the final words he set his gaze upon terrin meaningfully.
"I believe captain dannar should go, accompanied by myself, and Graysith. Terrin will be able to talk to her, and perhaps graysith as well. But should roan discover our pressence, Graysiths abilities, along with those of myself, will be needed."

hmm...but what of those of kemino? they must not know of our pressence... "perhaps we could arive, and erase ourselves from the memories of those that we incounter... We must enter though, and confront galan, it is then that we may go about learning of Roans plans..."

he then looked about, looking for the others opinions, clearly open to any idea.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.24
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-20-2002 08:35 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned. "Wiping a bunch of Kaminoians minds would mean alot of usage of the Claw, which I'm not too fond of--though of course, this is ultimately not my call. We must remember, however, that Galen may be in hiding; what circumstances she is in currently we do not know. Would it be wise to go in and try to talk to her while unaware of her current status on Kamino?"

Shayla paused, thinking a bit more. "The idea is to give Galen success in what she is doing now; stopping her from the path she has currently placed herself on will only deter that. I also believe that she is more aware of what Roan's plans are than we may think; if she knows that her daughter was to be taken to Kamino she may very well, via Sorben Tarnus, know what Roan's plans in fact were. Perhaps then making some contact with her would be good.

"But we do not have to necessarily speak with her in person; a secure mental link can be established with her to both inform her of our willingness to assist as well gain from her the knowledge we may need. I say we use Galen's position on Kamino as an asset, rather than a liability. She has a plan of sorts; we should complement it rather than change it."

With that, Shayla leaned back, waiting to see if anyone else had something to add.

[ 09-20-2002 08:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-20-2002 10:57 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin was sitting back, listening to everything that was being said very carefully, pondering all the while. Galen wanted to go help find her sister's child, and it wasn't at all like Galen to go in without a plan of sorts. But how the heck could Galen possibly get to ShaRhylla?

And THAT'S when it hit him square between the eyes.

For months, simply months, Galen had carried not their little JhinDarra, but ShaRhylla. She'd even given birth to the her.

And in those long months Galen had gone through one of the most difficult times probably in her life. And Terrin knew very well that Galen was comforted by the child growing within her.

Little ShaRhylla.

Would ShaRhylla identify with Galen based on the fact that she grew within Galen's very womb and would logically be able to identify Galen because of that?

It made some sense...

With no further hesitation, Terrin spoke up, relating these thoughts to the others, wondering just what they might have to say about it...

[ 09-20-2002 11:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-20-2002 11:23 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis nodded to terrin for a moment... It did indeed seem plausable that things could turn out that way...

still upon his thoughts though, were the constant wondering of what exactly roan was doing...

"we must contact galan, she is our one chance at finding out what we need to know... It is of grave importance that we discuver roans plans. For all we know, he might be unleshing upon the universe the greatest threat ever to come into being, and untill we know otherwise, i feel that is how we must treat this..."

He slowly turned his gaze to aelvedaar. "I would like to go to her and assist, The sith have always held strength in stealth, I am sure in one of the old vaults of the weapon clan there is a cloak which may bend light, few were made even in my time, but such things last a long time, the weapon clan was good at what they did.it would be a simple task for me to hide from sight..."

Slowly his gaze turned from aelvedaar to graysith, and his mind was instantly cleared of all frustration which had formed from his worry over what roan was up to. "What do you think should be done, Graysith?" he said slowly, letting his words trail off.

For all idea's had been incrediable, shayla and Terrin had both held very valid points...anything was possible...

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.228
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-20-2002 11:50 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Throughout the proceedings Graysith had sat in silence, toying idly with the Claw of S'slan, her expression positively inscrutable. The only indication that she had been listening at all was by the way her eyes had narrowed bit by bit, darkening as the party considered pros and cons of what they should do.

Abruptly, she let out a sigh, and leaned her head against Recinis's shoulder.

"It would appear we are held in a vicious circle of sorts," she said at length. "It is obvious that we must come to the aid of Galen and my-- my daughter...." For a brief moment she paused, gulping back the rush of upwelling pain that statement brought in its wake. "...but to do so we must understand what Roan is doing there. I agree with my Sire; we must determine that for ourselves rather than continue along the path of endless speculation that we have been upon.

"But... in order to assist Galen, to persuade her into letting us bring her safely back with us, we do need to know what Roan is scheming. I cannot see her coming back unless she has succeeded in what it is she has now set out to do, not even for all the sweet words her husband may pour into her ears."

She stopped with that, rising now to her feet. Slowly her violet eyes swept over the company, coming at length to rest upon Lord Aelvedaar's molten ones.

"Perhaps if we can use stealth as our ally, and whisper into the world of the cloners, and somehow determine what it is Roan is trying to accomplish there, not only may we then confront Galen with either a solution or present to her the impossibility of her plan should, Fates prevent it, that be the case...

"...but maybe we may then devise a way to stop Roan cold before he succeeds with whatever it is he wishes to do with my child."

A great shiver raced down her spine as she fell silent, leaning into Recinis even more strongly, seeking his support. For while first and foremost in her mind was nothing but the deepest desire to forever rid the Galaxy of the threat of Roan, somehow deep in her soul that idea frightened her more than she could ever conceive.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-21-2002 12:05 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla cocked her head, considering what they might do to discover Roan's plans. The fact that Roan was overconfident didn't make him stupid; not by a long shot. He'd most likely protect both he and his daughter while on Kamino, whether by chronotic shield or not. Then something occurred to Shayla.

"Could we possibly ascertain Roan's plans via Sorben Tarnus's mind?" she asked, looking to Graysith. "We've been able to find his presence once before, and certainly this could be done again if Tarnus is accessible. And Sorben seems to at least have some clue as to what Roan is planning; after all, he knew where Roan was headed before Roan ever got there and that he had plans to take JhinDarra and ShaRhylla there to do something.

"Wouldn't it be a safe start to see what Tarnus does in fact know before we head out to Kamino ourselves?"

[ 09-21-2002 12:08 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-21-2002 12:57 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis nodded to shayla. This indeed sounded like a plausable plan... a very promising plan at that.
As the thoughts whirled through him, he likewise did his best to give graysith his undying suport, both physicaly and mentaly.
Turning his gaze now to Aelvedaar he spoke "Indeed, this is the most likely to aid us, we should go about this at once, the more information we have, the faster we can go about ending this threat, can it be done?"

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.228

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05