my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Home, sweet home. (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Home, sweet home.
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-16-2002 01:46 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was sitting on a couch snuggled into Erik's warm embrace when she spotted Shawn and Loban returning from somewhere out of the corner of her eye. She frowned to herself as she sensed something in the young Loban that she didn't like.

He doesn't understand all of this. He doesn't know. He cannot see.

Patting Erik on the knee she sat up, turning to him. "I'll be right back, babe," she said, leaning over to kiss him once on the forehead. Then she stood and headed off, stepping in front of Shawn and Loban.

"A word with you?" she said to Loban, cocking a brow and tilting her head slightly, her greeny-blue eyes inscrutable.

Without so much as a confirmation, Shayla pulled Loban aside, for she was strong despite her height, especially when it came to things that she was passionate about. She cut right to the chase. "You seem to be confused about what is occurring here, my friend," she said quietly. "Open your eyes. For every great sorrow, there is a great joy. One must be able to fully experience both, which is what the Sith here are so clearly able to do.

"As you appear to not be able to. I warned you aboard the warship to look at the big picture, and I warn you to do so again. For while you assume that at the Valley we failed, we achieved greater victory than your small mind has been able to comprehend. Did you not see the weakness of Roan?

"And indeed, what good would it do us to dwell in sorrow regardless? How will that help us achieve later success?"

She paused at that, pinning him with her greeny-blue eyes. "Mind you what is occurring here in the grand scheme of things. You have seen a race of Sith, who have been believed to not love or care do both of those things. Likewise you have seen their anger, but you have also seen their ability to not act in the moment and consider the impact of their actions no matter how difficult that might be."

With that, her look darkened further. "Mind your tendency to think in small terms, for if you continue to not pay heed to the directions you are being given by one who has repeatedly given you chance after chance, you indeed will fail."

[ 09-16-2002 01:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-16-2002 02:07 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oh, how she miss understands... she thinks I am small minded... the time she had talked to me in my mind, that must have been the only time she invaded my thoughts... at that moment, I was quite sorrowful... but not any longer, I was simply running things over and over in my mind... as I do with anything that goes wrong...

At last, I replied...

"Look, princess... I don't like to lose... and that is all there is to sense about it... and I don't take orders, or advice, unless I know I can trust the one giving them..."

He now paused, and surveyed their situation..."you couldn't wait to get me alone again, could you..."

He then awaited her response...

[ 09-16-2002 02:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.189
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-16-2002 02:16 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith moved languidly about the Great Hall with her husband and Lord, sipping upon a smaller glass of wine after having tossed her larger goblet into the fire along with Recinis. From one to another they moved to both accept congratulation and to offer reassurance. Beyond united in marriage, they were now far more than many in the room may have truly suspected.

He was Sith, heir to and rightful Dark Lord to all Warriors, now returned... but first and foremost Sith. The race of which magicks and mysticism were both part and parcel. Strong in both mind and heart and body... and likewise strong in things unknown of which no human could ever guess.

She, the One Chosen by Aelvedaar, the first human in whom the All was intentionally placed, to follow the destiny which had led her to this point, though the perils had been many, the road long, the heartache great. But strong in her own right she was, and becoming stronger and stronger with each passing day.

Together, united into the very warp and woof of the universe, indeed were the two of them more than the sum of their parts. Together, that which gave them strength and power united into something greater than the unified whole, something which now was ready to face that which lay ahead:

...the utter defeat of the Dark Sith Roan, and not the rescue of merely the physicality of Graysith's daughter, but the more complete rescue of her heart and soul.

How clear it was to her now, and the importance of this union. For a union such as theirs, founded in pure love, fueled with just rage, and now more than strengthened by the connection with each other...

...simply could not fail.

Patience.

This was the key. All would truly come to pass, just as Recinis had assured her; this she now understood with crystal clarity.

But in the meantime, there were many other sidepaths upon which it would seem they had to travel....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 09-16-2002 02:35 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I look deeply into the eyes of the husband of the rash Galen, and for a moment wonder to myself just how much more this man can endure. A sigh slips from me with the realization that I cannot hold information from him, no matter how painful it might be.

"She has made landfall on Coruscant, and has indeed found the hunter Tarnus," I admit to him at length. "Even as we witness the union of Lord Recinis and his Lady, she apparently lays plans of her own with this man. And yes--"

I now clamp an affirming hand on his shoulder, giving it a comradely squeeze.

"I can let slip to her that her daughter is safely with us now. Once she has accepted the distrust she yet holds within her regarding myself and her sister; indeed, once she has not only faced that distrust she has but has overcome it, I shall be easily able to bring her safely back to Phrinnchatka with the All.

"In the meantime, I shall maintain my watch, that no harm may come to her due to her current unthinking actions. You must understand, she does what she does for the love she bears for her daughter... and for you as well, Captain Terrin Danner."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-16-2002 02:39 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's eyes narrowed. She chose to ignore the latter comment for the moment, and head directly to what Loban had said before.

"You need to stop living in dreamland and realize that part of life is failure as well as success. And yes, you are small-minded, for you cling to something you have always believed regardless of the evidence against it."

She quieted a moment, cocking her head. "You'd like to think you were man enough to get my attention, now wouldn't you?"

She smiled all-too-unpleasantly at that, grabbing a fist-ful of his shirt and jerking him down into her direct line of vision. It was a good thing that they were in the foyer, where nobody was looking at the moment. "Look sweet cheeks, you don't even trust me, let alone have a true interest in me, for if you did you'd be smart enough to take the advice I've given you."

She paused at that, her grip only tightening. "You wanna be alone?" she growled. "That can be arranged." She then let his shirt go, allowing him to begin to stand back up when, with the flick of her wrist she pushed him back into the wall of the Grand Foyer, letting him slam into it. Watch what it is that you are doing, my very young friend."

At that she crossed her arms and waited to see if Loban would have anything else to say.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-16-2002 02:49 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Finally... she said something that made sense... 'let alone have a true interest in me'...

He said only this: "I am trying to trust, but pardon my small mind... this isn't my idea of trust..."

Lo-Ban then walked past her,"Trust is something you earn... try to be more of a friend, and less of a 'superior being' the next time we have a chat..."

He then entered where everyone was enjoying themselves... "Anyone up for a friendly game?"

He waited to hear a response...

[ 09-16-2002 02:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.189
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 09-16-2002 03:21 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin nodded just once, at the same time swallowing to force down the damnable lump in his throat that refused to abate. At length he managed, "As do I love her too much to force her to stay here. It could do far more harm to make her feel a prisoner here than it might to let her go and do what she feels she must to protect our daughter. Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for continuing to ensure her safety. This in time may be the only way she can ever begin to truly trust."

Then, unable to say anything else further he quietly returned to the couch, holding the sleeping Darra closely to himself, wondering what the Hell Loban Kenobi was blathering about.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 09-16-2002 03:34 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I nod to myself at the understanding of Captain Danner, then nod more broadly in general to all those within this room. The festivities, as muted as they indeed are, may continue without my presence, and indeed must at this time. My place is beside the Octahedron, ensuring the safety of the young lady, trust concerning whom her very husband has just handed over into my very care.

And not with quite the heavy heart that he thinks.

As I depart, I cannot help but cast a glance toward the young Loban, and a frown flits across my features. It was not a difficult feat for the Dark Lord of the Sorcerers to maintain an awareness of what personal demons this young one is battling, as well as the means by which the Adept to my Chosen One has tried to assist him with laying them to rest. The frown deepens as I see how yet again he turns away from wisdom and device; clearly do I see the fault in his thinking, so obvious to me is the direction he so desires to travel, the one whose acceptance and pride in him he so badly is trying to obtain.

I sigh to myself, continuing on. This is not in my arena; all the magicks of the Sith could not force this one to a clearer path. That can only come from his own heart... I can only hope that the heart beating within his chest will eventually soften, will find that which he so desperately needs unbeknownst to his very self...

...lest for the sake of the Greater Good it must be ripped yet beating from his chest.

Now onward I go, seeking my inner sanctum, there to once more gaze into the Octahedron, and through it's magicks let Galen know of the safety of her daughter. Although her current position comes somewhat as a surprise to me -- how quickly she can move, and how cunning she can be! -- I do not yet interfere.

Knowing the knowledge that JhinDarra is safely in the arms of her adopted father, I merely continue to watch as she continues on her path to the planet called "Kamino." I can only trust that she will eventually wake up to the logic of the situation soon, and only then allow her heart the true rein I sense it has been struggling to obtain all along....

[ 09-16-2002 03:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-16-2002 03:53 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla followed Loban into the lounging area, again coming to face him, her look once more completely inscrutable.

"I'll take that challenge. What exactly do you have in mind, flyboy? Or might your pride be wounded if you are defeated by a girl?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-16-2002 03:59 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban couldn't help but smile...

No ordinary smile in the least... It was so wide, you could fit a fighter through his lips...

"You've got yourself a challenge... the challenger shall chose the arena, and game..."

[ 09-16-2002 04:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-16-2002 07:06 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's look was one of utter calm. She smiled sweetly--albeit a bit deceptively--at Loban's response. She motioned to Shawn.

"Your lightsaber?" she said.

He arched an eyebrow, but unclipped it from his belt and handed it to her. She nodded once to him, then turned to her love. "You wouldn't happen to have a lightsaber on you?"

Erik grinned, knowing very well she hadn't asked this question at random. He had made one to replace the one he lost on Khar Delba during timespan after Shayla and Graysith had left from here to seek answers concerning the plans of Roan. He indicated that he would be back momentarily, then headed out of the lounging area, returning very shortly with a lightsaber of his own. He handed it over to Shayla, grinning in bemusement at Loban before he regained his seat.

Shayla turned to Loban. "A lightsaber duel," she said. Then she reached out with the All, tweaking the power source of both lightsabers so that neither players would recieve more than a slight burn if contacted with the weapon's blade. She handed Shawn's lightsaber to Loban.

"Call it a game of four corners, as I know it is referred to on your home planet. Shawn will moderate. Anyone who wishes to watch is welcome."

Without further ado she began heading for the courtyard, handing her fiance her purple cloak as he followed her, the calm look never once leaving her face.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-16-2002 07:32 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled a bit to himself as the challange between shayla and loban had been made... He unconciously made connections of "lightsaber" with the weapon loban had been using...
With that thought a slight frown drew upon his features, would this be safe? mentaly he shruged, he had a feeling this would be intirly to different from the battle he had been engaged in with loban.
Lighing his features lighten into smile once more, he turned his gaze upon his love... Truly more then that now... she was an extension of himself, and he an extension of her.
And on top of all this joy was the quite knowledge that she would bare a child, a child that would be of his blood, and hers... A truly splended thought to consider.
His smile was continualy fed by the many avenus of thought which raced throug his mind...
once more fully focused upon graysith he spoke queitly to her. "Shall we watch the dual, my love?"

Deep within him another slight thought emerged, and he took note... he must indeed speak with young loban after this dual has been finished...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.187
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-16-2002 07:44 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I don't deserve to use this weapon, I am not even a padawan... though, I was for a short period... either way, I don't deserve the lightsaber of a Jedi Knight..."

He then handed it back to Shawn... "You will have to come up with something else, Shayla..."

He was ever so serious...

besides, you expect to win in the arts of fencing... ha...

Was so far in the back of his mind, he didn't even realize he thought it...

[ 09-16-2002 07:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-16-2002 08:01 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla turned and crossed her arms. "Very well then," she said. "Sticks."

Beside her, Shawn's eyebrows shot up.

"Instead of lightsabers, we'll use sticks as we did back in the day," Shayla said. "And if you still chose to not go this route...

...you forfeit, and I win. And you wouldn't want to lose before you ever began now, would you?" she taunted.

With that she turned, again heading for the Sith courtyard. But first she stopped at a dead tree to pull two tree limbs approximating the length and circumference of a lightsaber. Upon reaching the center of the courtyard she waited to see if Loban would even have the nerve to face up to the challenge.

They would see just who would win indeed...

[ 09-16-2002 08:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-16-2002 08:40 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Now, why would I wish to forfeit..."

He followed her out, and waited for her to make her next move...

For in fact, this was how he had started out his fencing skills, as a child... with sticks, it shall be...

[ 09-16-2002 08:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-16-2002 09:11 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla remained completely calm as she tossed Loban one of the two sticks. Then she moved hers to the ready position, her greeny-blue eyes now locked with Loban's blue pair as she assumed a solid fighting stance. Without even so much a grunt or nod, she simply waited for him to move his "weapon" to the ready as well, knowing that as soon as he did this Shawn would call for the duel to begin.

So she waited to see just what Loban would do...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-16-2002 11:35 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban took his stance...

and awaited Shawn's order to begin...

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 09-16-2002 11:43 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn waited til Shayla and Loban were ready, making sure both were perfectly still and in place before he called for them to begin. He really didn't have a clue what Shayla had in mind in doing this, but then it wasn't his place to interfere. And just maybe she might be out to make a point for al he knew.

"Duelers ready..."

He paused a moment.

"Go!"

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-16-2002 11:52 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban stood steadfast, and awaited the first move from Shayla...
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-17-2002 12:19 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis paused for a moment to consider his words... Deep down he realy didnt want to watch a dual at all... All he desired was to be with her forever...
He smiled lovingly at her, the only true reason he wished to see the dual was that he required to speak to loban...he could do that whenever he so chose...

Turning once more and wrapping an arm about her slight form. "but then... Perhaps we should not..." looking deeply into her eyes for a moment he nodded, "let us be of... m' Lady"
...My love
he added the final two words through the little link they shared through undying love, and slowly walked off, turning down many hallways untill finaly ending up at their room.
He closed the door behind him, taking carful note to lock it... he remembered well what had happened the last time they had closed these doors... he indeed needed to talk to young loban...
letting his mind come away from everything that was anything, besides the woman he loved, he turned from the door. focusing his gaze upon Graysith with a quiet smile, before approuching her and wrapping his arms about her, with a strong, and loving kiss he lost himself once more in her pressence.
"I love you graysith... For eternity our hearts will beat as one..." he smiled a bit, and looked down to eye the golden mark that now lay wonderusly upon her soft skin... So fitting did it look there, so perfect the title was for her... in every aspect he knew she could fill that role... The lady of the warrior clan... Indeed, with such a strong spirit, she was beyond perfect... Everything that he lacked, she made up, completing him as nothing in this universe could. he smiled once more into her eyes, and kissed her again, his heart beating rythmickly with hers...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.103
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-17-2002 12:33 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla wasn't originally planning on making the first move, but she could see that they would get nowhere if she didn't.

And this wasn't about who won.

In one swift move she whirled, bringing her stick parallel with her waistline. She was just at the right height to pull off the move she wanted to; before Loban could parry or block she had whirled around. She stooped just before she came to a complete three-hundred and sixty degree turn, using the power of the Force behind her already surprisingly strong swing to reach behind his knees and land her blow, sending him sailing backwards towards the ground.

[ 09-17-2002 12:34 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-17-2002 12:42 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Surprised, he was not...

"Score?"

He came up, and was in his stance, once again...

Fool me once...

He was a quick learner, especially in the art of fencing...

He waited, for Shayla to make her move...

[ 09-17-2002 12:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 09-17-2002 12:48 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Shayla 2, Loban 0," was all that Shawn said. Then he waited to see what else might happen, still wondering where this might go.

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-17-2002 12:49 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla regained her stance, waiting to see if Loban even had the nerve to move. She was beginning to suspect that he was letting her win, and she didn't much like that. So she merely remained in place, waiting to see what he would do.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-17-2002 12:54 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"2!? are you kidding me?? she didn't get me twice..."

He stared in Shawn's direction for a few more moments, not understanding how she had gotten two hits on him...

Begging for Shayla to attempt a blind sided attack... for which he would be ready...

[ 09-17-2002 01:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05