my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Great Temple at Khar Delba (Page 8)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Great Temple at Khar Delba
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-24-2001 11:31 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After wordlessly leading Cella Poliani to a room of her own, Shayla wandered back into her own room, her mind spinning with a myriad of thoughts.

Why was Cella Poliani, who was certainly a prisoner, allowed to stay in the comforts of her own suite while Erik was held Sith knows where? Shayla didn’t understand this strange peculiarity, and she quite frankly didn’t like it either.

Surely Graysith knew the importance of him to her, so why the secrecy, the deception?

The answer to this question came simply. You are still not fully trusted. While you took care of the Temple in her absence and kept watch over those lurking without the Temple walls, Erik is a different matter. You love him, therefore you must prove you have Balance of the All before you are allowed to stray back to your lighter emotions.

But she had dealt with her Darker emotions, she knew them, could feel them...

But…while she knew of the Darker emotions within her from her past, what of those in her present? What, in fact, did she truly hate?

Shayla frowned as the reality of her dilemma hit home.

While you have come in contact with that which you Love, you have yet to discover, or rather admit, that which you hate. Granted, you dislike the Jedi and their ways, but truly you have no HATE for them.

So what was it that she, Shayla Petrolu, hated?

Frowning at the reality of her musings, Shayla turned and stared into a full-length mirror at herself. And the truth of the matter became obvious.

She didn’t know what she hated.

Wandering to her bed and sitting upon it, Shayla sat for quite a long time, pondering this question, seeking the answer. Then, quite suddenly and quite naturally, it came to her.

Assumptions. After all, the reason Shayla had been so angered with Cella Poliani was because she had assumed so much of Shayla and her Teacher. While Cella felt that Shayla had also assumed much of her, she neglected to realize that Shayla had been on both sides of the fence.

But was hatred of assumption enough? Or must the hatred extend further than even that?

As Shayla turned this question over in her mind, something Dark and Black began spinning within her inner eye.

You know what it is that you hate, Shayla Petrolu. You’ve hated it always, and you have yet to truly admit it even still.

But it’s there, and you are on the verge of truly understanding, truly reaching out and grasping the Power within the Hatred that you, even with your True Love, hold.

Her mind intent on her goal, her focus only on that little tendril of understanding that was breaking forth and beginning to spread, Shayla Petrolu reached out with a Hand Unseen and grasped the Darkness swirling within...

[ 11-24-2001 11:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.25
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-25-2001 08:00 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith paused momentarily in mid-step, cocking her head to one side as she opened her essence to the link she so stealthily maintained with her adept and sensed the arising turmoil bubbling within her. For a minute she remained quietly in one spot, considering to herself the apparent dilemma of Shayla facing her demons, demons which seemed to have popped into existence literally out of nowhere. She frowned slightly, wondering exactly what had prompted them to rear their ugly little heads at this point in time; she had been so certain that her adept was well down the road toward the next level in the acceptance and manipulation of the wholeness which encompassed the entirety of existence.

Then her frown deepened, as for the second time since the young woman's arrival in the Temple she sensed her sending a tendril of her being out into the mind of the young and innocent girl, with whom she too persisted in maintaining a link of her own. The fact that mental barriers were raised in protection of this link brought a spark of anger to her violet eyes. Spurred by this distraction, she hurried onward, the Glyph on her forehead lighting her way, M'wonBo'o whining his unease behind her and Nikk grumbling his disapproval in a deep and growly voice.

This time the Chosen Daughter did not let her anger subside. It buoyed her up, propelling her rapidly through the Dining Hall and into the darkened corridor beyond where she immediately headed toward the opulent room she had bestowed upon her adept-cum-sister. In but a mere few steps she was without the door, her hand raised to stroke the mosses growing there.

For a single moment she hesitated... then her pale hand continued the stroke and the door opened before her. There upon the very bed she herself had occupied so long ago sat her adept, a black scowl upon her face. Graysith fought down the instinctive urge to go forth and place a comforting arm about her young adept, fully aware of the difficulties at times presented in the task of truly facing one's inner self. She merely stood in the doorway, flanked by her two beastial guards, her jaw working and the Glyph slowly rising in intensity.

At length she spoke. Her voice was soft, but as penetrating as a vibroblade cutting through flesh.

"Adept!"

Shayla jerked her head up to face her Teacher, her eyes wide. She hesitated, seeming to seek what words she could say, trying to voice the questions Graysith clearly saw swimming in her greeny-blue eyes. The Chosen Daughter clenched her teeth in response; then, raising an arm she pointed imperiously toward the young woman.

"YOU WILL RISE IN MY PRESENCE."

Shayla gulped, looking at her Teacher as though she had never seen her before. But she obediently got to her feet and stood, albeit a bit uncertainly.

Graysith stared at Shayla, her face an unmoving mask, not one wisp of her own thoughts or feelings being given leeway to so much as peep their presence to her adept. She merely let her eyes bore into Shayla's for a bit, then spoke up. Her voice was as cold as it was stern.

"Apparently you forget the words my Sire has spoken to you. Words for the wise, which I thought you had taken to heart. Perhaps your memory needs a bit of...reawakening."

With that, she reached forth one hand, seeming to encompass Shayla's face from where she stood a good ten meters away. Shayla gulped again, and seemed to sway...

...then she jerked violently as images of another day, not too long ago, swept inescapably into her mind.

The dining hall, Graysith sitting in silence, Logan hunkering there, fork raised and a-quiver, that volcanic and fearsomely horned Sith Sorceror suddenly leaping up, taking Logan, sending him away, bringing him back...

...now bringing his darkly enigmatic visage to bear directly on Shayla, his essence easily ripping into her, sensing her dismay with how Logan might be perceiving her, what the jedi might be thinking, how he and the Chosen Daughter might be viewing her...

"It is not of concern one way or another whether my love and I accept you. Rather, you should be concentrating on your acceptance of us, if what my Chosen Daughter seeks to teach you has any true meaning to you at all. You persist in this struggle with your innermost self, with that core my love once took from you and, with reluctance for your own sake, gave back unto you again. Of this you must beware.

"It is only in acceptance that you will find balance. The battle that rages within you will not lead you to us. It will only lead you to what that pitiful padawan thinks you already are...."

"THIS WILL CEASE NOW."

The words segued into those uttered by Aelvedaar, melding so smoothly that at first Shayla wasn't quite certain if they were triggered from that day not too long ago, or had been spoken directly to her now. She blinked, remaining still, as though to see if Graysith had anything else to say to her in clarification.

Graysith merely lowered her hand to her side, her chest heaving as she let out a breath which carried upon it a snippet of a sensation that somehow bespoke of great... disappointment. She merely stood quietly then, her eyes still pinning Shayla's, offering to her adept one opportunity to explain herself.

[ 11-25-2001 08:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.201
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-25-2001 08:22 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was truthfully shocked by the action of her Teacher. However, the obvious disappointment really didn't seem to surprise her all that much.

Shayla tried to figure out a way to explain why she had done that which she had.

Granted, it might seem as though I am seeking the acceptance of the others. But if I were truly seeking that, I would have already been disheartened by the words and actions of Cella Poliani.

Calmy looking into the firey eyes of the other woman, well aware that Graysith could "hear" every inner thought, Shayla regarded her Teacher without fear.

"She is young," Shayla explained. "And she has potential. I make use of the link not to acquire her acceptance, but to peek the curiousity of a young mind still seeking to find a path."

Quietly, Shayla awaited Graysith's response. Expected her to lash out, to make it clear she had overstepped the boundaries...

All the while hoping for the other's understanding...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.51
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-25-2001 09:20 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"It is not your place to do so... yet."

For an endless moment Graysith merely looked at Shayla, recognizing the surprise rising up within her adept for the fact that the words she had just spoken were done so in the softest of whispers. She spoke no further, but cast another look upon her that was almost an entreaty of sorts...

...and then, the earlier anger and disappointment either cleverly masked or eliminated entirely, quietly turned to leave.

"You will be sent for."

These words came into Shayla's ears like the wafting of a gentle breeze. Then Graysith was gone, taking her tuk'ata and Noghri with her, taking as well the doorway as she left to go back to her Lord and Dark Heart. Behind her was nothing more than a moss-covered wall, a wall hiding her undoubtedly startled adept behind it, and one which only two souls in the Temple could ever return to it's former state.

[ 11-25-2001 09:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.181
Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 11-25-2001 09:43 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella sat cross-legged on the stone floor of her spare but adequate chamber, trying to attune herself to the flow of the Force. True harmony comes when we ignore that which our small selves are demanding, and pay heed to the ebb and flow of the tide that is the Force. Who had said that? Master Skywalker perhaps, or Jeroc.

Jeroc was still very much an enigma to her. Possessed of an almost eerie calm, he was hard to read at times...yet Cella didn't doubt the depth of his feelings for her. The times of quiet on the Pride of Yavin, when they'd held each other like drowning people clinging to life...how could she doubt him after that?

Although she was completely alone in the room, Cella blushed to her hairline. This was no time to be having such thoughts, she chided herself, but she couldn't help it. Perhaps in being Jedi, she had ignored her humanity too long. The idea that she was a woman with needs and wants had been long suppressed in her, buried under the strict code of the Jedi which dictated selflessness and sacrifice. Many were the demands placed on her by the Jedi Way...but she could no more abandon it than she could drain the blood from her own veins. There was simply no question about it.

You never knew me, Cella Poliani. Don't try to pretend that you did. Knifelike words flung at her from the fierce young woman who was her whole reason for being here. Cella admitted to herself that she had no true understanding of what had taken place within Shayla. But if it was anything like what Saden had tried to persuade her of...she had some idea.

Cella had been made an offer, and had freely chosen to go back to the Praxeum. Had Shayla been made such an offer? Or had she given in because it was the only way? Shayla insisted that this was indeed her choice, and Cella believed her, could even perhaps understand the lure Shayla had felt. I thought bringing Jeroc here would alienate Shayla. Looks like I did a better job of that than he ever would have done.

And this mysterious Dark Lord? She'd thought he must certainly be the one who'd kidnapped her, Timber Saden. But it wasn't him. This Dark Lord had no more concern for her than for an insect on the Temple wall. Saden, on the other hand, had believed in her potential, had held out a tempting vision of power...

And she sometimes saw herself, when she foolishly chose to run down the path of possibility, wielding the light and the darkness at His side...

Cella turned away her brooding thoughts and plunged headlong into the river of the Force, washing away doubts and fears, and replenishing herself for the task to come.

Whatever it might be.

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 172.133.129.80
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-25-2001 09:56 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla stood stunned as the doorway to her suite became a moss-covered wall.

WHY???!!! an angry voice within her yelled. Every time I gain trust I lose it yet again!? What is this?

Shayla sought to trust the woman whom she called Teacher, but this move was strange and seemed rather cruel and uncalled for.

Still...

Maybe there was a reason for it, a lesson. But how many more times would she be trapped, in a world where no one exists or in the world as it was now?

Perhaps she wasn't really trapped even now...

Feeling the anger inside of her ebb and flow and letting it be just as it was, Shayla reached out a hand to touch the moss, suspecting to find herself a prisoner once again, hoping to goodness that she was not...

Her suspicions however, were confirmed. The wall granted her no admittance.

Just as I thought, her inward voice said. But...why?

Then, as the anger subsided within her, logical Shayla Petrolu emerged once again.

Slowly unclenching fists she hadn't realized she'd balled up, Shayla stepped back and regarded the wall before her, her error becoming apparent.

You dared to take the step of a Teacher in calling out to Thea even if your intentions had been good. You are trapped here now because there are others...

...particularly, ONE other...

you might dare to do the same with.

Mentally chastising herself, Shayla understood her mistake completely. Into the link she maintained even still with her Teacher, Shayla whispered humbly, "I understand. My action was taken in arrogance. I wish to teach, to show, those who might yet have a chance to see...

But I will await the completion of my training and self-discovery to do so before I dare to be so bold again, my Teacher...

...my Sister...

[ 11-25-2001 10:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.153
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-26-2001 12:38 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith smiled to herself as the words sent to her by her adept whispered quietly into her mind. She nodded a bit, pleased with the quickness this woman possessed. Aelvedaar had questioned her taking this woman as understudy; Roan, while not mentioning his thoughts about it in either way, clearly disapproved, if shown only by his steadfastly ignoring Shayla whenever she was present.

Graysith, however, clung to her first impressions of Shayla, content to see that they were not the stuff of dreams or wishful thinking. If nothing else occurred within the walls of this Temple, she would make certain that Shayla continued her course, remained true upon the road Graysith had placed her upon when she had first removed her from the Elseness that Aelvedaar had cast her into.

This one shall indeed be sister to me, she mused as she paused before the double door leading into the Great Hall. Indeed, I cannot think of any time hence without her as part of the new life which is to come....

Her spirits uplifted by these thoughts, all her former anger and disappointment completely eradicated, she flung a succinct message back into Shayla's mind.

Do not forget, my Adept. There is far, far more at stake than individual wants or desires; take a care you threaten this not by your unheeding actions.

Giving one graceful hand a casual wave, Graysith replaced the doorway to Shayla's room. Then, nodding quietly to herself in satisfaction, she entered the Great Hall, and glided up to take her place beside Lord Roan.

"My Lord," she began with a small bow of respect. "There is a child...."

She then proceeded to tell her Dark Heart about the young Thea, whom her Adept seemed to have such an interest in, and whom she also knew they could appropriate with the ease that she had sent the young child into her unnatural sleep.

"And--" she paused momentarily, then moved on smoothly. "There is a little matter of my Adept.

"What say you, my Dark One?" she finally ended as, quirking a brow to match the smile hovering about her lips, she waited to hear his response.

[ 11-26-2001 12:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.200.31
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-26-2001 01:03 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As yet another minute or so passed between the two, Terrin wondered if she understood why he'd chosen now to tell her what he had and if she in fact realized what he was implicating.

Sheesh, spit it out, buddy.

He smiled at her, deciding to run with it. "Something to keep in mind if things start to become too much to bear, cause I'd really like to make my commitment to you...permananent...SPIT IT OUT!...I'd like to marry you if...when we get through this."

She seemed to think it over, struggling with thoughts a bit, no doubt troubled more by what might happen in the near future over what they both hoped for in the long run.

He put a finger to her lips. "You don't have to answer me now," he said. "Take the time you need. There's alot on your plate and alot to worry about.

"But, beat the odds, if for nothing but what you have to look forward to."

Planting a small kiss on her forehead, he took her hand and nodded his head in the direction of where everyone else was probably gathered, a little further within the camp. "Now shall we go meet our Jedi friend, before Jasyn shoots the poor guy down?"

[ 11-26-2001 01:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.100
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-26-2001 09:39 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Shayla, why?" a little girl's voice echoed in the mind of the adept as she felt the pleasure of her Teacher at her understanding and watched the wall before her return to its former state.

Giving no words of comfort, no reply; in fact, nothing at all, Shayla silenced the link with Thea. Shayla knew that her message to Thea had been foolish; something that satisfied a desire of her, Shayla Petrolu, and not something that was at that moment for the greater good.

But such things might change, in time.

The link, even though temporarily silenced, would remain. Shayla didn't quite know what maintained this link, but some things were just as they were, and should remain thus.

Knowing she might be sent for soon, feeling calm and quite in control, Shayla decided, gazing in her mirror once again, that she should do a little cleaning up and change out of the black jumpsuit she had taken so much to wearing.

Pulling a silver-colored jumpsuit out of the closet and matching it with her violet cloak, Shayla laid the clothing out on the bed and headed for the 'fresher.

Something was going to happen soon, she just knew it. And she would be ready...

...Physically, and mentally...

...for whatever lay ahead...

[ 11-26-2001 09:41 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.100
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-27-2001 09:50 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For the umpteenth time, Jeroc was trying calmly to explain to Jasyn what he wanted. "Look, my name is Jeroc Mahoy. I'm Cella Poliani's partner. I want--no, I need to see Terrin Danner."

The man slitted his eyes at Jeroc. Jeroc took another deep breath.

"It concerns the Nar Khelba, and the lightsaber Cella promised to build."

Suddenly, it seemed his worries were over. Another man and a woman were walking toward where Jasyn'd stopped Jeroc, and he glanced helplessly at the man. "Ah, Terrin Danner, I presume?"

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.14.187
Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 11-27-2001 09:58 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although she was still lost in the eddies of the Force, Cella Poliani was not unable to feel that which was taking place in the Temple around her. Shayla's contact with Thea, and her mysterious entrapment behind a blank stone wall...which had not been there before. Cella shuddered despite herself. What fearsome power, what fearsome purposes...

And the Sith Lady, speaking with the one she called her "Dark Heart", the one whose true identity Cella still could not fathom. She sensed that Thea, because of her link with Shayla, might now be in some peril, though it was unclear to see. Cella was alarmed that the little girl was even an issue. If anyone should take the blame for the Jedi intrusion into the system, it should be Jeroc or Cella. Thea was so innocent, so young...

Hastily, she sent a message to Logan. Thea might be threatened, but it is hard to say. Protect her as best you can. Use those things which Jeroc and I taught you, and reach out with all your senses. Force be with you.

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 172.144.14.187
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-27-2001 10:28 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin tried his best not to look too amused at the sight before him and Galen as they made their way into the main area of camp. Jasyn, standing in front of a new-comer with a lightsaber; the former with his arms crossed and a suspicious look on his face and the latter looking helplessly at Terrin, clearly hoping that he was someone who would listen to him.

"Ah, Terrin Danner, I presume?" the man asked.

"Guilty as charged," Terrin replied. "Sorry if we are a little...ah...jumpy..." he added, eyeing Jasyn, who still looked like he'd rather not get to comfortable with this guy.

Well, buddy, the way our luck is running with our Jedi associates, maybe that's not such a bad idea. Let's just hope we can keep a hold of this one more than a standard hour.

"Alot has happened, even in the short timespan we've been here," he continued. "I think we should head for the Temple soon to up the stakes a bit and encourage the Sith to move in. We need to find Kartan and Jedi Poliani, and get the Nar Khelba.

"Now...there's the matter of the lightsaber for the Nar Khelba. Jedi Poliani was going to construct one for us, so I'm assuming that you will build one for us in her absence. I've had enough of this waiting around for something to happen," Terrin said, glancing over at Galen a moment then turning his attention back to the Jedi, "And I think my group will agree with me on that. My suggestion is to rest a while, construct the lightsaber, and then move in. "

...or are we going to have to try and steal yours too...? Terrin's shoulder devil growled. Once again, he tried his best to ignore it.

"I want my guys," he added, looking over now at Matt and Jasyn, "to get stuff ready for a bit of hiking." Then, giving each member of the group a glance, "After that, I seriously want everyone to try to get some rest. I don't know when we'll have the chance to do so again..."

[ 11-27-2001 11:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.148
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-28-2001 09:18 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I moved alongside Terrin in silence, mulling over his rather surprising words to me. Actually, I think I was in somewhat of a state of shock; I knew we had something strong developing together, but... marriage?!

I chewed on my lip a bit, considering. OK, ol girl; you don't need to worry about placing his life in danger by his being with you. He's clearly stated that he's standing with you in that regard, no matter what might come down the spacelanes. Scratch Objection Number One.

To go on, think about where you are going when all this is said and done. What kind of life lies ahead of you? Do you have a home to go back to? No. Any family to think about--?

My hand slid quietly to my stomach as those words crossed my mind. At first shying away from them like a nervous ikopi, I then firmed to face them head-on.

No family other than the one you are bringing into this world. No one really to return to and remain with, for whatever reason. So scratch Objection Number Two.

I couldn't help the little sigh which escaped me; with a somewhat guilty start, I looked quickly up at Terrin. Good, he didn't hear that. I thought. Then I turned away from him once again to think some more.

Ok, no family, no real plans, no worries about him, he's a strong and resourceful kind of guy, and good looking, too....

Now I cast a little look of another sort up at him. He continued moving toward the other side of camp, where I could see Jasyn confronting another man. I couldn't quite make out who it was; oh well, I'd find out soon enough. Back to the consideration....

Hmmm. Face it, the only time you've been anywhere near being happy in this past horrible year--before you met Terrin, that is-- was when you were free and on your own in "Jester," hunting for Jharmeen. But that heady sense of freedom could just have been a result of the purpose you were filled with.

Now, here you are. Soon to face her. One of you is gonna be walking away from all this... and Galen, if it's you, what are you gonna do then?

I almost stopped in my tracks at that, filled with a rush of something I could only describe as anticipated... loneliness. Somehow, I managed to keep my forward momentum going; I didn't want anything to grab Terrin's attention.

Gotta come to this decision on my own, and if he directs those damned blue eyes at me now it's definitely gonna skew the results, I thought, getting back into a steady pacing rhythm beside his long stride.

Alone. Face it; there you'd be again, all alone in the Galaxy... and it's a mighty big one, isn't it? You could go back to the Bounty Hunter's Guild world and join them; after all, Quee had made it more than clear that you would make a good hunter.

But then, you'd run the risk of facing Sorben again; besides that, is the life of a bounty hunter really the one for you?

Without realizing it I shook my head, oblivious to the sideways glance Terrin shot at me. I just kept on, letting my thoughts carry me forward toward Jasyn and the mystery man.

No. That is not the life for you. That's not any kind of life in which to raise a child; kids need, well, more... stability than that.

Hmmm.... you could go back to the jedi and raise the kid there....

Now a frown was creasing my face, and a dim little part of me was aware that even though Terrin was beginning to concentrate on the potential problem of who Jasyn was talking to, a good portion of his attention was aimed at me.

Like he's waiting. Well... Hell's Bells, ol girl, he IS waiting!

OK, Jedi praxeum is out of the question, I continued abruptly. Fat lot of good they did for you last time you were there... even though you did end up meeting Terrin. But it was all too easy for you to be snagged right out from under their noses, scratch that.

OK then, guess you've considered yourself right into an answer.

The frown on my face turned to a smile as I realized that really, I had known all along what my answer would be. I opened my mouth to whisper a quick response...

...and closed it with a snap.

Speak of the devil, I thought to myself as we came up in front of Jasyn and Jeroc. It's that jedi from the Praxeum. Oh whippie, so THIS is who they send to help us?

This wonderful revelation completely pushed the nice little warm fuzzies I had been starting to develop completely out of my system. Coming to a stop with Terrin, I merely crossed my arms and waited in stony silence, glaring at the jedi and waiting to hear just how he thought he was going to be anything other than bait for us.

[ 11-28-2001 10:26 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-28-2001 10:09 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin wondered, as he stood there waiting for the Jedi to say something, if he had been a little too...bossy...with Master Mahoy. After all, he hadn't really asked the guy to construct the lightsaber for them. Rather, he'd just assumed that was the way it was going to be.

For about one-eighth of a second he felt a bit guilty about this, then like a vapor that little feeling vanished into thin air.

If someone didn't take charge and lay out expectations for this mission, they weren't ever going to get anywhere. And aside from this Jedi, who Terrin really didn't see as someone who would just take the reigns and take charge, he WAS pretty much everyone else's leader here, and he suspected that Galen was waiting for him to make some calls since these WERE his men.

OK, so much for worrying about taking too much control.

Now shaking himself from his thoughts, Terrin finally looked around to see how everyone else was reacting. There was Matt, just quietly waiting, clearly sticking it out to see what Terrin did, just as he usually would. Jasyn, on the other hand, seemed to be pondering whether he should keep his hand on his blaster or not; Terrin couldn't help but be a little amused at the man's suspiciousness.

Galen--well--You've somehow been aware of how she has been reacting this whole time, haven't you, buddy? She'd remained pretty quiet, ever since he'd "popped the question"...Why did he hate the way that little expression sounded at the moment?...but in truth, that's precisely what he had done. Asking her to marry him hadn't taken much consideration or forethought. Even so, Terrin knew it was precisely what he wanted. Some things just don't take a lot of thinking over; sometimes you just know when it's the right thing to do. After all, the idea of making it through this mission to return to his spare and lonely quarters on the Hornett without her knowing just how much he wanted her with him was about as appealing as living in a sensory deprivation tank.

Pretty much forcing himself to pay attention to what was going on at this point, Terrin realized that Galen had her arms crossed and was looking pretty disgusted with this new Jedi arrival.

Glaring blaster bolts through him, no less.

Casting her a sidelong glance then directing his attention back to the Jedi to see if he agreed that they should construct the lightsaber then get moving--like he was going to bargain if the Jedi DIDN'T agree--Terrin just waited...

[ 11-28-2001 10:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.148
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-28-2001 04:24 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeroc nodded at Terrin. "Yes, my partner told me of the promise she made to construct a lightsaber containing the Nar Khelba for you. You are correct in presuming that I have come to you to carry out that promise."

He glanced over at Galen, unsure whether he should say anything to her. He was completely aware that she was furious with him for letting Actar carry her off, and she probably had a right to be. However, he was talking to Terrin now, and he didn't want unnecessary conflict with members of Terrin's party at the moment. Jeroc turned his attention back to Terrin.

"I want you to know that Cella trusted you, and I am ready to do the same, solely on the basis of her judgement...though I do sense your good will." Jeroc smiled faintly, then his expression turned serious once more.

"However, there is one small problem. I could gather the parts for the lightsaber together, but without the crystal, I couldn't do much in the way of assembly. Every lightsaber is different, unique. The crystal is the most vital part of the saber, and without it, I cannot see in my mind how the parts wil come together to make a whole. I do wish I knew the dimensions of this crystal. However, I will try as best I can to construct the outer shell and set up the wiring. And then, perhaps, we will head to the Temple?"

Jeroc continued on, "I'm sure you've already seen firsthand what a dangerous planet this is, and we know the people in charge do not want us here. I want you to know that I am committed to defending the members of this party--though you do look entirely capable of defending yourselves. What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to worry about me having any second thoughts. I'm in this all the way."

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 216.229.196.177
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-28-2001 05:32 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Two words floated in Terrin's mind as he listened to this Jedi. But he tried his best to shove them to the side, knowing that if the Jedi wasn't putting forth the effort to show that he believed the group was perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, he wouldn't have liked that either. Then there was the fact that the guy was quite obviously ignoring Galen. Terrin didn't know why she was so ticked off with him, but he suspected it had to do something with her short tenure at the Jedi Temple.

"Okay, make whatever of the lightsaber you can before we get moving, then we'll be off. Depending on what happens, we will need you to help us out with...recovery...of our team members, but let's play this one thing at a time. So, first the lightsaber, then getting into the Temple."

The Jedi seemed to nod in agreement, and Terrin shifted his gaze to the somewhat-calmer Jasyn. Matt all along had been running through supplies. "The hiking packs are ready, Terrin," Matt said.

"Okay. Then we are ALL going to get an hour or two of sleep at least. Then, as soon as Master Mahoy is ready, we're going."

The other two guys nodded, and Terrin realized he'd probably repeated himself three or four times within the past five minutes.

Sithspit, Terrin, you really have your mind elsewhere.

Pushing all that aside, he turned to Galen, who was now glaring at the Jedi's back as he turned to retrieve whatever he needed to make the weapon. He opened his mouth to say something about that, then shut it as his eyes locked with hers.

Somehow he knew he'd have an answer to both questions that were floating around in his mind; the one he'd voiced just a few minutes before, and the one that he'd yet to ask, about why Master Mahoy seemed to be such an irritation to her.

As the two of them headed for the sleeping packs, Terrin remained quiet, all the while hoping for an answer to at least one of those two questions...

[ 11-28-2001 07:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 11-28-2001 07:21 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith Lord sat patiently as the chosen daughter told him of the child. His countanance remaind in tact as her words softly fell upon his ears allowing the wheels of destiny to turn. She finished and a smerk began to cross his lips. He was of course aware of the events and the child but he always found amusement a the evilness his love forged in her heart.

He stood looking upon her with such delight the all encompassing them in its razor sharp embrace. He raised a black clawed finger to her lips running the tip jaggedly, slowly across her bottom lip. His anger rose slightly that these insignificant "jedi" were ruining his homecomming; indeed it had been to long. Soon he tempered the all, soon. The palm of his hand cupped her check and his turquise eyes pierced her own. "There is much afoot my dark one", he wispered, "it is time for the events to proceed."

He turned on his heels knowing that his dark heart would follow him just as the swirling sith he so easily commanded. He trusted her as he trusted no one else. There souls were one, married in the All for all eternity. A slight grimace and pain touched his evil heart as certain immages floated to the surface. Immages that would have to be questioned at a later time but immages that could never change his feelings.

He glanced momentarily at the adepts once again restored door as he softly hissed "We shall see young one." The shadows seemed to well up in a mocking tidal wave before crashing against her door. This quick action sent chills through Graysith. Would her adept truely be capable of passing her Dark Lords tests? She would have to....

The Dark Lord strode through the Dining Hall; it was difficult to tell it it was his cape billowing or the ever present sith. He reached the doorway for the command center were he could hear Jin's delight. He entered the doorway turning slightly before stopping to allow Graysith entry.

He glanced at Jin, "it is time Jin, 'my brother'has been away to long don't you think my love?" He said the last with a slight pain to his evil smile bestowed upon Graysith. He allowed it to broaden "there are matters to be attended to at a later time but for now my dark heart, we have much afoot." He allowed his words to carress her as he pulled her to him in a stronge embrace befor kissing her full on the lips.

The all rose up in a billowy black smoke around them as the door slid shut.

[ 11-29-2001 06:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 11-28-2001 07:44 PM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The darkness in Erik's cell seemed to swell and he could tell he was not alone. The was slight movement as a figure perhaps half his size sat on its hunchs in the corner. The room was ice cold at this beings presence and there was no dought this was pure Sith. Any light that could be mustered within the room seemed to shunn its presence, that along with small blood red eyes were the only signs it was truely there.

"Awaken" it demonically growled a tail wipping around to catch is leg bringing glee to its owner at the razor sharpness of its contact. Erik knew that whatever this 'thing' was that small blow had drawn blood.

"I have been sent for you."

Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-28-2001 07:59 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A glacial chill washed through Graysith in response to the images she saw rising up in Lord Roan's dark mind. She shuddered as its ice coursed through her veins, coming up against and meeting headlong the great waves of fire which likewise strove to encompass her very essence as her Lord took her in his arms again. The two diametrically opposing forces struggled together for a brief moment; then a sly little smile crept across her face as they merged, softening each other, supporting each other, strengthening each other in the flow of the All which quite suddenly blazed forth in a burst of electromagnetic radiance from the Glyph. The smile broadened as Jinn's ecstatic bleeps daggered into her ears.

"My Lord, where have you been?!" it bleebled happily, it's primary sensory lens blinking rapidly, data streams scrolling across its monitor for Roan's edification. "Indeed, it is so good that you have returned! I have gone simply out of my way to take care of the Chosen Daughter in your absence...."

It wound down to a halt with those words, the electronic bleeps and chortles somehow sounding a bit on the anxious side.

Graysith merely smiled further, and took one graceful step out of her Lord's arms and toward Jinn. "My Dark Heart knows of your loyalty and prowess, Jinn," she said softly, not a hint of her earlier altercations with the recalcitrant computer marring her words. "And now you may continue with your usefulness toward him.

"He wishes to contact his...brother; I am sure you are fully aware to who it is we refer. Please do so now, dear Jinn, that my Lord may speak with him."

She then fell silent, melting back into Roan's arms, and quietly waited while Jinn followed her command, and through it, that of Dark Lord Roan. For a moment all was silent save for the soft clicks and chatters as the computer sought to link with another light years distant. Then the connection was made.

Slowly, the screen stabilized from static to a dark and fearsome countenance. One all horns and volcanic eyes, whose skin was the color of blood and whose demeanor as a cry of despair. The imposing visage stared silently for a moment from the screen, steadily looking out at the image of Graysith in the arms of the Dark Lord of the Sith. Then those volatile eyes closed, the horned head bowed in brief acknowledgement.

"What is it you command of me, my...Brother?" Aelvedaar asked in his deep bass voice.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.182
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 11-28-2001 08:06 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik's eyes went wide, looking at the thing he'd HOPED he'd dreamed up but in fact had not. As it spoke, whatever it was, it whipped it's tail, which slammed down on Erik's right leg, leaving at least a few deep cuts at removal.

Believing this was who the Sith had sent for him, Erik forced himself to stand, blood oozing freely from the open wounds on his leg. He gathered all of his strength and presence of mind and said simply, "I am ready."

[ 11-28-2001 08:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.148
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-29-2001 10:04 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Shayla sat on the floor of her dimly-lit room, meditating upon herself and her surroundings, she sensed a niggle through a link that had been silent for quite some time.

Leev? she called softly.

The niggle responded and slowly grew into sentient speech. Missstresssss?

His response was weak, but it was there. Are you injured badly? she queried. Though she knew the injury had to be significant to keep the Noghri down this long, the questioning was more to strengthen the creature's return to consciousness. As well as questioning, Shayla sent a tendril of her strength out to her bodyguard, bringing upon faster healing.

Better am I, he replied.

As the link began grow stronger, Shayla tapped into Leev's visual memory so as to see what he had before he was taken down.

The woman...the pregnant one, in an altercation with the Noghri. What happened was a blur, but at some point the woman was knocked unconscious and suddenly a lightsaber blade flashed.

Leev was critically injured.

Anger boiled up in the pit of Shayla's gut as she watched the scene. Terrin Danner and his little friend will pay for this, as will Cella Poliani.

Leev must have sensed Shayla's unspoken thoughts. Retrrrrrrrrieve one of these, shall I?

Shayla shook her head, as though the Noghri could actually see her. Not yet. Keep watch. I will ask Graysith if we should move in. You take care.

Healing, I am, he assured her.

Good, she thought. Then to the Noghri, I or Graysith will let you know what to do shortly, she said, turning her thoughts elsewhere.

This could be the perfect opportunity to snag another of these uninvited guests, but Shayla wouldn't dare to do so without Graysith's consent. Besides, she was uncertain as to whether Graysith wanted just the woman, or her and the others that Terrin had brought along. Although she'd only stated that she wanted the pregnant woman, having Terrin out in the Khar Delban jungle while someone he loved...yes, LOVED...was trapped in the Temple might not be the best scenario. Terrin Danner didn't have a lick of Force-sense, but he could be damned persistent when he wanted to be. Shayla's thinking was that if they took Terrin first, he would both be out of their way and would also make the perfect bait to entice the woman along. Although they seemed to be heading in this direction, the whole thing was taking forever.

Still, this wasn't Shayla's call, and she knew it.

Sending these thoughts out to her Teacher and letting her know that Leev was well, Shayla waited for the other to reply. Graysith seemed preoccupied at that moment, and Shayla didn't want to intrude. In the meantime, she kept her senses open to the watchful eyes and ears of her Noghri bodygaurd, who was staying well away from the camp of the intruders, but still close enough to move in, if that's what he was called upon to do...

[ 11-29-2001 10:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.148
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 11-29-2001 05:09 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Holding Graysith in his arms the dark lord could feel her pressed tightly to his chest. Their hearts seemed to beat as one just as it should be; they were part of the all and at this moment they were the great all. He watched as Jin summoned reached out accross time. How good it would be to see his brother once more, to feel the evil sith trinity unite. The screen swirled to life before presenting the familiar figure. He smiled comforted by the sight and the knowledge of the Lords acceptance of his unity with his dark heart.

"It is good to see you again brother, it has been to long," he said through his blackened smile. "The time for your return has come there is much to do and the time of the Sith Trinity is at hand. The Chosen Daughter has learned much and I am greatful for your.....
care of her in my absence." He said the last phrase with a slight snear. He could feel a chill run through Graysith at the carefull wording her Lord used. Yes there was much to discuss about her care in his absence but that could wait for a face to face meeting.

The sith lord gave the chosen one a final comforting squeeze before releasing his embrace to step forward. "What say you brother, there are those gathered that might provide us with an .....exercise of sorts, shall I prepare for your arrival." His smile broadened as he waited for the others reply.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 11-29-2001 05:30 PM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The creature sneared at Erik before licking the sweet blood dripping from his tail. His own blood mixed with his wards as the razor sharpness of his pointy tails touch nicked his own tounge. The outline of sharp teeth bathed in blood could be seen through the darkness only making the creature of the sith more gruesome. He seemed to delight in the shadows as he regarded his ward with no more then an afterthought to his snack. He whirled around to the entrance with a gesture his tail barely missing Erik's other leg before exiting. His hunched form gave little away of his appearance as the light seemed to ellude him. The shadows surrounded him entirly melding to his form as Erik exited behind him.

Erik could hear his claws scrapping the floor as his warden seemed to almost trot down the hallway. The pain was intense as he could easily look down at the gapping wound left on his leg that left a trail of blood in the hall. The creature looked back almost in torment as he wished to abandon his mission for the morsel but did not dare to disappoint his masters. Erik had to hold back the shivers from the cold of the sith mixed with his own blood lose.

The creature led his ward to the doorway of the chosen daughters old room. He turned only his eyes visible from the unholy shadows of the dimly lit hall. "You know what must be done," he groweled excitedly from his crouched position. He bent quickly to devoure one last treat from the hallway floor before opening the door to a starteled Shayla.

[ 11-29-2001 06:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-29-2001 07:11 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Shayla sat on the floor of her quarters, still angry about her bodygaurd’s near-fatal injury and awaiting Graysith to reply to her about what Leev should do next, her door suddenly creaked open at the whim of some short dark creature that Shayla barely saw before it disappeared. She rose to head to the door and follow the thing, whatever it was, but as she stood she froze. In the doorway now stood a male figure, about average height, with chin-length hair.

A very familiar male figure, no less.

As he stepped into her room, a rather blank yet somehow pained expression on his face, Shayla stood there numbly, unsure of what to do. As she took every feature of him in, she noticed a pool of blood developing on the floor where he stood.

Yet another one I care about, injured, she thought angrily. Stooping to the floor, she touched the wound and he winced, but at her touch it disappeared and his flightsuit became unmarred. Standing again, she gazed up at him, her blue-green eyes searching the depths of his dark brown ones to find...

...nothing...??? What was this?!

Taking a few steps back from him and allowing the door to close behind them, Shayla assessed the feelings welling up within him. He loved her, that she knew and he couldn’t dare deny it. But, there was something else about this whole thing that seemed...OUT OF PLACE somehow...

Coming up to him yet again, she took his chin in her hand and pulled him to her, planting a long and full kiss upon his lips. He didn’t resist her, but...

Stepping back from him, she frowned and crossed her arms, arching an eyebrow.

Had he come all this way, only to turn HER away?

“Shayla...I...” he started, his voice sounding strained. Then he firmed. “I love you, but I can’t be with you, not now. I don’t understand what this is you are becoming. I’m truthfully afraid of the Evil and cruelty I’ve seen surrounding it. I know this is what you want, though, so...you’ve made your choice.” The last words seemed to have a hint of an edge to them, and Shayla was frankly shocked. “I dismiss you, Shayla Stargazer Petrolu, to do that which you desire.”

Her look suddenly turned dark, and a chill rose within the room that had not been there before. But just as soon as the anger swelled within her, Shayla’s face hardened, evidencing no signs of the pure anger she had shown only moments before.

We can be together, you and I Erik,” she said. “But first you must learn the ways of the All. You can learn, just as I am.”

"The All?" he questioned, realizing that this was somehow the reality of that hideous dream which replayed in his sleep over and over.

"Only in time, shall you understand," she answered cryptically.

“Please,” he replied, now pleading, “Let me leave this place.”

She cocked her head at him, focusing on the emotion within him once again. She dared not even try to explain the All to him; she knew that if she thought he was capable, and he survived through all this that she would be allowed to show him the way.

But not yet.

That he was truly frightened was a given. Erik had never seen Shayla so direct, so decisive, so emotional. He’d also been through quite an ordeal, and he had succeeded in finding her. Shayla knew he wanted to go, and she knew even more that he wanted her to come with him.

But she wished to remain here, so here she would stay.

Him...well...

“You cannot leave this place. You know too much,” she explained, now certain that at some point her experiences here had been placed within his own mind. “You will learn the ways of the All,” she continued, her throat catching as she realized what she was about to say and that it indeed was very true, “Or you will be destroyed.”

Erik backed into the door, and went to open it, no doubt to run, to get away. Things were moving too fast, and he wasn’t at all certain that he was succeeding in that one task he had been required to do...

He had tried his best, and in truth, he wasn’t certain at all if this was the Shayla Petrolu he had been in love with...

...His emotions were spinning too fast; too much data was presenting itself for him to come to a solution in the mental state that he now found himself...

With the wave of her hand, Shayla locked the door. Erik, who was emotionally overwrought at this point, sank to the floor, horror filling his contenance as she, the one he loved...Yes, LOVED!...came to him. Terror took hold, having free reign in his mind and his heart. In only a few brief moments, before she ever came close enough to touch him once again, the world went black.

Suddenly feeling the need to keep him with her, Shayla telekentically raised him onto her bed. There she sat next to him, stroking his dark tresses, pondering.

Yes...he WILL be a part of my All. He has the strength. Only in time...

[ 11-29-2001 07:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.148
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 11-29-2001 07:17 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A dark smile creases my face in response to the words of my "brother" Sith, although I must admit it hides a touch of consternation in regard to the One Whom I Had Chosen across the light-years and the millennia. For just one small moment I let a tinge of... dismay... peep into tiny existence within me; she who I had once made to forget Him is now taken back. But, all is for the All, and the Resurrection; if the Chosen Daughter finds the greatest succor and balance in the arms in my brother Sith, then so be it.

I look into her violet eyes and there read what I knew from the first time I took her: her heart was never truly her own to give to me.

Now I straighten, my volcanic eyes boring into the brilliant turquoise pair before me, the smile on my face deepening to read the markings of this One. The smoky and near-black purples of the swirls upon his face merging almost seamlessly with the ebony of his skin denotes him as being a Sith Lord of the Warrior caste, as my own red integuement marks me as one of the Caste of Sorcerers. I blink my fearsome eyes slowly, and once again tip my horns to him, not in deference to him but rather a simple acknowledgement and greeting.

"It is good to see you have survived, Brother," I commented to him, reading the amusement in his eyes. I also read a touch of almost... ravening curiosity. I know his interest is picqued as to how I arrived in this time and place as well. But such revelations are for times when we have less of import to deal with; now there are intruders once again at the Gates, seeking to harm the Chosen One. This I sense as clearly as I do her discomfort at my brother's face-to-face meeting with me here... such as it is. Nothing must happen to this One; she is all there is in whom the All has combined.

I let this thought enter into my Brother's mind as I continued speaking aloud with him. "I am aware of those who hover outside the Temple. Indeed, there are a few I have already toyed with; purely for idle entertainment, you understand."

Now my own fangs are exposed as I smile fully and with suddenly deadly intent.

"I have come to a near finish in my machinations in this hidden place," I said succinctly. "If my presence with the two of you is desired, if the Trinity is to form, then I--"

I reach out one clawed hand, grasping the molecules which make up the fabric of spacetime, and with one simple gesture weave them into a simple tunnel through which I step...

...into the Command Center of the superb Temple of the Sith. My smile now broad and genuine, I continue to reach out that same hand, grasping his forearm with it, swelling with satisfaction at the strength of his returning grip upon my own. His other hand slaps my shoulder; mine makes contact with his in turn.

"--I shall come, as indeed I have. And this time..."

I turn to Graysith, boring one final look into her magnificent violet eyes.

"...this time I shall stay until our Destiny is fulfilled, and the Sith have risen again."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.22

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05