my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Great Temple at Khar Delba (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Great Temple at Khar Delba
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-11-2001 01:20 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Upon the entrance of this Other into the depths of the Temple, Shayla suddenly felt as though she'd rather like to seep into the floor, and she guessed that if she did no one would ever notice. He directed some words torwards Graysith; words which Shayla heard but didn't give much attention; rather she was more interested in the fact that before her stood a strong Dark Presence, but even so there was something else there...

As she stood there next to Graysith trying to analyze this strange discrepancy, her Teacher requested her to depart. Suggested that there might be some threat to her safety if she didn't do so. Shayla cocked her head to the side and opened her mouth to say something, possibly a refusal to leave her Teacher with the likes of this guy.

But...

Some little shoulder devil perched on her shoulder hissed What could you do about it anyway?

Frowning, Shayla reluctantly left the Great Hall, closing the doors behind her but quite aware of the turmoil within. As she headed down the hallway to her suite, Shayla was keenly aware of Graysith's call to Nikk and M'wonBo'o to come to her. Not wishing to prod into something that she shouldn't, Shayla carefully backed away from all that might be traveling through this link of student and Teacher.

Arriving at her quarters, Shayla reached a hand out to open the door as the word No...!!! rang out through that link even though Shayla had tried to silence it and not intrude. The depth of feelings raging were becoming harder to ignore by the moment.

Still frozen at the door, Shayla reminded herself that Nikk and M'wonBo'o were with Graysith. Again reaching out for the door, Shayla couldn't miss seeing the fleeing Graysith out of the corner of her eye, the Noghri and the beast trailing quickly behind her. Moments after she hurried past, He followed, more calmly than she but still with great swiftness.

As he passed, Shayla's hand dropped to her side and she turned away from the door. She watched his retreating form, that something else pulsating from his being as well as from the link she maintained with her Teacher.

Stay out of it, a voice from nowhere warned.

For the third time, Shayla turned and went to push the door open. Only this time she felt something that made her breath catch in her throat. She didn't move a millimeter, thinking that maybe she had only imagined it.

Only a flicker it was, but these things only took a single nanosecond.

A veil momentarily opened...then closed as quickly as it had been drawn apart...

He was here, in these walls, somewhere deep within...

All she had to do was seek him out; though his presence was gone once more he was HERE.

Wait, that little voice suggested. You know not what might be at stake here; how dare you go trailing off after your own desires when they just might endanger the greater good?

He was here, and he was safe. Now was NOT the time.

Taking a deep breath and yet again reaching for her door, Shayla entered her suite and waited patiently, remaining keenly attuned to that link she shared with Her, knowing the greater good now depended on her calm and abiding loyalty to She who had instructed her...

...even at the expense of leaving something else behind, if only for a time...

[ 11-11-2001 01:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.90
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-11-2001 02:42 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Terrin was standing there waiting for Cella to reply, his hands still firmly placed on Galen's shoulders, someone stepped up next to him and tapped him on the arm.

"Uh...Terrin?" Matt asked, trying to get his attention.

Terrin turned to look at him, suddenly realizing that he'd not really paid much attention to what he and Jasyn had been doing during this little exchange between Galen and the Jedi.

"What is it, Matt?" Terrin asked, arching an eyebrow in question.

"Remember that funny-looking ship that we saw while we were on the Hornett?"

"Yeah?" Terrin turned a little more sideways, suddenly noticing Jasyn fiddling with one of his scanner-things as though trying to interpret the data it was registering.

Terrin didn't like where this was going.

"Uhhh..." Matt continued, looking nervous. Everyone had now turned in his direction, waiting for what he was going to say, "A ship like that just flew overhead."

Terrin frowned, shifting nervously.

The last time he'd encountered one of those ships it had been flown by a Sith...

His frown growing deeper, Terrin looked down at Galen, his now-darking blue eyes meeting her big brown ones.

Another Sith or not, there wouldn't be much they could do about this except be aware and be prepared.

Meanwhile a little voice in Terrin's mind noted annoyingly, Oh HELL, but this keeps getting worse and worse...

[ 11-11-2001 02:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.90
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-11-2001 03:16 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SORBEN?!?

I couldn't help it. At the mere mention of another Sith ship flashing overhead, his name sprang into my mind. There were only three such ships ever having been seen in this day and age, one being recently commanded by my ex-sister and now lethal foe. The other two had been flown by me; and one of those had been flung into this very primary by that nasty Sith Lord my once sibling found herself so attached to. The other one...?

Left behind on Quee's ship, docked in Dalius City where I had fled from my past to seek out a new future. Only he and Sorben and K'kihl knew anything about it... and of those three, the Verpine stood as the most reasonable choice as one with the ability to fly the durned thing. Khaandon knows it took me long enough to get it figured out myself; and K'kihl never went far from Sorben's side if he could help it....

I instinctively backed into the protection of Terrin's arms, seeking his warm assurance and strength. I suddenly so very much did NOT want to come remotely close to being face to face with that bounty hunter....

Then logic took over. There would be no reason in the world that he would be coming here, I assured myself. And you know it took forever to learn how to fly that thing; he might have been good, but there's no way he could have all the subtleties figured out this soon. Even K'kihl relied heavily upon you the few times you handed control of Jester II to him; no way it's anyone from your past rising up to haunt you now.

Which brought forth an even more worrisome question... rather, not so much a question as a chilling suspicion.

It had to be another Sith. But who?

I shivered, pressing myself back even more strongly into Terrin's embrace. The jeopardy we faced had apparently just doubled... and knowing of the Sith as I did, the doubling was not merely arithematic.

Beyond geometry even... our risk factor was increasing logarithmically.

I shivered again, grabbing Terrins hands and physically moving them from my shoulders to encompass me fully. But even from the security of that position, I only had eyes for the lady Jedi. She continued to stand quietly before us, still pondering Terrin's little speech, her eyes darkening further at the disquieting words Matt had just bombshelled onto us.

I broke the stunned silence with a hissing whisper. "Well, Jedi, it looks like the ball is rolling into your left field now, doesn't it?" I questioned. "This is certainly getting to be more and more in your arena!"

Then I turned my face into Terrin's broad chest, and buried it there. Khaandon be damned, but I didn't care who was looking at that moment.

[ 11-11-2001 03:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.205.71
Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 11-11-2001 06:05 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sith ship!?! Cella's mind was roiling. "Well, I suppose the ball is in my court now, more or less," she replied slowly. "Mind if I call for reinforcements?" Danner and his crew looked at her in puzzlement as she tried to elaborate.

"My partner is currently in my ship, in orbit around Keel Doba. Being that we are Jedi," a slight smile curved her lips, "I could have him here in no time flat...if he's needed. But there are...others...to think about. A young girl and adolescent boy are in our care, and we must keep them safe."

"And," continued Cella, "in my opinion, there is merit in this 'live bait' plan. But..." Cella hesitated. "If anyone in our party is to be endangered, I'd rather it be me. However, I don't wish to interfere with your mission; like you, I haven't any better ideas at the moment." Cella sighed.

She felt Galen glowing like an intense double star, the presence of the child quite distinct now. How she wished she had tried to protect Galen and the child while they were at the Praxeum...and how she hoped they would be able to protect this innocent one from the battle sure to come.

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 172.150.69.166
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-11-2001 10:23 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin kept his arms tight around Galen, keenly aware that Cella had pretty much just blasted his last hope of ditching this "live bait" idea.

Galen wasn't the bait because she was Force sensitive like Cella or the others or because she was a Jedi. Galen was the bait because of the pregnancy and because one of the Sith was her sister...her sister who truly wanted her...for whatever vengeful purposes of her own.

Forcing himself to get back to the other matter at hand, Terrin reasoned through the possibilities of calling for "reinforcements", as Cella had put it.

Arrival of another ship could set off alarms. But after the attack on Cella and Erik (HAD to have been just him and her...) Terrin had a suspicion someone already knew that they were here.

Instinctively he pulled Galen in closer, as though trying somehow to shield her with himself.

Considering they were up against two Sith and a possible student, they could really use all the Jedi help they could get...

"Reinforcements might be helpful. As for the young girl and adolescent boy, if they are on a ship orbiting K'eel Doba they can either be placed in the care of my crew. All your Jedi friend needs to do is contact Aaron Barnes on my ship the Hornett and let him know the situation."

Terrin paused, chewing his lower lip as he thought of everything and nothing.

He wanted this to be over with, NOW. He wanted Galen to be safe and feel secure about where she was while she was carrying this baby. He wanted...

...he wanted to live out a long life with her.

Momentarily pushing his thoughts aside, he added aloud, "If your Jedi friend decides to come, use whatever method you've got to get him here as quickly as possible. I'm guessing Kartan used a hit and fade...that might work. Just...whatever you come up with..." he said, his words trailing, his thoughts turning inward again.

As Cella turned to make contact with her partner, that same annoying voice that always popped up at the wrong times added, Whatever you come up with, lady, make it fast...!

[ 11-12-2001 08:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.90
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 11-13-2001 05:31 AM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith Lord couldn't help but feel her; her thoughts, her very essence as it ebbed and flowed with the realization. He stood motionless as it washed over her like a cleansing Corillian stream. He allowed her to see that form that she had grown so acustom to for so long. He allowed it to merge with his true Sith form so no mistake could be made.

As she backed away only to run down the corridor the pain she felt washed over him. It was a necessary evil for now as time was running out. The must ban together as their "guest" would soon arive and he fully intended to great them with all the forces of the Sith at his command.

He followed swiftly behind with no question of were the end destination would be. He passed by her new adept sending her a mental warning and giving her a brief glance at the trivial matter that so consummed her. He allowed his minuon's to wisper a reminder of were her loyalties should be and how with a mere thought her "matter" could be delt with.

His attention once more focused on the Chosen Daughter. So much had been taken from her and yet so much would he give back to her again. Never would he leave her again this he vowed as if once again making a deal of his dark soul to the all. Our destiny will not be denied!

He came to a halt just behind her quivering form. Slowly yet confidently he aproached her. He knew the loyal one's were hesitant but he ignored their presence as he placed his stronge hands on her sholders. He bent his black lips close to her ear pressing her closely to him and wispered in that oh so familiar voice "I have returned Graysith. She has taken much from us," he wispered as a clawed hand softly touched her stomach, "but I will see to it the all will be avenged."

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-13-2001 01:03 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A welcoming rush of heat flowed out from where the Dark Lord laid his clawed hands so gently upon her, taking up the deeply held pain she had carried with her for so long and flushing it from her essence with the cleansing power of a blast furnace. In its ebbing wake was left clarity and realization as all the little puzzles pieces so suddenly and so easily fell into place.

Now, at last, she understood why He had turned on her so unreasonably upon his return to Khar Delba... the time so long ago, when in his absence she strove with all her being to impress Him and fulfill his every wish... when she had managed to capture not only her sister, but the bounty hunter Sorben Tarnus who had eluded Him for so long... how long she had scoured her soul for the reasons he had not only dismissed her presentation of these two personages to Him, but had cast her off to Atma as a rancor discards carrion.

Now how well she understood His unseemly and seemingly incongruous descent into utter madness, madness which led to her into sending Him off to the Elseness, madness with which he had threatened not only herself, but the Huntress Gouyen Chee and Dark Lord Desolist as well.

Now, clearly presented to her, was the reason why with his first entry into her mind she could sense absolutely no Lightness within... Lightness which might have affected the attraction of that in her own soul, which in turn may have prevented the joining of her Light with his Dark in triggering the All which she now carried as part of her very being... Lightness which then materialized in THIS form some time later within this very room, surrounded by these very candles, that balance within him creating further balance in herself and allowing the All to blaze into joyous and radiant life.

Clones have not the inherent strength to deal with such profundities; they degrade over time when constantly impacted with events they cannot control, cannot incorporate within themselves. He who she had known during the majority of her stay here in this wondrous Temple was but a pale copy of the One who that one day had let his essence mingle as one with hers amidst the dimming of candles, who on that day gave her so much more than merely her heart and her soul.

Her slender hand slipped down to lay lightly upon the one of His resting on her belly. Her eyes closed tightly as a new pain coursed through her.

So the youngling had been His and not Aelvedaar's....

Fighting against the weak moisture which threatened to rise in her eyes, she spoke up in a low whisper.

"I cannot bear another."

Abruptly she whirled, her hands now laying lightly against the robes upon his chest, her violet eyes raised to gaze steadily into his, seeking his strength, that strength she had somehow continued to believe in all through what she believed to be his descent into insanity and death. Strength which so amazingly he was here to offer her again. For a long moment, she merely stood thus, her focus intent upon Him.

Then before her the vision of crimson and blue and black and gold, with flowing hair the color of night and physical features so merely human gradually segued into what he really was: the co-mingling of Dark and Light in the shadowy swirls of purple and black now incorporated into his skin, the ebon sheen of his teeth, the glint of the candles' light upon the sharpness of those teeth, and the very claws upon his hands.

For a long moment she looked upon Him, unafraid now, not drawing back, recognizing Him beneath the superficial facade he now wore. And realizing with a sudden electric jolt that she loved Him as much as she ever had.

Fighting the rising tide of emotions, she forced herself to remain absolutely silent, her eyes drowning within that aspect of him which yet remained the same. The almost palpable glow emanating from his turquoise eyes encompassed her, able at last to greet her fully, promising her revenge against the terrible deed which had been perpetrated against her, against them, against the Sith...

...against the All.

She stood quietly, trembling no longer, the fact that there were intruders in their midst, the fact that jedi contaminated the very soil of this planet, the fact that the one who had caused her to lose her child was just outside the Temple doors...

...all fading into pale insignificance before the wondrous and utterly joyous impossibility now before her.

Her Dark Heart had returned to Khar Delba... and to her.

[ 11-13-2001 11:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21
Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 11-13-2001 05:39 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella breathed deeply and reached out for Jeroc, feeling the deep peace and security of their connection. Jeroc, your help is urgently needed. The Sith Lady has returned, and we sense the presence of yet another Sith with her...a new one. Worse yet, Erik is still lost to me. I have been injured and am still quite weak. Captain Danner has most graciously offered to let us place Logan and Thea in the care of his crew on the Hornett. Make haste, my love...

Jeroc's reply was almost instantaneous. I'll be there as soon as I can get Thea and Logan into good hands. It would definitely be a good idea to keep in touch with Logan, since he knows the terrain somewhat. I plan to use the same tactic as Erik did to reach you and use the Pride's cloakers. Force be with you, Cella. The connection was broken.

Cella turned back to Terrin and Galen. "My partner will be here as soon as he can make arrangements for our Padawans." She smiled and bowed a little. "It was most gracious of you to offer your ship as sanctuary for them, and our hearts are a little eased knowing that they will be safe. The older boy may be of some help--he struck out on his own a while back. Thankfully, he came back to us, but not without gathering some information that might prove quite useful."

Cella thought a minute. "Come to think of it, it would be possible for my partner and I to create a distraction of sorts that would make it possible for the two of you to go in and get the Nar Khelba. We could try to split our Force presences to make us seem many...but I don't know if our tactics would work against this Sith. I hope that Logan will be able to shed some light on this."

She tried to fight the overwhelming feelings of helplesness. "Have you any idea where exactly we are? I mean, relative to this Sith temple? I sense it somewhat, but only on the edges of my perception. When I try to find it directly, it disappears. Obviously, it's quite well hidden."

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 172.152.185.249
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-13-2001 10:45 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A distraction?

Well, Terrin didn't really know much about this Force stuff. Heck, he didn't know hardly anything about it at all.

As Galen turned in his arms to regard the woman before them, Terrin merely shrugged.

Who was he to have the final say on these things? He was more information smuggler and salesman than he would EVER be a tactician.

But something was gnawing in the back of his head, some little shoulder-devil gone warning bell, waving its arms madly. Terrin decided it was time to listen to what this little thing chewing at his brain had to tell him.

Logic would dictate that using Galen as "live bait" would mean the moment they arrived on the surface of Khar Delba the game would begin. But if that were the case...

Why had they been on the surface this long seemingly undetected and certainly undisturbed?

...Well, there was Erik...

The warning bell got even louder as Terrin mulled. He ignored it until it was pratically blaring at him.

YOU ARE BEING WATCHED!!!

She knows you are here! Perhaps she knows that you are coming to the Temple regardless of what she does to hasten the process?

Terrin shuddered slightly, the logic of this line of thought hitting home. Galen glanced up at him, her big brown eyes in obvious question.

A chill in the air, he told her. He'd talk to her later about this, away from prying eyes. Suddenly, he felt very vunerable out in the open...

Just HOW MUCH were they being watched, if this wasn't just a touch of his wild imagination playing terrible tricks on him?

Terrin suddenly realized his worries needed to be paid attention to NOW, whether they were unfounded or not. If they were being watched at all, they certainly didn't need to be discussing tactics out in the open.

"Let's talk about this inside," he suddenly blurted, motioning to the larger of their two tents.

Galen turned and looked at him curiously but followed him anyway. Within a few moments he, Galen, and Cella had managed to squeeze into a tent. Matt and Jasyn remained outside, Jasyn still fiddling with that scanner of his. Terrin would fill them in later.

"Sorry," Terrin said, suddenly feeling silly at his sudden suspicion. "Just felt odd discussing strategies out in the open."

He let the explanation hang in the air a moment. Cella remained fairly unreadable, but Galen frowned and furrowed her brow a bit, possibly understanding what might be going through his head.

"Galen knows where the Temple is," Terrin continued. "Now about this distraction...I don't know anything about this Force stuff, so if it'll work at all, Cella, that'll have to be in yours and Galen's department..."

[ 11-13-2001 10:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.183
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-13-2001 11:59 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla sat in her room on the side of her bed, nonchalantly swinging her lightsaber blade around in front of her in infinity loops. Her blue-green eyes were focused somewhere beyond the blade though, to something that couldn't even be seen.

She was with Him, somehow Shayla just knew it.

But if She was with Him, then what of the Sith Sorceror? And what of this Darth Wicked that she had obviously loved very much?

Shayla knew she would understand this in time. Her mind floated to something else, something that had been chewing at her insides since this guy had arrived.

He had an obvious interest in Graysith, and Shayla didn't know all the reasons for that and had no reason to question it. She hadn't expected to be a big player in this yet either since she was not fully trained in the ways of the All.

But she wasn't a bug to be crunched either.

Upon introspection, Shayla realized that it was Him who had given her the image of Erik and allowed her to know where he was. Was he testing her loyalty to Graysith, or something else? After all, he didn't know her so he might question her loyalty where Graysith had already tested it.

Shayla decided not to worry about it for the moment. She might have her chance to prove her loyalties, if He remained. But worrying over what she couldn't prove at the moment wouldn't help at all. Besides, she trusted that if Graysith and He came to some sort of union...Union?...that she would tell him of the importance her Adept had to her.

The importance?

Shayla was keenly aware of the mind of a little girl reaching out to her, telling her just how important she was to she and the Jedi.

But if I'm so important, why don't they tell me that themselves? she responded mentally, grimacing.

With Graysith, Shayla was certain that she was of importance.

I care...

There was only one other person that Shayla believed she was of great importance to. In time, she hoped her analysis of him was as accurate as she believed.

Closing down the blade of the lightsaber and laying back on her bed, Shayla swam in her thoughts and her emotions, the Light and the Dark ones alike.

Emotions free-flowing, in unity with one another, creating something greater than the sum of their parts...

[ 11-14-2001 12:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.183
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 11-14-2001 05:57 AM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Lord stood before The Chosen One holding her in his arms as he had so many times. His dark sith soul had played this out in so many ways but non more perfect then the reality that was now before him. What was once only an ember of the light now began to blaze evenly with the dark; only she could trigger that is such a black sith soul.

His features softened as they gazed upon each other and the all blazed forth causing the once flickering candels to ignite. An inferno now filled the room sending shock waves through the force that could not be denied both within the temple and without. The wave reached forth with a clawed hand racking across the souls of sith and jedi alike. The master had indeed returned and his chosen one, his love, was once again at his side.

He did not mask the love in his turquise eyes nor did he deny her his strength. Never again would he deny her he vowed both silently and verbally as there souls kissed.
The all danced around them singing once more in a loud cressendo.

He caressed her cheek with a clawed hand so very gently as if she might break into a million pieces. "I would move all the moons of Keldor to stay like this for eternity my love" he wispered through his ebony lips, "but there is much to prepare for 'our guests'." He said the last with such a devilish snarl that it sent chills down Graysith's spine. The injustice done to them would not go unpunished. The lose to the great Lord and Lady was to tremendous.

He pulled her into his great arms, engulfing her, protecting her. Indeed the dark one had returned and nothing would ever be the same....

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-14-2001 11:07 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Feeling the need to "keep an eye on things" while Graysith was preoccupied, Shayla tapped into the link between she and Leev, assessing the going-ons of a small campsite just a little ways beyond the Temple.

Her, in his arms. Cella Poliani, clearly making plans with them. A sudden motion by him, a move into a tent...

Shayla grinned devilishly at this, amused. You can run, but you can't hide. I know of the plans you make and that you will soon be here.

Shayla's mind shifted back to one image in particular.

She was in his arms? Had Terrin Danner found yet another that he could con then leave?

Shayla pursed her lips, assessing this unusual image a bit further. Analyzing it within and without, she reached one conclusion, albeit a surprising one.

My, my, Terrin, but you do know how to love!

Shayla wondered if Terrin was truly aware of how high the stakes were; of what this woman he so obviously loved had done. Likewise she wondered if he knew of her pregnancy and the power of the child within her.

That child did not belong in the hands of those who would not hone his powers. Shayla could sense the power of the Child within her even now, although she wasn't very far along. If the Child was this powerful now...how powerful would he be later?

Indeed, he belonged here, where his powers would be truly appreciated and where he would learn of himself, rather than with the Jedi where he would learn only of rules and procedures.

Leaving her thoughts of the other two behind, Shayla's mind shifted to Cella Poliani. She admired her persistance, really. But it was too little, too late. Cella would not see and could not see what Shayla had discovered here from the narrow angle that she viewed reality. Granted, she would most likely have the chance to see. But Jedi, when faced with anything Dark, generally tended to assume the worst. They never seemed to realize that they had their own brand of hate; enough hate that they would blindly kill anything and everything Sith before realizing that what they knew as Sith was something completely different than what it truly was meant to be.

Ah well, Shayla thought darkly, We indeed shall see just how far your Jedi point of view will allow you to see...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.149
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-14-2001 12:01 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Time halted for a second that encompassed an eternity in which the Chosen Daughter simply stood in the arms of her Lord, basking in the great wave of strength and Light and Dark and Power emanating from him. It rushed through her like a tsunami, filling her very essence with a promise that indeed tomorrow would be theirs, would belong to the Sith; tomorrow they would rejoice with each other in that destiny which now hovered so close at hand.

Tomorrow. Today would set their feet upon the path leading to its fruition.

Graysith gripped Roan for that moment as though she would never let him go from her again. Then uttering a little sigh, she forced herself to take a step back from him, loosening his returning grasp upon her with that movement. Her eyes glowed with not only the reflection of the candles blazing about them but with something else as well....

A slim hand reached up to move a strand of hair that had fallen into her face. "Yes, my love," she said, her voice a low caress. "Soon there will be all the time we need for a proper reunion between us. But now I acquiesce to your wisdom. Indeed there are invaders at our very Gates; I am not concerned so much with any mere physical threat they might offer so much as I am concerned with them merely discovering us here. My destiny must not be revealed in any manner before that day comes when I implement its final procedures."

She paused, the Glyph now glowing softly, highlighting Roan's eyes with a gentle violet sheen. He merely smiled, slightly exposing his black fangs to her, and continued to hold her by her shoulders.

She smiled in return, turning her head to the side to plant a light kiss on one clawed fingertip. Eyes closed, she remained suddenly motionless, paused in this attitude as though that very act of endearment was somehow allowing her talents free rein to seek outward, to sense, to feel....

Suddenly sobering, she opened her eyes, and raised them to meet his turquoise ones again.

"There is much afoot, my Dark Heart," she began, relishing the thought of being able to state that term of affection once more. "Those who would threaten our destiny... those who would rip my Adept from me, albeit I hope not at her desire--"

She paused as Roan suddenly quirked an eyebrow at her as if to inquire what in the name of all the Sith she needed with an Adept, of all things. Pursing her lips, she sidetracked.

"This is One I have taken unto myself to...to..." she paused, reaching outward and inward, trying to grasp what it was which had prompted her to release Shayla from the Elseness into which Aelvedaar had cast her, what need she had been filling in taking her and teaching her of their ways and the ways of the All. For a moment she frowned, chewing on her lip.

"I had a sister once," she continued in apparent non sequiteur. "This One it pleases me to have as sister yet again."

She gazed steadily into Roan's eyes, seeking his approval in this regard. Not that she would change her mind if he frowned upon it, though. Dark Heart of hers he might be, "returned from the dead" in so sudden a manner; she was still the Chosen Daughter of the Sith....

Roan spoke no words but raised on of her hands to his own lips. Holding it gently, he kissed the fingers, his eyes still boring into her over their tips.

Graysith fought against the smile which now rose within her, and continued. The very words brought an accompanying sobriety with them; although she was fully aware that He knew of which she was about to speak, just the mere utterance of those words acted as a cement to further bond her to Him, and He to her.

"She who I would have Shayla replace... She who brought about the death of the Child...

"She is without as I even speak these words. My Adept watches her and her pale companions; my love, I would have her Child as my own...

"...and her very soul given unto me as dowry for my acceptance of it."

She fell into silence, part of her aware of the intruders' ridiculous attempts to hide within their camp, partly aware of Leev's lurking reconnoissance...

...but primarily focused upon her Lord, waiting to hear his response.

It was time to leave this place, and go forth together....

[ 11-22-2001 10:44 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-15-2001 09:13 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I crunched against Terrin, keenly aware of the uncomfortably close proximity of this female jedi who I was holding such a grudge against. I couldn't help but look at her lightsaber, itching to grab it and go out and play a little with it again. No weapon I had ever wielded had ever felt quite as good as did that laser-sword; that annoying little angel popped up on my shoulder again with the whispered suggestion that Galen, perhaps you'd better start being a touch wee nicer to this woman?

I frowned at myself, fidgeting.. and that's when it hit. It wasn't like any hunch or mere feeling I had ever felt before; this, rather, was a completely overwhelming blast of power and strength which could not be overlooked or denied. It struck me physically, making me gasp, and sending me reeling against Terrin. I practically fell into his lap. Like the powerful surface shock wave of an earthquake, it rolled over us, rumbling and shaking in an eerie silence.

Then, as quickly as it had come, it was gone.

I shivered a little reflexively in its wake, staring wide-eyed up at Terrin. Then I scrambled semi-upright.

"E-excuse me," I stammered as I let the words propel me out of the tent. I barrelled past a surprised Matt and a grumbling Jasyn, and headed off a few meters to get myself under control once again. I shivered again, not understanding why the jedi had not reacted at all to that psychic impact.

It was HER, my dear sister, I just knew it. And another, the sense of this other very familiar, but for some inexplicable reason now joining with her as it had not done before. The pair of them now presenting a unified front to all around them.

Including us.

Was this Wicked? Had the two of them developed some new Sith power which they were planning to use against us? For I couldn't shake the assurety that they knew we were here, that they were merely biding their time watching our feeble movements and sensing our plotting against them. Why we hadn't been reduced to bantha fodder by now escaped me completely.

Then I got a grip on myself, and drew in a deep breath. Maybe they were just following the simple strategy which wily generals use: let the enemy come to you.

Well... ok then. I'll come to you, sister dearest! I finished with cold vehemence. I'm going to trust in that what I carry is something you are just dying to get your claws on, and that as long as I carry it you don't dare harm me.

That gives me plenty of time to figure out a way to bring you down.

And I hope as sure as there's Treasure on Roon that you're listening to me now!

With that I let my hand slip down to remove my blaster from its holster against my hip.

No time like the present, I vowed silently as, making my mind go completely blank to lessen any attention I might bring against myself, I quietly and without any preamble simply left the camp and headed off into the Khar Delban jungle.

[ 11-15-2001 09:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-15-2001 10:33 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin practically scrambled out of the tent, leaving the stunned Jedi behind in his wake. He didn't know if she was following him or not; he frankly didn't care too much at the moment.

As he blasted past Jasyn and Matt, who by now were standing there with blank looks on their faces too, he yelled at them. Practically growled at them. "MOVE! NOW!!!"

No questions were asked. These guys were loyal and Terrin knew it only took a word to get them to respond. Not minding them anymore than he had the Jedi who was now hurrying behind him, he continued to scurry along. How in the Universe he knew Galen was heading for the Temple he didn't know. He just knew.

It must have been an odd site; Terrin running in the direction he was fairly certain that she went, his entourage hurrying behind. But his move had been a good one, he could see her now just ahead, blaster firmly in hand.

He got just close enough and took her hand, causing her to spin around. He was probably lucky she didn't shoot him then and there with the quickness and suddenness of his touch upon her hand, but Terrin knew that she knew he would be right behind her.

He shot her a quizzical look, not sure what the Hell to say. Or do. But somehow he knew the marching orders would be that they should head to the Temple, now.

No more waiting.

[ 11-15-2001 10:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.117
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-15-2001 11:42 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I exploded.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I raged, tears rising up in my eyes as I somehow sensed Terrin putting himself in the gravest of danger at this very moment, following me as he was. I fought against the tears, trying to keep my vision clear and my eyes everywhere at once.

The chronometer was ticking steadily away, and time was running out, I just knew it....

I sniffed and took a deep breath, trying for a calmness which was receding farther and farther into the distance from me. For a moment I just stood there, staring into his eyes, practically willing that he understand why I was racing off into the jungle alone, where I was going, why I had to leave him behind.

Not only for his safety, as transitory as that might end up being... but for my own. I needed him separate from me if the plan I was forming on the fly had any hope of seeing fruition.

He merely gazed back at me with those wonderful blue eyes of his, a terrible combination of silent inquiry and something akin to betrayal rising up in them. I opened my mouth to try to explain, shut it again.

I couldn't. There was no time. I don't know how I knew it, I just did. But there was no time for words now, only action.

Now I let the tears rise up fully in my eyes. "I love you, Terrin," I said softly; then, rather more cryptically, "Don't let me down."

Before he could so much as begin to form a question, I made a slight adjustment to the blaster I yet held in my hand, raised it, and shot him in the chest.

Through watery eyes I watched him drop to the jungle floor, stunned. Then I whirled and nailed Matt and Jasyn as well.

I allowed myself a second to quickly kneel beside all three men, checking their vital signs. Good, they'll come to in a matter of minutes.

But time for me to go....

Re-adjusting my blaster to "kill," I turned and melted into the understory, slipping through the vegetation like a wraith. Then the thought of what I had just done, that awful action that I felt had to perpetrated against my love and his friends, was gradually replaced by that which I had yet to do.

I had been here before. I knew what I was getting into. "C'mon... C'MON!!!" I whispered with increasing urgency into the darkness around me. "I know you're there...."

My expectations were not let down in the slightest. One moment I was alone in the velvety night; the next I was surrounded by three of those nasty little imps She kept as bodyguards or pets. They materialized out of the darkness like magic, forming an equilateral triangle about me, their spears pointed at me as intently as the daggers which fairly flew from their eyes. In a lightning movement one darted forward to disarm me.

This time, however, I was ready.

I dropped, rolled, and fired all at the same time. Continuing my roll, I scrambled to my feet, turning about as I rose up, looking to see what havoc I had wrought.

Good. Two of the little devils were down. And while the one was moving about feebly as though trying to get its wits about itself again, the other one didn't look as though it was going to be moving again anytime too soon... if ever.

I glared at the third Noghri, who was looking at me with a mixture of surprise and wariness and almost admiration in his predatory eyes. He immediately loosened his stance, his spear held with deceptive ease. I tensed, thinking I might just have a chance of polishing him off as well...

...and was thoroughly jolted from my concentration as the sound of an all-too familiar growl came wafting to me from somewhere in the shadows. It only took that one moment of distraction... an evil little grin began to spread along the face of the remaining Nogri as he casually dangled the blaster he had just appropriated from me in front of my eyes.

I gulped, taking a step backwards...

...and came to an abrupt halt against a cold and rough-barked tree.

Well, at least I got farther this time... was all I could think before the Noghri and the butt of my own blaster descended on me....

[ 11-15-2001 07:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21
Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 11-15-2001 04:33 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella had followed Galen and Terrin out of the tent, still shaking in the wake of the Force revelation she'd just recieved. The wave of dark Force power that had rushed over the group in the tent had revealed something very important to Cella, so sensitive to the Force signatures of people.

This Force blast, tainted though it was, had carried with it a faint essence of...sisterhood. The presence of the Sith, and a trace of a soul that had once been like Galen's.

Her Sister? It all began to come together for Cella as she dashed out of the tent, hot on Terrin's heels. No wonder this 'live bait' plan had come up...the Sith Lady wanted Galen's child.

Well, She wouldn't get it if Cella had anything to do with it. Cella followed Terrin...And watched in shock as Galen stunned him, Matt, and Jasyn, tears filling her lovely eyes.

Cella ducked behind a tree, her quick reflexes serving her well. Perhaps Galen wished to strike out on her own, but Cella couldn't risk harm coming to that so-important child. Keeping just two steps back, Cella watched Galen in a lightning-fast duel with a gang of Noghri. Galen'd almost won when one of the nasty little creatures grabbed her blaster and knocked her out with it.

Show time. Cella crept stealthily into the clearing and drew her lightsaber. The Noghri's simple staves were hardly a match for the Jedi weapon. Still, the little devils were swift, and she barely managed to wound them. Finally, one lay unconscious on the ground, and the other melted into the night, doubtless going to carry a message to her mistress. Perhaps Cella had been a bit hasty, but when it came to her allies, she never held back.

She turned her attentions to the unconscious Galen. Laying a cool hand on her forehead, she called her name, willed her into consciousness and tried to heal her bruises. "Galen? Galen?" The woman stirred slightly, but there was no other response. Ever so gently, Cella lifted Galen with the Force into a nearby low-limbed tree, hoping to protect her from the night predators which no doubt roamed this alien jungle.

Then Cella realized what she'd done. In her impulse to help, she'd more than likely ruined any plan Galen had to lure her sister here. Oh no... Cella gritted her teeth and drew a Force veil around herself, concealing her presence. She didn't look forward to the moment when Galen would wake up and realize that Cella had blown her cover...

[ 11-24-2001 04:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cella Poliani ]

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 216.229.222.23
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-15-2001 05:38 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin never saw it coming, and apparently neither had Matt or Jasyn. He was the first to come back to, still reeling from what had happened.

He sat up on his elbows, listening.

Yet another struggle.

He frowned deeply. What was she doing? Why had she taken off on her own like that, away from the group, with no warning?

Something closely akin to anger rose up in him. Anger and a realization of what was probably happening as he laid on the ground like a helpless idiot.

In the meantime, Jasyn and Matt had come around as well, and Jasyn had crawled his way over and carefully placed his hand on Terrin's arm without him noticing. Terrin grabbed his blaster out of the holster before he realized who it was.

He shot his friend a look of apology, and Jasyn motioned in the direction of where the commotion was slowly beginning to subside. Terrin wasn't sure how the three of them crawled close enough to see what was happening, but they managed.

The Jedi, now leaning over Galen's motionless form.

Motionless form?

He could have died right then and there, but understanding was beginning to slowly form. Suddenly he noticed the lightsaber in the Jedi's hand.

Cella had gone after her.

Somehow Terrin knew Galen would be furious. The bit of anger from before was threatening to resurface, but he just couldn't as he sat there looking at her and the Jedi.

Don't let me down, she had said.

What was THAT about?

Again, understanding struck.

Live bait. This was her way. And by following her, you ruined the plan. YOU.

Damn it all, if he had only KNOWN that's what she was going to do...

Now, they'd simply have to try again. But he didn't know if he could face her yet, not after he'd so wrecklessly messed everything up. Still, she was at least injured, and he couldn't stay away either.

Hesitantly, he got to his feet somewhat shakily, and started towards them, Matt and Jasyn behind him.

But then he froze. Should he keep playing along with Galen's obvious plan? After all, there could be something else out there.

But that left Cella Poliani at risk. Of course, she was a Jedi, and should be able to take care of herself.

He turned, and Jasyn arched an eyebrow at him. Sighing silently, he signaled them to wait. He couldn't stop the Jedi from what she was doing, but he could certainly control what he and his men were doing.

And hope to goodness that if she was taken into the Temple he could get her back out...

[ 11-15-2001 05:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.117
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-15-2001 08:15 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The All which mere moments ago had washed her in tumultous waves of pleasure and victory assured, now slammed into her with the stunning impact of a Bespin velker's electrical discharge. She let forth an involuntary little grunt, one slim hand flying to her brow where the Glyph was springing into enraged life. For a moment her eyes closed as she looked inward... then they flew open, the heady fire of comingled pain and hatred flashing in their violet depths. The movement a small whirlwind unto itself, she threw herself from Roan's arms, her focus now completely and utterly pinned upon an incident taking place not far from the Temple.

The Noghri....LEEV!!

Her eyes blackened to charnelhouse pits. Her hair flamed out in a cloud as she tossed her head back, her hands clenched into trembling fists at her sides. So intent was she upon the disgrace which had just occurred without the Temple's walls that she didn't even feel the light touch as Lord Roan place his clawed hands upon her shoulders, silently offering her his support and his strength.

His support may have been acknowledged on a subconscious level; his strength she didn't need. The ring of candles dimmed their light as her full-throated cry rang out against the stone walls of the secret room.

"M'WONBO'O!"

Then she lowered her head, her eyes blazing, the Glyph snarling out a directive which flared beyond the physical and into the realms of the psychic, carrying an order into the mind of her Blood-Hunt companion who so silently waited...

...and who so joyously accepted that order, and with grim and lethal determination proceeded to act upon it.

[ 11-15-2001 10:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.168
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-15-2001 08:35 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla jolted from her sleep, as something horrible and painful slammed into her.

LEEV!!!

He was down...injured. Shayla hoped to goodness he wasn't dead.

If he was, someone was going to pay.

But somehow Shayla knew that he was only injured. If he were dead, the jolt in the Force...the All...would have been far more painful. Curious, Shayla began to piece together what had happened via her mental link with him.

He'd moved in on their prey, who was nearing very close to the Temple. He'd captured her; she was in his grasp.

Then what? Shayla furrowed her brow, searching, seeking. Then along came Cella Poliani, lightsaber blazing.

Shayla stood up and wrapped the violet cloak around herself, pacing the room.

Graysith had sent M'wonBo'o to do some..."follow-up."

Very well then, she would wait.

But her loyal bodyguard would be avenged, even if he WAS still alive...

[ 11-15-2001 08:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.117
M'wonBo'o

Defender of Graysith

Member # 52

posted 11-15-2001 08:45 PM     Profile for M'wonBo'o   Author's Homepage   Email M'wonBo'o     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In the darkness am I being, hiding being, sensing being. OUTRAGE! DEATH AND SO DARK BEING!!! Harm to small Strong One is being!

Snarl I!! Snarl I!!

Now HER mind to mine is being, strong She comes and leading being. Now to hunt, the Blood am being, through the thick-wind green am running.

Go I... go I.

Seek the Nothing, I am being. Nothing seeking, in my mind is nothing being, nothing that the All is leading. Running I, in nostrils being death-smells larger, growing being. Blood and fear the night scents being.

Run I.

Run I.

Ahead in darkness is it being, She is being, one is trembling. In her mind my eye is being, snarling being...

FINDING BEING.

Finding nothing-- THERE!--IS BEING. UP is hiding, lurking being! Simple leap, in going being, finding being, IT in jaws is rending being, crunching like some bone is being. Not-life taste in mouth is being... spew it out as death is being.

Snarl I. Snarl I.

Now this Nothing here is being, shaking-fighting-clawing being. Reach out in Nothing I am being, finding being, grasping being. Feel deep crunch again is being, blood-so-hot in mouth is being.

Pause I... pause I.

Her mind to mine again is being, thought to thought we meet in being. Now this one to her is going. One last bite to her is being, deep is going, flesh is tearing. In my mouth her flesh is being, in her limb my fangs are being. Down and down I going being...

Stop I. Stop I.

There is SHE, in pain is being. There is SHE in fear is being. Eye to eye our fates are being... snarl to snarl our thoughts are being. SHE will with this One be going...

Vow I, vow I.

Down and down in greenness being, through the wetness leaping being, this She in my jaws is being, to HER now am running going.

To HER with the Nothing being... to HER with Prize am fetching being... bring I blood and hatred being, bring I pain and death-will-being.

Through the joy and night am running.

Go I.

Go I.

--------------------

//Defender of Graysith, against all adversaries//

Posts: 33 | From: Wherever Graysith goeth, I followeth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.168
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-15-2001 09:16 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin was still glaring at Jasyn, who clearly wasn't buying whatever Terrin was not telling him when something growling angrily scurried through the jungle, heading straight for...

He jerked around and squatted, Matt and Jasyn behind him. Jasyn was inching forward a bit, blaster rifle in hand. Terrin pushed a hand in front of his moving form, shoving him backwards. Fortunately, Jasyn managed not to swear too loudly as he went down.

Surprisingly enough, the thing--whatever the hell it was--went straight for Cella. Took that blessed lightsaber out of her grasp and crunched it between what looked like about 6-inch fangs.

Well, I guess there will be no more argument over THAT.

Wincing with every move the thing made with those hideous fangs and at least 10-inch claws, Terrin felt like the helpless viewer of a horror flick.

He couldn't go out there. That thing might be one of hers, out to get Galen after a little 'snack' on the Jedi.

Snack? Terrin's stomach lurched. So much for thinking the Jedi could take care of herself.

As the commotion subsided for yet the third time since they had arrived on this hellhole of a planet, the beast went off with...

...Not Galen, but Cella Poliani.

Terrin ruffled his hair nervously, gazing up into the tree where Cella had perched his love.

Now what the hell was he supposed to do? Leave her there unconscious and wait for something or other to grab her too?

If they were using her as live bait, the plan didn't appear to be working too well.

"Terrin, we're two down now. I told you we didn't need no stinkin' Jedi," Jasyn muttered under his breath.

Terrin merely glared at him.

Matt whispered in the aftermath of that statement. "Galen?"

Terrin shook his head, his mind spinning, his heart aching. "Live bait," he mumbled. "Let's wait for her to come to.

"This is her game. Let's let her make the next call..."

[ 11-15-2001 09:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 11-15-2001 10:06 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Another bout of wakefulness, another view of a four-walled room with nothing to see.

And another rather tasteless ration bar for a meal.

Erik woke up in the same spot he'd fallen asleep, with his back against the wall. He found that he felt as though his muscles had frozen in place, and as he dared to stretch them, the searing pain that resulted confirmed that original feeling.

Had he been here hours? Days? Weeks?

Time was beginning to swim out of focus. Angrily, Erik slammed a hand on the hard floor, and winced at the new surge of pain it produced.

Okay, you have me here, trapped and Force-less, and you are going to just LEAVE ME TO GO INSANE AND ROT?!

Here he'd wanted to find Shayla and tell her that he loved her and wanted to spend his life with her, and now he couldn't even send the least little tendril of a thought to her.

Nor could she to him either. Probably didn't even know he was here...

Erik sighed, longing to be with her even more as the moments passed.

How much more of this lonliness and emptiness would he have to endure?

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.117
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-16-2001 10:06 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stood before the ornate throne in the Great Hall, silently awaiting her tuk'ata's return. At her side stood an attentive but increasingly uneasy Nikk; upon that throne her Dark Heart sat in aloof contemplation.

He shot her a knowing look; she merely smiled in return.

This was Hers to decide; he was giving her his recognition of her strength by the fact that he remained a mere observer, by the very look as well which he bestowed upon her.

Graysith smiled to herself, then let her eyes fall closed. Reaching out with her talents, she clearly saw M'wonBo'o's unexpected attack on the twosome who lurked in the tree like a pair of frightened Ewoks. Saw him completely overleap the supine and unconscious Galen; watched as he snatched the lightsaber from the jedi and crunched it cleanly between his frightening jaws. Observed his every move, every nuance displayed in his body language as he turned to the jedi and leapt upon her, sinking his horrific teeth into her shoulder before leaping lightly to the ground and bearing her off into the shadowed jungle night.

Her smile broadened. After a long and quiet moment, she turned to Nikk.

"Go and open the Temple to my companion, dear Nikk," she said softly. She turned back to Roan upon issuing that request, now quirking a brow at him in inquiry of something unvoiced.

He merely smiled and dipped his horned head to her. Briefly acknowledging that acceptance, she called out as Nikk was just exiting through the looming double doors.

"Bring Shayla here at my request when you have finished. She may find what is yet to occur to be of interest."

Then she simply waited.

Soon the darkened shadows echoed with the clattering noise of great claws scraping against stone, accompanied by the softer sussuration of something being dragged across its cold surface. The double doors flew open at a single motion of her finger; his lean head lifted high so as to move more easily with his prey, M'wonBo'o entered the Great Hall with a quiet Cella Poliani clutched in his jaws. He glided up to her and gently lowered his prize to the stones at the foot of the dias. Then he directed his eerie pupilless eyes into hers, his face-tendrils writhing.

Brought you this She, have I, he purred ecstatically, gladdened to be of physical assistance to his Blood-Hunt Companion yet again. Hunt-hunt-seek, again are we with this one being? He crouched at her feet, his hulking form fairly trembling with anticipation, his tongue snaking out to lick his lips.

Graysith cast a smiling glance toward Roan, then stepped forward to the eager tuk'ata. A slender hand reached out to caress his lean and betendriled head.

"No, my friend," she whispered. "This one is not destined as that...

"...at least not yet."

Her attention was suddenly drawn from her Beast to the quiet form of the jedi who lay bleeding on the stone in front of her. A soft shuffling noise came into her ears as Cella began moving about, clearly approaching consciousness.

The quiet noises her movements produced were enhanced by a smooth and almost inaudible swoosh as the doors opened yet again, this time to reveal her Adept and Noghri bodyguard silhouetted in its frame. The hesitated but a moment, then quietly came into the Great Hall.

Graysith cocked her head to one side, keeping her focus intently upon the awakening jedi, watching as she began moving more and more actively upon the floor, her instinctive attempts to regain her footing along with her clarity now sparked with occasional groans as the injuries inflicted upon her person were beginning to announce their presence to her. A dark look came into the eye of the Chosen Daughter as she thought of those injuries, watching as the blood oozing from them began coagulating upon the floor and the clothing of this yet-prone woman...

...who finally let out a deep and soulful sigh, quieted as though gathering something to herself, raised a shaky head to direct a pair of blinking eyes into the violet ones of the Chosen Daughter...

...and slowly forced herself to her feet.

Nikk growled his fierce disapproval and readiness to finish what the tuk'ata had only begun. M'wonBo'o merely stalked up to his Mistress and crouched in his customary place beside her. Atop the throne Lord Roan merely moved slightly, as though to make himself more comfortable, and even in the position more of a darkling threat...

...and the Chosen Daughter merely waited to hear what this jedi would say, or see what she would try to do.

Around this hellish scene, the shadows of the Sith gibbered and cavorted, capering in anxious glee as they sensed....

[ 11-16-2001 07:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-16-2001 10:35 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla quietly followed Nikk, knowing even as he led her that they were headed for the Great Hall to face...

What???

Cella was clearly going to be given a chance to explain herself, to possibly even save herself. Everything depended upon what she said. Shayla also was aware that the woman was wounded; certainly more than Logan had been in a situation similiar to this, but not beyond hope of recovery either.

Too bad she wasn't sure she could think the same of Leev. Thinking of him, Shayla was almost inclined to reach out to Nikk and inquire what he knew of the situation, but something held her back. As they entered the Great Hall at last, Shayla quite calmly took in her new surroundings.

He was still here, and somehow Shayla wasn't surprised. Graysith was close at his side, coolly regarding the Jedi who was even now struggling to her feet, seemingly unaware of Shayla's presence.

As Cella finally managed to get to her feet, all eyes watched her, all ears awaiting what she would say. Shayla cocked her head, regarding the woman she had barely begun to know when she had been taken from the Praxeum. Without so much as a tendril of any emotion yet surfacing in her being, Shayla joined the other two in awaiting her words with keen interest...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.43

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05