my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Jedi Threat (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Jedi Threat
JerocMahoy

aka BobPalpatine

Member # 32

posted 07-27-2000 10:45 AM     Profile for JerocMahoy   Author's Homepage   Email JerocMahoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Jeroc Mahoy looked over the world of Yavin IV and looked over it with fasicination. It had been almost a year since he had visited the temple. The last time he was at the temple disaster had happened. Jeroc lowered his X-Wing softly on the grouund next to the temple. He saw some kids outside practicing there force powers and others just exercising. Jeroc was greeted by a few of these people but some of them he was ignored by. Jeroc brought his stuff to his room and unpacked hurridly so he could get outside his room quickly. He heard a slight rapp on the door which made his heart jump. He always lowered his defenses at the temple. He probed with the force and immediatly saw who it was. He ran to the door and opened it with a rush and hugged the person tight. The person was his wife Cordea Maranii. He let the woman down from his embrace of love and looked at her. She was a beutiful girl with deep brown eyes and a light brown hair. Cordea was also a Jedi Knight and had almost reached it before Jeroc. Master Skywalker had always been amamzed at her ability to communicate throught the force. Cordea was deaf and mute so she learned to use the Force to communicate at a very early age.

"Jeroc...It has been almost 6 months since I last saw you.",she said through his thoughts.

"I love you...we will have to get to know each other agian tonite.",he winked at her," but right now we need to go start getting some of the students training..."

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

Posts: 47 | From: St. Charles, MO, USofA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.182
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 07-28-2000 11:01 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Rogue Angel promises to help as soon as she is recovered from her writers block.*
Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.143
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 07-29-2000 12:48 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ok well we need more Jedi to come...so anyone that wants to help in the story come on by...

------------------
Nothin ever seems enough in these days?

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.43
JerocMahoy

aka BobPalpatine

Member # 32

posted 07-30-2000 02:07 AM     Profile for JerocMahoy   Author's Homepage   Email JerocMahoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Jeroc moved through the halls with a silence of a preadotor searching for his prey. He was trying to keep his danger senses together. He jumped when he felt a finger reach out and tap him on the shoulder. He was immediatly suprised at who had tapped his shoulder. It was his Noghri friend Luhruhk. Jeroc embraced the small alien in a hug.

"Jeroc it is a honor to see you agian. How did your expeditions go in the Unknown Regions?" Luhruhk asked.

"It is an honor to see you agian too...the expeditions went fine until I came upon some chiss. Apperently they don't take to well to outsiders. I did find some places that they had not found yet. I may go back to one planet I found...it was beutiful...you wouldn't beleive how great it was. I'm so happy to be back though. I missed you and Cordea the most though. Will you help me run the temple while Master Skywalker is gone??"

"I would once agian be honored."

The two friends went down the hall together out to the landing feild just as a ship was arriving.

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

[Edited 1 times, lastly by JerocMahoy on August 06, 2000]

Posts: 47 | From: St. Charles, MO, USofA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.81
LoganMurroe

Member # 42

posted 07-30-2000 12:14 PM     Profile for LoganMurroe   Author's Homepage   Email LoganMurroe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*'What a nothing Planet' Logan thought to himself as he neared the atmosphere of Yavin IV in his newly "aquired" Clutch. It had seen some years but he could fix her back up, that he was sure of.
'Doesn't even have a single stinkin city' he said silently. He fipped all his scanners on, mainly because of the lack of experience in such a craft. Though with "leaving" in such a hurry, beggers couldn't be choosers. The planet grew in his veiw until it was all he could see.
HE flew over what looked to him to be filthy ancient blocks of stone. Still it would be the best place he had stayed at for a while. He saw students training and exercising out in the courtyards, and wanted to be out of this infernal enviro suit. He was glad that the last occupant had installed a hyperdrive, of course thats why he had chosen this baby. He would have to put in life support and rework the engines, he couldn't stand this much longer.
He soon saw a landing feild and two beings walking twards it. HE set down pretty well and was so glad to be able to take off his horrid helmit. When he opened the hatch, he was bombarded by a thousand tropic smells. It smelt good though, alot better than the helmet.
He hopped down to the ground and took out a sack that contained all he owned from behind his seat. AS he turned he could tell what the two beings were that he had see through his ship. One was a human taller than him, and the other was a nohgri. He had heard of them before.
He strapped a blaster low on his leg, and stided rougishly twards the pair. He grabbed The human's hand first and began to try to shake it out of its owner's soket, descising it as a handshake. " Hi, I'm Logan Murroe" he said bombing, trying to sound as if they should already know it. Before the other could speak, he changed his grip to the Nohgri's hand, staring into eyes as black as his.
The Nohgri also tryed to give his name but was cut off as the youth started walking past them to the temple.
The Jedi stared at one another and then walked after the young man with pitch black eyes, who couldn't be over the age of 17. AS they followed they watched as the youth passed by students and teachers alike, as if he waws the Master of all he survayed. Soon he was walking up the temple steps and didn't stop until he reached the Great Hall.
Jeroc could tell this boy was a Legend, if only in his own mind. The thought spread a smile across his face. It was true however, that Jeroc senced a great deal of power in this youth, but he had seen greater and this boy, he could tell, had a great deal to learn. The least of which respect.
When the pair reached him again, Logan started to introduce himself as if they had never met untill he made eye contact with Luhruhk, and remembered himself. Though the insident didn't take out one bit of his bravado.
" Ok, I've come here to be trained by Skywalker, and become a jedi master.", he said with no modisty what so ever.....

------------------
"Where are my keys?"

Posts: 21 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.6
JerocMahoy

aka BobPalpatine

Member # 32

posted 07-30-2000 01:25 PM     Profile for JerocMahoy   Author's Homepage   Email JerocMahoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeroc could not beleive this kid. He was cocky and arrogent and did not know the first thing about being a Jedi Master. Jeroc would have to be patient with this one.

"And how do you wish to become a Jedi Master if you don't know the first thing about the Force?"

"Well...

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

Posts: 47 | From: St. Charles, MO, USofA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.81
LoganMurroe

Member # 42

posted 07-30-2000 04:06 PM     Profile for LoganMurroe   Author's Homepage   Email LoganMurroe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*"Well....", his voice started to faulter and for the first time he looked as though he might be mortal, in his own eyes anyway.
"I can learn, I can learn real fast. I'll be running this place by the end of the week", HE said as he regained some of his rougish air.
"After all I learned to fly that huck of junk after I sto..... got it" he quickly changed the subject going on the offencive. "Besides I can use TK"

------------------
"Where are my keys?"

Posts: 21 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.181
JerocMahoy

aka BobPalpatine

Member # 32

posted 07-30-2000 04:22 PM     Profile for JerocMahoy   Author's Homepage   Email JerocMahoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeroc was now looking at Logan as if he should be impressed or something. Jeroc was of course not. This young one did not know half of the stuff he bragged he did.

"What makes you think you'll be running this place? Oh and how well can you do TK?", Jeroc inquired.

Logan lifted his head high and looked directly at Jeroc as if challenging him.

"I'm sure I could beat you old man...I've been working on using it. I got it down pat.",Logan said as if he was proud of himself.

"Would you mind showing me how well you can use TK?",asked Jeroc.

"Sure...I'm always willing to share my expertise."

"Students gather around...our new student Logan has told me here that he is a expert at TK.", Jeroc said amplifying his voice with the Force so everyone around could hear him.

Students ran around to see if this kid could truly be an expert at TK. They gathered around him in a circle. They gathered around him as tight as they could while giving him enough space to perform his feat...

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

[Edited 2 times, lastly by JerocMahoy on July 30, 2000]

Posts: 47 | From: St. Charles, MO, USofA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.181
LoganMurroe

Member # 42

posted 07-30-2000 05:07 PM     Profile for LoganMurroe   Author's Homepage   Email LoganMurroe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Logan stood there in murmered silence and started to wish that he had just kept his mouth shut for once. After all that was part of the reason he had to run and now was the owner of a Clutch.Well he was already here, so he couldn't back out. Hey maybe I can even do it, if I get something small. He had done it before, but of course that had been mostly on instinct.
He scanned the little bit of area left by the students as they crowded around. He saw a chair and desided that was the best choice. He reached out his hand, and his mind, like thwe first time he had used the Force or whatever.
HE closed his mind and could still see it just like the first time he had used TK. He started moving it but couldn't lift it. He kept trying but knew he had failed before he had closed his eye. He had heard a slight scratching from the chair but now all he heard was the muffled and coughed out laughs.
He opened his eyes and though he felt like running, stood there.
Everyone could see his shame and he knew they could but he was determined to stand his ground.

------------------
"Where are my keys?"

[Edited 2 times, lastly by LoganMurroe on July 30, 2000]

Posts: 21 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.2
JerocMahoy

aka BobPalpatine

Member # 32

posted 07-30-2000 05:17 PM     Profile for JerocMahoy   Author's Homepage   Email JerocMahoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"The first thing you must learn Logan is...humility.",Jeroc said not showing any sign of Logan's loss."Now come and I will show you your room in the temple."

Luhruhk, Jeroc, and Logan set off to show Logan his room. Jeroc and Luhruhk just looked at each other and shook their heads. They could tell that Logan would need to learn a lot of things. Jeroc still didn't think that he had learned his lesson. He may not challenge someone the rank of Jedi Knight or Master but he did not doubt that he would try to challenge another student. They were approaching Logan's new quarters quickly so he walked ahead and opened the doors. Logan went in the room without a word. It was apparent that he was feeling embarrased and a little humiliated.

"Well Logan take time to put your things in your rooms and if you want take time to get to know other students. It would be good to make friends here. You have come at quite a late age these students can teach you much."

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

[Edited 1 times, lastly by JerocMahoy on July 30, 2000]

Posts: 47 | From: St. Charles, MO, USofA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.2
LoganMurroe

Member # 42

posted 07-30-2000 06:11 PM     Profile for LoganMurroe   Author's Homepage   Email LoganMurroe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Jeroc left and Logan was left alone in his room. It wasn't huge but it was bigger than what he was used to.
He set his satchal down on his cot and was glad to not be under everyone's staring eyes. He walked over to the scratched up mirror in his room, and took a look at himself. He knew he wasn't human, nad so did anyone who looked into his completely black eyes. He hoped to one day find out where he had come from,not his parents because if they had given up on him then he wasn't going to waste time finding them.
'I have to shave' he thought to himself taking a look at atleast a days worth of stuble. He turned around and started to unpack his sack. Out of it he took tools, a pair of cargo pants a lace up shirt and a robe he had made himself, though after the episode in the Great Hall he decided he would just keep that in his satchal for the time being.He took off his Blaster and slid it inside with his robe, he wouldn't need it most likely.
Then he just sat there on his cot, visibly relaxing for the first time.
Just then a head popped into his room, and time seemed to stop for Logan.
She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, well to him anyway. She was just a shy shorter than him, with long sandy hair and though she wasn't classicaly beautiful, there was no denying her beauty. She looked at him with deep green eyes and he started feling a bit warm.
"Hi, I'm Alexis..... oh and don't let Jeroc get to you, He's ok, he just though you needed to learn a lesson. You're not the first", she said taking his hand in hers and giving it a gental shake. "Well I gotta go, Master Solar is waiting for me out in the Quad. I'll see ya around, Logan." she said as she walked briskly out the door.
When she was gone he let out a long sigh.'Maybe it won't be so bad here after all............

------------------
"Where are my keys?"

[Edited 2 times, lastly by JerocMahoy on July 30, 2000]

Posts: 21 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.105
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 07-31-2000 10:57 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Meanwhile, recently promoted Jedi Knight Cella Poliani sat in the mess hall enjoying a cup of caf with her Mon Calamari friend Akinnai. Cella hadn't changed much since the day 12 years ago when she had arrived at Luke's Jedi Academy, an orphan from Coruscant with nothing to her name. She still wore her brown hair the same way, in a long braid down her back, and her hazel eyes still shone with the same vital glow. Her training had been long and difficult, partly due to her trouble with learning how to wield the lightsaber. Years after the Jedi her age had left the temple, she was still struggling with mastery of the traditional Jedi weapon, and that left her drained of self-confidence and half-hearted. A year ago though, she'd finally built her own lightsaber, and Master Luke had promoted her the last time he was home. Twenty-six years of age, she expected to be sent away from the Academy quite soon. Trouble was, she didn't know exactly when, or even if that would happen. Cella often wondered if she was truly cut out to be Jedi.

Akinnai broke into Cella's reverie. "Did you see what happened with the new student today?" Cella shook her head, and Akinnai launched into the tale of the arrogant young pilot who'd landed on Yavin IV that morning, demanding to be trained. Logan, for that was the man's name, had claimed to have TK, and Knight Jeroc Mahoy had challenged him. "And when he reached to move the chair," warbled Akinnai, "he couldn't do it! So much for his boasts!"

Cella laughed aloud, but her expression turned serious. "Of course he shouldn't have bragged so, but it must have been terrible for him. Think of how humiliated you would have been, Akinnai, had you failed in front of the entire Academy." The younger Mon Calamari hung her head, chastened.

Then a dark haired man--no, boy--with completely black eyes walked into the mess hall, amid murmurs from the other students. Akinnai whispered in Cella's ear, "That's him now."

Suddenly, the teenaged boy turned in Cella's direction and shot her a brief smile. Cella shook her head. He is going to be difficult, I can sense that. Force be with whoever decides to undertake his training.

------------------
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Rogue Angel on September 15, 2000]

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.197
LoganMurroe

Member # 42

posted 08-01-2000 03:00 AM     Profile for LoganMurroe   Author's Homepage   Email LoganMurroe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Logan was starving, and though he had no want to be seen by any of the other students, he hadn't had a real meal since he had permenently "barrowed" the clutch. Thinkin of which, he needed to start working on the TIE with three fin solar pannels. He left his room and set out to find the Mess hall.
He walked down the hall and asked directs and found his way there. As he went in he was glad to see two of his favorite things, hot food and women of all kinds. He still wanted to find that girl who had stepped into his room, introduced herself, and ran off. But until then, these other women could occupy his time. He looked around and saw a young woman his elder of ten years or so, and flashed her a crooked grin. He could usually tell if they were interested or not on how they reacted to the sight of his sharp teeth. He couldn't tell with her reaction though, it didn't matter realy he would still have to start making friends somewhere. Might as well start here.
He started walking twards their table and took a seat across the table from them. He reached his hand across the table, and said "Hey ladies, name's Logan". He was almost sure that they had been there in the great hall or had heard about it by now. Oh well, he couldn't let that stop him, not after all he had been through to get this far.......

------------------
"Where are my keys?"

Posts: 21 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.70
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 08-01-2000 07:11 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Even considering what she'd heard from Akinnai, Cella was startled that the young man would be so bold as to introduce herself. She had a reputation in the academy as a formidable loner, and quite a few of the younger Jedi were in awe of her. Silly, this young man wouldn't know that.

She took the hand Logan offered and shook it firmly. "I'm Cella Poliani, Jedi Knight."

Logan shot her that grin again. Now that he was a bit closer, Cella was finally able to put her finger on what it was that was different about it. His teeth were actually pointy. Well, I'm Coruscant-bred. I've seen it all and more.

Logan took a seat across from Cella and Akinnai. Since Akinnai seemed to be momentarily paralyzed by shyness, Cella decided to stir the soup. "I hear you have come to train at the temple," she said politely, making no mention of the morning's incident.

Logan nodded. "That's right." Cella tried to further the conversation, but Logan was very closemouthed about his origins. Cella was about to give up and leave the mess hall when Logan asked, "I haven't seen many Jedi here at the Temple, just students. Why is that?"

Cella sighed. "Most of them are off on missions, liasing with New Republic personnel and such."

Logan gave her a probing look. "So why are you still here?"

Cella looked away. She didn't want to tell this cocky young man about her failures with the lightsaber and her all-too-recent promotion. She had a feeling he wouldn't understand, and besides, she barely knew him. "Long story." She spotted Jeroc Mahoy coming into the mess hall, and, glad of a change in the conversation, stood to greet him. "Master Jeroc, how good to see you."

------------------
"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Rogue Angel on September 15, 2000]

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.179
JerocMahoy

aka BobPalpatine

Member # 32

posted 08-01-2000 09:41 PM     Profile for JerocMahoy   Author's Homepage   Email JerocMahoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Cella how great to see you! I see you have met the new student. I have come looking for him in fact. I wanted to take him out and teach him some more about the Force. You can join us later if you want.",Jeroc said with a smile.

He looked around the room to see if any new students were showing up. They had been receiving more students daily at the temple. They would need them more with the Vong on the rampage.

"Well Logan have you had enough to eat? If not I'm always up for a meal."

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

Posts: 47 | From: St. Charles, MO, USofA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.135
LoganMurroe

Member # 42

posted 08-02-2000 02:27 AM     Profile for LoganMurroe   Author's Homepage   Email LoganMurroe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Logan looked up from the table at the man that had embaressed him within the first few minuts of his arrival. "Just sat down, but a..... if you want, old man, we can get something to eat", he reply trying to get back at him in some small way. Jeroc simply shrugged it offand replied,
"That sounds fine, we have plenty of time young Logan.", Jeroc said in response to Logan's old man comments.
As they walked off to get two trays of food, Cella watched them leave with a faint smile spread across her face. 'poor Jeroc, he's just aking for trouble with taking this one under his wing. Though the force help him, he's probably the only one with the patients enough'
As they were picking up their trays of food, Logan looked overat Jeroc and inquired "so what were you talking about 'show me some more about the Force'? I have used it before, I mean I've seen things through it and done things with it before."
Jeroc looked over with eyes filled with wisdom and knowledgeand said " well I'll just have to show you, but tell me about how you've used the Force before. Maybe it will help me in teaching you how to use it again".
Logan sat down at the table and saw a ginuine want to listen. No one had ever actually wanted to listen to him before, and he desided that maybe he could trust this guy after all. He launched into a description of his past adventures and dealings with the Force, trying to not embellish as he often did. He knew that if he did, the old man would probably see right through it anyway, and besides, for some reason he didn't want to let him down in that way. It was weird, he would have actually felt guilty about it........

------------------
"Where are my keys?"

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LoganMurroe on August 02, 2000]

Posts: 21 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.54.70
JerocMahoy

aka BobPalpatine

Member # 32

posted 08-02-2000 02:50 AM     Profile for JerocMahoy   Author's Homepage   Email JerocMahoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Jeroc and Logan moved down the halls of the temple while Logan was talking to Jeroc about many stories. This kid had enough stories to tell at such a young age. Jeroc was not sure which ones he had actually lived or which ones were embellished. There was certianly a lot of embellishing going on but Jeroc could sense that the boy was trying to keep his embellishing down to a minumum. They were outside in the growing darkness of night. They moved through the open feild and into the woods. Jeroc saw to smooth rocks up ahead. It would be a perfect place to conduct a study for Logan.

"Here we are Logan we will start with your training of the Force right here. Ok your first lesson will be sensing what is around you and touching other life forms. I want you to concentrate and spread your senses but don't forget about the moment. You must always be alert and not have your focus on just one thing entirely. Now just spread your senses and let yourself sense the Force around you..."

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

Posts: 47 | From: St. Charles, MO, USofA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.54.70
LoganMurroe

Member # 42

posted 08-02-2000 03:30 PM     Profile for LoganMurroe   Author's Homepage   Email LoganMurroe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Logan wasn't sure at first what he actually meant but replied "Ok, I'll try."
Jeroc merely looked at him with patients in his eyes and replied " In this life, Logan, we either do what we set out to or we don't. So just do it, don't try."
It was strange how that made sense to him, but he still wasn't sure how to go about the task set before him. So he just did it. He closed his obsidion eyes and tried to feel what was out there, but only saw the backs of his eyelids. He kept pushing with his mind but to no avail.
It was only when he started to give up, and quit pushing that he suddenly saw without his eye, and saw everything with clarity he had never known. He had to keep from gasping at first, it was more than he had ever hoped for. He felt the birds of all kind fly to there pertches and could feel them being warmed by the last rays of the sun as it set. He felt the nocturnal predators start to wake and stir about on the jungle floors. He could feel it all, the spider crawling up the wall behind them, the students inside the temple and out, and then he realized he had failed his first test when he felt his new master right beside him. It was true that he had reached out with the Force and sensed the life that moved all about him, but he hadn't kept his mind on the now. He knew that moments had turned into minuts and minuts had turned to hours. When he opened his eyes, darkness had rapped around Yavin and he knew he had failed in some way for the secound time.

------------------
"Where are my keys?"

Posts: 21 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.15
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 08-02-2000 07:10 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The next morning, Cella was about to start her daily walk in the jungle. She was carrying a towel as well, because she planned to hike to a place only she and a few others knew about, a cool spring in the heart of the jungle that was a wonderful spot for bathing in the sticky heat. The spring formed a creek and then fell over a large mass of stone which Cella had nicknamed "Mother of Waters". As she headed into a clearing with a few flat stones, she was surprised to find Master Jeroc and Logan there.

Cella tried to cover her surprise. She bowed to the Jedi Master and nodded to Logan. "Jeroc, Logan, a pleasant morning to you."

Jeroc returned her bow with a nod of his head and Logan grinned at her. "I hope I haven't disturbed you," Cella said politely. Have they been out here all night? I don't recall them coming back to the temple...

Jeroc smiled kindly at Cella. "In fact, we have. Yavin's night is full of wonders, and I could think of no better time to teach Logan to reach out with his senses and touch the Force." Cella was embarrassed at having let her thoughts broadcast so loudly, and she dampened her surprise.

Logan looked pointedly at Cella, then at the towel in her hand. "Where were you headed to, Cella?"

Jeroc gave Logan a warning look, but Cella decided to tell. "I was just going for my morning walk."

"What, walking your pet towel?" Logan laughed, and Jeroc resolved to have a serious talk with the young man about respecting people's privacy.

Cella blushed. "No, actually, I was headed to a cold spring a few miles north of here to bathe." She felt suddenly friendly, and offered, "Would you like to come with me?" After all, Jeroc was one of her best friends, and Logan didn't seem so bad.

Logan raised an eyebrow. "Well, as long as you're not bathing in the nude."

"Logan!" Jeroc reprimanded, but Cella laughed. "Don't worry, Jeroc, you will have plenty of time to teach your student Jedi dignity. Come on, let's go. Perhaps the student and teacher will find an object lesson in the beauty of the spring and its waterfall." And she led the two farther into the jungle.

------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.39
LoganMurroe

Member # 42

posted 08-04-2000 03:49 AM     Profile for LoganMurroe   Author's Homepage   Email LoganMurroe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*They start into the jungles of Yavin IV, stepping over brush and fallen leaves, following faithfully after Cella. Up hills and back down over their mirror sides, each time meeting a larger sloped eddiface inwhich they had to conquer to reach their destination. Though Logan had considered himself is good shape, he quickly began to question that assumption.
Hoping that perhaps someonelse felt the same need to rest for a few moments, he inquired " This isn't to much for you old man because we can stop if you need too." without looking over his shoulder. To his dismay came, " No Logan, the Force is all the strength I need, not rest. Though if you require such, we shall stop.".
Logan looked back with sweat dripping down his face at Jeroc and saw that the old man hadn't even started to perspire."No, just checking on you. I'm sure Cella doesn't want to carry you out of here any more than i do, if you pass out on us." he said trying to hide the fact that he wasn't use to doing this, at least not in an environment such as this. HE heard a short laugh come from Cella, but nothing else was said till they neared the Spring. Instead of resting, he opted to try to open himself up to the Force and try to focuss on the now.
He slowly openned himself to its power and again was ammazed by it. This time however, he tried to keep his mind on what was directly around him. He still had a great deal to learn about control, but make no mistake, he would learn. He was so far behind the others that were his age, he had to.It would be hard he knew, but there was nothing that he couldn't if he devoted himself to it. He would listen to the old man, and he would learn........

------------------
"Where are my keys?"

Posts: 21 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.101
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 08-04-2000 07:16 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella felt the young man's determination to learn surge through the Force, and she was favorably impressed. The walk was a long one, and she had drawn on the Force several times to strengthen tired muscles and steady uncertain feet. I might teach Logan how to do that, she thought as she looked at his sweaty, ruddy face in amusement. It is a very useful skill here on Yavin IV.

Finally, they reached the spring. Cella ducked discreetly behind a bush to remove her outer garments and put on her bathing suit. She could still hear Logan and Jeroc talking, and sense Logan's wonder at the marvel of the waterfall.

For a few minutes, Logan just stood on the banks of the clear pool and watched the waterfall tumble over the jagged gray mass of stone. He'd seen many things, but few things as beautiful and tranquil as this. He was surprised to find that it made him think of Alexis, and wondered idly where she was. I hope I'll see her again, he thought, and blushed.

As Jeroc removed his Master's robes and stripped down to his shorts, he saw his student's blush and smiled. "We will have a lesson soon," he said, "but now, we can just go for a swim. It'll certainly be refreshing after that hike," Jeroc said slyly, and Logan gave him a dirty look.

Before either of them could say anything, they suddenly spotted Cella at the top of the rock pile. She grinned cockily, and, without a word, dived smoothly into the deepest part of the pool, splashing both Jeroc and Logan soundly. She came up and looked at the two wet men. "Gotcha," she drawled smoothly, and Jeroc jumped into the pool, shouting, "You little ingrate! How dare you splash a master!"

As the two Jedi engaged in a furious but fun water fight, Logan watched a little uneasily. He'd never seen adults play like this, and he never would have expected it from Jedi. He pondered whether or not to go in. He didn't really want to drop his tough-guy act yet. He hadn't had much of a childhood, and he wasn't sure he knew how to let go and have fun. Just then, Cella winked at him, and Logan watched in fascination as she used the Force to gather water into a sphere and float it over Jeroc's head. Instead of bursting it on Jeroc, though, she floated it over to Logan and burst it on him! Logan laughed and decided to join in. After all, he was hot from the long hike. He jumped right into the pool.

------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.187
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 08-06-2000 08:59 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the three ships, Shuttle Transport 1 carrying Squad 7 of the Noghri, Shuttle Transport 2 carrying the Phase II Dark Troopers, and the modified ship with Lord Wicked, Nikk, Leeve and S'ckil entered Yavin IV's atmosphere, they put down roughly 100 meters from where Logan, Jeroc, and Cella played. This would not be an afternoon they would soon forget.

The repulsorlifts from the ship hissed as the landing gear crept from it's bays and put down. Ramps extended from the two shuttle transports, the Phase II Dark Troopers piling out in Imperial Grace, the squad of Noghri doing so also. And as the cockpit to the modified ship broke it's seal, air scurried in and out, as it lifted open. The three noghri darting out, standing afront Squad 7. Then a blue orb, with Lord Wicked inside floated from the ship, out roughly 5 meters from the ship Lord Wickeds feet kicking to the ground, his robes dropping around him, barely missing the ground.

"Squad 3... make haste to the Temple. Lay low, kill no one unless confronted and gather information for now." The squad saluted then turned on heel and charged towards the Temple. Lord Wicked turning to the squad of Noghri, smirking; "Squad 7. You are the best of the best. Scour the area, split up and let no one make it up or off this rock."

Turning on heel, Nikk shot to his side, with Leeve and S'ckil close behind. "You three... find them, do not act, I will see with your eyes though I will take a different route. They will not leave before I speak to them."

The three noghri made haste taking the same trail the three Jedi did. Lord wicked on the other hand, turned, the blue orb expanding around him once more. Floating upwards, he took to the sky and looked down, surrounding the area was Squad 7 of the Noghri... ahh yes, he would speak with Skywalker.

His form wavered, and then nothing but mist remained, which also disperesed quickly. With speed nearly that of a blaster bolt, he made his way towards the three, a smile adorning his unseen face. As soon as he reached the upper cliffside, his form became visible once more, floating just above the rocks with his eyes on the three below. A woman of beauty... strong in the Force... yet she goes untrained to her full potential... ignorant Jedi Masters failing to keep pressing her abilities to greater lengths. Another... a completely untapped Force wielder... unarmed... no saber no blaster. Magnificent... now Skywalker.

Turning his attention upon Jeroc... he shook his head, that was not Luke Skywalker! How could he mistake this man for Skywalker? That is it... he sensed through the Force whom was 'In Charge' of the Temple... not for Skywalker. A mistake that will never be made again.

This woman... she reminded him of someone close to his heart... closing his eyes he opened his mind to Squad 7, Squad 3, Nikk, Leeve, and S'ckil, "Do not harm the lady Jedi. She is to be left in one piece"

He looked back upon them, not hiding that transmission from their minds eye. As the blue orb dissappeared, he landed softly upon the rockes above, his black hair drifting behind him, his face calm, not a day over 27 standard years, handsome... his eyes shimmering a turquoise hue from the springs glaze, his robes lightly stirring under the breeze. "Where is Skywalker?"

-Darth Wicked

------------------
And saith unto him; 'All these things will I give thee if you will fall down and worship me...'

[monger=FF0000,FFFF00]Role Playing Administrator[/monger]

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Darth Wicked on August 06, 2000]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 152.163.207.207
JerocMahoy

aka BobPalpatine

Member # 32

posted 08-07-2000 12:02 AM     Profile for JerocMahoy   Author's Homepage   Email JerocMahoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*Jeroc looked at the man in front of him and saw that he was filled with anger and hate. He was also strong in the Force. Jeroc could read that he was not here on friendly business. It seemed that the three's playing shall be put on hold for a while.

"I'm sorry but Master Skywalker is gone. If you wish to speak to someone it will have to be me.",Jeroc said very calmly. He could sense fear coming from Logan. The boy was trying to convey his confidence to everyone around him. Even though he had none. Jeroc spread his mind across the area and felt that Logan was doing it too. Good the boy was learning. He felt some prescenes around. Many of them...if there were to be a confrontation the Jedi would not have a lot of a chance.

"Why do you wish to speak with Master Skywalker?"

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

Posts: 47 | From: St. Charles, MO, USofA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.68
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 08-07-2000 12:29 AM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
His eye's looked over the three, a smirk spreading acrossed his lips. He still could not get over the woman Jedi... she stuck out in his mind. Turning to the strongest Jedi, he opened his mind to the Force... ahhh... the weak one gave him the names, reopening his eyes his blood curdling voice rang out once more, "Jeroc... I came to speak with Skywalker on a 'business' side. A proposition if you will. But that concerns you not. Since he has recently departed... I have found a new being of interest. The girl... Cella... she comes with me. I can guarantee no harm whatsoever will come to her. And you will see her again."

Turning his attention towards the sky, a smirk spreading acrossed his lips; "Failure to cooperate will result in the bombardment of the planet, all the Jedi will be killed as well as any innocents on the planet."

Turning back towards them, his face stone cold, all intentions hidden, locked away within his mind, coated by every essence of the Dark Side. "The choice is yours..."

-Darth Wicked

------------------
And saith unto him; 'All these things will I give thee if you will fall down and worship me...'

[monger=FF0000,FFFF00]Role Playing Administrator[/monger]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 152.163.206.184
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 08-07-2000 02:14 AM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeroc looked at Cella, a terrible decision awaiting him. He could not ask his friend and colleague to go with this man against his will, and he could not subject an entire planet to massacre of the worst sort. But he was spared. Biting her lip, Cella made the decision for him.

Summoning up all her courage, she spoke directly to the dark man. "I will go with you. I trust that you are a man of your word. I ask only this. Let me have a few words with Jeroc."

The man nodded. "You are a girl of perception as well as beauty. I am indeed a man with honor. You may speak to this man briefly. Then we will depart." A chilling grin spread across his face as he withdrew to let the two Jedi have some privacy.

Immediately after the man stepped back, Jeroc spoke. "Cella, I cannot permit you to do this. You are putting yourself in immeasurable danger. Besides, what's to stop this man from carrying out his threat once you're in his hands?" Jeroc was trying hard to remain calm, but he was almost panicked with fear.

Cella cut him short. "Is it for me, or for yourself that you fear?" she said sharply. Jeroc was taken aback, and Cella could see his hurt. She reached over and took his hand. "Don't worry. Fear is of the dark side. Whatever happens to me is my Force-destined path." She smiled uneasily. "Skies, I'm sounding more fatalistic by the moment." She went on as Jeroc listened with characteristic patience. "This man will not hurt me, and he couldn't hurt me, not really. I sense that."

Jeroc was still uneasy. "Cella, I still don't think you should be doing this."

Cella smiled. "We have to say goodbye. Come, where is your masterly encouragement? You should be sending your student out into the world with a smile."

They hugged, and Jeroc thought, Out into the world does not mean into the hands of the dark side. He felt Cella's reassuring mind touch as she thought, The Force will keep me strong. Do not fear.
She broke off the embrace and the mental connection, and went to dress in her coverall and grab her lightsaber. Jeroc thought that he had never witnessed such courage of will, and he thought, If she isn't returned alive...

Logan watched the little drama, a helpless bystander. He felt weaker and more like a failure than ever. Shouldn't he be doing something, fighting this guy who was going to run off with his master's dearest friend? His mind knew he was doing the right thing, staying out of the way, but his heart screamed something else entirely. Silently, he vowed to dedicate himself to the Jedi path and make a warrior of himself. I will not be helpless all my life. I will become Jedi.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Rogue Angel on August 07, 2000]

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.42

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05