my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » SITH vs. JEDI (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: SITH vs. JEDI
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 09:35 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually Qui Jon Jin did reached a mastery level. He could have been on the Jedi Council if it wasn't for his rebellious attitude that was created out of the philosophy of "not thinking, but feeling". He felt what he did most of the time was right or correct, so boo-bang.

I'm agreeing with Entaris idea, it is about being slain.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:00 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slain? ok read the "Tales of the Jedi" comic series. In it Master Arca jeth is shot in the back, "slain". Why then does he become 1 with the force when he dies? Master Vodo-Siosk Baas was also "slain" by Exar Kun...yet he became a force spirit and returned to during the "Jedi Academy" trilogy.

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:20 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well you may be right, but Qui Jon Jin did make an apperance in the last movie as a spirit. He was one with the force, as he was able to scream out to Yoda through the force, as well as Anakin that this was wrong.

He was saying "No" during Anakin's masacare at the Tusken Raider camp.

I don't think it is about mastery though. I think it is about becoming one with the force, body and mind before your death. Whether it be right before or for years previous.

You can attain this without master as a Jedi.

Or it has to do with submitting yourself to the ways of the lightside. With love and compassion for others than yourself. This justifies why Darth Vader, though he killed previous before he death out of anger became one. He defended his son out of love and compassion.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:26 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Qui gon did not become a force spirit....only a voice.....
Oh wait what did Yoda say about meditating,"through the force, other places you see, other people, Old friends long gone".
If Yoda just heard Qui Gon's voice while meditating, it dose not mean Qui gon is a force spirit....Yoda just heard "an old friend long gone" during meditation

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:33 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No...

He has became a Force Spirit by what George Lucas says. If the actor who plays Qui Jon Jin hadn't been hurt in a bike accident George said he would have played a larger role in the movie. This hints that he is a Force Spirit and is able to channel himself through the Force.

A Force spirit is one that is one with the force. You are not one with the force if you don't hold the ability to talk through it. And who is to say that Anakin didn't see Qui Jon Jin. They split from the battle afterwards and went through the eyes of Yoda.

He could have heard at the camp Anakin's killing of the beings, aswell as Qui Jon Jin there.

ANother point of information that implies Qui Jon Jin is a very important role is that he will make an apperance in the next movie. Visually....

Now if that doesn't show he is a Force Spirit, I don't know what does...

I know you might think that this visual apperance might by a holocron, but I'm pretty sure from how George said it, and the interview that took place it would probably be a Force Spirited being.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:36 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now how do You know that?.....inside info, a leak, come on let me in on the good stuff(i love spoilers)

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:39 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get away from me...shouldn't have told you all this in the first place. But I can only hint...I got it from a star wars site.

This could hint it was the offical one, or fan on...you'll have to find out yourself.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-21-2003 07:40 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And as I recall with all the speculation, yadda yadda yadda, "George wrote/said such and so..." which occurred between Episode 1 and Episode 2, half of it didn't happen.

So once again... speculation? Pfft.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:42 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What speculation are you talkin' about Gray?

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:43 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you mean by "half of it didn't happen"?

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 05-24-2003 07:13 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, look how long it too ANAKIN to appear to LEIA in the EU books. Maybe it's just that he hasn't chosen to appear to anyone yet!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 07:44 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hold it....which book did he appear to Leia?

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 05-24-2003 07:52 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want to say that it was the one where LUKE meets CALLISTA's spirit on that drednaught. But I think it might be a book or two after that one.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 05-24-2003 07:54 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Planet of Twilight if memory serves me now!

--------------------

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 07:55 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought Callista became Human and was Luke's first love. Then they broke up only 1 book after they met.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 05-24-2003 08:04 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's been so long since I read the books I have trouble remembering what happened in what books. But I think The ANAKIN/LEIA thing happened in the books with the NOGHRI calling LEIA "LADY VADER"

--------------------

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 07:52 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think so.....Anakin does not appear in the Thrawn trilogy. I should know, I have the comic books.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 05-24-2003 08:02 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No no no... Way after the THRAWN TRILOGY. (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and Last Command)

Planet of Twilight, where HAN and LEIA try to help the NOGHRI rebuild thier world.

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 08:12 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No wait....i dug through my Star Wars book collection......actually Anakin appeared to Leia just after ROTJ in the book "Truce at Bakura" and begs for her forgiveness.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 05-26-2003 04:14 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I knew he did. I just couldn't remember when! Thanks for clearing that up Xam!

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-26-2003 10:51 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get back on subject guys, what about the Sith and Jedi?

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-26-2003 05:31 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Jedi.....will prevail!!!!

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-02-2003 04:32 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know. I think that Good only wins in movies. If you have ever watched 2 people really fight. The one who fights dirtyest will win 9/10 times.

--------------------

Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 10-13-2004 05:02 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, first of all, the famous sith of the past took on more than 10 jedi (not at the same time) and defeated them all, and it took many more to finally bring them down. It is because the dark side is more powerful at first, then becomes weaker later on and exacts its tole by weakening the body. But the sith rule anyway.

And gray is right, the force is not inheritly good or evil, but how it is used is. It is the same with the force powers. Using the force to crush someones life would be considered evil, but using it to heal someone would be considered good. This is not a finished thought however, but i don't want to type too much at the time.

[ 10-14-2004 12:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sa'kal'ishaalas ]

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-12-2007 12:25 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems like a very Jacen Solo kind of answer. The force is not separated into light and dark. It is all the same. It's just haw you harvest the power and to what ends you use it!

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 156.34.205.243

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05