my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » A wee question...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: A wee question...
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-19-2002 12:39 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, i was wondering,

are they gonna make ep 7,8,9? or are they quiting after ep 3? i know this probably shouldnt go here, but its a part of my goal, so live with it... if you want to know my goal, look at the main page, right after i post this, and see what happens :P

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.224
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-19-2002 03:55 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucas said he is not going to make and Sequels to the Original Trilogy. He says it would just take too long, and I think he'd prefer to write it, rather than have to follow the storyline created in the various books.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.167.146.6
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-19-2002 10:15 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd rather see him make prequels to th eprequels, or series of long in the past, creating new characters which would be much more of a orginal, or change of outlook on Yoda, and other old characters.....It would be nice to see if you ask me.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-19-2002 10:22 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It'd be somewhat neat, but I wouldn't count on anything Star Wars from George Lucas after Episode 3. I kind of wonder if he'll do any more films after it at all, unless they're planning on the new Indiana Jones to come out after Episode 3, but I heard it was gonna be made between SW2 and SW3.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.172.193.102
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-19-2002 10:28 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont think you actually can rebound from such a great series, that has built so much. Creating other movies, they'd always call him...

"The guy who made Star Wars" other then "George Lucas" for it was sooooo great for so long.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
rexcoeus

Broken Back Button

Member # 285

posted 07-11-2002 10:31 PM     Profile for rexcoeus   Author's Homepage   Email rexcoeus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If he made sequels to the Original Trilogy, I 'd like to see Luke open up the Jedi Academy. That would be great.

--------------------

May the Force be with you... always...

Posts: 12 | From: The Cantina on Mos Eisly | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 66.31.218.222
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 07-11-2002 10:50 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the new jedi order would make for good sequel(s)...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.162.111
Brodie-Wan

Member # 294

posted 07-28-2002 04:35 PM     Profile for Brodie-Wan   Author's Homepage   Email Brodie-Wan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucas is not going to make sequels to the oringal because he doesnt want it to end up like star trek.

--------------------

And thats all i have to say about that.

Posts: 42 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 209.202.90.231
jedimasterskul

Member # 315

posted 08-14-2002 11:44 PM     Profile for jedimasterskul   Author's Homepage   Email jedimasterskul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i agree with the new order doing good and they could use a lot of the aging actors perfectly
Posts: 18 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 209.206.157.102
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-14-2002 11:49 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What if instead doing sequels following the Star Wars storyling of comics/magazines/books, they do sequels that take place a hundred years (maybe more) after the Battle of Endor? We can see how great the Jedis had developed over the years, how the galaxy is handling the Republic, and what sinister evil may be brewing up in the darkest corners of the galaxy...

Oh wait, wrong graemlin

There we go!

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 11:56 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still find it possible if they did a story about Yoda, perfectly. I think Yoda is the best, and they should follow his beginnings and ends. Maybe reveal his race, it'd be nice

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05