my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » A Strangely Hollow Universe (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: A Strangely Hollow Universe
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-04-2002 03:13 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Continues from With Wings Like Eagles in this forum.))

For a long moment ShaRhylla did not deign to answer Loban, merely keeping her concentration on the road ahead. She wanted to make certain she could remember the route she would have to trace should she ever desire to return to the Temple of Phrinnchatka.

At length, though, the silence between Loban's question and the answer he yet awaited stretched too long. She licked her lips in thought, then proceeded with:

"There is no quest before me, Lo-Ban Kenobi of Tatooine," she began, her voice at first haughty then gradually quieting into something akin to simple certainty. "Simply an assured goal which I need only to tread the pathway of Time to reach. My step is strong and firm, and that goal will be reached, have no fear. But the road I must follow may prove to hold pitfalls along the way, and one who is strong may be... useful ...to me.

"Tell me, Loban Kenobi: how strong are you?"

She fell silent with that, hurrying to keep up with Lo-Ban's long-legged stride, cutting her eyes up into his to read into his soul, for no matter what words he would speak she knew the absolute truth would be found therein.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 10-04-2002 08:00 PM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The time has come...

The Endeavor entered K'eel Doban atmosphere...

"Lower the shield covering the sith city of Phrinnchatka..."

There was enough power for the lowering of one Chronotic Shield... although he has the knowledge, the power drain is too great to be done again...

The shield over Phrinnchatka quickly dropped, as the Endeavor came over the small forms of Lo-Ban and ShaRhylla...

Lo-Ban recognized the ship, and tried to pull ShaRhylla away... it was too late, they were both taken up by some sort of tractor beam...

The Endeavor blasted out and away from K'eel Doba, twice as fast as it came in...

--------------------

Make my millennium...

Posts: 80 | From: see loban | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.78.43
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-04-2002 08:14 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He found himself, and the young ShaRhylla, in a room that looked very familiar...

There appeared to be no exits, a solid room...

Then... a nockout gas appeared from no where, and began to fill the room...

"ShaRhylla... how long can you hold your breath??"

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.78.43
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-04-2002 08:30 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's former air of queenly hauteur fell abruptly from her and she eyed the noxious yellow fumes beginning to fill the room they were in, cocking her head to scrutinize the matter with an air of calmness that rose up from somewhere inside her she didn't even know existed.

At length she spoke.

"Hmmph, this is silly!"

Then with a wave of her hand she made her first real command of the All which lurked inherent within her. It obeyed immediately, forming an invisible shield of sorts around the two of them, keeping the fumes from threatening them any further.

There was the little matter of oxygen, and how long the supply the two of them had beneath that shield would hold out. But this was a bridge ShaRhylla would cross when she came to it. For now it was enough to simply hold the poisonous gases at bay, and wait to see just how strong her new companion indeed truly was. Crossing her arms in front of herself and widening her stance, she pinned Lo-Ban with her uncanny eyes, the look she now gave him clearly stating her dubious belief that this was how he had planned on freeing them from Phrinnchatka, and following that with the obvious question:

Any brilliant ideas as to where we go from here?

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-04-2002 09:44 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So... she DOES have use of that, which Shayla and Graysith weild...

"Don't worry... I believe I have an idea... let us move to the opposite side of this room..." He then waited for ShaRhylla to comply...

[ 10-04-2002 09:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.78.43
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-04-2002 10:16 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Continues from With Wing Like Eagles in this forum, thank you.))

I stand in thoughtful silence at my usual position by the fireplace in the Dining Hall, a glass of Sith brandy held in one of my clawed hands. Every now and then I take a quick sip of the fiery liquid, but my mind is not on savoring the delicate bouquet of this liquor. Indeed it is a credit to my abilities that I manage to appear so mild, if not the very epitome of nonchalance at all, when the fact of the matter is my mind is trying to outrace my heart, which is pounding like hades in my chest.

The chronotic shield has long been reinstated. But the fact remains that it had indeed been dropped....

Who has it in their power to do such a thing? The only other All user known to exist outside of the current inhabitants of this city is Ankrist Roan; by the maker's very decree a chronotic shield can only be dropped by other than the one erecting it if that dropping is to benefit the Greater Good of the many....

My eyes are the only thing to betray that inner mood as they now darken, blackened basaltic crusts forming over those otherwise fiery volcanic orbs.

This means that the taking of Graysith's daughter by Ankrist Roan and or Loban Kenobi of Tatooine somehow was beneficial to the Greater Good.

But how?

Now a slight shudder ripples through my body as my converging thoughts settle on one thing: the words spoken by the mysterious personage on Kamino who had urged Graysith to kill her own daughter. And while I have not actually seen the man, I need no divination, no Sith sorceries or magics to support my sudden hunch that that person and the one now taking the two young people are in fact one and the very same....

My heart growing heavier and heavier in my chest, I voice aloud all I have been pondering since being awakened by the events now pressing upon us, hence coming here to discuss with all present the little matter of how we will respond to this new threat.

[ 10-04-2002 11:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-04-2002 11:03 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No matter what the will of the Greater Good was, Shayla firmly believed that they must find out exactly who this enigmatic being was, and what exactly his intentions were. This, however, required finding him, and that could be a difficult task considering he was able to shield himself from the All...

Shayla frowned as something suddenly clicked in her brain. Loban had taken ShaRhylla, and had disappeared with her. Loban had popped up on Khar Delba looking for Shayla, later explaining that he had been recruited to become a Jedi if he found Shayla and brought her back to a particular entity by the name of "Master Tyberius." But when she and Loban had arrived at the rendevous the "ship" in which their contact was traveling...

...was somehow blocked from the All.

Shayla's frown deepened.

Master Tyberius...the mysterious entity on Kamino...and the one back on Tatooine who had instructed Loban Kenobi to bring Shayla to him...

...all one and the same?

Made sense. After all, there weren't many out there who could block the All, and as Lord Aelvedaar had stated, the only other possibility was Roan. And he had rejected his own daughter.

But--

Shayla's eyes flashed with inspiration as an idea struck her. She related her conclusions on the Master Tyberius who had been seeking her out, and her belief that he was in fact the one Graysith and Recinis had encountered on Kamino.

He had been a mysterious shadow when Loban had taken her to him aboard that ship, but somehow Shayla just knew...

"The thing is," Shayla continued, "This Tyberius's ship blocks the All, however it is rather large. When we encountered it on Tatooine it took the form of a moon, and stuck out like a sore thumb. Depending upon its current form, we just might be able to find where Loban and Rhylla have been taken based on this very fact. And after all, it's not every day you come upon a moon, or anything else for that matter, that cannot be sensed by the All..."

[ 10-04-2002 11:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-05-2002 12:12 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin was listening to all that was going on, but something was bothering him.

Really bothering him.

Everyone had been called to the meeting, so far as he knew. And pretty much everyone was here excepting Shawn, Erik, and...

...Galen and Darra.

He frowned, listening to Shayla's words as best he could while a spooky yet not entirely inexplicable concern stuck its little head up and demanded attention.

She had at least been informed of what had happened, right? Someone here did know where she was, didn't they?

And while Terrin knew Galen probably wanted some space he wasn't comfortable with her just being off anywhere after Loban and Rhylla had been yanked from the city.

He needed to at least know where she was.

His mind was most certainly not at ease in the knowledge that he didn't have a clue where his own wife and daughter were, aside from somewhere within the Temple. And that was before the shield had dropped...

His concern heightened another notch.

You are her husband, you idiot. Ask.

Terrin cleared his throat for attention, hoping that the others would understand his concern and forgive him for his momentary diversion in topic. "I don't mean to be rude," Terrin started, "But with the momentary shield drop I'm a little bit concerned about the whereabouts of my wife and daughter. Does anyone know where they are?"

He paused at that, waiting, again praying for understanding in the matter.

[ 10-05-2002 01:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Izzy

Extemely Loyal but Impertinent R2 Unit

Member # 217

posted 10-05-2002 02:01 AM     Profile for Izzy   Author's Homepage   Email Izzy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I always hate how humans seem to forget their loyal droids until they need them. It is a very annoying thing, regardless of the fact that, being a droid, I really do not have any emotions. But I know that they will always eventually come back; especially my particular owner. She is really good about taking care of me, but gods know that she has certainly been preoccupied lately.

So, in order to fill my time doing something useful, I took a roll outdoors and extended my low energy sensors, carefully comparing the mapping of the city which I had already placed in my databanks earlier with the new one I was charting even now. I paid careful attention this time to lifeform readings as well, noting the presence of all those here, locking their signatures into my memory banks.

After all, that's what droids do. Collect data, and more data, and more data.

After staying in thus a manner for quite a while, I decided that all was well and headed back for the Temple. After all, a droid never knew when her humans might need her.

[ 10-05-2002 02:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Never underestimate the devotion of a droid...

Posts: 7 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-05-2002 02:12 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith had been sitting quietly with Recinis, listening to everyone's ideas. She agreed with Shayla and Lord Aelvedaar's assessment that the mysterious Tyberius was undoubtedly the culprit behind this latest kidnapping. Turning to Recinis, she whispered in his ear; then rising, she approached Lord Aelvedaar, bowed her head, and then addressed him directly.

"My Sire, I know we are at risk in the matter, but if you would be so good as to drop the shield...?"

She held up the Claw of S'slan, wiggling it for emphasis.

The Sorcerer Lord's molten eyes widened, and he merely nodded to her, making a slight movement with one clawed finger as he did so. All about the hidden city, the shield immediately dropped.

The Chosen Daughter was quick; Aelvedaar had taught her well. She immediately reached out with all the power of her talents, stretching, seeking, striding out upon the backs of those mysterious places existing between time and space...

...and finally finding them.

They were very far away; the ship travelling at an inordinate speed. But at the moment it was not cloaked....

Now the Glyph on Graysith's forehead flared into incandescent life, bathing all with it's nuclear blast as it ravened up the electromagnetic spectrum. She closed her eyes tightly, stretching out with the Claw, aiming for a signature that was more familiar to her than her own heart.

Flesh knows its own....

In the blink of an eye, she had stepped through the portal she had ripped open, appeared in a small windowless and doorless room which was occupied by her daughter and the young Lo-Ban. Both rounded on her in utter surprise, ShaRhylla's eyes beginning to flare in a manner all to like her mother's....

Graysith wouldn't have it. A quick blast, and both dropped in their tracks, sent into slumber by a mere tap of the All. Then she stepped forward, grasped Lo-Ban by his collar, placed her other arm about her daughter's shoulders...

...and drew them back with her to Phrinnchatka.

All had occurred in the merest blink of an eye. She nodded to her Sire, who quickly raised the chronotic shield once again.

Then she literally fell back against her Lord and love, fatigued by the power expenditure she had used.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-05-2002 02:31 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis wrapped his arms about his wife protectivly, lending support to her in her tired moments, offering a place she might find an eternity of rest within, within which he would forever protect her.

As she rested comfortably in his strong embrace recinis let his focus fall to other manors....

He carfuly considered terrins words for a moment, Understanding the concern the man was feeling, recinis let his concious slowly expand untill he located those two lifeforms which were identified as galan and Darra...

"I have not seen them of late... But i may assure you they are safe... off within this very temple somewhere..."

He smiled faintly before turning his gaze to those that were alseep, putting two and two together he quickly came to a proper answer, wrapping his arms that much more securly about the slight form of Jharmeen, lending her all the strength he could spare.

then quietly he whispered to her "now you must rest..."
slowly he reached within himself finding that amazingly deep calm, and then sharing it with graysith along the link they kept, untill finaly her fatigue was put to challange with it, and she drifted slowly into slumber...
And so he remained thus, she needed rest, and he was determined that none would awaken her untill she so had it... all the while he was deviding his own strengths into her, removing as much of the fatigue as could be by simple energy, though he knew much relied simply on a good rest, and with the chopy short naps they had been taking, he knew she would enjoy the sleep...
Slowly he let his eyes close as well, keeping but the tiniest tendril of conciousness pressent so he might awaken himself, or her should the need arise...

[ 10-05-2002 02:32 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.168
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-05-2002 02:44 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Continues from As Wolf In The Fold in "CSWU forum, thank you.))

he sat idely examining the map which had been created, studdiying the strange design of the city, it was so organized when looking at it from this angle, so perfectly made...

Then slowly his console noted an energy pulse being emited, locking onto a faint droid signature.
With a growl entaris fingers burst into action.Accessing... DENIED
Accessing... DENIED
Accessing... GRANTED

Droid protocal unite-X//V9234//vest/

Designation... Izzy

Accessing memory banks...

Access granted.

"110010101010011101010101110010101010111001
100110110100011101010101010101010100001110"

Command-Delet File MAPLF.mem

Deleting... file deleted...

Command-Create File MAPLF.mem

File created.

"101001"

Command-Data Uplink

Uplinking... Uplink established.
And so the lines swept accross the page, untill entaris had done his very best to remove all possible evedence the droid might have gained that could reveal him later, a stealthy operation it was, and in all fashions the droid was the same, except now the presence of all life forms besides those within the temple, were gone...and indeed, that simple droid had just provided him with all the information he needed... He no knew where it was everyone within the city was...and now had a way of continuesly tracking thier movements... The droids scanners, would assure him that...

[ 10-17-2002 02:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.168
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-05-2002 02:50 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although I do not show it, inwardly I sag a bit in relief to see how easily this latest crisis had been resolved. I look upon all: the wide-eyed adept, the captain, his jaw agape but the fear in his eye lessening by the minute, the daughter chosen by me now sleeping in the embrace of her husband, the two quiet forms yet unconscious on the floor....

I frown at that, nod toward them. I know Graysith would not have a hair on her daughter's head so much as breathed upon by me; in fact, there was no need for it. All along she had been letting her wishes be known; it was no surprise that she had tried to leave Phrinnchatka.

But the young Lo-Ban Kenobi is quite another matter. My frown deepens, my brows lower and I peer down my nose at his sleeping form. Then I raise my head, casting a look around the room. My Brother appears to be losing himself to slumber as well; I turn instead to the Adept and the Captain.

"This one is to be placed in restriction," I say somberly, my eyes flashing to let them know how deeply I mean the words. "For all the thought and word about trust which has been flowing between these very walls, this one has certainly lost mine entirely. He is to be arrested and interrogated when he awakens; see to it!"

I rise to my feet, turning to leave. In passing, I send a thought into the mind of my Brother Lord, for although he appears fully asleep I know he has not yet reached that stage.

"I shall go to Lord Rean's rooms, and there seek what information I can concerning the chronotic shield, that perhaps I may devise a means of strengthening ours."

With that and a final nod of my head to all, I depart to set upon that very task.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Izzy

Extemely Loyal but Impertinent R2 Unit

Member # 217

posted 10-05-2002 02:52 AM     Profile for Izzy   Author's Homepage   Email Izzy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I tootled back into the Temple and headed back for my Mistress's quarters, suddenly feeling the need for a power recharge. Kartan had kindly left the hook-ups ready for me to use; after retracting my scanners and putting them to sleep I used a pincher to reach out and grab the power source, which was hooked up to some sort of peculiar Sith technology that worked well in place of a battery.

Then, after ensuring all my files and systems were properly in order, I shut down and prepared for a dose of energy.

--------------------

Never underestimate the devotion of a droid...

Posts: 7 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-05-2002 03:21 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She awoke slowly, a maddened and quite uncontrollable ronto trying to beat its way through her skull. For a moment she simply lay quietly, letting a coherent portion of herself speak up in wonderment that perhaps that knock-out gas had managed to penetrate her shield after all.

Then she groaned, and peeped one violet-ringed turquoise eye open. Everything was crooked, up-ended... and somehow very, very familiar.

Altogether too familiar, in fact.

She sat up with a start. The frown of consternation was immediately replaced by one of pure, unadulterated rage.

How DARE they!

Glaring about herself, she just sat shaking with anger on the cold floor of the Temple Dining Hall, that great stone chamber now occupied by only herself, her mother...

...and that insufferable Sith warrior who had had the gall to treat her as he had.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-05-2002 03:35 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis was in between slumber anc conciousness, when he felt ShaRhylla awaken.
Quietly he quested out into the room, and what he found brought no pleasure...

While he would not bring himself fully awake as of yet, easily could he sense that the child once more had taken upon her that cloak of complete ignorance, and total weakness...

She views herself as strongest, when she is weakest, and weakest when she is indeed her strongest... She will learn, i will make it so.
The thougth wafted to the surfice of his concious.
He simple wrapped his arms more warmly about Jharmeen, thier forms shifting slightly as he let himself draw once more into the comfort of sleep... For right now that child was simply not worth his time... He was indeed not in the mood to deal with her anticts, if she wished to leave the city, or to gain any of which she sought, These pointless plees for attention would not be the action that granted them... if she truly wanted what she claimed to, He would listen only when she found the strength to be heard, and not simply achnoledged, and not a moment before.

It was then he faded completly into sleep, taking in completly the warmth provided by Jharmeens body, which he snuggled with softly, putting all thoughts of children, and roan, and even of the fact that thier was another form of awarness, completly behind him.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.168
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-05-2002 04:27 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin helped Shayla drag Loban to a nearby small and empty room. He looked about, shuddering a bit despite his rising suspicion regarding the boy.

Not a very friendly place to wake up in, although things could be worse...

But then, this Loban was now somehow connected with a threat to them all; a threat that involved the ability of lowering the very shield which protected them all here and therefore a threat to Galen and Darra.

And with the revelation that this threat involved the mystery man on Kamino who had encouraged Graysith to kill her own child; after the connection that this was the same person who instructed Loban to seek out and bring Shayla to him, one thing was clear:

This guy sure had a taste for All users...

...and Loban had been leading ShaRhylla out of the city, supposedly just to "take her home"?

Riiiiiight.

Terrin's suspicions just stepped up another level with the sudden curiosity that, if given the right opportunity, would this Loban dare lead Galen and Darra to this enigmatic entity as well?

Terrin wasn't much of one to trust anybody. And this young boy had certainly lost his trust. And somehow he'd always been a little hesitant about him. Terrin cocked his head, slitting his eyes slightly as he looked down suspiciously on the unconscious form of Loban Kenobi still laying without movement on the floor of the otherwise empty room.

He'd have a chance to explain himself. And Terrin wondered however just what he might have to say...

[ 10-05-2002 04:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-05-2002 04:50 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla watched Terrin carefully, keenly aware of his rising suspicions, not really disagreeing with him regarding them.

Then, "You can go now," she said at length to him. He looked up with a start, seeming to simply forget that she was even there.

You were ALWAYS good at that, weren't you? some random voice from gods knew where shot up and proclaimed. Shayla shoved that particular entity back into its place, wondering why in the Universe something like that would come to her mind at such a time.

He arched an eyebrow, and she continued with, "I'll take it from here. Besides, there's no reason to sit around and stare at him while he's out. He will be...very securely detained here, and will remain under more than just merely my watchful eye. If you are needed, you will be notified."

At that she motioned Terrin out and turned one final time, regarding Loban with a cool greeny-blue gaze. Then she too stepped out of the small room, the door closing behind her with a strange click of finality, only to be opened once more by a user of the All when the time for that indeed came.

And Shayla awaited the wakening of young Loban Kenobi, relying not only on her well-trained senses, but also on the keen watchfulness of a Noghri warrior lurking within the shadows...

[ 10-05-2002 04:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-05-2002 04:56 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Time ticked inexorably on, during which ShaRhylla stubbornly maintained her position on the floor of the Dining Hall. It was as if she was trying to illogically show that by staying where she was, it didn't really matter to her that she in fact was on the floor, that being dragged back here to this unknown place was really no more than a mere inconvenience to her, and that she could leave once again at any time she so desired.

So she stayed on the hard, cold floor, refusing to so much as scoot nearer to the fire, which was crackling in counterpoint to Lord Recinis's gentle snores.

At length, though, the discomfort of her position began to bother her. She started shifting about from one hip to the next, first curling her legs this way, then crossing them that, until at last she reached the end of her rope.

Curse them, curse them BOTH to the nether regions for treating me this way!

The glare in her eye hardened further as she abruptly leapt to her feet, as though it were the fault of Recinis and his lady that she had been so uncomfortable. She stood there, clenching her fists, now lowering her brows as she continued to watch them sleep blissfully together on a nearby couch.

Other than them, the Dining Hall was utterly empty.

An even darker look came into her eye, and with a movement as sudden as it was vicious she threw her hand out toward the sleeping pair, fingers loosely curled, in much the same manner as when she had blasted the bounty hunter on Kamino. Her lip curled into an anticipatory sneer...

...which froze immediately into scowl when nothing happened. She tried again; to no avail.

Now the scowl transformed into one of confused inquiry, as she wondered to herself as to the vagaries of this strange power she seemed to have. After much thought, however, she decided she had come to a correct answer.

To test it, she moved her hand to the side, now aiming it at the fireplace.

"I'm cold," she whispered... and cut off anything further she might have said as a flaming firebrand came flying across the room to land gently in her hand. Her hand fisted about it, and for a moment she studied the flaming end thoughtfully before her lips spread into an evil little smile.

She was right. So she couldn't outright attack with this power; she could defend... and with cunning, she was positive she could get around the restrictions it seemed to have upon her.

Such as now. Curling her lip into a deadly grimace, she tiptoed forward to the pair on the couch, and came to a stealthy halt in front of their sleeping forms.

They didn't so much as twitch.

Fires of hell danced in ShaRhylla's uncanny eyes as she then thrust the burning firebrand toward them, aiming directly where the woman's head lay nestled in the protection of the warriors shoulder.

Let them burn, and in doing so provide her with light enough to see the way to her next avenue of excape. She was positive it was out there waiting for her, as well as she was positive she was better off finding t alone.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-05-2002 09:00 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis' conciousness suddenly snapped into being as he sensed a dark intent being focused upon himself, and his love. he instantly put those feelings to use as he realized who it was held them.

His eyes snapped open in a fiery glow, focusing upon ShaRhylla with in a menacing way, to which the suddenness of his awakening startled the girl.

Quietly he arose, making sure his dear Jharmeen would not be desturbed, he had promised she would rest, and so she would.

as he rose to stand impossingly in front of the couch, he allowed his glare to continue to grow into that emerald fire, which seemed as though the purest gem had been placed infront of the most brillent light.

His hand extended quickly, taking within his grasp the piece of burning coal which the girl had held, and tossing it back, ignoring the fierce heat which had been implaced upon his hand by the touch of that ember.
"No more, ShaRhylla..." his voice was cold as he spoke to her. "You desire to leave this city? very well, Prove that you are strong enough to. I have had enough of your childish games, you feel as though you are so much higher above us? You are nothing, if you want to be treated as a queen, if you want to leave, then you will earn it. Nothin save love is given freely. And i have no intention of changing that prospect now."

he then took her up and dragged her away, opening a door and showing her the soft and homely contents "this is your room. This is the only place in this city you may act as though you are surpreme. All other places are shared, and if you have a problem with that notion, you will deal with it."

He then turned away from her speaking as his steps beat softly on the stone "You are not a ruler untill you are proven through the sith trials... And you are not worthy of those trials untill you prove you can hold respect and honor. Should you want help, ask for it, do not expect others to serve you though."

he then turend a corner and and returned to watch lovingly over his dear wife.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.2
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-05-2002 09:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla padded to her suites to do a little freshening up, her mind all the while still carefully trained on the unconscious form of Loban Kenobi in the cell that would currently be his home. Upon reaching the room she took a bit of time to take care of her needs, smiling at the purple and silver R2 unit that was powered down and pulling more power from a strange yet highly effective Sith power source.

"Hey girl," Shayla said, grinning still. "Long time no see. How are you?"

The droid bleeped something or other which, once her translator had been attached, came up as reading "I am fine. Just needed some power."

Shayla's grin only broadened more. She felt a bit guilty that the droid had been neglected lately, and was certain that the little droid was less than happy about this.

"So, what have you been up to? Any good data collections lately?"

The droid's reply: "New mapping of Sith city."

Shayla grinned even more broadly. Figures. Info smuggling droid always loves collecting more info...

"You keep at it," Shayla said instead. "Never know when we might need such a thing. But make sure you unplug after you have all your power. This Sith technology is different than our usual; I wouldn't want you to overload and malfunction."

Izzy bleeped something more. "I do not manulfunction."

Shayla smiled once more, patting the droid on the top of the head then turning to head back for the cell where she had left Loban Kenobi. Entering, she let the door close behind her then turned to Loban's still unmoving form.

Reaching out with the Force, she slipped into his mind and sent a rather clear message:

"YOU WILL WAKE UP AND EXPLAIN YOURSELF TO ME NOW!!!"

And, just to be absolute certain Loban Kenobi would do just that, Shayla sent out a tendril of healing to the young man, no longer willing to wait.

[ 10-06-2002 12:55 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-05-2002 10:00 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla literally exploded.

Recinis had scarcely closed the door and left when she threw herself upon it, throwing it open and racing out into the corridor. For a moment she just stood there watching the Dark Lord disappear around a corner; then, her eye taking a look which was positively tornadic, she took off running after him.

She burst into the Dining Hall even as he was seeing to his lady, reaching out with a gentle hand to stroke her hair from her face. Now slowing her pace, she stalked up to him, her hands knotted into stony fists at her sides, her eyes blazing. She came to a halt directly in front of him, completely unafraid, and stood there for a livid moment or two, unable to articulate.

"How dare you!!!" she finally burst out. "You! You who have taken me here, against my wishes; you try to blind me to my very father, you have the nerve to suggest that I-- I, ShaRhylla Roan!!! --must learn honor and respect?!? How dare you even suggest that, when you hold none within you!

"I have been brought here against my will... and now you say I have to earn the right to leave? Who are you to say thus; you are not my father, nor any one in power whom I would recognize!"

She paused for a moment, her diatribe choking in her throat, rising hot and sticky from her breast as she cast a hateful look upon the brilliance of the tattoo which lay upon Recinis's wrist. Her lips curled into an even uglier sneer.

"You stole that from my father, that which is my birthright! And honor you claim to have; bah! The honor of thieves!"

She took a step backwards now, somehow projecting an image of herself as being far greater than her years as she raised a finger to point first at Recinis, and then at her yet-sleeping mother.

"I need no silly and useless Sith trials, for I shall come into sovereignty of far more than a dead Empire. They shall not rise, we shall see to that! But I shall, it has been promised to me:

"I shall rise to power, and the first thing I shall do is make you watch her die... slowly!"

She paused once more, letting her imperious finger drop once again to her side, stabbing Recinis's emerald eyes with her own brilliantly turquoise pair. She held his gaze a moment longer simply by the sheer force of her anger; then she whirled about and stalked out of the Dining Hall.

Soon she was back in the pitifully home-like quarters provided to her; she snarled and spit upon them the moment she entered the door. Slamming it behind her, she crossed the room to the balcony and went out to look out upon the city of Phrinnchatka.

Her eyes narrowed then as, for the first time, she fought down her incandescent rage in order that she might be able to think.

This power of hers could only be used in defense. She was being held here against her wishes.

Somehow... somehow, the twain would meet... and she would find her way back to her Father.

Turning away from the dimly lit city, she once more entered her quarters. One glance around and she was sickened; she quite simply would not remain here. Her lip pursed in determination, she went to a corner wardrobe, dug around, and found an elegant black cloak lurking in its depths. That cloak suited her mood; flipping up the oversized hood, she stepped out once more into the corridor, letting her feet carry her hither and yon until she had left her vapid room far behind.

The gods of old were with her; suddenly she found herself in a grand and colonnaded foyer, which opened at length to reveal a courtyard beyond. Now a grim sort of smile crossed her lips as, tightening the cloak about her, keeping to shadows, always to shadows, stepping forth like a hunting Noghri, she left the Temple altogether and proceeded down the steps and into the city of Phrinnchatka. Once reaching the bottom of the steps she stayed true to her modus operandi, immediately turning away from the streets, beginning instead to follow a long and circuitous path which took her between buildings, revealed her as but a mere ghost cutting across yards.

She didn't have a clue where she was going. All she knew was that anywhere would suffice... as long as it was far away from that blasted temple and its insufferable inhabitants.

This time she didn't keep a watchful eye on the route she was taking. She had no intention whatsoever of ever coming back.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-05-2002 10:29 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sleep... sweet, sweet sleep...

Lo-Ban hadn't had a good rest, well, ever... or as long as he could remember... and he always had that damn forgettable dream... but, this time, it was different...

He was in a room, with Master Tyberius?!?

He seemed to be talking to him, he saw this from a third person view...

He came closer... he could now hear the words... "...ShaRhylla is to die, if you do not stay at her side... This will be implanted in your mind, along wi----"

The image was gone, now replaced by that of Shayla Petrolu...

"You couldn't have waited 2 more seconds?! I almost had it... nevermind..."

He then rose to his feet... and approached her,"Where are we... no matter... I must find ShaRhylla..."

He then sensed Shayla's feelings on the subject..."Do you not trust me??"

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-05-2002 10:39 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla knew her demand had been one fueled by a somewhat unreasonable anger for she could likewise feel that damned despair that had been planted in her seeking a voice.

You are angry that you were there when Loban took off with Rhylla, and that he didn't listen to your unvoiced warning for him to stop...

Shayla let the despair sing in the recesses of her mind for a moment, acknowledging its presence, then quietly returned to the matter at hand.

She folded her arms and cocked her head regarding LoBan suspiciously. "ShaRhylla is no longer your concern," Shayla said simply. "And as for trust, that's a matter of great question considering you were leaving the city of Prinn'chatka with her to take her to her Father, Ankrist Roan, former Dark Lord of the Sith. And to add to that, you were oh-so-conveniently taken from Prinn'chatka right on cue.

How do you explain this, Loban Kenobi?"

Shayla quieted, waiting.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-05-2002 10:56 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban was genuinely shocked...

All this because of attempting to leave the city... of which they merely suspected as his intention...

Can't a guy take a walk with a young lady these days... besides, if they could SENSE my intentions to leave the city... why couldn't they SENSE my plan!?

He turned from these thoughts, which were brought up with his complete surprise to the way Shayla now thought of him...

Finally, he spoke..."I take full responsibility for the actions I took... having said that... I believe ShaRhylla cannot be left alone... I must go to her, it is her only chance to survive..."

He then came closer to Shayla, and looked deeply into her eyes..."I will stay here, if you believe it is best... but, I do warn you... I am... needed... I do not believe I have time to explain..." Lo-Ban quieted, but did not back down... praying Shayla would see his intentions were indeed pure....

[ 10-05-2002 10:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05