my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » A Strangely Hollow Universe (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: A Strangely Hollow Universe
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-06-2002 10:53 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith whirled about, her eyes wet with tears of despair mingled with those of complete and utter rage. For a moment she couldn't manage to speak one word; she merely let those contrasting feelings flow like a torrential river directly into the heart and being of her husband, even while she turned her violet eyes to stare dully at Captain Danner.

Finally she got enough of a grip upon herself to whisper, "It is my daughter, ShaRhylla. She is gone.... and the shield has not been dropped.

"She is gone! It is as if her life force has been ripped away...."

She trembled then, struggling with herself, fighting the despair of a mother who has lost a child with an upsurge of pure vengeance promised toward whatever new evil had taken that child. For she knew deeply in her very heart of hearts that her daughter had not disappeared of her own will, no matter how she had spouted that fact to both her mother and the Dark Lord Recinis.

Something had happened to her within the very walls of Phrinnchatka....

She couldn't utter another word for the way her throat was tightening. Instead, she merely turned her eyes back into the concerned pair of Recinis, then whirled from his arms and fled the Dining Hall, rushing through the foyer until she at length came out at the apex of the Temple. She stopped there near the place where she had spent such blissful moments so recently, and cast her suddenly blazing eyes out over the too-quiet city sprawled out below.

"ShaRhylla!" she cried out into that night... only to receive no answer but the haunting echo of her own cry of anger and despair.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-06-2002 10:54 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SHAYLA, NO!!!

She lay motionless, in his arms...

He sensed a being of pure evil... He had done this to her...

RAGE.... uncontrollable rage took over, within the young man...

He quickly placed Shayla on the ground, and smacked through the door, on his way toward where he sensed the evil one...

And NOTHING would stop him... he would soon confront the being of pure evil.... if he HAD the nerve to come from his hiding...

IT IS THE ONLY WAY... he said over and over to himself... THE way....

[ 10-06-2002 11:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-06-2002 11:18 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
If Terrin's hair wasn't standing on end before, it most certainly was now.

People disappearing in Prinn'chatka, with no change in the shield?!

That meant that...

...that...

Something was within this very city...

Maybe it was that creature of Roan's, back from the dead...

Something akin to terror and anger and utter horror rose up in Terrin as a memories started whirling through his brain. Memories of a clawed thing, sitting on his chest, ripping the very flesh from his arm. Memories of it trying to attack Galen on Sullust.

Memories of that very same demon taking the newborn ShaRhylla, and memories of it attacking again aboard that very same ship, injuring loyal comrades...

It couldn't be, could it? Could the thing have come back to life? Was there another?

WHERE WERE GALEN AND JHINDARRA?

His icy-blue eyes pinned themselves on the form of Recinis, seeing something that no one else could see, fears coming back to haunt him from a past not-so forgotten.

There was terror in those icy blue depths. And yet there was something else too. His hand strayed for his the butt of his blaster, as though he really thought this would help him in the matter.

They would not be harmed. They had best not be harmed...

"My wife and daughter?" he asked simply, needing to not say another word, his question clear. Unconsciously he tensed even more, bracing himself should the answer be something other than he would like to hear...

[ 10-06-2002 11:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-06-2002 11:29 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The young girl lay unconscious before the barrage of evil which now racked her slight frame, all the while a deep level of her being remaining all-too aware of the rush of corruption now coming into her. Barely perceived imagery flowed nonstop into her, images not so much seen as they were felt, bringing with them the shivering glory of the unjustified executioner's axe, the wondrous epiphanies the torturer whispers to his victim, the even more painful seduction as an even deeper part of herself reached out to partake of that torture, to feel the sharp slice of that blade...

...until she was more than filled with everything that was loathesome and hideous and cruel and corrupt and sadistic... and found to her sheer delight that she simply gloried in it. That deep inner part of her found yet another door to open and flung it wide, that what she had received would rush therein, making room for yet more to follow.

And when at length that barrage finally ran dry, she cried tears of genuine pain.

Was that all there was?

It was then that consciousness returned to her body, a body still physically young and fresh, but one now holding a mind and soul magickally transformed into one far, far older. Slowly her eyes opened and blinked, just once. Then in a smoothly graceful motion she sat up on that altar of darkness, shivering with perverse joy that she had indeed been sacrificed thereon, and that the sacrifice was well worth the knowledge she had gained.

Knowledge substantiated by the look she read when she turned and gazed into the eyes of her Redeemer.

For deep in their bloodied, turquoise depths she clearly read that, oh my dear young lady, that is most certainly not all there is....

She smiled a rancor's smile, and held her arms out to Entaris once again.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-06-2002 11:43 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
he merly looked at the girl for a moment... No, not girl. For only her body was yet a child, entaris well knew that bodies were little in this universe... She was older now, perhaps as old as his own eternal spirit...

he simply extended both hands and lifted her from the alter, staring into her eyes, searching out all there was within those depths... Finaly satisfied he smiled darkly to her.

"You are are ready..."

He then spun, walking confedently through the shadow's of the deminsion, smiling in satisfaction as the child strode confedently beside him. Beside, and not behind... the very simplicity of the action showing that she was filled with that total love of self that would not be degraded... She was indeed filled with potential...

Suddenly he stopped, a welling of hatred rising within him, she had learned well, and now she would be rewarded...

his hand flew upward, slamming her with a force of energy born purly of evil, throwing her backwards into a wall that was not truly there... His mind arrowed into hers, focusing the pain of the slight injury so it might seem mind shattering, awaiting to see her reaction... Her training had begun.

[ 10-06-2002 11:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.143
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-06-2002 11:56 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban approached the area he had sensed the being of pure evil...

Nothing there...

He IS here... but, no where to be FOUND....

He then raised his voice, filled with anger and hate,"SHOW YOURSELF!!! evil IS cowardly..." He then waited, reading his hand to his saber...

[ 10-06-2002 11:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-06-2002 11:56 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis looked at the man in a helpless manor, wanting so much to tell him what he desired...yet not sure he possesed enough knowledge of either Darra or galan to find them... his eyes closed for a moment, questing outward, untill he found that powerful entity he knew as Darra, a human, born with the spirit of a sith... Easily she was found.

He quickly directed The man to where he might find his wife, and child, and then ran off to find his own wife, continualy lending her suport, wishing there was something he could do...

his own mind questing outward into the city, he found nothing... Where are you shaRhylla? Where have you gone?
His thoughts were truly sadaned at the possible lose of the child... while she had caused great frustration, he truly did love her...he truly wished there was something he could do...

He simpled put a hand on graysith shoulder suportivly "She is ok... She will be found. I-..." he simply stopped at that, he knew there was nothing he could say that would truly help... This was something that could not simply be acknowledged, and dealt with, this was something of the heart, all he could do was offer himself to his love... And to share her pain as much as he could, For truly, her pain was his pain... a terrible event this was...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.143
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-07-2002 12:00 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
At first a purely instinctive and quite reactionary rage exploded through ShaRhylla's very core, hot and panting and howling for vengeance for this perceived treachery. But she was not Roan's daughter for naught, she had not opened herself to evil purely for self-preservation. Immediately following that reactive burst there followed a more controlled and proactive assessement of the pain now filling her being, pain she recognized as being amplified in magnitude until she thought she would die for the joy of it.

Instead of dying, instead of exploding, she reached out a part of herself to take up that pain and caress it, to inspect the perceived treachery with a lover's eye, and to hold both closely against her blackened heart as though to cherish them forever. For indeed from such pain could she continue to grow; even she could realize that any other reaction would only result in mindless fear and a shrivelling of her very soul.

Drawing in a deep breath, she sighed long and sensuously.

"Share this with me, my Teacher...."

And then reaching out with the All that was born within her, she slammed him into a sudden rock promontory, cracking his skull against the sharpened precipice, causing the blood to flow, laughing that she could enable him to feel the same strength that was flowing through her even as she offered yet another part of herself to him through this sadistic act.

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-07-2002 12:17 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Entaris lay silently, allowing the pain to course through him, he delighted at the reaction he had achieved. she was indeed a wonderful learner, perfect in every way...

He stood slowly, pulling on that injury with his mind, so it might become less of an injury, and more of simple power, power which coursed through his vians like an unending infurno, to carres his very essence untill it had pushed him to the edge of maddened glee.

Extending a hand to her in a simplistic manor she was lifted from the ground with that power, and placed on her feet lightly.

His thoughts then hammered into her with deadly strength, the dark emotions forming together to form words from simple, and pleasurable pain, anger, hatred, and all other emotions which each knew so well.

perfect my dear ShaRhylla... Perfect... You are indeed ready for the universe... no stronger have i seen... Not even your fathers dark will can match mine... and you have so easily attained equality with the darkness i know... But i tell you, this is but the begining, true pleasure is to be found in the torment of innocents...

he then brought forth images he had cept deeply within, that time within the ship when he had placed despiar within Shayla... he now shared that with her... He felt her mind ravonusly feed upon that memory... The torment Shayla had been through simply wrapped about them both in the darkness, entaris smiled sadisticly as he watched her delight in the images, he saw that she wanted badly to have experience such things first hand... his head tilted back to release that ever prepared dark cackle, which echoed through the darkness of this deminsion, it was filled with hate, and ready to bestoy fear to all that heard, no, Felt it...

[ 10-07-2002 12:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.143
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-07-2002 12:22 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The great and evil one is afraid? I shall wait then... until he has enough time to accumulate the courage it takes to face me... he shall be dealt with, and Shayla SHALL be herself again...

He then took a seat, crossed his legs and closed his eyes... waiting... every sense on one thought... Be Ready...

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-07-2002 12:39 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now ShaRhylla reached out eager hands to grasp the robes of her Teacher and mentor, knotting the fabric in her hands as she pulled him with all her strength, drawing him closer and closer to her body, closing her eyes in concentration now as she used that incredible ability born to her to not only open herself up to receive all the evil sensations he was sending her, but to actually turn the tables and force herself into his very being so as to grasp yet more of his beautiful, glorious darkness and bring it into herself.

It was then that something not quite understandable came to life... and that inherent ability of hers actually grew stronger in response to this being's closeness. It reared up like a runaway ronto, howling and slavering, then arrowed directly into the chambers of his mind, ripping and tearing along the way, seeking and finding every last bit of darkness his body had ever encountered or performed or even merely thought...

...and came to a glimmering secretly revered: the image of the once Darth Wicked, tossing her very mother aside as if she were less than the dirt beneath his feet, that image accompanied by a great rush of pure hurt flowing from the woman and into his blackened heart that was almost too wonderful to be borne.

She shivered with the beauty of it all... and now opening her eyes to suddenly find his so very close to hers, discovering her hands were gripping his arms through the silken fabric of his robes...

...she just sunk her claws into his flesh, that the wonder of the moment would never cease.

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-07-2002 12:50 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban's waiting drowned his anger...

And, cleared his mind...

Shayla... I must be with her... this might be my last chance... last chance to tell her how I feel...

This saddened Lo-Ban, as he got to his feet, and rushed back toward where he had left Shayla...

[ 10-07-2002 12:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-07-2002 12:57 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin whirled from the meeting area, his footsteps becoming faster and faster, his worry leading the way in the matter towards the area where Recinis had directed him. He gathered his wits about himself before he entered the area, not wanting to startle Galen, but wanting so very much to know for certain that she and Darra were safe. Then gathering something else entirely about himself, Terrin entered the suites.

Galen looked up in startlement from the couch upon which she sat with little JhinDarra in her arms, clearly surprised to see him there. He waited a moment to collect his thoughts then sat across from her, keeping a gentlemanly enough distance so as not to press. He did reach a hand out to her however, his blue eyes locking on her big and beautiful browns in concern. “ShaRhylla has disappeared completely from this city,” he started, then hurried on with: “The chronotic shield remains, and Graysith does not believe she could leave here by her own will, even with her powers.

“No one knows exactly what is going on,” he continued, yet more images of that razor-tailed demon playing across his mind’s eye despite the logical portion of his brain that was pointing out that he just didn’t know that yet. “I know you probably wanted some space, but your safety is the most important thing to me at the moment. Your sister and Lord Recinis are looking into what has happened, but until we know what’s going on we really need to try and stick close together.”

His blue eyes affixed themselves onto her browns, pleading for understanding and something else entirely. “You were counting on me when you left Prinn’chatka before and I let you down. But I’m begging you love to stay with me this time...

...and please trust me.”

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-07-2002 01:06 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was as though something black and oily had seeped from one corner of Shayla's brain, slowly spreading outward and outward until at length it had total control. She wanted it to stop so very, very much; the utter despair however gripped her very sould with death's own hold.

On the logical level, she knew that this reaction was completely out of porportion to the situation; that He had allowed this to happen to her for exactly this reason. And while the despair usually only lasted for a time...

...something seemed to be out there, cuing it to continue, to not abate. It was as though some hideous monster was reveling in the pain she was experiencing, not ready to let her go to simply rest and gain normalcy again.

At length, consciousness began to return and Shayla sat bolt upright in the middle of the floor, her mind not her own, still controlled by it-- whatever it was. She wasn't even aware of her surroundings really, wasn't aware that she was alone and that her "prisoner" had somehow managed to escape. She threw her head back, her hair suddenly wild about her face, falling into her eyes. With a wracking sob only momentarily hindering her cry, she howled to the top of her lungs, despair filling her voice and ringing off the very walls of the Temple.

"He!" she sobbed, her voice throbbing, "He is here! It is the end; we will all fail--

--We will die!"

Still shuddering with completely uncontrollable sobs, she simply remained where she was, her mind now locking in upon the presence of something that was both within her and without her; something very, very real and likewise very, very terrifying.

For it, He was in Prinn'chatka...

[ 10-07-2002 01:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-07-2002 02:09 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban rushed in to find Shayla awake...

He knelt down beside her...

"He is nothing, Shayla... he wouldn't even show himself, he is cowardly, you are stronger than him... he did this to your mind, rather than taking you, and continuing his work... he is a coward..."

Lo-Ban then came closer, hugging Shayla, and whispered in her ear...

"no matter what happens, I want you to know how I feel... this love for you may not be genuinely as more than friends, but, I cannot allow you to be taken away..."

His hug drew her closer... a couple of tears coming from young Lo-Ban's face...

He hadn't even cried when he learned of his father's death...

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-07-2002 02:50 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He simply looked at her for a moment, allowing the warm feeling of blood being drawn, to fill his essence, letting the dull pain carress his spirit.

She is like a rose... Beautiful in every way... Yet carries sharp thorns ready to cause pain...

His smile grew yet more dark at the thought, as he reached up to remove her hands from his arms, looking at the blood on one of her fingers for a moment, before forcing her hand to smear the blood upon her soft lips.

Then taking her own claw, he pierced her wrist sharply, a ripply of wonderful pain flowing clearly through her...

he then licked the blood from her finger, and brought her wound to his lips, so he might feast upon her glorieus "life-force"...a "life-force" that was filled with utter death... The warm blood filled his tastes with a strange comfort, sadating a strange hunger which fed upon all the evil in the universe...

With a slight mental tug, he released himself from the allure of that dark sensation her blood presented to him, liking his lips of the last drop, before returnign himself to his previous frame of mind.

"Now, my blackened rose, You will find your first subjects...If a queen you will be, you will need servents..."

With a simplistic thought waftgn through his mind, instantly a group of shadowly beasts appeared before him, beasts he had long exploted, long ruled...

Looking about them he spoke comandingly. "Long have you been slaves to me, your lives worthless in all aspects... Now you pittifial creatures, you have a queen to accompany my rule over you... Serve her, for her dark powers can bring you pain the likes of which you have never imagined... SHe is ShaRhylla... The blackened rose... Queen of the universe..."

He then returned his gaze to her in silent offering. "now my blackened rose... You have your first subjects... They will serve you well..."

his thoughts then hammered into her mind with deadly precission. They will serve you, as you will serve me... And with this all, i will assure you have everything in this universe you desire... With all that you have gained, now tell me, Do you still wish to return to your father? or will you stay by my side, and unleash upon that city the darkness within your heart. Know now, your father no longer has rule over you, you far surpass him in all aspects, save perhaps skill in that mystical power so imbeded within you, but with every passing second, that power will grow with the darkness i have given you. WHen you next see your father, he will bow before you in complete submission, together we will cause this universe all the emotions that you now crave... What say you?

He then allowed yet another onrush of pure, and utter hatred rise about them, tempting providing more and more temptation for her blackened heart...

[ 10-07-2002 02:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.50
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-07-2002 04:23 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea felt much better now that she was clean and properly feed. She had found a simple dress buried in the back of on of the closets, which she put on, happy to be out of her destroyed jumpsuit. The dress was a of a soft purple, it's loose cut entirely too big for her, but she had fashioned a belt out of some yellow ribbon which held it up well enough so that she didn't trip if she walked carefully. She had brushed her hair out for what seemed like forever before braiding it and securing it with more ribbon. SHe wasn't able to find any shoes that would even remotely fit her so she contented herself with barefeet and returned to sit beside Master Petrolu. She sat quietly so as not to disturb him and ran herself through the meditation exercises she had been taught. She wanted to show him what a dedicated student she was right from the beginning.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 10-07-2002 04:27 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As if a bolt of continual lightning was suddenly coursing through his body, Erik Kartan was suddenly very aware of a horrible terror, anguish, and agony streaming from Shayla through that link he had with her.

He stood to his feet quite suddenly, drawing the attention of Shawn Petrolu.

"Something's wrong with Shayla..." Erik started. "I've gotta go to her. I've gotta go to her now!"

Erik bolted at that, and was only stopped by Shawn Petrolu, who quickly stood, his hand raised. "She's in the Temple. She will be taken care of. Something seems amiss, and I really don't think now is a good time to venture out."

Erik's look turned dark. "You're damn right something is 'amiss'! I'm going. You can sit here, like you always do, if you like. But I'm not sitting by while she hurts, no way in Hell."

At that he pushed past Shawn, hitting the streets of Prinn'chatka in a dead run.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-07-2002 05:53 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I just gaped at Terrin, wondering how in Hell's Seven Circles he had managed to find me here amidst the myriad rooms this rather huge Temple of the Sith held, and wondering to boot just what all it was he was going on about even as a portion of what he had just blurted out began to sink into my brain. My eyes darkened at the mere mention of that hell-spawned kid of my sister's.

Good! I couldn't help but think as I held JhinDarra even more closely to me. Good riddance to bad rubbish...!

That line of thought sent me whirling back in less than a nanosecond to that hideous moment on Kamino, when that supercilious little child had so nonchalantly nearly sent Sorben to his death. All right, so maybe she might not have done that had he not fired first..., but worrts to rontos had it she would have probably attacked us outright sooner or later, and maybe with more than just one of us being injured.

And he had taken that hit because of you, hadn't he Galen? that little whisper poked abruptly into the fray. If you hadn't gone out to find him, he wouldn't be laying unconscious -- oh thank Khaandon merely that, now! -- would he?

My grip on Darra tightened, and I buried my lips against the soft hair on her head, now trying to wrench my thoughts away from that self-defeating direction, and focus on the rest of what Terrin was saying.

He failed me when I left to go out after my sister and little Darra? How?

I shook my head unbeknownst to myself, as I rolled his words over in my head. He just didn't get it.

This distancing myself from him wasn't because of him; in fact, he really had no real say in the matter at all. It was solely because of me that I was now sitting alone with my daughter, wondering just what I was going to do with the rest of my life...

...if Khaandon should decree I was allowed to have one at all, that is.

I sighed, filled with a conflict of his misperception -- was that fueled by just a touch of self-centeredness? I know he had a tendency to do that, he had acted like this to me before -- and the possibility of the very real danger now existing in our sancuary. If something indeed had the ability to snag a child as powerful as my sister's while she was held within the protection of a chronotic shield, then what in all the Fates would the rest of us mere mortals do?

What indeed? What was she planning? What about that Sorcerer, and the new Warrior guy--? Hey, for that matter, what about the intrepid Jedi in our midst?

An entirely inappropriate grin struggled for recognition at that last thought; with great effort, I managed to keep it from my face and finally gathered all my thoughts enough so that I could make a reasonably coherent reply to my husband.

Your husband, Galen. Don't forget that little item; you did marry the guy...!

I didn't quite know where to start.

"It's not about trust, Terrin," I finally managed, a bit awkwardly. "There is no reason at all for you to think I have lost my trust in you... for I have not. It's always remained, and I will always trust you.

"Well-- then again, perhaps it is," I suddenly amended, as the thought truly hit home. "But more along the lines of whether or not you should trust me."

I let another sigh heave from me, and quietly stood up.

What the hell, he deserved a straight answer. In for a credit....

"I might just as well be honest with you, Terrin. The fact remains that, although I do love you dearly... I still love Sorben as much as I ever did. I-- I just don't know how I'm going to deal with this, I-- I know this isn't fair to you, but...."

I stumbled to a halt then, agonizing over the look I was beginning to see in my husband's eyes. Gulping, I just shook my head a little even though the action was in complete opposition to my following words.

"I understand the need for us to all stick together, Terrin," I said quietly. "And I'll admit that it is scary to think that a child with the All was taken; does that mean Darra is at risk, too?

"Maybe we all ought to hunker together in the same room, is that what you're telling me? If so, I agree one hundred percent, my need for personal space at the moment be damned."

I then fell silent, and waited for him to make a move to go, or any kind of answer to what I had just tried to tell him.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-07-2002 06:11 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla looked from the horde of misshapen beasts and imps the Dark One had brought before her, her soul swirling with a great love that bordered upon madness that he had chosen her... her! to be the recipient of these gifts... looked from that roiling and mewling mass back into the depthless pools that were Entaris's eyes.

Therein she saw the things that make men scream... and that rise to howl and laugh with the ending of all that is, for therein she saw what would persevere until beyond the end of time....

Her hands darted out and clutched his face, the claws sinking and raking into the strong planes of the handsome face that once belonged to a sentient known as Darth Wicked.

"I will never leave you!" she breathed, her soul swelling, her essence rising up within her like the very fires of the Phoenix, which spit forth that fantastic creature only that it would set upon the long road seeking death once again.

"I choose you...."

Then, driven utterly mad by the scent of blood still hot and heavy on the air, still tasting on her lips that tiny drop with which he had seemed to tease her with, she pulled his face down to hers, and with a quick arching forward of her neck struck like an adder, sinking her fangs deeply into his throat that she might partake more fully of the life's force within him....

...as well as the even more powerful one which emanates from the shadows of death, shadows which were ever present in his eyes.

[ 10-07-2002 06:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-07-2002 08:01 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He allowed her to remain thus for a moment, letting his blood be taken in by her hungry mouth... Finaly he broke her away, and allowed the dark energies of this place to swirl around him, and close the wound with but a slight sting of pain, holding her but an inch from his now healed neck, now allowing her to lick clean the closed wound, that was yet covered in dark blood...

How he forced her to look into his eyes, searching through her soul, assuring himself her words were true... For no chances would be taken.

Finaly satisfied he released a dark laugh into the atmosphere.

Looking at the simple black robes which she now wore he shook his head dully.

"Your atire does not befit a queen... Now my Blackened Rose... Your petals shall be tended to!"

With his words a swirl of dark energy wrapped about her form, tearing the robes from her body with a vengful manor, as if they had performed some great sin.

He then raised a hand, willing the darkness to form clothing that would show all that she was truly a magnificent being of darkness, and no simple child...

it started at her neck, placing about the delicut skin a small golden chain, which provided just enough slack for her to breath, and was topped with a turquoize stone which further augmented the turquoize of her eyes.

About her right wrist formed a silver band, inscribed with markings of the ancient dark beings that resided in this deminsion.

Within each ear was placed a glassy stone, which looked as though filled with blood, hanging marvalusly from silver links.

about her head was placed a soft crown-like chain, from which hung a voilite stone, to contrast the turqoize one which hung from her neck.

Then about her swirled clouds of complete darkness, becoming a gown of sorts, carressing her skin with its perfect softness.

About her torso, it fit like a glove, augmenting her every feature, and in no way modest, showing her back, and most of her stomach, then falling downward about her legs like a dark, and oily waterfall.
The gown had slit sleeves that extended in a single thred upon reaching her wrists, and wrapped dully about the middle finger on her left hand.

He inspected her for a moment before he nodded his head in satisfaction. "now my dear Blackened Rose, Your rebirth is complete..."

He paused then, considering something, his lips tugging into the most sadistic smile one might ever see on a face so decievingly sincer. "Or rather... Almost complete...there is yet one innocense within you, which has yet to be purged..." his head tilted back to release a dark cackel once more, as he quietly, and quickly ushered her off into the darkness...

[ 10-07-2002 08:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.73
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-08-2002 12:22 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A thousand and one thoughts sped through Terrin’s brain at lightning speed, each demanding to make their point, none of them really succeeding in the matter save for a scant few.

And he thought he’d hurt when he and Shayla had finally split. Nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to what he was feeling right now.

Excepting the time that he thought Galen was going to die...

He didn’t let a lick of this show however, save for maybe a hint that could be read in the very depths of his eyes. Otherwise the look in them was nearly inscrutable.

Just because he was hurting didn’t mean he wanted her to hurt...

“I trust you Galen,” he said quietly. “The fact that you’ve had the nerve to tell me any of this proves to me just why I can trust you.”

He halted at that, struggling with the thoughts he was still having, still not allowing any of it to read on his features. He stood, turning so as not to face her any longer. He just couldn’t look at her with the next words that were seeking rise from his throat and from his heart. “It’s him that I don’t trust. And while I’m well aware he was injured for your sake, and that you...love him...” Terrin tripped over the word, then pressed on, “...he’s hurt you before; he was taking you to Roan to be his breeder and nearly brought you to your death by delivering you to Actar...”

He closed his eyes for a moment, covering the emotion that was seeking rise with the words he was speaking. “If it’s him that will make you the happiest, then go to him,” he continued, his heart aching, “But I don’t understand how he can hurt someone he loves like that. And if he ever, ever hurts you like that again...”

Terrin tried his damnedest to stop that particular line of thought from the direction it was traveling as images of a limp Galen played through his mind’s eye; images of her completely unaware of her little daughter laying nestled into her chest.

“But I want you to know that I always love you Galen, and I’ll always be here waiting for you no matter what you decide regarding this matter. And I will die for you before anyone ever, ever hurts you ever again. Gods know you’ve been through far too much already to be hurt any more. I am very concerned about your and Darra’s safety with this new unknown lurking within the city, and quite honestly I’ve been worried ever since Graysith’s child was brought here.

“Her disappearance is the work of Roan, I’m simply sure of it, whether he’s got another one of those hell-spawned demons of his that can grab children from the arms of their caretakers or what. Just make sure you stick close by in case, gods forbid, something should happen. In the meantime, I’m going to go find out what the Sith intend to do about this. And if they don’t intend to do something soon, before someone else just up and disappears...

...well then, I guess it will be time for me to take matters into my own hands.”

At that he turned to go, the pain in his heart crying for him to simply get away, the worry there demanding for him to do whatever it took to protect Galen and Darra, any possible risk to himself be damned.

[ 10-08-2002 12:24 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-08-2002 11:36 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The world surrounding her was a dull blur. Something, something...

someone was trying to reach her...

But it was too difficult...too hard to reach out.

This, this was worse than death. For at least in death there is an end. In this despair there was nothing but neverending pain.

Neverending...

Would it ever end?

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 10-08-2002 11:47 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik didn't know how long he'd been running. All he could feel was the absolute agony of Shayla, and all he knew was that he wanted it to stop no matter what it took to stop it.

This has happened before, something whispered to him. And no one, no one had been able to reach her, not even him. No one.

Save for one.

Erik suddenly knew what to do; it was the only way to stop this horrible pain from afflicting his beloved. He hurried to that sense that was Graysith, only coming to a halt when he at length found her.

"Shayla is in pain," he said, panting to catch his breath. "Not physical pain...mental pain..."

He stopped a moment at that, reading the despair in Graysith's own eyes as she turned to regard him.

What was going on?

He pressed onward. He didn't have a clue what was going on. But he sure as Hell knew that his Love was in some sort of horrible trouble, yet even so she was here...

"I believe you are the only one who can help her, Graysith..."

[ 10-08-2002 11:48 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-08-2002 11:55 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Speak Shayla... you must hear me... try Shayla, I know it is easier to give up, but... you are stronger than this, stronger than him... to fall to evil, that is the easy way out... the cowardly way, I know you choose neither... use your strength, the strength you use to keep me away from getting close to you... use it to break free from this... I know you can... take my strength, as well..." Lo-Ban said, and realized she had more than enough strength to break free... but, just in case she couldn't do it alone, he held her hands in his... trying to take some of the feelings she had, so that she might have a clear mind to use...

[ 10-08-2002 11:59 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05