my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » A Strangely Hollow Universe (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: A Strangely Hollow Universe
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-09-2002 12:34 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well, I like the decoy approach... I'll just make myself unseen, then when the time is right... they shouldn't see it coming..." He then quieted at that, and waited...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-09-2002 12:46 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin crossed his arms, holding his blaster loosely in his right hand. He looked at Loban rather skeptically.

"Something or other grabbed a kid with All powers who managed to nearly knock a guy to his death, and you are telling me that you expect to actually surprise that something or other if it comes down this corridor by making yourself unseen?"

Terrin just shook his head, highly doubting that this would actually work. "Surprise is not my plan. I fully expect to be sensed. I think expecting anything else would be foolish, and quite honestly I'm not leaving here so long as something might be headed in this direction."

He paused at that, biting his lip as an idea suddenly crossed his mind. "It'd be better to be practical and use the resources we know we've got. We might not be able to surprise whatever might be headed this way...

...but you are a Force user. Shouldn't you at least be able to sense it? That would at least give us a heads up."

At that Terrin quieted, cocking a brow at Loban, waiting to see just how he might respond to this.

[ 10-09-2002 12:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-09-2002 01:01 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Of course I'll be able to sense it..." I think... "but, I still suggest the element of surprise... it doesn't even need to be successful, it far outweighs your original plan... I'll be hiding, I trust you to do your part, what you had planned on from the begining... I'll take care of the rest..." He quieted at that, awaiting his final words, before he hid...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-09-2002 01:05 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had to fight to keep from rolling his eyes.

This kid was sure cocky...

...but then if there were TWO of them hiding nearby that WOULD give one person the chance to possibly catch whatever-it-was off gaurd...

...maybe the cockiness could be filed under "asset" here.

"Allright, allright. You do your part, I'll do mine. I just hope you know exactly what you are doing."

At that he simply waited to see if Loban would say anything else before returning to his undeclared post.

[ 10-09-2002 01:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-09-2002 01:09 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He quickly left his feet, and jumped up into the darkness of the hall ceiling, of the sith temple...

There he would wait, for the time to come...

He had been taught in the ways of Jedi stealth, by his uncle, and by Jedi Master Trel...

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-09-2002 01:16 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla came to the top of the Temple and stopped. There she whirled around to cast a dark look out over the sparsely populated city, filling it with beings of all ages as she pondered which of the myriad moves she had in mind would be the most appropriate.

True the Sith were inherently magickal beings... all the sweeter that beings of inborn power would come to bow before her and her Master....

A slight frown came across her face as those last words slid through her mind.

Master....

There was something about the term which was acceptable to her -- oh, so soul-thrillingly acceptable! -- yet for some reason it didn't completely suit her on a deeper level. As Entaris had amended his own term for her when she had properly come of age in his dark embrace, so she now found herself desiring to amend the entitlement she held for him.

She tilted her head thoughtfully, sifting through her mind... through the information her father had stamped there by the technologies of the Kaminoans until something caught her inner eye.

It glittered, and the smile on her face darkened and deepened, allowing a fang to peep seductively from her mouth.

Her Dark Heart....

How fitting. How entirely too fitting.

Raising her head, she nodded to the nearly empty city, a nod filled with a promise that would outlive death itself. Then she turned gracefully about, and on silken feet entered into the Great K'eel Doban Temple of the Sith.

She moved like a dark ghost through the corridors leading her therein, coming out into the courtyard, whispering across that, coming to the entry proper and through them to pass into the foyer and through it. Beyond that she came to a particular set of ornately carved and bejeweled doors; her grin turned into a sneer as she paused a moment to compare the jewels in that door to those bestowed upon her by Entaris.

None could even come close to surpassing the simple beauty of those which now adorned her body, for they were placed there with such greater meaning, and by hands belonging to He who would be the greatest artisan of them all....

She waved her hand, once, and the doors flew open at her desire. Four sets of eyes flew there in something denoting at first surprise... and then a myriad tumbling emotions which literally filled the very air with their heady fragrance.

For while there was indeed a small presence of hope and relief... others far, far outshadowed those lighter ones. She had every intention of augmenting those darker feelings, so as to send her Dark Heart another appetizer before the main dish was served.

That ageless look returned to her eyes, leading her way now to the couch upon which Dark Lord Recinis was seated with his lady. The Chosen Daughter had awakened with a start as she sensed the arrival of her daughter; both had come to their feet when she entered the Dining Hall.

"Mother, I am back."

She uttered the words even as she came to a stop before them, and after raking them with her eyes finally turned her uncanny eyes into those of Recinis.

"Now tell me again, Dark Lord:

"Just where is it within these walls that I would be allowed to act supreme?"

[ 10-09-2002 01:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-09-2002 01:42 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin looked up at the ceiling upon which Loban was now hanging.

This kid was one SSD short of a fleet, that was for certain!

Terrin didn't even bother to not roll his eyes this time. He merely shook his head and took a step back to the place where he'd been lingering before Loban showed up, aiming his blaster once again and considering a new element of his "plan," as little of one as it was:

Said something-or-other came down the hall, and Loban jumped down on it--crazy as that was. In the midst of the struggle, depending on what that something was gonna be, it was logical to try and get to Galen and Darra and get them out of there, whether whatever-it-was eventually followed or not.

Which left the problem of an escape route. And there wasn't much in the way of THAT around. Just the doors to the suites, maybe a window somewhere--but that was sounding like a plan. Now, if he had a grappling hook...

Terrin pursed his lips, keeping an eye trained on his surroundings while still considering just how he might solve this problem.

Maybe Jasyn had a hook, that was his stock and trade. But did he dare leave the area just for the moment to see if Jasyn had anything of this nature?

"Hey, kid," Terrin said to the hanging Loban. "I have an idea. Would you happen to have a grappling hook on you?"

Then he waited to see what Loban might reply.

[ 10-09-2002 02:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-09-2002 02:44 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A spindle of rope, attached to a hook, was quickly at Terrin's feet... as if to say: I'm not here, don't talk to someone who isn't here!!

This guy, if it isn't his plan, he doesn't even give it a try... calm down Lo-Ban, focus on the task at hand...

He was then calm, cool, and ready for anything...

[ 10-09-2002 02:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-09-2002 03:01 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hell. Maybe this kid would be more helpful than he'd originally thought...

Terrin stooped and picked up the rope and hook, attaching it to his own belt then returning to his original stance, very alert and very ready.

If only he had a clue about what he was waiting for...

--------------------

~~Galen

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-09-2002 08:42 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis looked at her for a moment, his mind questing outward to search her soul... But that idea ended as he slammed against a wall of impenatrable darkness. His eyes narrowed upon her for a moment as realization struck.

"You hold no place here demon... Whatever you now are, you are no longer ShaRhylla..." his glar was indeed icy as he viewed this one... whatever she was indeed... Could a living being truly remove all the light from thier existance as she appeared to have done so? it seemed so utterly impossible... Roan surly had a hand in this.

As the thoughts of roan arrose he almost growled before more realization came through... Even roan could not present a darkness this complete, could his daughter overshadow him? did he yet know of this turn of events?

he shook his head, unsure of every thougth which crossed his mind. he then focused upon the demonic form of ShaRhylla once more. "You are pitiful... To fall to the dark so completly..." he then spat at her feet in utter disgust. "Even your father would not fall so low as to deny all bonds of good... Pitiful"

His words were a crude, but successful way of resisting the urge to simply slice the disgraced girl in half,He was sure she knew it... even more to his horror though, was the undeniable evedence that she was actauly finding delight in his thoughts...

What was he sensing? did she actauly wish to feel the pain of such a wound?

his eyes darknened as, with his thought, her lips curled into a dark smile, one which told him all to much...

His first reaction to that smile was to step back in horror, but he would not, he simmply stood tall, an unending fountain of resistance, and strength.

"I once more state child, You no longer have a place here, your time has passed, unless you would reconsider your dark way's of course..."

While his words carried hope of redemption, the way he spoke them clearly indicated he was no fool, and he would have been shocked had she actauly accepted the offer.

[ 10-09-2002 08:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-09-2002 11:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik closely behind her, Shayla hurried onward to the lounging area, sensing the Darkness and upsurge of emotions as she did so. Erik followed closely beside her, his hand straying to the lightsaber on his belt as if he were considering something. Shayla turned to frown at him a bit, then continued on. When at length they finally reached the lounging area they found Terrin's crewmen standing back a bit, looking suspicious. Meanwhile Lord Recinis and Graysith were standing, and in front of them was...

Shayla's heart practically stopped as she realized who this had to be. As well as how completely evil and dark she had become.

And something about that evil and darkness seemed so very, very familiar...

...and not just for the fact that she'd had a general piece of the Universe's fear, agony and despair planted inside of her.

This could be nothing but the work of Him. Shayla shuddered a bit unconsciously then firmed, grounding herself for whatever might occur next, not sure where this new twist in their neverending journey would take them all.

[ 10-09-2002 11:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
The Elresar

Broken Back Button

Member # 356

posted 10-09-2002 11:28 PM     Profile for The Elresar   Author's Homepage   Email The Elresar     Edit/Delete Post
Silent i sit, a stone wall i am perched upon, questign outward... Find this one once more i do... Again she returns... A darkness within her... such i can not have... My master did create me with purpose, purpose i know well... the wonderus good in the universe i am meant to uphold...only one who serves that will bear me... No other... Denied she now is... Forever.

There will be another... alreayd i sense... Another that may hold true... Could this one use my might? I must wait...perched against the stone, i return to my slumber.

--------------------

"My Edge cuts more then flesh, i rend the very fabric of space and time."

Posts: 12 | From: Legends | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.27
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-09-2002 11:33 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla ignored Recinis's words as if they were so much smoke drifting lazily upon the night air. For a moment the look in her eye deepened further; then she masked it completely, now turning to Graysith, holding out her arms to her, allowing herself to revert abruptly to a fifteen year old child once again.

Here eyes grew large and moist, her voice piteous.

"You would cast out your own flesh and blood, Mother?" she whispered, allowing a small sob to creep into her tone, taking the smallest of steps toward her still obviously shocked mother....

"I have come back... to you...."

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-09-2002 11:39 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis eyes widened suddenly, it was not quite the words that were spoken, it was the seeming geniune sincerity behind them... But could this be? was she yet capable of beign saved?

questing outward once more, he against ran face first into that wall of utter darkness, and he shook his head.

Turning to Jharmeen "Do not trust her jharmeen... She is incapable of love... she must be GONE from this place now"

Quietly he stepped closer to her, ready to protect her when the child showed her true colors... Hoping his dear wife would not be taken by the false possibilities presented to her now.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.27
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-09-2002 11:53 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Entaris watched it all through the eyes of his "beloved" dark rose... Watching as her petals stealthely hide those wonderful thorns. Thorns which would tear graysith to pieces...

As he watched quietly, and felt all that flowed through, images from memories that were not quite his own rose into being... seeing graysith had spurred them, he was sure... Something called out in his conciouness...

My "love"

His smile grew darker at this... letting a tendril eradicate whatever had arisen from the body of wicked, he would never be ruled by that beings concious again... yet this could prove interesting...

he laughed demonicly to himself, not wishing to end the ruse his dark rose was putting forth, but he could not resist, this was an opertunity to cause yet more pain...

The darkness swirled about him quietly, and suddenly he appeared slightly off to the side within that room, tugging his lips into a smile that was born of wicked, eyes gleaming in every manor wickeds once had... voice comming forth exactly as wickeds once had... tautningly he spoke to graysith "i return my dear graysith... Back from the dead."

meanwhile his thoughts arrowed outward into ShaRhylla's mind I could not allow you to enjoy this alone, my dark rose, i wish to have some fun... together... always together.
witht he thougth he had to ressist with all his will to release a dark laugh, but to do so was to give away his attempt at sincerity, and he wished to see if graysith was as weak as memories served... though perhaps his take on those memories were incorrect... He cared not.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.27
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-10-2002 12:07 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's eyes grew even larger, darker, as she let something akin to fear creep into their turquoise depths. Wrapping her arms about herself, she cringed away as Entaris appeared at her side seemingly from thin air.

The gasp she uttered tore the air like a knife.

"Mother, who is this strange man? He frightens me," she whimpered, drawing away from Entaris, taking yet another tiny step toward Graysith, who was standing beside Lord Recinis absolutely silent.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-10-2002 12:15 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was beginning to recongize the slightest bits of something. And that something had suddenly and very unexpectantly landed right in front of her as if to mock her.

It was almost like what she had experienced on the Vong ship, when that hideous thing had appeared...

And he had planted all the despair of the Universe into a tight little ball inside of her mind, only to unfold in response to her temper, so that she would never forget his power.

And she certainly hadn't.

"Do not be fooled, my Sister," Shayla said, her eyes growing a bit dark. "There is something very dark about all this...and something that is strangely familiar to me..." Shayla ended with, trailing.

Memories of that being that had tortured her so again began to reply in her mind's eye. And at that a rise of sudden, righteous anger began to rise...

...and something else rose in tandem, seeping out once more to join with the likeness it had found standing before Shayla.

It was happening again...

[ 10-11-2002 01:16 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-10-2002 12:20 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He turned his gaze slowly to ShaRhylla for a moment, then to shayla, truely considering her, he then turned those brillent eyes upon graysith once more "you have gained a daughter, my love" he said the word truly sincerly. he then spoke again to answers shayla's words "and as for her... I know not of what she speaks," his lips tugged up further into wickeds trademark grin "Has that much changed in the time i have been gone?"

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.27
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-10-2002 12:24 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stood beside her husband, utterly and completely shocked into immobility.

Her daughter had come home... oh dear Fates, she had come home, she could be helped, she simply knew it to be true. Hadn't her father had that speck of light within him? Indeed she had touched it's very existence during their brief time together, and in that touching had verified its existence.

And Darth Wicked as well. Dark though he had been, he had indeed loved her, "...as much as his dark heart could;" hadn't that been what the Krayt Prophet had told her? Thus it was so, that even his darkness....

His darkness which suddenly swirled into being amidst a great outflowing of memories which now rushed out to nearly knock her to her knees. Staggered, she swayed, her mind bombarded by images of days long past:

...of the time she had strode up to him in the Temple at Khar Delba, so strong and self-assured, not knowing until she faced him for the first time exactly why it was she had been drawn to that particular place in the universe... of the times he had placed his hands against her face, entering her mind with his own, allowing her to roam freely within his, and in the mingling emplacing himself as a bright little kernel as the very center point of her existence... a time, all too brief, only once, and thus cherished for years, in which they had shared more than mere thoughts and feelings amidst the dimming of candles which surrounded them... of a time when she thought he loved her no more, casting her aside, thus spurring her to go forth to prove that distrust was misplaced, to prove that her loyalty to him would last beyond eternity....

All this rushed through her at hurricane force, each new image rising fresh and hot, stabbing deeply into her heart.

She opened her mouth. Nothing came out.

The Glyph was fairly screaming on her forehead.

Her claws sank deeply into the flesh of her husband's arm as with every ounce of willpower she possessed she prevented herself from running forth on the spot, seeking the embrace of either of the pair now standing before her.

And which arms of the two she sought the most fervantly was something she didn't even understand herself.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-10-2002 12:36 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla cast a look Entaris's way, then brought her gaze back into her mother's eyes.

"Mother," she whispered, "does this man mean you harm? What is he speaking of? He frightens you as much as he frightens me; this I can sense, for am I not your daughter, flesh of your flesh?"

She paused, giving her words time to sink into Graysith's numbed senses... if they indeed had been comprehended at all. Then she took yet another step closer to her mother, now holding her arms out, the look on her face the epitome of sincerity.

"Let me help you however I can, Mother...."

--------------------

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 10-10-2002 12:46 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik felt the despair rising in Shayla, and saw very clearly that she was beginning to tremble as the weight of some unforseen despair dropped on her shoulders. She sagged visably, clearly fighting with what she was being slammed with, also clearly unable to defeat it at this point. He came from behind her and wrapped arms about her to support her. He knew very well what Shayla at least thought she was recognizing and was aware that the words she spoke had been heard by not a soul in the room save for this stranger and him.

"I'm here, Shayla,"[/i] he whispered into her ear. "And I know."

At that he reached out through that mental link through the force which they shared, lending her support and most of all himself, knowing this might be the only shot to help her with the way things seemed to be progressing.

I'm here...

[ 10-11-2002 01:18 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-10-2002 01:01 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The room was alive with roiling and churning emotions... and not a one of them light. Fear and despair, trepidation and anger, and a growing rage slicing to cut through them all... each and every one arrowed directly into ShaRhylla's essence where through the awesome and unending power and strength provided her by her Dark Heart they provided her with sustenence and boosted her own growing strengths. Channeled with her desire and his assistance, she turned them around a full one hundred eighty degrees, inverting them into their lighter counterparts.

Her eyes grew even more huge as the closest thing she could approximate to love now filled them. Now she allowed those eyes to fill with tears as, trembling visibly, she bit her bottom lip with her fangs.

"Please," she said, sobbing.

"I will call you Father."

Now turning slightly from Graysith, she pinned a moist-eyed look directly upon Recinis, holding her arms out to him in silent entreaty.

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-10-2002 01:14 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban moved a bit...

Clearly sensing Shayla's struggles... He can sense great emotions, but... with Shayla, it's different, he could always sense her...

Way back on the Sith ship, bound for the valley of the dark lords, he had played on her thoughts...

Should he go to her, or stay back to protect Galen... he wasn't sure if trouble was even on its way...

Terrin is trusting you, and Galen... how can you let her down, after she helped you realize what you must do... give Shayla time to find her heart, her one true love she will choose...

He then focused again, with his senses on high alert...

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-10-2002 10:09 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yet again, the Universe was becoming nothing but a cloud of agonizing despair, defocusing into something completely unbearable and completely undefeatable. He was so very powerful; she was so very powerful; how could they defeat this indeed?

They would fail! They would ALL FAIL!

Shayla's knees were beginning to go weak; unbeknownst to her at that moment someone was again there to support her; to hold her up.

And what was that? Someone was in her mind, someone was trying to reach her, trying to show they cared...

...but was there truly only ONE?

This was too much to bear, too much to comprehend at the moment. No one cared that she was slipping; no one, no one. And what did it matter? They would all fail...

That logical portion of Shayla's mind was again trying to wave a banner, give a clue.

You CAN defeat this. You HAVE defeated this before...

...and not only is there one there lending their assistance...

...there seems to be two, somewhere. But how can you bear this? How can you choose?

Too soon...too soon...

[ 10-10-2002 10:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-10-2002 06:15 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis watched it all silently, noting upwelling shock rising in his dear Jharmeen. He simply allowed her to hold on to him, providing her with all the strength he could muster...

It was then that ShaRhylla spoke... His eyes went wide in shock... Not truly at her words, for he had never wished to replace her father, only to let her know the truth... But her eyes.

Those eyes were filled with such promise, as if to say "I can love... I will love... I do love, i only need a chance"

a chance... that was all she needed... He could relate to that, could he not? had he not once been seemingly heartless? was it correct to now denie this child a feeling she so sincerly desired?
But did she truly desire that feeling?

He looked deeper into her eyes, it was not quite true caring, not quite love... But it was so close, tempting, she wanted to know how to truly give love... he was sure of it.

NO!

A slight bit of logic screamed at him.
She's tryign to trick you! SHE CAN NOT LOVE!
But that look, logic quietly fled from his mind, as slowly, ever so slowly he allowed his guards to fail him.

"I-if you truly wish to be here, ShaRhylla... Your are accepted by me..."
you fool! do you not realize she has no heart? REMEMBER HER FIRST WORDS TO YOU!
That bit of logic continued to scream, but he no longer heard it... Quietly he shut that door of his concoius... He simple stood there, no longer sure, though deep down, the warrior was alive, recinis might but his guard down, but that warrior spirit was ever ready, continuing to try and break through the door recinis had slammed on it, it failed utterly.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.68

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05