my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Catch as Catch Can (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Catch as Catch Can
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-26-2004 05:26 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A chill ran through Graysith's veins as a name which by all rights should be completely unknown to Rykounagin passed through his lips. Her fingers tightened reflexively on the channelling device and her skin paled as blood rushed into the core of her body.

Yet--

She finally drew in a shuddering breath and managed to compose herself a fraction as another thought came to her.

Who had it been who so adamantly adhered to the supposition that Aelvedaar was traitor to her? Who had been in the possession, however briefly, of Rykounagin?

Who seemed to have an uncanny talent for persuasion, being adept with praise and warm-fuzzies and promises of friendship?

Her eyes narrowed, then blazed. In one swift movement she released the Finger of R'lous, and using her talents sent it hovering in mid-air above them once more.

"Touch this not," she said tersely, then turned to the youth.

"You swore an oath of fealty to me, an oath of blood, which is something not to be taken lightly. This you claim was at the behest of another; thus to you the oath was false and non-binding."

She paused, thinking.

"By rights you should die for this traitorous action. But, unlike yourself, I take such an oath seriously. It has meaning to me.

"Thus you shall not die, but believe me you shall wish you had...."

She suffixed those words by raising one hand. With a graceful wave and a dark smile, she used every bit of All-strength available to her, opening up a tiny corner into that chilling abyss known only as the Elseness.

A single, lithe twist of her wrist, and Rykounagin was propelled roughly into it.

The opening closed as nonchalantly as her next words, leaving an empty space where he had been standing.

"I shall go to Khar Delba, to meet with my dear Sire. Then I shall indeed know what is true and what is false, as well as the intentions of those who claim so much by mere words alone."

Giving her head a brisk nod she moved away from the fireplace and went to a sideboard to partake of some food. M'wonBo'o, ever faithful, went with her.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.198
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-26-2004 05:46 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: The "Elseness" is different from the "Darker Realms." Please read in descriptions, thank you.))

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.198
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 05-26-2004 06:13 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir coughed, spitting up a bit of blood. He shuddered, then tried to rise, discretely wiping his bloodied hand upon the inside of his robes. He winced at the puncture wound in his hand and wrapped his fist inside of a hanging bit of robe.

He rose to his full height, wobbling slightly. He was still slightly pale, but struggled to maintain an air of power and dignity about him. He took several deliberate steps towards the Dark Lady, pausing when he was in range for her to hear his soft voice.

“I know you do not believe me, and are frustrated by my words. But if you intend to visit Lord Aelvedaar, then please allow me to go with you. If all is well, I shall simply meld into the background as a visiting Lord. But if my fears are true, then I wish to be there to defend you.”

He staggered a bit, then caught the edge of a table with his bloodied hand. The wound opened, and he winced again. He reached for a long cloth napkin with his other hand and bound the wound.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.28
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-26-2004 06:47 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith paused in her dainty nibbling of a particularly juicy haunch of some animal. Chewing slowly, she considered Phalomir's words, and only now that events had settled down a bit found that she not only had the time to look at him in a new light, but unexpectedly enough was doing just that.

Indeed, she knew him not, but he did seem to hold steadfastly to her... at least far more so than had that traitorous whelp Rykounagin.

"That," she said, allowing a bit of a smile creep into her words as she swallowed. "That is acceptable, although M'wonBo'o might have some issues with your intentions of defending me from harm.

"But that--" She went on, nodding to the wound Phalomir was trying to bind with a napkin.

"That is unsightly, and offends my eyes at the dining table."

With that she closed her eyes, reaching inward. The Glyph obediently responded, springing into life as she then reached forth with her talents, seeking platelet and collagen and binding agent and the white cells swarming to the inflamed puncture...

...and strengthened them all. A few moments more, and the wound was entirely healed.

"There, that is better," she said as a hovering attendant leapt forward to take up and then dispose of the soiled napkin. She watched him go, marvelling to herself of how far she seemed to have progressed with her usage of the All; then sniffed and turned back to Phalomir.

"I am not above being open for suggestion," she stated in apparent non sequiteur.

"What do you think we should do with that?"

So saying, she raised the haunch to her lips once more, nodding toward the hovering Finger, her eyes pinned directly into Phalomir's green ones.

[ 05-26-2004 06:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-26-2004 09:57 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Time and space seemed to stretch around. Damn that axis for sending me here, though she may retrieve me in due time so that I may suffer my fate. Yet, I seem to be floating in the void, no up, down, or side to side to be determined.

What if I'm dead? What if this is the eternity of death, mayhaps she has killed me, and thrown me into an unending limbo?

But I shall fear not, my master's plans shall not go awry, and even then at the point of sure sucess or destruction, I will survive. There is to much for me to learn of my past, and of my inevitable future for me to die.

Rykounagin thought this for a long time. Or did he? Did it merely happen in the flash of a heartbeat? Or did it take so long that before he could know it, he would be back before Graysith.

Such was the power, of the place known as, Elseness.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.208.193
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 05-26-2004 11:50 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Fascinated, Ragorian observed the silence and stillness of the Elseness through Rykounagin's eyes. What was this place? Was it another dimension, similar to the Darker Realms? Was this all it was, endless infinity and timeless space? If he ever helped Rykounagin make it out of his current predicament, he would certainly have to find time to study all of these different dimensions...but the puzzle at hand seemed more pressing.

Graysith's words troubled Ragorian. If she truly did go to speak with this Aelvedaar, he would almost certainly not confirm the story the Axis had given them. And if that happened, Rykounagin would almost certainly either die or be ripped from him entirely, thus again leaving him unfound and lost, for millenia untold. He must stop that from happening, in whatever way possible.

Rykounagin, he said to the young boy, his voice tinged with regret, I am most sorry for getting you in this situation. I must say, I did almost believe we would escape from here with the Axis. Now matters are worse, and it is only because of my mistakes that your life is in danger. I promise, I will do whatever I can to protect you, and allow you to escape. No matter the cost.

Keeping that link intact, Ragorian opened another, much smaller one that he had been desperate to keep secret before. One that he had kept with the spirit of the Axis.

So far, my friend, he said in a cool voice, your plan does seem to have kept Rykounagin and I from death. But we seem to be in a predicament at the moment. If Graysith pays a visit to this Lord Aelvedaar, I doubt that he will verify our story. It seems likely that Rykounagin shall be either killed or tortured if this occurs, something I do not wish to happen. It seems necessary for us to escape the plantet soon. If you still wish to keep us alive, could you perhaps tell us what this place is, or how Rykounagin may escape from it?

Falling silent along the link, Ragorian waited anxiously for the spirit's reply.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.10.58
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-27-2004 12:44 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Follow Rykounagin and his thoughts to Elseness in this forum)))

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.208.193
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 05-27-2004 04:41 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir studied his now-healed hand, and sent a gratified smile to the Dark Lady. The fatigue of being drained of his power crept back over him, and he cast a weary look towards the Finger of R’Lous.

“We need to know more of this thing. It is indeed a powerful tool, but there is something – ominous – within it. There must be a reason Lord Rean passed it to me. Perhaps the true power of this device is not yet realized.”

He turned his attention back to the Lady.

“I think perhaps until we discover more, this should be stored away. I do not deign to know the answers, but it seemed to have some sort of… hold upon you. I must retrieve the Eye of R’Lous, it may hold the answers.”

He bit on his upper lip as he considered his next words.

“The last I saw of the Eye was aboard your battleship, before you… before my spirit was sent to the Darker Realms. Do you recall taking the Eye from my body?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-03-2004 02:09 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith frowned, and for the first time made an effort to try to remember something of which she had no idea, rather than summarily dismiss it. But strain as hard as she might, all she recalled was...

Was....

Nothing other than the time she had spent in the Great Temple on Khar Delba, alone for the most part, then a moment of sheer ecstasy with him that was followed by more time alone as he went off to...

To do what? She really didn't know. All she knew that she had stood loyally at his side, and he--

And he had betrayed her. Lord Aelvedaar had rescued her, taken her to his Secret Place, his Sanctum Sanctorum, and there had spent months training her, hard months culminating in the Blood-Hunt ritual in which she became bonded with M'wonBo'o.

Everything faded to soft shadows after that.

Her frown deepened, and she turned her eyes up to Phalomir's.

How green they were, how soothing, like a warm and tropical sea...

She jerked again, and steadied herself.

"I remember nothing, but if you wish I can take us to my warship--"

Momentary pause for quick inner reflection, for where in all the universe had that ship come from? How had she come to be in it? Indeed, when had she learned to pilot such a ship; she did not recall her Dear Sire teaching her....

"--and there you may hunt for this Eye you desire, if you think it will help us at all."

Again she frowned, wondering why she felt they needed any help; indeed, what was it they would need help against?

And where did that insidious "we" come from?

Again she calmed herself, and took another bite of food.

[ 06-03-2004 02:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.198
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 06-03-2004 03:02 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir considered the offer. Perhaps returning to the warship would prove fruitful, if the Eye were indeed aboard then he maybe could use it to find the answers they so desperately needed. However, what if the strange dark presence was still aboard? He would be alert to danger this time, using his powers to the best of his ability to protect Jharmeen from possession.

“Yes,” he said. “Perhaps a brief visit to your ship would prove worthwhile. I am concerned, however. I realize you do not remember, but before you… Before I went unconscious I discovered a bomb of some sort hidden in the storage bay, and used my magick to contain the blast. It was then that you became as if you were… well, possessed. I am concerned that perhaps whatever it was that caused this behavior may still be aboard.”

His eyes narrowed a bit as another thought crossed his mind.

“Then there is the concern as to why Aelvedaar left you on the ship in the first place. And if the Eye were there, he surely would have discovered it himself. But still, it is worth a brief visit.”

A strange twinge rippled through Phalomir’s mind, sending a small surge of Sith magick outward and causing his eyes to flash red for a moment. He put his hand to his head and closed his eyes, trying to find the cause of this sensation. He reached inward, struggling to trace this flicker of power, and came away with only the odd feeling of something slightly unraveling.

He regained his composure and faced the Dark Lady.

“I shall be ready whenever you are, my lady.”

Terrin Danner? Are you here? What are you doing?

[ 06-03-2004 03:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-03-2004 04:04 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith merely nodded, and without preamble waved a hand in a manner that was almost nonchalant. The Glyph on her forehead obeyed instantly, ravening up the electromagnetic spectrum until it was too painful to look upon. As it approached its peak frequency, a tremor appeared in the very air before them, juddering and writhing and widening until at length it was a simple string no more but a jagged rent in the fabric of space and time itself.

It widened further, and through it the interior of a ship glimmered enticingly, mysterious sigils glowing while yet others flashed in harmony with each other.

Graysith rose to her feet and indicated the anomaly with the same hand that had created it.

"After you, Sir," she said smoothly as she rose up from her seat. "Unless, of course, in fear for my safety you think it best that I remain behind while you search for this object you have spoken of."

She fell quiet, but a slight smile flickered around her lips. That smile was a bit deceiving however, and did not come close to touching her eyes, which were filled with a combination of concern and curiosity as to Phalomir's strangely cryptic actions.

I shall never understand these people, truly, she couldn't help thinking, nor their magicks.

But that is irrelevant; the All shall protect me when and where it is needed, and from any and all adversaries.

This my Dear Sire has promised me.

Still smiling, she waited... but a small frown began vying with the smile on her face.

She just couldn't quite remember....

[ 06-03-2004 04:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.7
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 06-03-2004 08:11 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Should she remain here?

Phalomir let the thought roll through his mind, which still echoed of the magick that washed from him a moment before.

If the spirit -- or whatever it was – that darkened her mind is still there, then I am powerless against it. However, why would it be there? If Aelvedaar were involved in the bomb then he obviously has other plans for her now, after hiding her away in the ship with her memories wiped. That would concur with his suspected involvement with Roan in the Black River.

But, what if Aelvedaar was not involved with the bomb… However unlikely, then perhaps Aelvedaar would have eradicated the thing which controlled her and saved the Lady, possibly even being forced to wipe a portion of her memory…

But this is hard to believe… Unless Aelvedaar truly does care about her… This would complicate matters, considering the animosity he and I seem to have towards each other, but still…Perhaps there is a common ground we share after all.

Phalomir looked to the Dark Lady, the feelings he held for her transparent in his eyes.

“No, I would like it better if you were with me.” He smiled, then added “It would make me feel safer.”

[ 06-03-2004 08:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.31
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 06-04-2004 03:11 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Slowly, Terrin's soul felt relief after being taken from the mind of his former host. His spirit was "picking up," so to speak, when words from somewhere grabbed his attention.

Terrin Danner? Are you here? What are you doing?

Terrin frowned mentally. What the kriffing...??? Wasn't that the voice of that Phalomir guy? How was it that he was communicating as though he was seeking him out???

With effort, Terrin pushed the questions aside. After all, Phalomir was a Sith, one who had shown some serious power. Who knew what the guy could do...

I am here, recovering from the strain of being in that other guy's body, he finally responded to Phalomir. Then, And as for any means of helping Graysith uncover her missing past...

He paused, pondering, ...there should be others who could corroborate my story, as well as bring some possible tangible evidence and fill in further missing details...

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Captain Djorn

Member # 537

posted 06-07-2004 03:29 PM     Profile for Captain Djorn   Author's Homepage   Email Captain Djorn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the white streaks of stars slid past them and the cruiser re-entered hyperspace, Djorn looked out at the blockade.

It was a tight mesh of countless ships that nothing seemed to be able to get through. It had several 'capture' ships with tractor beams and the rest simply waited behind them.

He was still several kilometers out from them and their ship sat waiting at full readiness for the slightest move from the imperial ships.

"Plot a course out to some blank area of space with out any nearby suns or planets. I want to be able to get out into the middle of no where incase they try to capture us."

With that said he went back to his quarters to wait.

In the privicy of his quarters Djorn sat at his terminal and studied many of the ship designs. Yes, his personal fighter, when complete, would combine the best aspects of several previos designs. That would maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknesses. But some weaknesses were unrepairible. But he had managed to only have one of those fatal flaws. And he had managed to minimize its negative, harmful affects.

--------------------

Pilots have to have egos. It's the only thing that keeps them alive.

Posts: 35 | From: USA | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 204.144.239.14
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-07-2004 09:55 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Very well, then."

She hesitated no further but quickly stepped forward toward the rent that floated so eerily before them. It shimmered strangely, like rays of sunlight seen filtering through depths of cold ocean water, brightening and darkening, wavering and strengthening, and as she approached it widened to allow her entrance between moments in time.

Abruptly the enticing images of the interior of the warship segued into something dark and dank and oppressingly heavy.

Lifting her cloak daintily, she stepped through and onto the horrific plains of the Darker Realms. She shivered a bit, then turned and waited for Phalomir to follow.

[ 06-07-2004 10:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.224.187.77
Marshall Medan

Member # 536

posted 06-10-2004 02:40 AM     Profile for Marshall Medan   Author's Homepage   Email Marshall Medan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Medan twitched. At first his left eyelid started to flutter, then his mouth, quickly changing from a frown to a grin, and back again. His foot twitched violently as well with his hand. In a matter of mements his left side shifted rigorously, with it moving his MystLynx too.

Medan thrusted his hand into the overhead storage compartment and fumbled till he found a bottle. Seizing it with his only functioning hand he popped the cap off and down a handfull of pills, Medan couldn't tell. Instantly his body stopped shaking and he fell limp.

Worming around behind him, he flipped the switch in his IDA jammer, causing the blockade to loom ahead of him to recognize him as a friendly. Hoping it had worked, Medan fell into the clutches of sleep.

--------------------

`Curiouser and curiouser!'
Alice in Wonderland

Posts: 30 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.40.47.129
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 06-11-2004 05:35 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin, you have been brought into my mind, much the same way as Thoran and Panthar once shared my body. But beware, Thoran is also here, although he is imprisoned and -- hopefully -- securely locked away. I felt a strange twinge a moment ago, as if some energy trying to burst free. I do not believe it was Thoran, so if you are attempting something then please refrain. We are about to enter the Darker Realms on our way to my la— to the Dark Lady’s warship.

Phalomir stepped forward, following the one single person he held dear in his life, whose love had now twice been taken from him. He stepped through the portal and into the blackness of the Darker Realms, which though the legends of his childhood Phalomir had referred to as the Land Behind the Black River. No matter what it was called, it was a land of evil, of death, and of madness.

He immediately set himself in a defensive stance, ready to call forth his magick to defend the Dark Lady. But nothing stirred in this bizarre realm.

“Hurry, my lady,” he said quietly. “I do not trust this calm.”

--------------------

Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 06-11-2004 06:16 AM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
From his vantage point atop something that in the true universe would pass as an enscarpment, he watched them, his eyes glittering evilly in the strange non-light that somehow illumined this weird and horrific place. One great clawed hand curled into a fist of frustration; how badly he wanted to leap out and rip her living heart from her body, to then stuff with savage glee down to physically join with that of the muscular Sith who seemed to follow her about like some kind of drooling nek.

But there was strangeness there, something powerful and unknown to him, yet oddly enough somehow familiar to him. It was as if the knowledge of that which she apparently was bearing was niggling at the mere corners of his mind, as if his brother, Lord Aelvedaar, was playing his usual mind tricks upon him. There was something there which she held, which came at her command, something more than the All...

And something he dared not confront alone.

Not bereft of Sith magick as he was. Not without the demons of this realm.

It matters not, he snarled to himself as he watched the tall Sith go into a defensive crouch.

There are myriad beings in the universe that man terms real, all with at least one evil thought bandying about in his or her feeble mind. My demons will grow again, this I know to be true.

As true as the fact that she cannot go readily to those places she needs to go without coming here first.

I shall be ready.

We shall be ready, ey my brother?

The thought of a lingering death dealt deliciously to the flame-headed one, not to mention the pleasures he planned once she was dead, was all that kept him hiding and watching....

That and the assurance that their time, Her time, was fast running out.Oh there will be death, one shall die, this my brother has foreseen....

He chuckled, watching Graysith and Phalomir, and continued to bide his time.

[ 06-11-2004 06:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.198
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 06-12-2004 06:51 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir continued to peer into the dark wastelands, growing more and more aware of each second as the time seemed to pass with an increasing slowness. Nothing moved on the horizon, no winds blew, and the calm would be almost peaceful were it not for the pervading chill of wrongness… of evil. He allowed some magick to seep out, and began arranging it into an energy blast should the need arise.

Yet something stirred deep within Phalomir, something longing to be unleashed. The strange atmosphere called to him, toyed with him, and beckoned forth the desire to let loose the control he held upon his magick and let his powers surge. He suddenly envisioned himself standing on a mountain top staring proudly down upon row after row of demonic imp, all awaiting his order to march upon the land of the living, to conquer, to kill, all in the name of the triad…

With a start, Phalomir jerked his attention away from those thoughts. He stood to his full height and looked cautiously around, eyes scanning for signs of anything.

You are out there, he thought. I know your presence. You want her, but you aren’t going to have her, and it shall not be my hand alone which prevents you. Hide in your shadows, shade. Think your dark thoughts. But never forget, there is an evil greater than yours, and evil has no friends.

“My lady,” he said quietly, “Are you ready? I do not wish to tarry here, it brings back… dangerous memories.”

[ 06-12-2004 06:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 06-13-2004 04:47 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master stood quietly behind the giant, allowing Roan his moment of meditation and reflection upon his failure. In the distance, the objects of both of their interests stood, readying themselves for a departure.

“They proceed with caution, for what good it shall do them,” he said quietly. Roan, though not expecting the intrusion, did not flinch.

“I have come with word,” the Master continued. “Rebuild your armies, my friend, and we shall begin anew. Thanks to you, we now know T’elion’s capabilities, now it is time to determine its intentions. If all goes as foreseen, you shall have your vengeance.”

He stared out once more at the two individuals in the distance.

“And I shall have my son.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 65.101.174.76
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-15-2004 05:29 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Concern momentarily clouded Graysith's brilliant violet eyes. She opened her mouth a touch, as if to say something... then closed it.

It was nothing, I saw nothing, he is nervous, remembering our previous encounter in this dark realm, she told herself as she nodded, letting her concerned expression segue into one more relaxed, more alert.

"Indeed, there are memories here," she began, then bit the comment abruptly off. Again she frowned.

Why is it that I feel I should have memories of this place, other than those just recently passed?

Concern again shaded her eyes to garnet, and she shook her head. Abruptly, she turned from Phalomir, putting her back to him, and made a slight motion with one hand.

A rip of darkness shimmered in the dark atmosphere, winking and wavering and exposing glimpses of a corridor of the Sith warship.

"Let us hurry," she said then as without further comment she stepped toward the rift, knowing Phalomir would follow.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.198
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 06-21-2004 04:14 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared into the distant hills, scanning the area. Suddenly his eyes came to rest upon a spot that seemed even darker than the rest of the wretched land around him, and the hairs on the back of his neck rose slightly. A strange feeling sprang from deep inside of him, as if his very powers were reacting to some unseen threat.
Is that you, Roan? He thought. Is this where you hide, watching from afar? But are you alone...?

A chill running up his spine told Phalomir that it would better to not find the answer to that just yet. He lingered a moment longer on the dark spot, then turned to see the rip in space that led to the interior of the warship. The Dark Lady was already there, watching him with just the slightest look of concern -- or was it curiosity?

He lifted his eyebrows slightly and stepped through to join her.

"We must be extra careful when travelling through these realms, my lady," he said. "We cannot know what may be waiting for us next time."

He turned to stare out through the portal into the evil lands they had just passed through, ready to strike at anything that might try to follow, and waited for the rip to close.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 65.101.173.46
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-21-2004 07:34 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I cannot agree with you more."

With that statement she stepped gracefully through the interdimensional rift she had opened, and stepped out onto the shining deck of the Sith warship. Moments later Phalomir joined her; she wasted no time but quickly flicked her wrist, closing the Portal into the Darker Realms and effectively trapping themselves in the ship.

"We are now safe from any denizens of that horrid place," she said in a matter-of-fact voice as she turned to face Phalomir. She had to step back in order to meet his eyes with hers.

"However I am not so certain about this one. Hurry, and go seek that which you need to find, that we might sojourn back to my home and discuss what needs to be done."

To do what?

The snickering self-doubt danced in her mind and she shivered briefly, trying to push it down and away. She wrapped her arms about herself and waited then, while the Glyph on her forehead burst into ravenous life as though seeking to banish the unseen but easily felt shadows lurking about the ship.

--------------------

Dark Lord Silvermane

Broken Back Button

Member # 544

posted 06-22-2004 03:44 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Silvermane   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Silvermane     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
~The blackness began to swirl ebbing and flowing with a tempestial strain as a figure began to rip through the very fibers of the All. Tendrils of shadows parted peeling back from the cloaked figure which melded as an apperition finding its way to the land of the living. A long black cloak shielded the body; the hood was drawn over the head leaving only twin tourquise orbs to gaze outward through the rifts of time. A creature undetectable in form scittered about its master hissing its delight while waiting rather impatiantly for the next move. Blood red eyes seemed to float over the ground as it moved back and forth in a pacing manner. Lids closed slowly over the searching orbs as a pulse was sent outward; one that only those highly skilled within the workings of the All, ones that had achieved the true balance; could feel. Opening his eyes once more they gave a quick glace to the creature indicating it was time. Sharp talons scrapped the flooring as it vaulted to its masters shoulder chirpings its evil delights. A single word was sent along with a distinct signature to the two he knew could not have missed the pulse.~

Soon....

~Turning the darkness swallowed the two taking causing a void to be left in their wake.~

--------------------

All shall be as it was ment to be..

Posts: 9 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 216.203.46.212
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-23-2004 03:36 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith froze like a deer in headlights, her head flung up alertly, her nostrils flaring as that unexpected pulse whispered into her being.

"Did- did you sense that?" she whispered to Phalomir, now turning her head about and actively questing out with her talents. The Glyph lighting the way, she stepped forward cautiously, tiptoing down the suddenly sinister corridor.

"I thought I--"

Suddenly she stopped. The Glyph let out a gamma burst.

She swallowed, turning back to Phalomir.

"There is something here, or rather... something not. Phalomir-"

She blinked, a sudden unease rushing through her being.

"Someone has been here-- but how? This ship is protected by a chronotic shield..."

Whirling about, she then continued down an adjacent corridor, following that whiff of nothing as she strove to discover what or who had caused it.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05