my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Down the Rabbit Hole (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Down the Rabbit Hole
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-05-2003 08:48 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's look darkened. "Well, if we don't know what he is doing, then following him is going to be rather difficult. I can't just simply track his Force-essence; I have to at least have some ideas as to where he might be headed."

Pausing then, Shayla considered, truly at a loss as to this strange shift in Thoran's behavior.

Had his madness gotten the best of him? What could he possibly be up to? He certainly managed to slip away from everyone else rather stealthily...

...and how did he manage to stay in Panthar's body when the switch had taken place anyway? He didn't even have control of...

Suddenly, Shayla's eyes widened and she turned to Phalomir, the look in her eyes intense.

The Eye had been in Panthar Dantares' body...

"The Eye..." she finally said aloud, her look darkening even as she did so, "...is it still in the body of Panthar Dantares, as it was? For if it is...

...I have a feeling Thoran has other plans for it..."

[ 08-05-2003 08:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.232.148
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 08-07-2003 08:26 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir looked at Shayla, eyes widening.

“Yes, the Eye was indeed still within that body. What in the heavens has happened to Thoran?”

Phalomir thought for a moment, then his eyes flashed.

“The Dark Lord! He must have taken control of the Eye somehow from within. This is the only possible explanation. Oh, poor Thoran! He is again a prisoner.”

A look of grim realization came over Phalomir, as he sighed softly and looked woefully at Shayla.

“I fear I must do something I thought I would never have to face again. I must communicate with the Dark Lady.”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.108.49
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-07-2003 08:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Beast rose to its feet with a questioning growl as the images flowed into Graysith’s mind. Those fleeting representations of Ragorian’s offer lingered a few moments before finally fading away.

Graysith cocked her head, considering. What the message entailed was clear enough… up to the point showing her holding the sword, for until that moment it spoke of nothing but an honest intent to parley. But beyond that, what the sword would have to say would be private between them if she did choose to once again hold it in her hand, that image suggestive of either something not quite as open and honest…

…or else something too important to allow any other ears to hear of it.

She finally spoke.

“Your attempt at communication is understood. But I hold no secrets from my peoples.”

Turning, she nodded to one of the warriors, who bowed his head before gingerly approaching the quiescent weapon. As the warrior came to a halt she turned to Salandaar.

“If this warrior should act in any manner harmful to himself or to us, kill him,” she murmured in a chilled whisper. Watching the warrior stoop and pick up the sword, she raised her voice.

“You may now speak.”

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 67.1.108.49
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-08-2003 03:03 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Slowly and carefully, Ragorian allowed his spirit to flow into the Sith warrior's body. He nearly gasped in delight as senses came flowing back to him. He was Sith again! Oh, the pure, rapturous joy of it! He had finally rejoined his people!

Rogorian stopped and cleared his head. Fool. he chided himself, This is not your body. You have not rejoined the Sith. Stop getting wrapped up in emotion.

Ragorian silently cursed himself. The Lady would have definatly seen the look of pure joy flit across the Sith face. He had again shown weakness before her. He would have to clean up his act. Opening the Sith's mouth, he spoke.

"Greetings to you, Dark Lady of the Sith. I must first ask forgiveness for my rude intrusion into your mind. It was completely uncalled for. My excitment at feeling such such a strong spirit simply took hold of me. Ah, that explanation shall not do. Let me tell you my story."

"My name, as you know, is Ragorian. I know I do not look it, but I am a Sith. Or, to be precise, the spirit of one. The essence of one. I was a rouge sorcerer on my planet. I simply did not agree with the government, so, I practiced against them in secret. But, I was not as careful as I should have been. I was found out, and sentenced to be executed."

"I was afraid, terribly afraid of death. I wanted to live above anything else. So, as the Sith soldiers closed in on me, I used an ancient, dark spell that flung me from my body and into the sword you see before you."

"I had escaped execution, but in doing so I had doomed myself to exile and lonliness. For thousands of years, the sword remained in that cave, untouched and alone. It was all I could do to keep a hold on my sanity."

"Then, a hundred or so years ago, I was found by a human archaologist. When her hand touched the blade, I, without thinking, sent my spirit pouring into her. And so, I found that I could still use my power to posses others. Immediatly, I began travelling across the galaxy, taking new hosts as needed. I find that my spirit burns bodies out rather quickly. This warrior is tougher than most. He should last a reasonable amount of time."

"I was searching, you see. Searching for a way to return myself to my body and powers. I found that way unexpectedly. When I was attacked by a group of thugs on one of the planets, I killed them. As the died, however, I somehow consumed their spirits, and, in doing so, regained a small fraction of my powers."

"I have been wandering the galaxy for years now, taking lives and consuming spirits. Recently, I sensed a group of spirits stronger than any I had ever felt before. Those were here. I used an imperial agent to bypass the blockade, then landed here and departed in seach of them. Before I could find any, though, my host collapsed, and your guards found me. That brings us to now. Again, I am sorry for my intrusion into your mind. Your spirit simply called to me."

Ragorian paused, drawing breath through the nostrils of the Sith warrior.

"Now, is there anything you wish to ask me, having heard my story?"

[ 08-08-2003 03:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.206.125
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-09-2003 04:01 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's look darkened for a moment as memories again flashed across her mind's eye. Then she snapped back into reality just as Erik was shaking his head adamantly. "It's too dangerous..." he started.

Shayla sent him a look, then turned to regard Phalomir once more. Though she too was concerned with the possible danger of what the Sith was suggesting, somewhere deep inside she knew she couldn't turn her back now...

...for she was well aware of what the Dark Lord might have in store if in fact he had siezed control of the Eye. Graysith could be in danger...

...and though she may have changed in her feelings towards Shayla, that most certainly did not mean the reverse was also true. True compassion for another was not for the feint of heart...

"Yes, we must at least warn her," she then replied to Phalomir, her look utterly serious and utterly concerned. "We will need a ship...

...so we've gotta get in there," she finished, motioning towards the door. "I have telekentic ability, but if the door is simply jammed that may not work. Any ideas?"

[ 08-09-2003 05:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.224.218
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-10-2003 11:38 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's lips curled as her warrior quieted after delivering the sword's final comment.

"How kind of you to divulge your past in its entirety," she said sweetly; then she snorted in derision. The tip of the Claw of S'slan glittered hungrily as she aimed it not at the warrior, but rather at the gleaming metal of the ancient sword he held.

"You seek a body that has long crumbled into the dust from which it came," she said, never taking her eyes off the sword, trusting that Salandaar would leap to her defense if the warrior so much as blinked. "If it is a body you seek to emplace yourself within, I'm afraid there are none to be found."

She paused a bit, cocking her head before heading off onto a new track.

"Why then are you here?" she finally asked. "Rogue sorcerer which you are, one in defiance of the ruling clans and leadership of the Sith; why should I allow you to remain alive -- such as you are -- since your presence is nothing but a clear danger to me? History has shown more than not that those rebelling against the ones in power are not so much rebelling against what that power represents, but rather because it simply does not represent the personal desires of those in rebellion. And rebellions cannot exist unless lead by one champion."

She leaned forward a bit, smiling sugary sweet as she let the nuances of that statement sink in.

"And what good is a fine Sith weapon which turns against its wielder?"

[ 08-10-2003 11:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-10-2003 07:47 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorain shook the warrior's head.

"No, my lady. I was not clear at all on my goal. I do not seek my own, original body. I seek to gather enough spirits so that my powers may be strong enough that I may construct a new body for myself. My apoligies for not making this clear."

"As for my rebellious nature, that shall not be a problem. I do not have anything against you. It was simply the government of my own planet, so long ago, that I held contempt for. It was run by a load of egotistical fools. Nothing like your monarchy, I hope."

"I see no reason to destroy me. The thousands of years I spent in isolation have quelled my violent side. I know now that I am no match for you, so I shall not be foolhardy enough to attempt to enter your mind again. Also, no body I could take would be able to endanger you physically, what with the many warriors you command. Thus, I am hardly a danger to you."

"Though, if you wish me gone, I would be happy to oblige. Sadly, though, I have no host, and without one, I am crippled. If you have any prisoners or rebels, I would be glad to use one of them. I sensed other powerful spirits on this planet, aside form yours, and my hunger for them grows as we speak. If they are freinds of yours, I shall leave this planet as soon as possible. If they are enemies, however....it would be a useful way to eliminate them."

[ 08-10-2003 07:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.195.28
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2003 01:09 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A few of the Chosen Daughter's ruffled feathers began to lay smoothly once again. She drew in a great intake of air at Ragorian's final suggestion, wondering why she hadn't foreseen this coming. Indeed, the words the spirit spoke were heady ones, knowing his imposing strength and abilities from firsthand experience as she now did. In fact, she well knew that if it hadn't been for the All at her command she would not be standing here speaking to the spirit through the medium of her warrior but more than likely would be under its control instead.

A slow smile began curling upon her lips.

"You speak enticing words, Ragorian," she began in a somewhat milder tone of voice. "Indeed I can see where your rather... unique abilities could be of some use to me. However, you must make a promise to me that none of the spirits you seek to consume will be Sith. Rebel, criminal or no, I will not dishonor any in this manner. The Sith are a strong and powerfully magickal race, and a proud one. It goes against their nature to be controlled in the manner in which you are now controlling this warrior.

"Surely you recall this for yourself, from the time when you walked your world as Sith."

And which world would that have been? she couldn't help but wonder. Khar Delba was a strong likelihood, but somehow unlikely, judging from the words this spirit spoke. One of the lesser worlds, not of the Diamond of the Sith? At some point perhaps the spirit would regale her with more of his story. In the meantime....

She stopped her musings to take a moment to scrutinze the Sith who was holding the sword. At a quick glance he seemed to be no different than usual, but a more discerning eye could pick out the strain in his own, the tension in his bulging muscles, the beads of sweat beginning to spring upon his horned brow. A bit of her smile faded away at that, and she pursed her lips.

Then she took a quick step forward, coming to a halt in front of the warrior. To her left, a nervous looking Salandaar coiled, ready to leap forward. She raised a hand to him, halting him in his tracks.

"My strengths, which so easily have overtaken yours, are in turn shackled by one against whom your... talents..." A brief smile flickered upon her lips at this thought. "...may indeed be useful. Perhaps something in the way of an arrangement can be made between us."

Now she turned her head, directing her eyes straight into Salandaar's aquamarine ones. He flinched, obviously distressed at what he knew was coming. She turned back to the warrior, overlooking her aide's momentary weakness for her sake.

The voice she spoke with was cold, low and musical, like the ringing of a glacier as icebergs calve into the sea.

"I shall provide you with the sustenance you crave, and you shall provide me with that protection I need against the one who impedes my powers," she whispered.

Then she reached out a pale hand, and gently plucked the sword from the grasp of the warrior.

He jerked, his knees buckling as he staggered from the sudden release. She in turn sucked in a gasping breath the moment her hand touched the still-warm grip, but the contact only strengthened her resolve. Her fingers coiled even more tightly around the sword and she fell silent, waiting to hear Ragorian's reply.

[ 08-11-2003 10:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-11-2003 05:00 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian's mind whirled, disoriented from the sudden change in perspective. After a moment he realized that he was back in the sword, which was now in the Lady's hand. Not for a moment forgetting his recent defeat at her "hands", Ragorian carefully and cautiosly allowed a small touch of his spirit to flow into the Lady's mind, just enough to be able to communicate comfortably with her.
I am glad, my Lady, that we may be able to form an alliance.

Of course, I shall promise that none of my victims shall be Sith. I know how proud of a people they, or, rather, we are. Please, give my apologies to the warrior.

About your proposition. I would be happy to provide my services to you, even more so for your promise of sustenance. Now, who is this being who shackles your powers? The one I shall be protecting you from? Do not hold back any details. The better I know him, the easier it will be to battle him.

[ 08-11-2003 05:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.211.67
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 08-11-2003 08:45 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Ideas?” said Phalomir. “Ideas, indeed. If I were half the sorcerer my father was, I could open this door just by concentrating and waving my hands like so…”

Phalomir closed his eyes and brought his hands together in front of him, palms out. He slowly parted them. A rumble sounded from the door, followed by the sounds of metal tearing. His eyes flung open and the sounds stopped.

“That was interesting,” he said.

He repeated the actions, concentrating harder this time. Soon the sounds of tearing metal again sounded. A soft red glow faintly gleamed from Phalomir’s skin, and the door slowly began to slide open. In a few seconds there was enough of a gap to allow a person passage. Phalomir stopped and quickly leaned for the wall, catching his breath.

“Well, I must say it is good to be back in my own body. However, I do not think I could have done that feat 4500 years ago. Something is definitely different. I must rest a moment, please feel free to explore the hangar. I do not know what lies within, but knowing my father, there should have been at least two transports.”

Phalomir sat and leaned his back to the wall. Closing his eyes, he explored his mind and body for possible explanations for this power he felt. His father had spoken words to him during the last strange encounter, what were they? “The Eye needed a soul, a spirit with which to bond… You are one with the Eye, your power is within it, as its power is within you.”

Phalomir let his thoughts drift further, becoming oblivious to the actions of Shayla and Erik. He caught a small tendril of power lying in the back of his mind, and traced it along the darker corridors of thought. It wound its way innocently around entrenched memories, through cracks that had already begun filling themselves, and finally led to a door in Phalomir’s mind. With hands of pure thought, he reached for the knocker and rapped upon the door. It slowly opened, revealing a darkness beyond.

Phalomir looked into the darkness. He felt this was the correct connection, the thread of power the Dark Lady had left within him before his departure from K’eel Doba. But something did not seem right. He called out softly.

“Lady Jharmeen?” No response.

“Dark Lady?” No reponse.

Phalomir wondered at this. Then a sudden thought leapt to him.

“Graysith?” he whispered.

A low growl sounded from the darkness, and a pair of glowing eyes slowly opened on the other side of the door. Phalomir tensed.

[ 08-11-2003 08:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 216.51.196.205
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-11-2003 09:44 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla couldn't help but lose herself as she surveyed the one transport in the small hangar. It was very similiar to the Sith fighters which she had become accostumed to piloting when she was under Graysith's teaching; greeny-golden, difficult to look upon...

...but Shayla could guess before she ever glanced at the controls that this ship wouldn't have nearly the capabilities that the Sith fighters she knew did. After all, Phalomir's father lived in a time before the any of the Sith had control of the All. But even so, the ship still had that greeny-gold color...

Almost entranced by that eerie color, Shayla reached out to run a slender finger on its surface, gazing into those greeny-golden depths as once more a lifetime of memories came crashing foreward.

I can show you your true potential...

Inexplicably, as Shayla continued to gaze inward as well as outward, her eyes rimmed with tears.

What had become of what was? Was it all a ploy? A deception to meet some goal? She couldn't believe that, not even after all which had occurred. She just couldn't...

"Shayla, there's no hatch," Erik's voice came wafting into her thoughts. But she couldn't bring herself to respond to him, not just yet.

"Shayla?" came Erik's voice again, this time also accompanied by the touch of his hand on her shoulder. "Are you allright?"

Reaching the back of her hand up to her eyes to first wipe any signs of tears away, she then turned to regard her husband, clearly reading the concern upon his face. "I...I'm fine..." she said, her voice trailing.

For a moment Erik locked gazes with her and didn't speak so much as a word. "The hatch...?" he queried then, nodding towards the ship.

"That's something I think our friend Phalomir will know about," Shayla replied, making an extra effort to clear the remnants of memories from her mind...

...at least for the moment. Then she looked to Phalomir, at first not noticing his faraway look. "We'll need your help to get into the ship," she started. "Can you..."

At this Shayla once more trailed, finally picking up on the look in the Sith's eye. Stepping a little closer, her husband on her heels, Shayla reached out a hand and placed it on the sitting Sith's shoulder. "Phalomir?"

[ 08-11-2003 09:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.225.194
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2003 10:04 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lady Jharmeen, the Dark Lady of the Warriors of the Sith...

Smiled.

Deep inside her very essence, the Beast was upon its feet, it's raging eyes glaring upon its flat pewter world and at the second usurper who dared to trespass within. It lowered its unseen head and glared balefully at the tentative approach of Phalomir into the mind of his mistress.

Now Graysith smiled, actually showing pearly teeth in the process. There was something of that smile which chilled to the bone; Salandaar drew in a breath, then steadied as the Dark Lady continued to remain absolutely silent in front of him, the sword held loosely in her hand.

"The shackler of whom I spoke is here with us now, my ally," she sent a soft tendril whickering into the sword, taking up the spirit therein and gently guiding it in the proper direction.

"Here is sustenance of which I have spoken; take and eat... and if you cannot from a distance, sample him that you will know him when he comes.

"For indeed, he will come to us... to me. This I know more surely than I know the sun will rise upon a new day."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 08-11-2003 10:22 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared into the strange eyes that illuminated the space in front of him. He felt the presence of the Dark Lady somewhere beyond, but the presence immediately in front of him overpowered anything else. The eyes were at once both hot and cold, threatening yet somehow strangely inviting, almost beckoning Phalomir to enter through the doorway. But they were too eager.

Phalomir felt a brief wave of fear passing quickly through him. He thought he caught a movement to the right of the eyes, a flicker of some other color in the distance. The eyes before him seemed to grow even wider, and a new sense of urgency overtook him as Phalomir grabbed for the door. The eyes before him narrowed and grew suddenly nearer, as if something was leaping for him.

“Perhaps another time!” he shouted as he quickly swung the door shut and slammed it into place. A massive thud shook the door as Phalomir threw his spirit’s weight against it. He focused his energies and row upon row of locks and barricades materialized on the door. He sighed.

A hand shaking his shoulder brought Phalomir back to consciousness. His eyes snapped open, startling Shayla. Phalomir’s hand flew upwards and caught Shayla’s wrist.

“Tell me,” he said, “Graysith. Is Jharmeen Graysith?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 216.51.196.205
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-11-2003 10:52 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla jerked back a bit, but was hindered from jerking back any further by the strong grip Phalomir had on her. Her greeny blue eyes grew wide and keenly alert. She wasn't sure what had just happened, but she wasn't all-too-thrilled with the suddeness of the question Phalomir had just voiced.

Why did it matter if Jharmeen was Graysith, anyway...?

Something of a barrier rose in defense as the moment froze in silence, Shayla's widened eyes only for Phalomir.

"What does that matter at a time like this?" she whispered quietly, the tone in her voice demanding an answer even so.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.225.194
Romanus

Member # 439

posted 08-12-2003 01:28 AM     Profile for Romanus   Author's Homepage   Email Romanus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Damn good craftsmanship..." Romanus said aloud, studying the suit of Sith combat armour in front of him. He picked up one of its gauntlet pieces off the wall and weighed it in his hand. It was surprisingly light.

"Tell me," he called to his guide (and guard), "Do you still wear these or are they just souvenirs?"

The Sith walked forward beside him, lifted the gauntlet away with his claws, and set it back into place. "During the Sith War, these were originally designed for the thousands of humans that swarmed our ranks. Eventually it was modified to fit other humanoid species. This," he tapped a claw on the suit's faceplate, "Is one of the first copies. We only wear our armour in times of war. Now I believe you wished to see the Lady...?"

Romanus nodded in response. "Yeah, show the way."

I wonder how these guys fight in a full-scale war... Romanus thought as he followed the guide out of the armory...

--------------------

"I'm the Ghost of Christmas Past...why don't you dance with a man for a change?" -Russell Crowe, before he beats the crap out of someone, in LA Confidential

Posts: 73 | From: In a hotel room above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley... | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-12-2003 07:14 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian crept toward the invader slowly, carefully. To his pleasure, he sensed that the invader was too far away physically to do him any damage in battle. Ragorian prepared to spring...

...and the invader vanished. Just left. Roaring in anger, Ragorian whirled around the spot where the invader had been. Pausing, he sniffed. A delicious scent alighted his nose. It was the afterscent of the invaders spirit. Never had he sensed one so rich and delicious. But, there was also something....strangely familiar about it. Withdrawing, he went back to where the Lady was waiting.

Lady, he said., the warrior is gone. He fled when I approached. But, I did catch a sense of him. You were correct on him being sustenence for me. He would be immensely fulfilling. But, I also sensed something strange about him.

Ragorian paused, considering. Then he voiced his question.

Was not the invader a Sith?

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.197.246
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-12-2003 12:27 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith opened her eyes and calmly perused the sword in her hand. She turned it in graceful arcs in the air, practicing a simple maneuver taught to her by Roan during their brief time together, and used with her own sword, Rora'Kessh. A small smile of delight flicked about her lips as she watched the gleaming blade cut the air, making a sharp and almost unheard whistle as it did. Rora'Kessh was a fine weapon... but this sword was of older stock, older craftmanship, and far superior.

The edge keened as she brought the grip horizontal with the floor on level with her eyes, then in a twisting move quickly slashed it down and away, pointing the tip out to the side and down. She completed the move by bringing it about to her other side, there to slide it into its scabbard, which of course was not there. She nodded to herself in satisfaction, holding the sword against her left hip as though it had been sheathed, and held that pose for a short time.

Then slowly bringing the blade back up before her eyes she let her mind waft gently back into the spirit inhabiting it.

"Yes-ss..." The sibilant broke from her lips in a low whisper and hung on the air. Her eyes darkened a bit, and she silenced.

"The invader is Sith... and one who has approached me before in the guise of a human. There is another, his squire who is quite mad...."

She hesitated, momentarily loathe to reveal all to this spirit who not too long ago had attempted to usurp her own mind. Finally decided it was simply his nature to do so, and continued.

"They come from the past... 500 years according to your time, but 4500 years considering the Sith now inhabit this, their own future. There were two Sith who by magickal means slipped into the body of a human, much in the same manner as you now inhabit this fine weapon. They bring with them the Eye of R'lous; it is this device which shackles my powers. It is ensconced within the body of the human, and must be destroyed."

She paused again before taking the final plunge.

"I have already been attacked by this Sith who is not of my people, but of their past; thus he is under no allegiance to me, and is considered rogue and enemy... and in this one case, offerred freely to you."

She smiled inwardly at her use of the adjective "rogue," then moved smoothly on.

"The Sith claims to be the son of Trelanicus; perhaps you have heard of this sorcerer?"

[ 08-12-2003 12:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 08-13-2003 03:08 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir released his grip on Shayla and held his hand open around her wrist.

“I tried to contact the Lady Jharmeen through the link we shared on K’eel Doba. I feel she no longer wishes to communicate with me, she would not answer to her name. I called out to the name Graysith, and was attacked by some sort of beast.”

Phalomir sighed.

“This causes much concern to me. I was told to seek out one called Graysith, that she was important. But I grow weary of this foolishness. This time is not mine, these worlds are no longer the great centers of civilization they once were. Why should I care about the wishes of an ancient orb? Why should I be the one to place my life on the line for the dreams of those long dead? Jharmeen is psychotic, I should care only for the rescue of my friend Thoran.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.9
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-13-2003 09:19 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla tilted her head and the look in her eye darkened. "And under what pretense do you have the right to judge who is worthy of rescue and who is not?" she queried quietly, her greeny-blue eyes slitting. "You yourself have spoken of Thoran's insanity...

...just what makes him a more valuable member of the universe than Jharmeen Qu'taro? She is the only sister I have ever known, blood or not."

Shayla fell silent, something akin to anger boiling just under the surface of her deceptively calm exterior. "Jharmeen has suffered much ill, and I still believe there is something beyond what you have diagnosed as psychosis going on. Small minds see only the smaller portion of what is always a much bigger picture..."

Again Shayla trailed, her look still dark. A moment hung in utter silence, then she finished with, "If you will not warn the Lady of the dangers which are most certainly headed her way...

...then I will...

...and the rescue of Thoran will be in your hands alone."

[ 08-13-2003 09:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-14-2003 01:21 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Trelanicus...

Ragorian searched his mind, streaching to remember back to the years before his imprisionment. Examining old memories that he thought he had forgotten, he searched for a mention of the name Trelanicus. Suddenly, Ragorinan heard a small whisper, barely audible, that was indeed speaking about Trelanicus. He dove into the memory, submerging himself. A few minutes later, he pulled himself out of his vast pool of memories and brought his attention to the Lady, who was waiting patiently.

I did indeed know Trelanicus. He was a sorcerer, like me. We were freinds, but also rivals, each striving to have the most powerful magick. He delved into the study of alchemy, spending many years reseaching, attempting to make some sort of stone. I asked him many times about it, but he would say nothing. He left our world to continue his reseach, and I only heard from him in monthly letters. Then, he stopped responding for some reason. I was curious, and attempted to find out why. Eventually, I found that he had been schedueled to be executed. I also heard a mention of this Eye. Trelanicus was quite powerful and wise, and if this stone was his life's work, then it would be powerful indeed.

But, he never once, in all his letters, mentioned to me that he had a son...

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.195.88
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-14-2003 11:10 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's grip on the sword tightened.

So-oo... she thought to herself grimly. Another Sith Lord with an apparently nonexistent son....

She grunted, pushing all thoughts of Recinis from her mind with that, and focused on the patiently waiting Ragorian again.

"Indeed," was all she said, the tone she conveyed entirely noncommittal. Then she smiled.

"Then it should not be an issue with you in... assisting me against possible further attack from this supposed son of Trelanicus," she directed to the sword. "That is, if this Sith is truly not the son of that sorcerer.

"But if he is--?"

She paused, turning the blade in front of her as she admired the fineness of its edge, waiting to hear the reply Ragorian might now make.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-15-2003 08:31 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My Lady, Ragorian said promptly, I was not attempting to display any reluctance at disposing of the Sith rogue, son of Trelanicus or not. I have long since lost any feelings for Trelanicus or his family. He is just a memory now. It happens when one is in exile.

I was simply wondering why he would not have told me he had a son. Perhaps he had reasons for his concealment.

Nevertheless, I am indeed willing to assist you against this enemy. Indeed, my mouth waters at the thought of consuming his sole, for it is rich and ripe with age. Do you know when this enemy will be with us?

[ 08-15-2003 08:32 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.196.98
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-16-2003 11:51 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's smile faltered slightly.

"I am not certain as to the exact time," she finally admitted a bit reluctantly. "But he will come.

"As will others, undoubtedly. Several have come with unexpected... serendipity to K'eel Doba, even after once being kindly invited to depart. You may keep alert for their arrival as well; I do not wish to be further disturbed by any interference on the part of any other."

Her smile strengthened as she sent images of those who had come with Panthar/Phalomir into the essence of Ragorian: Shayla, Erik, Dash, everyone.

"Some are jedi, ones who wield a power known as The Force; this is unknown to you, more than likely, and is the power used by those now described as dark jedi in the over-running of the Sith worlds and the destruction of their civilization, four thousand years ago. Be wary, my friend; however, I feel your magicks may be strong enough to counteract its abilities. Personally I believe the Sith could have rallied against the invasion of the dark jedi had they not been so consumed by internal squabbles and intrigues."

She quieted, momentarily losing herself in the depths of the gleaming blade and the reflection of her violet eyes which glimmered there. Then she lifted her voice in command.

A strapping and quite muscular Sith warrior appeared as if by magick. He clapped his fisted hand against the opposing shoulder, bowed his horned head, and waited in obedient silence.

Graysith curled her lip in satisfaction.

"Use this one for the time being to mobilize yourself, my ally," she said, gracefully flipping the sword in her hand and extending the grip to the warrior. He tilted his head once more to her, then reached out and grasped the weapon in his clawed hand. His brilliant lime colored eyes widened for a brief moment as Ragorian's spirit flooded into him; then they seemed to fill with darker knowledge and narrowed slightly. He trembled briefly, then remained motionless.

"That is, until you come into the presence of another one who allies with me, and who is my bodyguard. He is strong, a wielder of this Force I spoke of, and I feel he is... in the market for a fine weapon to use."

Her smile darkened further as, laying a trailing finger upon the very tip of the glimmering blade, she allowed an image of Romanus to flow into Ragorian.

"But remember your promise: harm him and this warrior not," Graysith finally finished as she then took a small step backward and clasped her hands in front of herself. Upon her forehead, the Glyph raged like a tiny sun, warming those present with its energies, then reduced its glare to its customary ultraviolet glow.

[ 08-16-2003 12:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-16-2003 12:30 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian entered the Sith mind quickly, whispering an apology to the warrior whose mind he was now dominating. He smiled as he again felt the glory of the Sith body, so strong and noble.
Soon. he whispered to himself. Soon I shall be restored to this glorious people.

Ragorian paused for a moment, considering the new information and images the Lady had given him. Jedi......he had heard that word before. Many of his hosts had at least heard of them. He paused, remembering stories he had heard about them and their...Force. What was this Force? Ragorian decided to research on it later. He nodded to the Lady and Salandaar, then walked off in search of Romanus.

Eventually, he came across a Sith guiding a man down a corridor. The man was indeed the same one as the image the Lady had sent him. Clearing his throat, he stepped out in front of them.

"You are Romanus, I presume?"

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.111.133
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 08-16-2003 10:44 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir studied the look on Shayla’s face, his own set in a strange bemusement.

“Jharmeen has suffered much ill? Well, my lady, for that I am truly sorry. But you must realize that I AM looking at a much bigger picture. We are all victims of much ill, I feel no special tenderness for Jharmeen. She seems more than capable of handling her own turmoil, and if not… then she go straight to the deepest pit and wallow in her own self-made strife. I feel nothing but apathy for this woman. And if Jharmeen is truly your sister, then perhaps you are better served in discovering why she has so steadfastly tried to make you forget that!”

Phalomir stood in one quick, surprisingly graceful motion. He looked down to Shayla, bringing his full height into his statement.

“And what makes Thoran a more valuable member of the universe than Jharmeen Qu’taro is that he is NOT Jharmeen Qu’taro! His madness was caused by his devotion to me, and I must be committed to finding him.”

Phalomir’s face softened.

“I am plagued by prophecies, voices, and memories of places and people that I am unsure are real. I must rely on what I DO know, and what I do know is that the only person who I would consider my brother is out there in a human body with a powerful crystal in him. And I do not trust that crystal. Finding Thoran will remove the danger to Jharmeen.”

And if what I speculate is true, thought Phalomir, the crystal is not the real danger to Jharmeen.

“I am going to retrieve Panthar Dantares. We all have a stake in this, and many dangers await us once we leave this facility. Remember your 'Empire'?"

And something else, thought Phalomir. Those eyes behind the door, there was something very familiar in those eyes...

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.32.63.66

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05