my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Down the Rabbit Hole (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Down the Rabbit Hole
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 09-08-2003 07:21 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared at the helmeted figure before him. He was aware of Panthar nervously standing beside him, but his attention was squarely focused upon the haughty being who hid behind a helmet yet dared to treat a Sith in such a matter.

“I am responsible for this party,” Phalomir stated boldly. “You shall address me and only me. I shall be pleased to hold discussions with you, but not as a captive. Kindly state your reasons for abducting my group, then recite your apology and prepare for our release.”

For the slightest moment, Phalomir's eyes seemed to flash a bright green. Below his robes, Phalomir's skin glowed softly.

Far away, on a Sith world, in a softly-lit chamber, a tender moment was interrupted by a sudden weakness in the knees.

[ 09-08-2003 07:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-08-2003 09:07 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's smile turned from a coolly calculating one into one purely soft, genuine. In a fleetingly timeless moment, she let something of her true nature reveal itself in that natural display.

Then she reached up a hand and laid it lightly upon the one which touched her face with the grace of a bird, one whose killing strength seemed to be suddenly masked by that gesture. She let her eyes flow into those of Romanus, drawing him closer yet.

"Anything you desire," she whispered at length, quieting then, poised upon a shivering edge of expectation which was suddenly shattered as something struck her unexpectedly, sending her knees to shaking in sudden refusal to support her weight.

With a little cry she fell forward against Romanus, instinctively clutching at him with both hands, her mouth opened in surprise, her widening eyes never leaving his own.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 09-08-2003 09:19 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oh, really....

It was all I could do to keep my demeanor calm, to remain unmoving as the supercilious words came floating into my ears. But then, after consideration, it really was all I could do to refrain from laughing, from returning that arrogance with similar fare.

I sniffed, raised a finger minutely. Behind the party -- a party of four I suddenly discovered, now seeing another familiar face straining around from behind the two towering Sith -- my Reborn tensed visibly, ready to spring into action with their unique talents, talents gained from their introduction into the Valley, doubled from the norm, dark talents once used to defeat the very race of which these two red-skinned being were representative.

Behind my visor I stared coldly at the larger Sith, who was standing with his arms crossed, the very epitome of strained effrontery. If I myself looked hard enough, I'm sure I'd see his bruised ego hanging there on his arm.

I let the moment stretch out into an uncomfortably lengthy one. The Reborn inched their fingers toward their lightsabers. And finally --

"As I was saying, Ms. Petrolu. What is it that has kept you so involved with these people... people who, I might add, seem to have suddenly erupted into being from thin air?"

As if I hadn't a clue as to how that had occurred!

But though my words were directed toward the young blonde woman, my eyes never for a moment left those of the Sith.

[ 09-08-2003 09:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-08-2003 09:35 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla couldn't help but arch an eyebrow first in Phalomir's direction as if to say: I can speak for myself, thank you very much!

Then she glanced over to her husband, who was standing somewhere behind Phalomir with a frown on his face. Shayla didn't even have to guess to know he was probably thinking something very similiar. At that she turned back to Tarnus, whose visor was still locked on Phalomir. She opened her mouth to reply to his question...

...then simply closed it. Suddenly she was entirely at a loss as to what to reply at all; she had been a Sith adept, a Chosen sister...

...but the words which were suddenly registering in her mind were had been.

Her eyes grew vague a moment, and her hesitation in answering the former bounty hunter's question was probably obvious. But perhaps a realization of sorts was starting to spring somewhere deep within Shayla's psyche...

...so deeply that perhaps she wasn't even entirely aware of it...

... yet.

At length her greeny-blue eyes snapped into focus, and she answered the only thing she could, really. "It's Mrs. Petrolu-Kartan,," she started. Then she continued with, "And I'm here because of loyalties I still hold due to things in the past...

...and also because I'm still looking for some answers regarding those things in the past."

Even as she said this then quieted, a small voice deep inside whispered: It's in the past, Shayla...

...let it go.

But she didn't quite hear it...

...not just yet.

[ 09-08-2003 09:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.231.178
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-08-2003 09:44 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir’s eyes never left the helmet of the arrogant worm that crawled in its own self import before him. Phalomir’s expression never altered, his eyes betrayed nothing. He ignored Shayla’s outburst.

“You may call me Phalomir, not Ms. Petrolu. And my involvement with these humans is my own concern. I am on an errand of great import, but I would be eager to hear an explanation of your intrusion upon Sith space.”

Phalomir raised an eyebrow.

“I find your attitude… refreshing.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-08-2003 10:03 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My eyes hooded behind my visor. The Reborn's itchy fingers inched even closer to the hilts of their lightsabers. I knew that it would be but a moment, and this self-assured and swaggering alien would find himself bereft of a head....

At the very least.

I nodded once, ordering those guards to back down, and slowly stood to my feet. Again I let a long moment pass between us, relishing the way the smaller Sith's brilliant eyes were flicking back and forth between Ms. Petrolu--

All right, all right. Ms. Petrolu-Kartan!

--the towering Sith, and myself. In one smooth motion I leaned forward, splaying my fingers out on top of my desk, and for another moment more simply regarded this arrogant so-and-so.

You could cut the tension with a knife.

Still staring the Sith straight in the eye, I continued as if nothing had happened.

"Perhaps if you would be so kind as to divulge those events of the past of which you make mention, you might find the Empire willing to assist you in resolving those issues, Ms. Petrolu-Kartan," I said smoothly.

The smaller of the Sith seemed to wince at my words.

Behind my helmet, I smiled... coldly.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-08-2003 10:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a moment that something not quite identifiable flicked across Shayla's eyes at Tarnus's words. She didn't know where to start...

...or how to proceed. And she didn't know if she could trust this guy, or his new Empire.

"It appears as if..."

Shayla trailed, her eyes turning vague.

Appears, Shayla? It is, and you're trying your damnedest to deny it...

"...I no longer hold the place I once did with the Sith. Even so, my former Teacher may be in grave danger...

...danger which she may not be entirely aware of. I can't simply sit by and let something happen...

...and I have to warn her, if not for the fact that I'm simply concerned...

...then because I need to know if there is anything left of what once was...

...and of what I once held so close to my heart."

At that, Shayla fell silent, knowing Phalomir was probably steaming at the fact that she was saying a word after his display...

...but frankly not caring at the moment. After all, if he could ignore her ...

...then the boot could be placed on the other foot...

[ 09-08-2003 10:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.157.231.178
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-08-2003 10:20 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir sighed a short breath, the glow from his skin creeping to his collar.

“Sir, while I find your attitude refreshing, your actions are nothing more than a testosterone laden waste of both your time and mine. If you have questions regarding the Sith, then ask them. I shall endeavor to answer them, if you grant the same courtesy to my questions. That is how diplomacy works, is it not?”

--------------------

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-08-2003 10:33 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I could only work my jaw in reply to the answers I received.

So, it has to do with her, that sister of Galen; that's all which occupies Ms. Petrolu's mind, I thought, even as the words of the Sith flamed out over her head to entirely sizzle them into obscurity.

I remained where I was, poised over my desk, stone-still except for another slight nod to the Reborn who had seemed to draw in a united breath, once more reaching for their weapons. Once again they backed down, still on guard, giving me a few precious seconds more in which to think.

Dammit, who the hell was this guy anyway? The words burst across my mind from nowhere. His dress isn't anything remotely as elegant as what I have seen adorning what Sith Lords I have met on K'eel Doba, yet he acts like one of them... actually, his attitude reminds me a helluva lot more like that dark slimeball Desolist who Galen and I had tangled with....

I jerked away from that, and slowly sat down. Quietly I laced my fingers together.

"And just who exactly are you, Phalomir?" I finally asked, formally acknowledging the giant Sith by my first use of his name. "Do you think you have answers to those questions I may ask, considering you are not of this timeframe?"

And not intended to be.... a sly little voice whispered somewhere in the back of my mind.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 09-08-2003 10:35 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A low growl escaped Phalomir.

Panthar couldn’t stand it any longer. He threw his hands in the air and let out a short exasperated scream.

“Oh, will you all just stop it?!” he shouted, ignoring the looks from the guards. “Look, these bozos are up here because they don’t trust the Sith. Phal, you are up here because you don’t trust the Sith! Looks to me like you all have something in common! You’ve got conspiracies, dark lady babes with secret ultra-powerful do-wizzers, and dumbos of all sorts wanting to rule the galaxy again! And don’t forget your good buddy who is off with you-know-who’s sweet ass! Literally! For crying out loud, just tell each other what the freakin’ heck is going on and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!”

Panthar stopped and looked at the several pairs of eyes... and one helmet... now staring at him.

[ 09-08-2003 10:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-08-2003 10:41 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He doesn't trust the Sith? But he is Sith....

I blinked, turned my head back from the panting shorter of the two, and planted my visor upon the growling giant of a Sith.

"Perhaps you would be so kind as to open this particular hand," I said smoothly, leaning back and making myself comfortable. For after all, I had all the time in the universe.

And for some reason, I suddenly felt they did not.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-08-2003 10:53 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared briefly at the helmeted figure. He shifted his gaze to Panthar, who smiled meekly. Then he regarded Shayla and Erik, turning once again to the figure in the chair.

“As I said, I am Phalomir. I am the rightful heir of the Dark Lord of the Sorcerers. At least, I was. Several -- years -- ago my father was murdered in a conspiracy that was rooted in the very heart of the Sith government. I was removed from the Sith for a time and do not know nor understand the current ruling bodies. I seek answers, as I suspect you do as well, but for other reasons. Ms. Petrolu has had dealings with the current dark lady of the warriors, one of the ruling bodies I do not know nor understand.”

“You seem to have some knowledge of the Sith. Perhaps you could tell me, what is the empire?”

--------------------

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-09-2003 11:56 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now this was interesting... most interesting. Nothing like catching the faintest whiff of internal squabbling going on in a system one desires to eventually swoop in upon and govern anyway....

I smiled behind my helmet. The shorter Sith looked somehow... lost, while Ms. Petrolu-Kartan and her significant other merely exchanged wary glances. As for the glowering giant....

My armor creaked slightly as I settled myself deeper into my seat. One finger flicked out and snagged a particular switch, then I returned my full focus to those in front of me. In particular, to the self-proclaimed heir, who simply swam with scarcely contained impatience.

"The Empire?" I returned, lightening my voice and cocking my head a touch to one side. I leaned forward now, suddenly earnest.

"We are the current governing body of the galaxy your planets are revolving about in, my friend. You are speaking to the third in command and emperor-- I winced inwardly at the term. Drat, that wasn't me, wasn't what we were all about, but semantics are semantics after all. "--pro temp."

The foursome jostled a bit as from behind one of my Reborn appeared with a laden tray held in his armored hands. He came silently forward, and set it down on the desk. Straightening, he snapped off a smart salute, turned crisply, and departed from whence he came.

I could smell the aroma of the tray's contents even through my helmet. Sighing a bit, I settled myself yet again, and raised a gloved hand to indicate unassuming chairs that ringed my ready room.

"Please take a seat and share a cup of tea," I said, finishing inwardly with:

While your mind wraps around the fact that things just ain't the way they used to be.

[ 09-09-2003 12:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-09-2003 12:23 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Time seemed to dilate, as if a tiny black hole had suddenly materialized from thin air and grasped on to it, stretching it out until those few seconds in which Graysith found herself stumbling seemed never to end. Romanus's arms had instinctively moved as she fell forward, offering her support, but other than this he remained silent, inscrutable.

Gradually the unexpected weakness faded; the Glyph flared in avowed vengeance as renewing strength flooded into her, lighting Romanus's face in its eerie ultraviolet glow. Graysith straightened in his light but solid grasp, let out one small and shaken sigh, then turned her face up into his.

"I have felt this before, Romanus," she breathed, staring directly into his eyes. "And I know who holds what it is that does this to me.

"Clearly, this reveals but one of the reasons I need you as bodyguard to me... and more."

She paused, now under complete control of herself again, and merely stood quietly, still snugged close to the dark assassin, still staring up and deeply into his eyes.

"How do you answer, Romanus?" she breathed, her voice very soft and low...

...but very much filled with unspoken meaning.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Romanus

Member # 439

posted 09-09-2003 08:01 PM     Profile for Romanus   Author's Homepage   Email Romanus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Romanus found himself lost yet again. Seeing Graysith fall, a being he thought was too powerful to actually be harmed, made him realize how much he is needed...how much she needs him...

But I wasn't created for this! A bodyguard I can do but this is something I'm not--

Staring into her eyes and holding her in his arms made Romanus lose his train of thought. A second later, all reason escaped him as Romanus went forward and kissed Graysith on the lips. By then, all worries and all doubts were gone from his mind, and all he could think about was her.

But Romanus ended the kiss only a moment later, just so he could ask one last question. "Will that answer suffice, milady?"

[ 09-09-2003 08:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Romanus ]

--------------------

"I'm the Ghost of Christmas Past...why don't you dance with a man for a change?" -Russell Crowe, before he beats the crap out of someone, in LA Confidential

Posts: 73 | From: In a hotel room above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley... | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-09-2003 11:26 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir sat and accepted the tea from the guard. He looked directly at the helmeted figure, raised his cup delicately, and sipped.

“Very civil of you,” said Phalomir. “You have my gratitude.”

He took another sip and smiled slightly.

“Please forgive my levity, but not having seen what I have already seen, I would have responded to you with a quote much along the lines of ‘thank you for ruling our galaxy during our absence, but your services are no longer needed.’ If you have a prior association with Ms. Petrolu, then I must assume you already know something of the Sith. And if that is true, then I suspect you would expect to hear such a response.”

Phalomir took a longer sip and emptied the cup.

“However, since my return to the Sith I have encountered a number of people and things I do not particularly care for. I do not understand how the Sith lost rule of the galaxy, and I am not convinced the Sith of this time are worthy to rule again. It is enough that the warriors are led by a human, I hesitate to think of the state of the other clans. I wish to travel to the clans and learn of the situations in each one, then rectify the problems. Perhaps, if your empire is strong, we may find ways to assist each other.”

Phalomir lowered his head slightly.

“For the Sith, though in some disarray, are still mighty. It would take more than a fleet of ships to overcome them.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.104.209
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-10-2003 12:27 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith smiled up at the dark assassin who held her. She could easily sense that there was something troubling him; what it was exactly would undoubtedly be brought up sooner or later....

And preferably later. There was, after all, a time and a place for everything.

Her smile deepened, her eyes darkened with more than words could express.

"It is a start, Romanus," she breathed, reaching up to twine her arms about his neck.

"It is a start...."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 09-10-2003 06:48 AM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“A clone, my lord?” asked Thoran.

Nay, she is not a clone. She was plucked from death across many years, from a time now past but once far into the future.

“But how, my lord?”

When one has mastery of all things Sith, one will understand. You need only understand that in my time, many such things were possible. But, my son, there is more to amaze you. Another long lost friend of mine – of ours – plucked from death. He is a from a time still to come.

Thoran smiled and walked past the icy crystal. A smaller chamber lay behind the strange fixture. He walked inside, the light stick further illuminating the softly glowing red walls. He stopped and saw a similar crystal object inside, this one much larger. It contained a large male, apparently Sith. He stepped closer, and using a nearby stone as a stepping stool wiped the dust from the top. He immediately recognized the face.

“Oh, my lord, this is indeed a surprise.”

Magnificent, is it not? Yes, soon the arrogant brat will be beside himself in envy.

An eerie chuckle resounded in Thoran’s head.

Now we must retrieve a device.

[ 09-10-2003 06:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Thoran ]

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.96.166
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-10-2003 08:23 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir….

The voice caught Phalomir by surprise, causing him to flinch slightly. It wafted through his head in a hollow echo.

Phalomir, my son. You are in grave danger, as is the entire race.

“Father?” thought Phalomir, trying to not send visual signals to the helmeted figure.

Yes, Phalomir, it is reasonable to call me such. But listen, my time is short. The Eye harbored more than you and Thoran, another sat quietly with you, hiding, manipulating Thoran. It now seeks to finish its work, it was the author of the final line of prophecy. ‘One son to rule them all’, and I fear I know what it means. Find the Armorers, the old ones will know of this demon, and will know what to do when the son of Trelanicus comes to claim the Finger of R’lous. Remember, the demon possesses the Eye, but you possess its power.

The voice faded before Phalomir could respond. He sat with a tight grip on the empty tea cup.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.34
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-10-2003 12:15 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help but start a bit, a knee-jerk reaction to the words this arrogant -- but visibly calming -- Sith was saying.

Warriors led by a human??? Oh Galen my dear, it would seem your sister holds many of your own endearing qualities, doesn't she -- qualities she has managed to keep well-hidden for some time. But--

Hadn't she been connected to that other Sith, the one referred to as Recinis? What had happened there? I thought it was the other guy, the bigger, mystical one with the sweeping horns, who was running the show on K'eel Doba; what's with this sudden switch to this Graysith, my ex's dear sister, the one who had been hunting us so stringently for so long only to suddenly switch rontos in midstream -- and then now climb back aboard the same mount???

I drew in a deep but quiet breath, focusing outward again, and let the image of the quiet Sith come fully into my vision again. I blinked with the sudden realization that he was still quiet -- too quiet.

What's with that? He's certainly changed the steed he came galloping in on as well....

Pausing to take a sip of my cooling tea through my drinking straw, I reflected further on the words Phalomir had spoken.

Work together, ey?

I worked my jaw, and set my cup down. My armor creaked as I leaned forward once again.

"I agree with you in the abilities of your people, Phalomir," I began cautiously enough, for who the hell knew how he would react upon discovery that not only had his people been eradicated for four millennia at the hands of the dark jedi... but that those very same entities were now the foundation of the Empire and it's governship. While it would be all-too easy to flaunt the fact, I didn't want to face an altercation here.

Something told me that this was a situation to be handled far differently than the one on Tatooine....

"But...."

Again I paused in self debate, now letting my eyes shift back to the quiet Ms. Petrolu-Kartan and consider the words she had spoken in a new light.

She had fears for Graysith, with whom she had been closely affiliated... now she was ousted for some reason, yet held these same fears. This Big Guy was grumbling about the leadership of this selfsame woman....

What, as would be how my charming ex would have put it, in Hell's Seven Circles was going on in these newly-alive worlds of the Sith??? And upon further and more worrisome consideration:

How would it impact the Empire?

I really had no concerns about our own strengths. But after such a basically bloodless coup, we did not need another equivalent of the Rebellion of Old to come blasting forth, giving fuel to whatever smaller fires that might yet be smoldering to a quiet death on those planets we had taken. Governmental changes take time for people to recognize, and along the way Actar wanted nothing so much as the people to realize that we really were here for their own good, and that we had shown our good will by the remarkably low number of deaths that had occurred in our coup.

I put thoughts of that carefully to one side, and focused once more on Phalomir. The others waited, taking quick little sips of their tea and looking extremely uncomfortable.

I nodded, coming to a sudden decision. There comes a time for honesty in every diplomatic confrontation, and now was certainly that.

"The Sith were defeated and erased from the galaxy over four thousand years ago, my friend," I announced, not moving other than to set down my cup and settle once again in my chair. "Those using a power called The Force defeated them... defeated you; they took your name upon themselves, and for a time rose to command the galaxy in turn.

"It wasn't pretty."

I paused, thought a bit. Damn, I wish I knew more than what I learned in school, the general history and all.... But then, school had never been my strong suit.

"As you said, ships and mere soldiers alone would not suffice to overcome you. But the Sith..." I interrupted myself, shook my head at the slip. "...excuse me, that is dark jedi did indeed have the strength to overcome your, ahh... inherent abilities.

"Abilities I assume you still command?"

I folded my hands together upon the table, wondering what in all the galaxy would be dire enough to offer danger to the one I thought untouchable, and once more found myself toying with accepting this Sith's offer of working together. For I had seen Graysith in action... there was little to stop the power she held.

But perhaps the strengths of the Reborn combined with those magicks...

...and didn't this guy say he was son of a sorcerer?

Not quite ready to acknowledge his offer of alliance, if it could even be called that, I simply picked up my cup and took another sip of my tea.

It was as suddenly iced as the blood coursing through my veins.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-10-2003 12:41 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dark Jedi? Phalomir rolled together the pieces of information he had gathered from the multitude of sources the past few days. 4000 years ago the Dark Jedi conquered the Sith. 4500 years ago the seed was planted between dark warriors and the very governing foundations of the Sith. Indeed, it was likely that these dark warriors were the Dark Jedi, as Shayla had earlier proposed. Trelanicus forsaw this, and laid plans to stop it… or perhaps make it easier to live with the consequences. And now another entity had entered the scene, one which was hidden even from the Eye itself for 4500 years?

Phalomir relaxed a bit more.

“That is not entirely unknown to me, although I appreciate the information. As for my abilities, please understand, as difficult as this may be, that I am from a time even before the fall of the Sith. Before the treachery which led to the fall of our reign, the Sith were… different. More secure, more united. My abilities are… greater.”

Phalomir considered his next words.

“Ships and soldiers and… treachery… are the ingredients to conquering a mighty civilization.” Phalomir’s lip curled slightly. “I have no desire to claim leadership of the Sith, but there are wrongs which need righted.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.34
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-10-2003 01:19 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
...a mighty civilization which, by your very own words, my friend, isn't quite up to par anymore now, is it?

Yet it would be utter folly to ignore this Sith and what he was saying, that much was crystal clear. For if there was something dark on the horizon, dark enough to threaten the incredible powers Galen's sister now held...

...then that darkness was certainly to come sniffing our way.

And that was something I simply could not allow.

I made another decision. Setting my cup down, I rose to my feet. For a moment I just stood there, staring at the foursome for a final last few moments through the darkened lenses of my T-visor. Then I quietly reached upward and removed my helmet.

The scar running down from my left temple jumped and quivered as I clenched my jaw, focusing my icy blue eyes directly into the brilliantly green pair before me.

"I believe an arrangement of sorts can be made," I said simply, pausing a fraction before reaching out an armored hand. I stopped, studied that hand a moment; then I pulled back my arm, quickly removed my gauntlet, and stuck it forth again in the universal symbol of friendship.

"While I am afraid that I cannot accompany you personally in your ventures--"

Although gods knew I wished I could, for somewhere mixed up in all of this was my baby girl, I was sure of it.

"--I can offer you whatever aid and assistance you might require. Please, if you have the time, remain aboard as my guest and... ally; perhaps we might discuss in more detail the assistance you require over dinner?

"If you would be so inclined as to join the Captain and I at his table, that is."

[ 09-10-2003 01:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-10-2003 01:49 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ally? Phalomir let the word roll through his mind. Ally. He had come aboard this ship expecting to fight his way out, and now he was given the offer to be an ally. Not knowing what agenda the empire might have, he was wary of such an offer. But given his current circumstances, and considering he may have introduced the notion himself earlier, perhaps an arrangement could be made. It would be refreshing to have powerful beings at least pretending to work towards some common goal, all Phalomir had encountered thus far on his homeworlds were outright hostilities and mysteries.

Out of the corner of his eye, Phalomir saw Shayla take in a breath as to speak.

“We are slightly pressed for time,” he said quickly, “but perhaps a moment of rest and conversation would be in order.”

He glanced to Shayla, who glared back.

“Is there a place we may freshen ourselves?” Phalomir grinned. “I trust our ship is not available at the moment?”

[ 09-10-2003 01:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-10-2003 02:23 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That little POS...?

I managed only by stint of great effort to mask my immediate reaction to his mention of his ship, at least for the most part. After all, hadn't I gadded about the galaxy with Galen in another little ship of Sith origins--

Which was undoubtedly a far, far newer model!

--a ship which, with a start, I realized was yet held in Imperial hands.

I paused a moment to reflect.

Maybe not quite yet. Let this guy prove himself first. After all, that's the only one you've got....

Realizing that a tiny bit of humorous disdain was shining in my eyes, I let it swell into pure congeniality.

"Excellent, my friend," I announced, then motioned to the stiff Reborn who yet haunted the only egress from this room. They nodded obediently, then turned sideways, making a clear path for our sudden guests to pass through.

"My Reborn will show you a place where you may refresh yourselves before dinner, a dinner--"

I held up a restraining hand.

"A dinner which shall consist of light fare. Indeed, if you are pressed for time, far be it from us to be the ones to detain you any longer than is necessary.

"I shall see you at the Captain's table an hour from now."

Then I stood in silence, sending a final look into those brilliantly green eyes, and merely watched as he turned and followed the guards from my ready room.

Only then did I allow myself to sink back into my seat. Pursing my lips, I regained both my gauntlet and helm...

...and proceeded to just sit there in contemplation of what was possibly yet to be.

[ 09-10-2003 02:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-10-2003 03:17 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Afterward, they lay together there on the rich carpeting, she staring into the flaming shadows that flickered all about them, assuming to herself that he was likewise sharing that same vision. The fire continued to crackle seductively, accentuating that moment of unity in which they had joined together in far more than simple pleasures of the flesh.

The Sith demanded strong leadership. The warriors yet bowed to their Dark Lady... but were bereft of a Lord. How long they would continue without an essential male counterpart she hadn't the slightest notion, but she felt certain that any balkiness on their part would now be allayed.

Romanus might not be a Dark Lord of the Sith -- at least not yet, and whether he would or not rise to that position was something only the future could reveal -- but he was now strongly bound to her as consort. That was something the Sith would recognize, if not by her words, then by the emotions which memories of this event would provoke in the dark assassin... and in that provocation relieve them of any anxieties regarding what final adherances to tradition might yet exist.

Her lips curled into a smile as she let her thoughts drift from their present track and back into reliving her personal discovery of yet another of her consort's hidden talents. Perhaps she would come to bask in those particular talents yet again, but for now....

She cut her eyes to where he lay beside her, watching her as she now watched him. Memory of his earlier and oh-so easily sensed feeling of... what she wasn't certain; doubt? ...flooded back into her. Another image flashed into her eyes, one coming from moments recently shared when circumstances had allowed her to view the back of his neck.

The carefully tattooed number 19 invited from her an entire galaxy's worth of questions about him.

She propped her head against one hand, the other reaching out to trace a light circle upon his bared chest.

"Tell me more of who you are, Romanus," she finally said, her voice soft and yet inviting, filling the room with her very essence. "Tell me of how much in common you have with Anakin Skywalker; I know only what history had to tell, and that was generalities: that he was the greatest of the Dark Jedi... but one who returned to the light."

She paused a moment more, sudden understanding rising within her at this realization. If the ability to operate from both light and dark existed in that infamous personage...

Did this capability likewise lurk within her newly-chosen consort?

A dark smile creased her lips, and she traced another circle upon his chest.

"Please," she continued. "It is something I desire to learn about you...."

She quieted then, and for a moment all that was heard was the sounds of the fire in the hearth.

[ 09-11-2003 01:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05