my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Convention in April (Indianapolis)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Convention in April (Indianapolis)
becca-om

Broken Back Button

Member # 579

posted 01-06-2005 08:35 AM     Profile for becca-om   Author's Homepage   Email becca-om     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This will be my 3rd convention, for anyone that is going I have a phone # to call for a shuttle service to & from the convention center (we have to show enough calls for them to go ahead with this) 1-317-684-2573, Anyone else from colorado going?
Posts: 2 | From: colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  Logged: 67.1.129.145
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-06-2005 11:17 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't exactly think this site is for "ads" but I'm in colorado, and I don't even know what convention you're TALKING ABOUT.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 209.120.161.36
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-06-2005 11:52 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes indeed, is this a science fiction convention, a star wars convention? I know Gencon is in the summer as I've been to the last two of those.

Ummm... who are you Becca? But welcome to the Pod; hope you stay but if not thanks for stopping by with that somewhat enigmatic post.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 01-06-2005 12:00 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think you are talking about the Star Wars Celebration con? It is run by the same people who run Gencon, I believe.

April 21-24, Indy convention center www.starwarscelebration.com

The pictures from last year's costume contest look good, heh.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-06-2005 12:11 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah well, thank you Becca for alerting us to this con. Perhaps some of our members will go; personally, I doubt I can make it.

I go to summer conventions or those that are closer to home.

Indianapolis it a nice city, by the way, and the convention center is super. I can guarantee a good time for anyone who goes to this con, judging by the two Gencons I have gone to.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 01-09-2005 04:39 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was hoping to go... All depends on how much I can make subbing before the end of presale tickets and on plane ticket rates though... I would love it if Lucasfilms would just post a tentative schedule already though so I can know if I should go for the whole thing or just part of it...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.136.222.102
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 02-06-2005 01:17 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will be at C3. I already got my tickets and hotel reservations. I'm pretty excited about it. I get to meet people I have known online for about 5 years now. It will be nice to have a face to face with people you have talked to for so long.

This is the last Celebration. I wanted to go to the other 2 but school and cost stopped me from going. Now that I am older I can afford it and my schedule is a little bit more flexible.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 68.184.250.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-06-2005 02:11 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe I'll go. It'd be nice to see some of you, but since it's during school and I'm still a bloody "kid", I doubt it.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 04-28-2005 05:38 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah so went - it ROCKED saw the George in person!!!!! got sick waiting at 4 am everyday in the rain, snow, sleet, hail, wind and oh yes Tornado Watch to get in the building EVERYDAY! and doors didn't open til 9 but it was sooo worth it... the exclusive preview that Rick (yes Mc Callum - got a hug from him!) showed us was just AAAHHHH!!! So chilling - 15 minutes of clips set to a Williams Medley - and for those talented enough to lipread some major clues (I only caught one and it wasn't the most exciting part - already knew it was going to happen... Met a lot of really cool people - got another hug from Ray Park!!!! and Nick Gillard - really friendly guys they are! Ray also spontaneaously (ok someone asked) demonstrated how really flexible he is right in the autograph hall - he just stood over bent in half backward put his hands on the ground in front of his feet (in front if he were standing properly that is) and flipped over landing upright - as if we just reminded him to tie his shoe!!!! So yeah I'm still tired and sick, but I'm thanking VISA for lending me enough money to go and party with everyone! Oh and Jay Lag'aia (Captain Typho) seranaded us at the Celebration at Celebration III party singing Weird Al's the Saga Begins amoung other things!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.136.221.91
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-28-2005 05:40 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds awesome. I think the toast of all of that was "The Saga Begins" hehehehe.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 207.224.89.142
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-06-2005 08:17 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Naa.. the best part was getting sick from waiting out in the cold and rain for hours each morning

--------------------

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.51.236.63
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 05-07-2005 09:01 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would come about an hour and a half later each day and walk right in. The end of the line would be right ahead of me. So I enjoyed sleeping in a little longer than some.

I got to see GL even though I got there kind of late that day. I waited maybe 10 minutes in line and had great seats.

The best experiences were meeting people from the Galactic Senate.

--------------------

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 68.184.247.8
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-08-2005 06:47 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, you still post at the Galactic Senate?

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 980 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 24.165.133.49
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-19-2005 02:53 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes but doing it that way you miss all the line excitement and games and jokes and comraderie... We became very good friends out there swapping stories and such!

--------------------

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.136.219.26
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 06-17-2005 04:25 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mara1Jade:[QB]Dude, you still post at the Galactic Senate?[/QB]

Yea, I came back last year. I stay away from the petty shit that happened a while ago. It is just online not something to be too concerned about.

See, I made plenty of friends in line for other lines (because there were plenty of lines to go around). The first day I waited outside and no one really wanted to talk.

I'm also a sleep junkie so that influenced my descision to just wait it out and just walk in every morning.

--------------------

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 68.184.247.8
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-17-2005 06:27 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's true it was all lines - but everything I wanted to do was either first thing in the morning or the lines were closed when I got there just a little later than the first push...

--------------------

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.51.235.144

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05