my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » What are you listening to

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: What are you listening to
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 06-07-2007 07:26 AM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know why it occured to me to make this thread. Perhaps because I am a bored little intern, or perhaps because I just worked at a music festival. Although it is more probably because my job now forces me to spend hours on end in a car with little to amuse myself with but my cd player and, when I happen to be in range of someplace with a hub, wireless internet on my laptop. But I was wondering what album/artist/genre/group of artists or just music in general the folks around here have been listening to lately in their day to day lives. Personally, I've, because I keep forgetting to bring more cd's with me and I listen to music mostly in the car, been pretty much been alternating between two The Clash albums and the Frank Black album Dog in the Sand. So how about you? What music have you been listening to lately?

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 66.108.214.50
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-07-2007 12:23 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OOOH, you need an MP3 or I-Pod or something, and one of those FM transmitter/receiver thingys, then you can put all your music on it, stick it on shuffle, and listen away!

That's what I've recently gotten, IT'S GREAT. As for the music?

I'm eclectic: everything from hip-hop to house trance to jazzy blues, to SOME country, to rockabilly, to SOME hard rock, to new age, to world beat, to classical, to...

Hehe. Well you get the idea. ANYTHING but heavy metal rock, sorry, that's just too jarring for me. And most rap is just too meaningless, in my humble opinion.

Don't ask me to list groups/individuals. It would take too long!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 06-07-2007 02:13 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm fairly eclectic as well. Depending on my mood it may be classical, Rock, jazz, Contemporary Christian, and so on. I particularly like Three Doors Down, Daughtrey, Coldplay, Josh Groban, James Galaway (a flute player), Michael W. Smith, Foreigner, Journey, Deep Blue Something, and so on and so on. I also like Carrie Underwood.

I tend to be a fan of alot of 80s stuff, I like oldies to some extent, and I LOVE Debussy (an impressionist composer). Not a fan of rap or hip hop so much, although perhaps there are songs of those varieties I like here or there.

Oh, and I think there are a total of 3 Metallica songs I like. (Forgiven I and II and Nothing Else Matters)

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Freedon Naad

Member # 321

posted 06-07-2007 02:36 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to say I agree about the whole favorite muscian list thing. It's always been my experience that they take a long time, are themselves long, and invariably I omit important bands which makes me want to go back and edit it and effectively consumes even more time.

I got myself an Ipod (which I love) a few months back but I never invested in any of those nifty fm transmitter add-ons so I basically have to use it with headphones. At any rate, stupid though it may seem, I put so much money and effort into my cd collecton hat I feel bad just leaving them to collect dust.

As far as genre's go I've been into 70's punk for a while (The Sex pistols, the Clash, Richard Hell, etc..) I like some of the post punk/ glam rock/ general rock of the 70s and 80's also (talking heads, roxy music, the Smiths, Joy division etc...) Just a few personal favs of mine are the Velvet underground, The smiths, The Pixies, Television, and Captain Beefheart (who is my absolute favorite artist). Thats as much of a list as I will let myself do right now.

I don't really have any strong feelings against any genre's (rap, metal, etc) though like Mara with Metallica I can only think of a handful of songs from those genres that I like.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-07-2007 02:46 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, which is why I like a total of 3 Metallica songs. I tend to not care so much for really hard rock. I don't like driving down the road being screamed at. :P

[ 06-07-2007 02:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Freedon Naad

Member # 321

posted 06-07-2007 02:52 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol neither do I, which is why I wish people in NY weren't such temperamental drivers.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-07-2007 03:05 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should be here in FL, where people from NY retire...

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 06-13-2007 11:57 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm let's see... Really just better to rattle off artists.
-Voltaire (Gothic)
-The Police (Rock)
-Queen (Rock)
-Yanni (Orchestra)
-Nightwish (Finnish Metal Band)
-Apocalyptica (Finnish Metal-Cello trio)
-Black Sabbath (Gothic Rock?)
-Kansas (Alternative)
-Lynard Skynard (Rock)
-Wierd Al Yankovich (Everything)
-Andrew Lloyd Webber (Musicals)
-Les Miserables (Musical)
-"I Am What I Am" (La Cage Aux Folles)
-Mindless Self Indulgence (Christian Rock)
-Warcraft Soundtrack (Renaissance/African-Tribal)
-"Welcome to the Black Parade" (My Chemical Romance)
-Aerosmith
-"The Ultimate Showdown" (Lemon Demon)
-Lots and lots of other stuff that I can't think of on the top of my head...

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.150.135

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05