my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Old TV shows

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Old TV shows
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-22-2003 12:08 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was watching the tube the other day, and I realized that a lot of today's shows just don't seem to match the quality of some of my favorite shows that have been discontinued. Maybe it was because these shows were a lot cooler when I was 5 or 10, I really don't know, but I find myself missing a lot of old (relatively old) TV programs that don't come on anymore.

What are some of your favorite shows that you wish were still running? I'll start off with my list:

Seinfeld
Wings
The Wonder Years
Doogie Howser(sp?)
MacGyver
Highlander (okay, so highlander wasn't that great, but it was still cool to see a guy running round with a katana in the 20th century )
Babylon 5(got pretty good in the last two or three seasons)
Animaniacs
Star Trek:TNG

That's all I can think of at the moment...

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-22-2003 12:27 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
3 of those are still on the air, in syndication...

Seinfeld, ST: TNG, and MacGyver...

I wish Wings were still on the air...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.78.37
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-25-2003 05:50 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about shows like FAMILY TIES, GROWING PAINS, TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT, FACTS OF LIFE, DIFFERENT STROKES, THE FALL GUY, AIRWOLFE, THE A-TEAM (which is currently on TNN), there are other's I'll remember later...

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-25-2003 08:24 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Airwolf...I remember when I was around 5 I was playing with a model helicopter like the one on the show, and broke it. It was my older brothers...

Aaah, good times.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-25-2003 11:01 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I watched Family Ties, Growing Pains, The Cosby Show, Full House, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers, Step by Step, Who's the Boss?, Charles in Charge...

...that's all I can think of right now, but man, they don't make them the same...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.104.9
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-06-2003 05:00 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about AMEN, DUKES OF HAZARD, GIMME A BREAK, and WEBSTER???

[ 04-06-2003 05:01 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 04-06-2003 05:03 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And I think that HIGHLANDER was an AWESOME SERIES!!! I even enjoyed the Animated seried with QUINTEN MACLEOD.

3 immortals from the same clan... HMMP?!? Must be something in the water on the Shores of Locksheil!

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-15-2003 03:20 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cosboy Show is the best...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 04-18-2003 07:17 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know... I think BILL COSBY tries WAYtoo hard to be funny, and somewhere in doing that he loses the whole COMEDY aspect of the show.

--------------------

Orlok

Member # 499

posted 09-10-2003 05:22 PM     Profile for Orlok   Author's Homepage   Email Orlok     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He was the Emelda Marcoss of knitwear.

--------------------

"Time waits for no man."

Posts: 34 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  Logged: 82.35.26.196

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05