my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Rots toys

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Rots toys
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 04-15-2005 08:12 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody else fall for these new toys?

Just today I bought the:

Grievous Unleashed figure
Anakin Unleashed Figure
Kenobi Force FX saber
Shaak Ti
SBD
Grievous figure
Mace WIndu Figure

ANybody else buy SW III merch on a whim?

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.39.115
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-16-2005 06:46 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, no offense, but I'm not falling for toys anymore. I mean I think most of us here are old enough to not need to pay attention to it.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 04-16-2005 08:27 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speak for yourself, Ryk.

Toys rock.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 04-17-2005 03:56 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, the only reason why I'd buy those toys is for my secret room in my house (that I'll make when I get older), which will be filled with hundreds of Star Wars memerobilia (I don't know if that's spelled right). I did buy two posters though, and I want to make myslef those fake lightsabers out of metal and stuff like that. They may cost a bunch, but I think it would be cool to be able to have one. Plus, they're more realistic than those stupid plastic lightsabers (they always break).
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.233.49.126
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-17-2005 11:36 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sa'kal, you realize that you can buy the sabres that they use on the set at specific starwars stores (they have them in disney land and disney world, typical) for like 180$ each, they're nearly indestrucatable, have the sound,and the light. When it's dark they look like real sabres, they're awesome!

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 04-18-2005 01:35 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only ones I saw were real tiny, and were mounted. I know I could buy it, but it'd be much more interesting to actually make it. Then I can claim I built my own lightsaber.

I don't care how stupid that is...

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 04-18-2005 09:01 AM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To Ryk: Nobody is too old for toys...

To Sak'l: I built my own lightsaber hilt last year, it didn't come out so well. Partly because I didn't use the best materials, and also because I didn't spend too much time on it.

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.186.112.1
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 04-18-2005 10:59 PM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, thats why you need to take your time!!!
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Hawke

Broken Back Button

Member # 650

posted 05-23-2005 09:34 PM     Profile for Hawke   Author's Homepage   Email Hawke     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love buying Star Wars toys. I bought Obi-Wan and Yoda just before Revenge of the Sith came out. For my birthday my friends bought me Star Wars legos and the Darth Vader lego's lightsaber lights up, greatest toy ever...
And I was at the Salvation Army and I found Leia and Lando toys for $3, I can't resist an offer like that. I may be closer to being an adult every day, but I can still enjoy toys! No one is ever too old for toys...ever.

--------------------

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." ~ Douglas Adams

Posts: 11 | From: Someplace boring | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 24.14.137.183

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05