my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » **Spoiler** Information...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: **Spoiler** Information...
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-10-2003 09:37 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what I've seen on the starwars offical site, they are talking about Jedi Trials in this one. It might be that the padawan, known as Anakin will actually become a Knight. Hmmm...

Maybe that is how the movie will start, with Anakin doing his Jedi Trails and joining the battlefield afterwards.

[ 09-01-2003 09:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 08-11-2003 06:18 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You mean Jedi Trials.

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.53
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-11-2003 08:30 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, I mean Trails.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-01-2003 09:01 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So you heard that Anakin loses a leg? I'm impressed, they haven't even shot that scene yet - maybe this week? Between that and his arm and you've got a wicked mixture of man and machine. That, and that whole burned to a crisp deal. Literally.
Well, I've got something else to add. His leg is gone from about the knee down or so, not at the thigh like some have speculated. AND he loses something else as well. All of his hair is gone - singed in the fire. And he gets that massive head wound in Episode III - the one you see briefly on Vader unmasked in Return of the Jedi

----------------

New Information from TheForce.Net

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-01-2003 09:02 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More Information:

Every Star Wars fan has dreamed of one moment since first word came that the prequel trilogy would indeed be brought to life.
The duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan is probably the most speculated about, the most anticipated, and the most cataclysmic moment in the Star Wars back story. How did these two friends become enemies? Why was student turned against teacher? In A New Hope, we saw the rematch, but now we're finally getting the real deal.

Last week's shooting focused on this fateful laser sword battle, with Hayden and Ewan doing much of their own stunt work and fighting. Fans have wondered if we will see lava during this fight, and though it has yet to be confirmed, Pablo did make more than one mention of the stage and actors being illuminated by red light

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-01-2003 09:24 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Darth Vader: the look before the helmet
http://pnavy.com/becstar9388/albums/album01/shhaydarticle.jpg

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-07-2003 09:26 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Twist:

Some insiders spill lots of beans all at once - others let it dribble out one tidbit at a time. Here's something we hope to do every Friday - ask one of our sources to dispel a false rumor or theory and reveal hints of things that will help steer speculation toward a more productive path. Here's today's dose of spoilerage, including the word on events that take place just before the movie begins:
The EU character is not Durge or Asaaj Ventress.
The connection the Bruce Spence alien has with a former Boris Karloff character probably is not the one people think of first. "The Mummy" is the character people should be looking at.

As has been hinted, the film starts out with things that have already happened (that the audience needs to be told in the opening scroll.) Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has been captured by the Separatists.

Perhaps you can speculate on where the movie will go from there ...

------------------------

EP3: Ryan Church Chat Highlights
Fri, Sep 05, 03 11:48:54 PM EDT

The Official Site updated with a chat with Ryan Church, concept designer for Episode III. Here's some highlights from what was a stellar day for spoilers:
We will see prototype TIE Fighters.
We will see both the "used universe" design style common in the Classic Trilogy as well as the sleek, "pretty" environments seen so far in the prequels.

We will see evidence of Rebel Alliance ships.

We will see a new location on Naboo.

The new bad guy has a lot of screen time, a memorable role, and he is central to the plot.

Ryan designed the prototype for the X-Wing.

Some of the old Ralph McQuarrie images were incorporated into Ep3. At the start of designing, George pointed out certain designs he definitely wanted to see in the film.

There are not too many scenes that take place in or around a Death Star.

The new Federation Cruiser is a large and aggressive warship. It will look "slightly familiar".

So much more in the members-only Celebrity Talks forum at the Official ite. Discuss and read the complete summary in the JC!
WebTV readers click here for SPOILERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EP3: Costumes of Episode III
Fri, Sep 05, 03 04:49:15 PM EDT

The Official Site Homing Beacon talks about Episode III costumes. Here's a clip of the action to encourage you to subscribe yourself:
Anakin Skywalker clearly has the most profound transition from the prequel to the original trilogy, but the evolution of his Jedi robes from Attack of the Clones to his garb in the new installment is more understated than his future look of dark armor. "We changed his cloak shape, and gave him a new slightly more Jedi-like cloak this time," says Biggar. "We changed his colors, and we darkened them all down, hinting at what he's going to become. Although he was quite dark brown before, there were some lighter aspects. This time, we've really taken shades of dark brown to give him a dark outline even though he's still a Jedi."
Though Senators Padmé Amidala and Bail Organa are absent from the original films, they continue to evolve Episode III, building upon their looks from the previous chapter. "In Episode I, Padmé was very formal and very ceremonial, and that became slightly relaxed for Episode II. In Episode III, we see her in a couple of business-like -- but not heavily ceremonial -- costumes, so generally her look is softer, and we get a chance to see her in a more relaxed state. I think even more relaxed now than she was in Episode II -- softer, more feminine," explains Biggar.

"Though we saw Bail Organa in Episode II as a Senator, George wanted him to look slightly more high tech in a way," she says. "We ended up using more metal pieces in his costumes. He has a high-tech metal comlink, and his ceremonial Senate costume has a beautiful metal collar piece."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EP3: BBC Talks Fan Support for SW Kid
Fri, Sep 05, 03 04:37:47 PM EDT

The BBC has a new report today on the infamous Star Wars kid - this time focusing on fan support and him getting a role in Epsiode III:
Lots of different versions of the original video have now been made, and Ghyslain is now one of the most famous people on the web.
Now thousands of of Star Wars fans have now decided to try and make things better for Ghyslain by getting him a part in Episode III of Star Wars - due in cinemas in 2005.

The person who started the petition told the Newsround website that he hopes that Ghylsain will realise how much support he's got all over the world.

One fan who signed the petition said: "I will stand up and cheer when I see him on screen."

Another said: "Let's make the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to this kid, the best thing as well."

EP3: Increased Security for Finale
Fri, Sep 05, 03 04:25:01 PM EDT

Teen Hollywood is reporting on increased security on the set of Episode III:
An insider says, "This is the scene where Anakin the hero becomes Darth Vader, the big baddie.
"George Lucas is determined to keep a lid on this one. He sees this as his biggest-ever scene as a director and he wants to make sure everyone knows there will be hell to pay of word gets out."

For more on what they're doing follow the link!

EP3: More Family Join Cast
Fri, Sep 05, 03 01:13:23 AM EDT

The Official Site talks about a few returning minor characters to Episode III today:
Though Trisha Noble's performance as Jobal Naberrie was cut from the theatrical release of Episode II, her scene as Padmé's mother was restored as part of the bonus material on the Attack of the Clones DVD.
Returning to the role of a young Beru Whitesun is Bonnie Maree Piesse. Known for her role as Donna on the television series "High Flyers," Piesse has also been a guest on "Blue Heelers" and "Horace & Tina" and played the lead in Composite Creatures. She is also a talented singer and songwriter.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 09-08-2003 04:59 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What ELSE does Anakin lose?

I hope the Duel between Teacher and Student lasts like 30 minutes or more! It's gonna be SWEET!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-08-2003 09:50 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
30 minutes, unlikely. They need more room for killing off Mace Windu, which will be a great scene. Not because I don't love the character, of course I do, but they say he's going to be going out in a good way. Nothing like a punk..

Also, I want to see Count Dooku vs Anakin--which'll be great. Yoda will be fighting someone again, so that'll be great.

This movie will be dark, and I just want to see Yoda fighting in something dark. I will love this, no matter how many lingering SW fans don't, because were probably going to see Padme die and good ol' little kid from Episode I Anakin die and Darth Vader live.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-17-2003 08:12 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I've heard is that there will be yet another New Enemy in the movie as their was in the last one. It'll probably be on the same basis as Jango Fett, but it has yet to be explained exactly who it is.

I'll gain a bit more information from theforce.net...

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-17-2003 08:20 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Information from TheForce.net

Click here to discuss these stories in our Jedi Council forums.

EP3: SPY REPORT: Face Lift
Wed, Sep 17, 03 12:15:44 AM EDT

A first-time insider with access to just a little bit of info from Episode III codenamed Coz sheds some light on what a particular character may look like in the final SW movie of all time. We can confirm some details you'll dig and we'll unpack the second paragraph in a followup tomorrow.
From what I've seen of the movie so far, there was a very Darth-looking character who looks like a cross between a Clone War trooper and the original Darth. Not sure if it was really him or some type of precursor, but very cool.
And has anyone told you about the Peter Cushing prosthetics? Marvelled at the work that went into this guy, yes he pops up in the new film as you've reported and looks stunningly like a younger version of the character from Episode IV. They've nailed the look for sure. I saw a still shot with his hand stroking his chin that you could have sworn was Peter Cushing from the early 70s!

EP3: Two More Actors Join Episode 3 Cast
Tue, Sep 16, 03 09:45:32 PM EDT

The official site updates with news of two more casting additions for Episode 3:
Graeme Blundell - Ruwee Naberrie
Keisha Castle-Hughes - a regal leader
Keisha was referred to in Pablo's recent hyperspace chat as being new to Star Wars. Click on the link above to read more about these actors.

EP3: New Photo Of Anakin Skywalker And More!!
Tue, Sep 16, 03 04:57:52 PM EDT

Today, Dark Jedi from SithClan.Net sent us a photo from the French Lucasfilm Fanclub magazine. The photo features Anakin in his new Episode 3 look.
A few minutes later, Sam Davatchi sent us a note saying he had posted even more pictures from the magazine featuring Palpatine, Senator Giddean Danu (Chris Kirby), and Bana Breemu (Bai Ling). Check them out at the link above!

Update:
Starbelly sends us a comparision pic of the new Episode 3 Anakin image from French Lucasfilm magazine and Luke Skywalker. Click here to check it out.

Clone Wars Cartoon Promo For Download
Mon, Sep 15, 03 11:03:04 PM EDT

Check our Episode 2 section for this Episode 3-related story.

EP3: Fan Art Highlights
Sun, Sep 14, 03 03:13:23 PM EDT

Here are some of the Episode 3 highlights recently added to the Fan Art Museum.

(click on the image to enlarge)

By: Gonzalo Perez Golpe (above left), Darren Girling (above center), Craig Burt (above right).

Artist contact details can be found in the Episode 3 section of the Fan Art Museum.

EP3: Filming So Far
Sun, Sep 14, 03 07:12:33 AM EDT

RebeL Scumb has added week 11 to his filming summary chart (highlight to read):
Evil has never been more prominent than it has in the past few weeks, with Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, Nute Gunray, Wat Tambor, Boba Fett and a number of other galactic villains shooting scenes in the eleventh hour of film production on episode III.
This episode is said to be the darkest and that's been backed up very heavily this week, with more of the cataclysmic duel between Obi-wan and Anakin being filmed, as well as a separatist meeting and some cloaked baddies chasing our heroes to name but a few of the sinister scenes being shot.

Next week will wrap production on Wednesday, and the complicated process of post production begins.

You can download the chart in the links below (contains spoilers).
RebeL Scumb 11 wk summary - word document (71kb), zipped (12kb).

EP3: SPY REPORT: Where Two or More Are Gathered
Fri, Sep 12, 03 06:34:14 PM EDT

An insider we'll call Darth Friday from now on chimes with their weekly dose of tidbits from the world of Episode III. Make of this what you will:
-Lets clarify a little about the "new bad guy" that is talked about in almost every chat. He is not a sith or a jedi traitor. He does wield at LEAST 2 lightsabers at the same time in combat. He has never been seen before (but keep your eyes peeled to the Cartoon Network). He is going to be cool as all heck, BUT he won't steal any thunder from when you see mechanical Darth Vader for the first time.
-Sounds like they recently filmed Obi-Wan taking on the new bad guys' henchmen. Don't be surprised if you hear about Obi-Wan filming his scene aboard a digital creature soon.

-There is currently no Boba Fett in the film at all.

EP3: Secret Identity
Fri, Sep 12, 03 04:12:00 AM EDT

Another revelation in Pablo Hidalgo's Hyperspace Chat has got fans in the 3SA forum speculating. He confirmed that (highlight to read) the person who ordered the clones was seen in Attack of the Clones.
Who is this mystery person? You can discuss their identity with other Star Wars fans in this JC thread. Please note that spoilers are allowed in this particular thread.

EP3: Set Diary Talks Bad Guys
Fri, Sep 12, 03 12:51:19 AM EDT

The Episode 3 Set Diary updates today with news of some of the bad guys we'll see in Episode 3. In summary (highlight to read).
They wear cloaks.
Their weapons are effective against the Jedi.
You can check out the full diary entry at the link above and discuss in this JC thread (beware spoilers). Thanks to Rocky for the alert.

EP3: More Episode 3 Fan Art Highlights
Fri, Sep 12, 03 12:17:40 AM EDT

Here are more Episode 3 highlights recently added to the Fan Art Museum.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-17-2003 08:21 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Comparision Shot mentioned in the writing and information given to you in the previous post.

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode3/newspics/luke_anakin_comparison.jpg

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

star_warrior20

Member # 513

posted 11-11-2003 12:34 PM     Profile for star_warrior20   Author's Homepage   Email star_warrior20     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard he's gonna fail the trials in the 3rd one

--------------------

Sanity does not exist in this world, just like the Force is with young Skywalker, but he is not a Jedi yet.

Posts: 17 | From: Jedi Temple, under the tutelage of Master Qui-Gon Jin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 65.56.47.137

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05