my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Will Anakin become Vader?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Will Anakin become Vader?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-15-2003 02:55 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, we know Anakin has to make the real transition in this one, but will Hayden place on the suit that we all know Darth Vader to be in.

If so, I think it'll be at the end of hte movie with the screen slowly coming from his feet to his face. I know the whole crowd will probably go wild, backflipping in their seats.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-15-2003 08:44 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If Hayden does it, it won't have the impact it does when David Prowse wears the armor.

That guy is just too big and tall and imposing. Hayden isn't.

[ 04-15-2003 08:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-15-2003 09:03 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't Hayden suppose to be getting built before the movie. Maybe he can bulk up to bring that presence.

Well actually, I shouldn't say he should be, he is. They sent him off for some weight training as well as working with a physical trainer. I guess he's really into this part.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 04-15-2003 10:27 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If they do put him in the suit, it won't be Hayden wearing it. He doesn't have the physical presence needed.

Although you never know with GL. The guy has some pretty good story ideas, or he did at one time, but he can't write scripts and direct for shit.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 68.184.208.42
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-15-2003 10:28 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps bulking up might help somewhat, but I still don't think he's as tall. I suppose he can wear platform shoes or something to gain the effect, but I dunno...

"He'll always be that little boy on Tatooine to me!"

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-15-2003 10:40 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, maybe they won't actually place him on a scale of being tall. They could easily just have the movement from his feet to his face and keep it locked on his face. At that point you can just hear the breathing--which would be a good ending.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 04-20-2003 08:20 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
actauly, i dont think vader will make his appearance at all in the movie...

Ive stated this opinion before, but i think about halfway through the flick, or earlier, "anakin" will die in whatever tramatic way ends up being the truth(as we know many theories have been put forth)

Then the rest of the story will go on, and in the last scene we will see the "mysterious hooded figure" *coughPALPATINcough* sitting on his chair, and look down at someone that you cant see cause the camera is focused on palpatine, palpy will say in his voice "now my apprentice... we must destroy the jedi who have wronged us." and fade to black

this then, leaves them open to lead to the next movie in line "a new hope" so the younger generation that hasnt seen those movies will be able to buy the "6-pack DVD ultimate collection of starwars platinum remix revised versions" *shrugs* or something like that

But ya, with that ending on three, it will lead to suspence for newer generations, and us previously hooked fans can watch them all and see how it links together and just say "man, GL is a genious..."

*bows*

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.127
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 12:34 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think that would be as cool as seeing Vader...but whateva...

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-26-2003 04:54 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think we will actually see the Vader Suit for most of the movie. I think it will be mostly about VADER hunting down the remaining JEDI, and acting as PALPY's puppet.

Can't wait to see DARTH VADER vs. MACE WINDU

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 05:33 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nyah, I think the movie won't deal even half about the Darth Vader suit. It'd be better as an ending in my book.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

star_warrior20

Member # 513

posted 11-11-2003 12:33 PM     Profile for star_warrior20   Author's Homepage   Email star_warrior20     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no Hayden won't don the armour, David Prowse will most likely

--------------------

Sanity does not exist in this world, just like the Force is with young Skywalker, but he is not a Jedi yet.

Posts: 17 | From: Jedi Temple, under the tutelage of Master Qui-Gon Jin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 65.56.47.137

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05